Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 3: In the air everywhere, The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny g Radio and a happy Saturday to you here. It is the eighteenth day of October. As we are slicing and dicing the audio Sweatshop does not stop.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: It's a blessing in a curse, Danny. The blessing is that when something happens on a Friday night into the weekend and we're not on the radio, the blessing is we can come in here and talk about it. It's also a curse because we.
Speaker 1: Can come in here and talk about it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we're I think we're gonna just talk about what happened last night at Dodgers Stadium as the Dodgers win, the Pennant Dodgers win the pennant, they win the National League pennant, and so this is the unofficial post post post post look back last night in the League Championship Series of the Dodgers beat the Milwaukee Brewers and are going back to the World Series yet again, to take on either Toronto or Seattle. At this point, you'd say Seattle because they're one went away. But that'll be the matchup. And if it is Seattle, Danny, everyone will be complaining on the Eastern seaboard. Oh it's two West Coast teams. Who cares about that? But we'll worry about that when we get to the World Series.
Speaker 1: But man, what a night.
Speaker 3: Let's start with that the show. Hey Otani, game, plain and simple. It's a shame that happened on Friday night because it goes into a football weekend. But the Milwaukee Brewers, I mean, my god, I mean's they got knocked out in the first round. Otani hits the home run to begin the game, ends up with three home runs, two hit ball he pitched into the seventh inning, the first leadoff homer by a pitcher in postseason history. Of course, how many pitchers have batted leadoffs, So it's kind of one of those weird things. But he was at one man wrecking crew and it was it was an all time game. I think the jumping off point here was what Brian Anderson on Turner said. He said, it was the greatest performance in Major League Baseball history.
Speaker 1: Who's a Brewers broadcaster, Brian Anderson.
Speaker 3: He works for the Brewers during the season, but he does the Turner for the playoffs and all that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know he was a Brewers guy. I was going to say, I thought he did a good job during the series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's he does Milwaukee Brewers TV during the during the season.
Speaker 1: But but that line, now, you know.
Speaker 3: Ron Darling also on the Turner broadcast last night, I was like, yeah, this is the greatest thing I've ever seen, and like the only nitpick thing I have on that and listen, it was an amazing performance by Altani. But it was the league championship series and it wasn't an elimination game. It wasn't Game seven of the World Series anything like that. So I do think context matters on that. You know, It's like if you drop a fifty burger in the Eastern Conference Finals, it's not the NBA Finals.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, So that does mean something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, although the Brewers had the best record in all of baseball, nobody, including US Dodger Homer's expected a sweep. I think any Dodger your fan would be lying if they said today, oh I thought we were going to sweep them. No, none of us. I mean, I hear what you're saying. But the stage it was on. I mean, it's not Otani's fault that the Brewers were not hitting the baseball, Well, it kind of was his fault during its bitch performance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, it was amazing.
Speaker 3: I mean the way the Brewers played and really the the end of the Cup series. To remember those games in Chicago, they were not competitive in the games at Wrigley Field, they really got smashed, and then they came back and they won and then they go to the play the Dodgers. But it was like watching the way the Brewers were playing here at the end, it was like, if you're old on us, remember when Mike Tyson would fight some tomato can on a Tuesday in Atlantic City, you know, before he became you know, Mike, the big Mike Tyson. But the Brewers, Yeah, you're right, they had the best record in baseball. That's true, but the way they were playing recently, like traffic cones, and you know, it didn't even look fair. The Dodgers starting pitching versus the Brewer it was like the adults versus children, and I was very critical. I got a lot of crap. I'm still getting crap for my Kershaw monolog. By the way, Kershaw did not do anything in the league Championship series because he wasn't there as far as playing, so I was right.
Speaker 4: Viewed him after the game.
Speaker 1: I know, I know why they do.
Speaker 3: Remember also, by the way, Pedro Martinez was trying to poke the Dodger fan be very worried about the Brewers.
Speaker 1: Remember he sent that.
Speaker 4: Comment on us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I guess we were supposed to forget about that because the Brewers didn't show up. But uh, this was highlight reel versus practice state, right, like Otani was toying with him and the fact that he wins the MVP. Remember the story a couple of days ago, Danny was, you know, Oti's got to take extra batting practice. What's wrong with him? He's not a primetime playoff player. You looked at his numbers and he was he didn't play well in the World Series last year. You looked at his postseason numbers, You're like, well, this is not good at all, Like this is this is just gonna be another guy that doesn't perform well in the playoffs and then this happens, and no one's going to remember any of that. No one's going to remember Otani taking extra batting practice something he normally doesn't do, because that performance is a myth making performance.
Speaker 1: That was Babe ruth in HD is what that.
Speaker 4: Man'? You and I we've both seen. I don't know if you've seen it in person because it's only happened a handful of times, and there's plaques out there. In fact, it happened. Oh it was Schwarbs. He hit one where they put a plaque out there. I don't know about you, but I've never seen somebody hit the ball out of Dodger Stadium in that part of the park.
Speaker 1: Well, I've never seen it. Well, I'm trying to.
Speaker 3: I think I might have seen it in a game when the steroid days.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, I've seen a player pull up baseball.
Speaker 1: You know what's amazing.
Speaker 3: When I was doing Dodger Talk in the nineties. They had two players that was during batting practice, Danny Mike Piazza and a guy named Billy Ashley, who both on at least once every home stand would hit at least one ball out of over the pavilion at Dodger Stam. So I did see it behind the bat again, but I never I almost say never in the game. I think I saw one time and I don't even remember who hit it. But the other thing is Babe Ruth, I said, you know, Babe Ruth in HD. Babe Ruth never played in the league championship series. You know that Danny, he never played in the because there was no league championships.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, I saw a stat last night during the game that said he never hit a home run while he was also pitching a game. Oh okay in the postseason.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like, what is the greatest people talk about the Reggie Jackson was at three home runs three pitches for the that was in the World Series against the Dodgers. The greatest pitching performance in my lighte Tom, I hate to say it, but Madison Bumgardner for the Giants, and uh, I think it was game seven. Remember that was that was insane white thing flying at my face. Well, oh, Toni, this is the League Championship Series and it's not nothing, but the Dodgers gonna be in the World Series. If he does that in the World Series, then oh my god. But it's you know, it's a.
Speaker 4: It was a nice wake up call I had to endure. First Steve Covino from Covino and Rich. He was piling on Otani this past week because he's an Aaron Judge fan. He's a big Yankees honk, and so is Rob Parker. So I was sandwiched in between Steve Covino talking mess about Otani's postseason into Rob Parker, who's been screaming anti Otanni stats for the past two weeks on the network, and it was it was great Ben. After Otani hit that four hundred and sixty nine foot moonshot, I texted Rob and I said thank you for waking Otani up, and he sent a laughing of moji back. Rob Parker. I know he's happy he's not on the air. This is what he tweeted. Don't be a prisoner of the moment. Amazing game by Otani, for sure, but he was hitting one fifty in postseason with a ton of strike before tonight. Real assessment. Otani is a unicorn, but not the goat. Totally premature. So you know, you know Ben Rob's famous for after a team loses a series or a big game, he'll tweet that it's so quiet in that city you can hear a mouse urinating on fill in the blank.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was the first to comment, and I said, love your Rob, but it's so quiet right now in your mansion that you can hear a mouse urinating on your o Tani postseason notes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that's sick.
Speaker 3: That home run, the four hundred and sixty nine foot as you said, home run, that was like, did they check with did that go through TSA? Did that get cleared? I don't know if that was allowed in the airport. My god, but it's the Brewers. It was like they were made out of blue and yellow. Play though in this league championship and they DoD just starting pitching, and hey, if your bullpen blows, just have your starting pitching dominate the way the Dodgers did. And they molded, shape, squeezed, and just mutilated the line up there and you've got the pigeon. You've got the statue and the Dodgers my god. Uh and this is why everyone else hates the Dodgers and all that. But for now, yeah, this is the show hail tany game, and you know, the curtain is up.
Speaker 1: The curtains down, the Brewers are done.
Speaker 3: And I because it's the league championship series, I put a little bit of a caveat on that. It was ridiculous. It was awe inspire. It's one of those things ten years from now, do you remember when Otani hit three home runs and pitched into the seventh inning of the of the game and all that stuff. So the Dodgers, what is it twenty sixth pennet?
Speaker 1: Is that right? I think the twenty six penny.
Speaker 4: Check this out. You were talking about the starting pitching the Dodgers starters era for the series point six y three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 3: They allowed two earned runs in twenty eight and two thirds innings and had thirty five. And the thing that made the Brewers great was that they were pesky, they were opportunistic, they were disciplined, they played smart baseball. All of that went out the window in this series and the Dodgers, the thing is frustrating about the Dodgers is they were supposed to play like this during the regular season.
Speaker 1: They really didn't. They were underachieving during the regular season, and.
Speaker 4: Those of us who watched the entire season, it was stressful. It was a long, stressful season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, they were bad and I got crap for ripping them, but they deserve to be ripped. We do a daily talk show and we talk about it. That's the job description. We react in real time as like all these people send them hemil Well, I told you so.
Speaker 1: You should have just waited to the playoffs, Danny.
Speaker 3: Can you check with our bosses at Fox and can you see if they'll allow us to wait to do a talk show and give an opinion until after the playoffs. Can you check and see if that's okay, because I'm pretty sure that's not the job description that we have here. I'm pretty sure it's a daily job where you go in there and it's like it's like in sports, you read and react. You read what the defense is doing, you react to it. Well, in our job, you read what's going on in sports that day and you react to it. And just because the Dodgers apparently decided a sandbag during the regular season. Congrat this is now two years in a row, Danny, two years in a row they did the same.
Speaker 1: Bull crap, No lie, no bs.
Speaker 3: Remember how torn up weather beating the Dodger pitching staff was last season. And then they got the out of body experienced by Walker Buller, who went back turned back into a pumpkin this year for the Red Sox and was with the Phillies. But my god, now on the other side for the Brewers. How depressing if you're in Wisconsin. An absolute no show in the NLCS. And this was not just a series. It wasn't It was a failure theater. It was like the Brewers with his traveling Broadway production how not to hit a baseball?
Speaker 4: I mean, my god, as you would say, this was a rat kill.
Speaker 3: Yes, they made history, and not the good kind of history. For Games four and the Brewers managed fourteen inch. The Dodgers scored more runs fifteen than the Brewers had hits in the Nationally Championship Series. The Brewers batted one oh eight in the NLCS. I am told that is a Major League record for offensive futility. This was not just cold. This was rob Parker visiting Antarctica cold.
Speaker 1: This is what this was. This this is not a slump.
Speaker 3: This is like Ted Williams head in a cryogenics chamber somewhere. And the kicker, you know, the Dodgers treating Milwaukee like a chew toy, like a dog, my dog, Moxie.
Speaker 1: Would treat a chew toy.
Speaker 3: And you mentioned the starting pitching and all that, how dominant they were was at zero point sixty three as though you said, Danny.
Speaker 4: Do Yeah, yep, there's more to that stat really quick here right. It says Dodger starters twenty eight and two third innings, two runs allowed, nine hits thirty five case.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's insane.
Speaker 4: These are like, yeah, those are like video game stats.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's like a major league baseball team playing freshman high school baseball team, is what that is. That's it's insane. I go back to what I said about the Brewers just to finish up that point. Watching the Brewers play and I got the you know, I got the games, all the games during the season. I'm some of the bets on some games from now and then now and again, and I'll flip around and I'll watch certain teams, and I'll watched the Brewers a lot because they were on normally when I was settling in to start preparing for the overnight show. The games would start about five o'clock, and you know, it's around prep time for me to start getting ready for the show. And so the Brewers, I do believe, you know, Danny, I'm a multiverse guy. Believe there's multiple dimensions in the multiverse. So there is a dimension where in Game one, the turning point was that Bryce Terrain at bat in the ninth inning, tying run at third, bases loaded, and he decides to pogo stick out of the ray rather than get hit by a pitch. Would have tied the game and the crowds going wild. The Brewers would have been tied. They would have had the Dodger bullpen, the much ballyhooed in a bad way Dodger bullpen.
Speaker 1: But he jumped out of the way. He then swung in a pitch.
Speaker 4: A couple of weekends ago, you and I were on this very podcast with our worries about the bullpen. But how do you avoid that problem?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, they use it, but if you have six plus innings of good starting pitching, chances are you going to have the lead in every game, and when you have the lead, that puts the pressure on the other team. But the Brewers just awkward check swings, just just a mess, and the thing is crazy. Here's another fun fact. You want a fun fact here, The Brewers have never never had a four game stretch in the entire franchise history with fewer hits, Not in the regular season, not in the playoffs, not when they were an expansion team, not ever, not when we were Seattle pilots. And you know, you can dress this up and people are gonna say, well, it's the Dodgers, they are a juggernaut, but we talked about Danny.
Speaker 1: They hadn't been a juggernaut this year.
Speaker 3: But the Brewers hit one O eight if my math is right here, my malor math one eight in the National League Championship Series.
Speaker 4: Wow, that doesn't even sound real.
Speaker 3: And that the one highlight was Game one where they had a chance and Bryce terrang, as we said, not getting hit by the pitching Game one.
Speaker 1: That was the big moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dave Parker is rolling in his grave over that play.
Speaker 3: Former guests, by the way, on this podcast, the Great Dave Parker. Yeah, and again I understand the narrative people have, the small market team, you Cinderella run. It was a good season for the Brewers and all that, but the way they had played and they dominated the Dodgers during the regular season, all that, and the Dodgers just twisted them into a soft pretzel and made them into a paper airplane, whatever analogy you want to use on that. And it's wild that a Brewers team that had been that good. And I like Pat Murphy. I think he's a good dude.
Speaker 1: It seems like the kind of guy want of a beer with the Brewers.
Speaker 4: It's funny too in his press conferences.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, the Brewers just didn't belong on the same field with the Dodgers. And it was it was a sweet but it was like it didn't seem other than Game one. It didn't really get that dramatic. It was really clinical. I felt like, I mean, it's like the Brewers. Now all my friends from Chicago Danny are saying, hey, you jinxed yourself because when the Brewers beat the Cubs, they held up an L flag just mock the Cubs, and it's like, now, you Brewer guys are going to need an exorcism because you couldn't hit because you've you've messed with the cub and so there you got your own curse. Congratulations there and that's it. Now turn the page on it. I didn't want to mention this. The Dodgers won a lot the last couple of years, actually the last ten years, they won a lot, and so they punched their ticket to the Fall Classic.
Speaker 1: And then we get the postgame celebration.
Speaker 3: And I use that term loosely, Danny, because it's basically a corporate commercial, now.
Speaker 4: Is it not? Kind of yeah, it's the sing did like seeing Key k Hernandi is singing though, but it's like the.
Speaker 3: Same damn thing every time. It's cookie cutter. It's on field. You got a hug fest, right, a little bit of a dog pile, maybe a little champagne at some point here cameras. You get the pre printed MLB caps and shirts right with the logo.
Speaker 4: You got that. The coach and the front office talking head they all keep saying how we have the best fans in all of basebook because they want to get more cheers out of the crowd.
Speaker 1: That's a little sort of thing. The sorta was famous back in the day for that.
Speaker 3: But they have a it's like they're staging a catalog shoot for postgame merch though after the game, and you're right, and then they've got the thing that's really been popular the last few years has been right in front of the mound, the team does the posed class photo with the sport in the background. It's like senior photo shoot, except there's more bubbly guys with their shirts off. Although I look at the Dodger looked like they all had their merch their playoff merch on looked like they had all that. So then you watch this, then they do the trophy. After they do the photo on the field, they then do, as you said, the trophy presentation. They've got the portable stage. Somebody from the league there speaks, uh, you know, it's like high school graduation. At this point you mentioned, the manager comes up there kind of fake humble. Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, we love the fans. We couldn't do this without you. This is a special group.
Speaker 3: You know. The players yell in the background, you know, and you can practically hear the producer of the TV broadcast saying, okay, Q, the Gatorage shower boys. You know, let's get the or the champagne shower, and uh, they nobody believed in us, which is always fun, but it's just not organic. It's not It's like HG TV when I when I watched Love It or list It. There's a format to it, you know, it's like celebrate.
Speaker 4: But the Dodgers version of nobody believed in usay is, yeah, we have a lot of stars on the team, but these stars come out and are on their knees taking ground balls and practicing when the other team stars aren't out here. So even though we have stars, they're working hard for you fans.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, very hard, so we can gouge you when you come to our ballpark.
Speaker 1: But that was it. It's formatted as.
Speaker 4: That makes sense. So now I know why they charged me one thousand dollars the last time I went to a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: So it's again the steps are if I have this right, I jotted this down on my little note thing on my phone. Here, celebrate is step one, put your hat and shirt on. Step three would be like hold the trophy and then the bubbly celebration.
Speaker 1: Then is it after that you say nobody believe in us?
Speaker 3: I think even though you're the freaking Dodgers and you're like the biggest payroll in the old the whole thing, And meanwhile the Brewers and the other side where they're packing their bags, eating like cold postgame chicken chicken fetichini or something like that, and then making their way back to Milwaukee, and the dies of Dodgers get ready to move on, and I am waiting for them to put at some point, Danny, it happened sooner than later. They're actually gonna put a QR code on the stage there scan here to buy your MLB merchandise, your MLB playoff in that right now, come right over here now on that note.
Speaker 4: Really quick to appease our Seattle listeners. Right now. How about that grand salami from Suarez?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Genio Suarez. I was beautiful.
Speaker 3: It was wonderful, and I was part of me was hoping Toronto was going to win, because if you saw the game, the great Fat Hope for the Toronto Blue Jays score what was for a while the go ahead run and one of my favorite players to watch, because you know, I've always supported the Great Fat Hope, Danny.
Speaker 1: I love the fat athlete.
Speaker 3: I support the fat athlete and the Toronto the Toronto Blue Jays have one of the great fat players in this generation of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: He's a we were younger, there was.
Speaker 3: Always like the there was always one or two fat catchers in baseball. But the Toronto Blue Jays have a guy by the name of Alejandro Kirk who is listed it. He's lily like five seven or something like that, two fifty.
Speaker 1: He's a big boy, dude, big boy.
Speaker 4: In that thirteen to four win, he had a big three run homeern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's fun because he doesn't look like he should be any good at sports, but he's good. And he scored the go ahead run because who was it? Canzone should have been able to throw him out, and the outfield, the rightfuelder for the Mariners, with one of the worst throws ever, allowed the slowest guy you could possibly be, this guy Kirk to score. So that made it two to one, and then as you said, in the eighth inning, Seattle ends up scoring, they tie the game, and then they get the Grand Slam.
Speaker 1: To win it.
Speaker 3: So now they have to win one out of the next two and three Toronto and then we'll get an All West Coast All West Coast World Series between the Mariners and the Dodgers, And the Dodgers would have home field advantage, would they not?
Speaker 1: I believe they would.
Speaker 4: They would. Yeah, yeah, they'd.
Speaker 3: Have home field advantage in the World Series, which is crazy considering they were a wild card team and all that. And as John Sterling would say, that's baseball, Susan. Toronto had gas Man on the mound, gosmin right, their top pitcher, and he pitched.
Speaker 1: Well, and they lost.
Speaker 3: And the washed up, rotting carcass of Max Shirsley of the Night comes out there with his crazy eyes shureser and ends up.
Speaker 1: Knealing and Toronto won that game.
Speaker 4: And so that was old Guy's rule night, because across the dial was the Thursday night football game with Aaron Rodgers and Joe Flacco.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and my right hand was getting a workout, Danny, flipping back between those.
Speaker 1: My right hand was getting a workout, going back and forth.
Speaker 3: The most World Series appearances of all time, the Yankees have forty one. Dodgers though or second with twenty three. The Giants are third, the Cardinals are fourth. You know who has the fewest World Series appearances, Danny? You know who that would be? Who Seattle, Marrius. I've never made the World Series. This will be their first World Series if they are able to get there.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I want to go back to the Dodger thing quickly here before I forget. So this is something I want you to know. This is something that's going to come up here because and I don't have a problem with this, Danny. I am fine with this approach by the Dodgers because I think it's okay, you know, you go and you do it and knock yourself out something Dave Roberts said that will be played for years to come here. Even though the Dodgers didn't win the World Series on Friday Night and all that stuff, but the team with the deepest pockets outside of the Yankees, the Dodgers just steamrolled these small market Milwaukee Brewers in the NLCS like it was I don't know se batting practice, but it was. It was because they didn't score as many runs, they could have scored more runs and all that. But the domination on the mount of Chevezervine and the person or the group of people I mean, clarify, the group of people that are gonna love this more than anything Danny, you know who it is. It's the other owners, because there, I promise you, they are already popping champagne in the aristocrats club of ownership. And here's why, because this is going to be exhibit A in next labor negotiation. It's a CBA knife fight. It's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Look at the Dodgers. Look at what they're gonna say.
Speaker 3: This is why we need a heart This is why we need restrictor plate racing. This is why we got to protect our little Milwaukee Brewers, who you know, they had a great record and in the playoffs all these you know they can't breathe. They needed no respirator and who's not.
Speaker 4: Fair a sports cry babies.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is, though, Dave Roberts and I love this because it's like professional arresting. I've ripped Roberts, I've given me heartburn over the years, but I'll give him credit on this one where credit is due.
Speaker 1: Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: Right after they win the NLCS, he smirked and says, remember what he said. He said, let's get four more wins and really ruined baseball. Is what I loved that he's a villain in a bond movie petting a cat gloating.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, I heard who? Did I hear? I heard somebody call him the death star Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 4: Look at they're smart with how they set up their contracts, because in front of me, I have the highest paid players in MLB next season, Juan Soto, Zach Wheeler, Vladimir Guerrero Junior, Aaron Judge, Alex Bragman, Anthony Rendon, Jacob deGrom, Mike Trout, Garrett Cole, and Sonny Gray. Did you hear any Dodgers in there? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, the problem Danny not to be be the guy that reigns on the parade and then be the guy that reigns on the parade, is that they're gonna be paying We'll be like eighty years old, if we're if we're still alive, they'll be paying Otani, Uh, you know, seventy million dollars.
Speaker 4: Sure, it's gonna be a bonea situation.
Speaker 3: But the thing, like my theory is that these guys are just gonna sell the team once those they have to once they have to start paying those contracts out because they're gonna be paying Mookie Betts and Otani like all these guy Yamamoto.
Speaker 1: They're all getting deferred money.
Speaker 3: Uh, and I just think they're the ownership group's gonna sell by then, and then it's gonna become ugly. But hey, we'll be old to who cares. Just enjoy it right now? Right, well, don't worry about that, ain't that ain't our problem. Now that's somebody else's problem. But but this is a team that's gonna be the argument. The argument is gonna be, well, they Dodgers defer all this money. We got to stop deferred payments, you know, we got to put a cap on that.
Speaker 1: And and so.
Speaker 3: I like the fact that Dodgers are leaning into it. And then Roberts also quoted Kobe, right, he said the job's not done yet. That was a Kobe quote that he used. But I'm telling you, the other owners are gonna weaponize this thing. And the owners are gonna use this and they're gonna gonna they're gonna cry for fan support, and they're gonna get fans support because fans will be like, that's not fair, it's not running, you know, the whole thing. They're gonna they're gonna march in what is it, twenty end of twenty twenty six season. I think it is.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have that, and it's already started on social media. With every Dodger w that noise just gets louder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'll have power points showing the Dodger payroll and the Brewers payroll and how they're able to manipulate it, and they it's a cheat code and they've got to stop it.
Speaker 1: And they'll they'll say.
Speaker 4: Super Momoto makes more than the entire bros pitching stuff. This is what.
Speaker 3: Happens when you be allowed a team to to you know, you've got we've got a problem. We've got to fix the rule, you know, and you got a team that prints money, and then you got a team that has to sell brought worse just to keep the lights on. You know, Milwaukee and UH and not are obviously fine with it. What they're doing is working. They'll take the villain role. I'm fine with that. I have said many times when I did Dodger Talk, they never wore any good like this.
Speaker 1: I mean, they made the.
Speaker 3: Playoffs a couple of times, but they when I was doing the postgame show for the Dodgers, they were pretty mediocre, and I rant I used to complain and I would say, why can't the Dodgers be like the Steinbrenner Yankees. Why can't they be like the Yeah, Yankees get every good player and here we are, and you know, took thirty years, but the Dodgers have become like the Yankees.
Speaker 1: You know, they got more money than Fort Knox.
Speaker 3: Of course, the difference is the Dodgers they're getting their money from Japan, right, this is a Japanese money that they're getting to go Tani and Yamamoto, and they're the most popular team in Japan.
Speaker 1: They're really.
Speaker 4: All you have to do is look no further than the New York Mets. Look at that payroll, Look at the players they got, and they didn't even make the playoffs. Oh no, there's no direct correlation. Yeah, the money doesn't guarantee squat, but if you do have a high payroll, it doesn't guarantee anything.
Speaker 3: No. When I again, I go back to when I was around the Dodgers and they had Kevin Brown was the highest one of the highest paid pitchers. They had Gary Sheffield was a big star in that time, and those guys did not perform. It. It's like all that matters is how you perform.
Speaker 1: In the moment.
Speaker 3: So one of my my sticking points I bring up a lot there and so again it's like, this is great, and the Dodgers are off to the World Series. And now now what we're gonna get Danny is because there's at least going to be one more game, maybe two more games in the ALCS. Well, the Dodgers are going to be rusty for Game one because Game one of the World Series is what this coming Friday?
Speaker 1: I think it's Game one of the World Series, I believe.
Speaker 3: Is there gonna be a week right, Yeah, so there's gonna be a week off, So it's gonna be like, oh man, the Dodgers all the moment because there's no.
Speaker 4: Signs whoever they play, the Mariners or the Blue Jays could steal game one because the Dodgers will be cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyway, I can go on and on here, but there you go. That was a very sporty fifth hour podcast. Yeah, dude, it's it's weird. It's almost like we were on the actual network.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, it's good because by the time we get back on the radio microphones, I'm we're in the podcast remote podcast studio. But we get back into the the iconic hallways, the world famous microphones of Fox Sports Radio, and we get back in there, it's this gonna be old news, right, this.
Speaker 1: Just happened last night.
Speaker 3: By the time we get back in, we got college football today and then tomorrow NFL all day from that run.
Speaker 4: But I'll say this, the Otani thing is such a big performance that all the full time slots on our network are going to say. I know it had happened on Friday, but I got to have my two cents on the Otani performance. So I think we're still going to hear about it from all the shows on Monday.
Speaker 3: We got ours in before they got theirs in, so put that.
Speaker 1: You scooped them. You scooped them, and we scooped them.
Speaker 3: There, I'm looking at the by the way, the Daily Mail Danny headline. On the Daily Mail, they actually have a sports section. It's Tokyo bay you racist the headline show, Hey o, Tani pulls off once in a century feet as Dodgers charged into the World Series.
Speaker 1: So Tokyo Boo, I don't that works.
Speaker 3: Hey, have a great Saturday. Join the college football today. No baseball, they'll resume tomorrow, of course. Great scheduling.
Speaker 4: But if I was, I would just go get drunk all over the town in LA like fifteen hot dogs and woman eyes all weekend. Well, I don't know what do you want from me. I'm the new babe Ruth.
Speaker 3: I don't know how his wife would feel about that. But you can enjoy it and have a have a fine time. And as he said postgame, ber there his interpreter. Hey, by the way, how do you think of Tony's old interpreter's feeling right now in jail watching all this holy crap? I wonder if you bet on it anyway. All right, have a have a great rest of your Saturday.
Speaker 4: We'll be back tomorrow. We'll come back see for the mail bag. Manyana later, Skater my folation