Speaker 1: Hand Me My Purse is a production of iHeart Podcasts, so oper erusing Jazzmine Sullivan's Internet. I happened to come across something that made me smile, and when I read it, I said out loud, yes, bitch, it garnered that kind of response when I read it. Let me share it with you. May your success offend the shit out of anyone who didn't want to see you win. I pray that for you, my friends, and kin, I pray that for me. And whatever you're drinking, Raise your glass. I'm gonna raise mine, and let's cheers to it. To our success offending the shit out of anyone who does not want to see us win.
Speaker 2: Cheers.
Speaker 1: I can't see the bad. Okay, what's up, y'all? Welcome to Hanmy My Purse, the podcast. I am Mimi Walker, and I will be your forever host, each and every single time you tune into this podcast, So friends, go ahead and get comfortable. Get yourself a glass of your favorite beverage, whether that is ice cold, sparkling water with the freshly squeezed juice of an orange, a root beer float, or a glass of peano and noir chilled. Because there's nothing wrong with drinking your red wine chilled, contrary to popular belief. And I have spoken to a somalier about that and they said that you can absolutely drink red wine chilled. How does he know, he said, because in Italy when they store wine, it's stored underground in the oak barrels, and it's about fifty to sixty five degrees under there, which is chilled. So go for it. I'm not saying it has to be frozen, but I will say if you want to drink it frozen, do that. Because it's your wine, you paid for it. You can do what you want with it. And don't let excuse me, don't let any snooty boots tell you that you can't have your wine. Child. If that's how you want it, go ahead and light yourself as a candle some incense, or burn yourself some stage, and just get ready to chill out and have a good time. What's up, friends, and ken, It's me me, Resident Auntie Supreme. Here at hand me my purse, and today I am sipping on some hot medicinal tea. I am having a combo of tea here, and that is metabolism burning tea. I can't think of the brand, but it's the ones in those ten cylindrical jars or containers. They cost like twelve dollars a pop. But I have a medicinal I mean a metabolism burning tea which has some herbs in it. It's not a fat burner or it doesn't have any chemicals or anything like, well, not chemicals because this isn't a chemical It's not like a Garcinia cambojia kind of tea. It just has like cinnamon and you know, herbs. I'm having also with that Ashuagonda tea and a sugar detox tea that I got from the Asian Market or h Mart. I put all three tea bags in with about thirteen ounces of water, some lemon, and some honey. I'm gonna have a long day to day, so I'm trying to slow roll into my day, starting it off intentionally with some hot tea and some intentions on medicinal benefits. Today's going to be a good day. I believe that. Oh yeah, Ends and Ken. For today's jam, I chose a song that I love since the first time I heard it. It's a very funky song and I think I learned it. I'm not familiar, but I'm almost positive that I found out about this artist via Lenny Kravitz. I think the artist's name is Nico Costa, and the song is called Like a Feather and a little bit about Nico Costa. She was born. Got this from the wikipedes. She was born on June fourth in nineteen seventy two in Tokyo, Japan. Her parents are Italian Americans, and she was musically inspired from childhood. She was surrounded oftentimes by famous and talented artists as she traveled the with her father, who was a well known producer and musician named Don Costa, who worked on several hit albums by Frank Sinatra, including Sinatra and Strings in My Way. My Way being extremely well known, so she was already surrounded by musical excellence just by being born. And so I remember when I heard this song, I went to find even more of her music and fell in love with this song, of course, Like a Feather and her other big hit Everybody Got There Something. Oftentimes I wonder where she went, but I didn't do a lot of looking into it. Everybody Got There Something was the album's title track that came out the album I think came out in like the early two thousands. Let's go ahead and listen to the song. It's so funky. The first time I heard it, I'm not even gonna lie. I definitely thought she was a sister the first time I heard it. Absolutely, And then when you saw her, you're like, oh you Tinama read me. You definitely Teenuma read me. But she is, She's not Tina Marie. Let's be very clear. There is nobody on earth, nobody on earth that is gonna even no white woman will ever ever come close to being Auntie Tina. Never, Tina Marie is the queen. Just to be clear, Let's go ahead and listen to this song. Hella that.
Speaker 2: Ella.
Speaker 3: You'll agree, you.
Speaker 1: Agreed, Okay, So what did you think? What did you think? Because I love this song. It's so funky, like the way it starts out the music alone, let you know on the front end, this is about to be a funky kind of vibe. I love her voice. I love how she sings on the song. Her voice is super eccentric. Like I said, there's some connection to Lenny Kravitz. I mean, you know they were probably booking, like let's just be let's just be real. They were probably booking back then. And when I say booking, for you guys that are new, booking means doing grown up things when you're naked. Okay, booking, I don't want to say that word, not because I don't want to cuss. I just prefer to say booking. I like the way it sounds. They were probably booking because you know, Lenny Kravitz is that dude, And when you watch the video, you will feel like the Lenny Kravitz energy, you'll feel it. I can tell that he definitely influenced her. The album came out, like I said, in the early two thousands, actually came out in two thousand and I still listen to this song because it's a gem. Like I said, as usual, I'm gonna put the link in the show notes for you, So check out the song, check out her other songs, but definitely check out everybody Got There Something. So let's go ahead. You know what time it is, Let's go and get this poorty story. So today, friends and kin, we're going to talk about something that in general, I feel like human beings are just not really into doing. Like it's bad, like it's not really their jam. And I'm not sure why it has folks in such a stranglehold, but it seems to give people the heb gbs because they avoided like it's the plague. And I'm talking about self accountability. Oh yeah. It is one thing to hold other people accountable, you know, people never have a problem with that telling somebody else what they should do, what they shouldn't do, and that they need to own their behavior and their actions and their choices. But it's totally different when you're holding yourself accountable. That's some serious shit that requires a certain level of self awareness and maturity and babe.
Speaker 2: All enabled, what in the world is that?
Speaker 1: Self accountability means taking responsibility for your actions, your behaviors, your choices without blaming other people. It means that you're fulfilling your obligations, your tasks, your goals, and you know, just living in your truth without excuses. And when you are personally accountable, you take ownership of what happens as a result of your actions and your choices and fulfilling your obligations or assumed obligations. You don't blame other people, you don't create justifications, you don't defend or even feel the need to make a case for your choices and behaviors, and a day to this, you make sure to do whatever it is you can to atone for when things don't necessarily go the way you may have anticipated. Nothing is worse than when someone does not hold their weight or does not do something that they were supposed to do, and then they come at you directly with all of the excuses, all of the reasons, all of the blah blah blah about why they didn't do what they were supposed to do or why they didn't show up as they were expected to show up, or they'll try to downplay their role in the situation. No, my friend, nope, you did it. You were wrong, you didn't show up the way you said you would or the way you were supposed to, and it's okay. It is it is, though, Wait, hold up. Something is worse worse than that, for me is when people try to turn the conversation of the situation around and say something absolutely insane like well, you didn't do blah blah blah blah, or well you did it before. It was okay when you did it, All right, idiot, that's fine, I did it, And that's not me deflecting, you know, me not taking accountability. But the truth of the matter is that dumb, dumb, we're not talking about me or what I did right now. We're talking about you. Right now. It's your turn. If you felt a way about what I did when I did not show up or I didn't do something, you should have held me accountable, right or we could have had a conversation about that. But right now it is about you in this moment. That is something that I absolutely hate. I do not like it. Own your shit, Just own your stuff. That's it. It's not the end of the world to make a mistake or to not get life right all the time, like it's normal. We are human beings. But the true mark of maturity is being able to say, you know what, I didn't get it right this time. I didn't show up the way I was supposed to. I'm not owning my choices or you know, my behaviors. You're right, it's so hard to say that, and we just have to get to a place where we're able to say, I'm going to work on doing a better job at doing whatever it is the thing that we should be doing, whatever it is, and then of course actually doing the work to do the thing and to be better right makes sense home with me? Ya cool? So some of this kind of stuff I personally like, I attribute it to certain cultural norms in like our community. And when I say, ah, I'm speaking about the Black community. Now, I don't get me wrong. Some of this is going to overlap into other communities. I am positive, but for this instance, I'm kind of speaking about us. You know the rule here. You know how I feel about this, Like I may not, or I may be speaking about the black community community, or I may be talking about my lived and shared experiences. But everybody can get this work because every and anybody can be can relate to something that I say, because trust me, black people don't hold the rights to all lack of a self accountability, trust me, and living in America, I'm sure we know that we don't own that. So let's move forward, all right, Let's go ahead and get into it. So oftentimes there is a lot of pressure in our community to be perfect, or to be great, or to be excellent, or to do better than the generations before us, or to do any and everything to make your family proud, your community proud. And there's nothing wrong with those things. Like those things. You always want to be better or strive to be better than the generation before you. The generation before you want that for the generations that come after them. Nothing is wrong with that. But sometimes the push or the pressure to be perfect in a community setting or in a group setting.
Speaker 2: Is so.
Speaker 1: Heavy, The push is so strong that we don't realize that we have subconsciously stigmatized making mistakes or for excuse me, us to experience failure, when in fact, failure is essential for our growth. You know, it's a necessary part of our journey, and it's essential for the journey toward being your best self or being a better version of yourself, you know what I mean, or being a better version of the generation then that came before you, right. Uh. It makes me wonder sometimes if the collective goals and dreams that our community has for us are rooted in us being better individually or for our culture, or for our community or for our people, which all of those things are fine, But the problem I think I have is that, or not the problem, but the things that the thing that makes me wonder or the wondering for me is that if the only focus is about being better for the community, that I think is where the pressure comes in and you get what I'm saying, Like I feel like maybe, yikes, let me just keep going because I think I think I can make it make sense, Like is the focus that we be better people and be better as a human being of this world and in this world to add to the collective greatness or we don't really care. Just make sure you add to the collective greatness, even if you aren't being the best version of yourself that you aspire to be. Just make sure you're adding to the collective greatness. If that makes sense. And for me, that shit is kind of heavy. It's a lot of burden to carry. It's a lot of pressure. It can cause a lot of anxiety. It can cause a lot of stress. It can cause people to not do what they want to do and to do what they don't want to do, which is a form in my mind of internal warfare. And I think that doing this or pushing this kind of agenda, and be very clear not in any way saying any way, shape or form, saying that you should not be adding to the collective greatness of your people, or of the group, or of the organization, or of the whatever, of the family, of the whatever. That's not what I'm saying. And if that's what you're hearing, stop, get up, go breathe some fresh air, and then come back, because that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that, in my mind, the emphasis should be on the person or the people in the collective being their best, being the best version of them, so that in doing that they can add to the collective greatness. Because isn't that what we should want for people, For people to be them their best selves versus being somebody else or being what we think they should be. You know, I just think that doing this puts an emphasis on shame, and shame is heavy and it seems like I may be speaking another language to some people. But follow me, if in your culture, community, family, circle, whatever, the focus is solely on being great to add to the community, like I said, instead of being great so that you will end up being the best version of yourself, which adds to the community because you're happy and living a life that you find joy in and living in your truth and focused on your greatness and not from a sense of I want to focus on me being great because I don't care about Excuse me, because I don't care about the collective, but focused on me being great, because when I am great, my collective is great. When I am my best self, I can show up for my collective, or I mean, I can show up for the collective or the community, or the organization or the whatever in a better way because I am living in my truth and in the best way that I see fit for me and for the collective. And if we don't do that, there will be shame, and there will be shame of not living up to the norms of the community or circle or whatever that have been set which you oftentimes had no part in helping to create. You had no leg or no voice in helping to create those cultural or community norms. They're shame of not being good enough, their shame of public disgrace. And where there is shame, there is oftentimes guilt. Okay, please, And I've said it before, guilt trauma is a bitch. It's a lot, and it will have you bound, and it will have you trapped in a space where you don't feel like you will ever be able to live up to the expectations that are placed on you. And so rather than constantly striving for perfection, the focus should be on person growth and becoming the best version of yourself with a growth mindset, and with a growth mindset that when I am my best, I am then able to add to the collective or the community, or the family, or the organization or whatever it is, the circle, the village, whatever you want to color it, I'm able to add to it at my greatness to it, making it greater. I believe that staying true to our fundamental values and the core of who we truly are will always allow us to become a much more valuable asset and contributor to our communities. And when I say communities going forward, I'm talking about communities being the Black community, the community you live in, your culture, your family, your friends, circle, your relationships, like, whatever communities you belong to, I'm talking about that. So that goes back to me saying like, even if you are not black, like, you can still take something from this because we all belong to a community of some sort right, and so that will also help to add to, like I said, the collective growth of the community. And as a result, that embedded sense of shame will subconsciously have us avoiding accountability due to the fear of public disgrace when we focus on trying to be who somebody else wants us to be, or who will other people dream for us to become and to be. Not showing up that way will create, like I said, anxiety and a sense of shame and embarrassment for not showing up or not being able to live up to those expectations. And some of it may be in our heads, right, Like some people might listen to this and be like girl, please, Like girl, you all in your head, you creating all this stuff. You're making excuses. But I'm not. Though I'm not. This is real, you know, this is a situation, right, and so let's talk, like I want to get to the root of what may cause some people to not take accountability for their behavior. And sometimes, you know, you may say that it in my head, but sometimes it's it's embedded in our bones and we don't even realize it because it carries on from generation to generation generation generation in the communities, right in our culture, in our families, in our organizations, whether they be social organizations, or it's sometimes at work, like whatever your friend groups, whatever it is, you know, it can just go down the line and we end up living a life where we avoid personal accountability and try to stay away from being reflective and owning our own shit. And this is not to blame the community, you know. I'm not blaming your family, or blame in the black community, or blame in the culture or the collective. But it is definitely insight into why some folks just flat out refuse to own their shit or own their roles and responsibilities in situations and circumstances. Do not get me wrong, some people are adamant and will die on a hill refusing to be held accountable by anyone, and particularly holding themselves accountable. Some people just will not do it. It's just not of them. They are not of that ilk. They will not do it at all. They won't And I know lots of people like that. All I'm trying to do is just provide a different perspective, a different lens to kind of look at this through. And I think if you could imagine that if we didn't stigmatize or put such a heavy weight on failure in our community, people would be more apt to take risks and not obsess about the what ifs, you know, like what if it doesn't work, and what if I fall, or what if I fail? Or what if my wings melt? Or what if? You know, what if like people would be like, all right, I'm gonna do it, right. I know you've seen this thing on the internet that says, but what if you fly or something like that. I don't know, but what if it works out? We should encourage that instead of focusing on you might fail or it might not work or you know what I mean. I know y'all get what I'm saying. If you understand what I'm saying, say amen with me, one, two three, Amen.
Speaker 2: Jesus, Jesus Jesus.
Speaker 1: And if we focus more on that or looking at it from that perspective, I think that it would be more helpful. And not only would it be more helpful, but we would garner better results. You know, we would have more people that are willing to own their behaviors. What if we encourage people in that way, like not always bogging people down with oh lord, what if it happens this way? Or what if this happens or what if this happens? Or what if you don't do well? Like all right, what if you fail? All right? So what if you do fail? Then what then? What then you just fail and then you just get up. You know, we are people with enough resilience and perseverance and just straight up strength in our blood, in our blood, in our DNA that if we fail, or when we fail, if we just get back up and keep it moving, dust yourself off and try again, in the words of Aliyah shut Out to Aliyah Rest in Paradis, if we just get up and keep it moving, you know, and just keep trying until we get it right, like we're gonna be good. There is a song that I love by Jada Kiss and Styles P called We Gonna Make It. Listen if you know the song, I'm putting a link in the show notes. It is like my theme music. Sometimes shit don't work out the way we want it to work out, but we we gonna make it. And I mean he says with this one line and it says determine people make it. It doesn't say people. But if you listen to the song, you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm gonna put it in the show notes for sure. But you just gotta be determined that you gonna it's gonna be okay, and then you make it. Just gotta get up, you just gotta keep going. And I think that if people trusted that, people would get up and keep going, or there wasn't so much shame associated with falling down or not getting it right, more people would just get up and keep trying and be like, damn, I didn't get it right that tom, But you know what, let me just do it this way, because we wouldn't stay down because we down, because it's like, oh shit, do you think they noticed im down here? Yeah, everybody knows you're down. Get up, Like, do you guys see that? Do you see the connection to the pressure of always getting it right and always being perfect to detern people from even taking accountability for when the shit goes left? The connection is there and it's loud. So I just feel like we need to start encouraging people and reassuring them that failure can be used as a stepping zone for the success that we all see because we all want to be successful, whatever that looks like for you, whatever success is for you. You know, we all want to be we all want to be successful, we all want to get there. But it's okay if on the road to getting there, you fuck up, because everybody fucks up because we're all human. And then if we did that and encourage that or looked at it through that lens or from that perspective, maybe then people will begin to see self accountability as a positive way to approach how they navigate life. We just be out here setting the standard, leading the way people would see it. We would be a beacon of light for people stuff. And so I just feel like, like, when I think about it, taking responsibility for our actions can be difficult, but it requires courage. And like I said, I want to say this again. Me saying these things is not me pointing a fanning finger or you know, blaming families, communities, black culture, or you know. It's not And if you took it that way, hit dogs alive. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is Okay, maybe that is at the root of it, or maybe that is because realistically, if you want to be truthful, we as a people didn't really get that way just out of the clear blue sky. It is the result of something more than likely the result of oppression that desire to be perfect, to be the best, and there is an insecurity associated with that oppression naturally that makes all of the sense in the world. To me, I'm just saying that let's just call it what it is, let's see it for what it is, and let's just try a different approach, because that's how you make the generations better, that's how you know. And I'm not saying water it down for them. I'm not saying to not hold them accountable, because we have to hold them accountable because if not, you end up with entitled, lazy children or people who you know are just floating around not wanting to do anything. But there's a balance, there's a gentle, a gentle excuse me, balance that we have to find in educating them and preparing them. And I think the educating part I'm not even talking from a book. I'm just saying in life, letting them know it's cool. If you mess up, you just got to bounce back. What does your balance back game look like? What is your Does that make sense? Like? Does the buying of a spring like? What's your spring look like? What's your boy on your never mind? Anyway, it takes courage to take responsibility for for who we are, what we are, and how we show up and even when things don't go as planned, owning up to our mistakes can help us to earn the trust and respect of those around us. Basically, without telling other people how to live or being judgy or condescending, we can be an example by showing them how to be better, just by being a better version of ourselves. And that is for everybody around us, everybody in the collective, everybody in the family, everybody in black culture, everybody at your job, everybody in your skating club, everybody in your sorority or fraternity, everybody at your church, everybody in your whatever, whatever your collective is, everybody in it. When we are our best selves, we kind of show other people how to figure out how to be their best selves. And so next week I want you all to stay tuned because next week is going to be the second part of this conversation where I'm going to get more into what that looks like, like how do we really sit in because this week I kind of spoke about like the route or the the the nucleus of some folks in their lack of self accountability and what could be the issue for some people, not all people, Like I said, some people just ain't gonna take accountability for what they do. That's just who they are. But for some people like it is rooted in something else. It could be rooted in shame and guilt. And we got to look at why people would feel shame or guilt for fucking up, and we got to take responsibility. We got to take some self accountability for why we would make people feel that way. And so I want you to say to you because next week we're going to get more into like how we shift that and the how to shift to shift? What is a shift? The how we can shift excuse me, our mindset to one of growth and focus on being more accountable for our actions. So I'm excited for that conversation. I love y'all. I want y'all to know that, and I will see y'all to finish this conversation next week. But stay tuned because it's time for straight facts of course. So friends in Camp for today's straight facts question. This question is coming from Pittsburgh. It says, what's up to me? I need some straight facts in my life? I love it. My name is and I've been in a committed relationship. What is a relationship? Is it a relationship for millennials? If so, I coined it and make sure that if anybody else says it, that I get my credit. Anyway, I've been in a committed relationship with my girlfriend for three years. Okay, I support my girl and everything she does. She recently started school and needed a laptop for her classes. So what do I do. I let her borrow my laptop. Well, one day, she must have forgotten to close out her browsing window, and man, was I shocked by what I saw. She has been watching heterosexual pornography and it has not been a one time thing. After looking through my browsing history, yes, Detective Chanel, I'm just joking, but I mean, like naturally, I think the natural thing to the natural thing to do would be to look through the browsing history. And it's her computer. I do not support looking through people's phones and other people's personal items because I just think that's weird. But this is her computer and it's her browsing history. Anyway, after looking through my browsing history, I noticed that she has been watching heterosexual pornography almost once a day. My girlfriend claims to not be attracted to men. She always acts so disgusted when we talk about anything related to heterosexual relationships and sex. So I am confused as to why she would be watching Heterosexual Born. Do you think I should mention it to her or leave it alone? Chanelle from Pittsburgh Ooh, Chanell, this is spicy. That's a girl. Yes, it is a Tornida. So first and foremost, I think everybody knows what I'm going to say, because you know, most of my answers are rooted in this. But you know, Chanelle, I believe that all things happen for a reason, and God doesn't make mistakes, right, So there's a reason that this has come to the light. And I think that this is a perfect opportunity for you and your girlfriend to have a healthy, mature, open conversation about your relationship and not where your relationship stands, because you know, I don't think that personally, I don't think she did anything wrong, but I think that for you, like you said, you're confused, like I'm confused, because every time we talk about anything that has to do with heterosexual relationships and sex, you act like you're super disgusted and it's gross to you. And then the next thing, I know, you're watching Heterosexual Born. Make it make sense? This I don't get it, you know, So I'm not the type of person to support people yuck and anybody's yum. But I was like, she yucks other people's yum. Also, it's in private conversation with her girlfriend, which makes sense, but that would leave me confused too. I would be very confused. I'd be very confused if I was dating a guy and you know, he was like, Oh, I don't like people who wear you know, they call those people ferbies, or I think they call them ferverts. I don't know, but like people who wear like costumes and then they engage in sexual activity with the like fuzzy character costumes on. If he was like, Oh, that's weird. They crazy, that's weird old stuff. But then I found out he was watching fervert porn, I would be like, dude, what are you? You live in a lie? I mean, and it sounds like that's how you are feeling like you've been living a lie? You who are you? Because what you are telling me and your behavior is not adding up. That's where the conversation needs to come in. She doesn't really owe you any explanation about anything, because people can do whatever they want to do. But if you're in a healthy relationship, you know, what I mean. I think it's it's smart to have that kind of conversation because it would raise lots of red flags for me. So I do think you should mention it. I would not leave it alone because if you left it alone, it's going to drive you absolutely insane. Have a conversation about it. Just say you know, listen, I want to have a very mature conversation with you. I want you to know that I'm not upset with you. I'm just a little bit confused. She may be very offended or very defensive, and in line with this episode, she may not want to take personal accountability for her actions. But you know, there's no way to get around this other than trying to use deflection, which is what people do, or shutting down. But I think if you reassure her that you are not judging her, you are not upset with her. You just want to have a healthy conversation about this with her. I think she should be okay, because maybe she does like it, maybe she is not being honest about something I don't know, or maybe she was just interested one day and you know, her interest was s pequing and she was like, let me check it out, and she started liking it, and that's okay, but you ain't got a front like you absolutely hated every time we talk and then you watching it when nobody's looking. I would say something. It ain't no way that I couldn't say something because I would act weird. Then I would be weird because it's going to be all on my chest because I would want to get it off. So I recommend having a conversation with her about it. And if you feel uncomfortable having a conversation with her about it, it may be time to here we go. You know what I'm gonna say, go to couple's therapy. Talk to a therapist because you may need somewhere there to mediate the conversation. And not that it would turn into anything violent, but like, if you feel like it would be a hard or difficult conversation to have, have somebody else there, not a friend, because it ain't their business. This is where people get the game fucked up. Don't bring people who are a part of your lives into your relationship. It ain't they business. It's not their business. So getting a therapist, a very non biased, neutral objective party to help you navigate that conversation. Because also there could issues could come up about trust because maybe now you feel a way about trusting her, you may need a little more help than just we just gonna talk about it, you know what I mean. So I would look into that, and good luck girl, because that sounds that's spicy. That's spicy. But I definitely think that you should not play around and you should definitely talk to her about it. So good luck, Chanelle. Way for today's We Got to Do Better segment. This is coming from one of our aunties that is living her best life in another country. Political asylum. Shout out to Asada Shakur. I didn't mean to hit that button. I meant to hit this one. So I remember reading Asada when I was young. I don't even know if I was twenty yet, I don't know how old I was, but I was young and just thinking like this lady is a bad motherfuck. If you have not read Asada, which is the autobiography of Asada Shakur, I implore you to read it immediately. I'm going to put a link for it in the show notes. Click on it, find it, read it. It's so good. But anyway, Auntie Asada says nobody in the world. Nobody in history has ever gotten their freedom by appealing to the moral sense of the people who were oppressing them. M m m honeychild, information, and let me tell you something. This you know clearly, you know she's speaking about certain people, But this applies across the board. This can be applied to your life at work, your life and your relationships, your life and your family, your life, in your in your collective. We talked about collectives and communities. And listen, nobody in the world, nobody in history, has ever gotten their freedom by appealing to the moral sense of the people who were oppressing them. That's a word. Sit in it, Sit in it. Let it get into your bones, because that's a word. Friends, Again, the first thing I want to do is say thank you to God. Let's start out with the supreme. God is supreme in my life. And of course I recognize and appreciate the grace that God extends me every single day of my black ass life. Next to me, Yes, I do. It's one of those days.
Speaker 3: I want to thank me for believing in me. I want to thank me for doing all this hard work. I want to thank me for having no days off. I want to thank me for never quitting.
Speaker 1: I really want to thank me for never quitting. I do. I want to thank me for all this hard work. Today is one of those days. This is one of those episodes where I just want to thank me, but I also want to thank y'all. I want to thank you, you, you, you, and you two. I want to say thank you to each and every one of you that have been rocking with me since March the first of twenty twenty. I appreciate you for being here with me. And I want to say thank you to those of you who may have just started listening today or this year, or in June of twenty twenty three. I thank you for that as well. I'm grateful either way you cut it up, I'm grateful. I'm thankful for my family, my friends, my friends and Ken, all of my supporters, and of course, of course, and of course most importantly, every single one of y'all out there that's listened. I love y'all so much, and it is nothing short of an honor and a privilege to share my time and my energy with you, especially if you keep coming back to spend time with me. I look forward to the next time that we get to do this with one another. Now, before you exit out of what I a streaming service you're using to listen to this, stop what you're doing, and if you haven't already done so, look for the subscribe or follow button. Click on it. Subscribe to my podcast, follow my podcast. Okay. If it's an option on the streaming service where you're listening, do it. Okay, it don't cost no money, it's free. Next, I want you to go over to Instagram and follow me at hand Me my Purse Underscore podcast. Then you can look on my Instagram profile. You'll see my name. You'll see it at with my name underneath my name on Instagram. Click on that. It's going to take you to threads. Follow me on Threads on Facebook. Follow me like it like the hand Name My Purse, and all you got to do is search hand Me my Purse podcast if you listen on. If you listen, you know what it's time. It's time for me to get off of here. If you are listening on a streaming service or a medium that allows you to do so, so, please take two little funky ass minutes out of your day, okay, and rate and review the show or give it a thumbs up if you can. It takes two minutes, very very very short amount of time. He does not take long. That was my effort at doing a French accent. That was not that great. All other stuff. Friends, again, be sure to share me my purse with your friends, your loved ones, and even your enemies, because realistically the best way for people to find out about this show is by y'all telling him about it. So tell a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend. Please submit your questions for the straight fact segment by clicking on the link in the show notes that says like I made it real simple for you. There's a link in the show notes that actually just allows you to just go straight to submitting a question for straight facts. So look for the link, or you can click the link in my Instagram profile and look for the button and the little link tree thing that directs you to submit a question. And who knows, your question may be featured on an upcoming show. Chanelle's was today, It could be you next time. Also remember that show notes are always available in the episode description. Wherever you are listening to the show, be sure to take a look at the show notes because that is where I put all of the links and other information that I mentioned during the show that you may want to check out, in addition to some stuff that I just want to share with you. Also, just so you know, the music for Handing My Purse is provided by none other than West Baltimore's own Gloomy Tunes. And last, but not least, I want to give a big old shout out to my production team, Evan and Taylor. Together we make up Rando Banjo in the Dirty Throats, and I just want to let you know that I look forward to you looking forward to listening to hand Me My Purse the podcasts each and every Tuesday, and I'm out this bitch peace. Hand Me My Purse is a production of iHeart Podcasts. For more shows from iHeart Podcasts, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.