Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour, Final Hour on this Thursday. Dan and the Dan Net's Dan Patrick Show. We're off tomorrow, and I decided we would have a meet Thursday. So Tyler fired up the triggers. We have smoked ribbis and salt crusted loaded baked potatoes. Has it better than we do? Alrighty, Final Hour on this Thursday.
Speaker 3: That's there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right? What's the poll question?
Speaker 2: Are we going to stay with six years in the NFL or six years on Saturday Night Live? Is that what we're gonna stay with?
Speaker 4: Seaton?
Speaker 3: We're gonna put that one up there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take six years in the NFL. But being a cast member, now, I don't know if this is true or not, and I'm gonna be guilty of hyperbole here, but all I can tell you is what I was told back in the nineties, mid nineties, that.
Speaker 4: Someone was.
Speaker 2: Broached with the topic of Keith Oberman and myself hosting Saturday Night Live. Now, this is mid nineties Peak Sports Center, and all I know is that I was told by somebody who's affiliated with Saturday Night Live. I don't know anybody on there, that I could have asked to say, was that really true. I know some people who work behind the scenes there, and one of those people said that yes, they had heard that. Whether it's true or not, I have no idea. But if we were on the discussion to be on there, that's all, you know, awesome, even if we weren't on the list of possible co host or whatever. I was going to be on an episode a skit and I was going to be in the building for Football Night in America, and I remember they said, Hey, how about Dan Patrick being this skit? So I waited for the call and then Fred Ormiston sat in in my place on the skit. I don't even know what the skit was. I was just told, Hey, are you available to be in a skit on Saturday Night Live? And I'm went, yes, yeah, I'll be there in a second. And turns out Fred Armiston. So that's as close as I ever got. Although I did go to Saturday Night Live and I met Jim Carrey when he was hosting, and that was pretty cool. And I went to a rehearsal. See the rehearsal, they have a lot more skits and you know, it's looser and you could see if a skit's going to make it to the live version. But I haven't been to a live version of Saturday Night Live. But I think we've all grown up with it, you know, going back to the original, and I think that that's you know, you get hooked on that with Belushi and Bill Murray, certainly with dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase, Gilda Rader. I mean, the originals. Wonderful casting there, Lorraine Newman. But you know, it's hit and miss. Sometimes there are times when you're watching and you're going that skit's not funny, or it goes long, or there's one that you go, you know that's going to stay with you. Here's here's a question for you. The most viewed skit on Saturday Night Live in history. Okay, this isn't your favorite, this is the skit that has been viewed the most, I believe on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Todd, do you have a guess?
Speaker 5: I'm going to say the Richard Pryor Cary not carry the Exorcist with Richard Pryor and like she's pretending to be possessed. I think I think it's Lorraine Newman is the one that's pretending to be possessed by the devil.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's that's a long, long time ago, seventies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Seaton, do you have a skit that you think is the most watched Saturday night live skit on YouTube?
Speaker 3: Man, could be Wayne's World, Okay, could be The Church Lady. Okay, I'm gonna say Wayne's World, all right.
Speaker 4: Marvin.
Speaker 6: The Will Ferrell Cowbell.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good one, Paul, I'm.
Speaker 7: Gonna go recent last year on Nate Bargasi, the comedian was Washington's Dream. I can't wake up without seeing that one online.
Speaker 4: Washington's Dream.
Speaker 3: Yep, he was.
Speaker 7: He was doing a thing about the history of America.
Speaker 2: It's really funny, Okay, from what I was told, sort of close to me. The number one viewed skit Amy Schumer when she plays like she has a she's a teacher, and she's a sexed up teacher, and she's kind of I think she's a porn star teacher and so everything is sexual innuendo. But I think that's the most viewed Saturday Live skit. I never would have thought that, and I had never seen it before until I heard it, and then I went and watched it. It's never as good as what you think it is when you're watching it in the moment. But it was still funny because Amy Schumer is really funny. But yeah, I don't know the exact title of it, but I think she got a very revealing top on and everything is sexual.
Speaker 4: When you wind up Todd, you'd love it, you know.
Speaker 6: It sounds like a great skin of course.
Speaker 3: Yes, my favorite skit. I don't really know why, but it's always been my favorite skit. Phil Hartman is in it. Who God, man, that dude is just he was so funny. And Dana Carvey plays a like pop star who's got I think writer's block, and he's going into this meeting with his label to see what his new song is going to be, and he's just making it up on the spot and he's like, you know, my lady went downtown, she bought some broccoli. She wrote it home and he sings a song about this lady choppin broccoli and Phil Hartman he's just eating it up, Like god, it's so good. It's just so good. What a genius is It's the dumbest skit. It's the easiest joke in the world. But man is it so funny.
Speaker 2: I would say the Samurai with Belushi, Yes, yes, that was that was great. And then you hear the stories. So when I did Football Night in America for a couple of years, we were doing it on the same floors Saturday Night Live, and I would always go back one of my you know, my dressing room was the main dressing room for the host who would be there on Saturday Night Live, so it would be after Saturday Night Live we would be there on Sunday. So I'd always be curious what, you know, they host the guest host would leave in the dressing room, and you know, there was always a few, you know, interesting things that were left in there, but there's so much history in there that that's where they all were. And then you hear the stories that they would hide drugs in the ceilings. Dan Ackroyd was talking about how you know, they were hiding drugs up in the you know those little cutout ceilings there you push them up, you could, you know, store stuff, and they were hiding drugs from one another because they didn't want them stolen by somebody else.
Speaker 4: Just trying to survive that and Chevy Chase was there one year.
Speaker 2: I believe, and then he decided to make movies, and then all of a sudden it became kind of Bill Murray, Ackroyd and Gilda Radner, and you know, just so fast forward to early nineties. You know, I strike up a friendship with Bill Murray, and you know, you're I'm walking down the street in the in Greenwich village with Bill Murray and realizing that you know, he watches Sports Center and he wanted to talk, and we went out, We had dinner, We did a pub crawl, a to Z pub crawl. We got in a street cleaner and we were going to drive it off. He almost got in a fight that night. You know, so you're like, what am I doing here? You know, but that's a normal day for Bill. We did a pub crawl A to Z. Now we only made it to I think Letter J before all hell broke loose. But yeah, I mean, and then you know, we're in Toronto for a movie with Sandler and Ackroyd is there and Sandler goes to Ackroyd, Danny tell them all the stories.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, guys, ask him all that.
Speaker 2: So we're asking all these questions about Saturday Night Live, and he was very forthcoming, with that, So Saturday Night Live coming up this weekend fiftieth anniversary, so we'll talk to Heidi Gardner, who's part of the current crew, and shol John is coming up here in a little bit.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: When we left off last hour, we were talking about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees.
Speaker 4: We went through some of them.
Speaker 2: I hate doing this where you say somebody shouldn't be a Hall of Famer, But if you're asking me that, then I'll give you my honest opinion. And you know, Joy Division, I'm not really aware of Joy Division. I probably would be, you know if I google them, but sure you know they it's kind of like.
Speaker 3: Joy Division and New Order spawned like The Cure, you know, sort of like that, like depeche Mode. Maybe a lot of those sort of gothy pop goth kind of right.
Speaker 4: Who else is on that list? Let's see.
Speaker 3: So far we've mentioned Bad Company, The Black Crows, Mariah Carey, Chubby Checker, Joe Cocker, Billy Idol, Joy Division in New Order, Cindy Lauper. This band I'm not familiar with, so I apologize if I'm mispronouncing it, but I believe they're called Manah They are huge, massive, huge, huge, huge in Mexico. Yes, they're a massive Mexican band and they should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, they are huge.
Speaker 3: Next on the list is Oasis. Yeah, I mean clearly, yeah, I mean just to hear their speech, right, yeah, to see them.
Speaker 7: How many original albums did Oasis make?
Speaker 4: That one was huge?
Speaker 7: Did they do a follow up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had a bunch. Okay, yeah, they had a bunch that did really well. But they were bigger than the Beatles. They just asked them, do you know you can ask English people too, and they would put Oasis ahead of the Beatles.
Speaker 4: Now these are people don't know music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously, what are the English now?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 3: How about after Oasis, we have outcasts? I think this is Outcast maybe second time on that list too.
Speaker 2: Sure, this is what I would hope is the super Bowl in Atlanta twenty twenty eight. Outcast, Outcast is your halftime entertainment. I'll just throw that out all right, Okay, anything else?
Speaker 3: Fish is on the the uh supergroup from Vermont. They, I would say absolutely because they never had a true hit, They never had any real radio play, They never had any real like commercial support at all and somehow we're one of the biggest touring acts of all time. It seems like, Okay, that's pretty great.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Sound Garden one of the early sort of grunge ish bands. Before there was grunge, there was Sound Garden.
Speaker 2: I don't know enough about them except for what Chris Cornell, but I don't know enough of their music. I would say probably no, okay, but okay, more influential Sonic Youth.
Speaker 4: Or Sound Garden.
Speaker 3: For me, Sonic Youth, okay, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: Then the last on the list is The White Stripes, which I would say just based on Seven Nation Army, absolutely, because you have not been able to go to a sporting event, whether it's high school all the way up to the biggest game in the world without hearing dun Dun dun d just that one song alone and how it's hit like critical Mass.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, the whole thing, the way they dressed and was it his sister, was it his wife? Uh So there was always mystery there with him. But he's still like he has all these the rack on tours and he's got a couple of different bands that he performs under Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I think they can take six.
Speaker 3: Six from that list.
Speaker 2: I think it's six. I think six is the max. How about you pick one Seaton, I'll start with you. The one rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominee is.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: Why do you have to do that? I would. I guess I'm gonna go Mariah Carry Yeah, I would.
Speaker 4: I would put her in first Man Todd, how about you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess Mariah from that group, and I couldn't name a couple of songs.
Speaker 4: From some of the other ones anyway, Yeah, you can't. Mark. I'm gonna go with Fish.
Speaker 9: What so because I worked at a boxing match in the theater of Madison Square Garden New Year's Eve one year and above the main garden.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Fish performed for about twelve nights in a row. Yeah, I'm sorry you're in. Yeah, Paulie, I think I go Bad Company. I'm not the biggest fan, but I'm aware of them, and they had a heck of a run. It almost feel like they should have been in before.
Speaker 4: I love Bad Company.
Speaker 2: Paul Rodgers is a great He also performed I Think with Queen after Freddie had died and they went out on tour and they had Paul Rodgers. I think Adam Lambert is touring with him or had toured with him. But Paul Rodgers. He let me in free, didn't he do?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Paul Rodgers did that great great voice.
Speaker 3: King Crimson, King Crimson, isn't it. I feel like Bad Company has links to a lot of different bands.
Speaker 2: I think because of Paul Rodgers. Not the Hoople, not the poopl not the Poopol, but Manta Hoople their biggest song. David Bowie wrote All the Young Dudes. I don't know if you can name the next Manta Hoopol song. That's one of my favorite games. With one hit All the Young Dudes two. It's a great song, but I think David wrote it for mont the Hoople. All right, let me take a break, get some phone calls coming up. But I hate when you know this this goes. This is just like the Sports Hall of Fame when you go no, yeah, no, Like these people all had great careers, but you know you've got to have a really definitive opinion on them. You know, it's a hard answer there of yes or no. Although we don't do that with rock and roll artist Dewey, like is it yes or no? But we'll do that with you know, uh Jim Plunk, yes or no? Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 9: Because music is so subjective, Like if I start trouble right now, say Outcast is the greatest rap group ever, people are gonna be upset about that because it's all subjective.
Speaker 6: So that's the difference between music and sports.
Speaker 9: Like somebody averages thirty points a game for their career, no one's gonna say, I'm not sure, Like that's a no brain.
Speaker 4: Is Outcast the greatest rap group of all time?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: Wow, Todd might disagree.
Speaker 6: I'm all about run DMC.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know they actually have that almost like that sports analogy to where you can't go into a lot of stadiums without hearing hey ya playing at least for a period of time. That was like a massive anthem that I'll cast.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, take a break, more phone calls coming up. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 11: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together. We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 8: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 8: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's.
Speaker 4: Going on in the world.
Speaker 11: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 8: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 4: I mean that says something, right, So.
Speaker 11: Check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up.
Speaker 8: As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: A couple of phone calls, then we'll talk to Heidi Gardner Saturday Night Live. I have comedian actress fiftieth anniversary coming up this weekend. Andy and Rhode Island. Hi, Andy, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Dan Dennet.
Speaker 12: I hope y'all I get gearing up ready for your vacation is long Overding.
Speaker 5: I hope you all enjoy it.
Speaker 12: Dad.
Speaker 8: I need answers to Pritty because I feel like he's mailing it in.
Speaker 2: He's not taking chees from his wife.
Speaker 13: And it's a big.
Speaker 12: Concern because for a guy that putting so much effort.
Speaker 14: To get on his knee on Christmas Eve?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Ritty?
Speaker 15: Dude?
Speaker 2: Are you not getting enough love?
Speaker 3: Do I have to send a hut to you?
Speaker 4: Thank you? Andy?
Speaker 5: The problem is every time I try to do anything remotely romantic, she's just not doesn't receive it very well. I already have this, you got me something similar to that in earrings. I don't We're spending so much money on college and everything.
Speaker 6: I don't want. I don't want anything. I don't need anything.
Speaker 5: She's made it clear for years now, just kind of let her watch her Real Housewives and leave her Alone's.
Speaker 6: Maybe we can bring in food.
Speaker 5: We don't have to go out to dinner well like an old couple, like people living like we ninety.
Speaker 6: Just bring in some pizza. I'm fine. Really, that's what we're doing.
Speaker 5: I can't get you like you eggs or a bracelet, ne because I got plenty of jewelry. I got the emerald thing, the diamond thing, the pearl thing.
Speaker 6: We're fine.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, poor guy man, feel for you.
Speaker 6: That's me down.
Speaker 4: Al in California. Him.
Speaker 3: Hey, Gzy peet, Pandora, shout out, Pandora, Gep.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna get to it very quickly.
Speaker 3: I have a quick game of one of these dudes have in common.
Speaker 14: I also wanted to have a.
Speaker 2: Quick old out there hot full talk.
Speaker 6: Is Jalen Hurts a top five quarterback?
Speaker 2: That's for another day, you know I brought it up. Is he going to be viewed as an elite quarterback? If you want to put him in the top five, fine, just tell me who you're taking out like, I'm fine with it. I mean, Joe Burrow's in there, Mahomes is in there, Josh Allen in there, Lamar Jackson, and Jalen Hurts. Okay, I can't argue with the postseason, regular season. Yeah, probably not a top five, but in the big games he comes up there. Let me see Tammy in California. Hi, Tammy, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Hi Damn Patrick?
Speaker 4: Love your show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Tammy, first time caller.
Speaker 13: Five nights.
Speaker 3: My sister turned sixty today. She's in Vegas.
Speaker 4: She's listening listening to it on the radio.
Speaker 13: Can I get a shout out from you?
Speaker 1: And the excuse me from you?
Speaker 4: And the Dennet and what's her name, Tammy?
Speaker 12: Her name is Don and Vegas. Don Don, my sister, the older sister.
Speaker 2: Okay, of course, of course he's older than you. How about we give Don in Vegas a thank you, Tammy.
Speaker 5: Todd.
Speaker 4: We'll have you rhyme gonna love it?
Speaker 2: Yeah she will, she will, Uh get your rhyme time ready for maybe after Heidi's got a.
Speaker 6: Rhyme time tweet.
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If it don't fit, you must have quit. NBA's Kevin from CSM, a tweeter of the show.
Speaker 3: Uh. So glove, love love love glove.
Speaker 6: They're playing along at home got the home game.
Speaker 4: Heidi Gardner.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: She's a Saturday Night Live cast member and a die hard Chiefs fan. The SNL fiftieth anniversary special Sunday at eight Eastern on NBC and Peacock. He is also in the Apple TV comedy Shrinking, plays the character Grace. Harrison Ford and Jason Segel are in that Heidi joins us Now. When I told Fritzy to reach out and have you join us, this was before the Super Bowl, and I know you're a big Chiefs fan, and we thought you were going to be in a great mood.
Speaker 4: So what kind of mood are you in?
Speaker 15: Okay, I am in a mood where I am very fortunate and blessed. We won two years in a row. We've won three times in the last six years, very lucky. Sunday was really hard. I love the Chiefs. The only thing I'm upset about are some of these false narratives after the fact that you know, like Mahomes's legacy is questioned like that is crazy to me. The fact that some people are saying that the Chiefs had already copyrighted three pete and that was like the motivation for the Eagles. Like I love bulletin board material. We use it, but I can assure you all season there was no chief or coach read it was saying anything about three pete. I feel like they were trying to ignore that noise. Of course, it's in your head. And I just want to say, at the beginning of the season, a lot of people were talking smack on the Eagles and that they had lost it.
Speaker 13: They were talking this last year.
Speaker 15: They were talking it on Jalen Hurts and now it's just like they were always the inevitable team.
Speaker 13: I'm just a little frustrated and I needed to get all that out.
Speaker 4: Did you cry Sunday?
Speaker 13: No, I didn't cry.
Speaker 15: I think my job as a Chiefs fan is just to give them love and hope, and I just continued to try and love and hope us into a win and it didn't happen.
Speaker 13: And I love them all the same.
Speaker 2: When did you begin your love affair with the Kansas City Chiefs growing up in Kansas City?
Speaker 13: Yeah, so I was born there, so it was faded.
Speaker 15: But my mom has just always been a sports fan, and it was probably like around five and a half or six years old. I just accepted that on Sundays we were going to be watching football like that, and I needed to embrace that because I loved my mom and that was the thing that I needed.
Speaker 13: To learn how to love too.
Speaker 4: Okay, but this fandom though, now it's with you the rest of your life.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, And I still consider it a blessing, even though it takes over my persona and my anxiety quite quite a bit.
Speaker 6: But I love it.
Speaker 4: Did you talk to Taylor Swift when she was on Saturday Night Live?
Speaker 15: Well, so I had talked to her pre her becoming a Chiefs fan, so I haven't gotten to connect with her since, but I would love to talk Chiefs with her.
Speaker 2: Feels like it's inevitable her and Travis are going to get engaged. I mean, I love love. I'm rooting for love is what I'm rooting for.
Speaker 13: Me too, I'm rooting for love.
Speaker 15: I was scared in the beginning because, like as a fan first, like I love both those people, but I was like, is this going to be a distraction? But it's been all good and I love Love and I love that like she's brought even more eyes on our team.
Speaker 2: Are you a competitor the way an athlete is? With whatever roles do you have on SNL or when you're you know, doing other shows?
Speaker 13: For sure?
Speaker 15: I mean I always say that I played sports growing up, and the only one of the only reasons I wish I would have continued on is because I wish I had like the total discipline of an athlete. But I will say recently at work, there's a few times when I've gotten thrown things where I have to go perform with no rehearsal, and that is scary. I mean, it's live anyways, but if I haven't had a rehearsal and they're just like, you're in this now or you're doing this now, and I'm like, you know, I want to come back and be like, we didn't even do a rewriter, we didn't do this, And I just think to myself, what would mahomes do? He would play?
Speaker 13: So that's what I do.
Speaker 2: Heidi Gardner's Saturday Night Live cast member. So it's actors, comedian, writer, die Hard Chief spent. Is that the order, Yes, I mean.
Speaker 15: You can always move Diehard Chief sent to the top. That is like the thing that has stayed consistent. That's probably my number.
Speaker 2: One fiftieth anniversary special Sunday, February sixteenth at eight Eastern that'll be uh NBC and Peacock. Also, you play Grace in the Apple TV shrinking. Then you push your boyfriend off a cliff?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how was that?
Speaker 13: It felt good?
Speaker 5: He was a jerk.
Speaker 4: He had it coming, Yes, he had it coming.
Speaker 2: What was the first sketch you did where you go uh oh uh, oh in a good way or oh in a bad way?
Speaker 13: Oh in a good way?
Speaker 15: Was I did a weekend Update and the character was every boxer's girlfriend from every movie about boxing ever, And that one just connected with the audience, and I think people were like, oh, yeah, that's a trope. I see the girlfriend in a boxing movie or the wife always has the exact same script. Yeah that and I just I got a lot of feedback, And that's the first time I started like people would recognize me and they would say like a catchphrase, and.
Speaker 2: They go, I'm going to my sisters. Yes, yeah, is that like you walked in the streets of New York?
Speaker 4: What do you get? I get that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 15: What's cool is I think because SNL is such an institution here and it's been around for so long, it feels like a sports team. So people New Yorkers actually, instead of like necessarily calling out a sketch or anything, they just are like, go, Heidi go.
Speaker 13: I'm me yanky or something like cool, I'm on the team.
Speaker 4: What was your dress? What your audition?
Speaker 13: Like, Oh my gosh, well it was on I.
Speaker 15: Just feel like I have to relate everything to sports. You're not pushing me into that. But it was on August twenty third, So I put a picture of Lebron and Michael Jordan on my phone to just be like twenty three greatness, So I remember.
Speaker 2: That from it.
Speaker 15: And then it was five minutes and I think I did about twelve characters because I wanted to be undeniable.
Speaker 13: I wanted to give them everything I had.
Speaker 15: But it was also my first time ever seeing that SNL stage in person, so I was also just like I stepped on it and I wanted to be like, can I take a selfie? And they were like, and your audition is five four three, And then suddenly it was happening. So I kind of blacked out. And then a week later they called me they said we wanted to come back. I blacked out, but I did the audition. They said we wanted to come back and do the audition another audition, but this time it has to be a totally new one. We want to see if she can oh waa ceial in a week, and I was like, I gave you like my stars. And so my second audition was like me rifling through old sketches and characters. And I always say like my second audition was like me playing my bench and then I won the game Who's Cool?
Speaker 2: Sandler and Will Ferrell, you know they talk about how it gets kind of cold in there, you know, in a variety of ways where you know there's no ambiance really, like Lauren can be out there and you don't even know if he's there's no reaction or any like, how do you know when you're doing well in your audition?
Speaker 15: I actually think it's the type of person you are. Possibly, I mean I did hear laughs. I don't know if I heard Lauren's laugh, but like it's warm enough where I mean, anybody who's auditioning this funny and I think you're going to hear some laughs, but you don't know, you know, if it's enough laughs to get the job. I remember leaving the audition and having the anxiety start to set in, and there were a couple guys outside who had also just auditioned, and they approached me and they were like so did you kill it? And I was like I don't I I don't know, did you And they were like, yeah, I think so. So I was like, Okay, I think it's just who you are. It's like you might have that inner confidence.
Speaker 4: Okay, give me your ideal hote.
Speaker 2: I'm going to let you create your own show from the standpoint of your guest host is going to be and your musical guest will be who you can pick anybody?
Speaker 13: Ooh, okay my.
Speaker 15: Guest host, I mean I have I do want. I got Travis Kelce, I want my homes. I want my homes or I want Lebron two debatable goats, but you know those are ones that I really want.
Speaker 12: And then.
Speaker 15: Music wise, I mean, I really liked the Kindrick halftime show. I'd love to see him do whatever he wants on SNL as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, who do you think had a worse night, Mahomes or Drake.
Speaker 13: Drake.
Speaker 15: I think that.
Speaker 4: That's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: That's pretty bad when the entire crowd is singing a song that's about you and he went as far away as possible. He went to Australia.
Speaker 15: Yes, yes, yeah, but again Mahomes really you know his tweet after he likes to win, so I mean he I feel his pain too.
Speaker 4: Keep your head up though, honey, I hope some things good are coming your way.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, you know, the Chiefs losing, so I hope something you know good happens here.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 15: Yeah, life works that way. Then you know, maybe a big movie or TV show is coming my life.
Speaker 4: Do you think do you have a big movie come in your way?
Speaker 15: No, but I'm looking for one or just some sort of series that I get to create. I would love anything like that.
Speaker 4: Would you like for me to talk to Sandler?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, well we missed you and happy Gilmore too, But I don't know what he's going to have. But you know what we get done with this, I think I'll do that. I'll just say, hey, I know this person down in the dumps Chiefs lost, needs to pick me up.
Speaker 4: How about those water Boy water Boy water and Daryl Water Daryl.
Speaker 5: We got it?
Speaker 2: Yes, have fun? Thank you again, Heidi. Thank you, Heidi Gardner. Saturday Night Live cast member, and iheard Chiefs spent fiftieth anniversary this Sunday on NBC and Peacock. That's at eight Eastern and Of course, you can see her on the Apple TV show Shrinking with Harrison Ford and Jason Siegel. When we come back Rhyme Time, last call for phone calls what we learned. And also, if you're watching on Peacock, it's Meet Thursday. We got Ribbi's out there and Sue some loaded up potatoes as well.
Speaker 4: We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Meet Friday Awesome. All the recipes you'll find those at danpatrick dot com. All right, we've been putting off Rhyme Time. We want to have a standalone segment. I didn't want you to compete with Heidi Gardner or anybody else today.
Speaker 6: I would lose that yeah time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she's a comedian. I wanted you to have a standalone segment here, Rhyme Time. Once again, would you explain to the audience what Rhyme Time is all about.
Speaker 6: I'm going to give you two clues, and the answers to those clues are words that rhyme with one another.
Speaker 5: Okay, for instance, for instance, close game as Paulie likes to call it when it's a close game. Embrace, close game, embrace, Snug, Hug, Snug hug.
Speaker 4: Paulie loves the word snug. Oh yeah, you love snug.
Speaker 7: It's a good thing. Snug in the cold day.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But Paulie be like, oh, it'll be ESPN snug, so you know it's on ESPN. It's a really tight game.
Speaker 4: Snug. Public service, all right.
Speaker 3: Tod small cat head over heels. Yeah, kittensman, kitten smitten.
Speaker 6: That's correct.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's tried. Valentine's Day things are.
Speaker 5: All val boxes and breeths cheating, boxes and breefs cheating.
Speaker 6: What are boxes and briefs?
Speaker 3: Pair affair?
Speaker 6: That would be underwear affair, boxes and breeze and Peter, it would be.
Speaker 14: An underwear affair. Okay, wow, not punctual. A night out, Not punctual, a night out, late date, late date?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Row seat rubber, roast seat rubber, yes, Paul section section, we'll.
Speaker 6: Look at it. Section protection. Section protection would be roast seat and rubber.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, I'm going condom, condom, condom, londom, condom.
Speaker 4: The trojan mogin.
Speaker 5: Jalen winks at Jaalen winks at Rose Hurts Hurts is one of them jalen and winks and hurts flirts.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's keep forgetting.
Speaker 16: Sports drink, sing to sports drink, sing to Marvin, Gatorade, serenade, rhyme, rhyme.
Speaker 5: Intestinal surgery showing love, intestinal surgery showing love.
Speaker 3: What is bowel obstructions?
Speaker 14: If we'll look at that resection and affection, that's that specific sports footwear.
Speaker 5: Between the sports footwear between that would be cleatch sheets, laryngitis, intimate relations, laryngitis, intimate relations.
Speaker 3: Horse intercourse, intercourse absolutely is that's what it is. Intercourse of course.
Speaker 5: Saint Brown threesome, Saint Brownesome.
Speaker 4: I'm on Econimus and.
Speaker 6: The judges were looking for a Manra and Mona would be.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna give that to Fritzy.
Speaker 4: I'm going to give you a blop on that deep cut.
Speaker 6: Manelo song treats Mandy Candy Pinocchio. Will you accept this?
Speaker 5: Thse Rose? Complain where my heart belongs? Complain where my heart belongs? Fritzy complaining would also be whining to wine Valentines with the judgle.
Speaker 4: Okay, we only have a.
Speaker 6: One or two left?
Speaker 5: How about poke fun at cosmetic rockers poke fun at. When you poke fun at, like talk about someone's mom, you're kind of what are you doing to them if you poke fun at them?
Speaker 6: And a rock group that had a lot of makeup on their face like it was Halloween.
Speaker 3: That's what a cosmetic rocker is.
Speaker 6: Cosmetic rockers and kiss dis kiss is exactly what that is. Diss and kiss.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take away a bluep on that one.
Speaker 5: And my last one was dumb arrow also Valentine's weighted dumb and arrow.
Speaker 6: Stupid, stupid, cupid.
Speaker 3: And I think that's all all right, Thank you, Tom, welcome round and pause.
Speaker 6: A monra that's Saint Brown and threesome.
Speaker 3: Of course, horse horse and.
Speaker 6: Intercourse Lary is an intimate relationship.
Speaker 2: Final results of the poll question there, horse intercourse, horse intercourse.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, final results of the poll question. Let's see we have up there would you rather do six years in the NFL or six years with SNL? Right now, that's split fifty to fifty. We also have who's the greatest SNL cast member? Your options were Chris Farley, Eddie Murphy, Will Farrell, Bill Murray, Adam Sandler, and other. Do you want to guess who's in the last place right now.
Speaker 4: Adam Sandler.
Speaker 3: What the heck is that all about? Yeah, he wasn't great on Saturday Night Line.
Speaker 4: What he wasn't?
Speaker 3: People right now, at about thirty percent of the vote have Chris Farley, followed very closely by Eddie Murphy and Will Farrell are actually tied.
Speaker 8: Eddie.
Speaker 2: Eddie Murphy saved Saturday Night Live. Yeah, now, if you're going to factor that in of there was nothing like when Eddie came on. People talked about him on Monday. I mean, he was incredible. This day in sports history, Paul, just give you a couple.
Speaker 7: Nineteen seventy seven, Doctor j played its first NBA All Star Game. He was the MVP with thirty points and twelve rebounds. Oh and this is said two thousand and eight, Roger Clemens denied taking pds in front of Congress.
Speaker 2: On this date, Cooper Cupp named the MVP. Rams beat the Bengals Super Bowl fifty six. Let's see, Oh, here's one. Nineteen eighty three, Julia Serving is named MVP again, but the game featured Marvin Gay singing the national anthem. Google it It's awesome. Brett in California Hi, Brett, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Kicks for tall, one hundred and eighty pounds, Long time blister, First on caller, you talk about the most popular SNL sketch view wise of all time. I'm out here in California. It's raining buckets every time it rains in this state, all over social media, all you see the news. Everything is the Chris Farley El Nino sketch that has to have more views than any Saturday Night Life content in history.
Speaker 2: Well, I was listening to Amy Schumer being interviewed on Howard Stern, and Howard brought it up to Amy that it's the most viewed skit that she plays this porn star teacher, provocative teacher, and I think it's the most viewed skit on YouTube any history. Kenny in Indiana, Hi Kenny, Hey.
Speaker 3: Dan, first time caller, six foot one fifty.
Speaker 12: I wasn't calling to see if you have any.
Speaker 3: Knowledge or if you can put in a good word if there's going to be a grown Ups three in the works.
Speaker 2: I have not been told anything. I think Sandler's got to get through Happy Gilmore too. Putting that together. That'll be a big movie coming up, probably in July. But I don't know what his other plans are. He's always got two or three that are kind of in the on deck circle. All righty, we did it. We're ready to go on vacation for a couple of days. Yeah, yeah, yeah, are we applauding for us? Okay, Todd, what did you learn today?
Speaker 5: Heidi Gardner has a Patrick Mahomes attitude when she's thrown into a sketch and has to perform without any rehearsal.
Speaker 3: Seat O'Connor, He's open to a movie or a TV show, whichever. Send the officeh see what I can do, Marvin.
Speaker 6: Kevin O'Connell is the second best looking coach.
Speaker 7: Paul grown ups three. I see rumblings of twenty twenty six schedules.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, I haven't heard from Sandler. I'm gonna have to check my schedule. See if I'm available. Todd, what did I learn today?
Speaker 5: You learned that Kevin O'Connor believes John mcmagy must have a four step grooming process to get his hair to.
Speaker 6: Look like that.
Speaker 2: What we learned brought to you by Keeper's Heart, a new and unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating a smooth character of Irish whiskey and the bold flavors of American whiskey. S If you're a whiskey fan, you gotta try it. Please sip responsibly. Thank you, Thank you for everything. Gonna be on vacation a few days. We'll look forward to talking to you when we get back.