Speaker 1: Welcome back to a Numbers Game with Ryan Urduski. Thank you all for being here again this week on this Thursday's episode, once again on twice a week. So please like and subscribe to You're on both episodes. You get both episodes every week. It means a lot to us. It was a very busy week, and I want to start off by thanking everyone who sent me a message on social media, but wishing me a happy birthday. That meant a lot. It was really really great. If I have the if I can, I just want to go on a little jant for a second. On the birthday, I went to go there's something called luckyseats dot com in New York week you can win lottery tickets for cheap Broadway tickets. So I did. I won them, and I went to see Sunset Boulevard with Nicole sharon'ser Shirvanser, I think it's her last name. She's from the Pussycat Dolls and America's got talent. I'm sure you might have seen her picture or her song somewhere anyway. So she's starring in Sunset Boulevard. She's getting all this praise, so we go to see it. I've seen the original with Glenn Close, you know, a while ago, and everyone's saying this is like the show to see. I go to see it. It was a flaming pile of garbage. It was horrible. In my opinion, it was one of the top five worst things I've ever seen. The show is from a Billy Waller movie from the fifties. It's not a musical the original movie. It was made to a music by Angeloa Weber, starring Glenn Close on Broadway Pilot pone started in London. It's about an aging silent film actress in the nineteen fifties and forties rather who wants to make a comeback and she's kind of going insane because she's believing that she's as famous as she used to be. And it worked for Glenn Close because Glenn Close kind of looks a little crazy once in a while, like one hundred and one downations Glenn Close, and she looks like an older woman, an older actress. Nicole shearings Aer who started in this version, looks like a very young, good looking woman. Although she's probably of the correct age for the time, she doesn't look the age anymore. It was in a black Box theater. It's everything bad about like new age theater. Like people are in track suits, there's no time, I'm coordination, there's no costumes, there's no sets, and there's no point. Do you believe that she's actually Norman Desmond? It was horrible. Okay, sorry, I had to say that to somebody, and no one wants to hear me ran about theater, and you're my captive audience, so you get to hear about it. Now to the news of the actual week. I want to go back and focus on what we talked about last week and earlier this week because it's important and it's still something that people are talking about it and the news broke. So first of all, the Canadian election, the Liberal Party, as expected, made the big comeback, biggest comeback in Canadian politics, and when their fourth consecutive government, they beat the Conservative Party by forty three point seven percent of the vote to forty one point seven percent of the vote, winning by two points. They got one hundred and sixty nine seats they call them writings in Canada instead of seats, but one hundred and sixty nine writings able to form a minority government, probably with the support of either the Progressive New Democratic Party or the French Canadian Party of the Block Quebecs. So we'll see what goes on, how they end up government. But they have minority government. The casual viewer in America who doesn't really spend a lot of time listening to a Canadian news or Canadian politics, which is most of us, no shame, but it is what it is. They sat there and they heard about it, and on social media they were like, well, I guess Pierre Pola there, the leader of the Conservative Party who ended up pilightly losing his own seat in the parliament, his own writing that actually flipped to the Liberal Party. He must have done a terrible job. And just like the party lost and they just they weren't they were insufficiently conservative. I want to actually go a little deeper for the American audience who may not know what actually happened, and really give you a good understanding. First of all, the Canadian Conservative Party had their best performances nineteen eighty eight. They grew their coalition based upon the data of these writings of these seats by fifteen to twenty points among minorities, immigrants, young people, and blue collar voters in the area outside of Michigan, that part of Canada which is very heavy manufacturing, free, very blue collar. In the ethnic suburbs outside Toronto and Vancouver. There was like a fifteen to twenty point swing in some of these districts some of these writings. Overall, Conservatives gained seven point six percent more of the popular vote than they got last time. So what happened. Well, first of all, baby boomers happened. Baby Boomer's number one issue in Canada, according to the Exit poles, was stopping Trump. Young people wanted the economy be better. Old people wanted to stop Trump. It is like a whole nation of Rachel Mattow viewers. It is problematic. That's why when you say someone say at Canada as the fifty first state, no, please do not keep them where they are. We don't don't, we don't need that. Also, college educated voters moved to the left. This is why Pierre Poulaverir's seat flipped because he's in a very heavily college educated writing. He's in a very college educated district districts that used to be solidly conservative. It's the same thing we've seen in America in the last election with Trump. It's what we're seeing in Europe, this great realignment of young people, of ethnic minorities, of blue collar people moving to the right, and older voters in many cases moving to the left. And that's what we saw in Canada. And this is the best election for the Conservatives since nineteen eighty eight. It sets them in a good place for the next election, certainly depending on what's going on and who's ever in charge of our country and their country and what the economy looks like. But that is what happened. It wasn't a complete disaster for the Conservatives. It was a big disappointment. But if the third parties one last thing, the third there's multiple progressive parties in Canada. There's the Green Party, the Bau Quebec, the New Democratics, whatever. The New Democratics lost almost all their support, their numbers plummeted, so it wasn't so much as the center was holding for the Liberals. The New Democrats, part of the block Quebecs, part of the Green Party moved to the Liberals. So the far right moved to the Liberals, and the centrist voters who were part of the Liberal Party moved to the conservatives. They're just happening more far left liberals in Canada than there were centrist who moved. So that's what happened. Wasn't a complete disaster with the conservative It was actually a fairly strong showing. And we'll see what happens in that country going forward. And on Monday Show, we talked about Trump's first one hundred days in office. Now, this show was taped ahead of the Monday Program, which we always do. We were table at least a few days ahead of time, or a day ahead of time in this case, and we taped the episode on Friday. Well, of course on Sunday what comes out, but a ton of new polling it pulls up. We didn't mention that when I taped down on a Friday because we didn't have them yet. And the headlines from the Washington Post and the New York Times and a bunch of other publication said Trump has his worst performance in history. He's the worst performing president of the modern era, worse than he did the first term. Republicans are on a precipice for a doomsday disaster. You've heard these headlines before they were regurgitated. So I wanted to go over them, and I pulled all the data. I put on my substack, the National Populist newsletter. It's free there for everyone who wants to listen. You have to subscribe. You could just go there and read it. I pulled all the data and I want to go over it. So from April, these were the major polls, and I'll give you the poll number, the name of the pollster, and the margin at which Trump's at. The ABC Washington Post Pole had him at negative thirteen. New York Times had a negative twelve, CNN had negative fourteen, CBS was negative ten, The Economist was negative nine, Fox News was negative eleven, Atlas Intel was negative six, Pew Research was negative nineteen, Quinny Peck was negative twelve. Quantus Insight was negative three. And so if you average that out, you have about a negative eleven. That's where he is on average, negative eleven. But there's two numbers there that are much different than all the other numbers, Atlas Intel and Quantus Insight. Alice Intel has meant negative six, Quantus Insight has meant negative three. They're both taken a little while earlier in April, but after Liberation Day, after the tariffs. Alice Intel was the number one most accurate pollster of twenty twenty four. Quantus was the third most accurates pollster of twenty twenty four. So why are their numbers significantly better for Trump than the New York Times, Sienna, New York Times, Santa Poll, the CNN poll, the Washington Post pol. Why are they different? And they actually match an NRCC and that's a National Republican Congressional Committee internal poll which had the president of negative seven. So they're in the same They're all playing the same kind of realm. So why are their polls much different than the mainstream media polls. I went through the cross tabs to look the major difference is there's a double digit difference among Republicans. First of all, Quantus and Atlas their polls have Trump in the mid eighties among Republicans. All the other pollsters have him barely crossing seventy. And I am more inclined to believe an Atlas poll or a Quantus poll showing that Trump's approval among Republicans probably hasn't dipped all that much. I mean, Republicans have been loiled for him for a lot crazier things and a lot more ups and downs than just the tariff anouncement. Also a double digit difference among independents. Some of these polls have Trump's independent numbers in horrific territory. I mean, I'm talking negative thirty five, negative forty seven, negative thirty six, negative twenty five. Negative twenty five is actually a good number. In some of these polls, Alice Intel has met negative eighteen and Quantus has been negative twelve. That's a much different place than negative thirty seven. It's not great eight, but it's not negative thirty seven. These double digit margins matter a lot, and overall the average among Hispanics for these poles is much higher. Hispanics saw this big realignment, like the when we just saw on Canada we had a re alignment in twenty twenty four, Hispanics moved to the right. Did they all of a sudden move to the left of the re alignment get erased? And the big, big, big question mark that kind of raised on my spicy senses, my pols or spidy senses, was this His support among black voters is as high as it was post election. So, in other words, all of the decline of support among minorities really primarily comes from Latino. Could that be because the mass depredations, maybe, But could it also be from over sampling Latino progressives and Democrats and centrists. Yes, it could, because that happens quite a bit. It happened throughout the twenty twenty four election in many polls that said Trump could not cross thirty five percent among life Tinos, when he crossed the mid forties. I think that all those things are feeding these negative pole members, and I am more inclined to believe an antless intel poll which is matching the NRCC pole, which is matching the quantities insight pole over the sexy headlines of the New York Times and the Washington Post and all these other outlets really have been pushing forever. That's my personal opinion. Now we'll see what happens. Tariffs have been destabilized at the market. Our GDP numbers have just released as we're recording this podcast on Wednesday, showing a shrinkage in the economy of point three percent, which is concerning. It's not we're not in a great place, but I don't believe we're in a doomsday scenario. I don't think Trump's in a doomsday scenario, and I think we have a while till the midterm election of our polls really start to matter. But I don't think that the prevailing narrative, like it's not in the Canadian election, the prevailing narrative over Trump is not accurate. One poster that I did not mention in in the summary of all these polls is my buddy James Johnson. He is a polster from the UK. He was one of the most accurate polsters in twenty twenty four. He has a much different opinion than the headlines and the prevailing narrative over Trump, and he'll be with us next so stay tuned to hear what he has to say. James Johnson is the founder of j L Partners. He has a lot of stuff that gets published in the Daily Mail. He was once the polster for the Prime Minister of England. He's a good buddy of mine. James, thanks for being on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me. Ron.
Speaker 1: So you have a new poll out from it's in the Daily Mail. What is your findings on Trump's approval rating?
Speaker 3: Right, so, we do think that Trump's approval rating has gone down. We've got a forty five percent before we were actually about fifty percent for Trump. In fact, two weeks ago we had him at his joint highest approval rating. So we've generally shown better numbers for Trump than the average. We do think he's come down a bit. We think he's in the mid forties. We think, however, he's nowhere near some of the more dire ratings that some of the poles as are putting out. So we don't think he's on thirty eight thirty nine percent. We think he's in the mid forties. Actually, by Trump standards, that's really not that bad.
Speaker 1: Right, So okay, so first things first I did. I looked at all the polls that had just recently come out, and the interesting thing about them, where pollsters like you Atlas, Intel and Quantus Insights, you, the three you're at three poles are much more alike with each other than other polls. What's your what's his unfavorable number? If it's favoral is forty.
Speaker 2: Five fifty five? We do it without the donotes, okay, so oh gotcha?
Speaker 1: All right, so it's ten with no donuts, gotcha. Now. The thing that I found interesting, and the reason I think it was interesting, is that in the ABC Washington Post, the New York Times, CNN, CBS, economists, you name it. Trump's favorable numbers with all those pollsters among Republicans is somewhere in the low seventies. The now for you guys, for your pole, they just came, it's eighty five. And that ten point margin among Republicans, and also you have a isentially higher support among independents that makes up a large chunk of the favorability rating. Do you think that there's any possibly like one in four Republicans have an unfavorable opinion of him.
Speaker 3: No, No, okay, And if this is the thing, so, I think a lot of pollsters are well.
Speaker 2: I think it's a lot of reasons behind this.
Speaker 3: But the fundamental problem with some of these polls is that they are still getting too many Harris voters in their samples. Now, that was a problem in twenty twenty four, where people were getting too many people.
Speaker 2: Intending to vote Harris.
Speaker 3: But they've now got too many people who voted Harris in twenty twenty four in their samples to debt to death. And that's the reason you're getting these Republicans who actually are not indicative of Republicans as a whole. They are Republicans who actually perhaps opted for Harris in twenty four or indeed didn't vote. So I think we're getting these Poles who they did not do very well in twenty four, and now they're putting out these bad approval ratings of Trump. I have to say, right, I find it baffling. I find it incredible if you just take the three posters with the lowest Trump ratings that also had Poles in twenty twenty four, let me read them out to you. ABC, Washington Post, Dipsos. They've got thirty nine percent Trump approval. They had Harris three points ahead in November in an SRSS forty one percent Trump approval. They had Harris winning by six points in Wisconsin, five points in Michigan. New York Times Sienna often talks about as a gold standard forty two percent Trump approval. They had Harris winning all the swing states by Arizona. Now, I don't need to point out to your esteemed listeners that's not what happened. Trump won the popular vote anyone, all seven sin swing states. So I find it slightly baffling that these media outlets are still hiring the exact same polsters with the exact same methodology that meant that they fell so far wide of the mark in November.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the New York Times poll did a little better than the other ones, as I believe they were in version of error in most of the swing stations. Is why I still listen to them. I like CNN for the fact that they show cross tabs. I mean, that's really all I have to go for them. I'm like, Okay, at least I can see the I can see the work, and a lot of other poles they don't show cross steps or they show limited ones, even like Wuinnipiac, which those limited ones. But so you were at a piece with the Spectator where you went in on these polsters and why that they were wrong? Is it the fact? And this has been my long standing opinion, especially when a him to polling senior citizens senior citizen poll in many polls, like even the New York Times Sanaple which you just mentioned, in the swing states in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, they had Harris not only winning seniors in those states, but they went winning them by double digits. I think in Michigan they had her winning by twenty points senior citizens, senior citizens have moved to the left as polier. Senior citizens who were I would say silent generation or greatest generation have died off and baby boomers, who are more progressive have become senior citizens. I said, it's like, you know, it's like the archie Bunker was a senior citizen. He's no longer alive. Meat loaf. The liberal son alone is a senior citizen now. But among senior citizens there is a there are there are older liberals who are you know MSNBC viewers who would break someone's neck to go answer a poll. They will do anything to answer a pole. They cannot wait to tell you how much they hate Trump, And that same kind of participation is not is not there for conservative senior citizens. Do you find that as well as that why we're seeing these numbers that are sometimes very off in that in that demographic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a key factor.
Speaker 3: Our research during the twenty twenty four election showed that the group that was most likely to pick up a landline polling pool were older, white middle class women. Now, I haven't got anything against older white middle class women. They're an important group to poll, but they're not so important that they should flood your your polling answers, and that group is more likely to vote Democrat than a Republican way. Is what was behind that and Seltzer's disastrous Iowa pole. She only used landline polling, she picked up more of those people. She thought that was the story of the election. It was actually the.
Speaker 2: Story of her polling buyers. So that is a big element.
Speaker 3: The fundamental problem I think to that poll to others is that they are using traditional methods in an information ecosystem that isn't traditional anymore. For every voter, I sort of think of them as having a bubble around their head, and they've got media on one hand giving them some things. They've got AI on the other giving them some things. They've got social media. They've also got their friends and family. They've also just got their own view of the world, and polling has to sort of overlap with that bubble. You can't just go people on landlines and only penetrate a bit of that. You've got to a potion in a different way. So one of the things that we do alongside the traditional methods is in app polling. So if you're playing a game on your phone or you're online shopping, you get a notification, do you want to get a discount or do you want to win fifty thousand game points? Complete this short survey. It picks up people who are not who are not answering those traditional things. It picks up more disengaged people. It also picks up busy people. Ryan a key part of the Trump coalition were busy blue collar workers who weren't going to go and answer a poll. It wasn't because they didn't distrust the bowling. It was because they were working all day and didn't have the time.
Speaker 1: So problem when you have like the economists, which asks the economists you go poles which literally ask one hundred and eighty seven questions, so like you have to spend an hour of your day. Now they pay people or do those poles, which I think also feeds into the inaccuracy. But you have to do one hundred and eighty sum questions. So in your piece that you know that Trump's approvings have gone down, how much of it is tariffs? And what is the conversation tariffs are having a month?
Speaker 3: So we asked people in that same poll, what is the reason that you feel more negative towards Trump? And we asked that of people, of everyone, but we've narrowed it down in the analysis to Trump voters, now too small a samples to say too much about. But the general gist of those answers was that it was about tariffs. And we actually did a word cloud and the most mentioned word in the word cloud was the word tariffs. However, I think it's more complicated than just people think tariffs are bad. I don't think they do. When Trump first announced his Liberation Day tariffs, we actually had Trump's approval at fifty four percent the week after. They respected when we dug into the numbers. They respected a sense of direction, a sense of strength, a sense of this is what he said he'd do. What we've actually seen happened since is that since Trump softened and changed some of his positions on tariffs, voters have lost a bit of that benefit of the doubt. They're less saying he's strong, he's getting things done, he's taking a strong stance on this. They're more saying, well, I still trust Trump, I still like him, but I'm not quite sure what the strategy is, what's the plan here? And that's taken away a bit of that respect, and it's made people worry a little bit more about the impact on their four oh one k and their wallets.
Speaker 2: So, look, I don't think this is a.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I've been saying to everyone in Washington is that I don't I who work in the media a lot, and I know every I know a lot of members of Congress and the Trump administration, and I work for the Vice president. I don't know what what the plan is. I don't know. I don't understand what the end goal is with the tariffs, and it's very very frustrating. I'm looking at your word bubble right now. Tariffs is like not only the biggest word, it takes upody I think at least probably forty percent of all the space available. And then in the lower words, the words that are are not as big as tariffs are tariff tariffs spelled a different way with two r's instead of the two f's, mosque elon doje. And then minor lower is like deportations, which is very very very small, but it's mostly China's. There is a small bubble. Ukraine is a very small bubble, but it is almost entirely tariffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think it's particularly this this this watering down the people have wondered. Look from a political CON's point of view, that's either a that's either an issue of well, you know, perhaps the U turn, perhaps he shouldn't have changed position, or perhaps you shouldn't have brought it in the first place if it was always inevitably that it was going to change position. It reminds me of a British example, Ryan of Liz Truss. She was Prime Minister in the UK for a very short period. She ended up resigning. She went from pretty good approval ratings to catechismically bad ones. And the reason is not so much because of the economic policy that she took, but the fact she reversed it massively.
Speaker 2: She lost that hunch. Now.
Speaker 3: I don't think we're seeing the same thing happen here. I don't think we are seeing an abandonment of Trump. I think this is people just going a bit like, okay, I'm still with him, but what's the plan they want that reassurance. I don't think it's an abandonment on trust levels. But it's similar in that it's the reversal that's done the damage rather than the policy itself, but just very quickly. Ry So I just want to pick up on something you said there. What this isn't It is not a backlash against deportations. It is not a backlash against the case of Garcia in Al Salvador. It is not really even a bat against Elon Musk or Doche. It's not a backlash against Trump's style. It's not a backlash on Ukraine and Zelenski. It's a very particular thing that has just made them doubt whether Trump's cat a strategy. On the bulk of the Trump policy platform, his voters are still really, really behind him.
Speaker 1: Now, I want to bring up something else that you put it in your poll. I'm looking at the cross tims you've made about approval disapproval with the neutral there, with the I don't know Trump's numbers, My Hispanics have fallen substantially, and this has been in a lot of different poles. That actually makes me question whether they're or correct or not. Did the entire realignment that affected how you know, this election? Last election went and his bag supporting Trump has fallen apart because of deportations.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it has.
Speaker 3: I think we'd be careful with those small, small cross tab numbers. I think all polsters at this stage, remember, are not trying to predict an election, so they therefore are a little bit like you know that that that they're spending a bit less money, frankly, And I think that's also why we get a lot of these more garbage poles coming out, because people are just actually investing a lot less in it, because their reputation is riding on it less. Right, So I'd always be I'd always be cautious even with my own poll about cross tabs at this cross breaks at that level at the stage when I've carried on doing one to one voter interviews with voters since since the election, and I was actually doing Hispanic voter interviews in Nevada a couple of weeks ago, and the general gist that I get is that actually, although they do not want to go out and show and talk to their friends and families saying they're in support of deportations, actually their support for them has basically remained pretty stable since the election. Yes, they're more nervous about talking about it and telling the neighbors that they support President Trump, but actually on the bulk of the fairness issue, I think they're pretty much in line. The message I got again and again and again in an election I still get now is I did it the right way. These people did it the wrong way. So I don't think that's gone. Look, I don't think these Hispanics, especially Hispanic men, who came over to Trump, I don't think they became lifelong Republicans overnight. But I do think they became swing voters for the first time in that election. That doesn't mean the Republicans have goten for good. It means they're up for grabs, But it also means they haven't lost them either.
Speaker 1: Got it Okay, Well that's I mean, that's good to know the other part of the cross tabs, and I know not to get to obsess them. But this is not laying your cressos. This is in everybody's young people. Young people. There was a research done by David Shore that showed that young men between these of eighteen to twenty one were the most Republican demographic. The Yale poll came out right afterwards, showing that young men were plan voting for Republicans in the twenty twenty six mid terms at the greatest portion of any group. Your poll has Trump falling. I think twenty points among young men. Other polls actually a bit for much much lower, not young men, young people as a whole. What is your opinion of the youth vote and how that's changed, Because they would seemingly be the least affected by tariffs in the stock market because they don't have, you know, a lot of stocks, and they're not, you know, their four to one k plans are rather small to fit a boom orrogen X.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 3: I think that is right, But they are also a group young men are also a group that are more like he's been plugged into financial news, and I think they're more what our research are shown, they're more likely to be tracking things like cryptocurrency, things like stocks on their phone than actually any group, even those who actually have more stocks.
Speaker 2: So it's interesting.
Speaker 3: They do seem to be a bit more plugged into that sort of information system that means that they see those things.
Speaker 2: So I think there's a bit of that.
Speaker 3: Look again, I would just come back to the point that I don't think there's any I don't think they're lost for good by any stretch. I think we have got a really interesting generational shift here, and I do think young men both in America and in other countries are having a real backlash to some of the stuff that's have been out there about gender rights. I spoke to a eighteen year old black man in Nevada as a swing voter interview. He was a first time Trump voter. I mean, he was a first time voter, but he is voting trumpet for the first time of anyone in his family and for him.
Speaker 2: I asked him why, and he just came.
Speaker 3: Back to the Democrats are pushing nonsense on gender and they want you know, they're pushing all this stuff on trends, and I'm more interested in the economy now. His view was that Trump had to improve the economy for him to carry on voting Republican. So he's not with Trump for good, but he's giving Trump a chance, and he's giving the Republican Party a chance. I do think though, that if the Republicans need to be concerned about one thing, it's how they get out these younger men, younger non white voters who gave Trump a vote for the first time. How do they get them out in twenty twenty six Because these are not people who have traditionally voted a lot in these elections, and that's the big challenge I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the problem where you have with the with Boomer's movies, a lt of people who are always voting, voting consistently, you'll have That's why you're seeing the special elections move ten twenty points and some seats that they're really not competitive in it, and it might be a very big problem for the midterms. I agree with that sentiment. I don't really know the answer the top of my head, but I think that that is really important part. What is the most if you were to sit there and talk to somebody about from like the White House, about an administration about the whole tariffs, would it be to double down on a plan or to kind of walk back and announce a bunch of free trade agreements and and just you know, call it a day. What would be what would be the best impactful for a polls? You know, because you have a few months until they start really mattering ahead of the midterms, But what would your opinion be?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, my first I'm going to I promise I'm going to answer your question, Ryan, But my first, my instinctive answer to that is ignore us, ignore the pollsters.
Speaker 2: Do what you think is right for the country.
Speaker 3: Like you know, President Trump, if if he's going to face what usually happens at the mid terms, which is that the opposition wins, then he should use this two years to do whatever the hell he wants to improve the country, so that that would be That's my fundamental answer. But if you're looking at how to message it best, I think you know, and I think that it's probably now showing that this is a plan that is paid off and that it's resulting in this free trade deal, this trade deal, tying it back to it. If they can't do that, then I think it's probably best to get off the issue and move on to something else.
Speaker 1: James Andson. Where can people go to read your stuff, read your polls, all your information?
Speaker 3: So they go on Twitter x is the best place, James Johnson two five two, And if you also look on jail partners dot com that's where we upload all of our latest polling and you can also get in touch there if you're interested in any further information.
Speaker 1: Cheers James Andson, Happy birthday. Thank you so much. You do great jobs in polling and people should check it out now.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Ron you're listening to It's The Numbers Game with Ryan Grodowski. We'll be right back after this message. And now for the Ask Me anything part of this show. Once again, please send me a questions about literally anything that I can answer. I'll do the research for you. Can ema me Ryan at Numbers Game podcast dot com. That's plural numbers, Ryan at Numbers Game Podcast, come my email. This question this week was actually so simple. Do you have a book recommendation for me? And I do so. This is not a popular World War two book. It's not like huge, but it's one of my favorites called Diary of a Man in Despair by Friedrich Reich R. E. C. K. It is a book about a German aristocrat watching the rise of Nazis and losing his country. It is written from a conservative perspective. It's beautiful, it's heartbreaking, it's his own it's it's his diary, so it's it's it's very powerful, beautiful book. Love it, love it, love it. Cannot recommend it enough to people once again. Diary of a Man in Despair by Frederick Reich quick and easy, and it's also not super long. I'm the middle of reading a book right now, which is like seven hundred pages, and sometimes it's this is this book's a slog. It's a good book, but it's a slog. So maybe i'll give you a review when I'm finally.
Speaker 2: Done with it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thank you all for listening this week. I really appreciate all of you. Please like and subscribe at the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your podcasts, and please check us out next week. Thank you all.