Speaker 1: The angels are wrestling with demons.
Speaker 2: Let's play ball.
Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros.
Speaker 3: This is Leading Off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports Books. It's me, Joey p Joe Piezafia with me is the Welsh, and of course it's you. Happy Monday, everybody. I hope you had a lovely weekend. I'm sure it was filled with softball games for your kids, in baseball games and flag football games and all sorts of other games. Probably some soccer in there as well, some dance vercitals. Who knows, as a parent what you had going on, or maybe just it is yours. I know Welsh had a very important dance vercitle coming up for himself. He's been working very hard on all of his plea's. But we're back here talking baseball. I'll look at it. Look at the moves, baby, it's pretty good. Exciting baseball show that there is. It's Leading Off and we're here every single Monday through Friday at noon. And look at this Welsh. Look at that. Up to seven point two three YouTube subscribers. Oh baby, we blowing up.
Speaker 1: We big time.
Speaker 4: We going do you think we get to eight before the end of the year.
Speaker 1: I think it's I don't think it's impossible.
Speaker 3: Maybe if I start giving away free stuff, maybe yeah, maybe we get free stuff flows.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe this we get a little bit more into the summer, we see where the numbers are at. If they're looking to kind of juicy and possible, we make a call. We dip into that pristine auction and maybe we could find a little something something if we hit to eight K.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's kind of like the banana stand of fantasy pros. It's the pristine auction. There's always money in the banana stand, and there's always some cool stuff.
Speaker 5: If the prize closet like radio, you'd be like, let's get dip into the prize closet.
Speaker 1: Let's get the prize closet, except this will.
Speaker 5: Be something really good. This would be something really good, not like, hey, look it's.
Speaker 1: Two tickets to toe the wet sprocket. Let's go, I like, ow the what? But anyway, let's.
Speaker 3: Talk talk about what's going on in Major League Baseball, and let's start with the Angels Welsh They have now dropped eleven straight. The Phillies, on the other hand, of one four in a row. We told you when they fired Girardi. Keep an eye out in the wagery market, in the DFS market, in the fantasy market for a little bit of a surge with the Phillies. When the fire a manager, sometimes it happens. Well, you got it. But let's talk about the Angels because that's more fun. Taylor Ward's the il Joe Adell recalled. Anthony Rendon could begin baseball activity soon, could be doing a keto diet. Who knows what he's doing. Mike Trout has been dreadful over the last week. We'll get more onto that later. But the Angels look eleven game losing streaks. Welsh, that's a tough thing to come back from.
Speaker 4: Yep, it is quite the thing to see.
Speaker 5: Remember this team, the Taany and Trout and how the excitement Jared Walsh popping off.
Speaker 4: It is boo rutal.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: The problem is, though, I'm falling into this space, not just from the fantasy, but you get into like betting and gambling and stuff like they gotta win, like it's gotta change. Like so I feel like I'm gonna start falling in that space where it's like I want to bet the Mike trout total bases because it can't keep going like this. I want to bet the Angels. I want to bet you know they're fall You're gonna get some probably incredible lines. I haven't looked today what the line is gonna be. I want to make some of those bets with the Angels right now, because it's so bad.
Speaker 4: They can't be this can they be this bad?
Speaker 3: Well, look, here's the sentiment, and there's Mark. I guess the Otani MVP chances are slipping. It's Aaron Judge's award to lose. It's June, it's June relaxed. In fact, this is the great time to start buying those shares of Otani as they start to click up and up and up, because he's still the only guy pitching. This is a bad streak that will be forgotten in August. I'm telling you right now, it's gonna be completely forgotten.
Speaker 5: I actually agree with both sides of this, like with what Mark says, like right now, like Judge is kind of like the pack leader because it is early, but it is a great time to buy Otani. He cannot win this award with this current production. Like if this continues you're done. He will not win it. He has to be better. If he's a little bit better, he's gonna run away with it because of pitching side, like what you're alluding to. So this is a great time if you're a gambling gambler and you want to throw a couple more bucks because you're not gonna get better odds. This probably in June might be the Maybe June six might be the best odds you could get on a tiny MVP the entire season after eleven game losing streak.
Speaker 4: Best time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I want to echo your sentiments about Trout because I think he's even money tonight over.
Speaker 5: In the tots A basis. It's it's even or plus plus fifteen somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's it's an even or plus money in some places, depending on where your look over at bettingpros dot com to find out where you can get the best line.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you something I would.
Speaker 3: I saw it this morning staring me at the face, So wa ooh, baby, I think it might be time to start looking at that one. Let's get this mother headlined the weekend boy, Bryce and Stott three run walk off Homer stunning the Angels in that game. We also had Harrison Bader lee the Cardinals past the Cubs on Sunday. Good game for him. David Bedner whiffs two, gets his tenth save. Congratulations to you. Cole Tucker was claimed off waivers from the Pirates by the Diamondbacks. Josh Donaldson lifted the Yankees to their sixth straight win. The Yankees are cruising right now. Montgomery had no decision, but he pitched well. That that Yankee rotation. You know what, Cole and Nester Cortez at the top. You've gotten good starts from Montgomery, good starts from Tyon. Save Reno looks good. This is a really look. This was the thing that really bit the Yankees last year was the rotation after Cole. They had nothing in the rotation. The Kluber experiment didn't work. Tyon was still kind of working his way back, sever Reina was on the shelf. This Yankee rotation is a totally different animal, and right now the Yankees certainly look like they are a big time contender for the World Series. We'll see if everybody can stay healthy. But to me, Welsh, the difference has been now everybody in that rotation pitching in Montgomery was good last year. I want to give him some credit, but still the one two punch at the top takes a lot of pressure off the guys three, four to five.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I had proposed last week of Luis Severino for the rest of the season being more valuable than Walker Buehler. We had this discussion over on ITL and it's more and more looking like that place you. I know, it's also pretty gross about this team. They've also got replacements in the wings. They've got prospects, not just far away prospects. They've got two pictures that could come up today in Triple A twenty four year olds ken Walda Chuck and Hayden Wsanowski, both really really good pictures that could jump into a rotation. But what it also says to me is they have got They even have to look at this as like we are so overperforming what we possibly could have imagined that in instances like these, you don't take your foot off the gas.
Speaker 4: You be aggressive. They have got stuff to move throughout their system.
Speaker 5: Prospect hitters, I mean their top six or essentially prospect hitters. They've got guys from the lower levels to the high. They've got so much Will Warren another low player. I would look for them to be aggressive and make a move, whether it's for you know, a sixth lockdown pitcher, seventh I suppose you could even throw into there for them or not. They've just got It's just not fair. It's not fair with the offense, it's not fair with the pitching, and that they might have more assets than really anybody right now to go make aggressive moves.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know, it's funny, good comment here again, Mark crushing it today with the comments.
Speaker 1: They've got a lot of people in the comments.
Speaker 3: If you want to be in the comments and you're watching live, you have to be subscriber of our Fantasy Pros YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros MLB. But you know, Mark kind of made an offhanded comment, but it's kind of true. Gary Sanchez is not catching anymore for the Yankees, make no mistake about that. His lack of defense, bad play calling at times. Let me tell you that is a huge difference for this Yankees rotation. And I think sometimes when we're playing fantasy, we don't pay enough attention to who the catcher is. You know, you've looked historically, you know the Cardinals have always had some good starters there. Yadi Emarlin has been there for twenty years. You know, those guys do make a difference. Speaking of the Cardinals, Nolan Gorman excuse me sitting out on Sunday against the Cubs.
Speaker 1: He's been doing with that back issue.
Speaker 3: Clayton Kershaw was strong in the rehab starting He'll be back with the big club this week, so activate them in all your lineups. Wander Franco has not resumed baseball activities yet, but again the thought process. Hopefully later in the week he will. Myke yess is a return the following week. You're probably not gonna have him this week. Big news though, in the money market, Welsh Jordan Alvarez and the Houston Astros agreed to a six year, one hundred and fifteen million dollar contract. This broke about like twenty minutes after the show on Friday. Yeah, and this is brilliant move by the Astros, a team that doesn't have a lot of draft picks there in that window.
Speaker 1: Because of the scandal. But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: You need Jordan Alvarez to be the guy. You need Kyle Tucker, you need Bregman. If you're going to miss out on that next group. You need to not only have this group hit literally and figuratively, but also you need to lock them in for long term.
Speaker 1: And that's what the Astros are doing.
Speaker 3: So love him or hate them, the Astros are doing good business right now, just.
Speaker 5: Able to do it with they fail to do it with Korea. I know they wanted to, They arguably needed to. Well, I mean, Jeremy Polt.
Speaker 4: Makes it that they did.
Speaker 3: They tried to do it with Korea, but I think they were smart and saying, you know what, look at what Korea hadn't given us in terms of playing time over the years, and look at the bright future of Alvarez is a middle of the order player.
Speaker 1: I think they made the right call there.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: I think hindsight though, I think you have a budding star in Jeremy Pane, Like Jeremy Payane, a fascinating conversation next year is going to be his fantasy value. And maybe have even mentioned this before, when you start comparing against like a Corey Seeger, like those are legitimate conversations, like he's in that range, he's the top twelve starting short stuff. But I think it's perspective had him he had he not worked out, and this team was just churning out left and right, just loser shortstops. I think everyone would go back and be like, how could this team not have opened up their pocketbook to bring in because you have stars like Jordan Alvarez. But Jordan Alvarez will be the lynchpin to that for fantasy owners and dynasty owners and redraft owners and actual Astro fans if they exist.
Speaker 4: I know one. I know one Astro fan, by the way, just one.
Speaker 1: Think of I had any Astro fans. It's funny.
Speaker 3: Jake Seely I remember was threatening to become if if the Mets didn't sell the team. He was threatened to become an Astros fan. He kind of adopted them, and then of course.
Speaker 5: What a great choice, what a great what a great choice. He's just like, I'm gonna not be the Nets. I'm gonna go to this awesome stand up team.
Speaker 3: Well that was before you know, there was one of They were the lovable underdogs, you know, little Josel Tuvey and stuff. But again, everybody steals signs. Enough of that, all right, can we talk about this. Bobin Nightingale had a tweet yesterday. Uh the Angels lost their eleventh consecutive game, and Mike Trout's hitless streak extends to a career wars twenty six abs. It's not very often, Welsh, that you get a window to buy Mike Trout. This is clearly it, and I would I would practice everybody else patience if you have Mike Trout. But this is clearly the window. You don't get this very often. I mean, this is an epically bad stretch for Trout. So I guess here's the question, what does it take to get Trout? You could look at the you know, the trade chart. We have fantasypros dot Com in the MLB section and you can.
Speaker 1: Kind of line that up. But in the baseball.
Speaker 3: Sense for you, what what do you have to really if you've gotta come correct with a trade offer, right, And I'm using the phrase come correct because I just watched New Jack City over the weekend. But if you gotta do that right, it's like you gotta like you got to really start with some high profile piece as the centerpiece.
Speaker 4: Well, now you're talking dynasty or redraft.
Speaker 1: Let's do both. Let's do both. Why why should we limit ourselves? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I think Here's the problem though, is like Trout up to this streak was finn. I mean you have built in your mind April he was incredible. So it's not like it's been a season long, you know, destroy It's not like it's been Marcus Simeon, you know what I'm saying. Like he has been really good this year. So I don't think you could do it for cheap, all right, So starting in Redraft, I just don't know if I feel like it's a picture, but I don't feel like it's an underperforming picture you can sell like.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's got to be somebody.
Speaker 5: That is played at a really high level. I think someone might be, which I.
Speaker 1: Mean Zach Wheeler.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, Okay, I was gonna say, you want to say Zach Wheeler. Plus does Zach Wheeler and Springer do it?
Speaker 1: Is that even enough?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think that. See.
Speaker 5: I mean you're still talking about it. You're talking about a top ten fantasy option. I think you've got to go something like a Gossman or al al Kintara or even Alec Manoa, and then you get a smaller hitting piece.
Speaker 4: I don't think I mean, you know, hey, I could be wrong.
Speaker 5: Mark if Mark brought up Walker Bueller, he's just I just don't think he's been good enough that you could do that in there. But it could be someone buying low and I'm a Walker Buehler, and then maybe buying low on a hitter. It looks like something like that in Dynasty.
Speaker 4: It's all over the board.
Speaker 5: This is a great opportunity that I think a not an out of it team could probably be open to getting, you know, two high level prospects and some picks or something like that.
Speaker 4: I think that what the exquisition is.
Speaker 5: My problem is is I think Trout was like even on his value coming into this year, Everyone's like, well, let's get a little bit older.
Speaker 4: He's not a Kunya.
Speaker 5: Then he popped off and he was at the tippy top. So now what I think has happened is this bad streak has just brought him down to people listening.
Speaker 4: I don't think the value has really really dropped. You know, that's an interesting one. At Jordan Alvarez.
Speaker 3: I mean format, yeah, I would, I just want the younger player. That's where I'm at with a lot of redraft, though in Redraft or Dynasty, I still want Alvarez. So That's that's where I'm at, because you know, I have a very high threshold for Alvarez. I think he's just I think he's like that next big poppy kind of.
Speaker 1: Guy, like I'm not. I'm just not dealing with him. So I don't think there's a I don't think he's an RPV difference there. Here's another one.
Speaker 3: This is when Michael Baron the Mets have a six sixty one winning percentage is the best of the National League, and this date the Mets and the Yankees are the two best teams in baseball.
Speaker 1: How much does the rest of baseball hate New York right now?
Speaker 5: Welsh on baseball parody is cool. Huh, it's all in New York. Were just sitting out here West Coast and sitting here with my Diamondbacks and my loser Angels and all these bad teams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 3: This one also from Preston Wilson, who, by the way, is a huge fan of Fantasy pros follows me on Twitter, and we've actually DMed and talked before, good old Preston Wilson player in his day. Yeah, but Preston Wilson decided and and I'm very happy about this. So Tampa Bay, some of the players refused to wear the Gay Pride logo on their uniforms this weekend, and Preston Wilson decided he was going to go, you know, say his piece about this, and I thought this was very well orchestrated by him. He said, there's a special ignorance in sports on this topic. Every person in Major League Baseball has at some point played with a homosexual teammate. They have all cheered for their success on the field, they have all felt their pain when they struggled. They just didn't know that player necessarily was LB LGBTQ. So here here, I mean to me, this is literally the least you can do. I don't care like if you if if that makes you uncomfortable, but literally the least you could do is just acknowledge it, like that's all your asking.
Speaker 1: They acknowledge that.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not a big teammates that you have gay for an office workers like that, it's something that that should not be in the shadows, and it's something that should not be hidden anymore. It's it's something that should be again, something that collectively, at the very least you can do, you don't have to support anything. This is just acknowledgement. And I thought Preston Wilson did a nice job there, very.
Speaker 5: Much what you It was interesting too because I read I read the article like right when it dropped, and the article an article made it seem like that the Rays gave a choice by.
Speaker 4: The way in this that they gave it choice and.
Speaker 5: Those specific players like Jeffrey Springs and them decided to take the patch off. Not that it was like they were blah blah blah, But then it turned into a messy situation because it's like, it's just a it's just an acknowledgment on the uniform to go to go that far to you know, whether it was ripped off or whether they had a choice and they took it off when other players were doing it.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a it's kind of an old boy move.
Speaker 3: It wild, yeah, and it's not a lifestyle choice. You don't wake up and go you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go do that like im Look, this is not a political show. I'm just saying like literally, you know, I am positive that I have worked here in other places and I came from the world of the theater where once again it is certainly more present or openly present. And I just think this is again it's it's not a matter of choice, it's a matter of Hey, you know, teams do a lot of different things, supporting a lot of different causes and a lot of different acknowledgments. This is an acknowledgement. So good on Preston Wilson doing that. And that's that's enough about that. Let's do some trivia here. We were talking a little before about the closer for the Orioles. So who was the last Oriole to be named American League Rookie of the Year. You've got an answer for that trivia question, go ahead, drop it in the chat here.
Speaker 4: Is is it recent?
Speaker 3: It is not recent, but it is in my lifetime, I believe in your lifetime as well, So.
Speaker 4: A reason a little bit, all right?
Speaker 1: It is a name that.
Speaker 3: If you collected baseball cards you certainly should know. I would, I would tell you this one. He definitely had some uh some cards that were memorable. I would say, at least for my youth, they were rated.
Speaker 1: He had to be in there.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty it was something like this. Maybe no that, okay, not the bat it wasn't.
Speaker 3: The bat and it wasn't Eddie Murray either. Good guest there. All right, let's see her go next. Uh for the uh this day in baseball history in nineteen ninety, Cecil Fielder belt three home runs in a game as Detroit beats the Indian six to four. Fielder becomes the fourth American League player to have two three homer games in the same season. Welsh in the same season.
Speaker 4: You know, so look at this.
Speaker 3: I think people forget when cecil Fielder went away from the left Toronto went away, came back to the Tigers. I think people forget ninety what a big deal it was at Cecil Fielder came in and hit was a fifty one home runs I think that year, memory serves, nobody was hitting fifty home runs back then. And then of course we had the steroid era and things kind of exploded. But let me tell you, man, that was madness.
Speaker 1: That was crazy.
Speaker 3: And now, like we think of it and we go, oh, it wasn't a big deal. At the time, he really captured everybody in terms of the consciousness of power. Again, because we had forty forty guys, Papa like people. They could sake out the forty forty year, so that was something, but fifty was not something that people were doing.
Speaker 1: And you really one of the.
Speaker 3: First, like big power hitting guys of the nineties, and I think kind of gets lost to the shuffle a little bit.
Speaker 5: Well, my favorite cecil fielder's stat is Cecil Fielder and Princefielder his son both ended their careers with three hundred and nineteen home runs a piece. That's my favorite cecil fielder thing.
Speaker 4: They both. That's wild. That's a wild thing.
Speaker 5: Both players finishing with three hundred and nineteen homers to end out a career.
Speaker 4: Cecil, Yeah, wild.
Speaker 3: All right, let's continue on with the stat heroes. Actually, before we do, I'll give you the answer to the trivia question, because I don't know if anyone's gonna get this. The answer was reliever Greg Olsen in nineteen eighty nine. Greg Olsen who had a little crappy mustache. He had like a mess. There is all JP got it, look at it, Jpage, Oh he did.
Speaker 4: If you remember the end from the Panthers eighty nine, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That Greg Olsen.
Speaker 3: But it was Greg Olsen who was the answer to the trivia question there, so good on them all. Right, Let's go to the next bit here, which is, of course the stat heroes of the weekend. Jose Burrios, nice turnaround. And I saw somebody I don't remember who it was, and hey, everybody, I'm benching Jose Burrios today. Make sure you get him in all your lineups. And I just I applauded that person. I liked it to it was amazing.
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 5: Oh you know what I actually saw, diffriend Rob Silver, who does a couple of different shows, whatnot. He had said he went on radio. He went on radio that day and he told people that they can all but cut him in every format. And then he goes out and strikes out thirteen and Rob's like, the moral of the story is, don't listen to me. And that's how I feel about the next guy. By the way, but you get that feeling all the time where you're just like, all right, I fully I'm out, I'm making the commitment, and then they go off and they go bonkers.
Speaker 4: And that's what he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was thirteen strikeouts later for Rose Berries. Uh.
Speaker 3: Shane Bieber eleven strikeouts of his own Friday night.
Speaker 1: That was our dude.
Speaker 3: If you recall we said, look, go Shane Bieber is a good matchup Mackenzie Gore co It didn't needs to be awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, just six innings. That's got to stick in your crawl. Ten strikeouts. How you feel about that Mackenzie Gore situation.
Speaker 5: It's the weirdest one for me personally, because no one was a bigger McKenzie Gore fan than me. If I can Joe Pi's a pia for a minute, no one was bigger than me.
Speaker 4: In the rookie year, I literally was. I would chat with his mom, I did video for them for his first starts.
Speaker 5: I was all in as number one, and I went all out because I've never seen a pitch or go from bad to how or from good to how bad he turned last year in rookie ball. Team didn't know what the hell they were doing. I'm like, he's a reliever. There's no chance. Guy was seventeen year old. Players in rookie ball last year anytime he would hit over ninety five were crushing balls on him and rookie ball and he's completely retransformed. He looks incredible right now. Strikeouts people. They can't get hits. The pitches don't even like look that great. He's deceiving, he's consistent. He looks like a completely different person. So I have to eat crow in my I thought he was going to be a reliever take, but I've always loved the guy, so I love seeing him succeed.
Speaker 4: And number one started hitter for a long time.
Speaker 3: Dude, We've been doing shows together for almost a decade, and I remember at times in the prospect process about gore your your thoughts on him. But I understand why you started to get a little concerned, and I think it was warranted. But look, sometimes this happens, and this is great that he's doing this, and it's great for the padres because it gives him so much. Right now, that rotation, I mean, that rotation is unbelievable. Several reno ten k's for him and seven innings. Aaron Ashby threw a pitch that I've I've.
Speaker 4: You're talking about that Frisbee two stamer that went.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am.
Speaker 3: I that was like one of those things you see in uh like Nintendo games, where like if you hit the right thing the right way, you can pitch kind of dance around.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I know what that was Baseball Stars.
Speaker 4: That was like, I don't know if you get them.
Speaker 5: That was like on being on Instagram having that targeted ad about this is an awesome new whiffle ball game with these they have that block of those kids, those pitches and the balls, Like that's what happened in real life in a baseball game.
Speaker 1: That was wild, dude, It was so crazy.
Speaker 3: We had Garret Cole with a nine K performance, no earned, Josiah Gray nine k's. Thank goodness, something good is happening down there in Washington. Joe Musgrove continues to add to his young resume eight strong inning, six k's. Efflin was good, eight strong scoreless innings for him, Max Free, eight scoreless inning, Zach Davies seven to two third, six k scoreless, and Nick pavett as a one night, one nine eight e ra over his last eight start seven k's, seven innings, zero earned in his start earlier this week.
Speaker 1: So pavets on a nice little run.
Speaker 3: He might be an interesting like you pull him away on into a contending team.
Speaker 1: I just wonder three.
Speaker 3: Run home run club this weekend we had or three home run club, I should say not three run Pete Alonzo, Juan Soto, Bryce Harper unfortunately Bryce Harper for Mayor, Lane Thomas also which helped nobody and Juhano Suarez grace hitter of all.
Speaker 5: Time home run I had Glad, Glad for the two home run club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but how about this? And I had Aaron Judge over the weekend.
Speaker 1: So but here, look at this.
Speaker 3: Five fifty six batting average over the weekend for u Haaneo Swar is an nineteen forty nine ops.
Speaker 5: He really is more valuable than Jose Rami. Thank you, thank you, Mike Mayor, thank you guys for bringing us to our attention. Jo Henio Suarez more valuable. I want to see what I want Mike to pull up those stats right now and see how big of a discrepancy there is between Johnio Suarez and Jose Ramirez.
Speaker 4: Now, it's gotta be a whole player. That's huge. It's a huge weekend. That's twelve hundred points for him.
Speaker 1: It's madness, dude. Jay Cronenworth's sighting two home runs for him.
Speaker 3: It'd be great if he started hitting Kyle the Padres's somebody else started sal Perez two home runs, brenand Donovan, your Malvarez, Nelson Cruz seven for thirteen with a homer. Is it time to start kicking the tires on Nelson Cruz? Is he trying to get his hit his way back to Tampa?
Speaker 5: I think so, yeah, yeah, I know exactly that team, the team has got to he's got to make that late run.
Speaker 4: He's the most prime.
Speaker 5: Player to move off to a team that needs some bats to be awake. So yeah, I mean, I'm always I'm always kind of like pseudo into Nelson Cruz.
Speaker 1: So yes, all right.
Speaker 3: Let's move on to the next one here. Stat zero's Marcus Stroman, Well it was good. Well last did four innings, nine earned runs for him. Elis Or Hernandez eight earned runs. Max Meyer can't get healthy fast enough. Paul Blackburn, all yes, off finally is June sixth, and my Mike Mayer, who's so happy that he guys like, look at this, look at I got to put in these stat zeros. Look at your boy, your precious Paul Blackburn. Whatever, one bad start, but he's been very good. Logan Web four earned runs, not the best start for him over four and two thirds. Kakuchi wasn't great either. Ryan Yarborough was terrible. Six earned a bad star for Corbyn Burns three yeah, and two spinning five earned runs from him. The Brewers are slumping. The Cardinals are getting close right now. Also Sandiel Contra and Neser Cortez. Remember we talked about eight to one and all that stuff, like those guys were moving now Contra now is right in the two spot for the Cy.
Speaker 1: Young in the natal, no doubt about it. Four and a half in some spot.
Speaker 3: So hope you got into eight to one on Friday, Like with Tojia Walker Buehler five earned runs? What is going on with Walker Puler? That was the guy I thought was gonna contend for a Cy Young.
Speaker 1: It's been terrible.
Speaker 5: I did too well. I mean, Dodger team two has been pretty chroch. They got swept by the Pirates, Diamondbacks took games. Yeah, I like that pun Walker Buehler is the he is like the poster child for how the Dodgers have really been playing right now. Some good, some matrocious, and I think overall value. Like I said, you know, it was Frank Stanfel from CBSA came on and we were talking about Severino versus Bueller, and I was like, well, you know, Frank, even ad minute over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's definitely Bueller.
Speaker 5: And then he after the Severino start, he goes, you know, this question was asked, this actually might be Severino, with how good he is. And it's not even so much about Severino's success as it is Walker Bueller's coming down earth. But Julio Ria, same thing, same exact thing. I think his value has been plummeting with the strikeouts and the success.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going on as far as pictures go, but it seems to be stemic around all of them.
Speaker 1: Mister Buster loving life right now.
Speaker 3: He says he's loving holding onto Shane McClanahan and Sandy al Contra in his home league right now.
Speaker 1: Wow wow, yeah you should be too. But good job, all right.
Speaker 3: Some of the hitters that were bad, Nolan Gorman two for fifteen, did it a home run, but he struck out eight times. But this is Gorman. It's also deal with that injury. So let's not go crazy. Brandon marsh has been terrible. You can drop him. Trevor Larnick. I still think Trevor Larnick long term is is a good piece. I would not go dropping him out.
Speaker 5: Alex is absolutely balling thing, so just just watch out for that and pick him up.
Speaker 3: Jazz chisholm oh for ten five strikeouts over the weekend, and ty Franz finally hit a cold spell one for twelve. I got two on runs from Judge, so I think I'm up to fourteen now, so I'm getting close to that leader board. Welsh got two from Flattying. Of course, unfortunately Mike Mayer got three over the weekend. So let's take a look at the board after the weekend of the home run totals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there they go.
Speaker 4: Ro Look at this.
Speaker 3: Look at high Cubby twenty sixteen, tied for the lead with the bloom. Look at that tied to twenty Niking in the north, all the way down to eighteen's gone.
Speaker 1: Stone cold, stone cold.
Speaker 3: Look at that eighteen down there a del gadil my buddy Adele from our discord chat up there as well. So Larry c up there with eighteen, the chasers up there with nineteen. But look, this is the most depressing thing. Mike Mayer at seventeen.
Speaker 4: I mean, we got to give him credit. We got to give him my credit.
Speaker 5: He may hate children being happy. You know he may want balls to be stealing stolen from you know, six year old. He wanted that kid in the Philly to just keep crying, and unfortunately Bryson Stott took it away. But you know what, his home grund calls have been good. You're if you're at fourteen, I think.
Speaker 4: I'm at I don't know.
Speaker 5: Mar could have to tell me eleven or twelve or something like that. We're just we're within grasp.
Speaker 4: We're just a little too far away, and Mike is not. He's made some good calls.
Speaker 1: All right, Don't don't say any more nice things about him. Let's instead move on to betting Bros. And bet MGM, the King of sports books.
Speaker 3: All you gotta do right now is bet ten dollars to win two hundred when you sign up today using the promo code leading off.
Speaker 1: It's one word leading off.
Speaker 3: Download the bet MGM app, or you can go to betmgm dot com. Bet responsibly and bet with the promo code leading off again ten bucks win to two hundred. That's free money. We like free money here. Let's go to Christian Javier tonight. Actually, this one's on DK five and a half. Is the k prop against Seattle. I think he's gonna smoke this fantasy pros asm at seven and a half almost in the case it's plus one thirty. This is my favorite bet of the night. Robbie Ray on FanDuel five and a half k's seven is the projection for him, that's minus one twelve. Jordan Alvarez total basis plus one twenty over on DK the juice is plus one twenty there. Like I said, one and a half is the number. And John Gray at Uni Bet. It's worth signing up at Uni bet just to get this four and a half on the K prop. On John Gray, I think he goes over. He had twelve in the last one. Cleveland's definitely got.
Speaker 1: Some holes in that lineup. And Welsh, how about you? What are you looking at tonight?
Speaker 5: In terms of you, Uni bet sounds like something that would be on channel like you know, twenty two, you know and whatever dial It would be like, I'm gonna go watch some of unif come to you and a bet I want to bet a day that's what you do exactly, and they just repeat it like over and over.
Speaker 4: It's like infomercial.
Speaker 5: I don't love a lot of today currently at the beginning of the week. I'm the ones you had. I'm interested in Javier, I'm interested in Gray. I just don't like Gray because he's up on Cleveland. You know, Cleveland just doesn't want to strike out. But it's a low number and he's been really successful. The only one that I felt relatively confident about is Hunter Green strikeouts, and it's a big number. It's at six and a half, which you don't necessarily love to see any type of big number like that, but it's against Arizona Diamondbacks, and the Arizona Diamondbacks second worst strikeouts in all of baseball. Plus Hunter Green just drack out eight. That slider has been really phenomenal. So I kind of like that one. And on the total base front, you know, man, I think I really would do the Mike Trout total base one right now, almost simply out of stubbornness. You know, he needs one double, one homer, one breakout Boston. It's up against Boston. I think that would be that would be a bet. But there's a lot of the I'll just say, a lot of the personal props I don't love. I don't the other one I was looking for. I don't see hits anywhere. If I could find singular hit, just one hit and it was point five for Mike Trout, I would take it in a heartbeat.
Speaker 4: Today, but it'll be all juiced up.
Speaker 5: I don't see a lot of what I love currently, at least in early morning, but Hunter Green would be my personal bet, all.
Speaker 3: Right, real quick DFS kind of simple tonight look on DraftKings and then it's late.
Speaker 1: You got John Gray at six and a half, six point six.
Speaker 3: Look just like last time I told you a good secondary arm. Just keep out of the table. Hope you get some strikeouts as a secondary arm. Then you got to pick a side here, Christian Hovier at nine one, Robby Ray at nine to five, or you go do the pick a side between Blake Snell and Carls Carrasco. I personally would take the to Carrasco side or the Hovier side, and then pair it with John Gray. If you want to be OPO in tournaments, OPO would mean going with Robbie Ray and Blake Snell. But Christian Hobvier at home, I think there's a better pathway there for the win over on FanDuel. John Gray's eight point one Hunter Green is seven to three, and again you just got to pick a side. I'll go with the home team and Christian Javier at nine K and I think that's the way I would go. That Houston lineup. The game stacks tonight, looking at the Mets, the Red Sox, the Reds in Toronto. Some lineup builders for you.
Speaker 1: JD.
Speaker 3: Davis at two point seven on DK Markana two point nine.
Speaker 1: Cheap guys in the Mets lineup.
Speaker 3: If we have bad Blake Snell tonight, which is possible, get some of those righty bats in there. Guriel at two point nine, Cole calhouna two point nine on Fandel davis Is two point three, Connas two point seven at Jordo Escobar two point seven. Again that Mets offense, it's been very good. At Jeremy Pania two point eight and then home run.
Speaker 1: Calls for the night.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take Welsh's guy for the weekend, Laddie Junior Welsh, are we going with tonight for the home run call?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go to that Boston Angels game. I'm gonna go with J. D. Martinez with some hits. Big fly, give me big.
Speaker 3: Fly now, Wonkey Penguin has made a little home run call call of her own. Basically, catchers count as to today. I don't know if it's a National Catcher Day or what's going on.
Speaker 4: Is that well that might change my thought or is that real?
Speaker 3: But if you want to, catchers count double today because we're acknowledging the men behind the dish. So Mike Mayor of course is trying to take advantage of that and taking all hondro kerk.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna switch. I'm gonna switch out there.
Speaker 1: You're gonna switch it up.
Speaker 4: If it's double, I'm going with Salvi Perez.
Speaker 3: Salvi Perez for Welsh. I'm gonna just keep it simple with lad. I'm gonna not be tempted with the double dip.
Speaker 1: But I like this. I think we're gonna start doing something. I need it.
Speaker 4: I've got twelve. I'm behind you. I'm waiting.
Speaker 5: I need not get on the board. And oh wait, here's a question. If Salvi hits two, does that mean.
Speaker 4: I get four?
Speaker 1: It does? Yes, that's how math.
Speaker 4: Let's go, all right, I'm just making sure the math geez. Sorry there, all right.
Speaker 3: I want to remind everybody if you want to join us live or just hang out and watch us over here on the YouTube channel. When you can at your leisure, you can a Fantasy Pros MLB. Subscribe to our channel. We're trying to hit eight k. We are on that pathway to greatness, and we want you to be on that path with us. Don't forget. If you're gonna make wagers today, do it at bet MGM, the King of sports books. Use promo code leading off and hang out with us over Fantasypros dot Com. Join our discord and we're gonna be away free stuff if you win the month of June in the home run contest, if you have the most home run call. So even if you think you're behind, you just want to play for a month, join our discord. All you gotta do is be a premium subscriber Fantasypros dot Com.
Speaker 1: Join our discord for free.
Speaker 3: But to make home run calls, you gotta be with the cool kids and be a big time Fantasy Pros person. So that'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh.
Speaker 1: I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time, kids. Peace,