Speaker 1: So en tasting. What we do is take a small amount right off the top.
Speaker 2: It doesn't take much.
Speaker 1: That's the warmest part Right here. I'm going to invert the spoon cover all nine thousand taste bud aerate it, warm it up, driving up that top. Note that cream pure vanilla sweeteners. That's a ten.
Speaker 3: Good morning, sweet world, and welcome to the Nodungs podcast on the Athletic Network. Sorry that cold opens got me giggling that cream. It's Wednesday, January sixth. Happy Armenian Christmas to all my Armenians out there. I'm Jay Ski's rolling with Steve Kirby's favorite son and podcaster Trey Kirby. Hey, we got the international man of mystery taking it to the max. Lee Ellis lely last but not least making the magic happen.
Speaker 2: It's JD.
Speaker 3: Hello, there he is, and here we are. I gotta know, I just stumble into that that clip.
Speaker 4: It's so good. I don't know I stumbled upon it.
Speaker 2: It's really old, obviously.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 3: I compose myself here to hit the open and I couldn't do it. Oh it's great, all right. Shout out to the stream team. Please like, comment, and subscribe to No Dunks on YouTube. Our ambitious goal to hit twenty five thousand subs by the end of the week. We're on our way, so keep doing your thing, keep sharing those videos. Email us your questions and comments to no Dunks at the Athletic dot com. We'll be stepping on the beach late today on Wednesday here three pm Eastern live on YouTube. Yeah, we going back to back to back today. If you're counting test this video task is going to join us for that one too, So we'll have the entire band back together on the beach, the boys getting together, splashing some sand, reading some emails. You know we're gonna be talking cream on the beach. You can't resist it, you can't. Speaking of Tassy, make sure you check out this morning is what you Need to Know, the little Mini Recap pod. The content kings right now are not messing around. We have tasks with the What you Need to Know and Trey, yesterday you dropped your latest NBA Weekly Recap video that's up on YouTube, so highly recommend you go check that out. A lot of people and I think they're right saying, WHOA. This is very starters like in terms of the memes and the whoopsies and some video in there night and I think that's spot on. So if you miss the starters.
Speaker 5: It could be something else coming on the weekend too quickly.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, yes, JD is a well you're a one man production.
Speaker 4: Seriously, interns around here, let's let's get real.
Speaker 5: Man, you got two kids, that's true, and.
Speaker 3: That's it's amazing. And this is not a knock on other companies, but JD is like basically the equivalent of fifty Ringer employees or something like that. I mean, yeah, you're a rerecing machine. Man, it's amazing. Go grab your No Dunk's merch at no dunks dot com. We got the hoodies and the T shirts and the mugs and uh, well, after yesterday's show, there's some talk about whether or not we should add slippers, so you tell us, yeah, it might be a fun idea. Uh. And finally, don't miss out on the hottest deal we're run right now at the Athletic Go to the Athletic dot Com slash No Dunks. You can sign up for just three ninety nine a month for the best damn sports writing in the world. Go to the Athletic dot com slash no dunks, so they know that we sent you and you can get that incredible to you. All right, we got lots to talk about as always here on no dunks, But perfectly we had five games on last night, so we gotta do five games one thing, and we're gonna we're gonna flip up the order in terms of the way we saw the games last night because we gotta go to TK. He's pumped. He had a great Tuesday, which has bled into Wednesday. Guy was up late last night. Trey Kobe White scores twenty one and the Bulls rally to beat the Blazers one eleven, one o eight. They were down twenty but they came back.
Speaker 2: What's the big takeaway, well, Skeets, I only got one thing for you. Ball stop ball stop ball stop ball stop ball stop balls. The balls are back. Are you hitting me? Win of the year? The first twenty point comeback in the NBA this season. I saw some highlights from the Clippers versus the Spurs. They were talking could they be the first team to pull off a twenty point comeback? No, they can't, but the Bulls did. This was a crazy game. What a night in the Kirby household, Bulls blazing on the deck, Blazers on deck, election results trickling in on the computer. A luxurious matchup out there, Red and Black, both teams January five going down in history. But this was a weird one. Like I said, the Bulls gave up a twenty point lead. They gave up thirty nine points eighty three pointers in the first quarter. The Blazers looked like they were on fire. It looked like it was gonna be sad Trey Kirby coming in on the show today. But I had the faith skeets. I said, just stick around. The comeback Bulls will take care of this, and somehow they did. Billy Donovan has gotten something out of Zach Lavine that feels a little bit different. He was out there overpassing the ball in the first half of the game, but kept getting teammates involved. This ended up being a really nice team win. The Bulls had so many guys in double figures. They ended up with seven players in double figures. Everybody was doing something, everybody was boreding. This was a fun game to watch. Like I said, the Bulls have this huge comeback. Zach Lavine had said dagger three under a minute left. I'm upstairs. Everybody else in the house is asleep. I'm just yelled like this back in my arms against each other. It was legendary stuff. Damian Lillard basically didn't make a shot in the second half, but did make the one that was most important, knocked down that three from the right wing, the purest Swiss you could ever hope to see if you're Damian Lillard. But this was just this was just exciting. Man. I was going nuts in the house. Batteus Young playing small ball five auto porter, thirteen rebounds, including a huge rebound highlight under a minute skeets didn't even jump off the FLOORI to grab it. This was legendary stuff. And you know, if you are a Bulls fan, you'll look at Jim Boylan being hired as an assistant coached by the Trailblazers and you say, this was a revenge game. Where's your defense, Blazers. You can't stop the Bulls, the unstoppables.
Speaker 6: What this feels finals, Yeah, he just called the Bulls win in Portland in early January legendary twice.
Speaker 3: And I'm pumped for you, man, I'm excited, but I'm also pissed.
Speaker 2: I marked it down. I was like, I was getting ready to go to bed last night, I was like, I got I got to write this down. I gotta remember January fifth, What a night the election, the Bulls I was flying.
Speaker 3: It felt like, I'm a little pissed with that Bull's victory because this is what I saw in the Bulls last year. Tray like a quarter contributing, Saudius Young contribute. This is what I've envisioned, and maybe yeah, just took getting Boiling out of there and Billy in there to help put it all together. But yeah, Lee, this was I mean, really, it is an impressive comeback. And as Trey said, the first time this season that a team came back from twenty down. There's been a lot of teams down twenty so far this season. The numbers are crazy, the blowouts we've had, and we've had some teams get back into games. You know, the Clippers being one of the last night, but always tough to come back from twenty and then to continue to get to victory. You see it come back a lot of times, but then you know the other team start of takes control and ultimately closes it.
Speaker 4: Out.
Speaker 3: But Bulls, what do you think about this one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm mocking and either there for the bull sided a little bit shortand but yeah, they just basically with that first quarter and after that they clearly outplayed Portland for three quarters in this game. I thought Portland just sort of got on. I think they hit their first four to three pointers and sort of got off to that lead. But that was really the best they did in that first quarter. They built that big lead and that was it. After that, Chicago and the Chicago Bulls went into the paint anytime they wanted, which is a real concern here. I think for the Blazers. Their defense was very, very ordinary, particularly in that second half there last night. That's a question here for Portland going forward, but for the Bulls to go on the road to get this win. This season started off so badly and they'd look badly, but now they're starting to resemble the team that's starting to just change a little bit. And Zach Lavine was asked after the game, you know, would you guys have won this game last year? And he was like, no, no way, because they wouldn't have. You know, you give the Bulls a punch last year and they lie down straight away. But this season does feel a little bit different already. I mean it did get off to a bit of a slow start there with Billy Donovan, but sometimes that can be the way with a new coach. So you know, I think there's two sides here. I think you should I go, very impressive win the Blazers another just ordinary performance by them, and I wonder if they will be a move made there at some point in the season.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people wanting you to start to fire up the trade machine to get the Blazer is a defensive big if you can.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, see Nerk should be that guy though, really shouldn't he. I Mean he was very very good down in the bubble there, but last night a couple of times just got beaten very very easily. And also, you cannot have Canter and mellow out on the court together. You just cannot do that. That's just a recipe for disaster. But again, I think what Chicago did, which was smart. They just sort of kept attacking, attacking, attacking, in the paint, and then when someone was over for three, they'd fire it out to that guy to shoot the three. So yeah, this was a fun win and you can just see with Trade like look happy. Isn't it that exciting to see when someone has a big comeback, because I imagine in that first quarter, Tray was pretty much almost ready to just jump into bed and say, screw this, this one's all over.
Speaker 2: No way, no way. I had a tweet during the first quarter a Blazers fans had to me, Man, I'm so sorry you got to watch the Bulls every single night. This is my first time catching him. They're terrible. Zach Lavine barely touched the ball in the first court and I said, just stick around the comeback Bulls. They've got this taken care of. Guess what they did. Stacy King said on the broadcast. Who could have predicted this? Only a being of pure positivity? And that's what it's all about. This year the Bulls, they looked like the team everybody thought they were going to be last year, is what it was to me. You saw Kevin O'Connor tweet last night where he's saying, I love the blend of youth and veterans that they have, and that's exactly what it seemed like coming into last season. The difference, obviously, there's a new coach in charge, and honestly felt last night watching the game that Billy Donovan had had some sort of effect on the Bulls, right Zach Levine, like I said, he was overpassing a little bit. People were calling him Rondo last night because he wasn't looking for a shot. He was just trying to force passes. He didn't have his shot for the most part, but he did a great job of getting people involved. And Billy Donovan is a point guard coach. Point guard's team tend to play well underneath him. So I liked what I saw from Zach Levine. I liked what I saw from Pat Williams. He hid a nice little uh his push shot to get things started there in the fourth quarter. Garrett Temple had a huge game. We already mentioned Otto Porter hitting the glass. Apparently he's a small ball four now. He was a rim runner last night. Bad Young a small ball five. That was a game changer when he came in and kind of took Wendell Carter out of that drop defense was able to play a little quicker and that kind of shut things off for Damian Lillard and c J McCollum a little bit. The Bulls they looked good last night. They've won four out of five. Will it keep going? Yes it will? Oh here positivity.
Speaker 3: Here, positivity.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wish it was still called the Rose Garden because we had the florists. Pat Williams do it. Some heist things late. That Zach Lavine three to that was ultimately the game winner was huge. Just you know, that was a one point game and he drains the big three and you know, you guys know I love a rebound highlight. But let's go next level with this. I thought Wendell Carter Junior laid down some huge highlight picks last night. He was dropping guys. Yes, yeah, dropped like two. I was able to call him twice. Maybe they got that sugarman call him and Lollard was but he drops on the big picks that the guys were not calling out because they were not ready for the big Wendel Courage Junior, you know screen there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that team needs a bit of toughness too. I mean that's one thing where you know that does send a bit of a message to other teams when you've got to go out there and nothing dirty. No one was really upset with him because he was just doing his playing his role there, Like he's a big guy, make those screens, make your body get felt there, and he did that. So yeah, I mean that's what Chicago has lacked in the last couple of years, is any real defensive toughness. You know, you sort of look at that team as pretty flimsy. You can score on them any time, So you do need a guy who can sort of, you know, show his size. And this is his third season now, so you expect him to start feeling a bit more in control out there. The Bulls have got high hopes for Wendell Carter too. I mean, he's been injured a lot through his career so far, but if he can stay on the floor, he's a pretty talented guy. I mean, I don't know really what the ceiling is until we get a good sustained period from him.
Speaker 3: But it was Al Horford. We always heard the Al Horford.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean that that'd be incredible. Yeah yeah. We just again like they need to need to see him put it together for most of a season anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, injuries have played a huge part, all right. Congrats to Tree, Kirby and the Chicgo Bulls fans out there. I love it. I love it. Big victory in Portland. All right, our next game, let's keep a moving here. Kyrie Irving leads the undermanned Nets to the one thirty to ninety six blowout over the Jazz. Here's one of those blowouts, Lee, what's your tickaway?
Speaker 5: Well, I was very excited for this game, especially because Kevin Durant wasn't playing. He's out for the next few games here with coronavirus protocols, and so I was like, Okay, let's just see because the Nets are under a little bit of pressure.
Speaker 2: They need to win.
Speaker 5: They're playing against a very good team, a very good defensive team. But Kyrie was in his bag, as the kids say, in that first quarter, he was just incredibly hit so many shots, the threes, to step backs inside the paint. And this was a blowout in the first quarter. And again in the NBA, we know first quarter, as we were just talking with the Bulls and the Blazers there that that usually doesn't count for anything, but in this game it absolutely did. The Jazz had no real counter at all. Kyrie was just incredible. They couldn't stop him, even when they double teamed him. He was just too good. He made the right play, he made the right read or just hit the shot. And really disappointing performance here from the Utah Jazz. I mean, this is a team that you know, I've looked at a couple of times. I thought they're very good offensive there makes such a difference when you have Bogdanovic back in that lineup, and he stunk it up last night. Mitchell played okay, but that was really it.
Speaker 3: And Rudy Gobert, you know.
Speaker 5: He's got into it a little bit with shack Over on the weekend there Shaq saying that you can get paid two hundred million if you don't have to score. And I thought it was not a good response there from Rudy last night. Defensely wasn't good.
Speaker 3: He got his ass handed to him by Jared.
Speaker 5: Allen exactly like and that's the sort of thing that like, you know, the haters of Rudy Gobert look at a game like that and think, I mean, Jared Allen, he's a solid player, but Rudy Gobert, if you're an all NBA player, all Star, you should dominate that matchup. But he didn't do that last night. So yeah, this one turned into a real snoozer, So the question has to be asked the Nets better without Kevin Durant call him.
Speaker 3: Lee Ellis later on The Athletic I love it. Well, here's the other takeaway too, not just Kyrie cooking early, but the starting lineup tray that Steve Nash ultimately went with, you know, raised some eyebrows. At least they went with because there's no Katie Kyrie starting. Okay, Bruce Brown to a lot of people, that's a who you know, he played for the Pistons. He's there with the Nets now, Torrian Prince okay, Jeff Green getting the start, and then finally finally DeAndre Jordan, we're gonna start the better center that we have, you know, the better version of basically you younger you. Jared Allen he got the start. He was huge nineteen and eighteen for Jared Allen, three steals, two blocks, he thoroughly Oh played Rudy Gobert. But that was It was a lot of names like shuffling around here from Steve Nash and the Nets coaching staff, well, a lot of guys that were you know, Joe Harris to the bench and stuff like that. And for one night it works out, But I guess Steve Nash says, we're just going to try things here and see what what lineups sort of click. So far, so good with this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not bad. A little experimentation by Steve. Curry is put in a place where he's got to make some decisions on what to do with Kevin Durant coming out, and I think it's kind of interesting that he decided to go defense first, because that's definitely what this is. Jared Allen moves better than DeAndre Jordan at this point. Bruce Brown a defensive player for the most part, Tory imprince. Maybe he stretches the corp, but he's out there for his defense. And Jeff Green you just want to highlight done from him every once in a while. But it was good for the Nets that they went and tried to figure out their defense. We've been talking about it for the past couple of shows that the Nets haven't committed to defense. This is a move by Steve Kersey or sorry, by Steve Nash. Wrong coach Steve saying, yeah, we're coming out and we're playing defense. They didn't actually need to play defense so much last night, only ninety six to the Jazz, which is impressive, but it's a blowout. Who knows the defensive stats there, But Jared Allen getting the start, you gotta think he's going to be starting from here on out. There's been a lot of talk. Obviously the Internet wants him to start over DeAndre Jordan. He seems like the better player to me. The important thing is that he has mostly been finishing their games, which I think is a bigger deal, and he seems to be fine with come off the bench, knowing he'll get his chance eventually. He did last night. He was incredible. He was being compared to Kenyon Martin. I love to see that felt like a throwback as well. But he was great, dominating Gobert. There's some great highlights. Crushed one on top of his head, blocked him a couple of times at the rim. He was an impact player and that's exactly what the Nets needed with Kde going out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my thing with him is whether he's starting or finishing. Okay, he just needs more minutes. I mean he's He's much better than DeAndre Jordan's. I love him. I've loved his games basically since he was a rookie. He is just a great you know, third fourth guy. If he's like that type of in the pecking order on your team. Man, you got a really good squad. I loved what he did. He also said this. He credited a change of his pregame meal from pasta with pesto sauce to pasta with Alfredo sauce for his season high in points and rebounds in last night's game. I had to get your take on this, because you're a big pesto man.
Speaker 5: Big pesto, big homemade pesto.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love the basil in there.
Speaker 3: So he switched it up with the creamier, thicker Elfred.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Interesting, interesting choice there, the sort of dairy option, which is probably not my profet. He didn't specify what type of pasta he was using, either, did he. That's what we need to find out, really the sauce here, you know, is he going with a what did he going with? A ravioliatoni? Just a flain Spaghetti doesn't Spaghetti doesn't go all that well pesto. Usually you need something a little more curly and they're a little shorter, a little stuff that's your favorite my favorite pasta, Well, that's a tough one. I probably I mean knock, he doesn't really count as pasta, does it.
Speaker 2: It's a gray area.
Speaker 5: It's because it's potato, is it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not really.
Speaker 5: I mean probably I'm probably going to default back to the fusilli.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 3: You just watched sin Felt bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that is a great one with Crme Mom when he calls he makes it silly Jerry because he's silly.
Speaker 3: Pasta trey.
Speaker 2: Uh cavatapi. A favorite pasta depends on the sauce trick question, that's right answered.
Speaker 5: I will say this ravioli is great, but you cannot put like a lobster in a ravioli or anything like that. You get those in like try to Joe's I have lobster ravioli, Like no, no, you can't do it like that. It's going to be more vegetable. Uh in there for the.
Speaker 3: Okay, I will say insane. I feel bad. I actually felt bad for the jazz fans last night because I don't know. I have nothing to back this up, Like I haven't crunched the numbers or ever gone back and looked at other shows. But it feels like, to me, tell me if I'm wrong. Guys that like on a night where there's not a lot of games, and then of course we're going to be talking about it the next day and it's like, oh, this Jazz Nets game, Like you said, You're like, oh, that's you know, that's intriguing. The O KD is maybe more competitive. The Jazz has been playing all right, you know, like, well this could we could be talking about Utah. That's what I'm getting at here. Yeah, and then they lay a stinker and you know they're just like sort of forgotten about and with gloss over them. I feel like that happens with the Jazz. Yeah, with our show, I don't know what it is. And then I think the flip of it is they have like really good Friday and eight performances and like winner of something, you know what I mean. It's like Mitchell will go for forty and then they're you know, it's buried because we're not talking about on the weekend again. It just feels that way to me. I don't know it does.
Speaker 5: Last night's game was a real snooze and again a great opportunity for Utah to get a win against a team that has been struggling a little bit and without their best player. But instead they lay an egg from the start, and you just was like, where's the comeback? Because Mike Conley, surprisingly, I don't know if you guys knew this that he was leading the team in scoring prior to last night. I'm not sure if he is now because Mitchell had thirty one. I think Conley only had ten in the end, so so Mitchell was probably overtaken him. But it was like, Okay, he's starting to fit into that role a little bit more than he did last season. And again, bugg Downham should tald about him a lot. He can lie up anytime. Joe Ingles can be good as well. He can get it going. But they were just kind of like ah not last night, not interested. And again you know Joe Harris coming off the bench, so it was like a defensive look here from the nets, and it was almost like the Jazz had no CounterPunch or no way of sort of firing back on the nets. And it was a real snoozer in the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Donovan Mitchell, I believe averaging twenty two basically points per game, and conn Lee's there at nineteen, so not far behind. And then you got Colbert at fourteen and thirteen doing his thing, and yeah, I mean there are four and three. I'm not saying the Jazz are like brutal. I still like them, but again, they have this habit of putting up stinkers on a note where you could really focus on them and want to focus on them and maybe talk about them in great detail, and they just got hammered.
Speaker 2: All right, you gotta play well on a five game night. You still want to get talked about on No Dogs. But I'm also willing to pump the brakes on the Jazz because it kind of feels like this every single year. Slow out of the gate. Then they'll have a month where they win eighteen out of twenty games or something. Right, So we'll talk about you a bunch of March Jazz.
Speaker 3: Probably all right, next next game you'll kitchen. The Nuggets regroup to rally past the Wolves one twenty three, one sixteen. It came back in this one Trey big takeaway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a rally, but to me, it didn't really feel like the Nuggets were ever in danger of losing this game because Nicola Jokic is making an MVP case right now, and it wasn't actually that hard for him last night. He had thirty five points. He went twelve for twenty from the field, fifteen boards, a measly six assists. Come on, man, step up your game. But watching Jokic, there were so many times he would just catch the ball turn and there was nobody even touching him at the free throw line, underneath the basket. There's just no resistance inside from the Timberwolves at all. Obviously no Carl Town's last night. There was a lot of skinny what's his name, Jared Vanderbilt, Like that guy's a little too skinny to be able to handle Jokic in the back guys.
Speaker 3: Though he was fun to watch.
Speaker 2: He was definitely fun to watch, but he's not really in Jocica's class right now. You know, there was some nas read minutes. It just was the resistance wasn't there from the Timberwolves. They don't have the defense for it. But it was great to see Yokich come out and dominate once again. And he's you know, if if the Nuggets had won a couple of games earlier in the week, we were probably be talking about him at the top of the MVP. Don't you think I'd bean the guy's going to be leading the league in assists as a big man. Incredible stuff. But if you are the Timberwolves. Some good things to take away from this game. The Wancho revenge game. That was pretty wild. I think we're probably the biggest Wancho Hernan Gomez fans in the world. Twenty five last night he was balling for the Timberwolves and Anthony Edwards. He is a fun watch as well. He was taking the ball strong to the hoop. He had a huge dunk. He had a nice little jelly on the break. The guy's been much more of a driver than I thought he was going to be coming into the league. The scouting report on him was that he's going to take one hundred step back jumpers. He still takes them, but he also gets to the hoop. Looks like an NBA player. That was fun to watch, but you gotta play defense eventually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you think about what Trey said there? Lead denvers three and four. If they're five and two, is your kitch like at the top of everybody's MVP leaderboard this early in the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so, especially with Jamal Murray sort of struggling. Struggles continue there because Yokich's leading that team. He's doing everything.
Speaker 3: And if you've got and it's not just the stats, if you got to you gotta watch a Nugget game. Every single possession goes through him. Yeah oh yeah, like everything, either he's bringing it up as the giant sun footer or then you know, the guards bring it up and then it's past to him. Let's operate, you know. It's it is really wild to watch that every single player goes through So he interrupt.
Speaker 5: You there, Yeah, no, no, I mean, but that's it. He's got the skill set as well where he doesn't like he scored thirty five as you mentioned there last night, but he doesn't ever feel to me like he's a scorer. First, you know, he just wants to get his players involved, get his teammates involved. But one thing I learned last night was that if you get a technical fail for hanging on the rim, it doesn't count as a personal technical fan.
Speaker 3: Right, it's sort of like an unsportsman like, it's.
Speaker 5: A non unsportsman like an it's negative there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very weird.
Speaker 5: Because Jokic last night threw down a couple of dunks. With the first one he goes baseline dunks it and it does give himself a chin up, gets a technical foul for it, and then only like a minute or so later, he's drawing at the ref and he gets another tech.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh, he's gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he doesn't get ejected for that, So he gets fine for the personal for the for the non unsportsmanlike but it doesn't count as a personal tech, which.
Speaker 3: Is weird because why wouldn't it.
Speaker 5: Count as a personal technical foul? I mean, I understand the illegal defense ones goes against the team, okay, because that's like a team concept, But how is this not a personal technical foul? And how did I not even know this? I've been following this game forever because John Krasinski and I last night were exchanging a little bit on Twitter, like he was like, oh, Yokich is gone, and I was like, yeah, I'm pretty sure that's his second tech.
Speaker 3: He's gone.
Speaker 5: And then and then he stayed out there and it wasn't until he looked into it and we found out that it doesn't count as a technical foul against your own So does that mean? I mean, you can get as many of those as you want throughout a game. You can get five of those technicals. You know, if you keep hanging on the rim and it doesn't count against you, I guess, so, yeah, he wouldn't be tysed. Yeah yeah, yeah. But to see Nikola Jokic actually do a chin up on the rim that should not be a technical foul. He should be applauded. And then he had another thrown out later on. But it's so funny because he's just not a high leaper. So when he does get up for a dunk, it's like, wow, this guy. It takes all his effort to get up there and throw it down. But fun to watch. Yeah, crazy stuff, man, crazy stuff. You learn something new every day. This guy's sixty eight years old and still learning. But also Nikola Jokic must have known that, I guess, because you know he got the tea. He nearly got another tech after that as well. He was really pushing it last night. He was really trying to get himself thrown out. But you know what, the Wolves, they could end up with the worst record in the NBA this season, especially if Towns is out for a prolong period here, because I actually thought they were competitive last night. Russell was good, but it did always feel that the Nuggets were just going to get there because as I just there a better take, you know, not playing at home. But yeah, when you look at the Wolves and you just think, oh man, it's really hot. Say, they're not a great defensive team offensively, They've got some talent there, but just not enough if the other team has a decent defense to throw at it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it could.
Speaker 5: Be another rough, rough season there in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like to see Denver turning it around here too. You're right, Jamal Murray, you know, is not Bubble Murray by any means. Y'll Kich is leading the way. But Jamichael Green is back to this team, or you know, with this team, I should say. And by playing the last couple of games, I think he played really well in his two game series versus Minnesota. Hit three threes in both games, grabbed eleven rebounds total. He had seventeen specifically off the bench last night. Those were key. And Will Barton this his frantic energy is very I don't know if it's because the way Yokud sort of plays, I don't know what, Like maybe it sticks out more than it would on another team, but like it feels needed, just that that manic energy. You ever watch him when they like go to like the timeout like camera, like we're in the huddle, they're on their chairs and stuff like that. He is always like just like lobbing around. He's like, no, you can never stop moving, and he of course does that on the floor. But twenty seven and three last night, and I think he's very important to their success moving forward to and I like that he talks up Yolkic too. He had he had a quote like saying, like he tells Yolkic before every game, just go out there and win MVP, Like you're the best player in the world. If you want to, would you know, like be aggressive and no one can stop you. And you know, some nights it works definitely with Yokich. So he was big down the stretch thirteen of his thirty five and the fourty sort of again, it's amazing everything, every every single play goes through him. So he's either scoring, you know, or attempting a shot, or of course trying to set a guy up or setting up the next thing that sets up a guy, like the hockey assist. It's it's wild. So good win by Denver and Yep a couple more, you know, they put together a little streak here, four wins in a row. Whatever. Yeah, the people, the national media will start taking notice of what the heck yolkicch is really doing there. I know the diehards know what's up and know how special he is, but you'll start seeing it on some of your other shows that maybe don't follow the league all that closely. All right, our next game here, Lakers stretched the winning streak to four, four straight for them. They beat the Grizzlies ninety four ninety two. Honestly, there's not a lot to take from this one. The first one is the score may jump out at you. Ninety four ninety two. Yeah, it was. You know, it was a defensive minded game. The Anthony Melton actually had a wicked block on Anthony Davis and then dunked it, punched one home on the other end with about six minute remaining, And that's what it looked like. The Grizzlies might win this game. But you didn't think that if you saw the game prior, because this was another like mini series where the Lakers had just played the Grizzlies like two nights prior. I guess it was on Sunday night, and in that one which I watched, Lebron just took over. He literally just decided, Okay, games close, I'm going to start to try now, and I'm just gonna put my stamp on this game. We'll get the victory. He sort of did it again last night. I mean it was it was the same movie. It really really was. La trailed seventy nine to seventy seven with about five minutes ago, and and then Lebron and Ad he got some help in this one. They went on a combined nine to two run. They had the lead, and they held on for dear life at the end. It got really weld at the end with some crazy turnovers. But Lebron, I mean, it's it's wild to watch a guy coasting through games. And now his version of coasting is still damn impressive, but he really is. I'm not exaggerating. The Lakers there as a team are doing this, and I don't know if it's going to come back to buy them in the ass, but it's pretty amazing to watch them sort of just half asset for you know, two to three quarters and then turn it on when they need to.
Speaker 5: Did you see any resemblance to the Lebronto to Lebron out there last night, because it felt like that to me.
Speaker 3: Where it was like, I mean, he knows he's going to win the game, but.
Speaker 5: Some of the shots he hit as well, you know, just those those crazy sort of fallaway step backs that like just go perfectly through the net as well, it was kind of like he was just toying with him. And I think a part of it was Dylan Brooks had that little show of strength there with Lebron where he got the ball. Lebron was on his butt and Dylan Brooks in and got the foul and he did the big flex. And this also reminds me a little bit of like the Last Dance where we saw Michael Jordans sometimes needed anything just to motivate. And well, here we are on a Tuesday night in January and Lebron's in Memphis. He knows he can win this game. And it was almost like, oh, thank you, thank you Dylan Brooks for giving me just that little bit of like, all right, now I have to show this guy because you saw it later on as well when he hit that crazy fallaway he did drop the two Yeah, I don't know if you saw as well. And I play earlier, Lebron was blowing kisses to the Memphis bench as well, So I didn't see that. Yeah, so so he was kind of I think that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Last night.
Speaker 5: He's like, all right, I have to win this game, but someone give me, give me a reason. Hit right up, and Dylan Brooks did that and then it was great, see because it is just so much fun when you just see Lebron just just get into that rhythm where he's like, Okay, thanks for coming guys. Now I'm going to win this game and it's good night, greeted Memphis.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anything from this.
Speaker 2: One, Trey Well, I didn't watch this one very closely. I did see a fast break where Grease and Allen just kind of tipped the body on this Valentounis running dow on the middle of the lane. He finished with a very slow layup and it may be misplaying pickup ball. I was like, this would have been the biggest highlight from any game on a Wednesday night if we were out there playing. But you look at the box scores and it's just evident how much the Lakers are in flip the switch mode this season. Every one of their starters except for Dennis Shruder, who is a minus one, has massive plus minus splits for last night, whereas the bench was struggling. And that's the difference there. Once the Lakers put in their starting lineup, the game's going to be over because Lebron and eighty know exactly what they need to do to get a win. In a scenario against the Grizzlies, it's not necessarily needing to play one hundred percent strength the entire night. We're worried about the Lakers taking games off last season coming in, you know, because we're like Lebron, he knows his body. The guy manages the season as well as anybody does. That wasn't the case for last season. The Lakers were one hundred percent locked in we're winning the title from day one. This year, they came in, they said, we already got the title. We had to play seventy five days ago, so let's take it a little chill this year, turn it on when we need to. They're preserving themselves by load managing during games. Lebron's quarterbacking out there. The guy doesn't put in the effort until he needs to absolutely score. And it's fine because he knows exactly what to do. Impressive stuff from the Lakers. They're not even trying hard and they're the best team in the West.
Speaker 3: And the Grizzlies are, of course playing with other two best players and John Moran and Jaron Jackson junior. They put up a fight. I mean, it's nice to have Melton back. You know, what do they call him? Mister do Something? I think is his nickname, which is a fascinating nickname. But he does a little bit of everything. He was helping, of course, stay in this game and give them a lead late, and they fought. They put up a valiant effort, but you know, it was a little big brother little brother scenario there where it's like, Okay, this is a little too close here, I'm just gonna pull out this victory and what are you gonna do? Yeah, you're right. Lebron is load managing during games, and we talked about it. I think a big part of it is like, hey, well I could take the night off. I mean, I could just take the night off, but I play rack up twenty to twenty five points. That's gonna help in the total accumulation of catching.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Kareem Abdul Jabbar for the most points everyone, why not, that's what he's doing it. It's really astonishing totally.
Speaker 2: The jumper is money enough now that he can hang out on the perimeter, right, Like he can make rees at a high enough rate, he can hit these fallaways at a high enough rate that he can just hang out on the perimeter not take a million bumps. Yeah, pick teams apart, like I remember in the bubble watching him pick apart zones from Miami. It's similar stuff. When Lebron is just out there like moving people around with his eyes. It feels like until there's a split second where he can fit a pass in. And that's why he's one of the goats for sure.
Speaker 3: All right, final game from last night, Spurs stop a four game skid one sixteen, one thirteen victory over the Clippers. We sort of alluded to this one. Crazy crazy Spurs up a massive amount. The Clippers have been playing in weird games this year. Man, They are either up thirty or down thirty, feels like in every single game they've played. But it came back, but in the end Spurs pull it out. Lea anything to take away from this one, your assie mate, pretty.
Speaker 5: Miller, Let's see when this Biznaydawi and Hood has cut, Popovich go to Paddy thrill Is coming in off the bench. I think in that first quarter he hit four threes in like the last ninety seconds of that first quarter. It was incredible performance, and he finished with eighth for the game, twenty seven points.
Speaker 2: Missed one free throw.
Speaker 5: At the end, which really could have seen it kept the Clippers within a chance of tying the game least, but they weren't able to do that. No, Paul George here for the Clippers, and we'll find out tonight if he was lured managing or if he was genuinely sore with that ankle there last night. I suspect it was probably a little bit more of the former rather than the latter. But yeah, the Clippers just a weird team again, as you mentioned there, like they were killing the Suns on what night, Sunday night that was, and then the Suns nearly pulled that out, and then last night they were half asleep in that first half, got themselves back into it late, but the Spurs managed to hold on. I will say those Spurs jerseys look unreal.
Speaker 3: On the court.
Speaker 5: I thought they looked gorgeous out there last night, the Fiesta jerseys, and you know you saw as well, like that the young stars, you know, the Keldon Johnson, the Loneie Walker, Dejonte Murray. Like again, how they went on that four game losing streak is kind of weird because they've got some very good, young, talented athletic players who played defense. But then last night having LaMarcus and DeRozan out there was just the experience. Perhaps that's maybe that's what they've been missing, because I thought they're a good team with the young athletic guys and then you have the veterans out there who can just steer your team home. And Patty Mills as well, did that late in the game. He's a veteran. Now, of course we don't make him one of the young guys anymore. But the funny thing about Patty Mills is the shot selection has never really changed throughout his career. Some of those shots are a little bit wild, a little bit early in the shot, cluck, they just go in.
Speaker 3: Now that's the difference.
Speaker 5: I think that's the difference. When you look at Patti's highlights from his Portland days and even when he first got to San Antonio, a couple of those shots, who's just like but now he's just it's the repetition, it's the experience, and he knocks him in. It was It was great to see him have such a great performance.
Speaker 3: He's shooting fifty seven point five percent from three on the season right now. He's on fire. Yeah, he shoots a lot of them, as you would if you shot the well. They hit twenty threes of Spurs. I think Tyer franchise wreck. That's a ton for them. Speaking of the Clippers, I remember this tweet from Tim Reynolds last night. I remember I liked it for a reason so I could bring it up on the show. Listen to this. This season, games the Clippers have played, they trailed by fifty seven to the Mavericks. They led by thirty one against Minnesota, They led by thirty one against Phoenix, They led by thirty against Portland. They led by twenty four against Denver. They trailed by twenty four against the Spurs last night when we're talking about here. They led by twenty two against the Lakers, and they trailed by twenty against the Jazz. Twenty or more up or down in every game they've played this year, that's really really strange. Yeah, that's a big gap. I mean a lot of those were thirties for crying out loud, if not more so weird weird stuff. But they missed Paul George, no doubt. I mean, guys, he's having a good year. Obviously helps your permanent defense too. Go ahead, right, he's having a good year. But a guy that's not having a good year. Luke the Nard Dog. Canard just nine points last night, three of ten. He's shooting all right from the field so far this season, He's forty three percent from three. But I think he was supposed to kind of be the third initiator perhaps for the Clippers this season. You know, Landry Shammant went out in the trade kind of more just the shooter that compared to Canard, where Canards should theoretically be able to handle the ball and pick and roll, make some plays and space the floor.
Speaker 2: He's been underwhelming so far. He's only been in double digits two games so far this season. And if the Clippers are going to go further this season then they went last season, they're going to need more from him, because all the talk in the off season was they need another secondary creator they need somebody else who's going to be able to make plays.
Speaker 5: Well, we've lost him.
Speaker 3: He froze from me. He's so pumped, still over.
Speaker 5: The back o there is Oh did you put a spell on him? Lee? Maybe he's just watching more highlights of the Bulls last night. He's just captivated and.
Speaker 2: Just all right.
Speaker 3: Well, as we try and get Trey Kirby back, let's take a quick break to hear from our sponsors.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got to get in on that cinnamon magic experience. Yes, yeah, because cinnamon on anything is great, So cinnamon cereal, I mean, cinnamon toast great, you know, great, But I want to get it on the cinnamon on the magic spoon. I'm sure it'd be incredible without the sugar in that.
Speaker 2: It's got to be.
Speaker 3: It's got to be, I would think.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually liked. I liked all of the flavors. And I'm not a big cocoa cereal. Yeah, and I didn't even mind that one, but frost and my favorite fruit is right there, and then the blueberry is really really good, and then I'd have cocoa ranked fourth. But it was still delicious. I saw by the way I saw someone I don't know if it was on Instagram DM or on Twitter. Maybe it was in the YouTube commenting and somebody was like, I love your magic spoon ad reads, but come on, no one's buying cereal online. Who buys cereal online? I said, well, first off, you can buy anything on the exactly. Who doesn't do this shopping online these days? I thought that was just weird. Sorry, you're about to say something. We're you gonna say that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't really remember, but I think, oh, yeah, no, Well, like, you know, you rank the cocoa fourth because you have to rank them, of course, but it's like, you know, it's almost like at the Olympics if there was a fourth place as well, you're still doing It's still a great place to finish fourth at that level.
Speaker 3: You think, yeah, you think, you think? You think the guy that is the fourth best bobsledder in the world is walking around with his chest puffed out look.
Speaker 5: He wants to be on the in the medals, among the medals, of course, but you know his family and friends are saying, listen, man, there's only three people in the world better than you, like, in.
Speaker 3: The whole world. So they were only better than you on that given day, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, I mean, you know, of course people want that top nudge, but not everyone can win it. Not everyone can have the top the top spot on the das there.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's worse to be silver, second or fourth?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it depends if you I mean, because you can get defeated and get the silver medal, but you can also like, like, you don't get defeated if you if you run second, if you know what I mean, You know what I mean. Yeah, so if you lose by half a second in the it's like, well you came second rather than getting defeated into second place, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, So what's your what's your answer? Well, I guess you would you would you be content with a silver medal, you know, instead of no medal?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you'd want the silver medal. Yeah, I mean, yeah, you'd want that silver metal. Wouldn't you show it after the kids and the grandkids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe bronze is the worst. I'd almost rather just be fourth at that point.
Speaker 5: Well, I see, I don't know what it was like for Canada in the eighties and early nineties, but Australia, most of our medals at the Olympics were bronze.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It wasn't until wet around the two thousands when we started picking up a few more gold medals. But the bronze was always like yeah.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing. When you're not winning any medals, then win was making the front front page of the newspaper. But then when your country starts winning some medals, then you win bronze and everyone's like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you can you can win bronze, you know, because you might be battling that person for fourth, so you win that bronze.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why keep saying it like that? I mean, every Olympic event is different. Yeah, I know, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Like, you can win bronze or you can lose silver, you know what I mean. Like, so you finished with a win, but you have to rank right right, right, right.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, I'm glad we've cleared that up. Are we stalling just to try and get trade back that baby? I don't know, maybe a little bit did it work?
Speaker 4: Does not look good.
Speaker 3: He does not look good. Thought he was gonna he's got a black screen. Tray Kurby coming in fourth on today's No Ducks podcast, JD. You're always Gold. Congrats to you late. You and I are battling now for Silver. He's back. Hey, we got a fifth mysterious black Box. So, like I was saying about Luke missed us talking about the Olympics. Yeah, I'm not even gonna tell you how we got onto that tangent. Okay, let's get to some news. Nice to have you back to k We have a report coming out over the last couple of days. The NBA is seriously discussing expansion. You know, Adam Silver has said that himself makes sense. You know, profit's probably down here during the pandemic. Expansion bees fees are a great way to just inject a bunch of cold, hard cash to the other owners who are possibly hemorrhaging money here. Well how much money well, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorse, within the League office, sources said officials have floated the price tag of two point five billion each for two expansion teams in the near future. We're at thirty right now. Let's say we go bumping up to thirty two, but two point five bill. I have a couple questions off this Lee expansion you think is a good idea right now in today's NBA, And if you do, where would you locate let's say, two teams, how about it?
Speaker 5: I think expansion is a good idea if it's for the right reasons. This doesn't feel like the right reasons for me. This feels more like we need some cash. We need some quick, hard cash as soon as we can, because I think they'll have no shortage of takers to come up with that two and a half billion dollar fee, because there's always interest from people to buy a team because it usually is a cash cow. Now, if you get two teams and that's a five billion dollar cash injection that gets split amongst the other owners, the players don't get any of that, nop, So that would be around about one hundred and sixty odd million per team, which sounds like a lot of money, and it is, But to me, it's like I would like to see a more sustainable way of trying to generate the money that they're losing, because ultimately, if you have more teams and you get that one hundred and sixty million, you're going to be diluting the TV revenue that comes in. So is that sort of like a short term like cash quick hit, which I don't think is the right reason to do it, So I'd be a little bit careful right now now. I think a big part of this is because we simply don't know when we'll have full arenas in the NBA. Again, that might not be for a couple of years. Potentially we might start seeing fans strictly in and I know there's some fans at games now, which doesn't seem like the smartest idea, but there are some fans there. But also from what I've seen around the world in soccer at England and cricket in Australia, they have brought crowds back, but as sort of social distance, there hasn't been a capacity at any game or anything that I've seen so far. So and I think America, considering where they are with the virus, is still just a long, long long way away from that, even though we're started to get the vaccine rolling out now. So my ultimate point is, I think, don't do this unless it is really going to be done with a long term financial plan in place that isn't just going to then create a headache further down the line, because it may just cause even more financial grief for other teams, because again, more teams means more competition. It might be a little bit harder to sell season tickets to in some cities, depending on how the tea has been. And as Danny LaRue often points out, ownership is the most competitive advantage in the NBA, So you want to make sure you get If you're going to get more owners, make sure they're good owners. Because there are a lot of NBA owners right now. I won't name names, but I think we know who they are who aren't very good owners and their teams have been terrible for a long time. So it's a it's a dicey proposition right now, I think for the NBA. But if you were to bring teams back, Seattle's obviously going getting a team, and.
Speaker 3: That's a no brainer. I think, Trey, you'd agree with that. Seattle would be one of the teams that is automatically given one of these expansion teams, even though they'd be bringing them back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be exactly like the Charlotte Hornets, you know, when the Pelicans became a team and then the Bobcats turned back into the Hornets. I think it would be exactly like that. Obviously, Seattle would be great. You know, they've got a championship history. We all remember the Sonics being there ten seasons ago basically, So yeah, I think that one is a lot. The other place I would like to see the NBA expand into is Mexico City, the biggest city in North America, bigger than New York City, who has two teams. They've been playing occasional games in Mexico City for years. That'd be a great place to grow the game ethic.
Speaker 3: What do you think about that, Lee, you know, Mexico City or another place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I would love the NBA to go back to Vancouver, but I just don't think that would happen. I just don't think they had the interest there in that city to sustain an NBA team. But as far as beautiful cities, Vancouver for me would be top of the top of the pile. They'd love to hear some more Dennis Scott stories from his time playing for the Vancouver Grizzlies. We know he had a great time there. But other than that, Mexico City, absolutely, I think that would be fantastic for the NBA to do that, because I don't think travel would be much of a concern there because the way these teams travel around anyway, so it's I think it's Central time zone there in Mexico City. I'm not sure, but any whatever it is, it would be great for the NBA to expand across the border if they could.
Speaker 3: Yeah, their cities being thrown out. Louisville is sort of at the top of a lot of people's list. Las Vegas, I know, is a hot one. You know, obviously they have a hockey team there. They've got a brand new arena there. It's Vegas. You got many people. Is there a football travel, Yeah, there's football tea yeah. Rash Marcozi actually he tweeted this out yesterday, an online an idea online for a thirty two team NBA with Seattle in Las Vegas in the west, and then you'd have to bump Minnesota to the east and you could do eight divisions in two sixteen team conferences. What do you think about this? We're showing the map and the sort of like the division for everybody joining us on YouTube. You know, if they were in Vegas and Seattle trade that that makes sense to me. I don't. I don't really have an issue with putting, you know, lump in Minnesota in with the Bucks and the Bulls and the Pistons.
Speaker 2: No, oh yeah, I think that makes sense. It's kind of you know, if they expanded, you need to take one team to the Eastern Conference. If it's going to be Vegas and Seattle added, it's gonna be between the Grizzlies and the Timberwolves, right, those are the teams that are furthest east on the map, and it seems like they should actually kind of be in the Eastern Conference. Both of those teams would be a lot more competitive in the Eastern Conference as well, And so yeah, I would be down this. It definitely feels like Las Vegas and Seattle would be the cities that get teams. Seattle, like we're saying the history, and Vegas has shown that they are ready for pro sports teams. Teams seem to be doing well once they get to Las Vegas. Maybe not successful. I know the Raiders haven't had a great season, but the Aces were great in the WNBA. What's the hockey team, the Golden Whites, and they went to the finals their very first season, right, and they were a huge success story. So you know, pro sports leagues were very nervous to go to Las Vegas when betting was completely outlawed. Now that it's more legalized, makes sense to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's tear from you guys out there. Where would you put two expansion teams? Or do you sort of agree with Lee? Maybe like is this the right idea? You know, so a lot of people think there's enough talent in the league Lee to sustain two more teams in terms of like obviously distributing like these great players to have then star players on other teams.
Speaker 5: That's an interesting point because every year, we know a lot of teams tank though early into the season, so you know, you don't want more teams coming into then potentially water down the league even more, you know. So that's I'm not sure I completely agree with that. I mean against that comes again from ownership and management, where if they're like, listen, we want to we want this team to suck, so we try to get a higher draft pick. But yeah, I'm not I'm not convinced that that's entirely true myself. I think sometimes less is more in that state an instance where you have more competitive league with perhaps not as many teams, you know, once.
Speaker 3: Again, let's hear from you guys out there on the stream team and tweet at us at no, don't think. Finally, I just wanted to bring this to your guys attention. Last night I tweeted my early all disappointing team, sort of just like off the top of my head, guys that just have been pretty garbage to start the year. It's obviously super early. Still, I had DeVante Graham and these were these were stats heading into last night's games for some of them, but Davante Graham nine point nine points per game, twenty seven percent shooting. My other guard was Norman Powell with the Raps. Yeah, you could have picked a lot of raps. Eight point five points for game, thirty one percent shooting for him. I had Karris Lavert. No, he had a pretty decent game last night, but coming into it thirteen point one points for games, thirty seven percent on the floor. Kelly Bray Junior ten point nine points per game, thirty four percent from the floor and even way worse from three. And then Davis Bertons I had is my other forward, eleven points for game, thirty five percent from the floor. Again, I tweeted this out. We got a lot of great responses, but I want to ask you, guys, is there anyone I missed or you know, like who you would add if we even if we were building like an all disappointing second team, who would be who would be in play there for you?
Speaker 2: Trey Well, when I was running up and downstairs trying to make sure my internet was right, I was fretting about this Skeets, thinking I wasn't going to be able to get back for this question. To address your anti big man bias once again, Not only are there no centers on your all disappointing team, there's only one guy over six foot ten, Davis Burton's, and he takes all of his shots outside. We've already lost the center spot on the All Star Game. You guys want to get rid of it in the All NBA. And now Skeets is not even letting the No Dunks audience have a center on his all disappointing team when Skeets has been bringing up the most disappointing centers in the league for the first two weeks in the season. Aaron Bains, He's right there for you. Marvin Baga, Beans Bagley, the third and the second they're right there for you. Marvin Bagley's six eleven and he's shooting thirty seven percent. About Al Horford nine seven and three, he's got nineteen combined stats and he's making twenty seven million dollars a year use off. Nurkic also putting up a big triple single nine seven and three. The No Dunks audience demands a center on this team, skeets, no more anti big man bias.
Speaker 3: That's fair. I got a lot of votes for nurk last night. Siakam was in the mix too. There was people saying, what about Jimmy Butler. I gave Jimmy Butler a pass because of injuries. He's missed like half their games. He's been bad. But you know, in terms of shooting the ball, fair fair. Yeah again, I was doing this quick. I was actually like struggling just on the fly to think of big guys. Badley, good one, really really good one. I guess I didn't have high hopes for Beansy as it was so yeah, I had a Raptor on the team already, yeah, that he could be added anyone else leave well.
Speaker 5: After the first game of the season, the Raptors and the Hornets jj Reddick had twenty three points, went six for eleven. I said, oh, there was some six man buzz there right now for JJ Reddick. Since then, he's gone three for twenty six and he scored twenty four points in the other games, and he has just been ice cold out there. He just can't hit a shot, which is incredible because he's got such a beautiful shooting stroke, and he's a veteran, he's been around. This is a great role for him and a good team, good opportunity. But he Yeah, he's just been clunking it a lot lately, so I expect he will shake out of that slump. But yeah, overall, he's shooting twenty four percent on the season. He went six for eleven in that first game and a great win against Maybe it was because it was the Raptors, although he's played the Raptors again, So but yeah, I just you know, you know, for a guy like him at his stage of his career, with his shooting stroke, it's like I could easily see him getting sort of fifteen points a game in that team in New Orleans, but not happening right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: John Hollander also suggested a good one last night to me Gary Harris, who heading into last night's game again, I don't have the updated stats, but was averaging seven points seven points per game on thirty six percent shooting from the floor and twelve point five percent from three. Ooh.
Speaker 5: There was some I don't know who was who was reporting it saying that the Nuggets were trying to shop him around, but there wasn't a lot of interest for Gary Harris.
Speaker 3: I wunder way right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I still sort of have belief for him.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good thing for him.
Speaker 3: You're still Team Gary.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 5: I'm not ready to jump ship just yet. But but maybe Will Barton coming back as well, because Will Barton wasn't there in the bubble is impacted. He's roll a little. I'm not sure, but interesting been back.
Speaker 3: You can't hit a shot right now, Team Gary. Shout out to our old volleyball team up in Canada. What a team three times on the beach? Oh man, Yeah, that crazy Toronto beach.
Speaker 2: Beach.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you'd be paying angle of sticks and rocks. You didn't want to die for the ball. Yeah, but show team Carrey. I was always fun. Missed those days. Let's take one more break to hear from our sponsors before tweeted the night. Let's get to tweet of the night.
Speaker 6: Tweet of the night.
Speaker 3: Wow, what do you got?
Speaker 1: Gen?
Speaker 4: So this is a real simple today. It's a tweet from Crooked Media producer Michael Martinez and it's just this just says mood. And it's a picture, a lovely picture of a man and his dog for those for the listeners, it's noted dog enthusiast Reverend or Raphael Warnock holding what I think is a beagle. It's damn cute. Anyways, all this to say congratulations to Reverend Warnock. He beat an unelected incumbent who was, is to put it politely, a scumbag. But you know what, it's a new day. Let's keep it positive and we're rooting for us off over here in this house. I'm sure you guys are as well. And uh oh yeah, shout out to the Cab County. During the show, Tas sent me a bunch of tweets about the pronunciation of Dacab County, which was good. And speaking of Tas, he mentioned this morning Lebron thinking about uh putting together an ownership group for the Dream who's in. That's a great idea.
Speaker 2: You love to see.
Speaker 3: It, to see it. That is a cbe eagle too. I assume that's his dog.
Speaker 4: Right, I don't know, he's a real puppy guy.
Speaker 5: Was that the same one he used in that commercial?
Speaker 2: I think so? Yeah?
Speaker 5: At the dog poo and great commercial, well done commercial.
Speaker 3: I saw it about twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Man, good, you're gonna miss those ads. But I don't know. Maybe no dungs can chip in on buying the dream here exciting, right, I don't know it's a contact of interest for a NBA podcast to own a w NBA team, But send us that kick fund raiser things, Lebron, whatever you're getting for your owner bull chip in a little bit twenty five bucks let us in.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get to pick the results from last night. It was the Bulls Blazers game. Blazers were favored by ten and a half. They didn't even win, so good call by Task and Tray to take Chicago to cover again. They just get the outright victory. So Lee and I were wrong with that one. We got three of us four and four. That's Tassley in myself. And then tray your three and five. It's very, very close, and there's a lot of January left. So tonight's game is the Clippers Warriors. Interesting line, Warriors not the favorites at home. They're they get They're getting four and a half points, so Clippers got to win by five or more. We got a busy eleven games schedule tonight, and this is the second game of the ESPN doubleheader Celtics Heat at seven thirty, and then this one our pickum Clippers at Warriors. So let's go to you first, Leley Clippers favored by four and a half on the road in Oakland. What do you got?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not sure if Paul Georgie is back, second old of it, back to back. The Warriors have been playing so well right now, and the Clippers, you just don't know what you're getting. So I'm going to take the Warriors. I think they've I think they can keep it close enough even if they don't win, to cover the spread there. So I give me the Warriors.
Speaker 3: Okay, And I gotta correct myself. They don't play in Oakland anymore. I forgot.
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, Yes, I wear the Oakland jerseys though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. That's why it's very confusing. Slap in the face if you ask me, what do you got to k.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with Lee on this one. I'm going to go with the Warriors as well. They've been playing pretty pretty nice basketball since Draymond Green came back. Four and a half points. Not a huge line, but a little bit too big for my liking. So give me the Warriors.
Speaker 3: I don't sweerarve, I'll go Clippers. As we pointed out, they're going to be down twenty or up twenty, So which one will it be? Flip a coin, give me La to win by five or more, and then let's hear task this pick.
Speaker 4: Give me the Warriors and the four points, and give me a verbal altercation between Draymond Green and somebody on the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Maybe many people on the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Patrick Beverley would be at the top of that list. Seez always got a thing to say. We will see, all right, I'm the only one taking lac to cover the spread. Everybody else got the Warriors. Okay, we'll call it there. Glad we got your back there, Tray. I mean you started with a bang, then you were gone, and then in style I'm trying to do my part over here, you know, I mean, what happened just a classic Wi Fi situation or who knows, just.
Speaker 2: A classic Wi Fi situation.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I ran upstairs, had to turn off the router, plug it back in. Now I'm hardwired in like the old school days, dialing in on my modem. But it's feeling reliable, feeling like the Bulls, ultra reliable, the comeback kids. First, the Bulls did it. Now I did it all right?
Speaker 3: Well, make sure yeah you double triple checked that Wi Fi or your internet can, because we got another podcast record later today. We don't want you freezing on the beach. Man, oh man, it gets cold on the beach. You can you know selling me? Yeah, yeah, exactly. So we'll be beach stepping it up answering your your questions and your comments today at three pm Eastern on YouTube. So make sure you join us live on YouTube or just listen to the podcast. Subscribe to No Dunks wherever you listen to us, keep those questions coming. No Dunks at the Athletic dot com. Go grab your No Dunks merch at no dunk dot com and subscribe to the Athletic already. Guys, the Athletic dot Com slash no Dunks Clipper bros. You heard it here first.
Speaker 2: Have a great time, turn up. Love you guys awesome, thanks for joining us, and remember talking in your T shirt means you mean business.
Speaker 3: Brace the day, people, you.
Speaker 4: Could stay every day.
Speaker 3: Doug, you happy every Mandy, it's been so long with your fun way.
Speaker 2: It's happened already.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be griffy.