Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Find your local station for Covino Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 1: It's Covino and Moonboy, Moonboy Davis, that's to call him. We're further away than ever before broadcasting live wild Man from Fox Sports Radio. But one day the Moon, the first show to broadcast from the Moon. That's the goal is that we're gonna do. Yeah, because we're shooting for the stars. At the very least. We broadcast from the Moon with Danny g and Mancy Bolanos and thank you Ryan for hanging out with us. Mark's taking over Covino and Rich. So we're giving away prizes this hour, very special guests, doing some trivia. That's if we have time, because you never know. If we start grooving, we start rolling, anything can happen. It's a Covino and Rich Choose your Adventure show Well tonight. It all culminates March Madness, one shining moment, hit that high note see a little montage, get emotional. You know what the goal is. It's like when that high note hits, to have one tier you you got to time out the tier tonight because I know you cry at the end of it. At the end of every championship. Rich for whatever reason, he's not a big college basketball guy. But when you see everybody celebrating their victory and the one shining moment plays the nostalgia cutting down of the net, if you could time out that one little crocodile tier right as when they hit that note, is it Luther tonight? Is it Luther? Vandros w does a love of.
Speaker 2: Montage, That's my point. I mean, I've been loving montages since the Rocky movies.
Speaker 1: Dude, I get emotional watching strangers weddings montage. You ever go to a wedding and you don't even really know the people and the montage kicks in. Oh, say it's a slide show the bride and grim You're like.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Them, but this is Gorse'll time out the tears and enjoy the game. Tonight, yukon Michigan, we'll talk more about that. It's a one shining Monday. It's the first line. The bowl is tipped. There you want to give me your best the balls tipped in that Luther voice, Come on, I can't. The ball is tipped. We go here, I'll go. The bowl is tipped. Good vibrato d the ball is the ball is tip Wow? Yeah, that's time. Wow a golo. He's more like the bowl is. He can't even try. And there you My voice can't go any higher. Well, enjoy tonight.
Speaker 2: And by the way, if you check out our Fox Sports Radio Bracket Challenge right now, our hosts are competing against you, guys and listeners. Jason oh and Matthew k currently atop the standings in first place headed into the title game. In the host standings, Ben mallers in first place, but Colin and Martin weize right on his tail.
Speaker 4: You know, marn Sorry, fun fact was all chalk. He picked all favorites, like the entire thing strategy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The winning listener bracket after a champion his crown will win a thousand dollars gift card. Fox Sports Radio Bracket Challenge presented by Wee Bowl. It's time to get your financial portfolio game ready. With wee Bowl get powerful investing tools and real time data all on one platform. It started by downloading the wee Ble app today or visiting wee bowl dot com.
Speaker 5: We both financial LLC member sa PC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: Thank you all right, any final thoughts before we move past baseball being a solid number two now behind the.
Speaker 1: Th Thank yeah, I have I have a few thoughts. I think it's a perfect storm of not just one thing, like you know, that big fight you got in your wife, you and your wife kind of over the week. I did it. Sorry man, that Fox Sports are all good. We talked about it wasn't like just the one thing. I think it's a build up of things. And I think there's so many factors as to why baseball is now beating NBA. NBA load management, people don't like the attitudes of the NBA mixed with Baseball making all these fun changes. I think show Hey Otani and Aaron Judge have a lot to do with that. The Dodgers being good again. You know, so much is involved the pitchclock. Obviously, it's a mixture of factors that make this what it is right now, World Baseball Classic Healther momentum, And I do have a question based on that though. If baseball's number two right now, and that momentum carries, just like they're saying in the New York Times today, the Athletic and everywhere else, we were saying it. We said it last week when Frank calling Endo was here. I remember talking about that. We've been saying that for a minute. You know, for years we've seen the black population in MLB go down and down and down. When we were kids, who was black superstars left and right in MLB? They Winfield, Ricky Henderson, Don Baylor, you name them right like it went on and on. Donald Shrubberry like badass black dudes, Kevinid like we love them. And all of a sudden, what NBA became more prominent, NFL became more prominent. We start losing our African American baseball stars as a result. Lower than eight percent, I believe was the last stat I saw. You'd have to ask Rob Parker, He's the guru there, the MLB bro. If that momentum carries and all these little kids are influenced by this change, and baseball cards are popping a few years from now, Are we going to start seeing the young Ken Griffy juniors of the world again? Because I'm all ready for that. I sure hope so, because I think baseball is such a global which should be an inclusive sport. I love to see a team.
Speaker 2: When you see a team and you got Asian dudes, Dominican dudes, Puerto Rican.
Speaker 1: Guys, White guys, Black guys, Today's Eric Davis out there. We know because we were losing those guys to NBA and NFL. But if baseball's back, my prediction ow is We're going to start seeing more dudes like that, and I'm all for it. I love those I love it can I love those moments like when I think back of some of my heroes. Like I said, one of my favorite players ever was Dave Big Dave winfield Man who chose baseball over NBA and NFL. Kyler Murray wishes he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, interestingly enough, I mean, without really thinking about it, would you think and agree that baseball a tougher path. But I get baseball is a tougher path, and a lot of people try to say, what's my easiest way to become an athlete. If I'm an elite athlete, right, what's my best way to make money? And basketball and football have been I guess you would say a quicker path. Would you say, though, that of all the majors, there's an opportunity for baseball to clearly be the most diverse. If that means something to you, mean I that means so much. I think that's what makes baseball amazing. If you always say representation matters, and if you if you look at a ball club and you got Dominican guys, like I said, white dudes, Asian guys, black guys, and you got a twenty six man roster and it's a mix of just great athletes from all back.
Speaker 1: And raises the competition. Man, I want another like Dave Stewart out there folding the brim up the last time.
Speaker 2: When was the last time there was a real intimidating African American picture Dave Stewart, Like I mean Dontrelle Willis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know to Bob Gibson's of the world. Ye know what I'm saying, it's Dwight Good of the world. It's been a minute because you know, question, let's see the same way.
Speaker 2: I grew up on Long Island where lacrosse had its moment, where a lot of our good baseball players were like completely lacrosse. I remember getting mad on the biggest scale. A lot of the best black athletes were like, now we're gonna go, like I said, play basketball or.
Speaker 1: NBA because it's it's hey, man, it turns more heads, it's sexier. You know. Baseball had a slower, lamer vibe to it. And again it's it's just what they were willing to do.
Speaker 2: Unless you're Connor Griffin who's tearing it up for the Pirates. Unless you're that kid. Even if you're elite, you still got to put your hymen. You still got to go to the miners and work out, you know, work out some possibilities and problems, like you know, if you're a pitcher, they want to see your stuff. So it's it's tougher.
Speaker 1: But I do think that there'll be more of an appeal from baseball moving on. Ritings are proven it that it's as of now. Everything goes in cycles, but baseball's back and we're here for it now. Speaking of the NBA, which is I guess number three right now at the moment. Oh, I have a question real quickly. Sure based on the black athletes.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen someone speculate what if all of America's best black athletes like, yeah, I'm gonna play soccer, would we immediately become like a true.
Speaker 1: World competitor who would takes some time?
Speaker 2: But no, but I'm saying, let's say, think of all the best athletes in the NBA football if young.
Speaker 1: Black kids chose soccer. Imagine our team was like Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 2: And think of all the most athletic African American athletes if they all show a soccer like, well, all of a sudden, when we'd be like, yeah, move over, Ranaldough like we got a squad, but you know, move over like uh and Bapa, you know, like we want to see I think it would be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It would be very cool. Uh. So I'm curious to see where the future goes with MLB. But NBA, you know, we're not knocking it. It's still fun. But Yanna said some things, Oh, let's just leave it at that. And you know, it makes me think of certain things you don't do, like you keep things in the clubhouse, you don't air your dirty laundry. As the saying goes, you know, every culture, every family, everybody has codes they live by, like I don't I don't talk money. I don't talk money with anybody, right. I don't know if I learned that from my dad or whatever, but I just don't. You know. Sebastian Maniscalco does a whole conversation of you never really get you give parent price, You never really even tell them what you paid for. Certain things, certain things you don't discuss. It used to be religion and politics, and now everybody discusses that, and that's why we're so divided on social media. That's somehow turned into the number one thing that everyone gets mad about. But Yannis sort of called out his own team, and I don't know, to me growing up, it wasn't that a no no? Isn't that something you keep to yourself or keep inside the locker room? Well yes, but he's been wanting off the Bucks for a while, so I think this is like a great indicator in proof that you know what Danny says is true. Did you say a no no? He used to be a no no no no Tens tensions. This is according to NBC Sports, tensions between the Bucks and their star Giannis. After the Koumpo blew up.
Speaker 2: In public on Friday, right before we got into the weekend, when the Greek freak himself called out the Bucks or not letting him play despite him saying I'm healthy enough to go. Now the NBA is stepping in with an investigation, something confirmed by NBC Sports answered the Kopah pulled punch it, speaking to reporters saying, I've never seen a case of a player saying, especially a player of my caliber, he pointed out, saying I'm good to go. I want to quote f and play. You know what I'm saying. I don't think I've ever seen this, So there needs to be an investigation. Great, there should be.
Speaker 1: How do you come back from that that if all signs aren't leaning toward him not being on his team? I don't know anything, Like how do you recover for something like that. I don't think you patch it up after that. Imagine being the coach of the team.
Speaker 6: Doc Rivers said, the tough part about all this is I'm in the middle and I have nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: So now Doc is saying like it's coming from above. So that just shows that an investigation perhaps should be in place, Danny Giguz. If the coach is saying, if Doc Rivers saying I got no, I got no saying this, and Giannis is saying I could play, then where's it coming from?
Speaker 1: Ownership saying that's going on here?
Speaker 6: They want better dress position and they want to make sure, you know, he doesn't get hurt because.
Speaker 2: He's not worth it, obvious reasons. But that's that's that's interesting, Mancy Belangos.
Speaker 1: So what are you know, just to make it clear to you though, what are other things like besides biting the hand that feeds? All Right, you don't you don't trash your employer when you're still working for them, Right, That's why in radio though, Right, Yeah, maybe it's old school, but if I'm right, this will put him somewhere else eventually, and I guess that's really what he wants, so it works in his favor. But there's a reason in radio that when you're most of the time, when you're fired, unless they have a really really great trust in you and they're going to let you go, that's your last broadcast because they don't know what you're gonna do or say afterward, Right, there's a reason, because you're not supposed to trash your employer. You're just not. If you hear some etiquette, if you hear someone say and this is our last show, that means they are so trusted by management that like he it didn't work out, But we trust these guys. We trust this woman because you never want your employer. You never want to give your your employer the opportunity. You never want to let the give the employee the opportunity to trash the employer that way. I've never done that while on the job, have you. I mean, it's a bad look. If you went off on the radio trashing your employer, you'd probably be fired. So for him to say something like this, that's a wild statement. Manse you were saying before we started the show today.
Speaker 2: We were discussing this and you said, you're just shocked he said it out loud. And there's things that we think that we don't say out loud. Oh, but this is this is under that category. And I think that's a fun angle here, like what are those things that Oh, I shouldn't have said that out loud? I mean I thought it, but ooh I shouldn't have said that out loud.
Speaker 4: This is an example. We see a lot, especially in the NBA, with players saying that they're hurt or that they want to come back out, but it's always just like, oh, well the trainer said. You know, they always like defer to the trainers, the medical staff this. It's never been like I want to play and they're not letting me. I know what.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people don't say out loud, but they have an answer. Hey, your team advanced. Now now you sit around and wait to see who wins on Sunday. Who do you rather play?
Speaker 1: Imagine someone's like, yeah, I rather play the Patriots, Like I don't want to. I don't. Yeah, you may think it, but you don't say. Well, I'll just say.
Speaker 2: There's a parents on one of my kids teams. I heard the wife say this out loud, and I was like, oh my god, she might as well cut off their husband's nuts. She goes, well, if my husband made more money just in front of other parents, wow, say like I was like, you might, man, that was he there?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And I'm like you just emasculated your dude in front of all the other fighting words. Well, you know, we maybe go on more trips or do something or maybe our kid.
Speaker 1: You know, if you know Frank made more money. I'll give you something you say you want to say, like when people show you their baby, and like O when people show you pictures of their kids and you're like, oh, yeah, you mean it's not good to say he looks like a little alien? Yeah it was little. Did you have a little coolie? What is that? What's you Someone told me the other day they had an answer for this. Oh he's so cute. Who said?
Speaker 2: Someone just the other day said they're the best answer. Someone shows you their ugly kid, don't you say.
Speaker 3: Still looks like a baby.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you must love him so much. You know, that's a great response because you don't say what you really think, like, oh really they fully developed? Yeah, what's going on here? You don't say those things. You think those things? And I think what Yiannis did was you know he crossed that line. I mean with full intentions. I get it, like he met What are things you don't say out loud? I'll give you one since I uh, since you know, Doug left the network. I'm the number one coach on Fox Sports Radio. What if? What if someone's kid it's just not for them.
Speaker 2: Let's say you're coaching basketball or baseball or whatever you're coaching flag football.
Speaker 1: Is it ever fair to tell a parent like, yeah, I don't know this is for your kid. I know you think it, but there's always that that chance that they could turn a corner and they better so they're getting something out of it. They're so little. I know you think it though, but again, you'd be so off color to say it, like that's why this is an off color you know moment. This is an odd story. This is a big superstar talking poorly about his team that he's on. He's asking for them to be investigated. Like that's that's really bad.
Speaker 2: I made the mistake once and this is this is ye intruders, beware, as they said in Goonies, don't do this. When I was a younger, dumber man in my twenties, I remember telling an ex girlfriend.
Speaker 4: No, I already, I already don't like where this is going.
Speaker 2: I told the girl I dated that she should do something in the bedroom because my because my ex did I And I was like, I was like, well guess what she did?
Speaker 3: Blank, My god, what was I think?
Speaker 6: What are you thinking? It was bad. It would be as bad as you saying you gave and wait, that's something you never say to anybody.
Speaker 1: In my mind, I'm like, yeah, like, you know, we should, uh, we should try to doing whatever this or that and on that well, I mean my ex so well, yeah, there's things you shouldn't say out loud. I know, there's just so many, But like I feel awkward saying them on the radio because you're not supposed to say. You ever been in like mixed company maybe uh a new girlfriend's family or something, and you're eating dinner with them for the first time. You just can't wrap your head around how boring they are. But you want and you want to say something like my dad did this once, and he's gonna he's gonna hate that I brought this up, so I'll be vague.
Speaker 2: I was being let's just say my dad with let's just say some we'll call it extended family. My dad once subtle lost it. He's like, this is how families start to fight, right.
Speaker 1: I think my dad was just trapped in the scenario where everyone was just quiet and boring.
Speaker 2: I won't say who was let's say extended family. My dad just like was like I've had enough. You guys are all terribly boring because what's going on.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you guys fun guys have conversation, like my dad looks nobody's bomb is a terrible experience. I'm leaving and then oh man, people get offended. But I don't believe like your dad had enough in that moment, right. I mean, but these are things we all think. I'll take you. I said this.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of times we don't say. I said this to the Spot once, our video guy who I love. Spot's been one of our best pals for what twenty plus years now. We've known him since we're like out of college. Spot was we started working together out of college, and here we are.
Speaker 1: You're being nice because he can make you look good on camera.
Speaker 2: Right now, Spot, give me a little Lighting's gonna put a Spot's gonna superpose a dunce hat on.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna show a bigger head. Is so.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, maybe what like a decade ago or so, we're still living on the East Coast. Spott and his wife had a Christmas party and we were all there and I was like, I gotta be honest as party stinks.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and you remember that. I remember the party and I just remember being like, I don't know what it is, dude, because he's like, hey, you guys have and I go, I love hanging with you.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was your wife's co workers or who you invited, but like this that was a weak ass party.
Speaker 1: Rich in full sga gear.
Speaker 4: It's like when you see a woman who maybe is pregnant and you don't know, don't ever say anything, even if you're thinking.
Speaker 1: We witness something at serious sex on wants the greatest thing ever want.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: So We're we're in the kitchen, were getting little pre show coffee. See our habits companies change, same stupid con being no, Rich, We're getting coffee before the show in the kitchen and one of our female co workers says to another female coworker, oh my god, congratulations, when are you do?
Speaker 1: No, and she goes, I'm not I just got fat, and we were like oh, and we were like.
Speaker 7: Especially if it was a woman saying it to another woman, that's almost of course, like if a guy says you're like, guys are so stupid, right, But if a woman says it to another oof.
Speaker 1: Just no, yeah, keep it to yourself unless you know that you made that baby.
Speaker 2: Don't say you see an announcement on Instagram or anything.
Speaker 1: So again, it's like either they didn't think before they spoke, or they were so bold enough to just say it right. And that's what Yannis was in this moment. He knew what he was saying. I think I just can't believe he said it. I think it'd be summed up in a world now where players have more control. This is the way to put a little ball on this conversation, because I know you have to do that. How you can put a little bow on Yannis gotta be a real job. One of those big bows that you have like a car dealer, should be a big one. The bow on this conversation is simply Yiannis is just proving that in the world where players in the NBA, NFL, baseball, hockey, athletes have more power than they ever had before, they're no longer at the mercy of like, oh my god, thank you so much for the opportunity, because there's thirty plus teams in every league, and and you see more now than ever that things that you're like, oh my god, they said that out loud or it's happy because players have this, especially star players, had the unique ability. Yeah, I want off this team, you know what, I'll just talk smack and get rid of me good enough to play somewhere else and not let this story carry over and ruin his reputation, you know, like an average player. And it's been proven in the past few weeks. If you're an average player and you say something a little off color and they're like, yeah, ma'n about you leave the team, then yeah.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Yeah, the guy in the balls, right guy and the bulls said some stuff about.
Speaker 1: The gay community and they're like, yeah, out of here. But if that was a star player, it would have been an apology and therapy or something like that. If you average six points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, if that was a star player, that would have been you know, I need to go to counseling and learn, and I've learned.
Speaker 1: And if this wasn't Yiannis, same same thing.
Speaker 2: The hot girl there guys are more. Guys are more tolerant of hot girls. Hot girls have a bigger more leeway with a guy. They could say and do terrible things, and the guys like wag so world dumb. All right, listen, here's what we're doing, Big Poppy.
Speaker 1: We're debuting a new game.
Speaker 2: We've done We've done Tyson Trivia, We've done Showtime Mahomes Trivia.
Speaker 1: We did Chucky NFL Trivia.
Speaker 2: Recently we did Shack Diesel Trivia. It's time for baseball trivia, and who better to break out than superstar Red Sox legend Big Poppy David Ortiz.
Speaker 1: We'll do that next.
Speaker 2: If you want to play eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox, Big Poppy Trivia is next.
Speaker 1: Every sports every sports season season is built on preparation, studying the trends, and making the necessary adjustments to reach the ultimate goal. Investing deserves the same approach. With wee Bowl, you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app designed to help make you make informed decisions.
Speaker 2: You said it, buddy, Whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETFs and more, or planning for the long term. Maybe your family's dealing with IR raise, you're doing cash management or custodial accounts for your children. We Bowl gives you the tools to invest your way, all on one.
Speaker 1: Platform, looking to take your preparation to the next level. Check out we Bull's learn resources and join their in app community feed to discuss investing trends and happenings alongside twenty five million users globally. And now's the time you can get help streamlining your trading activities and elevate your strategy By using Vega, that is we Bowl's personal market AI assistant. You get things like real time analysis, watch list insights, and alerts when earnings drop. So get your financial portfolio game ready. Download the we bowl app today or by visiting we bowl dot.
Speaker 5: Com we both Financial LLC member SIPCFENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bul dot com Slash disclosures.
Speaker 8: Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it.
Speaker 3: Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 8: Get that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Two Pros and a Cup of Job, Dan Patt, Colin Cowhard, Stu Godson Company, Live, Covino and Rich Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show.
Speaker 3: Fox Sports Radio on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Subscribe Hit that thumbs up icon and comment away. All right, welcome back to see you an R on FSR Lie from the Fox Sports Radio studio, Covino and Rich Danny g super producing. Monzie's hanging out. Guess what chicken butt our buddy Drew in Nashow who's listening over there? Real quick?
Speaker 2: Because I said all day, no one seems to care about this moon thing. Go ahead, and moon boy, We're about to pass the dark side of the moon.
Speaker 1: We've never been passed. I heard Roger Waters is there. Just so you know, I mean, no one cares, but I think it's fascinating. It's not that nobody cares, it's just that, you know, did you hear the batchelor that was canceled? Brouh For over forty years tire Racks, I'm helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive, shipped fast and free, back by field hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tire rack dot Com the way tire buying should be. And now it's time for the debut of Big Poppy Baseball Trivia.
Speaker 8: Let's go Iron Mike Show Time, My homes Shack, Diesel meets your baseball counterpart.
Speaker 1: It's a big bumpy Corino in ith. I love you guys, especially the Corino guys. The other guy he head too big.
Speaker 8: It's time for Big Poppy Baseball trivia radio.
Speaker 3: Game, firing some MLB trivia at you.
Speaker 1: I ring hard in case I hate it.
Speaker 3: SI big Poppy for big prices.
Speaker 8: We play game you called big Poppy Baseball trivia, the baseball trivia.
Speaker 1: Let's hope that he is bew.
Speaker 6: Weird peewee our security walking bo Poppy into the main studio.
Speaker 1: I see see, what's a puppy?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Did my friend pew wee? Did my friend pee wee?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Waves rich the pewee.
Speaker 6: What's going on with the Red Sox fan base? They're chanting sell the team?
Speaker 1: They doodoo right, they play like doodoo. They play like doodle. Sabon to semon man. It's nice game, my dog. Good to see you. I could he Hey, let's play some three. That's see. Let's see Hey, where's daddy. Where's daddy? Daddy again? Let's meet.
Speaker 6: Let's meet the contestants. The man whose dream is to split a twenty three inch Clazilla hot dog with Francisco Lindor rich Davis.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, he.
Speaker 1: Liked the glazzy.
Speaker 3: Why you act like that on me?
Speaker 1: Why are you like that?
Speaker 6: Sitting in for the goat of radio games, Dan Byer, It is the lovely Montsey Belongings.
Speaker 1: Yeah you Betty, Hey you Betty? Go ready you go? Okay, calm down, Poppy and look at it.
Speaker 6: Wait, my friend, that's my dog looking to win, seeing our prize pack on the studio lines.
Speaker 1: First one through was Mike in Boise. What's a Mike?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 1: Mikey?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 1: Hey? Don't love me? Go hey, don't understand me, amigo? He said, go Yankees. Hey, I don't like the Yankee.
Speaker 3: You know my dog?
Speaker 1: You know my praying? All right?
Speaker 3: Hey, to hear the dogs?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 4: The right?
Speaker 1: No, but you know, my friend, now, I hope you lose. Oh no, big Poppy, deep down you know you want to be a Yankee? No are you not going with me?
Speaker 3: You know, go with me?
Speaker 1: What did we do with this game? We opened up a big can like that, Poppy? Yeah, all right.
Speaker 6: Here are the rules for Big Poppy venceball trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champ. If there's a tie. We have a tie breaker question. Your name is your buzzer, but you gotta wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question. Are you ready, let's go, Let's get it on.
Speaker 1: Okay, is a big poppy THREEBIA and uh this is how we're saying it, Dominican Republic. We played today, We win today. That see do see? Okay? All right? Which year in which year was the first electric scoreboard used during the season? Was it A nineteen ten, B nineteen fourteen or C nineteen twenty?
Speaker 6: Mike, Mike, Mike C nineteen twenty? No, sorry, gogo, Rich, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it's gotta B nineteen fourteen, Right, Okay, Rich boy, pee wee, pee wee with the wins, you got lucky? I did, I did get lucky nineteen fourteen.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: Dude named Howard Bryan and Indiana created it. Howard Brian could be here, right, So Rich Rich is on the board as we go around two.
Speaker 1: This might be our only ever big puppy training. Who is the first how you say? Major league team to over two hundred and sixty teen home runs in a season. Was it a the Twins?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I played for the Twins. People forget I sunked on the Twins. I go to Boston, I become superstar. Uh B the Dwyers or c the Colorado Rockies, Monsey Monsey see the Rockies? No, Mike, Hey, Yes, the Minnesota two. Now the twenty nineteen Twins hit two hundred and eighty eight home run Dang, yeah, Mike cathway to a price pack. Hey he could be here? Yeah, Rich, Mike tie as we go to round three? Hey, Mike, you go with me? You go with me?
Speaker 3: We going to my dog?
Speaker 1: Mike, you my dog?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Wait, Dedik?
Speaker 3: Where's Dedik?
Speaker 1: You got same birthday as me? I don't know. Okay, let's see a round three, big puppy. What was I once quoted saying about being humble? I could be here. I could walk around at Boston and just be normal citizen. I don't stand out. B. I'm the same guy I've always been. I'm the same guy now when I was hitting fidty home runs, I don't change or see I'd be humble while sitting in my hot red Ferrari. Oh, Mike, Mike for the wind B Yes, B yeah, correct, you play today, you win today.
Speaker 6: See yes, even when you were hitting fifty home runs, you were just like kicked back, huh fifty.
Speaker 1: Nohere you go? Why you? Why are you? My friend? Poppy? Thank you?
Speaker 3: Why you act like that?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Mike, thank you, Gracia, Mike, Mike. I'm sorry, I thought he was talking to Mike.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mike, congratulations, go Yankees. We are going to mail out a price pack to you there and boys.
Speaker 1: Hey, Mike, you my dog. Congratulations you my dog, you my friend. Let a mikey And by the way, thank you, thank you, big big Poppy. By the way, as Poppy leaves, let me tell you bye Poppy. When Fox took Poppy was hyped up, Yo.
Speaker 4: Big Poppy.
Speaker 2: When Fox took on Jeter, Poppy and Kevin Burkhart wrangles though he was looking.
Speaker 1: Together Derek, it is like it who would.
Speaker 2: Have ever thought that Jeter and Poppy together on a panel would be fantastic?
Speaker 1: But I do love Baseball's coverage with those guys, so Big Poppy loves talking to Derek all the time. He's looking for Derek Jeter all the time.
Speaker 6: That guy after show inside our YouTube channel chat just said, Big Poppy is my favorite intestine ever on your guys man, Well, you know, I knew it was gonna be.
Speaker 1: We got favor, We got to wrangle him in. You know, it's his first time hosting, so that thank you, Pop Ventcher. But Baseball Trivia is great because baseball's popping like big poppy. It is popping, big popping.
Speaker 2: By the way, we are, what less than ten games into the season, and is there a team with Yeah, the Dodgers, Brewers, and the Yankees are all seven to two.
Speaker 1: That's your best record of Major League Baseball? You believe that as of right now, the worst team is your two and seven do Doo red Sox Dodo red Sox. Y Mets won three in a row. There's six and four. It's blue Jay's record.
Speaker 4: They also just got swept.
Speaker 1: The four and five. Yeah, and the San Francisco Giants are they three and seven? The Giants are three and seven.
Speaker 2: They had a rough so well, you know what, the they won the opener, that a four game set against the Mets.
Speaker 1: They won the opener and then the Mets won the last three.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Cubs got off to a rough star four and six so far, but they'll turn around. I think a lot of people are pumped about the young six and three Pirates and whether or not they can keep that momentum, because it's it's what you are right. You like by design pirates have young stars. You're like, aw man, that it would be fun to see that team really compete in the NL Central. So some good baseball ten games into the season, I'm loving it.
Speaker 1: I'll know about you, oh man. What I'm shocked to find out is, you know, obviously I'm a Yankees fan. So when I'm watching you see some of these moves, you saw a clear like move from the books. It's always that controversy of do you go with the analytics or do you go with your gut? Right, and the Yankees had a chance to steal one yesterday. They played like like Cheeks, but they put j c Ascara in, who like his lifetime average is one eighty five lifetime average. Meanwhile, you have Goldschmidt on the bench, but because you wanted the right matchup, they went with a scar to strike out. Sometimes it does, but it's a clear example of going with your gut versus analytics. And you know, damned if you do, damn if you don't. Because if he came through, then Boone's a genius of course, and that's the manager Deten. He didn't should have went with Goldie. So already that's starting and we're only nine games in. It's like it's a long season, guys. As we get to Manse for the update, you sent me a video and I don't know if I'm just to see this because I'm a Mets fan. Have you guys all seen the movement on Nolan McLean's pitches, like with football out there.
Speaker 2: Like people are you were saying that they're gonna start testing this guy's hands for Spider.
Speaker 1: I feel like Spider Tack investigation coming soon. But it's whiffle ball type stuff. That's not part of the update. What is going on?
Speaker 4: I mean, there's big news out of college hoops, but we'll start with baseball. Why not, because after five hundred and sixty one days of no baseball at Tropic Canna Field, the Tampa Bay Rays we're back in action. Defeated the Cubs six to four. Mets place Swan Soto on the ten day IL with the right cap string. Blue Jays catcher Adejandro Kirk is undergoing surgery on his left thumb. That is what's going on in baseball. When it comes to college hoops. North Carolina is hiring longtime NBA coach Michael Malone to be their next men's basketball coach. The title game in the NCAA Tournament is tonight between two seed Yukon and one seed Michigan, and it's going to tip off at eight fifty pm Eastern Time. TMZ as a story that a person bought one ticket for this game at seventeen thousand dollars to be able to watch this game in person. In the NFL Giants all for All Pro defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence's requested to trade, he will not be participating in the teams in the team's off season workout program that starts on Tuesday. Also, ESPN has a story that the Chicago Bears are going to decide where to build their new stadium in the next few weeks. If Illinois does not pass legislation for Arlington Heights soon, sources believe that the Bears are likely to be Indiana bound. That is the latest. Also, the league and the NFL r A will resume negotiations this week on a new CBA to replace the one that expires next month, and for over forty years, Tarek has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive, ship fast and freedback by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tirek dot com The way tirebind should be got you.
Speaker 2: Always good, Sena mons yis mont you sell that Yoshi babblehead yet or what?
Speaker 3: Of course? No, I'm not selling it.
Speaker 1: I'm giving it.
Speaker 3: It's too cute.
Speaker 1: Everybody's got a price, MANSI. Yeah, A million dollar man told us that. Okay, Teddbasi, we're friends with him, he said. Everybody he's got a price offered the right price.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you something?
Speaker 2: I have a little story to end the show with? You brought up a million dollar man, I did. There's a really wild story involving WWE legend, Ted DBASSEI why, and it ties into sports. Come on and I'll tell you what it is next right here CNR on FSR Now everything can turn in a moment. In augusta DraftKings Sportsbook, America's top sportsbook for live betting, has action from the first t shot to the final putt, so you can react in real time.
Speaker 1: New sportsbook customers bet just five dollars and if your bet wins, you'll get it three hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Helloa.
Speaker 2: The Draftking sports book app now and use code CR show that's coded CR show turn five bucks into three hundred and bonus bets if your bet wins. In partnership with DraftKings, the Crown is yours.
Speaker 9: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or one eight hundred my reset New York called eight seven seven eight hope n Why or text hope and why Connecticut called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Boothill Casino in Kansas. Wag tax passed through may apply in Illinois twenty one plus. In most states, void and Ontario restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive bonus bets, which expire in seven days. Minimum mods required for additional terms and responsible gaming resources see sportsbook doc, DraftKings dot com, slash promos, limited time offer.
Speaker 1: Ye man hauls are still buzzing. Big Poppy shows up. Everyone's all excited about it. Guys handing out T shirts in the hallway. Still. The thing is, nobody wants his wack t shirt, but it's funny everybody. He wants to give it to everyone. Yeah, everybody, those big popular.
Speaker 2: Cavino Rich Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio and DraftKings Sports Book, the number one sports book for live betting, is built for March right now. Use our code see our show to claim your special offerings at DraftKings.
Speaker 1: Again, that's pro promo code. See our show at DraftKings the Crown as you and don't let employee turnover slow down your business. Express Employment Pros finds the talent you need to keep productivity on track from the warehouse to the front office. Express staffs all jobs. Visit expresspros dot com today Wait now tomorrow we have a very special Tuesday edition of Last One Standing, so your chance to win more seeing our prizes, prize packs and giveaways every day here on the show. If you just want to qualify, follow our podcast on Apple Podcasts and say something cool and Danny g I'll shoot you an email and if he calls your name, if you get an email, you win a prize. So thank you, guys. I'm just free talking to our good buddy Rob Parker from The Odd Couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, MLB bro, he's the best. And I was saying, how we were talking about young black kids and whether they're going to be drawn to baseball more because baseball's popping, and you know, we always said how baseball was always at its best when you saw a clubhouse full of a mix of players white, Black, Dominican port one of my favorite Japanese Chinese, like you have like And it really.
Speaker 1: Touched me as a as a kid, you know, because I was sort of a as a mixed kid, right. My mom's Mexican, my my dad's Italian, and you know, I always appreciated diversity. And I had this picture of Big Dave Winfield and Dave Righetti and Don Manningly and Ricky Henderson and Willie Randolph all in, you know, on the same team, playing having fun like that was what it was about for us. Rob was saying that minor league numbers are indicating that there's a rise again of young black players. That's incredible. Love hearing that. And I do see that buzz on social media, like who's talking about it, who's reporting on it? You know about it?
Speaker 2: You know, play it role not not in the re emergence, but in the decline, Michael Jordan and big stars of the NBA started pulling a lot of young black kids to basketball instead. I mean, I'm not surprised, So shout out to our buddy Rob Parker, who's a big baseball guy. Now here's the the great million Dollar Man Ted Dibiassi story. I saw this and it wasn't just someone telling the story, was him. Maybe I'll repost it on my Instagram story at rich Davis. I thought this was great. The million Dollar Man Ted Dibiassi. Do you remember that clip where he would do bits with like Mean Jean, Yes, where he would remember the one famous one where he pulled some cute little black kid on stage and he's like, hey, kid, got a ball. If you could dribble this basketball five times, I'll give you five hundred dollars. Yes, And the kid dribbles one, two, three, four, and then in the last second, the million Dollar Man kicks away the basketball.
Speaker 1: Classic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course that was not a pre planned bit. He pulled the kid from the audience. Did that. Million Dollar Man goes on to say, twenty years later, you know how Ted Dbisi got into like ministry in church yeah, he said he was speaking in Omaha at a big church event. Go ahead, goes to a rental car place, talks to this dude at the rental car place and goes, mister dbass, do you remember that bit you did with the kid dribbling the basketball. He's like it was me? No, but was it really him? And he goes, believe it or not, I'm the manager of this whole big place. I'm doing really well.
Speaker 1: And get this, I went to college on a basketball scholarship. No way, that's aw's a chance of Ted debiosse the million dollar man bumping into that kid at a rental car place, and the kid who he kicked the basketball away from went to college on a basketball scholarship. That's true. So yeah, it was a chance meet up, a chance meeting, right. I'm thinking that you know Dbios's signing or something and you went to see him. No, man, that's pretty cool, mister DIBIASI great to see you. Guess who I am? How cool is that? I'll never forget how they were committed to their character. And I was convinced as a kid not only was he a terrible millionaire picking on little kids, but I remember he was featured on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Back then he was the million dollar man everywhere he went. And you know what that means. What that means, Johanna's you've got to learn a hard cruel back to live. When you don't do the job right, you don't get get paid. And everybody's got it and we all know that bit.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know what, Ted Dbassei, they kept to that gimmick strong, You're right, Vince McMahon before though, like the real Generator, the New era, those those gimmicks they go on late night TV and never broke character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as that person, as that character. So pretty cool story again, I'll post it.
Speaker 2: I'll post it at Covin on Rich you could see the little reunion until tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Guys, have a great night, enjoy your one shining moment and we'll see you tomorrow. Until that at Michigan. We'll talk about it tomorrow. Read it there you baby, see you win The Promised Land by Lad