Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 1: Scrub but dub dumb.
Speaker 2: We've had a lot of guests, so we haven't done a catchup or dear Bonnia episode in a minute.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, when Dancing with the Stars is in season, what else would we be doing?
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right. We did have a lot of the cast on. It's really fun. All people that I was like so excited to have, very excited. Is fact back to back boom boom boom.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you know what I think though? I feel like perhaps people think that Scrubbing In is filled with a lot of Dancing with the Stars of voters.
Speaker 2: What is Oh so.
Speaker 1: They saw that we had Jenna and Joey on and they were like, uh uh not so fast. Yeah, I think next week we'll get another duo. Wow, it's just my prediction.
Speaker 2: Who is who is it gonna be?
Speaker 1: Not sure?
Speaker 2: Who would you want it to be? Uh?
Speaker 1: Jan and Sasha?
Speaker 2: Interesting?
Speaker 1: No any takers?
Speaker 2: Well they're not on anymore? No?
Speaker 1: Great? Even better?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah we could.
Speaker 2: Talk to them about their blooming relationship friendship. Yeah, I'd like to have Alona.
Speaker 1: I'd be down to have her, to love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went to What's happened Since? I went to Kawahi for my birthday, which was absolutely magical, Like, that's just that place is a healer Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Tell me it's just a healer, like.
Speaker 2: You being outside and being by the ocean and the trees and the flowers, and it rains and then the sun comes out. It's very like cleansing. There's just something like very I just think it's one of the most magical places in the world.
Speaker 1: Isn't It's so funny because when I think of Hawaii, I associate Hawaii with you wo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I really do, like I associate Hawaii which yeah wow Mawana adjacent.
Speaker 2: Yeah one is my favorite comfort movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know we should do for Halloween one year, what Disney Princesses.
Speaker 2: Oh, it'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it'd be cute.
Speaker 2: I didn't dress up. I was I this October flew October will by so quickly that when it came to my birthday, which is the second to last day of October, I couldn't believe that I was already there, and I was like, what have I done this month? That that what did I do this month? So if they say time flies and you're having fun, yes, but.
Speaker 1: Also it goes faster the older you get. Oh really yeah, Like I feel like everybody says, like when you're a kid, a year feels like ten years, like you're like, oh, okay, like I can't wait till Christmas an whole nother year, and now like when you're an adult, it's like Christmas is tomorrow all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did. I remember thinking like, oh, Christmas is in six months, and then now it's.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow around the corner, literally tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And Easton celebrated his birthday as well. How was your birthday?
Speaker 3: It was great. It was something happened in the nation that was kind of made it a little weird, but I can't remember what it was. Yeah, some was. My birthday was on the sixth, the day after the fifth, but uh, it was a nice time. Allison and I went out to a steakhouse that we really like. We're going to Palm Springs this weekend. I'm really excited. There's a there's this hotel in Palm Springs that has a boat in it, like a what's it called. It's the JW. Marriott, like Desert Springs or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I've seen this.
Speaker 3: I think Robbie stayed there. He like hit Allison and I have He's like stayed there.
Speaker 1: He's gonna say, I feel like, Yeah.
Speaker 3: They filmed an episode Saved by the Bell there, But it's like they have this big like river that goes through, yeah, like a big lake and it goes into the hotel lobby and you can take a boat ride from the lobby around the grounds.
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 3: And we went and took the boat rid a couple of months ago, and then Allison surprised me. She's like, we're staying there for the week. What you're going to go on the boat ride?
Speaker 2: Like four times lady joggle on the boat ride. And when we were there filming the or doing the.
Speaker 3: US, that was a different trip. We talked about we wanted to take Sam with us.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's so fun.
Speaker 3: Very excited about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, returned the Palm Springs. Yeah, yeah, the season c yeah, chills speaking.
Speaker 1: About Actually texted Serena Carpenter the other day.
Speaker 2: Did she were spelling?
Speaker 1: She shir did?
Speaker 3: Wow what she's saying?
Speaker 1: I mean, it was just like cute like I was like, I can't believe we're playing one of your songs every fifteen minutes, Like I know it works so hard for this, and she was like sent like crying emoji's and said, thank you so much. Yeah, I know I.
Speaker 2: Didn't know you how to remember. We really could have reached out person.
Speaker 1: I had it. I forgot I had it, but like if you will not remember back in twenty sixteen or whatever, we interviewed her with a ton on this podcast. She I interviewed her for like a ton of stuff with Radio. I like they flew me to New York to like host her thing. I was like, Serena Carpenter's like Mamager.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There was one point on American Top forty we needed a guest host at the last minute, and Sabrina Carpenter came on Christmas Eve and recorded it with us on her way to like her dad's house to celebrate, And I was like, man, she's she's the best.
Speaker 1: She's a loyal iHeart, yeah, but like she's been grinding, like she's been working so hard for so long, and that's like just crazy now that we play one of her songs literally every fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. Yeah, podcast like three times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was like, I was like, I want to have spreen again. We'll have Spreena again. She was Sabriena again.
Speaker 2: It's like when you when you're past it on the floor, It's like, why not have her again so you can remember it, you know, and take it in. Yeah, it's like what you just got to keep trying. Sonny speaking of speaking of being on the ground from a skinny spicy Margarita, Sonny soelebrated her twenty first.
Speaker 1: She did, my baby is twenty one. Can you believe it? I'm so young to have twenty one year old. Yeah, it's crazy, crazy. Everybody was a huge party. Yeah, and everybody was messaging me like I can't believe you didn't invite Phoebe. I'm like, why would I not invite Phoebe?
Speaker 2: Just like people were like, I can't believe you didn't invite Twny onto Hawaii. Yeah, I'm like, of.
Speaker 1: Course, like what no. But however, usually when you've been out of town in the past, Phoebe says, with our mutual friend.
Speaker 2: Who brings her brings her.
Speaker 4: So but that unfortunately it was hard to go to the sitter who's only watching me once to be like, hey, would you mind packing her up and taking her to Beverly Hills for my friend's dogs twenty first birthday party?
Speaker 3: Just go to a birthday party. Yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: I can add on a fee for that time for the drive.
Speaker 1: Because pebe you thought about it.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I was just I literally did not think about it. But I was laughing thinking about how would I even she would be like this girl's crazy, okay, but I'd be like, not as crazy as the girl party she's going to.
Speaker 1: Okay, first of all, you think it's crazy, but the amount of dms that I get from people with dogs who have passed saying celebrate your dog now, like just do it all now because it's fleeting and it makes me so emotional, and I'm like, you know what, I damn I'm going to I thought for a while that I was like, Okay, I'm gonna do a big one for her first, and then I wasn't really gonna do anything for a second. But then her third or twenty first was like a rager, and then like they'll get smaller as the years go on, and I'm like, they're gonna get bigger and bigger.
Speaker 2: Alie asked if I purposely planned my birthday trip around Sunny's Worth and I don't know. I was like, but I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, participatingly comes. Does she not enjoy it?
Speaker 2: No, she didn't enjoy it, but she goes, have you ever been to one of these? And I was like, no, they're during my birthday?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, but Phoebe has attended.
Speaker 2: Phoebe has been there with a yea yeaheah. So but yeah, I'm like, I sorry, I will not sacrifice my birthday trip with my.
Speaker 1: Love, nor do I ask you. But that tone in which Ali asks you, that makes me feel like.
Speaker 2: She doesn't enjoy So no, no, no, no, no, she had a great time. She's been two years in a row.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the best part is so I invited Carissa Stanton, who is Brought your Body on Instagram, and I'm now, I'm one hundred percent sure that she thought you were going to be there because she knew no one at this party and I barely know her. We've had her on the podcast and I follow her on Instagram and she's so keep But the minute she got her dog, I was like, oh, my gosh, like, Benny should come to Sunny's birthday this year, and this was like six months out from her birthday, but I remembered that brock your body was very excited. Yeah, and so I invited her and she came, but like literally didn't know a single person there, and uh, I think they had a good time. But she she was like, is Becca coming. I was like, no, she's out of town for her birthday and she's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh yeah. I can't imagine going to a child's birthday and not knowing anyone, much less a dog birthday and not knowing people. I'd be like, oh, thank you, I have to run after thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: No, I think they really enjoyed themselves. And she brought her husband, Corey Rager. It was a rager and the dogs all got along really well.
Speaker 2: I honestly felt like Phoebe's coloring would have ruined the aesthetic because they were all like.
Speaker 1: Tans, yeah, yeah, yeah, correct.
Speaker 2: Just she's she stands out over where she goes.
Speaker 1: But that's what Phoebe does.
Speaker 2: She's a standout.
Speaker 1: She's a standout. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: The videos of everyone were trying to take the picture. It's like I think you had the spoon of peanut butter. I watched that like ten times.
Speaker 1: Like literally we are doing that for solid ten minutes, like ever trying to get the shot for a good ten minutes. I'm like, okay, everybody take your spoon with peanut butter, and everyone had their dogs sit and stay, and it's just like total mayhem.
Speaker 2: It's so hard, like it's it's so hard to get two dogs to look at the camera. I was like felt the stretch from all the parents, like behave, don't embarrass me.
Speaker 1: I think next year I want to get a portrait person to come and take pictures of everyone with the dog in their owner, like a nice one you like a Christmas card type thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, I can't wait to see what you do for your children.
Speaker 1: Everybody says when you have kids that the dogs go to the they don't get as much attention.
Speaker 2: So sad. I think it's just like there's.
Speaker 1: So much you don'tly have so much capacity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just can't even imagine, like Phoebe is my everything or that too everything.
Speaker 1: I know. I tell Sonny too, until you have a baby.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not in that position. So if he's gonna be my queen for a long time. Any wedding updates that you can give to the number.
Speaker 1: No wedding updates, not a.
Speaker 2: Single wedding update. No jeez, we're getting close. Yeah, but we do have dear Bondiard questions we do. Oh wait before we move on from Halloween, because you and Robbie dressed up, and Robbie really really dressed up. Okay, I've never seen someone make heels look so uncomfortable in my entire life.
Speaker 1: By the way, those were two inch heels. Those are not even like three or four. They were kittens, and he was romping around it and so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I felt like he also made his walk. He was trying to make his walk a little more masculine, so it felt like he was really making them.
Speaker 1: Look So the dress that I gave him has like, uh, a bodysuit built into it, so he was not prepared when he got into that dress for what he was going to experience all night. And it wasn't a song. It was like a full full but luckily for him, but the whole outfit was just like a lot and he was like constantly pulling up the tube top. It was just like a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did he have some Like he was not graceful with my lipstick, like at all.
Speaker 1: If I showed you the lipstick tube, it's like literally like crooked now because he just like used it like chapstick. He was just like.
Speaker 2: Like a little grace Yeah, yeah, have some finesse. Really.
Speaker 1: But it was so fun because I feel like we wanted to do Ryan and Banna, but we felt if we just did it whatever, the like I'm being Vana, he being so boring, so boring. Yeah, so we had to flip it on it.
Speaker 2: I just appreciate him going for it. I did too. I'm trying to figure out if him is Vanna or him as Ken with that scary wig was worse because the Ken wig lives like written free in my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I'm gonna be honest, I think his favorite was being Travis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that was it was almost like him is like edgy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like next year I want tattoos. I was like, okay, yeah, he deserves it. I'll give it to him.
Speaker 2: You're like your cat bondiets.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I didn't tell you we're gonna be the hocus Pocus whitches.
Speaker 2: So sisters were so good, so good. Also, we watched that movie on Halloween, like in Hawaii, and I remember watching that so young. It's really scary at the beginning. Yeah, they're like sucking the soul from a little girl. Like it's really dark. Watching it as an adult, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, I watched that movie like that is my go to Halloween movie. I watch it on repeat every season. I feel like I've been doing that since I was like a fetus.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, say the night before Christmas for Christmas, I.
Speaker 2: Will not be watching that at any point of the year.
Speaker 1: Okay, we don't have to go there again.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, here's the thing. Most people agree with you. Most people love it. Most people find it trag.
Speaker 1: I listened to on Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't be great.
Speaker 1: I love that movie.
Speaker 2: So we have some deer Bonnier questions. Easton is going to read. But first we're gonna take a break, so we'll be right back. All right, we are back, so Easton, We're just gonna take off right now in the dear Bonnie.
Speaker 3: Wow, was that a car crash or plane taking out?
Speaker 1: Supposed to be a plane taking.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, now that this bird's in the air. Dear Bania, Mark and Easton. First, just want to say that I've been a Day one listener and look forward to the pod every week. The very same day of the podcast came out seven years ago, on September fourteenth, was the day my husband and I made our relationship official.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Wow, We've now been married for two and a half years. We're expecting our first baby in December. Congratulations. This is Oh, this is Madeline. I should say sorry, congratulations Madeline. Our baby will be our third, the third grandchild on my husband's side, so my in laws have been grandparents for six years already. Instead of Grandpa, my father in law goes by the name Daddy Joe. He goes by this because he has the same name as his grandpa and that's what he called his grandfather. He's also Southern, so this is apparently a souther thing. But I hate it. I think it's creepy to call him daddy. He himself is not creepy, don't worry, but I just think that our baby should save the name daddy for his own dad aka my husband. I'm trying hard to avoid my children calling him this. For the record, my husband doesn't like it either, but my father in law is incredibly stubb in a conversation would probably not go well. So my husband feels that we are likely stuck with this. I have toyed around with the idea of just not acknowledging it directly and referring to him as Granddaddy Joe or maybe Grandpy Joe. Do you have any other suggestions on how to handle this? Am I over reacting? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Help? I personally don't love Daddy Joe.
Speaker 1: He literally makes skin crawl.
Speaker 2: I think that you maybe talk when you're with your kids, you you refer to him as what you want to refer to him as, and then they're gonna call him not. And I think that I mean, really reference how often I mean, I guess very often what very often they're saying their name huh?
Speaker 1: Because I think of it as like my step kids and their grandpa, and how much they refer to him as his name, Maybe they.
Speaker 2: Can come up. I think it's like, hey, we really want our kids to have their own nickname for you that's special to them, and like that that means something to them, and you'll come up with something together.
Speaker 1: So she's saying that the conversation wouldn't go well. So I think you backdoor it. And she's sort of only pregnant, right, she says she's pregnant, so the baby's not even here yet. So I think what you can do is on the baby's learning names, you can have them call daddy Joe DJ and come up like have like teach the kid DJ. There's DJ, and then it's like your kid's own version of daddy Joe that they came up with on their own and it's so cute. Oh my gosh, she calls you, I don't know what they call you DJ.
Speaker 2: How cute is that? I think that might be the best advice, thank you, because I would avoid Daddy Joe with.
Speaker 1: All I have in me, everything in me. Daddy Joe makes my skin it no disrespect.
Speaker 2: Is probably great, But Daddy Joe the name I don't want my I don't don't want my child referring calling anyone daddy Joe. No unless no, no, no, no, no, no, unless it's Jill Biden.
Speaker 3: She's the only one that can do.
Speaker 1: It exactly where my head was. Yeah, So that's I think the best path of the best solution here is DJ yeah, and then it's just the kid came up with it, and.
Speaker 2: If he has an issue with it, I think it's just like, hey, we wanted to.
Speaker 1: Take it on. Then Daddy Joe can take it up with the kid.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Daddy Joe.
Speaker 2: You let your kid handle it, not text it. Write us back in three years, let us know how that goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's a flawless plan if you ask me.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. I'm with you. We see you, we hear you, and we wish you the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yikes, all right.
Speaker 3: This one's from anonymous. I have a coworker who I've worked with for worked with virtually for some time. We see them more regularly in the office. Said coworker has on more than one occasion, had an odor general sweaty, musty type of smell. Said coworker is also pregnant. As someone who's recently pregnant myself, I know hormones can get you all out of whack. Plus my sense of smell is definitely heightened. I was personally very paranoid about smelling bad and told my boss to let me know if I ever stink. This coworker has not asked for that type of feedback. I don't know her super well outside the office, but well at the office. Question do I say anything? Wait until after she has the baby to see if this is still an issue. Keep my mouth shut unless asked, and try to keep my nose shut too. Thanks to the advice and the light you guys bring, this podcast always has me laughing out loud. Thank you, ps Rebecca. I was talking about shoes with another coworker and they said, I need a slimmer, silhouetted sneaker. I'll of the Adida samba. I'm wearing sambas right now. All I could think about was Ali sash Randy saying he liked a slim afoot.
Speaker 2: I don't think you say anything. I think that she's probably the last thing she wants to hear about is that she smells bad from someone else Like that would just be the icing on the cake tip of the iceberg. If I was in an uncomfortable pregnancy, not feeling.
Speaker 1: Great, if I was walking around stanky, I would want someone to tell me.
Speaker 2: I know, but you would. You're you're verbally saying that, so I would feel comfortable saying something to you because you're saying I would want someone to tell me, but she hasn't heard this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going around my office telling everybody, Hey, if I smell, please let me know.
Speaker 2: I know that I'm saying. Maybe she said it to someone else that she like let me know, but she hasn't said it to anonymous, So I don't know if it's not like I mean, maybe there's.
Speaker 1: A way an anonymous no, like she doesn't you need to need to tell her to her face, Like that's such an awkward conversation. Hey, you kind of smell like I don't know what the smell is or sweaty mussy, so me like, it's such an awkward thing to say to somebody, like do you worry dooder? Are you trying a new dude?
Speaker 2: Or like what if what if she was she's been pregnant before, so what if she was like, how have your pregnancy symptoms been been? Like have you had anything? And then if she's like, oh, like what were yours? And she could just be like, oh, mine, Like I felt like my nose was out of whack and I was just like my hormones changed. I felt like I there was like a smell And if she's like oh, like I contrived?
Speaker 1: That is so contrived? Are you joking me? I could see right through that. No, leave an anonymous note.
Speaker 2: You stink?
Speaker 1: Not you stink? But like, what is the note I would want?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: I would want to know there's been a pungent smell, like and I don't know.
Speaker 2: What it is.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to embarrass you by saying anything, but I want to help you.
Speaker 2: What if you said, I'm looking for a new deodorant, do you have one that you love?
Speaker 3: And then she's, oh my god, that's what I've been forgetting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that's gonna go over as well as you.
Speaker 2: I have a perfume, Like, I've been looking for a perfume. What do you? What's your go to a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people don't wear perfume because of the endocrime disruptors.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's not wearing theodorant for the same reason, and or she's wearing a natural Those.
Speaker 1: Are does work, okay if you get the right ones saltan stone.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, you still have to have the right like pheromones.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, they do stop working after a while. Do I smell?
Speaker 2: I'm anonymous?
Speaker 1: I'm like.
Speaker 3: Something, I have a podcast there for a lunch time.
Speaker 1: Are you telling me something? No, I think I can tell when my natural deodorant like stops working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: I think I'm self aware enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I have a hard time because I've never been pregnant. So I imagine when you're pregnant, if if your like hormones are all disruptive and your nose isn't like we're I don't know, like or you're just maybe she's just like I don't care, like I know I smell. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I mean, I've had a stinky coworker in the past.
Speaker 2: How'd you handle it?
Speaker 1: Didn't tell him?
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 1: No, no note left, no note left. Nope, this was a different type of smell.
Speaker 2: I think after she's not pregnant any you know I feel about that. Yeah, I think after she's not pregnant anymore, maybe if you're still smelling it, maybe you can leave a note or have a conversation.
Speaker 1: Does pregnancy really make you smell?
Speaker 2: It's yeah, changes all your like horrible everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so crazy.
Speaker 2: So I think maybe I just am like worried that. I mean, she just I feel like she's probably got a lot going on and is emotional, and she's at work, and I just don't know if it's the time to like bring up that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think I retract my anonymous letter.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, until after she's had the child.
Speaker 3: Correct, So yeah, look back with us after this child's born. Let's see what we can do. Here's another one from anonymous. I beck Antanya. I've been listening to you for years and you always brighten my day when I listen. I started dating my boyfriend in January. We've been together this whole year, but we took a break back in August after I broke up with him. He showed up drunk at my place one night. But this was on top of other things that were building up and basically giving me the ick, like re wearing dirty clothes because he's too lazy to do his laundry in the basement of his apartment building. He also has a five year old daughter that he has most nights and weekends, so he's super busy being a dad, but the laundry thing was grossing me out. He also wouldn't let me come to his place all summer because it was too messy and he was too lazy. To clean up for me. After I broke up with him, he saw me on hinge and reached out, so we got back together. Things have been really great for the most part. I met his family and also met his daughter. He even told me he loves me for the first time. So a lot has happened since getting back together. He's gone out of his way to invite me to his place and keeps it super clean and does his laundry, so he's putting it in the effort. The thing is, although I do love him and I'm happy, I don't think he's my person. He's a great guy. I fully trust him, which is hard for me, but he doesn't have any ambition. We also seem to. I have different morals. I like to follow the rules where he likes to bend them. I don't know if these are pet peeves that can be changed, or if it's just going to be who he is forever and I'm sabotaging the potential. Thanks for your help, Love you all.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's your person.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh yeah, wow, straight to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't. I don't think. I think that you can find people that make you happy enough to where you're not alone. But I don't find that you're excited about this guy at all.
Speaker 1: See, I feel like it's really hard to find people that you get along with and that you click with. And I feel like you're unsure right now, which is fine, But I feel like when you're sure, you're sure, like you broke up with him already once, like you are sure, So I feel like, wait till you're sure before you break up with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel like you don't. You just said I don't think he's my person, and it's like we're not getting any younger, so.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if he doesn't speak for yourself. Also, do you want over here?
Speaker 3: I'm scanning this again, and I don't see anything she likes about him.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. She's like, Oh, he's cleaning for me, which it's nice that he's putting in the effort, but beyond that, it doesn't feel like you are excited about him or any qualities that he has. So I think you just go, hey, we tried it again. He's a great guy, but we're he's not my He's not the great guy for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The only improvement from after you broke over with him is that he started doing his laundry.
Speaker 2: He lift the bar off the floor.
Speaker 1: The fact that he has a child and he doesn't want to do his laundry is scary.
Speaker 3: It's concerning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were so s?
Speaker 3: Yeah, break up with him immediately, That's what I.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break because we have two more and then we'll be right back. Then wait, coming up, best friend ickes this, you too know. I save myself for one email for Dearmona. All right, we're back, so we have I think two more emails to get to. But this one is best friend ick.
Speaker 3: That's right, we just heard a boyfriend ick. Now we got a best friend iic. This is from Jocelyn. My best friend and I have known each other for ten years. We're in our late twenties. She recently started dating a new guy and got a new job all around the same time, which is great. Life changes are fun and exciting and I want to be there to support her. But she has to mention the new job all the time. It is constantly the only thing she talks about. This is on top of some other inconsiderate mannerism she has in group settings, and it's given me the ick. I try to set my own boundaries, like not hanging out one on one and only group events, so I haven't needed to see her as much to give us a little space. But even when she texts me, I get this irol feeling because of course the job is always part of it. We have some personality differences now versus when we met in college, where I don't think she's the kind of person I would be as close with if we met as adults. We've been friends for so long, I feel obligated to stay invested. But what can I do is this is our friendship doomed? Do I talk to her about these issues? Am I just an unsupportive ahole? Thanks? Ladies, Love you. EXO Joscelyn Psocell is my drunk bar name, so you can read that instead of being anonymous.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's cool her alter ego. Yeah, I'm torn on this one.
Speaker 1: Oh tell us how you feel? Well.
Speaker 2: I just think that sometimes we meet people at a certain stage in our life, and then as you get older, there's sometimes where you just grow apart. Like I feel like sometimes it's just like you don't align on the things that you used to align with. And I don't think it's that anyone did anything wrong. Like, I don't think that your friend talking about her new job is the underlying issue here. I think it's a symptom of and already like set in mindset that she has where it's just like, we're not the same people we were when we met, and we haven't grown together, we've grown apart, and so now everything she does feels annoying because you've already set in your mind that you've grown apart. That's how I think, And I think it's worth I mean, I don't think it's like worth just throwing it away without having a conversation, But I do think it's important to address things that you're struggling with, because then I think it's out on the table. And if y'all do grow to a point where you're not best friends anymore, it's like we tried and I communicated with her, and this wasn't just like I threw in the towel on something that was really important to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I took it at surface level of just like somebody like not being socially aware of just like saying the same you know, talking about the same thing over and over again, because I feel like I have to catch myself because I'm like, I can't just like text my friends every little freakin detail because it's so many details. So like I catch myself doing that because I'm trying to be more socially aware. So like, maybe your friend just isn't socially aware and like this is just what's consuming her right now because it is like a new job and it's top of mind and there's so much going on. It's like your job essentially is your life. You know, you spend more hours at your job than you do at your home. So it's like maybe she just isn't aware that she's like being annoying. If you don't address it, you don't tell her it's annoying.
Speaker 2: Right, doesn't say I think it's worth having a conversation. But I also think because it is such a surface level thing, it makes me think there's a deeper rooted issue in the friendship that it's like that is causing so much something so simple is causing so much distress and it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would it be something else, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like it would. Just I think you're at a point where you just need to have a conversation of like whether it's the changes y'all have felt in the growth apart. It's addressing that. And also like, hey, when we hang out, I know your job is so important and I love an update, but like I feel like that's the only thing we talk about, and I want to talk about other things with you. I wanted to just I mean sometimes in a relationship, like sometimes Haley will come home when something she's working with and it's like, can we just have a break and not and just talk about other things other than work things?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like would you eat for lunch? Whatever?
Speaker 2: We don't get that exciting every night of like what did you eat for lunch? You know? But I'm just saying, like I do think it's important to have to let someone know because sometimes people don't know that that they're just hemming and hauling on and on about the same thing. Yeah, and they probably she might not even remember if she's talked to you about certain things and you're like, I've heard this story for five hundred times.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I talk about work a lot because that's often all that I do in the day. And at one point Alison was like, Hey, you get paid for that. I don't, so I'm can we calm it down, you know, And I was like wow, And I think about that old every time I started like talking about work, I'm like, oh god, you know, like she just leave them at the office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, which is hard, so hard. It's easier said than none to just be able to turn it off, but it is. I do think it's worth a conversation. And I also think that if it's if it's a deeper issue and it's like, hey, we're just not the same people, and I want to be more specific on where I'm spending my time and energy and friendships and relationships, and it's not here anymore. That's okay. Yeah, it's good luck, Jocelyn, Jocelyn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we wish you the best of Joscelyn. All right. Last one this is from Lauren, Hi, Banya and me Ston. That's fun and just binge. Nobody wants this And all he did the whole time was picture Tany as Joanne and Robbie is Noah. I want to know all the different parallels Tonya saw when she watched the show. Did she experience similar struggles with Robbie's family as far as the religion and being more conservative? Is Robbie a lot like Noah's character, even parilis Becca saw from out outside perspective, love you guys.
Speaker 1: Well right off the I mean the storyline in and of itself is like this blonde podcast or that talks about sex dating this like Jewish guys, So like right off, Rabbi, sorry, Rabbi, my apologies, even though Robbie's not a rabbi. The general synopsis of the show is like literally our relationship, so that to me, like right off the bat was very weird. The first kiss when I got my vagina tingles, that felt very like similar to the kiss that we had less with the family because his mom and his sister in law were like so excited about me because of like everything that he's gone through in the past, so like I didn't have to deal with any family members not liking me, which was really nice, Like they were really like lovely to me. But the scene where she's trying to like impress all the other like friends at the basketball game, like that is so literally me like trying to like make friends with other school moms, like hey, I'm cool, like I'm new here, uh looking up the other woman On Instagram and social media I did a lot of that. What else from the show?
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like even with your his Robbie's family was so much more accepting of you. But I do feel like you feeling like the blonde Christian there was like the ships coming in. I think there was some like not pressure, but there was some nerves in terms.
Speaker 1: Of yeah, just because it's so it was so foreign to me, like I've never I've i've never had like a satyr, or I didn't know what a satyr was, Like I remember I made it was COVID and so I am not sure exactly, but it was a satyr that I wanted to make for Robbie, and so I like, I look, I saw pictures of it. I look at it now, it's so wish mode. I look at it now, I'm like, this is so not what it should have looked like. You know, I tried. I tried, and I also had no idea. I had no idea what I was doing. Yeah, but I do feel like it was both ways too. He never even decorated a Christmas tree until he met me, right, and so I invited him over one night to like decorate the tree, and he like went to Creighton Beryl and he was like asked for help to buy ornaments because he like didn't know, like like which ones do you buy? Like I don't know which one she had? Yeah, do you buy? He bought them in pairs. He thought you had to buy them in pairs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I watched it feeling like the general storylines and some there were some specific things where I was like, this felt very like your story.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And even for Aaron Foster, who it's based on, She's like, there's a there's a lot of extremes in it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, but even the best somebody in this show is named Rebecca.
Speaker 2: I literally before I realized it was Aaron Foster who wrote it, and they have their podcast together, I was like, someone listens to someone was inspired by Tanya's story too.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize it was Aaron's either, and I was like, this is a listener yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the cousin his brother's named Sasha, Yeah, and we have a song. He has a Sausha in his family. Like I was like, this is so weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I felt that way too. And one of my favorite storylines in that show was when she got the ick. When like he had his like sports code on and the shorts and he had the flowers for the mom and she was just like, oh Like, I was like that, that is such a I loved that it was a reversed ach though, because I feel like in my situation, anytime I would get the thick from guys, I'd just be like done done.
Speaker 1: Oh right, she overcame the it overcame the ck. Yeah. Yeah, I never got the ck with Robbie. I don't think. I'm sure the very some of you did recently where you were like, oh my gosh, the bit moji. Oh no, I showed him this, so I can't remember. You were at my house for after we went wedding dress shopping and Becca was showing me some text message from Robbie and I see the photo that is saved in her phone for him, and it's like this goofy looking bit moji and I literally never cringed or had the ick harder. I was like, please tell me he did not pick this, like please, but he doesn't know. He was like, she must have added that for me.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't. That's what phone you know what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the test when it.
Speaker 2: Says like someone has a new contact information. That's what I did.
Speaker 3: Mine's there's no picture.
Speaker 2: I tell you, guys, what did I create a bit moji? Because I did.
Speaker 1: I took a picture of it, and I was like, I need to address this, and I addressed it head on.
Speaker 2: She was like what is that? And I was like what. She was like, did you choose that for him? And I was like, no, that's what came on. This is okay.
Speaker 3: So to be clear, this is a me moji. This is the Apple moji, is a Snapchat.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's a memoji.
Speaker 3: This is slightly more acceptable. I think.
Speaker 1: No, I think this is no me emojis.
Speaker 2: Five o'clock.
Speaker 3: He's given us like self assured smirk too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love. I mean that's like when I see his text, that's what pops up. That makes me so on. Well, we're texting all the time, yeah, every day.
Speaker 1: When I see his every I get it texting.
Speaker 3: Actually, I should point out I looked at my own and it's it's a memoji doing the exact same face. I did not set this. I didn't set this.
Speaker 2: Wait, I think I didn't. That's on mine as well, because on my computer.
Speaker 1: See, oh yeah, I have it for you.
Speaker 3: I'm so embarrassed.
Speaker 1: I have it for you too.
Speaker 3: For the longest time, my picture is me flexing in front of a nuclear bomb going off. It should be that instead of me emoji. Well, I'm going to change it right now.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because I did have that conversation with him. I was like, we need to talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I didn't really see what the big deal was. I don't think that would give me the ick if she had a.
Speaker 1: Cute It's not a cute little emoji, is it?
Speaker 2: Did it make it? Why? What about it gave you the ick?
Speaker 1: Because I'm like, we're not in high school.
Speaker 2: Oh see, I think that that is an older person thing that they do. Oh I thought you were more like this is giving boomer.
Speaker 1: No, it was like giving like why aren't you just using a photo of yourself or just or just no photo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like a color yeah. You Your reaction really surprised me.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, but I addressed it with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you handled it?
Speaker 1: Was where did what's happening.
Speaker 2: For most of you?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 1: Becca must have added that. For me, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: I am actually offended now that he thinks I took the time to find an memoji that looks like him and mo think of mimosa but memoji. Yeah. Anyways, well, I'm glad you ever, I'm glad you've already started wedding planning before you got that ic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I got over it fast. It was like same day, same day confrontation. Well that's all for now, folks, that's all for now.
Speaker 2: We are back next week chatting with Jenna Eshkowitz, which I'm so excited. I was like a glee what did they call them, gleek?
Speaker 1: I was a geek. Yeah, So I'm so excited to talk to her.
Speaker 2: So if you have any specifically mom related questions or any other general questions for her, send them to us d miss on Instagram at scrubbing in pot or email us at scrubbing in at iHeartMedia dot com. And uh, we love you so much.
Speaker 1: We love you so much. We are off to the airport because we are going to NAPA this weekend. Yes we are, so we're gonna be.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a crash, I think as well. I don't like about the plane respect of that.
Speaker 3: That one sounded like a bomb.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my god. Yeah, I'll work on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll work on that all right. We'll love you bye.