Speaker 1: Hey all, welcome back to beat Your Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: I'm Joe and I'm Serena and we are.
Speaker 1: Back with the Mentel all roundtable from.
Speaker 3: Hard our speed dating interview style episode.
Speaker 1: There you go. I like that. That was good. Thank you, And our first guest today is Spencer. Spencer, welcome to Batcher Happy Hour. How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm doing better now? Fantastic to see all your glowing.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you?
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: How was How was tonight? How was being back seeing all the guys for the first time in a while.
Speaker 4: I'm assuming it's crazy because you go into this experience and it's this whirlwind and then you just go back to real life and then it's like, okay, I guess I'm just back to my day to day and then it airs things change and we come back here and we have an opportunity to kind of like relive it again. So it was back into the frying band quickly.
Speaker 1: Where do you? Where do you live?
Speaker 5: Dallas? Dallas?
Speaker 1: Sexis any and the guys from your season live close to you?
Speaker 5: Or now?
Speaker 4: We have a couple of Houston guys. We have actually Grand Devin both in Houston. Outside of that, I think we're the only Texas guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, did you see either of those guys before coming back here?
Speaker 4: I did not, But I do have a best friend of mine that was on a few seasons ago that I've known since college and got to spend a lot of time with them.
Speaker 2: So who is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Connor Saley?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, he was on He was on Hannah Brown season correct?
Speaker 5: I think so correct? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, nice, all right, So let's get right into you get looped into the drama pretty quickly, which neither of us were expecting.
Speaker 2: No, let's kick it off with Aaron.
Speaker 3: I would say, that's the kind of chakra of the night for you, I'm assuming of Aaron called out, you know when he said to Jem before he left, there's some people here I feel like aren't here for the right reason, And he admitted to referring to Devin and to Sam n who I think, you know, didn't really surprise anyone.
Speaker 2: That's kind of a shot.
Speaker 3: But he did say after watching it back, he felt like you weren't there for the right reasons either, and that you maybe weren't. That's not true, I don't I want to be correct here. He said that he didn't feel like you were ready for the commitment after watching the way you spoke about your ex and how uncomfortable that made you.
Speaker 2: Were you expecting him to say this? Did you know he might have these feelings?
Speaker 4: Not at all. First off, I don't know anyone who would think that was comfortable subject matter to share on national television. I mean, the extent of what I shared. The only person that knew that up until that point was my mother. So sharing that nerve wracking. Yeah, absolutely, But I'm four years removed from it and there's no emotions there anymore. And when you get distance in space from something, it allows you to see it with a.
Speaker 5: Little more clarity.
Speaker 4: And I've had four years of distance and I've seen it for what it was. When you're in the middle of something, it's tough to see things for what they actually are. Yeah, but it's shocking to say the least. I mean, you know, sometimes guys say something to get air time, and maybe someone wants to be on the beach, but who knows.
Speaker 3: I also think that there's something to be said for like having to speak on a topic that you haven't probably spoken about in depth from start to finish in a very long time, and you might just be kind of like finding your footing as you're revisiting this time in your life that was so long ago.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I actually never spoke about it in its entirety once people had gotten bits and pieces. It wasn't easy for me. It was frankly pretty embarrassing. I didn't want to bring it up to my closest friends and family that, yeah, my ex fiance two months before the wedding leaves and sheets on me and it's not it's not fun, it's you know, not a fun thing to talk about. So yeah, no, I wasn't comfortable talking about it. Thank God that Jen's the woman she is, and she was there and coaxed me through. It gave me the time, the space, the platform to be able to share something that'd been weighing on me and something that I hadn't been able to share in its entirety. But for it to come up or as a reason for me not being ready or an engagement or ready for marriage is the most ludicrous thing that we heard all night tonight. Or it's some pretty pretty out there things I would.
Speaker 3: Say, speaking of out there things, I do want to ask you as well.
Speaker 2: Another thing that tied back to you.
Speaker 3: We saw a lot of guys forgiving or at least giving Sam m a lot of grace tonight when he was in the hot seat, and and you came in a little bit on the stronger side, asking him, or not asking him, but maybe making a statement that you feel like he used the term competition a lot. Do you want to kind of expand on what you meant there and maybe tell us where you feel you stand with Sam.
Speaker 2: I'm sure right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Sam, along with other men, there were other men in the house that use the word competition a lot. And when pertaining to love, I don't think describing what we were in the middle of as a competition is accurate. I think that you can compete to when a sports game. I think that you can compete to try to get a promotion at your job. I don't think you can compete for love, because at the end of the day, it's a two way street. You can want someone to love you as much as as much as you want to, It doesn't mean they're going to love you. You can't make someone love you. You can compete to be able to get more time to show them the person you are you can compete to be able to relay to them important facts about yourself that may sway how they feel. But at the end of the day, it's not a competition. In my eyes, I think a lot of guys get pulled into that competition, especially when there's all these other handsome guys going for the same woman.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: And I also told him that words carry weight, and I think he knows that, and I think some of those words were used to try to win as a competition, and I think he owned up to that to an extent tonight, and that takes I have to credit where credits to because getting up there, knowing what he was walking into that couldn't have been easy. But no, I think he, along with everyone else, deserve deserves to be held accountable for their actions and what they say.
Speaker 1: And you implied Aaron maybe wanting a ticket to Paradise. If they asked you to go to Paradise, would you do it?
Speaker 4: I the last bucket in my life that I want to fill as a relationship, and Paradise has worked for a lot of people. I'm single, and the opportunity comes around, I'm not opposed to meeting my person on the beach. It's obviously worked out for some people, you know, So yeah, I would absolutely be open to it for sure.
Speaker 1: And what would you do? How would you be with Aaron if he was there? Are you guys on bad terms at this point now? Or did you hash it out a little bit? After hash it out a little bit? We're also very different people. I think if someone's look for that, they're not looking for me.
Speaker 5: And I'm okay with.
Speaker 1: The great, great, amazing.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you thanks for taking the time. Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your night.
Speaker 5: Thank you. I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 4: Enjoy your nine too.
Speaker 1: All right. Our second guest stop is a guy we just had on this podcast, but he's bad because Beck Jeremy, welcome back.
Speaker 6: I would like an introduction like UFC when he just like yells it up the.
Speaker 5: Top of.
Speaker 1: Jeremy. How was it seeing everyone tonight?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 6: I mean, you guys have been through similar experiences like I become like brothers with some of these guys.
Speaker 5: So it's great to see everyone.
Speaker 6: It's been months, obviously a long day, but it's we're all in good spirits and the happy to see each other and happy to see Jen again. And happy to watch back some footage and yell at each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're all. We're all good.
Speaker 3: The best part of the tell Alls, at least when you're there filming me as a contestant, is the end. There's such a feeling of relief afterwards.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I feel it's weird because I guess like you take a little break, but you always know that tell all is going to happen and out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah for now. Jen Jen, the woman that you most kind of gage too. How is it seeing her today?
Speaker 6: I always smile around her. She's always wanted to be around, So we're all good. She seems happy, which is important. So yeah, it was good to see her. It was going to catch up very very quickly.
Speaker 1: Jay Bear. Did she give you that nickname at Yeah? No, it jair Bear.
Speaker 6: She came to me in like second week. Yeah, it was pretty early, so jere Bear. I think it's cute.
Speaker 2: It is cute. I like it.
Speaker 3: We did see you jump in though, and somewhat call out Sam m for being there for Daisy or Maria. That was Do you want to expand on that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I was not part of that date at the time.
Speaker 6: I was rooming with Devin. So he came back and like I start, I heard about what happened. I knew it was going to be bad, so I was already interested to see what was.
Speaker 5: Going to happen. I didn't know that happens.
Speaker 6: And I hear him like say it on TV, and I I like, by John dropped, I'll know about you guys, But I was wild our.
Speaker 2: Jaw draft as well.
Speaker 1: Because I mean, he he defended himself and it made sense until he said but then he was like, but then I was happy was Jen. But then you said, well, you didn't know it was Jen because you had already laughed. Yeah, And then I was confused, and I kind of.
Speaker 5: Ye what he said was like he said it was out of context, and he said to his mom like, oh, but Maria and Daisy aren't my type.
Speaker 6: So but then, like he said himself, he thought it was going to be one of them, and you don't find out that and until you're already there.
Speaker 5: So because he went on.
Speaker 1: Thinking it would people so yeah, But in his in his defense, I will say, I do think majority of people thought it was probably gonna be Daisy or Maria.
Speaker 6: Oh no, which he did too. But what he was saying like, that's not his type. So I'm like, okay, yeah, you go, that's very ah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We also saw you speak up at one point kind of in defense of Devin just because he wasn't there tonight. What compelled you to do that and is there anything more that you wish you'd said?
Speaker 6: No, I mean, like I feel like I sort of spoke with that him quickly on our podcast, But first off, he's not.
Speaker 5: Here to defend himself.
Speaker 6: You shouldn't be like, of course you could talk like a little shit, but you can't go in on someone whether there's when they can't talk back to you. And I was friends with him, and I think like the moment that they were talking about was like one of the moments where I was like, oh, I respect this guy, Like he's not.
Speaker 5: Just going to take shit from someone.
Speaker 6: I do think it was the right thing for him to talk to him. If I was in issues, I would have talked to her first time. Might also just get it out of the way.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, how do you feel about Grant being the new Bachelor?
Speaker 5: I think it's a great thing. I don't know about you, guys. I think it's an amazing pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I roomed with him.
Speaker 6: When I was in New Zealand, so I got to know him well. Obviously great looking guy, talented, small or everything, but he's also the type of person who you could just like go it talk to and oh listen and you can have.
Speaker 5: A good conversation with him. I think. I mean, you already know the lines out in the door. So I get in the mansion with him, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see if that's Do you have a question, I do have a question. We saw two tickets to Paradise, which I actually believe is George Clooney. Yeah, Roberts as a sign as well, maybe yeah, probably, Well two tickets have been given outthan Yeah, are you expecting one? And if you get one, are you in?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't expect anything in the slide. I didn't expect to be on the Bachelor rat listen. I I take it like every day, day by day.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going to happen. If it presents itself and I'm single and I'm in like the right mind set, Yeah, I'll go and Jonathan, I keep on my boys, so it'll be fun when we're not all dating with the same exact girl.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that it is.
Speaker 2: That is fun that part.
Speaker 1: All right, Jeremy, thank you very much. We appreciate it. Coming back on. See you guys, go on bye, okay, Sam and sam En is back in the hot seat. Sam, what's up? How are you you? Honestly, you were for the beginning of this, uh the episode, you're the star of the show.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that a good moments.
Speaker 7: I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: Were you expecting to be like kind of one of the main focus points at the beginning of this of.
Speaker 9: Course, because there's a lot of unresolved tension between me and a group of individuals within the house. So I was very happy to actually be put in a position where I can actually unresolve all that, like, to be able to solve that tension.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like you got a lot of flock for wearing that leather jacket.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Dunham slash leather jack.
Speaker 9: We'll find with materials and materials nowadays. Come on, it's twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Was it an easy decision to wear a back out tonight?
Speaker 9: You know, I think it just brings a different order out of me, you know, it brings out hot energy.
Speaker 2: It brings out energy.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying. It brings a different type of side of me. Uh No, honestly, it's just it's iconic. I want to just kind of just make kind of fun of myself, and it's kind of just you know, have a good good time.
Speaker 1: You seem you honestly, you seem much more relaxed and chill. First time we had you have this podcast, you wore a little tense at the beginning, So you seem you seem good.
Speaker 2: I feel like tonight, it's what it's because I.
Speaker 9: Confess my love on it of like a stage, right, I'm like, oh god, this is like, you know, it's like it doesn't feel good ever, right, I was just reliving those emotions.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, do you feel good about your interaction with the guys tonight?
Speaker 9: Yeah, of course, you know. I feel like, uh, instead of building a wall between each other, we.
Speaker 5: Built a bridge.
Speaker 1: And it was very it was very healthy.
Speaker 9: You know, there was a few like there was kind of throwing jobs here and there, but I feel like we conducted ourselves very professionally and just like helled each other. This was the actual first moment on the show where mutual respect to show.
Speaker 1: I thought you handled yourself very well tonight.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 1: I was really impressed the football game. I was after watching the football game with you, I was a little worried, but you came dog out, what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Play with you?
Speaker 1: You were fired up, You were fired up, but no, honestly like I thought you really. I thought you really handled yourself well tonight, Like these situations could be just honestly, really difficult, and of course sometimes it's not really easy expressing how you feel, and I thought you did a good job.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like your main point of conflict tonight was with Aaron when he kind of just rearticulated that he was directing his comment about not being ready for a proposal at you and Devin obviously Devan's out here tonight. How did it feel? Kind of I feel like you assumed that he was talking about you, But yeah, you just hearing him admit it and kind of going back and forth with him about that.
Speaker 9: I kind of knew already, right, Devin and I kind of just Devin, Brian and a few others.
Speaker 1: We kind of rode side by side.
Speaker 9: We two meet each other because we both realized that Hey, we're here to find love, pursuit family, and we're all at different stages in like this journey, right, and everyone has the different approaches, And yeah, it was just you know, my entire time there I was and phantomized, right, and that was it was. It was nice to kind of like kind of showcase that and kind of like you know, say like, hey, like this is what happens when you constantly call a man, a kid, a boy, you know, and then you just pinpoint on times around like lashing out right, like no, it's like, you know, I'm I'm here to find love. I know I might not be ready, but what I do know is I shot every shot I had and yeah, like it might have you know, not gone the wage I was intending it to.
Speaker 1: But uh, there's no regrets when it comes to like did I put it all out there? You know? I literally put it all out there on the fen, you.
Speaker 2: Know, as Joe saying you, did you put it all out there?
Speaker 3: What do you feel like now watching back your entire journey on the show and just reflecting on this first experience with love and relationships, do you feel like you learned that you want to take forward now into your future dating life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, a ton of things, right, like don't call it, don't call yourself a version, rap the bat, don't don't call our wife all that. So it's mainly don't be don't overmanticize the process. I think that's the biggest thing for me was don't overmanticized process and don't take myself so serious. Right, I can be a very goofy, funny viewde just if I'm into like a serious mode.
Speaker 1: I just it's it's a flip switch, right, the lights like switches.
Speaker 9: So for me, it's kind of like, you know, learning from all my experience, like learning from my What's beautiful is that I can see myself, right, so I can actually kind of grow and learn from this. It's like actually watching like tape, you know, and also from other guys, right seeing how they were interacting all this stuff. It's like, in a weird way, like a learning Like it's like a you know, dating one of work. Yeah, and uh yeah, it's basically just taking time to self reflect and growth and what I've done.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we saw that the kind of the three people that you were up against tonight and throughout the season were Aaron Sam, m and Thomas, and it didn't really seem like any of them offered you any sort of apology tonight. I know that you said that, you know, you offered an apology and you weren't expecting or asking for one from anyone else. But was there anything that you were hoping maybe went down tonight that didn't.
Speaker 9: Yeah, of course, Like first, like there's a there's a few other things, but like I, I never placed a trophy.
Speaker 1: That's that was a fallacy.
Speaker 9: But besides that is Yeah, I was really hoping for that they would take some short accountability by the end of the day to each his own. And I'm happy that we're all kind of friends now. But yeah, no, you know it was.
Speaker 1: It was. It is what it is. It can't change that. Yeah, I won't demand it, Sam, Sam, thank you so much for coming back on and taking easy in year flag football leagues, because.
Speaker 9: You do you want me on your team, Joe, Come on, if I was, if I was taking teams, I would pick you.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 1: Finish the sentence. What is the best offense?
Speaker 2: A good defense?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 9: The best defense there was John mitch x pro Seahawks on right week, I'm left wing love brget Sam, whose lane they run every time?
Speaker 7: They ran my lane?
Speaker 1: Every look t they ran my lane every time, and I stopped them. I stopped every point. We'll leave it at that.
Speaker 3: Dam you shine of flight football, and you shine tonight. Congratulations.
Speaker 5: Hey grocery store Joe, what's up?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 10: I hope you don't think I was actually coming at you, because I actually I arg you guys so much. So I'm so sorry because I did. It's like, because you said I've clapping with one hand. That's not a talent.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, damn, girl, like you could show me no long.
Speaker 6: No like what look this is a talent.
Speaker 10: That oh my god, reply no because I actually tagged you and Joe's like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 7: I didn't mean no like.
Speaker 2: Harm Oh wait, I feel like I showed you that. I was like, this is so funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just.
Speaker 3: I swear no no no, no, no hate, no hate.
Speaker 2: That's so sorry.
Speaker 5: That was on me. That was she was talking Jose Chicago hometown hero. We love Joe, We love Joe.
Speaker 2: No, that's very funny that you posted that.
Speaker 3: I love it when you guys interact with stuff that we're saying on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Can your you live it? Do you still live in Chamber?
Speaker 5: Yes? I do so.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're a Woodfield mall guy.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, yes, I do you miss it at all? Man, you needn't come back.
Speaker 10: And I mean there's a lot of new Stoffman. They got an export builts over here. You got a lot of good restaurants. You guys come through. I'll show you guys a good time in Schomberg. Joey Telligence.
Speaker 11: Where Schomberg, Schomberg is.
Speaker 1: It's it's like a it's a Chicago suburb. It's it's probably so. I'm from Melrose Park. It's probably like one. It's like twenty five minutes from my house.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, Joey from Melos Parks Park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sage boy, I'm from Malros But you guys have Johnny's beef. You guys got a Giants beat somewhere close over there. One in Arlington Heights, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: There is one of Longton Heights. And there's one over Bye. That's Ols. That's OL's over by us. I went to U s.
Speaker 1: Okay, nice. Sorry, we probably need this step. We need to talk a little more.
Speaker 2: Butler, Yeah, the show you're talk about that so.
Speaker 1: Joe, I'm sorry, we are we're going to talk about we you know, we got a few minutes here, but I'm gonna go backwards. I'm gonna go backwards. Actually you get a ticket? Well, okay, why the fun would you let that tarantula on your lap?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 1: I get And you said it too, You said like I did it for Yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Were with you when because we were like, don't do it, don't shoot it when and then when you were like, I did it last time for Jaen, why would I do this? Like what are you going to offer me? I was like, damn straight, you better negotiate right now.
Speaker 10: With you the whole time, my girl, I appreciate you. But yeah, I mean they offered me a ticket to periodise. So I was like, okay, maybe it was definitely well worth it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did the right, you made the right and you know what, they got it off you pretty quick. I thought for sure they're going to have that time.
Speaker 5: Oh girl, girl, that was a long time.
Speaker 10: No no, no, no, no, that was a long time. Don't don't that was a long ass time. And the thing is he got it like moving and wiggling at the end, and I was like, you better get that ship, Get that ship, get that ship.
Speaker 1: Again. What if it just like like laid eggs on you or something. I have that because that's what I thought I was gonna ask.
Speaker 2: That's my fig hear. Why would you say that.
Speaker 1: That's the most random thing.
Speaker 5: Laid eggs. I mean, not even bike being He's just laid eggs on you. He was just breathing on my fucking lap.
Speaker 2: It was terrifying. You're so rave, you're so ray, So.
Speaker 1: What is your all right? So great?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 1: You get the you get a ticket to Paradise. This is kind of the first time we've ever seen them do this. You're got any strategy or what's your mindset going into this now?
Speaker 10: I mean, I'm gonna keep it her gluck brother. I don't think there's any strategy at all. I think she's got to be yourself. I mean, I'm looking to find a woman of my dreams to fall in love. So if I'm not myself, it's not gonna work out, right. I can't sell her a false reality. I gotta be myself, not saying that you're looking for anything like juicy anything. But like, I don't think there's no strategy. I think I just gotta go in and try my best. I mean, if she's feeling me and then she feels me and she doesn't, then.
Speaker 1: But he Okay, are you are you familiar with the single women within Bachelor Nations and now I'm hoping to see there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I was just talking about this girl named Olivia Lewis. She's she's beautiful, I think hourly and also inwardly. I think she didn't get the love that she deserved when she was on Paradise. And I promise you if she does show up, I would give her all the attention to love that she deserves because she's a queen of my eyes and I think she has a lot of personality.
Speaker 5: I think she can match mine.
Speaker 1: I like that you didn't try away from.
Speaker 5: Right now.
Speaker 1: So that you're that's your number one going in.
Speaker 5: I think that's where that for you.
Speaker 11: Thank you so God.
Speaker 5: I love I love Serena, Serena, I love you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you.
Speaker 5: No, I rock with you. I rock with you, the home Tire Hero.
Speaker 1: But I would have called your ass out tonight. I would have called your ass out tonight so fast? Would you? Who was the guy that you called out, Oh everyone you called you call out a lot of people, But that was I think it was. It was him with the I love you thing with sam M. Yeah, and then you said I but and then you're like, and I love you. You told him that you love him. If I was him, I would have came back at you and have been like, expressed to me why, And I would think.
Speaker 5: I would have been giving you.
Speaker 1: But I don't think you would have had the words. I don't think you would have had the words.
Speaker 5: No, that's cap, that's cap dog.
Speaker 1: I give you the words, why do you love sam? Why do you love sam M?
Speaker 10: Sam M is an actual loyal as dude. So what you guys see is actually who he is. So he will go to bat for you if he rocks with you. So he's a person, that is. He may not communicate himself to the best, but I'm so thankful how genuine he is. He didn't shy away from being who the person he is, and that's all you can ask for a person.
Speaker 5: But he is loyal to a fall. That boy is loyal.
Speaker 10: So I mean again, like I I got all my brothers accountable, and that's why I kind of you know, I mentioned that in the beginning, and he addressed it and he alled up to his So that's all you can, you know, ask for in somebody.
Speaker 1: So yeah, right you there you go. You made me my words?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 2: Did you know that you were going to go in tonight?
Speaker 7: And hello?
Speaker 5: All right, I'm on here.
Speaker 11: I love you.
Speaker 2: Have a little moment on camera.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, Hey, hometown hero, my boy, grocery store show, Serena, It's all love.
Speaker 5: Now, that's my girl, Serena. I'm your biggest cheerleader from now on. I'm gonna be posting. You are the best. I love you, guys.
Speaker 1: Fire, get out of here, Aaron, I don't. I don't know if I could interview you. Look at you. You sound so much like your brother.
Speaker 7: It's wild, but we don't look alike. We just soundedlike, No, you don't, actually don't. I mean you can tell you looking I'll ask you.
Speaker 5: The questions right now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, don't you are?
Speaker 7: You are?
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Overall your your You're a better You're a better person.
Speaker 2: Joe's just saying this hoping that NOAEH listens against pissed off.
Speaker 7: I was, yeah, I was seeing you up Joeah, whatever you had to get out there.
Speaker 5: This is the tell all yes, all right, let's uh yeah, let's let's let's get into it.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: Because I feel like this was much anticipated for you after the way you went out, probably for you to kind of get back out there and share your story.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I really wanted to add clarity in context. I don't know if I succeeded in doing that, but yeah, it was. It got a little uh hot heavy out there. I feel like people were as soon as a word got out of my mouth, everyone was chiming in jumping on me. So you know, I'm someone pretty thick skin I do. I was just trying to be honest about whatever was going on. Whether they liked it or not, that's you know, that was my decision and that's how I was feeling. So so I was fun. I enjoyed it. It was good to kind of see everyone and just put it all out there and see how the guys reacted and just you know, has some fun with it.
Speaker 3: I want to say, I was surprised because I did expect that you were going to own up to what you said and say Devin and Samm or sam n sorry, but I wasn't expecting you to throw Spencer into that mix?
Speaker 2: What compel that decision?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think in the moment, I was thinking definitely about Devin and SAMN. That was pretty obvious, And as I watched kind of the season a little bit, I just felt Spencer, maybe, you know, having a similar experience with him through that one on one, maybe he wasn't as ready as he had thought. So it really was just an opportunity for him to have a platform, and I was I just just having a conversation and just seemed to get way out of hand from what I was trying to get at. So it wasn't out of like bad blood or anything like that. It was just in observation Aaron's opinion that was it. You know, this is not truth or gospel.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like you're at these things, it's like you're giving your opinion, but they're not really letting you talk, and then there's like seven guys coming at you. So it is you're you're kind of in a position.
Speaker 5: That's my whole thought, you know, just like let me talk and then you can respond.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it was very especially from like certain people that you know, the whole season they didn't say much at all, and then like at the tell all, it's like here they are ready to talk about everything. So it was it was an environment that it was difficult to to explain things, but I tried my best.
Speaker 1: Spencer mentioned implied, you may be looking for a ticket to Paradise. Is that something you are interested in?
Speaker 5: I'm open to it. My life is pretty crazy right now.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm focused on myself and like my career and like everything I have up in front of me, but my over the thing I want most in life is to fall in love. So if an opportunity like Paradise came about and I was able to swing it, of course I'd be there. I think it's something that you know. I'm not like itching gotta go to Paradise, but if it, if the invitation is extended, I would gladly accept and as long as the schedule works, I'll be there.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that's pretty much every guy that was on that stage. So it's like that everybody wants. Everybody wants to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think in Paradise. I think I think you would do well.
Speaker 3: I think it would be more cohesive to your personality, and I think you would have a good chance of finding someone there.
Speaker 7: I agree with you.
Speaker 5: I think I'm someone.
Speaker 7: You know, the the Bacheorette is such a it's such a shotgun type of like you really got you don't know who's going to come in and interrupt you. It's so difficult to like I'm someone that I have a lot. I feel like I have a lot of emotional intelligence. I need that that connection with someone and to feel like we're both in this thing. And I feel like that was something that Jenna and I, you know, kind of struggled with where I kind of poured myself out in you know, the final after like the group date rows or date right before I left, and I just didn't She didn't really in turn, do the same thing. So it's really difficult. So I think an environment like paradise, where you have more time just to like banter and really get to know each other and it's not so like, you know, so quick, I would do well at So we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you said, obviously the guys were kind of jumping on you tonight. There was a lot of people talking. Is there anything that you wish you got the chance to say or explain further that you didn't.
Speaker 7: I really think the book thing it was not. I would me and Devin from a like personality standpoint very different, right, that's totally I don't need to explain that. But the gesture of why I do what I do. I'm someone that, for better or for worse, I genuinely care about people, and in that moment, I genuinely cared about him because he didn't realize how he comes off or even understood how he makes other people feel. He's just like, this is just who I am, and I don't care, and so I want It was like a token of like, hey, I don't want this to be just what Aaron said. I was the one being affected. I could have chosen the path, you know, the Sam M. Thomas path of like let's just fight it out, and you know, I don't. You know, I knew that would was not productive. So I wanted to just genuinely care about him, give him a gift. You know. It wasn't like a hey, go read this and figure life out. It was like, Hey, I want you to succeed. If it's with Jen, I'm rooting for you. If it's you know, this is a TV show. At the end of the day if it's with someone else, like, I want you to better yourself and be the best version of yourself. So that was the intent of it, and I feel like that was missed and it was just all this, oh, Aaron thinks he knows everything, miss her self help guru, and that's well it was.
Speaker 1: It was a book. It was a book that helped you out, so you in turn wanted to give it to him.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it was a very transformative. I went through like kind of a pretty life changing thing after my divorce and just really had to come to terms with who I was as a person, kind of rebuild, and I was so closed off to life, so close off to emotions, and that book in particular was one of the first ones I read because it was short and I'm not that smart.
Speaker 5: And yeah I was.
Speaker 7: I was out in the middle of like a different country, and I was just like really found a new sense of like who I was and understanding people. And the biggest thing was empathy. How to put myself in someone else's shoes, understand their perspective.
Speaker 5: And that's really what I was trying to help Devan do. In that moment, I almost called them, no.
Speaker 3: Don't call him Dylan again, Aaron, But so then, you know, putting yourself in Devin's shoes, do you think you can understand why he reacted the way he did to receiving the book.
Speaker 7: I think he did realize it was sincere but he also was kind of like didn't believe it. He thought he didn't want to let me win, you know whatever that is. So I think he initially was like pushing back at it. So I get his opinion about that and how I'm someone I have a growth mindset. If someone wants to say something about me, I will always try to understand where they're coming from. I might just be like, hey, that's just your opinion. Frankly I disagree and then we you know, that's it. But I'll always try to listen. And yeah, if someone ever wanted to give me a book, I would.
Speaker 5: Be all for it.
Speaker 7: I will maybe read it or maybe it'll go on my bookshelf. But you know, that's just we're different people. So I understand that about him, and I can see how he could say, hey, like thank you, but no thank you whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, last question. We do see your twin brother Noah in the stands tonight and Abby. He kind of you know, and he kind of spoke his opinion and he on his season was on the receiving hand of the book, this book Shit's got end. How did you feel hearing in talk?
Speaker 7: I think I kind of knew what he was going to say in a way, you know, I'm reading his mind as a swin, But I think he said what he needed to say. I think he towed both lines. He understood. When Noah received his book from Bennett, he was like twenty five, and honestly or even younger, he was very immature, and I think he deserved that. I think now he's gotten a little bit older, he's had to figure out some things with life. I mean, he's about to get married in October, which hope they'll see both there. I think he understood the sentiment. You know, it wasn't a dig, It wasn't that let me put someone down kind of moment. So I think he was trying to bridge both sides. I mean, I think ultimately he was like, why did you do that? Like you shouldn't have done that. That's just his personality. But we're very different people. So I think he was trying to bridge the gap of like, I see both ways.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I think that's how it got us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, looking forward to meeting you in person, and thanks so much for coming on the podcast.
Speaker 7: Yeah, great to see you both.
Speaker 5: Well, all right, I.
Speaker 1: All right, Jen, Jen is our next guess, Jen. Well, what's up? How you doing?
Speaker 11: I'm good? How are you doing?
Speaker 1: We're good, We're good. So tonight you just said you chose the islands and came out, but it's his call it you came out swigged.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: First, well, first let's talk about sam M because you definitely let him have it. It did seem like that was something that was kind of weighing on you, and I'm assuming after watching it all back, you're like, all right, well you my peace.
Speaker 3: Of mind, and if I'm gonna be honest, your tone is the tone that I was anticipating from everyone tonight regarding sam M, and I was surprised by it was a lot more grace given than I was just expecting, not saying like he should or shouldn't have gotten it. And then you know, it's getting kind of koombai eye you. Everyone's getting a little tired, and then you came out and it was like you were like, I'm here.
Speaker 1: To play guys, don't forget this is my show.
Speaker 3: Sit down, shut up, and listen. I'm the pachelorette and I have some stuff to say.
Speaker 11: Listen. It's been weighing on me.
Speaker 12: I mean, watching things back, you get such a fuller perspective of everything that's going on. I didn't see the way he was interacting with the guys, and also watching our interactions together, You're being able to pinpoint exactly why something wasn't right. That was really really insightful for me, and so I think I doubted myself kind of a little bit throughout the journey with him, but then finally being able to have an endpoint conclusion as to what was that went wrong.
Speaker 11: I was excited to tell him about that.
Speaker 12: And also, you know, I think that the biggest takeaway I want him to take is to take a step back and learn from this, like this isn't something that you can just push to the side, because I truly do want the boss for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think you've answered a lot of people's questions tonight, because I'm sure viewers are going to be watching and listening to this podcast having seen what his family and have been putting out about. So they've been basically saying that the show is not reflecting who Sam is and what actually happened. So I think it's great that you came out and addressed that because obviously you were there, so you are kind of one of the few people that can speak to how it actually was.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, I lived it and and that's exactly guys.
Speaker 12: I was so disappointed to seeing him blame things on an edit when I was like, no, no, no, I lived every single moment with you there, and that's exactly how our conversations play up. That's exactly how you feel in that moment. And so yeah, I wasn't gonna let him have the last word on that.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: What how about seeing some of the other guys like Jonathan.
Speaker 5: Great it was.
Speaker 12: It was so good to see a lot of the guys, especially Jonathan, and he had such a a heart felt goodbye. But he's such such a genuinely great guy, and so it was good to be able to see him again and kind of cultivate that friendshipping.
Speaker 11: At the end of the day. We've been through this burny together and he's such a wonderful person and I'm so excited to see him thrive in paradise.
Speaker 3: I know that's gonna be really great. What were you most nervous for tonight? And then what were you most excited about most nervous?
Speaker 11: I don't know if I was necessarily super nervous about anything.
Speaker 12: You know, these guys, I've been through a whole duram with them, so I knew what to expect with them, and I was like to see them. I was probably most excited to just see them all again. This journey to me holds such a special place in my heart. It's such a unique experience one sense well to experience. It was such a great critic guys. You know, it's it's nice to I'm all back together.
Speaker 11: It's like a sorority.
Speaker 1: Hello, are you glad it's over?
Speaker 11: You know there's ups and downs, and I think I don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't know if it's I'm glad it's over. I wouldn't say that, I would say I'm I'm happy it happened.
Speaker 1: Do you have any I don't want to say, I don't want to say regrets, but because most people always say the answer like, I don't have any regrets. But is there anything that that you did that you kind of look back around like, oh, I wish I changed this or anything that you would switch out.
Speaker 12: I mean, I learned so much and I've grown so much since the beginning of the journey that yeah, I mean there are times where I definitely felt like I should have stood up for myself a little bit more. For example, I'm sky Tower. I wish that the conversation between Sam and I really I wish I had put my foot down more.
Speaker 1: And then like, no, I hated that Skytower. I hate it watching it. That gave me so much anxiety of just being on top of that building.
Speaker 11: I hate that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, not only are you like on the tallest.
Speaker 1: Built like heights I don't.
Speaker 3: Like, but like you're in an argument, like you're you're feeling like so isolated and alone and all this tension and you're like I'm gonna fall off this building.
Speaker 11: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So in that moment, I wish I had just stood up for myself a little bit more. And then like, no, you need to act right, Like this is not okay for you.
Speaker 6: The act right.
Speaker 11: You know, you grow and you learn and and and that's okay. At least I'm learning from it.
Speaker 1: Last thing? Do you want to ask? Because you went pretty far in your season and he just got announced the Bachelor, how do you feel about Grant?
Speaker 11: I'm so excited for him, truly.
Speaker 12: I think he is the perfect picked No one deserves it more like he from the beginning opened his heart up so quickly till the journey that I think things introduced so well on his own journaling well, because as a lead, that's so important to be able to be open. And he's so sincere and so genuine and all so hard and he's just overall like so kind hearted and such a great guy.
Speaker 11: And so I'm truly rooting for him, and I'm so excited to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's I think he's gonna be great. I think I think Sam n would have been the right choice. If you Joe loves Sam, you wanted real TV, you you choose the love virgin.
Speaker 2: He's not ave anymore.
Speaker 1: Jonathan, Welcome to the podcast. I'm just gonna throw it out there right away. You go by, Jonathan. Everyone's calling Jonathan to go home in your whole family is honey, John, what's up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 6: I guess when you're saying it a lot more frequently it's easier. But I go by Jonathan when I was at when I was in high school. I work in a restaurant and I have these group of older women come up to me and they're like, oh, like, what's your name, Like you're so cute, and I was like, oh, thank you, it's john and then they're like short for anything. I was like, yeah, it's short, but Jonathan, and they go, yeah, you need to go by that for the rest of your life.
Speaker 5: That is a much sexier name. And from that point on, yep, I'm locked in on Jonathan.
Speaker 1: Now, wow, that's a great story. That's a way better story than I expected. How old are you?
Speaker 5: Thank you? How old was I?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Eighteen?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's solid salam And you.
Speaker 2: Know what, I bet you those women watch The Bachelor and they're like, he did it, He's still Jonathan.
Speaker 5: If they remember that, they would probably freak out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I'm Joe, but like my family calls me Joey, but I would never introduce myself Joey.
Speaker 2: Or Joseph or Joe Joseph would be your full name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm never no one.
Speaker 3: Well, Joseph and Jonathan are giving different energy, really, Jonathan, Jonathan, Okay, let's talk about it anyway.
Speaker 5: Let's have a Yeah, I have to say, I mean, we can go on depth about whatever we want.
Speaker 3: We'll get into it another time, but I have to say, you ranked Jen's top three looks tonight so impressed.
Speaker 2: Couldn't agree more, couldn't agree more? You nailed it?
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember these outfits I'm talking about too?
Speaker 3: Yep, the purple retro fit, sparkly dress and then the little mini white one with the silver fringe.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: All right, so tonight there was a lot of a lot of man drama, as we expected. It's the then Pella. I guess what were were? I mean, the biggest thing is probably Aaron and Samon. I feel like most of the guys were going at them. What are your takes on? Let's go Aaron first and then some Salmon.
Speaker 6: Honestly, my answer is going to be pretty similar for both of them. You know, I think a lot of people land in this like world of not knowing how to explain their feelings in the correct way, and they keep talking about opinions. This is my opinion, This is that opinion, and people are getting offended by it, and it's like it's an opinion. Everybody's out one. Some of them suck, Like get over it. Yeah, So for them, you know that they had some opinions and some of them sucked, and you just got to sit there and just live in that world. But as far as what they tried to say to make up for it, you know, watching Sam sit up there and just speak his truth and actually be able to like articulate his feelings for once, it was incredible to see. So we just watched this man malfunction pretty much on and then on a one on one, not knowing what to say or finding the right words. The fact that he came out there spoke so well, was able to explain himself in that way. You know, he was trying, you know, and I'll never fall to try, and he did incredible of that, So I agree.
Speaker 1: And then and then Jen came out and fucking.
Speaker 5: I was like, let letter going in on everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I she was prep she was ready to go out.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, way back of my faces. I'm just like the whole time, there was a lot.
Speaker 3: Of shocking things. It was a good one, I feel like, you know, there was a lot of droping tonight. But the main event for you was, you know, revealing to the audience that you got sent home after Fantasy Suites. How was that just finally having that information out there. I'm sure it is a little bit of a relief. But watching it back, what were those those emotions.
Speaker 5: Really tough? Honestly, you know, I think the biggest takeaway was when I was sitting in.
Speaker 6: The car, I was like, you know, I'm tired of being my own biggest enemy, standing my own way and made a mistake again, you know, by not letting.
Speaker 5: Myself fully feel for the person that was in front of me. So watching the back was tough.
Speaker 6: You know, those emotions were super real, and I think I've watched it now three times since it's plaid.
Speaker 5: Every time, I like get choked up a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, standing in my own way and not allowing myself to validate my own feelings, feel how I want to feel.
Speaker 5: Like if I love somebody, need to let them know. I need to let myself know and just go for it.
Speaker 6: So that was the biggest takeaway, And honestly, it was just I don't know, I loved every moment of it, but it was definitely definitely an emotional Yeah.
Speaker 1: So after watching that and kind of like, I don't know pinpointing what your issues are going into you you get a ticket to Paradise. You're the first one. How are you gonna approach Paradise?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I think for the biggest part of it for me, and I don't know how the show I want to see. Before I went on the Bachelrette, I only watched Joey's season. I'd never seen The Bachelor Bacheorette, so I've never seen Paradise either, So I don't really have much of a strategy going into it.
Speaker 1: But I will say it's just like it's basically like if you went to a pool party in Mexico with like six of your friends and then a few other guys that you don't really know but you know of, and then there's a there's a like seven or eight girls that you've.
Speaker 2: Heard of, and everyone's good looking and singing, And.
Speaker 13: Everyone's good looking and singing, there's also okay, Yeah, I think the biggest thing that I would do is take away what I just took away from this last season's beast rat and I feel something, feel it, you know, let us run with it.
Speaker 6: If I like somebody, I can let them know, hey, I think we have something here, or if I if I have loved with somebody honestly, like I'm I'm not afraid to say it, and I'd rather just let you know now. I'd rather shoot big and win big then not shoot at all and see you appen. So my only strategy is holding myself accountable to those feelings.
Speaker 14: Can I give you some advice as a as a love, it moves quick, quicker than quicker than you think.
Speaker 1: So if you do feel something, lean into it and lean into it right away. Don't sit back because things happen faster than you realize.
Speaker 2: I've never heard you give that advice before I get to ask you.
Speaker 1: It's good advice, don't you think? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It is the advice.
Speaker 5: Do I get to ask a question too, Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go for it.
Speaker 6: If I feel it with somebody quickly, should I just run with that since we're working with limited time, or do I still kind of weigh out the other options?
Speaker 1: That's exactly you just answered. You just answered you run with what you feel because all the people that go to paradise and like, oh but no, I'm gonna weigh my options are gonna sit around, they're going to weigh their options, they're going to fuck it up, nothing's going to happen, and they usually let a good thing go to way.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, there's a window of time in the beginning where it's appropriate to explore. Even if feeling it with someone, they're probably exploring. But I think the best thing is to know when to shut the door and know you have a good thing and be like, I'm putting all my eggs in this basket and if it doesn't work, it's okay, but at least I.
Speaker 2: Know I really went for something real. Yeah, so that's our advice. But I have one more question for you.
Speaker 3: I feel like watching your exit interview in the car, you were very vulnerable and you really talked about kind of what you feel like you should have done differently, And I think that's amazing. I think there's so much to be learned about ourselves going on a show like this. But I will say I feel like you were hard on yourself, and do you feel like watching it back you have more clarity because I feel like you and crust me if I'm wrong. I'm not trying to put words your helt, but I feel like you took a lot of the blame for the relationship not working out. Do you feel like watching it back, there was a sense of clarity of maybe where her other relationships.
Speaker 6: Were at one hundred percent. I've actually been saying that to today. Is people asked about closure. Watching the Final three me a lot of closure on.
Speaker 5: What we had.
Speaker 6: You know, she has pronounced her love that she has for Marcus. She's in love with Marcus, and Devin is in love with her, you know, and we're sitting in this beautiful middle route where we get along. Everything's great and it feels so amazing to spend time together, but it's like expact, it's something that's not clicking.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: That's the movie has passed friendly love and we have so much fun to this is my forever, you know. We just never got to that point. So that hardness I had on myself. I didn't know the depth of what she was beating to with these other two guys, you know, So seeing that she was able to get there and get there quicker with them, I'm like, you know what, it wasn't anything outside of what we could have done.
Speaker 11: It was just it wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a good question. And honestly, I hate when people are too high on themselves for like, especially at the end, because there's so many different factors and it's like whatever, and you'll figure it out, yeah, you know, like you're gonna like, like Jonathan, You're going to be fine, Like you're gonna go on paradise, You're gonna do really well and you're gonna end up getting engaged and you're happily. Ever, Jod just manifested, I actually, I actually think I think it's gonna work out for you. R I have I have sincere hope.
Speaker 5: I hope, So I hope.
Speaker 6: I'm sitting here across Tom you guys with somebody next to me that you guys are like, yeah, we knew it, it.
Speaker 1: Works, or you're gonna completely funk it up, but either way, and then.
Speaker 6: I'm sitting here and I'm like, dude, advice, broyow me back either way.
Speaker 1: Jonathan, thank you so much for taking the time. We really appreciate it, and this won't be the last time we'll be seeing you, so good luck with everything.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jonathan.
Speaker 1: All right, everyone, thank you for tuning in to Thatchler Happy Hour at is all the guys we're gonna be interviewing today. We hope you enjoyed it and make sure you stay tuned. We have more episodes yeah.
Speaker 3: Next up GENS season finale, so be sure to tune into that, and we will have some amazing exclusive interviews for you as well as recaps, So don't forget to subscribe to bachtoor Happy Hour and thanks for listening.
Speaker 9: Bye,