Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the best of Cabino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every day.
Speaker 1: From five to seven pm to Eastern through to four pacifics on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Cavino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream uslive every day on the iHeartRadio app I Surching the FSR Covino and Rich. Let's go all right, hey, lots to get to today. It was an incredible moment at the Philadelphia Phillies game where a fan got to hop on the mic.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about that brainwave.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play that give away some prizes weekend hobnobbin. But let's dive in NFL is here. Last night, your Hall of Fame game, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I bet Rich watched a whole bunch of it, the same amount you probably watched of Quarterback on Netflix.
Speaker 1: On I told you a Hall of Fame game I did watch, but Quarterback I.
Speaker 2: Told you this weekend I was gonna watch.
Speaker 1: Well, you keep pushing it, or did I say last night? I'm sorry, aren't you going to await this weekend? You're not gonna have time to watch? Oh? Yeah, okay, maybe like Monday, Danny, Yeah, I will watch Quarterback. I promise you before the NFL season, I will watch every episode of Quarterback.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think because it isn't focus.
Speaker 1: If I could take away anything to help me make my bets this year, I'm looking for little hints.
Speaker 2: I think reading these guys.
Speaker 1: Even if you're a Panthers or Cardinals fan, you're not necessarily glued to the game. I think it's just meant to bring the vibe back into action. Have it on, watch it, clean it, watch it over dinner, maybe right, but it's not in the background. And then it turned out being away more competitive or closer fun. I should just say fun because there's not a whole lot of steak, but a fun game.
Speaker 3: And watched high scoring because when it was seventeen seventeen, I saw people posting why did I gamble on a preseason game? And I'm already in the L column because it hit the over right away?
Speaker 1: Do they both it was zero zero first half, first quarter, second quarter, they both scored seventeen ended up being thirty three thirty Panthers, So it ended up being really competitive. Now we get it, you don't have your starters in there, but it ended up being a competitive game. And it's like when you and your buddy are, you know, shooting around and yeah, you know, let's not try to get hurt or anything, and then you start getting real competitive.
Speaker 2: The game got competitive.
Speaker 1: So therefore a fight game to watch, and I think high stakes for I'd say the quarterbacks. Well, I think high stakes for everyone because these are the guys fighting to make the team. We always forget that. You know, you'll look at it and say, hey, congrats Panthers. I guess it's better to win than lose, even though it doesn't matter, you still want to win, right, But yeah, but cars fighting.
Speaker 2: Haines King, they put on a show man.
Speaker 1: These guys are all fighting for their lives. Yeah, because you know why, I guy like Bryce Young or you know, Marvin Harrison Junior, the stars on either team. You guess what they have, could we know? Security and money and jobs. Everyone that played yesterday, Yeah, they want to get noticed. Is fighting for a position and and a spot on that fifty three man ross and we reaped the benefits of that. Therefore, a competitive game and fun to watch regardless. So again it was like a casual I'm just sort of not paying attention, but it's on It's cool that football's back sort of vibe to, like, oh man, we got a game here and some really good plays were made. And I know you got your thoughts on Carson back I have. I have a whole theory on Carson back end, but I have more thoughts on Hayes King. Yeah, he's King twenty one for thirty four two hundred and nineteen yards three tuddies in the walk off Tuddy. That was huge, and you know, I think he left his mark. Like we talked all week about seizing the moment. You know, Anthony Volpi had his chance and he blew it.
Speaker 2: Incomes of Lumbard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta really take advantage of those opportunities. And yeah, it's preseason and all, but that was his opportunity and he did not hold back and that walk off touchdown was so awesome that the entire team was cheering around him. You mentioned Bryce Young. He realized what was at stake and he was pumped about it too, Like everyone was pumped for this dude because he was really trying to make his mark.
Speaker 3: By the way, King is from Longview, Texas. He of course played first at Texas a and M and Georgia Tech. Right, Yeah, he was a Georgia Tech Yellowjack.
Speaker 2: He put on a sweet show.
Speaker 1: So I think my big takeaway let's start this Friday action pack C and R with as you said the.
Speaker 2: Other day, seizing the moment.
Speaker 1: But I think these quarterbacks last night, Carson Beck and Haines King.
Speaker 2: While you could say.
Speaker 1: Well, dude, like they were all backups in it doesn't matter to me when you seize that moment. What you've done now is you put yourself in a position to make an NFL roster and you look at Carson Beck by the particular right. If you don't, right, at least you have the comfort and confidence in knowing that you know, I gave it my own I delivered with and with the depth of quarterback charts now and how people unfortunately see you're on someone's radar. And I think Carson Beck, let's focus on him first, because when you look at first round picks or just quarterbacks chosen all around in the draft this year, what rookie quarterback may have found himself in the best scenario tribe call Questyle here we go, yo, he we go seven? What's the scenario? Well, every quarterback finds themselves in a scenario, some are better than others. You might say, man looking for the guy that shows up all of a sudden playing in a nice climate, or playing on a really good team, or oh, he's gonna learn under a veteran quarterback. And then you could say the best quarterbacks picked might not be in the best position for success or playing. Meanwhile, some guy that got drafted later on is like he sees the window of chance, an opportunity. Now, Carson Beck, I'm gonna make the argument that he is in the best position of any rookie quarterback in the NFL. Let's start other places, then I'll build the Beck Okay, your dude, Mendoza, Danny, you say he's the first.
Speaker 2: Guy that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: Rightdo we all love Kirk Cousins. That's a project. It's not happening right away. I know you and Sexy Ryan are both Raiders fans. That's the only thing you have in common.
Speaker 4: What's up, Ryan, Yo, I'm also a Dodgers fan, So you are a little bit of a winner always, Okay, And they both left to tournament iosam, so they got that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they both drive him crazy.
Speaker 1: But like you guys, are sports buddies. Dodgers and Raiders.
Speaker 2: Hug it out, and they both give Sam weggis Mendoza will be the guy. But there's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: Everyone's waiting to see what this guy's uh, you know what, what's the kink in the armor? What's wrong with him? Because he seems perfect right like Mendoza. Everything said the right way, everything done the right way.
Speaker 3: Well, and he's been learning how to take snaps from under center because in college he was shotgunned. Yes, and then also Rich. One more thing about Mendoza is that the Raiders O line is a work in progress. They had a crap coaching staff last season. Carol Junior, who was a clown, was was not coaching that O line. If you know what I'm saying, I remember.
Speaker 2: I remember you talking about that Nippets is.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah. But Rick Dennison is that dude is a baller O line coach and that's who the Raiders have in place right now with Kubiak, so hopefully that O line is one hundred times better.
Speaker 1: Dude, he signs the biggest rookie quarterback deal ever. Good for him, he deserves it, But that's a work in progress. We may see him mid season. You may see him on game five, six seven. Who knows Mendoza put that aside. We know he's the number one guy. Then you go to Ty Simpson. I'm not even sure half the Rams coaching in front office wanted this guy.
Speaker 2: Remember remember the Sean mcvagh interviews where they.
Speaker 3: Did want him rich it was just a thing of the dame. They would have rather got him later in the draft and filled immediate needs. Yeah, they would have rather got a star wide receiver and then got Ty Simpson in the next round or too.
Speaker 2: Sean mcvagh pretty much said, like, what the hef are we doing?
Speaker 1: I mean, I like the kid, so I mean, and you gotta wonder your reigning MVP, Matthew Stafford. He could get hurt. I hope he doesn't. No one wants to see Nione get hurt. But if he doesn't get hurt, this guy's not going near the field. And if Stafford plays one or two more years and then says I'm done, I'm not even quite certain unless you see something about out of this guy and in backup moments, you don't even know if Ty Simpson is their guy. He's not gonna play anytime soon. As long as Stafford's healthy, You're gonna see Stafford through the end of the final years.
Speaker 3: You'll see Simpson week eighteen when the Rams rest their starters.
Speaker 2: You never know, Man Brady wasn't expected to play either, probably, but.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying conventionally, right, Drew Aller, I was talking to Beefcake Brandon. I was like, what's the death chart in Pittsburgh look like? Because you got Aaron Rodgers who's putting all out their final season. And then he's saying, Will Howard could very well be number two, which means Drew Aller might be just hoping for being on the on the squad learning. You know, if they're carrying a third quarterback, that's definitely the plan. But it doesn't always goes that go that way. So you know, Rich's getting at something that is pretty obvious, the landing spot, Mads. And now to go to Haines King, who last night impressed a lot of people like, oh, who's this kid out of Georgia Tech? Unfamiliar for some The guy ball to the point where you're like, all right, this could be a formidable NFL backup, quarterback, backup, because you got it Young for now. Like Bryce Young. You're not going to move off of Bryce Young, but it's nice to know that if you're Haines King, like you said, you did everything in your power to show I belong and Bryce like pump like he was the most pumped for him, and that's great camaraderie and that's the type of chemistry you want for your team. Like again, it's preseason, but that's a good way to start it, better than losing. Carson were pumped Beck where it's at. He was looking nice, turn tables and a microphone. He was dropping dives and you were criticizing him earlier in this week.
Speaker 2: I just said he's goofy looking back, you should didn't say that, But it don't matter because he was playing like the man.
Speaker 1: He can't change that. But Carson Beck might be in the best position as a rookie quarterback because he's where it's at.
Speaker 2: I told you I got two turn tagballs and.
Speaker 1: A mic and tables and some Carson be Jacoby Brissett, when compared to the other starting quarterbacks in the NFL, is a bottom tier guy. No disrespect, but it's true. He's a bottom tier guy. If you were to rank all thirty two starters. No one would convince you that Brissett is anything. He's a bottom five right. Then on top of that, the Cardinals are predicted to be the ass of the NFL. No one's saying, oh, the Cardinals might compete, The Cardinals are likely. When Rich says ass, he doesn't mean like sweet I'm talking about see, he's talking like the flood Flapjack.
Speaker 3: Rich, They do have Lafleur blood now on the sidelines. Like you said, yeah, I'm glad they have a pep in their step.
Speaker 2: But gets it.
Speaker 1: Then he get this Mike Lafleur. His offense caters to a guy like Carson Beck. And when you see Carson Beck playing the way he did last night, dropping some dimes, hitting his guys, the Cardinals are ass Brissett's a bottom tier guy. There only paying Brissette. Remember they came to that agreement the end of July sort of went under the radar about fifteen MILLI year. Fifteen million year is not hey, we're paying our starting quarterback fifty and we're sticking with him. We're investing fifty mil. It's a fifteen million dollar filler, right, That's really what Prissette is he's a yo. You're good, you earned it. Yeah, But Brissett's is one guy to beat eventually, and he looked like he belonged. Again, I know it's not against premier NFL talent, but the moment wasn't too big for him.
Speaker 2: He was slinging, he looked like he looked sharp at moments.
Speaker 1: Looking at his numbers, now, you know, just based on what I saw, I thought it was more than that. He just made such nice place from when I saw and everything I watched, he was fifteen for nineteen one hundred eighty eight yards in one touchdown. But again, man, he really looked composed under the mighty had to look at it.
Speaker 2: Look at this past right here.
Speaker 1: Under Mike, Yeah, under under Michael floor Carson Beck could do well and listen, would you be shocked? And he was six or seven on by the way over ten yard passes downfield?
Speaker 2: He was shock. I think that's what it was like. He was stepping up when it mattered.
Speaker 1: Now, when we talk about who's in the best situation, right if the Cardinals are straight up cheeks after like four or five weeks, if they're one and four, zero and four, one and five. You're telling me they want to be like, let's give becka shot. You don't think he has the best chance to really make all that guy where you know people want to see him get in there if they're sucking. I wonder if I wonder if there's a prop bet Danny for what's the first rookie quarterback that will see the field.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there is. And there's also one guy. I'm going to make our East Coast listeners happy right now in the state of New York. The Jets one hundred and ten overall. CADE club Nick Oka has a good shot because he's behind Geno Smith, and we all know Gino Smith is up and down like a roller coaster.
Speaker 1: Wait, so make this clear, though, Cade make get the first shot. But you're saying that Carson Beck is in the best positions if the Jets. If the NFL is anything like soccer, the Jets would have been relegated years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, when you said Jets, I'm like, oh, yeah, they're still allout to play.
Speaker 3: Huh. I mean, I wouldn't put it past the Cardinals Covino. If if Beck continues to look this good throughout the rest of preseason, for him to win the job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes it cool one again just preseason, but he did look rich, nailed it noticeably composed, noticeably composed.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons why is he's he played in big time college football programs in games. And the guy's almost twenty four years old, so he is an older player out there. He's not a twenty one year old rookie.
Speaker 1: And as far as receivers go, Marvin Harrison Junior, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, who we hung out at the Super.
Speaker 3: Bowl, like Jeremiah Love, is more of a receiver almost than just to hand the ball to him.
Speaker 2: Jeremiah Loving that offense.
Speaker 1: So you're looking at a some when that Tier one starting crew gets in there, they're much improved.
Speaker 2: They are much improved. I still think there's a lot of holes, but I.
Speaker 1: Think there's gonna be some possible fun moments for Carson Beck. And my money is on Carson Beck to be the first guy that gets a legit shot of these rookie quarterbacks, which proves Danny. Draft night is really important for what the teams are looking for. But sometimes you could be drafted lower, but it presents a better opportunity for you, and I think Carson Beck finding his way on the Arizona Cardinals roster will be the best thing for him. I think he deserves all the props today. I'm glad you're giving it to him. We watched it. It was a great performance. I mean, Ty Simpsons really kings the story. If you're on typ yeah, I think king's the story that dude own the night. If you're Ty Simpson and you're on the Rams, hey you may, you may win a super Bowl. Your rookie year is a backup that never touches the ball, for all we know. But do you rather that or do you rather get a legit opportunity? Because I think Carson Beck will get a legit opportunity. I think Mendoza will see the field. You're right, the Jets back up club Nick Clubnick, He will see the field. I mean Aaron Rodgers is old. He might be Fred Gila for all you know. Drew Awler sees the field.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but Howard Aler, they're in good good.
Speaker 1: That was the last to see the field, Ty Simpsons. The last to see the field.
Speaker 3: Probably probably probably goes Fernando then Simpson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say Fernando because he's so protected, right, and Kirk Cousins is no slouch, so the last and that's probably the best for him.
Speaker 3: If you guys, though, are making a strong case for Carson Beck after one pre season games. Everyone else, Yeah, I was gonna say, what if Fernando comes out and blows your mind? And this season and then that all the noise we've been here in the past few weeks for the hot take artists will get even louder. That's cool.
Speaker 1: If this plot fickens a little bit again, Carson Beck and Haynes King, I think both put themselves in great position to at least be noticed. I mean, if you can't tell I get way fired up about football once NFL hits. I'm in a different zone. I think a lot of football fans get in that different zone. But I agree, I'm I'm the first to make fun of people that make sweeping judgments after one preseason game. But it's all we got. But it's it's what we got now. And we're Thurston. We're like Thurston Hall of a Third bro love me. We're Thurston for some NFL football so much so, I'm watching the herd at the gym earlier today and then Collins talking about is Matt Lafleur on the hot seat. I'm like, they haven't played a preseason game, mant seat. Trust me, everyone that loves football is already throwing their takes out there.
Speaker 2: So I mean that's where we are.
Speaker 3: Enrich not to shoot down your entire first segment, but say Carson Beck gets in there against ones I know and falls completely face.
Speaker 2: Throws four picks and fumbles twice.
Speaker 1: I know all you could do is what they did last night, and you gotta give them props for it right now.
Speaker 2: And can you know you thought what I thought you were gonna say this.
Speaker 1: All you could do is also make assumptions and judgments on what you know so far. And all we know is that we saw a really exciting fun Hey Danny, g if what you said happens and we got to factor that into the equation. Now irrelevant but fun first game of the NFL. You know, great, dude, I was expecting nothing. I'm really excited about being that last quarter was great. I'm really excited to see we got the crown with us today.
Speaker 3: Isaac.
Speaker 1: Any anything I say out of bounds, I feel like you're the voice of reason. Carson Beck looked like he belonged. And I know it's one preseason game against backups and backups, but but there was a composure there.
Speaker 5: Well, you remember who the standout performer of the last season's Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Game was, don't you? Oh, please remind me exactly.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I will say this though, I'm glad you picked.
Speaker 1: Up hold on, hold on, Emmy, nommy, no, emmy stop. Isaac just gave me ave you.
Speaker 2: He gave you a Basinger very good.
Speaker 5: I will say this, was there some Tracy McGrady vibes in Carson Beck's facial countenance that because he just he looked. Let's put it this way, he looked really mellow on those camera shots.
Speaker 2: Into his eyes.
Speaker 1: He took the top shelf of drinks out of my garage ridge. He had that Cody Bellinger hazy sort of look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's been memes since his college days about that look in his eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, hey, you know what I think, By the way, it was a Bella danger there rooting him on. I didn't see that a Bella danger. Remember she was there.
Speaker 2: She I didn't know. In all honesty, you could say I'm lying. I had no idea who she was.
Speaker 1: That I that makes you the most set, the.
Speaker 2: Most noble guy in the studio.
Speaker 1: Does it make me the best of the lamest? I don't know, but obviously I had to do my research. I know her now.
Speaker 2: I didn't know her then when she was watching him in college in Miami. I know her now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, if anything, can we all agree me, you, everyone in this room and everyone listening that just having football back is a good thing.
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 1: It was great And honestly, on a personal note, Yankees were off last night. Perfect for me and throw on and sort of zone out on perfect night. Lots of fun, unexpected. You know, but what Lowen krown Is said is true. You know what does it really mean? But hey, he's better than sucking right. Well, you know what, when your team goes let's say, back in the day when there were four preseason games, is not for anymore. But remember like some of the teams that would go zero and four, one and three would be the teams that would go twelve and four in the regular season when there was sixteen games, thirteen and three. The preseason is more about, like you said, the bottom ends of the roster. Who's making the team When you watch Hard Knocks, you you get to follow some.
Speaker 3: Of these guys.
Speaker 1: You remember those heartbreaking stories where you're following your guy and he doesn't make the team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's always heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: It is absolutely heartbreaking. So, hey, football's back. Enjoy we got more. Kavino on Rich And this is a story in baseball that really is like, put the biggest smile on my face.
Speaker 2: It really did.
Speaker 1: There's a guy that got an opportunity that he's wanted since he's a kid. There's a destination a little up the road, and the habitations in the towns. We know the place we saw the lights turned low to get and they get fresh flow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 1: And that's what's up to turn tables in the microphone, bottles and cans and just.
Speaker 2: Your Hey and Carson Deck.
Speaker 3: What is this Friday karaoke man?
Speaker 1: Carson Deck, Carson Beck had a night? I want to hear Rich freestyle Covino and Rich on Fox Carson Ready.
Speaker 2: Deck, He'll have Jeremiah Love and Harasan. Why do you say it like that though? Jared Love and Harassan.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, Hey, a lot to get through today Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio, Cavino Rich, it's a really fun Friday.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: Fact, Baseball's you know, Brott and I.
Speaker 1: Are straight up going off the cuff, off our instincts, off of what we saw last night. And then you know, during the break, just now our hydration break, I'm listening to what Colin had to say about Carson Beck and and King, and we all sort of witnessed the same thing. But he seemed extra high on on back, like as a bona fide starter right now, like he looked that good.
Speaker 2: Take it ease, Yeah, I mean, look, you do.
Speaker 1: You have to put it in perspective and say, you know, it's a preseason game, but he was really high on everything I saw. So hey, man, he had a night, but Haines King had an even better night. Props to both, and Football's back. It's where it's at. Carson Beck, I'm telling you, those weapons on that team, you know, it's what's the what's the best about football is that these teams could turn it around so quickly. We've talked about the parody in the NFL. You make fun of me because ever year I'm like parody. Every year it's four or five teams in Paro made it the year before don't make it the following year, just because there's gonna come a time where a team like the Cardinals, who are asked the last couple of years, you're right, Jeremiah loved Danny g combined with Harrison Junior, and if Beck turns into something and they get some help and they have a new coach, Michae Lafleur, there's gonna come a point where it's like, all right, they're gonna be good. And then a team like the Seahawks or Niners are getting older, you know.
Speaker 3: Just takes a couple good drafts, a couple of good free agency periods.
Speaker 1: Forget the Seahawks, meaning like the Rams too, Like the Rams, when Stafford's no longer with that team in a year or so, that you know, no matter who they have, it will be a step down from Matthew Stafford. So that's what I love about football. You're never too good or too bad for too long if you're a well run organization, which is why you got to give the Chiefs and the Patriots and some of those dynasties even more credit. Because the NFL is so hard to continuously be good. Other sports you could stay good longer.
Speaker 2: I think, I really do.
Speaker 1: I think that your lifespan of being a dynasty so much, so much easier. Danny g is here on the phones at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. You want to chime in with your thoughts about preseason football football being back because life changes, especially, can you know in the next six plus months, you you give a breakout player and what does he want? He wants the money that the previous guy got, and you're manipulating the salary cap trying to figure out how to fit guys in. Anytime a team wins the Super Bowl, you're gonna lose a few guys because whoever was under whose ever's contracts up is now touting around.
Speaker 2: Like super Bowl champion. They want more money NFL. Oh, I love it so much.
Speaker 1: Sexy Ryan on the ones and twos. He's on the two turnariables and the microphone. The Crown's got your updates in about six minutes. Remember, we're gonna play Brainwave giveaway prizes and weekend hobnobbing what you need to watch in the world of sports and entertainment on my birthday weekend. But there's a story that we have to tell you about. Oh is the story how the Mets are going to turn it around.
Speaker 2: No, not that story. Oh no, I guess someone hit me up. Yesterday I saw the Mets got Benny Agbayani's son. What are they doing?
Speaker 1: I hope he's good. I love Benny Agbayani. Hi, Hawaii five Home. I thought that was cool, though, But I saw a meme one of my Met buddies that, you know, more mocking. It's at if the Mets go thirty eight and nine over their final forty seven, they'll probably make the playoffs. And then it said that's been done one time before that ridiculous record, and it was Lindor with the Indians now Guardians, so.
Speaker 2: Impossible. I'm not saying this chance. I'm not saying yeah.
Speaker 1: Because they had a liquidation sale. But I think the story right now is how hot the Red Sox are too.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: You see they're the equal losses with the tie with the Yankees in the lost car. Yeah, they had a crazy win yesterday. No wonder they're celebrating. They're in it and to win it.
Speaker 2: To tell you why it sucks to be a Mets fan.
Speaker 1: They just caught fired as the thing to tell the Red Sox, to tell you why it sucks to be a Mets fan. Is that you had the expectations and the money spent, like the Dodgers, but you saw other teams Danny, like the Red Sox and the Phillies, and certain teams that were playing like trash. Somehow go go on this tremendous, like three week run and they're right in the mix, and you're wonder you were waiting for the Mets, Like why is.
Speaker 2: Every Why is every team with expectations doing that?
Speaker 3: But us, the.
Speaker 2: Red Sox, the Phillies, They're not the only ones either.
Speaker 3: Almost feel guilty because when you first wanted your manager fired early on in the season, both Kovino and I said the same thing. Hey, it's a long season, you know, don't panic. You guys have time to go on a little winning streak. Just does not happen for your team. Didn't happen. But here's something fun that did happen. I love this, which truths that dreams do come true, not necessarily when you want them to.
Speaker 1: May could happen to you. It could happen to you, but maybe in the universe says you're ready. Maybe things happen when they're meant to happen. The seventy three year old guy. I love the story. He's a substitute teacher. I think his lifelong dream was to be a baseball broadcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, since he was twelve years old he wanted to call a Phillies game.
Speaker 1: And you know what, you win an auction, you want to put up some money, Like you said, he's in his seventies. You know, boomers are the boomers hate when I say this. Our parent generation, they had an easier path than us. They could have a regular, nice middle clash job and like survive, you know, our parents. Yeah, but of course, but they hate to hear.
Speaker 2: And I only say that because they'll be the first to tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm saying they hate to hear the fact that, like in the eighties or seventies, like a dad could have a regular job, a mom could be like a part time stay at home mom, work a part time job and still raise a family.
Speaker 3: Now you need you get a baller house. Back then for seventy thousand.
Speaker 5: Dude, Homer Simpson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, al Bundy was considered a shlub and they had a huge house and the suburbs of Chicago. Al Bundy was a shoe salesman. Peg was a stay at home mom and they had a sweet house. And Bud was a rapper I'm sorry street rapper brands and Kelly. By the way, Christine Applegate out of the hospital, so wishing her at nice but yeah, no, so times have changed. But that that guy seventies, he probably has a nice little nest egg, probably bought a house for a hundred thousand dollars it's now worth over a million, like all of our parents did. And he he want an auction to call a Phillies game, as you said, Danny, his childhood dream. But not only his child did dream. He was ready for the moment, ready, like not like ready. But think about it, if he was younger and he got this opportunity when he wanted to, he might not have had this wisdom and confidence that you're about to hear. Now Again, we're supposed to be under the understanding that here's some guy that won an auction and they do this all the time. I'm sure the Dodgers do, the Mets do. I'm sure whatever team you were for does a The Mets do like a kid caster for a day and it's.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, you're right, Rich, We've seen this before, But as soon as this clip went viral, everybody was like, oh, that's got to be a ringer.
Speaker 1: He's too good is it's usually just some guy that won a raffle and he's like, hey, my name's joh the one old pitch to oh TONI is a mall. Or it's some little cute kid that won like the Mets sweepstakes and he's sitting there with Keith Hernandez like I like g Lindull. This guy comes in like turtles and by the way, he hops right in too, like oh, he doesn't miss a beat. Please listen, Like they had to have a conversation right, like I'm gonna introduce you, jump right in because this guy delivered. And it goes with the theme of the week. What did Haines King do? What did Carson Beck do? What did George Lombard Junior do? On his debut? They seized the moment right and this guy, he kept the theme going seventy three year old, it's his name again.
Speaker 2: Something Cobb Lewis Cobb Lewis Cobb take a listen.
Speaker 3: We are headed to the third inning.
Speaker 1: Philly's on top two to one, and we're pleased to welcome Lewis kobb But from Medford Lakes.
Speaker 3: New Jersey. He is our Phillies fantastic auction winner.
Speaker 1: He outfit the competition to spend an inning and do some play by play in the booth, and Lewis welcome, glad to have you here.
Speaker 7: Thank you Scott.
Speaker 8: It's say thrill the pay here. It's a life flowing drain to be in the Philly's broadcast booth. So here we go, oh painter. But the first pitch to our teams that's in there for strike one? Call what deals with two? At the bottom of the second to take the lead. As we start the top of the third, Paiter delivers. It's bounced foul towards the Afelly's dugout and they count one and one. Deli's winning the first two games of this series, one more to go tomorrow night and then the three games set with the Blue Jays up at the weekend. Peter delivers. It's a check swing. It's a called strike three. He got him.
Speaker 2: Wow right.
Speaker 1: I want to know from low and Crown to a guy who's you know, who done his career and who's done this And I see him nodding, well, what's your first instinct when you hear this the korn?
Speaker 5: To be honest, I can think of at least three current Major League Baseball broadcasters who he is better than just hearing that. I'm not kidding. And the second point, you heard, how good that sounded. If you didn't know any better, you would think he was a regular, full time major let diecaster. But also think about think about how nervous he must have nailed it.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you said that.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: You know how your heart cracking the MIC's that's something he does on the regular. It's a moment he dreamed about his whole wife. His heart had to be pounding through his chest like bugs bunny when he falls in love, you know. And we've all been there, right the first time you cracked the mic. Take it from us. It's a nerve wracking experience. This guy's doing it on his on his biggest possible stage. He's a lifelong fan.
Speaker 3: Maybe he did play play in the classroom to his student.
Speaker 1: Whatever he did led him to this moment where he did he As as we go to ILove for the update, let me just give you to take attendance. All right, all right, let me give you guys a little insight. You know, Cavino and I have done everything from you know, radio, to podcasting, to TV to live stuff to tape stuff. There are some things you encounter, and this is everyone's career, so this might be a question itself. Things that you thought were easier than they were going to be, or things that were way harder than you thought, or or some things that did come easy to me. I think reading a teleprompter was the easiest thing. I thought it was gonna be tricky. Reading a teleprompter came to me like easy as could be. We tried to do play by play once at a fan fest. It was like an MLB fan fest. Cavino and I hop in this little booth and they give you like an inning of a game, and they give you some notes and they go, hey, give it a shot. We try this, and I'm gonna tell you what happened after we go to Ilo for an update.
Speaker 2: What's up Ilo? Now that's a team? Oh my goodness, you know what.
Speaker 5: To be honest, I actually did the same thing at the Major League Baseball All Star Game fan fest when I was twelve years old.
Speaker 2: And is that where you quit the bug, Were you any good?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: It was freaking great.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 5: I got a videotape at home.
Speaker 1: Dude, I would love to see that Kavino did a music video at a theme park, because that's the same Remember that booth he did Tiffany.
Speaker 2: I think we're alone now.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, that and the next eight years of my career. If you would listen, you would swear that I had not hit puberty until I was I don't know.
Speaker 2: What it sounded like.
Speaker 5: Well like Peter Brady, Oh, very good, Peter Brady. Oh man, boy, I thought I forgot that episode. Well, you're talking about baseball broadcaster. We started in Major League Baseball because the Athletics announced that they have mutually parted ways with general manager David Forst, who is in his eleventh season as gm a's presently forty five and seventy. They're tied for the second worst record in the majors. In the NBA, the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner has determined that the death of Memphis Grizzlies forward Brandon Clark back in May was caused by an accidental overdose of heroin and cocaine. In the NFL Tennessee Titans guard Peter Scornsky has agreed to a four year, one hundred million dollar extension with eighty eight million guaranteed. That makes him the highest paid guard in the NFL. Buffalo Bill's guard, Osiris Torrance not too shabby either. He's agreed to a four year, seventy eight million dollar extension through twenty thirty with forty six million dollars guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio and.
Speaker 9: In addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 9: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I thought it was great. Hey, if you haven't seen it, it's on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: The theaters are gonna be packed with Spider Man fans. So I say, watch he man, watch it on my hand. It's my birthday weekend.
Speaker 3: I love him.
Speaker 2: Man, did you really hate it?
Speaker 3: Big Ryan?
Speaker 9: Or what.
Speaker 2: No, he's such a comic book guy.
Speaker 4: So dude, the original is better, all right? Dolph Lunds for Baby Forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah here, think was off, but you think Skeletor was cool? Come on, you know it was pretty hot, all right. So we're Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Sexy.
Speaker 1: Ryan didn't like Masters of the Universe, but everyone watching it streaming on Amazon Prime loving it. Danny g is here on the phones at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, and we're Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. And I got the uh, I got the result of us trying to do play by play.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you a second.
Speaker 1: But reading the feedback our buddy Rob Rob Baker down in Texas, no one represents Texas like any other state. No one represents their state more like Texas. Like if someone's from Texas, they take pride and everything as he goes. As far as the quarterbacks, we spoke of Kate club Nick who Danny, you said you were you were thinking might get a shot Texas guy, Austin Area, Austin Westlake, the same high schools Drew Brees and Nick Foles, so they just produced quarterbacks there. And Haynes King another Texas high school quarterback from Longview, Texas. So a lot of these Texas kids, everything's better in Texas.
Speaker 2: Who trust me?
Speaker 1: My father in law is from Texas, and he's one of those guys where any anything you bring up, he's like, well, you know, the first whatever was from everything was from Texas. Everything better in Texas. Yeah, shout out plays of everything in Texas. So shout out to all the Texas quarterbacks. And we're talking about this announcer who got an opportunity and sounded like a pro. Lewis Lewis Lewis Cobb seventy three year old guy covean know. I said, you and I have done most forms of broadcasting there have been. I mean, TV, radio, podcasting, you name it. We've done at live events. I've handled pretty much everything pretty comfortably.
Speaker 7: I said.
Speaker 1: The prompter I always thought was easier than I thought it would be, getting a groove pretty quick reading a teleprompter if you do TV. We tried play by play, same as Loan chrown. It like a fan fest, an All Star MLB All Star fan fest. They had the whole setup and you're supposed to call the legendary play. You get to pick I remember, I remember the play we called it was it was Gibson's walk off against Eckersley and Yo Isaac. You would think Kavino and I, who have worked together for decades, and I.
Speaker 2: Know it's about to happen. No, it's about to happen.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. We struggle through it because you were like, and uh, pitch on the way, well that's a strike one, and you're like, it's not as easy as you think. I think play by play is one of those things that you see guys doing basketball, hockey, baseball.
Speaker 2: It is not easy.
Speaker 1: It is my top I'd say three of things you think you could do, but you can't. It is way much to give you another one. You think play tennis. Tennis is up there.
Speaker 2: Play tennis, do play by play? Play by play?
Speaker 1: You know, color commentating a little easier if you could CounterPunch and you know, throw some zingers in there. And you think you could do that, you probably can't perform well with a good looking woman. I think a lot of guys were play by play was way tough. So for this guy to step up on a major league level, and like Lowen Crown said.
Speaker 2: Take it from a pro. Low and cross.
Speaker 1: He sounds better than some actual, you know, professional announcer. I'll give you another one as we watch the girls softball Little League World Series. Guys that suck at sports, that think they get hit off a girl throwing heat when when Jenny Finch was dealing back in the day and all these guys I could hit.
Speaker 2: Off from straight out bonds, like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But I always think it's funny when bozo guys that you know played ball think that I could hit that. It's a different trajectory. The ball's coming up, it's not going, nothing's breaking, the balls rising. I would love to watch female softball players dominate dudes that think they're good. So these are all things that you think you could do, but you can't. When we did it, we embarrassed ourselves. People expected us to be good because we're on the radio and we've worked together.
Speaker 2: We know the call.
Speaker 1: This kind didn't know any event. Jumped right in there and dominated again. The theme Lewis Cobb sees the moment and props to you, and it's never too late. Seventy three years old made his dreams come true. All right, we got brain wave coming up, we got weekend hob Nobbin. So a lot to get to this hour, So hang time more Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. I hope you have a great weekend. Let's go, Well, what do we learn first hour? Carson Beck, the rookie quarterback that might be in the best position.
Speaker 2: What were those lyrics he wrote to have a shot?
Speaker 1: Oh, Carson Beck, He'll have Jay, Remiah Love and Harrah So telling you he's gonna catch it on. He's gonna be the guy. And we realized that Lewis Cobb, seventy three years old, seized the moment and he did that fill in auction played by play for the Phillies, and you know, the guy was awesome. He sounded like a season vet, as Isaac said, fit right in. If you if you turned on that broadcast, Isaac, you wouldn't have known that he was a fan that won a raffle.
Speaker 5: Would not have been able to tell the difference, not at all.
Speaker 2: And I thought he had a unique voice. You know, it wasn't like the greatest broadcasting voice, but he had the delivery down Scully pacing.
Speaker 1: He had the good thank you n yeah, great pacing and a unique voice. You know, not everyone has golden pipes Like Danny g you just make the most of it.
Speaker 2: I agree with Rich.
Speaker 1: If you hadn't told me that he won an auction or paid for an auction or whatever charity, I would not have known that it was some sort of winner making this happen. Well, speaking of broadcasters, you said in the books, shout out to how he Rose put it in the books. This is his final year calling Mets games. And when you say put it in the books, I did have a question for you.
Speaker 2: Guys. This is off the cuff. I know you love when I do that.
Speaker 3: He can't go out on a year like this.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: The funniest part is he started in eighty seven, so maybe he's the problem. I love how hero what I'm just saying he started in eighty seven. Every time I hear that a little fun fact, I'm like, yo, he missed all the fun and dare you Rich?
Speaker 3: Don't put that on him.
Speaker 1: Listen, every time the Mets win, what if they win it next year? Then every time the Mets win in my Mets Chat, no matter how bad they are, one of my friends that had you know, there's the the meme of how we Rose pumped his fist put it in the books, And you say books nowadays in twenty twenty six, there are two skills that I wonder if two If you if you rounded up idiotic teenagers that are at the local high school, go to you know, El Camino, go to Taft, go to what's the one that John Carlos stan went to, Notre Dame, you know, go to Chamanad any of these schools around here. Have you rounded up a bunch of sixteen year old young dudes that are playing sports? Do you think all of them would know how to keep a baseball score book?
Speaker 2: And do you think they would know how to score bowling?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: And no, that's embarrassing to me. Well, bowling, they'd have no reason to because it's done. It's always done. Rich, we had those overhead projectors from the leftover some I would take pride, Danny in my ability to keep a sweet score book end bowling.
Speaker 2: If I go bowling. I used to like that.
Speaker 3: I think you already knew the answer to your own question, Rich, because you play adult softball. How many times is the manager saying nobody knows no, one knows.
Speaker 1: How to be honest? Every time? I'm the guy that's like, give me the book. I'll till him up, I'll keep the book. I'm like, how do you guys know know how to keep it? When I was a kid, I would go to sit in the bench. If you know how to play keep the book? No, you're just a man with them. They have a brain.
Speaker 3: It is coming out.
Speaker 2: When I would go to.
Speaker 1: A Mets game sitting in the upper deck with my dad at Chase Stadium in the you know, late eighties, early nineties, there are some bad teams in the Mets after that eighty sixteen. You would get the program and the guys would always sound like they're from the nineteen twenties. Get your program, here your program. They were stuck in a different generation programs. But you would get the program and you would write the starting lineup in and you would do your best effort.
Speaker 2: As a little kid. You felt like a kids can't even write in cursive anything. You felt like a little man. Think you're know how to keep a baseball scorecard? Score book?
Speaker 1: Which is simple A ground bow to shorts up six, Like, how do you not know that? But I do think that. Listen, they know a hell of a lot of stuff we don't know. Like kids probably know more about AI than we do. But yeah, you can't even do the gritty old guy.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: But I will say though, if you want to cold dad move, it might be absolutely But teacher kid had a score bawling and keep a baseball score book. It is like one of those like I think you should just know. I think you should know as a man or a woman. Not to be sexist, I think you should just know. Maybe they don't need to know, but then they need to know other things that But then again, who am I because I don't know how to change my own oil because in my mind, don't bring it to the shop, you know, like they know whatever's useful to them.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Now, speaking of baseball, they put it in the books. What book?
Speaker 1: Before we play? Because this hours action packed with brainwave. We're giving away prizes. It's simple, it's multiple choice. So when we tell you to call it definitely called to trying to win some summer prize packs or grilling Apron. It's just a matter of are you on the same brain wave as everyone here on the show? Plus weekend hobnobbing what to watch in the world of sports and entertainment, We do that this hour. But something happened at the Red Sox team again. They've been hot, right, Red Sox have been hot. They like cancel from a Yankees fan. I don't know how tops in the world. Big win yesterday probably their biggest win. Did you sell the rating? Did you send me that mem or? Did I just see it when I was scrolling where.
Speaker 2: In June the lost column between.
Speaker 1: The Yankees and Red Sox was like far into the double digits. And now fast forward to the beginning of August and there that around. They got hot. They caught fire. Like you said you hoped your mets would do that. They didn't know anyway. I saw this clip of a fan reaching out to a roll this Chapman, as Boonie used to call him.
Speaker 2: Chappie Chappie. Here, chap chap Chappie.
Speaker 1: So hey, you're all this chatman Chappie. He turns around, He's like I could be here and chatman and walks over to the guy and he's like, I got something for you, Chappy.
Speaker 2: And this is again me improvising.
Speaker 1: I don't know what was said, and Chappie's like, I don't want it, and he's like, oh, here, take this and he hands him this old looking eighteen hundred late eighteen hundred baseball glove. Looks like something Babe Ruth would have threw away. It was Honus Wagner's.
Speaker 10: It looked like a.
Speaker 1: Honus Wagner Signature series baseball glove, and Rablas Chapman looked really happy to have it. You know, he puts it on, he starts punching it, and he's like, Yo, look at this thing this guy gave me. And then he leaves it there on the dugout and you get a good view of this glove, and honest to guy, it looks like something Abner.
Speaker 2: Doubleday played with. It's so funny.
Speaker 7: Would say that.
Speaker 3: I was like, who was it?
Speaker 1: Double day when my wife's from New Brownfels, Texas, and there's a really cool little town called Green, Texas. It's spelt it looks like it's abelled grueen g r u e Enny, And they used to have an antique shop and I'm so bummed to close down. You'd go in there and I'm so bummed I never picked one up. They would have old baseball gloves, old sporting equipment. There was like thirty bucks and I'm so mad they would have gloves where the fingers weren't even connected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that glove was definitely worn by somebody that talked like this. Yeah, that's right. My name is Slappy Johnson. That's right.
Speaker 1: Taking them ount today. I was loved to with Jackson. I always loved doing Slappy Johnson took them out. He was great, Slappy Johnson. So you know, Ralah Chapman, he he went from like not really caring about the moment, like yo, that's pretty cool, and it looks like he wants to take it on the mound. It makes me think of when David Wells wore a Babe Ruth's hat to the mound, wrote that story, and they wouldn't let him do We wouldn't let him do it because it wasn't you know, it wasn't an actual official gear. But Chapman looked happy about the moment. You gotta look up the clip. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Do you think if Aaron Judge had that glove in the World series, he wouldn't have dropped that?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh dude, it hurts, But it's like this old timey times glove. Right, sorry, So based on that, what's the strangest gift you ever gave or received like strangest gifts given. It got us thinking about that because this guy took a chance. Turns out around this chopman. You think he takes it home at him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so? Well why not?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah, that's something he puts in his man cave.
Speaker 1: I don't know whose it was or if it has any particular value, but it looked cool. Rald this chapman does he take it home?
Speaker 3: Either way?
Speaker 2: He got this random gift. And when you're somebody like rall this chapman, I'm sure you get random things all the time. I bet you. Some things are cool and some things are like why you give me the Yeah, exactly? So anything come to mind for you?
Speaker 1: Well, I always feel like we're very lucky that listeners will send us some cool stuff. Yeah, when people send us useful stuff, I'm so grateful. I'm grateful regardless. But sometimes people will be like, hey, you know rich, I know you're a barbecue guy. Send you these these rubs from the local place here in town. I don't have that that's useful. But sometimes someone will send you like merch or something for their product, and like Men's extra extra arts WI someone said rich and I swear to God like these these random looking sandals, like these Jesus looking sandals, but they were like really lame looking, and underneath them you could fill them up like a oh.
Speaker 2: It's like a flash flask. It was a flip flop flask.
Speaker 1: They would have things everything, and I'll bring them in for you.
Speaker 3: No, that sounds awesome.
Speaker 1: Use that pulling off your I think that was pulled off your busted feet.
Speaker 2: And they called flip flop flask for real, they should be whiskey baby. They weren't flip flops.
Speaker 1: They were the weakest looking, like you know, uh wheat woven sandals ever. But you know what, and I was like, why would anyone sit look at me? I'm a Guido kid from New Jersey. You think I'd ever wear these ridiculous things? You know, It's interesting with celebrity I don't even want to get like regift this on Christmas with celebrities and athletes. For them to really want something a fan brings them, it would have to be ridiculously special. And I saw something recently that was a really beautiful moment. Dwayne the Rock Johnson was promoting that trash Moana live action. No relation to Slappy Oh yeah, no relation should have Slappy Dwayne the Rocks, the famous picture who took them out ash with that glove. Dwayne the Rock Johnson, no descendant of him, was at some event and he was just walking by and someone goes, Dwayne, Dwayne, take a look at this. And someone held up an old school wrestling magazine from how to Be fifty plus years ago and it had the Rock's dad on the cover. The Rock stopped in his tracks, went over the guy and the guy's like, I like to give this to you. The Rock got a little teary eyed. He's like, you're gonna give this to me? And he told the guy come around the barricade, gave him a hug, and he's like, you don't realize I'm gonna I have family members that would love to see this. Thank you, so like, you gotta for someone to want something like that, you know. And now we're getting into the coolest gifts, right Yeah. I mean, well we did say like most random, strangest, but I'm saying most of the time something else. Most of the time, it's not that okay, But there was an even cooler story recently cooler than that rock story. Even though it's a very cool story, I don't want to butcher it. So Danny g if you could find the info on this or even the kron you might know about it. Dallas Brayden, do you remember what he was famous for? Famous as pitcher that pitched a perfect game? I didn't remember Dallas Braiden. Well, didn't he pitch it like in tribute to his mom who had passed away? Wasn't that the backstory? I think that's the backstory?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: What's up? Then you remember that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 5: It was on Mother's Day.
Speaker 7: So he pitched a.
Speaker 1: Perfect game on Mother's Day? Right, And I think his grandma went to the game. Get this, So he had two tickets to the game, a ticket for his grandma and a ticket for his mom, I guess. But the seat was empty, so the empty seat was there next to his grandma. He pitches his perfect game, he tugs the heart strings and everyone's like, oh, I did it for his mom on Mother's Day. A random fan came up to him. He's like, dude, I got something for it, and he's like, what's this? And he knew it the moment he looked at it. He knew the seat, he knew where his grandma was sitting, and he knew what section it was in. The dude had the dude had the ticket stub of that empty seat on that day next to his grandma, and he's like, because that's where his mom would have been.
Speaker 2: The kid had it. He's like, I want you to have it. He had it in a card.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, that's that's off the dome Harry Max's style. I may have messed something up there, but that was the gist of the story, and Braden was brought back like, oh my god, I can't believe you've given me this because that game meant everything to him and he did it for his mom and his second He saw it, he knew what it was. It was that empty seat next to his grandma. You know, it's a beautiful feeling. You ever see, like on a documentary or something where they'll they'll surprise maybe an athlete who's a talking head. They're like, hey, we want you to look at something and you see that emotional, real reaction like oh wow, like I haven't seen this in years. I think there were some cool moments. There were some cool moments during that team USA. Did you watch that hockey documentary? Yeah, not the movie, not Miracle. There was a documentary on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did, remember. We talked about it. We talked about it.
Speaker 1: I remember when they were showing the guy some of the pictures and stuff from the eighty Olympics.
Speaker 2: I've seen it.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen this in you know, almost you know, since nineteen eighty forty five plus years. And those are the times where people would want a gift, But I want to give you the flip side. Ninety five percent of the time when some one you don't know gives you a gift, they're just handing you something you don't want. I know, They're they're basically saying, can you donate this for me? Because I don't want it? And by the way, I'm getting the feedback. Escobar Cheeks, what a name? Score Bottle Cheeks says those flip flop flasks were reefs. They were not reef. These were like the weakest cheapest things I'd ever seen.
Speaker 7: They weren't that bad.
Speaker 1: They were the week you know what, right. I wish I had them so I could see you in them. They were not reefs. They were the weakest things I'd ever seen so strangest gifts roll this Chapman got one. Actually it ended up.
Speaker 2: Being pretty cool. He seemed to be grateful for it.
Speaker 1: So let us know eight seven seven ninety nine, O Fox, we've received some really we you know what? My my girlfriend's dad one day, it was Christmas. It's so embarrassing too, because you're opening presidents, like in front of the quote unquote future in laws.
Speaker 2: Right, do we have an announcement to make?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But I mean how else do I describe it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: My girlfriend's family. That's fine, I'm opening I'm opening Christmas presents and helping it up.
Speaker 2: And what I got here?
Speaker 1: It's a big heavy box and it was an alligator head, like a real, real alligator head, and like, I don't know what the joke is. So I was just like, yeah, isn't the one that bid off Chubs Peterson's hands. But it was a real not a stuff Dan, it was a real you know, like they got it at a museum or a zoo or something.
Speaker 2: It was like you took its head.
Speaker 1: Everybody starts laughing at me, and I'm like, well, what are I doing it? And they're like, you know, basically got you because you're stuck with it now. Oh it's like a pregnant bit. They're like, oh you know so now I had I have that thing for a year until I handed it off to like the next guy.
Speaker 3: Let's say hi to Hoo Daddy Sean and Montana Sean.
Speaker 1: Eraldus Chatman gets an old timey time glove and it got Covino thinking, like you know those random cool gifts who actually get or the weakest, Well, dude, sometimes emmy can make or break a relationship. I've heard of stories. You know, some women are like, I can't believe he got me blank. I'm not that type of woman. Relationship over so these things matter. I'm not that type of woman. What do you what you get here? Hey Sean, what's up?
Speaker 6: Guys? But me and my son listen to you all the time. He's ten years old. We love you guys.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome, man, future generation. I love it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I hope he's a Cavino guy and crazy enough.
Speaker 6: I'm from Bridgeport, Connecticut, nice where I grew up, but I moved to Montana so I can relate to you guys. And I'm a Niners fan and a Mets fan just like you, bro, we.
Speaker 1: Are destined to be bros Mets and Niners. Have you noticed, by the way, Brandon, who works here, one of the editors, is a big Niners fan, and we talked about this. The Mets and Niners have this weird you nick vibe.
Speaker 3: Danny just this.
Speaker 1: It's true story. When one is good the other's not. So like the Mets stinking this year is good news for the Niners because when the Mets, somehow every few years have a great season, that's when the Niners are hurt and go like seven and eleven, seven and ten or something. So Niners are going to win twelve games.
Speaker 6: R and between. I haven't even noticed the good years lately right now the Mets. But I got a story for you guys. I brought my son in training camp last week.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: We went three days and George Kittle is his hero man, so that was our main thing. We just wanted to George Kittle autograph the first two days and weren't successful, and my son brought him a gift. So he brought I ordered him this super cool Transformers forty nine ers toy and it came like right before we laugh, and he wanted to give it to George and it wasn't looking good.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: I didn't know how I was going to figure this out. You know what, romelest they might give it a shot. He wrote them a little letter and right at the end of the last day kind of just yelled out. I was like, hey, George, my son got you a gift to and give it to you. And he looks at me and kind of weird and he's like, oh, yeah, what is it? You know, kind of leary and he's so he let me grab it out of the bag and we went up to the front of Lineman. He she was able to give Kittle the gift with a car attach and stuff like that. It was an awesome any signs of Jersey, It was an awesome moment. But you guys had me thinking we saw him walk off the field with it. It has like his name in the little card that he wrote in his address and stuff. But what do you think, you guys think he kept it?
Speaker 1: I do, honestly, if it's a if it's a something like that, if it's a cool little it's you said, it's like a forty nine ers transformer thing.
Speaker 6: Yes, it like just came out.
Speaker 2: I feel like George Kittle.
Speaker 1: Is the type of guy that I bet you George Kittle would keep a forty nine ers transformer thing on his shelf and he might be like, Yo, some cool little kid gave it to me.
Speaker 3: I'm locker right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might throw it up there.
Speaker 1: Honestly, we've had people give us stuff that you would think doesn't have value, but I'll I'll keep it, like on my shelf or something. I always Sam, I always Sam, by the way, I agree. I think he kept it, you know, like maybe kept in his locker.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 2: I think it meant something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Iowa Sam Always when he goes somewhere, he always comes back and brings the most peculiar things.
Speaker 3: Back for you.
Speaker 1: He's like, I saw this and thought he it was like some random pin or sticker, but it's so nice and kind.
Speaker 3: It's kind of cool. Yeah, it'd be like like a can opener, but it has like the name of the city where he was. Out of my.
Speaker 1: I saw this sticker. You know, he brought me a sticker, said JABBRONI repellent. He's like, I figured you could put it on whatever you want. I was like, thanks, man, I would Sam comes to my house every year for my family's Christmas party. But it's so awful, And every year I would saym brings a peculiar Christmas ornament, like it like like like a like a flamingo or like, hey, you know what he brought me? What's it was a pint of it was a shiny pint of beer ornament. I'm like what That's what makes him, you know? And it's the thought that count. It makes the trip.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a mistletoe belt or something like that, or I.
Speaker 2: Have one of those.
Speaker 1: I wear it all year long, though. Ryan, all right, we got more Covino Rich. We're gonna play brain Wave. If you want to get involved, get involved, have some fun, win surprises.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Danny g puts together these great questions, sports, relationships, music, all the different categories, and you got to try to match our answers. It's easy, it's simple, and we want you to win. So let's do it next summer Growing eight, seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox. Win a grilling apron, some koozies and some goodness Right here c n R on FSR, It's time for Brainway.
Speaker 2: Come on now, do Covino and Rich really share the same brain chatting Chatty Ray something sim Joe.
Speaker 3: To measure you. Is their crew not far behind. We're one.
Speaker 2: Welcome the Brainway. Try to make sense of the brain It's easy.
Speaker 3: We drop fun, sports, music, and entertainment questions and if you match with enough of these bosums, you win.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: On the count of three, reveal Brainway one, two, three, Yeah, yeahs.
Speaker 2: You're on the same wave way right now.
Speaker 3: All right, happy Friday. The questions in this game are all subjective. You just need to try to match the brain of CNR and the crew. Yeah, look at Coven already having fun with this. Try erase board over there. Alright, let's let's get our contestant on the studio lines. Then I'll explain the rules real quick. Ilo, I'll use you shoot for this. Would you love to travel too? Beautiful Waco, Texas, Spokane, Washington, Reading, California, Tulsa, Oklahoma, or Denver.
Speaker 5: Well, I've been to three or four of those places. Let's go place I haven't been, Redding, California.
Speaker 3: I've never been to reading.
Speaker 1: Bubba is listening there, so Bubba Yo reading Bubba Friday.
Speaker 2: This guy's energy.
Speaker 3: Get your good choice, Bubba. What do you do for a living there.
Speaker 6: I do construction in the heat, my.
Speaker 1: Friend, it sucks construction in the You know what, well, if you win, you could just wear the apron and nothing else, nothing else nice.
Speaker 3: All right, I have five rounds ready to go. Our contestant, Bubba, needs to win two of them to be the champ and walk away with that CNUR summer grill in package. I'm gonna ask a question, give three equal answers to choose from the five of us in the studio today. Are going to write down our answers on our dry erase boards. On the count of three, Bubba counts out. He says his answer, and he's got a match with three out of the five of us to win the round or no matter his answer, If all five of us happen to match, it is an automatic round for him, a back door cover. All right, all right, round one, you guys ready, let's do it. Get those dry erase boards ready. We're gonna start with relationships. Oh, you're seeing someone new and the chemistry is amazing. But one of these red flags keeps tugging at your brain. Which one is the toughest to ignore?
Speaker 2: I like these type of questions.
Speaker 3: Flirting a little too comfortably with servers keeping their ex's hoodie because it's comfy, or reading your text messages but replying hours later. Which of those red flags is the toughest to ignore Flirting a little too comfortably with servers keeping their exes hoodie because it's comfy, or reading your text messages but replying hours later. Yeah, everybody locked in?
Speaker 5: What gender is the server?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: It depends who's listening to you right now? I love all right, Bubba, we need your answer on the counter. Three one two three?
Speaker 6: If he gone to hoodie gone.
Speaker 3: He says, hoodie.
Speaker 2: Hah.
Speaker 3: We start with Steve Covino.
Speaker 1: You know, as I grow older and wiser, Birthday weekend, this weekend, things like that don't bother me the way they used to. So reading those texts, like she's reading my text, she has her phone right there, she can't respond.
Speaker 2: That's so weird, So that would bother me more so.
Speaker 3: Buzzer, no point from Cavino, Rich Davis.
Speaker 1: I hate to say I'm such a mature man these days. I'm flirty. So I don't mind a girl's a little flirty. If it's in it said with a server, it's a server, right, I mean you're not gonna see him.
Speaker 2: Against Server's got no game. No, But I'm saying number two, they got that fresh pant pad. I remember when I met my wife.
Speaker 1: My wife had like a carry on bag, and I'm like, this is really great.
Speaker 2: She goes, oh, it's my exites.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to throw it at I'm like, no, I like this carry on bag, so I'm fine with a hoodie doesn't matter. But when someone's unattentive, that's the sign.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: So I'm with you reading the messages and not responsive annoying.
Speaker 2: It's like you're not important enough to get back to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, we go to ilo.
Speaker 5: This is interesting because some people aren't necessarily Texters, and a free garment is a free garment. I actually went with the flirting with the server.
Speaker 2: Oh oh you like it a juice and do you want more? Fresh? Juicy? Is good? But no way, the server has more game than you. You're charming guy.
Speaker 5: Well as usual, you're right on that part.
Speaker 3: Okay, Bubba, you're mathematically out of this one. But I did say hoodie, so you would have got the point from me. And what about you, Ryan?
Speaker 7: I said hoodie as well?
Speaker 1: She was sniffing like it smells like him, that's one thing.
Speaker 2: But if it's just a cozy hoodie, Yeah, but Ryan, think about.
Speaker 1: It, she's wearing that hoodie, you could still have your fun.
Speaker 3: She's wearing the hoodie. She's probably thinking about that dude, thinking about that guy.
Speaker 7: Whenever I go through a break up, anything she gives to me, I throw it.
Speaker 2: When you squeeze the nose cheeks. Who cares what hoodie she's by the way.
Speaker 1: Quote of the day. Let's go to round She would have bothered me in my twenties, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it's the end of the world. Cove youno. I just think out of the three.
Speaker 2: Have you got if you go with Hey, they're all good.
Speaker 1: You got with If you got with Jordan Hudson and she was wear of a ripped up old Belichick hoodie, would you care?
Speaker 2: That's definitely Bill.
Speaker 5: My fans would find that as a turn off.
Speaker 2: She's not wearing my hoodie with that guy.
Speaker 3: Un Round two, let's go to sports. Which NFL QB will have the most passing yards by the end of this season the regular season Fernando Mendoza, Carson Beck or Michael Pennix Junior.
Speaker 2: Now Pennick Junior is in a battle.
Speaker 10: Rich don't yeah, yeah, yeah, do that in your head.
Speaker 3: It's funny though. We started the show off actually by talking about this, so Rich and I were already on the same bring with of course Michael Pennock Junior, not a rookie. Yeah, but in a tricky situation there in Atlanta. All right, we're all writing our answers down. Everybody locked, all right, Bubba, on the count of three, one, two three.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go, Fernando. They'll get Kirk out of there and just get a more reps.
Speaker 3: That's my only thing, he says Fernando. We go in reverse order, so that means Ryan, you are up first. What's say you?
Speaker 4: I went with beck because Panix is going to get hurt, like he always gets hurt.
Speaker 7: And uh. I like Mendoza, but he's probably not going to play.
Speaker 3: For a while, all right, right. I also I also.
Speaker 2: Said, Beck, oh, turn tables in a microphone?
Speaker 3: What'd you say? What did you say? I love?
Speaker 5: I am actually going with Mendoza. I think the politics of being a number one.
Speaker 2: Pick oh interesting.
Speaker 1: I think Cousins will start too many games early on for Mendoza to get that number, and I think Tua could.
Speaker 2: Very well be the guy in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if Pennix plays as much as you think Carson Beck. I just think by process of elimination, I think Beck might make opportunities and make him count. But I think Pennix Junior is the answer here. Like, why are we buying into Tua? I mean, is that that's still a quarterback back?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 1: I mean like we don't, right, I mean, there's no update there, right. I love it's like it's still I mean, we haven't had our first preseason game.
Speaker 2: I don't say I love okay, but we're not on the same brainway.
Speaker 3: But I love the fact we're talking NFL football, all right. Let's go to round three supporting roles. Wayne Knight turned seventy one today. Anyone know who he is? Newman Hello, new Hellon in his honor? Jurassic Park too, who hijacked or sitcom more to the point where the supporting role became the main event? Okay?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 3: Jaliel White is one of the options. Let's let's go in order here. Henry Winkler as the fawns. Hey Jaliel White as Erkele or Michael Richards as Kramer?
Speaker 2: Whoa good one?
Speaker 1: Which supporting guy stole the scene the most?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Who hijackedor sitcom more? Okay in Newman's Honor here a lot fawns Erkle or Kramer.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, this is such a great question, and I just want people to just again brainway, think of the brainwave we are on.
Speaker 3: Yep, all right, count of three, bubba one two three.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with where I think Cavino's gonna do and.
Speaker 3: Say, he says, Fawns Steve, we know we do. Start with you.
Speaker 2: What's today Friday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, rich Davis.
Speaker 1: Now listen, no one had smoother game than Stefan or Kell And did I do that got any cheese?
Speaker 2: You know he was not supposed to be that big of a character.
Speaker 1: I think the whole cast of Seinfeld.
Speaker 2: Do you take that out of elimination?
Speaker 1: I think no one on this list has a jacket in the Smithsonian, But you know he does the fun I think Henry Wakel on.
Speaker 2: Your answer, HEYLO great, It's not a bad pick, though it's really tough.
Speaker 3: Comes down to me and Ryan. He is a winner in this round. I said, fawns as well. What did you say, I said, racle Man.
Speaker 1: Come on, I mean he's legendary too. By the way, you know, we had Wene Night on our show back in the day and Rich asked him if if he often gets confused with the guy that played the Revolting Blob in Billy Madison.
Speaker 2: Stop just said where to God? Like the guy?
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, sorry, she's he's like, you know, the revolting Blob.
Speaker 10: Why did I say, all right, halfway to a prize, par I'm embarrassed for twenty something girl, man the revolting Blop cauld I have had extra paper talent so I can wipe my pet and my tears.
Speaker 3: All right, Bubba, you're halfway to a prize. Back, Let's go to round four music covolting Blob. Happy right, guys, focus.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I just I'm looking back. I can't believe what.
Speaker 3: It idiot he was. Let's go to Let's go to music.
Speaker 2: Looking back.
Speaker 3: You're locked in a small room for forty eight hours and music is being piped in on a loop to torture you. Which song would break you achy, breaky Heart, Barbie Girl or It's a Small World. Which song would break you as torture if you were locked in a small room for forty eight hours, couldn't turn it off? Achy, Breaky Heart, Barbie Girl. Or it's a small world.
Speaker 2: And it's a great question, really good question. But I do have an answer.
Speaker 3: All right, we're all gonna write, okay, and.
Speaker 1: I have a real I have a great answer as to why I have answers. I can't wait the edge of my seat. Oh, I know you should be all right. So it's brain Wave CNR CNR on FSR. We do this every Friday for prizes and giveaways. And by the way, we don't want to leave you out of the fun. If you want to qualify for the Summer Grilling Apron and prize pack, just leave a nice comment.
Speaker 2: Wherever you get your podcast. He's locked in, let's go, what Let's go?
Speaker 3: Your answer, Bubba one, two.
Speaker 7: Three, I can't even go on the ride.
Speaker 3: Small world, he says, it's a small world. We go in reverse order. Ryan, what'd you say?
Speaker 7: Achy, Breaky Heart?
Speaker 1: Sorry, budd, Sorry you don't like you, you know, like Billy raised dance moves. You know, no, no, this good?
Speaker 3: This was real close for me because it's a small world. I think they call it circular where there's really no end to the song. Yes, but Barbie Girl, if I had to hear that on a loop, you could have whatever information you are torturing me to get. ISLO would you say, oh my ear?
Speaker 1: But I do love every soft And when that guy comes out, he's like, call ball, Barbie, let's go party. However, nothing more annoying than the sound of children singing like It's all.
Speaker 2: World that would break me. That's the worst. I'm with you, bro, that's a joyous song. I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 1: It's definitely I agree on the same brainwave as Danny g and the kron Barbie Girl, Oh man.
Speaker 3: All right, it comes down to the final category, guys, round five A right, all right, we're gonna finish. We're finishing by going back to sports.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: You're putting up one month of your salary on a Super Bowl bet. Which of these three teams would you trust the most to cast your ticket? It's good Texans, the Lions or the Chargers. Means are there, But which one would win and take home that money for you? The Texans, the Lions or the Chargers?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Everybody locked in? Yes, Sir Steve Kerr, All right, Bubba one, two, three.
Speaker 6: Lions.
Speaker 1: I suppose he says, Lions, Steve, Steve Covino. Yo, guess what we are on the same brain wave. Herbert doesn't look focused to me on CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud.
Speaker 1: You saw how he came strutting in looking like a school boy. He came in looking like a school boy and has not done well in the playoffs. So I'm taking away Houston Lions cove. I'm also taking away the Chargers. As much as I love Madison beer and Herbert cuddling, I just think the AFC is too competitive.
Speaker 2: You might be able to sneak through the NFC. The Lions.
Speaker 3: Right, one more, one more, because five of us today.
Speaker 5: I love Damn Campbell.
Speaker 3: A winner. There we go, we have a winner and ready in California. You are gonna receive a CNR Summer prize pack, including that popular grilling apron.
Speaker 1: Now it's time Friday. We do it all the time, weekend hobknopping.
Speaker 2: That's for talking.
Speaker 3: I can't resist yourselthing stuck socializing? You ever done anything dangerous?
Speaker 7: You ever dance with the devil in the panel line?
Speaker 2: Friday brings us weekend. Hob no, if anyone knows, hobnob and it is Rich Davis. But I'll kick it off, hob nothing. It's my birthday weekend, so I'll be watching.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I was gonna say, your birthday weekend. I'll be watching you get bothtogs. You're getting up there. Yeah, I'll be doing something, watching you cry in your candles. Yeah exactly. I don't know this one's hitting me. But UFC Fight Night. I love watching fights. I'll be doing Yeah, leave me alone. I'll watch the fights, Billy Ray, goff Ty Miller, UFC fight and I enjoy it.
Speaker 2: That's on Saturday.
Speaker 1: You know what, Rich, because you've been talking about it, because I already started and invested on the show Ted last so season four, I'll check that out. You know last whose season fo? I watched episode one. I thought three ended perfectly, and I'm like, oh, why are they doing four? The first episode is three years later, and it really does.
Speaker 2: It's like a fresh start. So you watch it, you're like, oh, this is Michael runs this place.
Speaker 1: Was like, yep, it's good, but you got to finish season three first. I never we only have a few left on that.
Speaker 2: But that's the best part.
Speaker 1: I'm not the biggest fan, but I'm here and it's good, so I'll check it out. And you know what, over Promised, that's our bonus pod. I thought we had a great show yesterday, episode one fifty.
Speaker 2: We talk about.
Speaker 1: Awesome or Get Daddy pitching celebrations.
Speaker 2: On the Mound based on your boy on the Mets, Rich.
Speaker 1: Plus the Next Action Star, And I love how you always.
Speaker 2: Put our show in your weekend Hub.
Speaker 1: That's right, Relationships during the football season, we break it down on over Promised right here on our you Tube page for free. All right, Quarterback Danny. There's a show on Netflix. I think I'm gonna watch.
Speaker 3: Well about Hard Knocks on HBO.
Speaker 7: On HBO, I.
Speaker 2: Think that's definitely worth to watch. And uh Comino.
Speaker 1: You love trashy reality shows? Do you see that? You know that how uh Howry Dousing this guy that he's on all these reality shows. There's a new Netflix dating show and all the girls on the show are very good looking, so you might want to watch it, sounds Mary Harry.
Speaker 7: How we all right?
Speaker 3: Rich? Also on HBO Monsters of God, the guy who brought us Tiger King. This is about the Underground World of Animals. Smugly h.
Speaker 1: That is something you would definitely watch. Daddy all listen, we'll see you guys on Monday. Until that, have a great weekend, Ariba, Dacy baby, see you and the Promise man.
Speaker 3: Bye guys.
Speaker 2: Oh, happy birthday to me, Happy birthday.