Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle. Before we get into the episode, I wanted to talk to you guys about a new thing I'm doing where you can help support my lizard endeavors by becoming a Premium member of this podcast over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Premium members, or gek Legends, as I call them, we'll be able to get every new and existing episode of Therapy Gecko completely ad free. They'll also get a bonus podcast episode once a month, a bonus live show episode once a month from all of the live shows I've been doing around the world, a member's only live stream once a month. Plus you'll also support my ability to continue, hopefully doing this podcast for a long time, doing it around the world, and also supporting my ability to occasionally go eat a slice of pizza. Go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description to become a gek legend today. All right, let's get into the episode. Hey, what's up man?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: What's up? God?
Speaker 1: King?
Speaker 3: Get how you doing?
Speaker 1: Uh? Is this Parker? Yes, sir, what's up Parker? How's life dude?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie to you, all right, fucking sucks. All right, all right, well where do you want me to start?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: It's it kind of sounded like you were about to start before you asked me where you wanted where I wanted to start, And I want you to start where you were just about to start.
Speaker 3: You know what, I got a good damn point right there. I'll start right away. Okay. So working at Papa John's right, flipping the dough making his Uh, all right, I meet this girl. I uh fallen head over heels with her. Right, I got a buddy. Yeah, I won't mention the names.
Speaker 1: Grew up with him.
Speaker 3: You know, all throughout elementary school, uh, through middle school, high school, we were buddies. And me and this girl, you know, we really vibe. Everything was really really good. You know, it was beautiful. You know, we're going out doing stuff, going to concerts, kicking it. And then you know, as it turns out, Uh, she has a thing, foresaid, homie, and this is a this is a big kicker. Here, I should mention a polyamorous relationship, okay, and just a quick thing that I can say.
Speaker 1: You are in your phone, sucks. You were in a polyamorous relationship. I was.
Speaker 3: I was in a polyamorous relationship, and what.
Speaker 1: Kind of phone I want to I promise you were going to talk about what you want to talk about? What phone do you have?
Speaker 3: Okay? This is a Samsung. We'll see that came out like two years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, well this is what's the opposite of an advertisement. That's what this is for Samsung. Okay, continue, you're you're you are in a polyamorous relationship.
Speaker 3: It was in a polyamorous as it turns it out. You know, she has a thing for my friend and she starts to say, you know, what would happen if me and him did something? You know, It's like.
Speaker 1: Uh, in my mind, did your phone your phone mate? You're suck too much for us to do this?
Speaker 3: I understand completely. Uh Is this is this better?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Just stand still and talking like that? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, in fact, I'm just gonna put it right here. Is that better?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay? Continue?
Speaker 3: Okay, So long story short, We're dating in about like six months. Nothing crazy. I'm chilling downstairs in my room and I was we were gonna watch Harry Potter or something, right. I end up falling asleep and I wake up at about three o'clock in the morning to her and my childhood best friend having sex. So yeah, I didn't know what to do in that situation, so pretty much I broke down, she leaves. She says that I ruined a really like special thing for her, is what she said when it happened. And I was really like, kind of confused, as if, you know, she couldn't really read the situation, you know what I mean, Like, I just walked in on my childhood best friend who told me that he had no interest in her whatsoever. That I walked in on them, fucking you know.
Speaker 1: Let me get on some thing. OK, all right, so your phone, Brandon, let's keep all the phones. I want people to know what we overcame, because your phone sounds a lot better. So Brandon, don't cut out any of this guy's phone being shitty, because it's I feel like you and I accomplished something together by even having this conversation right now, and I want people to know about it.
Speaker 3: I completely agree.
Speaker 1: Then the first thing, don't cut out any of that. But we normally cut it out, remember I don't. We're leaving it all in for this call. Okay, the phone was being shitty and I didn't hear you you are in a polyamorous relationship, correct.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Okay? And or what wasn't one you you broke up with this girl?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, okay, But.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm Here's what.
Speaker 3: I'm honestly, this is a two parter. I should say, this is a little bit of a two parter, and it gets really crazy.
Speaker 1: I want to hear the second part. But okay, I guess Here's here's where I'm confused about. Is you entered a relationship. You entered a relationship with this girl where the confines of the relationship where that you were both okay with each other sleeping with other people?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, But and was did at any point did you make it clear to her that, like, you know, maybe not my friends, maybe we got like at any point did you guys set boundaries of any kind at any point?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, so okay, well at the very beginning of our relationship, so uh, the concrete ones that kind of you know didn't stand obviously, we're please don't fuck any of my friends, and uh, because we also work together, right, So I was also like, I would prefer you not sleeping with any of my coworkers either, that would be cool. But yeah, so do you want me to go ahead and get into the nitty gritty the second part?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Sure, what's the second part?
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the second part. Now, I should I should reiterate. I'm a very lonely gamer boy, all right, very lonely. I spend my time grinding Elden Ring and Dark Souls and getting pissed off. That's like that's my ship, you know, hot Miami. Anything that's like really difficult continue, all right, you know? So all right, so I'm a little stupid and decided, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna stay working here because she's leaving. Cool. I'm working there, kicking ass like always. You know, I used to be able to do these cool fucking pizza dough tricks and all sorts of shit. Everyone everyone was hyped up about it. It's really it was a great job. Honestly, I liked it. But she left. She ends up coming back, right, and this is after about three months or so, So I'm still ruffed, roughed up, I'm still raw, still angry, upset. She comes back and she's talking to me and apologizes. I I I don't necessarily accept the apology, but I was more so like, Okay, yeah, we know what, we can keep it civil and stay friends or whatever. Because we're working together, we should probably like keep it cool. But you know, I mean it didn't stay like that. You know, we started hanging out more, and then we almost like kind of almost got back together, and then got back together with her, and then she, after about like a couple of weeks, was like, ah, I think I think we should just be friends, you know, because after what happened, it's really stressful. And I was like, you know what, that makes sense, you know, let's do that because this is really stressful for me. I don't want to be in a relationship, and she didn't want to be in a relationship. So we're just gonna call it off, call it quit friends, you know what I mean. So what ends up happening is we're we're not friends, just chilling and and it stayed that way see for about three or so months, and then we're watching the last of US TV show and we get to the last episode and I do find this kind of funny that we literally finished this series and then yeah, immediately U left to do but going like yeah, man, no, no, no, it was a time where oh yeah, no, it's understandable. Uh, understandable. I did miss a couple of parts. I'm a little mixed match with my with my story. So I mean, are are you able to tag along on this? We're going to go back a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just a little bit. Okay, I'm you know what, I the second part of the what's the what? I you know what? And I and I you want to know I'm with you, I'm with you, but and I mean this in like, sincerely, what's the point? What's the crocs? What's going on? You know? You guys watching?
Speaker 2: You want to know what?
Speaker 3: You want to know the gritty?
Speaker 1: Yes, you want to know what's happening?
Speaker 3: All right, God King, all right, God King, get I'll tell you. Please we finish the last of us. We've been hanging out a lot, chilling. She starts crying. Uh. Only after I had start saying, I start saying, hey, it's kind of like bothering me that you are now talking to my friend that I live with upstairs and he's not here a lot. And then I'm like, you know, I don't feel comfortable with you if you guys get in a relationship. I want to move out because I would be forced to watch this clockwork orange style. Everything just burned, you know, and I didn't want to do that because I lived in the basement. So I just kind of flat out said that. She turns to me and she goes, I'm pregnant. No, I I heart sinks. I uh fall onto the ground. Just I stood up and I was like, you're joking. No, no, you're ug fuck it with me. And then she was like, no, I am, and I was like.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 3: And then I go upstairs. This dude fast asleep. I bang on his door. I open it. I'm like, hey, what the fuck? And then he lets out a sigh, like like a ah shit, here we go again, man, you know, let's out a sigh. And then I just lose it. I go downstairs and I just start crying constantly, and it really messes It really messed with my head because I had gotten into this relationship when I was very like lonely, and it wasn't like me getting with her out of desperation. It was literally like I genuinely loved her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's pregnant with who's child?
Speaker 3: My roommate and childhood best.
Speaker 1: Friends because she's pregnant with his child's.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, And.
Speaker 1: Okay, Parker, dude, I guess, I guess. I guess what I guess. What I don't understand, what I don't understand. What I don't understand is like, so you were crying because you were upset about like you, there's a lot of things in here that I just don't understand.
Speaker 3: You, Okay, explain it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you were being friends with you were you agreed to just be friends with this girl even though you still were in love with her or liked her a lot? Yeah? Okay, And then it was it was because I but you see why that's you see why that's a fuck up, right, because you're because here's the thing. If you're if you're agreeing to be just friends with this girl, she can do whatever the fuck she was. You going to have ten babies, ten different guys, all around on different planets, and that has nothing to do with you, because you have no say in anything that she has to do. Ever, and you accept that when you are cool with her being in your life in a non romantic way, and you understand that.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah? Yeah, And It wasn't really like out of me wanting to like control the situation or anything, you know, because I wanted her to do her thing. It was just it was more of like a he's really scummy.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't, dude, why are you Parker? Parker? What are you doing? What do you do it? Parker? Do you know how short life is? Do you really do you have any idea? What do you like? Just? Do you do you still live with these people?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. I moved out a couple of months ago. Good, Yeah, I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I want you to know, I I I feel for you. I know you feel really upset because you were good. This was your fucking boy, and you really genuinely like this girl, bro. And I get because you tell me you're a lonely gamer boy and you finally meet this girl and things are going well and then ship just ends up like this and it's bad. Like I want you know, I get you, I get you, I get you. I do. But first of all, thank your lucky stars that that's not your kid, Okay, because since year twenty, okay, it shouldn't have been crying. I mean, I get I get while you were it was an emotional thing. My I say, you shouldn't have been crying. But thank god it's not your kid, because you're not ready to have it, yid, And so thank your fuckings. You're actually like you you got out of this so good, Parker. You did, You're You're, you're you. That friend obviously had his own thing going on and what it wasn't you know, and that girl obviously was not the best situation for you. You got out of this good, Parker. I hope you know that. I know you're looking at it like you were fucked over and this was a tragedy and you're a lonely gamer boy and no one will ever love you. That's not none of that shit is true. You got out good. Do you do you understand? Do you can? I know there's I know, I'm removed from the situation. I don't have the same emotions about it as you do. But do you understand the perspective at which I'm coming at this from?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, okay, it takes a long time, you know to swater swallow that tail.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, yeah, dude, good good Because by the way, and I the whole thing of like, can you be friends with I don't think you can be friends. I don't think you can be friends with somebody that you have a crazy amount of affection with. I think that's and that sucks. But like like you, it's just gonna be painful for you. It's just gonna be painful for you. And that's how it ended up. Ended up with you crying on the floor. I don't know what. I guess I get why you were crying. But you you're fucking lucky. Bro. You You are not fit to have a kid right now. You're not, which is cool because you're twenty three. You're not supposed to be. Yeah, you you, and I mean you're not. You got You're gonna have no time for elden Ring if you have a kid. Think about that for a second, About how little elden Ring you're with a child screaming in the other room. I'm all right, your phone's being shitty again now, Parker.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck, I know why?
Speaker 1: Hang on?
Speaker 3: That was my bad. I picked it up. I picked it up. I said, that's my bad. Mill all right now.
Speaker 1: Park I don't all right now, I'm done talking about your friend and this girl. Let's talk about you. How long ago did all this happen.
Speaker 3: Uh, so I got the news, uh mid March. Mid March is when I got the news.
Speaker 1: Got the news. It's like I had just didn't even have anything really to do with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was more like it just because we Okay, so we had agreed to like stay friends or whatever. But the thing is is that she agreed that like also constituted him as well. And that agreement because since all three since I lived in that house, he lived in that house.
Speaker 1: All right, disagreement. I'm sorry, I Parker. I want you to know. I'm I'm I'm rooting for you in life, but this agreement sounds really stupid, and I'm really glad that you're not.
Speaker 2: It was I'm not.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, I'm done. I said I was done talking to these people. I I fucked up. I asked you more questions about it. That's my bad, Parker. Uh, what do you do for a living or are you in school? I?
Speaker 3: Uh, well, I used to build gaming computers, uh for CLX, but I actually got laid off about a month ago. So I just kind of lived with my parents now on a popped air mattress with some with some pillows, some blankets. Oh yeah, I got I got my I got my fan, I got Well, I don't have a desk yet, so so my desk, all my like my big stuff is still over there because I don't have a way to move all my big stuff, so like my mattress like all that kind of ship, my desk is still actually at that house.
Speaker 1: And I confirmed confirmed, you've confirmed my suspicions that you are not remotely ready to have a child, which is okay, which is okay, I'm a child. Okay. In fact, I you're you're you're you're doing. I want you to know what you're doing. Great, Parker, Okay, all right, you live on air mattress in your mom's basements. That's great. What do you do? You do you? Are you doing anything? Do you Are you in school? Are you working on anything? Uh?
Speaker 3: Man, I've been applying at places and got no luck. Man, Honestly, I've been turned down so many times, so many good interviews. Yeah, no, nothing's working out. It's looking really grimy. Ship really sucks.
Speaker 1: What do you what do you want to? What do you what do you I'm not even saying that, and like a toxic positivity ship, I'm just you. I can tell from the way that you've been talking this entire time that you're just beating yourself up for no reason, and I genuine genuinely in this conversation want to get you to not be doing that. Okay, what do you what do you? What do you want to do with your life?
Speaker 2: Parker?
Speaker 3: Well, ideally, you know, I got a buddy and he draws, He draws manga. His his whole main thing is he wants to be like a really big artist. He he's fucking amazing, dude, fucking amazing. It's ship's like jojo uh and my whole thing, me and him. I want to write stories and make comics and have like so many ideas for like sci fi stories. I really want to be like a a screenplay writer something to do with like film. But that's like it's like my my big dream, you know, because I have so many ideas, man, so many ideas, so many.
Speaker 1: It's not a bit, it's not do you want to Let's I want to get with you on some okay, you want to make? It sounds that you want to make stuff you like you want to make, whether it's drawing things or making little movies or things like that. That's am I on the right page with that? Uh yes, okay, you can you can you can do that. You can do that. Do you have an idea? You have so many ideas, that's what you said.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, dude, so many.
Speaker 1: For ideas for what for movies I've written?
Speaker 3: Uh see, like movies, comics. Ideally I would like to do like animation, not to be like a weave, not because I mean I love anime, you know, but like only like the good ones, not the smelly ones. Okay, So I really want to have like a dark, gritty, elder ring kind of story, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So the reason why I start, the reason why I said it's not a big dream is because what you saying it's and I'm kinda I'm gonna I'm gonna go I'm going to go motivational guru guy on you right now, because that's how I'm feeling you're saying it's a big dream. Is in my eyes, You're like, it's just you putting a thing that's actually right. It's you taking a thing that's just right in front of you, and you're on your your shitty air mattress room. It's right that you're the dream. It's right there in that shitty room, and you're thinking you're placing it on another planet when it's not. It's right there in your shitty room. Because you can start doing those ideas now. You can start drawing right now. You can start making movies right now on your iPhone. You can start creating comics, you can start writing things, you can start sharing things to the internet right now. You can just start doing those things. And I just would So, I'm just would so much rather you be doing that instead of indulging in the melodrama of these two people that I don't give a shit about that you shouldn't give a shit about. And you also and and by the way, if you had a kid, I wouldn't tell you any of this. If you have a kid, I'd be like, yeah, there's are If you had a kid, I'd be like, you can work on that Elden Ring comic. Never you just you can't do it because you have to take care of you. But you don't have to do that. You're so I just you're beating the ship out of yourself when you could. You have so many cool things you could be doing. And this is fuck this is something I told someb buddy h today on this fucking live stream, is you you have so many things to be excited about and I want for you. And I, by the way, I get it because I beat the ship out of myself constantly too, I do. And just do me a favorite. And the next time you're about to beat the ship out of yourself and say that you're a piece of shit gamer guy thing, replace those thoughts with thoughts of how excited you are to write this Elden Ring comic thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're right, because yeah, it's like it's a big issue that I have. It's like I always have these dreams, but you know, I always feel like I'm kind of stuck at the starting line, redlining the fuck out of my engine. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Starting line is sick starting place to be. The starting line is a fantastic place to be. So do me a favor, and I get it. I understand the brain. I mean I don't, I'm stupid, but I anecdotally I understand the brain and I get that it's gonna it wants you to marinate in this stupid thing with this girl and with this guy and take you away from the wonderful world of cool ideas that you have, and I just want you to notice every time that that's happening and correct it and start working on this fucking comic and just making stick and just making making things instead of marinating in this this situation, which again I must remind you, you got out good. And maybe one day, Parker, you'll make it big, or not not even make it by fucking I hate. I hate the idea of making it big. Maybe one day you'll start to earn a living writing on the internet, which is something that thousands and thousands of thousands, thousands of people are out there doing, and maybe you can use some of that money to get a phone that works, and then you can call me back and we can have a better conversation where I can hear the things that you're saying.
Speaker 3: Did it get worse?
Speaker 1: No, it's actually not that bad. Okay, Parker, I'm going to shut up. How do you feel about all the things that we're talking about?
Speaker 3: You know, I it feels really really good because honestly, like because in a situation like this, I I can't talk about it really without causing a bunch of shit, because yeah, you know, it's just so messy.
Speaker 1: It's just you can't talk without causing a bunch of shit.
Speaker 3: Honestly, that's really just not you know what. That's a cope. You know I can't because I'm not even like associated with them anymore. So why does it matter?
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I don't like these people are doing nothing producting productive for you in your life from the.
Speaker 3: Way exactly, like I don't even Yeah, like it was, it was.
Speaker 1: It was rough.
Speaker 3: It was so rough, the amount of like manipulation and gas lighting. Just it was really weird, man, because I usually can snip out bullshit pretty well, but like like really really well, Like I got like bost my parents police, I've got like hiding ship dude. Like, dude, if your parents are cops, you've got to be like row when it comes to hiding ship. It's not the first place.
Speaker 1: So it's like, what are you What are you hiding?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Like weed?
Speaker 1: Oh so you're twenty three, smoke weed and blow it in a cops face? Who gives a ship?
Speaker 3: Oh dude, we're booling now, we're cool now. It was just that was back like that was when I was growing up, you know what I mean, had to had to be very careful because sometimes I would come home and see my my container open on my bed with all my ship laid out, and I'll just be like, yep, yep, here we go, Here we go. Let the interrogation happens, Parker.
Speaker 1: Do you have any before we leave? Do you have any final thoughts, feelings, or sentiments or of things that you want to say?
Speaker 3: Uh? One important thing if if you know, if be careful, you know it goes for like chat or really anybody. If if you're monogamous and someone that you really really love the company of is is Polly, and you think to yourself, Man, you know, what's what's the man, what's the worst.
Speaker 2: That could happen?
Speaker 3: Ah, think of me? Because it is not good.
Speaker 2: It's not good.
Speaker 3: Uh, We're we're going to be moving into a better headspace. So this this really really helped me out. Man, h God King Ghek as I as I call you. I have never called you by a different name. I'm just letting you know that right now, God King Ghek right here.
Speaker 1: Thanks man, I'm really fucking Protos was really reving up every time I hear.
Speaker 3: That Protosla B Protos Slayer got them gun Bro I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yell at and I'm gonna go find an assistant and yell at them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do it, do it, man, that's how make your blood pressure spike. Show him, show him whose boss pop those vessels?
Speaker 2: My guy.
Speaker 1: Have a good night, Parker, thank you man.
Speaker 3: How good night, gek.
Speaker 1: Man. All you know. I feel like I've talked about this so much on this podcast. I know, I don't I'm not. I don't know what to do with like relationship things. They're hard because in relationship you're a You're your only leverage in relationships is your own choices. But it's so hard because we want so badly for our control to go outside of those bounds and into making other people feel things or do things or not do things. But you gotta fucking accept that you can't do that. I don't know. I hope Parker makes shitty comment. I just want. I want Parker to be happy drawing shitty comics on this shitty air mattress and sitting there basking in gratefulness that he does not have a child, because that's a great life that he's I know. I know he keeps saying it's shitty, but it's it's a great life. I'm being dead serious, so enjoy it. Parker, Peter, Parker, Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Hello Ola, which is hello in Spanish?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It is, thank you dude?
Speaker 2: Is this the gek? This mad?
Speaker 1: Are you a Spanish teacher? Uh?
Speaker 2: If you want to learn how to say hello? Yes, but any other.
Speaker 1: Way I want I want the truth. I don't want any lies. I want the truth. Are you a Spanish teacher?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: No, Okay, We're off to a good start.
Speaker 2: Dude, this is exciting. I've wanted to be on your show for so long.
Speaker 1: Well fuck, yeah, man, it's good to talk to you. What's your name?
Speaker 2: Uh, my name is for now for.
Speaker 1: Chris. It says your name is Chris now Chris.
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Well but.
Speaker 1: It says here you wanted to talk about gooning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not? Because uh, I've never really talked about it with anyone except like one person a long time ago, and she's been a thing that's been on my mind. Do you know you're aware of what it is?
Speaker 1: Right? I am friends with the porn star Kazumi who Yeah, once.
Speaker 2: I saw your episode with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was the one who introduced me to the concept of gooning. And she tried to explain it to me for like a pretty long time, and I still really had kind of don't understand it. So do you want to go ahead and explain it to the people listening?
Speaker 2: I would absolutely love to. Ever since I saw that episode, Like when I was watching, I was like screaming at the TV, like no, say this, say this like she did. She gave an okay explanation, but it was sort of kind of all over the place. But okay, So here's how I understand it. How I've come to know is I don't know. I just stumbled upon some video on you know, the porn's sites. At one point, this term gooting kept coming. Anyway, it's basically when you're watching porn and edging, specifically edging like as much as you can for as long as you can without you know, coming and like basically just fucking frying her brain with as much porn as possible, kind of trying to turn it into a marathon. Like it's fucking insane. These people, there's like this whole subculture like the Internet, you know, which the effort that is famous for, especially the porn sex world. But like, dude, these people. I mean I'm one of them, don't get me wrong, but some of these people are really into it that are like off the deep end. It's like, like I found this subreddit called goon caves. These dudes picture posting pictures that they're like they're porn set up like their bedrooms and stuff. They have like dedicated to porn. Like you'll see like fucking three four giant HDTVs, projectors, like literally anything that with a screen, iPads, iPhones, like just set up like multiple screens, all go all going all playing porn like for hours on end. It's fucking It's weird, dude, Now it's the weird.
Speaker 1: Do you lie on this spectrum? How what does your goon cave look like? Uh?
Speaker 2: Pretty pretty basic honestly, just a TV like fuck my laptop up to it. There was a point where I'll admit I was inspired and I tried the whole thing with Like I set up extra computer minders that I had laying around Like that was fun, but it was like, wait, what the fuck is the point of this? Like I can only focus on one at a time.
Speaker 1: That's well, I'll say I've I myself have done the thing where like I'll have you know, I've looked, I've I've taken a step back once and noticed that I've had like thirty tabs of porn up. Oh yeah, so like, oh yeah, that's but I've never introduced a second monitor. I've never been and then on my laptop and on my TV screen, although I do have free night tonight, so who.
Speaker 2: Knows what hey never saying now.
Speaker 1: It also says here that you do you consider this, Oh, this is you consider this to be an addiction? This is something that.
Speaker 2: Is Yeah, that's the whole other that's I was gonna say that, that's a whole other component to it. That's like a lot of gooners like they're almost proud, and some of I feel like they're like like they've come up with it, came up with this term porno sexual, meaning like like people that literally have decided no sex, no relationship, I just want to jerk off the porn. Wow. That's and they're like.
Speaker 1: This is this is an interesting thing. And I think I did talk to Consume me about this a little bit, but I'm not sure. But okay, so this is an interesting thing. The idea of somebody who has made a decision that they are not going to pursue any kind of sexual relationship in their lives, that they are not that they're just going to be pornosexual and they have decided to be proud of it and not to be shameful about it. And no, I'm not a scientist, I'm a gecko, but I do think there is something interesting, perhaps freeing, about making a definitive life choice like that and making it confidently. You know what I'm saying, because yeah, can remove all sense of shame from your addiction. How is it hurting you? Probably in several ways. I'm not mean, but I do think about things like, no.
Speaker 2: I understand like and I have thought about that too. I thought about it a lot, and I feel like there's sort of two camps and maybe there's some gray area in between. But I feel like most of if not all, the guys and very few some when but mostly guys who are pornosexuals or who would identify as that, Like most of them are not like if they're totally like, yeah, I'm proud of this, it's usually in denial, like you know, you know what? Yeah, yeah, it is the form of like.
Speaker 1: Because I could see, like, if you're a guy and it just hasn't happened. This is just not happening for you out there, and you're like, dude, fuck it up. You know, having five monitors of porn is what makes me happy in life, and you've made that executive decision for yourself and you want to be shamefree about it. I could I could see that being a legitimate lifestyle to live.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, now I come to you. Yeah, yeah, I was gonna so I didn't really I didn't really answer your question where I fall on that spectrum. Yeah, like what my so currently Like normally for me, it's like every night, like maybe an hour or two, like sometimes every other night, but usually every night, and you know, one monitor, one video at a time. I've gotten it down to the like what feels normal again, there was a point like this really blew up in twenty twenty. You know, everybody got locked inside and stared at their screens. You know, fucking I went into a like I said that, like experimenting when it was all new to me. It was like, well, it was kind of like discovering porn for the first time when you're a teenager again. You know, it's like holy shit, you know, it's just.
Speaker 1: Overwhelming, like second and third modelor.
Speaker 2: Well that and also when I discovered, okay, here's a whole other component. There's so we could write a fucking book on this, dude. This whole other component is the videos that people make. Dude, like like dudes that people are like they spend their time. Some of them even like have uh like Patreon sites that you can donate to them and they'll keep making more porn. But they're not even making porn. They're taking porn that's already up and cutting it and like making compilation videos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen that. I've seen that. So basically, yes, I've seen I've seen these goon videos. Basically people will yeah, based so the way it gets deep because somebody will make a goon video where it's actually they splice up in one frame three different porn videos, like it's on like a grade or.
Speaker 2: Four or four or five or five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so you have you can have like six monitors and on each monitor is six different porn videos playing, which do the math that's thirty six yep, and then if and then depending on how many people on each video, that's like seventy two sets of genitals that you're staring at.
Speaker 2: That's so many, so many.
Speaker 1: And now let me ask you this, how has this pornography addiction seeped into your real life? Has it had negative effects on you as it a positive effects on you?
Speaker 2: Funny enough, a lot of both, honestly, Like let's start especially because let's start.
Speaker 1: With the positive ones. Tell me the positive ones, all.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, Well, when I sort of like got into this, when it sort of came into my world, like I said, it was sort of like discovering porn for the time, and at some point it just kind of like, I mean, it made me like think about being more conscious of my consumption of porn. It's like, well, I've just gotten kind of used to this, like ever since I was, you know, fourteen, maybe even early a little earlier, it's been a regular thing, like a lot of guys, you know. But then out of nowhere, I was like, wait a minute, my whole life, I've been doing it the same way. I'm hunched over in the bathroom or my room or something, and I don't watch even like a full video. I'm like doing it quickly and shamefully so like but at this point, you know, the pandemic is in full swing, like twenty twenty when I.
Speaker 1: What Okay, I asked you if you could tell me the positive benefits of.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, yeah, I'm getting to do that on your life.
Speaker 1: And the one positive benefit of your porn addiction so far in your own work, Yes, it has been very has alerted, it's very freeing.
Speaker 2: Yes, But also that's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's the point of the positive.
Speaker 2: I wasn't trying to say that was the positive. I'm trying to set up the story. I kind of ramble.
Speaker 1: Don't even tell me a story.
Speaker 2: Tell me, okay, okay, right, the positive. I have overcome a lot of shame, like because this has been like shoving in my face, like hey, look, this is the thing that's happening in your life, you know, like quite literally, like you're screaming at me, and like it's been like you know what, I can't ignore this anymore. I gotta you know, It's made me focus more on myself, like my emotional mental health, Like I notice now like I'm trying to practice a lot of mindfulness and stuff, and I'm actually like gotten a lot better at like lately my like I've noticed whenever I try to quit, the harder I try, the harder it comes back, you know, like you just repress it, Okay, and it just bounces back like a spring again.
Speaker 1: Chris, all right. The only it sounds like the again. The only positive trait that you give me so far is that it has alerted you to the fact that you have a born addiction. What are some of the negative ways this has affected your life?
Speaker 2: Uh? For a while when it was bad, like I feel like I'm past the worst of it, I'm getting better. But when it was bad, I would do it like multiple times a day, like sometimes first thing when I wake up, just because I had nothing to do, especially during the pandemic. Uh. It's taken a lot of hours of my life, a lot of energy, a lot of time and energy that I could have been using to better myself, you know, get closer.
Speaker 1: Are you going to say, God.
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to say, like an actual human relationship, but sure, yes.
Speaker 1: But tell me, do you have a job.
Speaker 2: Do I have a job? That what you said? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, what's your job?
Speaker 2: I work at a stamping place, So I sit at a giant machine take little metal parts from one pile stamp it in the machine, put it in the other pile for eight hours a day.
Speaker 1: All right, so you have a very repetitive job.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, listen to a lot of podcasts and music.
Speaker 1: What do you want to do with your like, what's do you have any dreams?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a musician and mainly a drummer right now, I'm actually I'm moving to the cities to basically, you know, get connected with more musicians. Like I'm moving into a house full of musicians. That's exciting. I feel like I'm I feel like I'm at a point where.
Speaker 1: I'm Would you ever consider making a song about your point? Addition?
Speaker 2: Absolutely yeah, because I mean you could technically say I already have because I do write like poetry, lyrics and stuff that, like my writing style is sort of vague, like I'm talking like my music is more about pain in general than specifically what has caused me pain. But like I mean there's definitely sexual lyrics I have. So yeah, I want to write more about it because it's such a It's been such a wild write man, I can't not write sort of write this ship down, whether in just writing or in music form.
Speaker 1: You know, like see when I asked you. I gave the opportunity to tell me if there was any positives to this, and one of the positives of your born it seems to be is that it has inspired some great poetry.
Speaker 2: I guess it has. Yeah, a lot of other stuff too that was sexual.
Speaker 1: I've had a very I'm gonna christ say this. I think I think it's good that you're doing things that aren't porn. If you had told I'm glad that you had to have the music in the poetry because if he was just born.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so oh yeah, dude, me too.
Speaker 1: But you got how old are you? Twenty three and you live in Minnesota?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are there? Are there? Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you gay? Straights?
Speaker 2: I'm straight? I like the females.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's I feel like that could be. One of the reasons why you're not having a lot of sex is because of what you just said. But you're also a musician and that's attractive to some people. So there's hope for you. I think I believe in you, Chris. I believe in your ability to kick the goooning addiction, get really into poetry and use that to seem cool and interesting.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Thanks man, of course the composition helps.
Speaker 2: Yes, very much, especially because I know that strangers are listening.
Speaker 1: But I'm not saying it sounded like a sexual thing just now.
Speaker 2: No, I would just want to say, like anybody out there, if you're struggling with this, like, you're not alone. It's normal. We live in a really fucked up world. We're all addicted to screens, whether it's porn or not.
Speaker 1: So it's true.
Speaker 2: I love you. You're gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: It's true. It's true. Man, if you're if you're playing like it's true. If you have this stream up on one tab and you're playing fucking Rocket League and another tab and you're texting your mom on another tab, that's basically a porning. That's the same thing as goooning in my opinion. Uh, thank you very much for calling, Chris. I hope you have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. You have a good night, man, Love you.
Speaker 1: Hello, folks, it's Lyle and it's that time again where I end a podcast with a street interview. Yes, that's right, an interview with a real life person that I happen to be actually staring at in the face instead of uh staring I'm not at on the phone, okay. And this one's interesting. This one was done on the streets of Copenhagen, Denmark, which is one of my favorite places in the world. It's a beautiful country. It was voted the happiest country in the world. And I talked to a young man asking him why exactly he thinks that might be the case that people in Denmark are so happy. This is a guy who came up to me on the streets and asked me to chug a beer with him, and I did. That's how the interview starts, and then we got into all kinds of things. We got into the differences between Denmark and America, we got into his life, we got into a little bit of mine. I think, I don't know, I don't remember that much, but you guys will enjoy it. And let's go to the streets of Denmark to talk to a guy right now. Hi? Hello, we are in Hi. Hey, Hello, we are in Denmark with Simon Simon. Yeah, Simon, you came up to me and what was it that you wanted to do today? I want to chug your beer with you? You want to chuck a beer with me?
Speaker 4: Were doing this Kevin and Johann for our work, we have to chug a beer with a random guy. And I thought, well, the gaggle want to chug your beer. I'm I'm I might be the randomest guy here. Yeah, and I love the work beautiful. Okay, what kind of beer is this again? This is a Danish pilsner? Okay, Danish pilsner. Yeah, and all we Danes love our beer, so I usually actually press.
Speaker 1: Down this one because then it goes a little bit quicker. There we go. All right, school school, there we go. That's best. Goddamn all right, Well I'm a Dane. Okay, any tips?
Speaker 4: How do I Well, I don't even know what to do.
Speaker 1: Just chug it. Okay, Hey while I chuck this, can you tell me what your dream in life is? Okay?
Speaker 4: So this January I got my bat and I started my own marketing a bureau, see the marketing So my dream is to build that up as a bureau and have a marketing bureau with the digital marketing.
Speaker 1: Yeah do you what? Do you? What are you trying to market? Well?
Speaker 4: Right now, I study at cbs CO Making Business School, so I love to do like the whole market research and stuff like that, and then with the e commerce I want to be able to help e commerce business to scale even higher on the digital marketings.
Speaker 1: What do you care about just as a person. What are your values just in life? I value mental health a lot. Has your personal mental health.
Speaker 4: Yeah, meditating a lot, focus and saying, oh my sleep and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: That's one of my biggest values. You're feeling generally happy, I would say that. I would say that I do.
Speaker 4: Actually, okay, yeah, I only do what I like, and yeah, I feel comfortable with it.
Speaker 1: Now. I remember reading somewhere, actually I'm just now remembering this that Denmark was voted like the happiest country in the world. Is that is that accurate? We was? We were.
Speaker 4: Sweden took us over. They didn't, Yeah they did. I think it's Sweden. Actually, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but we're a number two or something on the list right now. Okay, but yeah, we were. And I think it's just because of the way we live. We pay a lot of taxes. But by paying a lot of taxes, we get paid to go to school. So instead of working thirty five forty hours a week to be able to pay rent while I study, I get what, that's about one thousand dollars a month to go to school. Really, yeah, So I can pay my rent with that, and then I work on the side on my business and also I am a waiter on the side, so that money I can.
Speaker 1: Use for just every day where you do three things. You have your own business, you have a work job that you do to just make money, and then you have your Yeah, and you get a thousand bucks a month from the government to be a student. Yeah, dude, in the US, you get the government lends you a bunch of money and then you have to give them back like a lot more. Yeah, it fucking is crazy.
Speaker 4: But then again my right now, I think it's what thirty nine percent of all my income up in taxes, okay, thirty thirty five, thirty nine, thirty nine okay, And then when you get to like a certain point, you get up to like the million taxes, and then you get above fifty percent of all your income. So we pay a lot of taxes, but well, health care is free and stuff like that, so we get a lot of things out of it. And I think that's mainly one of the fact is why we are have been voted voted as the happiest people.
Speaker 1: What other things do you think make people in Denmark so happy?
Speaker 4: Well, it's tough to say. Uh, that is one of the toughest toughest subjects to go into, because I I really don't watch the news because I think it's a like there's so much bad energy in news.
Speaker 1: So personally that could be one of the reasons why you're so happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's one of the things. Like I cut off all negative energy.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if.
Speaker 4: A person one of my friends is starting to be negative about me, I just don't talk with them anymore. Okay, tell them I don't want this negative energy in my life because it just tracks me down and my energy is good, goes to the floor.
Speaker 1: And the people you surround yourself with now would just say that they have positive energy? Yeah, definitely. If they don't, I don't talk with them. Okay. All these people that you were that you were hanging out with, how do you know all them? Or they all work with you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: We all uh yeah, we all waiters at the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, and do you guys all get along? Is it pretty uh? Pretty chill? Over?
Speaker 4: Us say that being a waiter at a restaurant, well, especially an hour we are at something called dining six, and they focus a lot on like the employees, so they shake us a world together. So having peers after work and stuff like this just sets up a community within the restaurant that just makes us all friends from day one. Yeah, so I think that's that's a that's a nice things called.
Speaker 1: Now in the US, a lot of like service workers have problems with like unruly customers and people being demanding and people like being shrewd and yelling and stuff. Do you have a similar problem here or or have your clients ale been generally pretty okay?
Speaker 4: Way back, my position is something you call responsible waiter. Okay, So whenever we're in the evening and it's my responsible night, I take over. I see people, I take care of all situations. That's they're So if people are rude, I'll throw them out. We don't want them in our restaurant if they're roots to waiters, people grabbing like our waiters ass or giving them like compliments but in a bad way, like obviously like you're very pretty, that's fine, but that's a tight ass.
Speaker 1: You're going out. You're not hearing it, And how often does stuff like that happen?
Speaker 4: Well, people are drinking when they're at our restaurant because they it's called cool, which is like direct translation is steak, So it's very much steak and beer and wine, and just there's somebody just they don't know how to cope with it, so they get too drunk and then it happens. So I would say that mainly like once once a week when I'm there, but obviously we have other people as responsible at us as well, so it I think it maybe happens a few times a week.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's just in one race run really yeah, And I have a question, tell me this, what do you think about all day? What's like? What would you say is like the most persistent thought on your mind being a success? Being a success? Okay, what success means you?
Speaker 4: Success for me is, and it's a tough, tough thing, but success for me is not primarily money wise, but being happy as I am, being focused on my mindset and being able to in the thirty one of the month, being able to go grocery shopping without having to think about money.
Speaker 1: So it's not having Lamborghinis.
Speaker 4: And stuff like that would be nice. But just not having to be afraid of not being able to pay for my groceries and being alive, that would make me happy.
Speaker 1: There's not from what I've seen just walking around that there's not that much like poverty or anything that just from walking around. I mean I've only been here for like two seconds. But yeah, but no, there's not a lot. There is some. But as well as why.
Speaker 4: We pay all taxes, we help people that are homeless, so they get a lot of money. I would say that actually I don't know the exact amounts because I don't even go into that, but I think it's about like a little more than two thousand dollars a month if you're homeless to be.
Speaker 1: Able to get on your wait. The government will just give people too.
Speaker 4: That if you're citizen you get money if like if you don't have a job or something like that, and then there is some things like you have to apply for jobs and stuff like that before I can get the money. But they have the opportunities to give to get it quite easily.
Speaker 1: I would say, do you like living here? I love it? Would you ever live anywhere else?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I've lived in London so far and I also want to try living in New York and Australia as well, maybe Brisbane, but I will always come back to got Magan.
Speaker 1: How does it compare it to like other countries that you've been to. It's just my.
Speaker 4: Whole home city, home, home country. I think that's that's that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: That's this is where my family is, and I think that's that's it. It's I love it because it's my home. But if I didn't have anyone I've I'm quite easily like transitioning into everywhere and the environment where I'm at, and I'll just be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, by the way, I want to say, I appreciate you sitting out and talk with me. Have I distracted you from your rest of your EXPERI we have thirty minutes to finish it. Yeah, So what else? What else was on the list?
Speaker 4: A lot of things like we have to get a picture with the police. They want to want us to go into a hot dog like shop and make a hot dog and get a video of it.
Speaker 1: Have you making a hot dog? Yeah? Do you think you'll be able to do that? I don't think any would one would allow us to do it? Like a health code violation. So that's why we're not gonna like publicly, I won't tell anyone, but.
Speaker 4: No, And we also got to take a shot of Fana Punka with someone, So we're trying to find someone who has a birthday, because you also have to find someone who has a birthday, and then we want to give that person a fan of punka shot as well and be like, what is fana punka? That's an Italian shot of I think it's twenty seven different herbs. Okay, it's my favorite shot. If people it's never tasted it, and they taste it, they would say that I'm crazy for it's being invited.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is I don't know if you guys are all together, but like there's other groups of people who are like doing a scavenger hunt, and I hope that the whole like if the chugging a beer with a random guy thing is something in all of them. I'll be pretty drunk by the time I'm done with these interviews. Yes, so I'm gonna stay here, stay here and drink some beers. What's your name again, sir Simon Simon? Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go. Excuse me once again, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: Follow this, get go guy, follow Simon on Instagram.
Speaker 1: You're dressed for success. You're killing it. I think you're gonna make billions and billions of Danish kroner, which is like ten US dollars or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yes or something. Thank you, Sam, Thank you so much. Bless you, sir, God, bless you.
Speaker 1: Oh here is there a place we can throw these away? Thank you man, I appreciate it. Thank you, Thank care. Brou Hey, folks, it's Lyle again. If you enjoyed that little interview that I did on the streets of Copenhagen, Denmark, you can find all the little interviews that I did on the streets of Copenhagen, Denmark. I go into the episode description and finding the link to the full YouTube video right there. Or you can go to YouTube dot com slash Lyle forever and look for a video called being a Gecko in Denmark. All right, thank you guys for listening. Ghek bless you all. Ever goes on the line taking your phone calls every night, never goes is teaching you aloud in the mine life. An expert