Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 3: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: So let's talk about the clothing business. A clothing business, So three hundred million dollars in sales. Yeah, that's that's what that I guess.
Speaker 5: So yes, the King of oneself? Yes, so who's twelve years old though, yeah, starting away.
Speaker 4: So how did that work? As far as getting in the clothing business, I'm assuming it's a lot different than the music business, Like what is it the same? It's like distribution deals, Like, how's that work?
Speaker 6: It's kind of the same, kind of the same in the sentiment, of course, it's different the way that the money, you know, what's down on the end. A lot more cools and things of that nature, because it's hard goods, right, you know, but same thing right for us. We knew once we caught momentum, we knew the certain areas to go to, you know, we knew the fashion was one of them. You think, like during this era, everybody's wearing white teas if you was in the South, cash money.
Speaker 5: Everybody wearing white teas right in the South. You know, to me, it was a no brainer. And here we go.
Speaker 6: We got a good looking dude all of that to put some clothes on them, dress people up, you know.
Speaker 5: So we started the brand at the time when people thought that artist brands was dead.
Speaker 6: Actually that was the funny part about it, Like people was like, yeah, that shit don't work no more.
Speaker 5: It's played out like no more.
Speaker 6: Artists brands, rock Aware and just John and you know what I'm saying, just kind of died out for real, you know. And we went and we met with like a lot of people, like people that was in the business, Russell Simmons and David John and Seth who was Mark Echo's partner and Echo and Complex and all this stuff. So we met with just a lot of people in the business and and just told them like, yo, this is what we're trying to do, like what's.
Speaker 5: Up, Like you know, and it's kind.
Speaker 6: Of like music, like some people put offers on the table and then you start. But as you go for meeting the meeting, you're kind of learning as you in these meetings, right like damn he said this, but he said that.
Speaker 5: But you know what I'm saying, Like, so you learn it, so you learn the game too.
Speaker 6: And and we pretty much went a route to get more direct to like a a distribution company manufacturer as opposed to signing like through another record label so to say, you know what I'm saying, So like we went more direct and did a deal with a company called the RP fifty five group and andster COO in O eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So and that's that's still in existence today.
Speaker 5: It's still in existence today.
Speaker 6: We started a cool in eight and then in O nine I started another brand called stravedge Row.
Speaker 5: I don't want to get into that.
Speaker 7: I want to get too that because even strives Row is important because first of all, the name and why you chose it. Obviously the New York roots there. But I don't think people don't even understand what, why did you get into that? Why you chose Travis Rod's name Row.
Speaker 6: You know, it's a block in Harlem, you know that is notoriously historical for the roots, specifically doing a Harlem Renaissance. You know, you had a lot of like the leaders of the Renaissance that lived on this block, you know, politicians, writers, Langston Hughes, like all the type of people who lived on.
Speaker 5: This block, you know.
Speaker 6: And and prior to them being able to live here, they didn't want to white people. The owners of these buildings didn't want to sell the buildings to black people, so they kind of sat vacant for a while, you know, and.
Speaker 5: And eventually they sold.
Speaker 6: And at that point it was like, well to do black people in a sense, right, that was it would afford to buy and this block was just popping.
Speaker 5: It was like very influential.
Speaker 6: So when you hit the stories, you know about Striver's Row. If you read the stories and the history, it's kind of like a different version of Black Wall Street, you know what I'm saying, from a creative standpoint more so than a financial standpoint.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: So when I heard the story, when I heard the name, I thought it was dope. Always did shout out to Dennis Murphy, my man d He definitely we kind of talked about the name and I was like, yeah, I'm about the name of the company that you know, and that's how I named it.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you a question about licensing, because they're cool. You have you have a license something for Muhammad.
Speaker 5: Ali and Marvel?
Speaker 4: How what was what was it deal with that? How did that work out?
Speaker 5: That wasn't good? Muhammad Ali went really well?
Speaker 6: But wasn't it like his likeness, I mean really like yeah, his likeness everything, so literally, you know, we did a whole capsule.
Speaker 4: Name.
Speaker 6: You know, we took DNA butterflies, you know what I'm saying, like and brought it butterflies on sweatsuits, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean? Like earners what's up.
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be. But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan.
Speaker 2: These are just.
Speaker 1: Some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand daily aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 2: Imprisoned and deported, you will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: Of co use, we had T shirts with Boomer's face on them as well, so we did a combination.
Speaker 5: Same thing with Marvel.
Speaker 6: We've done something like that as well with the U and Brand No not really you and Brand.
Speaker 5: That was a collab that wasn't a license. So our two licenses have been those two so far.
Speaker 6: We're actually working on something right now that that could be really dope.
Speaker 4: So how does that work for like, because we spoke about licensing before, but not from that standpoint of like you actually are the one that's paying a license, Like for entrepreneurs that may be listening, they might not be aware of how that works, Like can you explain, Like, is it like a set amount that you have to pay them every time?
Speaker 5: Like royalty?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, So if I'm the brand, and you have a brand.
Speaker 5: That I want a license. You know, now, typically how about this, I flipped it.
Speaker 6: If you guys want to license my brand and now I have a brand, now, typically for me to give you a license, the standard is like an eight to twelve percent royalty.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: Now on top of that, I may have an advance that I want against my parentings though, right so now I may say, hey, like I need fifty thousand, and then on top of that, I need eight to twelve percent whatever that number is, Like we gonna gree on twelve whatever, you know, not to say that. Somebody else might not say not to say that someone else may not do a deal for twenty percent, but eight to twelve percent standard, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: You know. So that's how that pretty much works.
Speaker 6: So Mom and Ali go to the state owns the rights, cut a deal with them, get them their royalty, get them their advance, get the work, and I try to make it make sense.
Speaker 7: Is it on total merchandise sol or is it east piece of merchandise sold the royalty?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yes, it's literally per whatever you're doing, anything that has the likeness on.
Speaker 5: It, yeah counts. Okay.
Speaker 7: So it's like like record like album, it's very similar. Every album sold they get.
Speaker 6: If you're using this property, you know what I'm saying that it's the same thing, right if you're using my trademark boom.
Speaker 4: So what was the difference because Muhamed Ali obviously that's a family versus Marvel, which is a billion dollar entity. Sure, I guess it was a lot harder with the Marvel more like paperwork and lawyers and stuff like that, you know what, not.
Speaker 6: Really for real. That's the funny part is you you would think it is. But like with Marvel, they give out so.
Speaker 5: Many licenses something. They do it so much, they do it so much, they like exploiting it so much. Real that that's something that we learned. Honestly.
Speaker 6: It is like it was good to do it, but it wasn't as profitable because while you got your product.
Speaker 5: In stores, other people got it. They got it in Walmart and Target.
Speaker 4: What Marble character you did?
Speaker 5: You do? Man? We did?
Speaker 6: I couldn't speak on them look at the phone, you know what I'm saying, But like like.
Speaker 5: We did, we did a lot of them.
Speaker 7: Man, They probably just sitting on the other side, like, oh, that's a character pressed the button.
Speaker 4: You know what, I wonder if ghost Face had to ever pay Marvel. They should pay him, They should pay should pay him? I wonder if he ever had to pay Interesting your album called iron Man. Tony Starks was his moniker for years.
Speaker 5: But that's interesting though, who should pay who? They should pay that?
Speaker 7: At that time, and I was into comics, like I had the Marvel cards the series like ninety one ninety two when used to the Hologram cards.
Speaker 5: I collected them. And then they started getting cartoons.
Speaker 7: But like when ghost Face started saying that, and it was like your cartoon characters even like everyone and had an ulteri ego character, I was like, yo, they made it popular. They didn't have a Marvel movie then, like the first Marvel didn't even put out movies until later, Like the first thing Sony did was partner with them and put out Spider Man, and then like okay, now cartoon movies can be a thing, but probably.
Speaker 5: To that nobody was thinking about it.
Speaker 7: I mean DC had it with with with Batman and Superman, but Marble its real quite a little that time.
Speaker 5: I was never a collected so I can't speak too much, but that's.
Speaker 4: Interesting that's interesting because it's like I can see it from both sides.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: I mean you kind of you took. You took that thing, but you.
Speaker 5: Made your whole thing on my thing. So you think about it.
Speaker 6: If you was the person who made the originator and the person that took your joint ran would and made a life of his own, come say yo, you should pay me, pay me.
Speaker 5: Though it was dead in the water, but before that was you.
Speaker 4: That's a fact that buddy did help the brand free promotion.
Speaker 7: We see how many times have we seen that in hip hop culture?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we definitely know that.
Speaker 4: That's interesting.
Speaker 6: My graduates from my school being forced bad drop bag drop, my drop, bad drop drop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security under President Trump. Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right, leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protect
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,