Speaker 1: Welcome everybody.
Speaker 2: It is the KSR pre Show Wednesday, April sixteenth. I am Shannon the Dude, broadcasting live from the four Street Live Studios here in louisvill be enjoyed by Billy Retligi. He's over in Lexington and you can give us a call on the Clark's Popping Shop phone line eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven be our whiskey Thief call of the day. You can also send us a text at five O two two sixty five six six five six. KSR pre Show is being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington and Billy. Last night we got to talk really for the first time to one of your go to co hosts for when I'm not here for the pre show, Cash Daniel, over at ov W. We had a Cash you know, wreussell Mania weekends coming up, so we shifted our normal Thursday OVWTV to last night because some fans like you know, to travel to the city where Russell Meania is going on, which I think is Vegas this year. Anyway, long story short, we moved over to Tuesday this week and Cash was there and I was saying, man, I'm hearing good things about your training, and you know, I wanted to thank him for always filling in for me whenever you go to him to the bullpen for the KSR pre show. But man, first of all, Cash is a good dude. Man Like, he's just a cool dude, and he's going to do so well at OVW Like, I'm really really excited for what's to come and his his wrestling future. But got the chance to talk to him last night and can't wait to see him in the ring. There's a show coming up in Pikeville in the next couple of weeks, so for those of you in that area, you get the chance to check out Cash. Daniel McK is in ring debut.
Speaker 3: Billy Well, I know he's not far he did grow up not far away from there, so I'm sure he could get a huge hometown support. You know, he's just got the personality for that business, right. I can't wait till he gets comfortable and he starts calling out children in the crowd, just like you do, Shannon. But you know, Cash was really vulnerable the last time he was on the pre show, opening up about some health issues that he was having in the direction of his life. And I'm just really really excited for him. I know he's wanted to get in with you guys for a while, so for him to see his dreams come to fruition like this, it's there's nothing better. So I can't wait to see when you tube get in the ring.
Speaker 2: Well, I was about to say his career, his career is very like the future for his career is very bright. As long as he doesn't get in my way, like, as long as he doesn't try to, you know, you know, take a shot at the world heavyweight radio title, everything's going to be great for cash. But yeah, I'm looking forward to to what he's going to be doing in the ring very very soon. Now, the shock, the shock of the century, maybe not the century, shock of the transfer portal though, came yesterday.
Speaker 1: Billy I said it on KSR.
Speaker 2: There's no way Lamar Wilkerson is going to pick Indiana over Kentucky.
Speaker 1: It's just not going to happen.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy had it narrowed down to Kentucky, Auburn, Old miss and yeah, Indiana didn't. When he narrowed it down to Kentucky and Indiana, I said, well, why isn't he just announcing it.
Speaker 1: There's no way he's going to indianaality at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what does the guy do? He picks Indiana over Kentucky. I can't believe it, man, I was my jaw hit the floor. I'm like, there's no way he would pick it Indiana over Kentucky. Yet here we are, and he said the reason that he picked Indiana over Kentucky. Let me get the quote here. He says, I don't want to go to Kentucky and just.
Speaker 1: Be another guy. Oh, just be another guy?
Speaker 2: You mean, like just another guy like a John Wall or a Devin Booker, or a Karl Anthony Towns or an Anthony Davis or any of the other countless NBA star You don't want to be another guy. Now that he's going to Indiana, you are going to be another guy. You're just going to be another guy that nobody knows their name. You're gonna be another no name Indiana player. Indiana has not been relevant billy since when two thousand and two, when they played in the championship game against Maryland.
Speaker 4: And when Tom Crean had a win two every now and then, Yeah, yeah, I can't discount your the other pre show Hill and Tom Crane I guess had a few years there, but were they really relevant back then?
Speaker 1: And Nah, may enough.
Speaker 3: To get beat by Kentucky on the biggest stage.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, what's your take on Lamar Wilkerson Man, there has to be some nil like major money coming his way to choose Bloomington over Lexington.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe it. It's wild.
Speaker 3: I mean, he'll be just another guy sitting on his couch watching the NCAA tournament Shannon, because that's what Indiana basketball has done over the last decade. And I want to read the full quote because I want to pick on something that he also said within that quote. It was a pleasure to be recruited by Kentucky, but I didn't want to go to Kentucky and just be another guy that has already been to Kentucky. Who's your basketball. It's a big time name, and they haven't been where they wanted to.
Speaker 1: Be, yeah, in twenty years.
Speaker 3: So we openly admit that this is a worst team that he will be going to that has not achieved the heights at Kentucky. He's afraid of getting lost in the weeds with all the talented players that he'd have to play with. Oh, such a hard life for Lamar Wilkinson. Well, here's what happened, Shannon. They offered him more money. I mean, let's just read between the lines here, an eleventh hour visit by the new Indiana coach, motivation levels change.
Speaker 1: Did Keenland do nothing to him?
Speaker 5: Shane?
Speaker 3: I mean he was in the winner circle. I thought it was wrapped up right after that. But does it mean nothing to take a recruit to the winner circle?
Speaker 1: I mean this is a miss. Let's not get it twisted.
Speaker 3: This is somebody that Kentucky wanted, and unfortunately he will go somewhere else. But if he has that mindset that he was not willing to compete with a talented roster like Kentucky and he's more worried about his relevance after he's gone from the university that he's picking, than Kentucky was not the place for him, and ultimately this would probably be best for both sides.
Speaker 2: Don't you think I can't get mad? Yeah, I can't get mad at a guy for chasing more money. All right, the NBA, I would do the same thing. I'm not going to lie I would, But if the goal as a college player is to get to the next level. And I would think that would be the goal if you're playing college basketball to get to the NBA. Where do you think you're going to have a better chance Indiana or Kentucky who has put player after player after player and made stars out of these guys set for life. And you're going to Indiana to take more money now. So that tells me that, you know, if you think that chasing more money now is more important than the money you're possibly going to get if you went to Kentucky to get to the NBA, maybe this guy isn't an NBA talent.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know, maybe he's just gonna you know, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: If you want to go and get money while you're in college, great, But you know, if it were me, I could go to Kentucky. The money is going to follow Kentucky.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Maybe Mark Pope couldn't promise a guy X amount of dollars, which I don't know how college coaches are doing that anyway. How can you promise somebody a certain number? But if you come to Kentucky, the money is going to follow you there, and you're gonna have a much better chance of being made for your entire life when you go to the NBA, like some of these guys that I just mentioned.
Speaker 3: You know, Cal was a big part of it, But Kentucky the program is a factory to the NBA. You're gonna get the eyeballs that you want. Maybe he doesn't see himself as an NBA player, and he's gonna try to cash in as much as possible.
Speaker 1: Fair Enough, Vienna if that's the case. Fair enough.
Speaker 3: But you know, but like did otega Oway just become another guy at Kentucky?
Speaker 1: No, that's a star.
Speaker 3: Did Kobe Brayd just become another guy that came and played at Kentucky? They had major roles on their team last year. And while they were able to make the second weekend and it didn't ultimately work out to advance.
Speaker 1: To the Elite eight.
Speaker 3: I mean, those guys will be beloved by this fan base for one hundred years. Shannon, What is Indiana gonna think about Lamar Wilkerson fifty years from now when they go what thirteen and twenty six, He's gonna be just another guy don't make the NCA He'll just be in a in the Indiana history.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's somebody that looks at the task and wants to bring Indiana back to prominence. I think of it as somebody that is chasing a back and like you said to Shannon, there to a degree, you can't fault that, but get that weak mindset out of my Kentucky basketball program.
Speaker 2: Kayden lewis the same situation. Guy that didn't want to fight for you want to compete, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Saw the landscape and said maybe I'm better off elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Felt like he was being recruited over instead of Oh, you're bringing in another guy to compete for my position, let's go. No, these guys are just bowing out and choosing other directions. To your point about Oway was away on a draft board when he was at Oklahoma, not one, but now at Kentucky, the guy's a star. Like the guy I think is gonna make legit money in the NBA. You know he just by the way speaking of him, just put his name in the NBA pool, the draft, and you know he has the option to come back, which he probably will, but he's going to go out there and get evaluated as he should, as every player should. Right if you have any chance at all of going to the NBA every year, I would expect you to put your name into the NBA draft. Yes, but you know, I think you also mentioned this earlier. Let's not act like we didn't want Lamar Wilkerson. That's the way some are our fans like, oh, you know we didn't want this guy from sam Houston.
Speaker 1: Yes we did.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about yesterday how we need another good shooter, how this guy was the best shooter in Conference USA. And now some of our fans when he decides to go to Indiana go, oh, we didn't want him anyway, no big loss. Well, if you believe it's no big loss, then you believe that Mark Pope is going out and recruiting scrubs, which he's not.
Speaker 1: You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 2: You can't act like we want this guy then when we don't get them, oh, no big deal.
Speaker 3: Don't you think the perception changed a little bit though, when he went on Field of sixty eight and said that he just didn't want to be another guy in Kentucky. I think it's okay to have that opinion after you hear you know from the horse's mouth that it was too much competition.
Speaker 1: For him.
Speaker 3: But look, I see a lot of people in Big Blue Nation getting upset about fake insiders online. Either we need to realize nobody knows what's going on. I mean, to a degree, you can report accurate information, but there's nothing things that people can do when somebody changes their decision last minute. And it seems like people are coming in Bagman's are coming in to offer maybe a little bit more money, maybe a little bit more playing time at the end, you know, it's just maybe wait until these guys are committed before we get excited, because we've been burned a couple times during this cycle. I mean, Donovan or the dent guy from New Mexico was one of them. Here's another one just yesterday. I feel like we've gotten our hopes up on a couple guys that didn't work out.
Speaker 1: But Shannon, that may be the norm. Oh it is.
Speaker 2: I mean it looks, you know, like on the football side, look at Nico in Tennessee, and I love by the way that Tennessee just drew a line in the sand and they go, no, they call it this bluff. Yeah, and now he's gonna end up going to play for another team, a lesser team. Have to learn the offense again entirely, start all over, and probably gonna be playing for half the money if he weren't, you know, if he wasn't greedy and just decided to stay where he was playing in the SEC starting quarterback for Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Two million dollars isn't enough.
Speaker 2: More schools need to do what Tennessee did and go no, no, we're drawing a line here.
Speaker 1: Enough's enough. If that's not good enough for you, get out of here. Yeah, get ready to learn.
Speaker 3: Acc buddy, I mean, you were greedy to turn down the University of Tennessee and the millions of dollars they were already off. We got to remember he red shirted his first year and still made millions of dollars while on the bench. I mean, this was a two year thing for Nico, and as he goes into his third year, he's asking for a little more, and Tennessee's like, are you kidding me? So I'm with you in a salute to the University of Tennessee for drawing that line of the sand. Things are going to change when this house settlement comes through. We were still awaiting anxiously. You know what will happen we saw Mitch Barnhardt and Josh Heard from Louisville all go up and meet with some decision makers at the White House. Pope and Pat Kelsey were there too, So there is change on the way, but change so many times, can be very slow, Shannon.
Speaker 1: So we're still in a wild time.
Speaker 3: But now Kentucky has to pivot and find somebody else, right, because I don't think that their roster is set right now.
Speaker 1: You've still got to find a shooter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you have to decide if you want a backup point guard or if you're going to move forward with Colin Chandler in that role.
Speaker 2: And you got to also make sure that the guys on your roster aren't gonna feel slighted if you go out and recruit another guy that's in like that's that plays their position. God forbid we go out and get another guard or another you know, player that's gonna maybe come in and make another player already on your roster feel like that they're not wanted because you're recruiting somebody else.
Speaker 1: You got to have depth.
Speaker 3: You do, you do, you do, but you know, Mark Pope made a comment to Maggie Davis, our third case. Our pre show co host to Be brought up this segment on Monday's edition of BBN Tonight, where Mark Pope said, it's been the easiest conversations ever.
Speaker 1: Right now recruiting in the portal.
Speaker 3: I mean, when you get with a like minded individual that sees your vision and you're playing for the university, I'm sure it's easy, right, It's like, come be a part of something special. But when there's a disconnect, when somebody changes their mind at the last hour, I think things happen for a reason. And you know, if we if we hate watched Arkansas this year, I'm gonna be hate watching Indiana and Shannon, Kentucky and Indiana are going to play each other this year.
Speaker 1: Is Isn't that right? Like in that series starting.
Speaker 2: I think his next year, I think it does is that I don't know where the location of the.
Speaker 3: First we'll see Lamar become just another guy. I think in that game Shannon, or or maybe we'll see him ascend a greatness.
Speaker 1: But I think it will be the.
Speaker 2: Form eight five, nine, two, AH, twenty two eighty seven will take some of your phone calls. Coming up next, it's Shannon the Dude and just another guy here on the.
Speaker 1: KSR pre Show. I'm just kidding. You're a star, Billy our sports. Thank you. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: KSR Pre Show Shannon Billy eight five nine to AH twenty two eighty seven got some open lines if you want to call in, Billy, did you watch any of the NBA.
Speaker 1: Player games last night? I did not. You didn't, so you didn't.
Speaker 2: See Trey Young throw a throw a fit get ejected from the game.
Speaker 1: He didn't see all that? No, No, he threw a fit.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh did he like dribble the ball away from a referee or something like that? Because I did see this.
Speaker 1: He like pump faked the referee.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the roff was trying to get the ball from him and he kind of like juked him a little bit, and the ref the ref went for the ball and he just like dribbled, like spun it away from the ref and then took the ball.
Speaker 1: I thought he's going to take the ball to the locker.
Speaker 2: Room with him, but but he threw it down and got thrown out and the Hawks got their butt kicked last night.
Speaker 3: So so is that worth a technical? Embarrassing a referee?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I think so it's I mean, unless you're the Harlem Globe Trotters and you go out there and throw a bucket of water or confetti on the ref's head. I don't think you can just do that in the NBA. So yeah, I would say that that's deserving of a technical foul.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the Final four, I don't remember which game it was. It maybe in the championship game, there was a technical foul for bouncing the ball to and it was immediately to me the George moment. I don't know if it was for you, but I felt like every single time I see that, it will forever be ingrained in my memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Josh doing me too? Like is that?
Speaker 2: I wonder what the exact role is on dribbling the ball too high? Like if you bounce it over your head, is that too high? If I bounce it like to my face, is that too high? Is it the referees discretion?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know all over the shoulder that's going to be a tech on you? Yeah, yeah, I don't know, but we saw it happen the.
Speaker 2: Segment sponsored by DraftKings. As we just mentioned the eighty two game, grind is done, and we're all ready for the playoff drama like we were just talking about with Trey Young getting teed up, and it's all therefore you at Draft Kings sportsbook promo code KSR bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. When you bet just five bucks. You can do same game parlays, live betting, player props. It's all there for you. Promo code KSR For new customers, bet five, get two hundred only on DraftKings.
Speaker 1: The crown is yours.
Speaker 2: If you have a gambling problem, call one it to hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only.
Speaker 1: Eligi about to restrictions apply. New customers only.
Speaker 2: Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKMNG.
Speaker 1: Dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 2: Were you impressed as impressed as I was yesterday on the Show Billy with Ryan Lemon's his baseball numbers, his college baseball numbers that Corey Price found pretty impressive if he went like forty four for his first forty four and stolen basis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about our guy batting three fifty four in nineteen eighty eight, playing fifty three games in one hundred and thirteen at bats. And not only that, in that season, our guy had a season high.
Speaker 1: Forty one steals out of forty nine attempts.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've heard about this whole illustrious record at Kentucky Wesleyan and Ryan being the stolen bags leader, but I didn't know our guy was batting sub three hundred not only his junior but his senior year where he added two ninety five, so total he batted three hundred over his four years.
Speaker 2: That gets you in the Hall of Fame, she does. I mean, that's like a really fast Tony gwyn. You know, Tony Gwinn was a really good hitter, but he was also chunky. Like Tony Gwinn couldn't steal one hundred and six bases in four years not happening?
Speaker 1: Well, maybe he couldn't.
Speaker 2: Like you can't really compare I guess you one hundred and sixty two game season to what you're playing in college. I'm just saying, Tony Gwinn's not going one six for one nineteen and stolen bases our boy Ryan Lemon did. And what's even more, like just mind blowing for me, Billy is having those stats in front of me and then having Ryan Lemon in front of me on the pickleball court. This guy can barely move left or right, and I'm going, wait, this guy, that guy right there is the all time leading stolen base record holder at Kentucky Wesleyans.
Speaker 1: It's kind of hard hard to believe.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, you mentioned in him in the same sentence as Tony Gwinn. I mean, we stretch here on the pre show, but that might be an all time stretch. But here's some more all time records for Ryan Lemon. Most run scores, He's fourth on the all time list in Kentucky wesley In history with one hundred and twenty one. He's got the fifth highest on base percentage in school history, the fifth highest stolen base percentage, almost ninety percent of the stolen bases he's stolen as successful. So I mean our guy was lighting it up. I would kill for some old footage of Ryan playing back in the day. You know, we've heard that Andy has found the Andy Griffith Show episode with him on it. Still waiting for him to be revealed.
Speaker 1: And found the Andy was onto Andy Griffith.
Speaker 3: Show you're not sorry, Sorry, Jerry Springer. Yes, if he was on the Andy Griffith show, that'd be time traveling. Yeah, rare footage, but yeah, somebody called in and said that was found and that was going to be revealed. I have not seen that yet, So I would love to see Andy on that show and then Ryan. I don't know if it's black and white footage back in the day, Shannon, but I'd love to see our guy doing his thing.
Speaker 2: You know, they say you lose a step or two when you get a little older. I mean I feel like he's lost about ten or eleven steps this point. But I'd like to get Ryan just out on the like a baseball field, to see, like, what's his time from first to second?
Speaker 1: You know, at the age of whatever. He is fifty eight now.
Speaker 3: Now you did see him circle the bases at Williamsport, So I mean, is there were there any flashes of that the in rounding third or was it just ruined by the sprinkler that he could.
Speaker 1: I don't think he was going for speed on that one.
Speaker 2: He was just doing his home run trot okay as the sprinklers were coming on, and you know, that was the whole thing that led to us getting a call from Homeland Security the next day, which is still an all time CHASR moment that we even first of all, that we even did that, and that Ryan jumped on the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then Homeland Security.
Speaker 2: Calling us as we're sitting on the porch of an airbnb in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Was that the same trip that he spray painted his head? Yeah, I'm with the spray on hair, and then he leaned up against like a restaurant wall and there was an imprint of the spray paint that had been left there.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was leaving as mark every where he went.
Speaker 2: Like when we got in the car his I think we had a speed bomp in his head hit the the interior roof of the car and there was a big black stain. I think that was Matt's car that we took that trip to. So there's a chance that Ryan Lemon's like I guess spray paint for lack of a better term, that we put on his ball spot is now still on the inside of Matt's car.
Speaker 3: I was hoping you were going to say it was a rental and you're gonna have to go back to Mario's enterprise.
Speaker 2: Let's say, sir, what is this really weird black spot on the inside of the car? Oh not that we just spray painted our friend's head and it rubbed off. Now, speaking of baseball, Kentucky Baseball won on a walk off yesterday over Miami. They have the number two team in America, Tennessee, coming up. That would have been a bad loss, by the way, if they lost to that Miami team yesterday. So they got Tennessee coming up. They've also got top fifteen LOBI coming up as well, So a couple of big opportunities for Menge owing to get this thing rolling up. I believe they're twenty and fourteen on the year now, but still some big opportunities to get some wins coming out.
Speaker 3: But Shannon, not just to walk off a walk off bunt. So that is two games in the last three that Kentucky has won via walkoff and via walkoff bunt. I mean, how many times have you seen that? Is that Kentucky's best offense. We're just gonna bunt small ball? Baby, We're back, Hey, MinJe owned small ball is back.
Speaker 2: I mean, man, look, bunting is a thing that seems like it's almost extinct in Major League Baseball now, like you never see it.
Speaker 1: You never see a sack bunt anymore.
Speaker 2: But good to see that Minjion is still able to play small ball, and you know he's kind of taking that approach in the past couple of seasons. If you don't have guys that can hit home runs, just play small ball, just you know, out smart them and out out maneuver of them for a lack of a better tune.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in the last nineteen games, fourteen of them have been decided by three runs or less. In those games, Kentucky's five and nine. So what did you say their record was.
Speaker 1: I think, by the way twenty and fourteen, I.
Speaker 3: Mean very easily, you know, could be even better than that. So, you know, I think people are quick to jump on this team and say they're not as talented maybe in years past that min Jones had. I think that they've been in a lot of close games and a tough conference, and it's all about making the NCAA tournament, right, So if they can hold on and do that, then anything's possible.
Speaker 1: In case softball beat your Hilltoppers last night too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to run roll them back, then back to back, three home runs back to back to but you don't see.
Speaker 1: That very often.
Speaker 3: Well, shout out Western Kentucky Baseball. They're great this year. I wouldn't want to play them and.
Speaker 1: Take your phone calls.
Speaker 2: Coming up eight five nine two eight h twenty two eighty seven, Welcome back. It is the KSR pre show Blink twent eighty two right here. All the Small Things a song that my band Alice Bluegun Covers will be playing. By the way, our next show is coming up a week from Saturday. We're going to be at ten roof in Saint Matthew's at eight o'clock, so.
Speaker 1: Come on out for that.
Speaker 2: But I'm playing Blink twe eighty two Billy, because I want to ask you, do you believe Mark Hoppis from Blink twent eighty two? Do you know the story about Mark hoppis saying that he believes that he played a big role in capturing Saddam Husain. This just came out a few days ago on a podcast, and this is in his book that he just wrote. But do you believe that Mark Copps actually played a role in capturing Saddam Husain?
Speaker 1: Twenty two years ago.
Speaker 3: Well, tell me why he thinks that, because I don't know this story. So what was Saddam a big Blink one eighty two fan and our soldiers heard him playing it from the other room or what's the story?
Speaker 2: So the story goes that Blink one eighty two was playing I guess a show on like an aircraft or like some sort of some sort of military based show that they were doing. I'm not exactly sure like what the venue was that they were playing. But because of this, Mark Coppas ends up having dinner with a Navy admiral on board an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf and he says to this admiral, I have an idea on how we can catch Saddam Hussein.
Speaker 1: Now when you're when now we're in a navy.
Speaker 2: Admiral and a rock star sitting there having dinner with you, and he says, I think I can help you catch Saddam Hussein.
Speaker 1: You'll probably just laugh at the guy, right I would.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, absolutely, It's like stay in your element here, Mark, But yeah, you can humor me.
Speaker 1: Continue, tell me what you think.
Speaker 2: So I guess at the time, every night Saddam Hussein was putting out these little broadcasts like videos, and he would send them out to all of his his followers. So Mark Happas goes, you know, Saddam's putting out these videos. We can use drones to fly all over the region where we think that he might be in different patterns, and the broadcasting time codes go up, and you'll be able to catch that through I guess like somehow, like through through the signals that are broadcasted out there. You can pinpoint kind of where he's at by flying drones over the area that you think that he may be hiding in.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if I throw drones above somebody and I guess he broadcasts that video, then I can tell that he's there if my drone's in the right place.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're telling? Yeah?
Speaker 2: If they and they have technology that can, like, you know, I guess figure out where those signals are coming from, you hook that onto the drone And sure.
Speaker 1: Enough, the admiral takes this advice.
Speaker 2: Three months later, they do exactly what Mark Hoppus suggested and they capture Saddam Hussein based off of his suggestion on how you could catch them. Now, is that a little too far fetched? That a rock star actually gave a Navy admiral some advice on how to catch Saddam and they actually used it and it happened worked well.
Speaker 3: Let's say Kentuck he's playing Tennessee in the Sweet sixteen, and you get Mark Pope's ear and you say, hey, Mark, you know, I think you should play a one three one zone. They're very susceptible to it. They won't play as well if you play a one three to one defense. Mark Pope goes out there, they don't play well in the first half, but they implement a one three one zone in the second half and they end up coming back to win. I think, Shannon, the dudes the reason why Kentucky won the game.
Speaker 2: There you go, so you can't believe so according to the quote. According to the quote, he says they were able to pull the ultrasonic data and triangulate the drones that you have flying over, and they were able to pick up the signal.
Speaker 3: Now, the players still got to go play and hit those shots and play defense. The soldiers still have to go capture Saddam. But if you helped set up the winning strategy, I can't help but not think that you would be a big.
Speaker 1: Part of that.
Speaker 3: So didn't think i'd start by saying Blink one eighty two did help capture.
Speaker 1: Shaddami, saying, but I guess I guess that he did.
Speaker 2: It's a strange story. I'm sitting here reading this, going really is this? Of course, you know, it's just his memoir. We have no way of telling if he's just making up the.
Speaker 1: Story or not.
Speaker 2: But I saw that headline, I'm like, wow, that's that's that's interesting. Mark Hoppas from Blink twenty two is taking down foreign terrorist.
Speaker 1: And then you know, remember when.
Speaker 2: We call it Ben Lauden, we had The Rock as the first person that actually broke.
Speaker 1: The news somehow, like.
Speaker 2: Like somehow these celebrities are tied into like major captures a foreign terrorist. The Rock somehow beat Obama putting out the release that we had discaptured Ben Lauden.
Speaker 3: And we just everybody's so patriotic, they just want to help. I remember Osama bin Lauden was announced. It was announced on my birthday May first, So yeah, my joke was you're welcome America when that happened. But that is that is bizarre, And thank you for your service to Mark Hapfas and everything he did. I'm reading some about it now, and he recalled during his book how much sand blew on them and in their faces in just a few hours that they're there. I guess the wind was really bad, and so I can't imagine they were there for just a couple hours. Imagine doing a whole tour over there. You know, so a big, a thankless job being a soldier, no doubt. Can I match your weird story with a weird story? Let's go, because we talked about erasing memories a little bit. Yeah, yesterday we didn't get to the story, but we mentioned it. Did you ever see the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?
Speaker 2: Not only have I seen it, if you actually listen to what I say every day on the show, you would know that that is my favorite movie of all time.
Speaker 1: Like I've mentioned, I love that obviously.
Speaker 2: In that movie one hundred times, it's Jim Carrey Kate Winslet, a couple that end up breaking up. Then they go to this place that can erase the memory of each other from their minds.
Speaker 1: Mark Ruffalo, I think it's the greatest movie ever.
Speaker 3: Well, this could be coming to reality, real life sooner than maybe expect. Recent advancements in neuroscience are beginning to bring this concept to life. Researchers are using techniques to reduce the emotional impact of painful memories. So maybe not completely erasing it yet, but maybe you don't have the same emotions if you think about something. This would bring potential relief for people suffering from things like PTSD depression. Many things, many reasons why you might elect to get a memory taken away. But Shannon, I might argue, your memories and your experiences make you who you are. You know, and if you're going to pick and choose what memories you want to keep and what experiences you want to think about, then you are truly not living the human existence. But I would be a hypocrite to say there aren't some things in my life that I'd like to forget. So, Shannon, I mean kind of a scary science concept. But would you ever want to erase a memory from your mind?
Speaker 1: Hmm?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe a NXT girlfriend or yeah, well I mean at an event maybe, Like I don't know, Like I'm thinking, like, would you want to erase like the memory of a death of a close friend. But then if you erase that, do you also erase the memory of them ever existing, right, Because if you don't remember that they died, that I guess in your mind you would think that they were still alive.
Speaker 1: That would be really confusing.
Speaker 3: There were some beautiful moments at the funeral that you may not remember anymore, and that helps you, you know, grieve and get over the things that you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't think I would, would.
Speaker 3: You No, But that's because I've had a pretty easy life. You know, we're talking about soldiers in Iraq and capturing Saddam Hussein. I can think of countless people with PTSD that would really benefit from forgetting things in their life. So that's why I see this technology and I think this could be a really good thing for us. But if it's gonna be Katy Perry getting in a rocket ship to be in space for four minutes, Shannon, if it's gonna be five grand and I can erase any memory that I want, then it's a slippery slope, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a conspiracy theory on Katy Perry going to space. By the way, we'll talk about that on the other side of this break. Okay, to here, let me just pose the question for Kentucky fans. You have the yea, the ability to erase oh bad memory. I mean, is everybody just going to answer the Laightner shot? Is that everybody's going to answer? You have the you have the chance. You can you can e raise one UK memory that you wish never happened, and you know it happens still, but you don't remember it happening. Is it the Latner shot? Is it? Is it the Wisconsin games?
Speaker 1: And how old you are? I think?
Speaker 3: I mean the Wisconsin game and Drake may were the two that came to mind for me. I'd like to erase your memory because it's Isaac Humphreys that hit the ball on the ground, not Jeorts. Towards the last segment, I'll erase your memory there and say tell you that I said Isaac got that switched. But I think majority of the answer is probably later, right you just I mean, such a beloved group.
Speaker 2: And what about a memory you would like to erase, like from the from the show or from your existence in KSR other than the one you just.
Speaker 1: Gave you getting stuck in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Probably well, I'll tell you I'm never gonna forget that, because I've still got the video now that you brought that, I might have to retweet that. I mean, have to tweet that out again later on.
Speaker 3: I mean I was fine with it for like thirty minutes and then it was like forty five fifty and I was like over it, Shan.
Speaker 1: Where were we?
Speaker 3: We were doing a show's landing, right. They put us on the lake.
Speaker 2: They put all of us up in a like a little house, cabin, whatever you want to call it. Billy goes to the bathroom, tries to get out, can't get out.
Speaker 1: Stuck.
Speaker 2: None of us can get them out. Billy can't open the door from the inside. We can't open the door from the outside. We had to call the landlord to come, like get a bulldozer and like knock down the door to get Billy out of the restroom.
Speaker 1: And you were, you were, You were in there for like a solid hour.
Speaker 3: Well, I was ready to kick it down, and Matt was like, do not kick it down.
Speaker 2: Like these people are nice. They're letting your use their house for free. We didn't know that it had trap doors in it.
Speaker 1: Well, if you remember, we didn't have cell phone service.
Speaker 2: That was the other thing we didn't have any cell phones, so I think somebody had to go drive to defind. You know, we couldn't call the fire department to chisel you out.
Speaker 1: So we had to go.
Speaker 3: We had to go up on a hill to make a call to the maintenance man who may or may not have been having a good time that night. Shannon and had to be driven to the place.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, help is that. I'm gonna say he definitely was having a good time.
Speaker 3: But the whole time, I mean fifty minutes, I'm in the bathroom and Shannon is just belly laughing for forty five of it. I mean, he is just loving every single.
Speaker 2: All the rooms to get stuck in in a house, Like, you didn't get stuck in a bedroom. You got stuck in this little, tiny bathroom. And if you were claustrophobic at all, I mean that would have been a real problem for you.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you were stuck in there.
Speaker 2: And then at one point we pulled the doorknob off and we could see you, like just through the hole.
Speaker 1: It was like the shining.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a funny picture of me and that just through the doorknob. But I'm gonna I'm gonna flip it to you. Yeah, what would you like to erase? I mean, was it you dressing up as Dorothy trying to be a hitchhiker on the side of the.
Speaker 1: Road, or was that was awesome? What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: Was that was fun? That day? I mean that was the most fun I've ever had in Kansas. I mean that's not saying much.
Speaker 2: Uh, maybe my first day on KSR with Matt first day, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And the screaming match that ensued in Tony ben Eddie's office yeah after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where Matt was a complete jerk about me being on the show and I didn't even know I was going to be on the show. I thought I was just coming in to push buttons.
Speaker 1: Were you shanning the Dude back then? Or were you shanning Griggsby? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I was shanning the dude long rock, long before KSR. Okay, like when I started, I've been shanning the dude since two thousand and three. Baby, this brand's been going for a long time. We're talking about twenty two years. It was established long before KSR.
Speaker 3: Hell, you want to go back to first days? Matt takes a picture of me and says, here's Shannon the dudes filling with his mustache and his mullet. You can imagine what the twitter comments. We did get a little roasted that day.
Speaker 2: But yeah, tweet us at Shannon the dude at Billy our sports a UK memory, you would have a race from your mind.
Speaker 1: Let's take a call. Let's go to j what's up Jay?
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, great show is always this morning. As far as Wilkerson goes for Indiana, I mean, he says he wants to, he doesn't want to be just another guy at Kentucky, but he's just gonna be another guy Indiana because he's gonna have to play behind or with Tucker Debrees and that's the coach's son. Yeah, I mean, so he's not going up there and getting volume shooting because West Virginia would have been a lot better had Tucker not gotten injured this past season. And he's the reason why Drake did so well in the tournament was because of his son. And do you think that coach Debrees is gonna give, you know, let let Wilkerson have the volume shooting over Tucker. I don't think so. So have fun of paren Bloomington and maybe you can find the chair that Bobby threw and have a seat in it on the sideline.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the call, Jay, Thank you Jay. To that point, I had a similar question on the text line I want to pose to you, Shannon. Are we worried at all that if you come here you'll play thirty five minutes? If you play for Pope, you'll only get twenty is a valid pitch opposing coaches can use on recruits against Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I don't look at that as negative recruiting necessarily. I mean, do you want to do you want to play for a winning program? Or is it all about how many minutes you get? Now, some people may say it is all about the amount of money and how many minutes you're gonna give me, But again, I don't think you can promise that. What if the guy gets there is not good and you just promised him I'm gonna give you a thirty three minutes a game and he gets there and he sucks Nowton edwards. Yeah, Now, as a coach, are you going to keep your promise and keep playing the guy even though he's terrible? Or are you going to go back on your word? So all these promises the coaches have to make. Again, I said this yesterday. I would not want to be in their position. And I also think that the amount of money that a lot of these guys say they're making, I don't believe that either.
Speaker 3: I don't think you want those guys that are expecting the playing time and expecting the bigger paydays. I think that weeds them out for you.
Speaker 1: But here is the.
Speaker 3: Situation that you're going to see in the near future. Let's take the Tennessee quarterback Nico for a second. I think there will be a day where Nico looks to the sideline before a big play and says, hey, I need an extra five hundred thousand, No, I need an extra million before I go out there versus Bamlets today, you're going to hold out for more and you and I fully expect somebody to hold out before a play like that, Shannon. The leverage is in the player's hands. And until we see some change with this house settlement or with legislation, then I think there will be a day where something like that happens.
Speaker 1: And that is madness, is it not? It is? It is?
Speaker 2: And I would expect that there would be some sort of regulation come sooner than later. Otherwise you're just going to continue to hear more stories like we had with Nico and Tennessee. We're way late for a break. Let's take that. We'll take more phone calls. Coming up next eight five, nine, two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 1: It's the ksrpre Show. Final segment of the KSR pre.
Speaker 2: Show, Shannon the Dude and Billy Reutledge is a little Katy Perry right here. I'll get to the Katy Pirie conspiracy theory in just a minute. But last segment, we were talking about we're getting closer to being able to erase people's minds, and I asked, is there a UK memory, UK sports related memory that you would want to erase from your mind?
Speaker 1: You have some answers on the text machine. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The majority of answers are the Latner shot in the Wisconsin game, a couple others. One mentions Drake May in North Carolina. Saint Peter's in Oakland is a popular answer.
Speaker 1: All of the Billy g.
Speaker 3: Seasons is another answer that somebody has said. And then one interesting one somebody said is the Reps runts lost to Texas Western in the National championship game. That game unfairly cast coach Rupp as a racist in UK as a racist school. Plus those guys are still some of my favorite Wildcats of all time. At least the movie did I mean, do you ever see it?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: Glory Road?
Speaker 3: Shannon and the Rupp was not cast in a favorable light at all in that movie. And those are some memories that UK fans would like to erase.
Speaker 2: Which one are you picking? Is it gonna be Latener? You only get one? Is it Latner, Oakland or Saint Peter's?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean Wisconsin. Wisconsin's the other one.
Speaker 3: I think it's Wisconsin for me. I mean, Saint Peter's in Oakland identified an issue with Kentucky basketball that needed to be changed, and hopefully it's a good point.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it actually accelerated that process of moving on from Cal.
Speaker 1: So I think I'm gonna go with that.
Speaker 2: That's true if you go back and you revise history and cal doesn't lose in the first round to Oakland and Saint Peter's very good chance he's still here as the head coach, and maybe we're still dealing with the issues that that we had. But then again, if you don't lose those games, maybe maybe you don't have those issues per.
Speaker 1: Se, Maybe they make a final four.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how like, you know, one one game ultimately can kind of decide a coach's career path.
Speaker 3: Just a ripple effect of racing memories will be be widespread.
Speaker 2: Let's say, let's say cal you know, beat Saint Peter's and beat Oakland and went out in the round of thirty two.
Speaker 1: Is he still the coach here?
Speaker 3: Maybe because it was just such like a shock that they lost to Saint Peter's in Oakland.
Speaker 1: It was like you were a laughing stock.
Speaker 3: Right, Maybe you lose in the round to thirty two and people can explain understand that more.
Speaker 1: All right, let me get to this Katy Perry conspiracy theory.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, totally talking yesterday about Katy Perry and Gil King and all these female celebrities going up into space for four minutes. Well, the latest conspiracy. I love this when we get into summer shows conspiracy theories. There's a lot of skeptics out there, Billy that think that it was Hollywood fake, claiming it to be the worst cgi of any fake space agencies.
Speaker 1: Ever produced.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a lot of people that think that the Moon landing didn't exist ruston p s Jared Lorenzen.
Speaker 1: But do you think there's.
Speaker 2: Any chance that this was CGI? There's conspiracy theorists out there that say that they were filming all this in a studio and the crew was floating in tanks of water.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think that it's completely fake because I think it's easy enough to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I mean, I think.
Speaker 3: Going to the moon and back there is some room for argument that is a tough ask. But going into space for three four minutes, Shannon, I feel like that can be done by our technology. So I think we are stupid enough of it as a society to send up Gail King and Katie Perry and Lauren Sanchez. So I'm gonna go know, but I you know, did you see what she did? Like they landed and she like kissed the ground and it was all like theatrical So they definitely did play it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I don't know what the point of any of that is, and I definitely don't know what the point of just CGI in it instead of actually doing it would be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to achieve what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's what you can achieve winning some money on drive Welkings.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Promo Code KSR bet five dollars, get two undred dollars in bonus bets.
Speaker 1: You got baseball of course going on.
Speaker 2: It's a long season if you're betting baseball, especially if you're a Braves fan, and of course the NBA playoffs as well. Promo Code KSR bet five get tuned in bonus bets. Gamily problem wanting one hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibidity restrictions apply in new customers only bonus bets expired one hundred and sixty eight hours after yoursuance. Additional turns Responsible Gaming Resources, DKIG dot Co, slash audio for Billy Red, Legible, Shanda the Dude, myself Drew Ryan up next on The KSR Show See it