Speaker 1: What's that at the bed. It's spooky. Hey, Joky, I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I said, Nandas. Please hey boo, it's me ros and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the Para normal. It is fully October right now. It's actually my birthday week. Thank you everyone for all of the well wishes. It's almost the end of October. Soon, we still have a little bit left, So please do me the favor of just telling everyone you know about the show, letting them know how queer and silly we get over here. But also we can get deep. We don't always get deep, and I'm very grateful because today's episode we kind of go there a little bit. There's some laughs, but you know, we get real, we get real, and I think it's really really great that we have these conversations. So we'll get to that in just a moment. First, let me read you a ghost story. This one comes from Amy Amy Rights. I was living in an old house outside of Saint Louis. It was built around nineteen thirty. I never felt anything weird there until my daughter was a baby. She would follow things with her eyes and laugh and smile. Isn't that crazy? Like, Oh, there's nothing better than a child's laughter, something more special. A child's laughter is adorable and the greatest thing ever, unless it's directed at an invisible presence, or even worse, if there is no baby present, that's probably the worst. But anyway, this is the baby laughing at something that's not there. When she was about eight months old, we took her to the Lamp Mansion one day. Okay, sorry I keep interrupting this story. If you don't know about the Lemp Mansion, might I suggest you watch episode eight of the television show Living for the Dead on Hulu, which I am on, and it is a haunted old house in Saint Louis. Just watch the episode. Okay. So we just went in and looked around for a minute. That night, I fell asleep with her in bed with me. I woke up with all the lights on and a radio on full value. I liked to think it was Edwin Lemp, the fun one who followed his home. Because she was a very cute and happy baby. I would follow her home if I was a ghost. Then, as she got older, preschool age, she started talking about someone named Wilkes. She'd say, Wilkes is green and has weird hair and takes me places in the night. I looked up the census records of the house. There was no Wilkes. She said she woke up in the night and a man was in her doorway staring at her. He looked a little like Daddy and a little like Uncle Mark, but it wasn't them. I'd let her sleep in bed with me if she wanted to. For this reason, and because of the Wilkes stuff, my shit Zo, who was the sweetest, most docile dog, would growl and stare at nothing. Strange pictures. I don't even know how to describe them. They look like lines to me. They started appearing on the basement floor, like they were drawn in the dust, and then drawn in what looked like marker on our carpet. Greta, my daughter, said, oh, Wilkes wrote that it means, and then spoke some nonsense and gibberish. I would wake up in the night and see weird things, like a ghostly arm pulling the door shut. I prayed and saged the whole house, and it would stop for a while. And then start back up. I don't like the ghostly arm. That really freaks me out. Well, thank you Amy so much for sending me that. Today on the podcast, I get to talk to Detoks, the sensational drag queen that you know from RuPaul's Drag Race. She was also on Drag Race All Stars Detox coming at you with the slow verts. I'm just I'm absolutely obsessed with her. She's one of these people that you would think I would know, but somehow, like we just never really cross paths. And so I got to talk to her, and it's good. She's got stories and stuff. Before we get to that, are you watching The Haunted All my new YouTube series. I have now released three episodes. I'm doing every other week. Also, if you're in Los Angeles right now, when this episode comes out, I'll be doing Ghosted Live at Largo the thirtieth of October. I will also be doing Ghosted Live in San Francisco if you can get a ticket. Ooh, that is the twenty seventh of October. I'm about to go to Raleigh to do stand up. I've got all kinds of things. Oh. Also, I'm gonna be doing New York Ghosted finally, so find all of that in my linktree linktree dot com slash raz Hernandez. That is also in my Instagram bio at roz Hernandez. Okay, here we go. I'm talking to d Talks and with a show. Oh my god, I'm joined by truly one of my favorite drag queens of all time. I mean maybe my favorite. I don't know. I'm starstruck. A big inspiration to me in my later teen early twenty years dtogs Hi Hi, I remember when you had a last name Dtoxi khun't.
Speaker 2: I never used that last name. Jackie Bet gave me that last name when I first moved to LA, and it was something that was like, you know, back in the day, on like live journal and in my Space, you could create I don't know how old you are, but back in my day, we could create her own little handle and it was the Toxic Cunt based off of a Jackie Beat song from her Dirty Sanchez band called Replicant that I used to perform all the time, and I just liked the sound of it, and so she thought it was my last name and introduced me that way when I first moved to LA and I was like no, no, no, no, no, it's just it's just he talks, but it stuck and everyone thinks, okay, and I am a cunt, so I guess that. I guess it is fitting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jack on your podcast, Yeah absolutely, Jackie, Well you're talking about Jackies speaking of and she is not good at names. She has been on this pod a couple of times. And that's my community service. The LGBT Center set me up with a LGBT elder and that's how I met Jackie, and I take her places. We got to lunch, and we sometimes talk about ghosts. Court appointed, court appointed. Yes, so you used to be here. I feel like you've lived a lot of places.
Speaker 2: I've lived all over the place. My dad was in the State Department and worked for Lockheed Martin, and so we moved quite extensively when we were younger. And I think in that in that regard, like the rest, like my other siblings all kind of have this nomadic spirit and like sensibility of just like, well, we'll just go wherever the wind takes us. And and ironically the wind has taken us all to Chicago. So now we're all in different suburbs of Chicago, which is kind of great cute and it's very cate. It's the first time since we've been kids that we're all in, you know, the same kind of vicinity. So we get to spend a lot of time together. And so the listeners at home who didn't just hear this, I was just on the phone with my mother and my sister getting stories about my youth for this podcast.
Speaker 1: Did you grow up in a haunted house?
Speaker 2: I don't remember it because my brother and I have a twin brother, and we were very young. I think we were maybe three or four years old when my family lived in the house. But allegedly we lived in this haunted house in Florida, in Orlanda, where we're from, and I grew up just hearing all these crazy stories of things that would happen there. So to like refresh my memory. Right before we got on the zoom, I was like, Mom, sister, what happened? How do I?
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll give it to us.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently I don't really know all the details, but my mom always said she moved into this place between jobs, so like my dad was about to be like restationed somewhere, and she was going to get her real estate license. So this is way before because when I was younger, all I knew of her was she was a real letor So this had to open when I was probably three or four, and my sister's seven years older than us, so she had to have been ten or eleven. But she it's funny. She was just telling me the story that she always felt like somebody was watching her anytime she was in her bedroom and she would always get weirded out. But another weird thing that my mom said was like as soon as they got to the place, like weird stuff was happening, my brother and I would always act bizarrely at night, like I've always been a night out. I've always been like a creature of the night, and I have always been one to, you know, get out of my bed and do weird shit. When I was younger, I remember a lot of those things. But at one point she caught us ice skating in the bathroom like with toilet water, like we were sticking our feet with socks in the toilet and then skating around, and she thought that that was weird to me. I don't find that very strange for me because I was a very flamboyant kid, and I loved my skating, so I was like, that just sounds like something I would do naturally. But she also told me that I would she would catch me walking into traffic, like we lived close to a busy street, I guess, and she would just see me like kind of zoned out. And my sister just confirmed this too, and I would constantly walk out into traffic and then come to find out from our neighbor at the time. My mom said that she her husband also worked for Lockeed Martin. She was a Native American woman, and my mom would find feathers like lining the property of our house, and she would always find them and think it was so weird because they were like meticulously laid out, and then so she would always move them and like throw them away, and then you know, days later she would find them again. And my mom was hanging Christmas decorations one year. I think we were only there. We were there for less than a year. My sister says, like eight or nine months or so, and she was on a ladder hanging Christmas lights up, and the neighbors came out and they were like, get down from there, right now, get down from there, right now, and then my mom was like, why, I'm just I'll be fine, I'm good, and they were like, please come down here. And then the neighboring couple was like, I think it's time that we tell her, and they were like, every person and every family who lived in this house and since original owners have had something tragic happen. So there was a car accident that killed the whole family. Once before, there was a gentleman who hung himself in the attic. The fireplace was struck by lightning through the chimney, and then there was like a fire that started in the house some way, and my mom said that she would always smell smoke and above where the washer and dryer was is where the attic was, and she felt like she always heard some kind of like a tomb opening and closing in the attic. It was really weird. I mean, I have the chills thinking about it. I didn't experience I don't remember it. I was so young. But for my entire life I've always heard about the hunt, like they would always bring it up, like, oh my god, I remember the haunted house. I remember the haunted house. So it's really interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, look on me.
Speaker 2: I mean needles to say. Once my mom found that out, she went house hunting the next day and found a new place for them to move, because I think they were just renting that place between houses, and my sister said, literally, she came home and had my sister watched my brother and I and she went and found a house and they were gone like the next day, basically, I do. It's funny though, because I do remember this move. I remember a very abrupt move that we did, and I never understood why, because we were like moving out in the middle of the night. I remember like packing all of our stuff randomly, just throwing shit in boxes, and we're gone, and I was like, are we in the mob? Like what's.
Speaker 1: It's such a movie? Like, yeah, it's so spooky this one house where all these horrible things happened. Wild did the Christmas treet lights get finished being hung when you sold them? Or probably not?
Speaker 2: I'm assumingly not if they like left shortly after she found all that out, and apparently the neighbor, the wife of the neighbor, was laying the feathers as a protection. That's what she told my mom. She was trying to protect the family and so she would like do some kind of protection ritual to help keep us safe. So thank you to you. If you're still out there anywhere listening to this. Yeah, either on the pod or in the realms of whatever.
Speaker 1: Detax, This is real good.
Speaker 2: Did you think did you think that this is what you were going to get? That story?
Speaker 1: You never know, I don't know. It makes me like so curious about like when you were growing up, you already had like a family that had experienced this stuff. So because of that, do you feel like you've always you know, kind of believed or at least you know, had that conversation.
Speaker 2: Oh, totally, Like I've always I've always felt energies and presences, and I've always believed in like the supernatural and the spirit, realm and ghosts. Also, I'm you know, I'm a lofty dreamer and I and I'm intrigued by all those things. So of course i want all those things to exist and to be and to be real. And I've experienced and things myself too that are a little more paranormal. But I think that was you know, having kind of grown up in a home like that for even just a few months that we were there. And even though I don't remember them having that conversation happen often, and even my dad, who was not a believer of anything outside of the physical world, really he told us stories about how it was a weird house and how it would creep him out. And he wasn't the kind of man to be creeped out often, so that was always intriguing to me too. It's like, huh, there had to be some kind of alidity to it. If it freaked my weird ass d ad.
Speaker 1: Out, I feel like there's probably someone could argue there's some kind of problematic whatever something about this. But I always feel like if you get like a straight man dad creeped like, then is real.
Speaker 2: Then it's real, right, Like, that's gotta be some tangible shit right there. If my big mancho you know, closed minded racist billy dad was like that should scurry, there had to be something going on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because I just I just feel like it's you know, men like don't want to admit the weakness or whatever of being scared, right, So if a ghost gets you or.
Speaker 2: Anything, men don't want to admit anything period. But like, let alone like anything that shows showcases their fragility.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, speaking of gender. Do you do you think that you know trans people, non binary, whatever, you know the people that live in between. Do you think that there's like a more spiritual connection something going on there.
Speaker 2: I think there. It's strange because that's a that's a really interesting question, especially now that I'm openly kind of discussing this is actually the first time I've really been discussing it on a podcast or anything. But you know, I recently came out as trans accidentally, even though I've been on this journey for a long part of my life.
Speaker 1: Congratulation, Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's been very liberating and very exciting, and I'm very very happy. I'm like the happiest I've ever been in my life, which is great. I'm not gonna get a batch all about it because it's a good thing now, it's a very happy thing. It's a beautiful thing. But I do feel that way because I always felt like this feminine energy and feminine presence surrounding me in me since I was young, Like some of my earliest memories are just like feeling like a I wasn't at the time like I had lived before, and also that I was in the wrong body and that I at some point was some kind of like really fierce like debutante or like, you know, some really cool bitch from the twenties or I don't know. I don't know who I was or where I was or when I was, but I felt this this feminine energy that I had been. I had seen this world before, I have been here before, I've had you know, experiences before, and this was just another like stop on whatever journey this is that I'm on.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because it kind of is like that idea of past lives, and because I feel like if you believe in past lives, then you believe like we're spiritual beings having a human experience and these are just shells and we kind of go from shell to shell, and so you know, it does kind of go along with I am in the wrong shell or whatever, you know, like being trans and being born in the wrong body or not, you know, which.
Speaker 2: It's also funny because when my mother was pregnant with my brother and I have a twin brother, and I think I mentioned that already, but she was told that. First of all, she was told she was never gonna have kids again and that she should just stop trying because she had like several miscarriages and tubal pregnancies and just all kinds of messed up shit, and then ended up getting pregnant with twins and there's not really a lineage of twins that run in our family, so that she considered us her miracle baby as forever still does, which is cute. But when she was pregnant, they told her she was having a boy and a girl. Of course, I pop, I pop out. And then the other funny thing is, which is really annoying now that I'm going through my own gender identity journey and transitioning and having to do all the paperwork that comes along with that too. When I went to get my first passport after getting on drag Race and starting to travel abroad, I found out that my birth certificate had me gendered as female, and so I had to go through all of this like paperwork to get it marked as male. To now having to go through stop It's really it's ironic and hilarious to me, but it's also frustrating because I'm like, did you guys know all along?
Speaker 1: Did nobody tell me?
Speaker 2: Why was no one supportive of me when I was going to different crisis?
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, wow, okay.
Speaker 2: Which also to me is just the universe being like, you're on the right path, bitch, it's taken you long enough to admit it. Get ready.
Speaker 1: Yes, when you talk about okay being a twin, I know for a fact that some twins report like I don't know, Oh, I hurt my ankle, and then the twins like why is my ankle hurt or whatever, like I don't know, just just weird connection stuff. Every time I interview twin on this pod, they say, not me, where are you at with that?
Speaker 2: I have definitely had experiences where I've been connected to my brother. He and I were very close. We're a very close family. We've kind of had to be in our lives just because of how much we've traveled and had to move. My sister and I are like, we're more like twins than he and I are. But he and I are very connected. And I'll say that because it's funny that you mentioned like a hurt ankle or something, because all of us, I mean, I'm an old I'm an old translating now at this point, and I've been putting my body through the ringer for years, and so I'll get like random pains and be like, Oh, that's weird, Like, oh, what did I do there? And it's dawning on me now that you bring that up that a lot of my pain happens where my brother was injured in the the war in Afghanistan. He was serving as a military policeman and was almost killed, and I knew I had a feeling that something was wrong when it happened to him. We didn't know yet, but I remember calling my parents in a tizzy and being like, something's wrong with Michael. Who's heard from Michael? Has anyone heard from him? And They're like, yeah, he's fine, we just heard from him. And then days later we got the notification that the company he was with hit a roadside bomb and he was injured and was alive but was badly injured. And I was like, that had to have meant something. But a lot of the pain that I've been getting recently is where his injury is, and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.
Speaker 1: It could be.
Speaker 2: Now I'm just like, I don't know what I'm doing. That's what I'm saying is happening is thanks a.
Speaker 1: Lot, Michael, Yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: YEA? For all of the shoulder pains that I'm receiving lately.
Speaker 1: Do you uh, do you think you could be telepathic? Like can you communicate without speaking?
Speaker 2: Maybe? My sister, like my parents and my sister used to tell us this all the time, is that we would just look at each other when we were young, before we were verbal, We would like give each other this look, and they knew that we were about to cost no stiff, and we would both like tear off and do the same thing and like, you know, get out of our car seats and run around the minivan and giggle and do all kinds of annoying shit like toddlers do. They always said there was like, oh, they got that look again, And we still kind of can do that. But my sister and I are very like, well, look at each other and know exactly what it is and say the same thing at the same time and around like pretty much the same cycle of everything.
Speaker 1: That we do. Tell me another ghost story or do you have like any other life?
Speaker 2: You tell me a ghost story?
Speaker 1: Now, that's all I do. I want to hear it from you.
Speaker 2: Well, the house that I live in now, I don't think that it's haunted per se, although sometimes I do get like weird feelings. I think that there might be like other presences that have been following me around for you years. But my sister has a good friend who's a psychic medium, and when I first bought my house, she came to visit my sister and we had her cleanse her house and my house. We both have older homes that were built in like the sixties and hadn't really been touched since them. But as we were going to my house, before she even stepped in, she was like, where's the room downstairs? I can't go to the room downstairs? And I was like, I don't know what you're talking about. What room. I don't have a room downstairs. I have a split level home. And then in my basement there's a pool which flex indoor. Okay, when you're in Chicago with Bob and if I'm home, please stop by for a dip. But there's this mechanical room in there basically that's always given me the hubgb's And before she hadn't seen the house, hadn't like I hadn't told her about this house at all or any of my vibes that I get from it. But before we even stepped in. She was like, I'm not going into that room that's in the basement. And I was like, what are you talking about. She's like, you know the room and I was like, I know the room. She's like, I'm not going into it. And it was weird, and it was all of a sudden, She's like, I have to go in there right now and double sage it. And she walked into the house, went right to where it was without even knowing like the layout of anything, and started saging it. And I was like, I just got the fills from that too.
Speaker 1: She needed to double say, she said, I got the backup for this room.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened here, but I don't like it. And I don't know if anything happened here. You know, there's no record of anything tragic or anything like that happening here. But I also feel there's this one room where I feel like an ex boyfriend of mine who was passed on, who I feel like he's always kind of around. I feel like he hangs out there a lot. And that's what she said as well. So it's kind of like dark and mysterious and a little spooky. And he was dark and mysterious and a little spooky, and I feel like he hangs out there just to not for anything, and this, and she said this too. She's like, he doesn't hang out there to like do anything harmful. He's there to just watch over you. But it's it's still kind of like a you know, he died, it's probably still a negative energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me about psychics in your relationship with them.
Speaker 2: I love psychics.
Speaker 1: Have you been to quite a few.
Speaker 2: I've gone to quite a few. Some of them have been spot on. Some of them have been like truly like scarily accurate, which always blows my mind. And then it's like then I have to remind myself, well, I'm kind of googleable. Some of this shit is very you know, probably public knowledge because I am very open and talk about my life very candidly, which I probably shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Do, as mush.
Speaker 2: But and then some of them, you know, just are like I can see them grasping at straws and trying to get to me. But you also have to be in the right headspace to talk to a psyche. You have to be very open to it. And if you get caught by people who you're not really open to or this is how I am. If I if I'm just not vibing well with whoever I'm speaking with, then I just kind of close off, or I'm like, don't give them much to work.
Speaker 1: With, right.
Speaker 2: But Jackie my sister's girlfriend who I was mentioning earlier, who's the medium she at my dad's service when we were having like the memorial from my father after he passed. She kept looking at me from across the table. She was like, I need to talk to you. I need to talk to you right now. We have to go outside, And so we went outside and she told me all this crazy shit about the boyfriend in question that my sister didn't even know, that I hadn't talked to anybody about. She had so many specific details. It was like word vomit. One thing after another after another after another, and she hit the nail on the head with every single thing. That was pretty pretty amazing and very impressive.
Speaker 1: Have you been to them, like for predictions?
Speaker 2: Not really for predictions. I mean I do like a lot of taro. There's a really have you ever been to Casadega in Florida.
Speaker 1: I've heard of it. It's like a spiritualist community and there's lots of psychics, and yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I went to my first psychic there and she again was incredible. Actually, my entire family has since gone to her. And I was with a friend of mine at the time, and he went first because I paid for us both to go, and I was like, okay, so you go first. And he went in and was there. I mean, I'm sure he was there for his whole session, but shortly came out and he was like, girl, I really got nothing from her, but all she kept doing was talking about you. So she really needs to you to come in because she has she has a lot of messages for you. And as soon as I got it, I still have the recording.
Speaker 1: She probably knew that you paid, so she's like, she's getting good with the person with the money.
Speaker 2: Where's the mommy, Bring the mommy in here? Come.
Speaker 1: What do you think of aliens? They're out there.
Speaker 2: They're out there, don't you think. Don't you think we can't live on this globe and not and that's this huge universe and not have something else out there. They got to be out there, and I feel like they're here. They've got to be here, So I mean, I don't know Vicky is the person to talk to about the aliens.
Speaker 1: Oh, Vicky Fogs.
Speaker 2: Yes, Vicky Vox is the one to talk to you about the aliens. That she is obsessed with all of that, and she's you know, she gets in the little rabbit hole of digging on YouTube and all the all those things, and she would be the one to talk to you. But I feel like this world is too big for there's something to not be anything else besides us slowly human beings. Yes, of this burning cesspool of a rock called earth.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had a reading from Vicky?
Speaker 2: I have had conversations with Vicky. She doesn't often like to read me because we're so close, right, And a lot of times she says that, uh, spirit blocks it because we're because we're just so close and we know so much about each other and we can kind of read each other's minds. In certain cases, that that they protect her from being the vessel, which I totally get. But there's also been times where I've been my girl, what's going on with this situation or with this love interest.
Speaker 1: Or unprotected vessel for a minute from mine?
Speaker 2: Right, And sometimes she'll call me and she's like, listen, girl, you know, I don't like doing this. I love you, but fucking spirit won't leave me alone. And needed to know you're up to some shit that you shouldn't be or you're dealing with some people that you shouldn't be dealing with, or you're hanging like something funky, and here's what I know, and so be mindful of it. And then she's all right, bye, are you? But I've witnessed I've witnessed her like read strangers and it is incredible.
Speaker 1: Well, I've seen her read. I've seen her read audiences before Hamburger, Mary's Brunch or the abbey. She's reading these bitches left and right.
Speaker 2: Is this the drag kind of reading though?
Speaker 1: Or the speech is a little bit of Colin A and B a little bit of both. Are you a believer in fate or like synchronicities?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you think like when stuff happens on the daily? Are you like that's a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe in signs. I also I believe in like I have a lot of deja vu.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I have a lot.
Speaker 2: Of deja vu, which also, but that just reminds me of like I'm like, I've I've dreamt this before or I've lived this before, or I like I've seen whatever this like movie that's playing behind my eyeballs right now of what is in the present, like I've I've this is an experience I have had before, like verbatim and like to every like every little detail where I'm like, didn't we just have this conversation a couple of weeks together? They're like, No, we're meeting somebody that I'm like, I swear I know, like I know you, I know you? How do I know you? And it's not being the case. But I also believe in you know, destiny and fate and like and karmatic fate is truly what I believe in. It's like whatever kind of energy you're putting out there, you're destined for whatever you're saying up there. So be nice to people. People exactly.
Speaker 1: This is the worst question I ever asked people. Can you think of a time off the top of your head of like a synchronicity something something in your life where.
Speaker 2: Where things just clicked and made sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like I don't know something, what's an example?
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me a good example so I can think of that, because I'm sure I have something. As I hit my.
Speaker 1: Like a coincidence, but you're like, that's not a coincidence that I think that's too good to be true, like or like I should have went to this place and then I didn't that day and then this happened, or oh well.
Speaker 2: Again back to well this is this was to my sister. I'm back to that haunted house that we lived in when we were younger. She I guess she like hurt her finger or something playing basketball and called my mother and demanded that my mother come to pick her up. And she was like, at school's almost over, You're fine, it's just a finger, You'll be good. She's like, I need to be picked up now. I need to be picked up now. And so my mom, you know, she had just put my brother and I down to nap, had to wake us up, go get my sister, take her home, and then you know, like maybe half an hour later, she got a call from one of my sisters, like students mothers asking if Heather had made it home, and she was like, yeah, I had to go pick her up in school. She's like, oh, my kid hasn't made it home yet. And come to find out, there was a terrible accident on the bus that my sister was supposed to take home and it like went over a freeway near SeaWorld in Orlando and people died.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she just told me that story. My mom just told me that story right before I got on the phone with you. I think, what happened with my brother's a little lake? Think what does the word synchronosity, synchronistic? Synchronistic?
Speaker 1: I had?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is like a little this is a little morbid. And I don't talk about this often because it puts me in a dark place.
Speaker 1: But well you don't have to if you don't want to.
Speaker 2: Now whatever I'm I'm I'm I'm trying to be even more open than I already am. Okay, that says I think this is a perfect podcast for that.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 2: The night that my boyfriend committed suicide, he was begging me to come over and I was going to go over there, and something in my mind told me not to go over there. I just didn't. I didn't feel safe to do it, and so I didn't. And then that's the night that in the middle of the night I got the call that I needed to come to the house.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, that's that's a deep one, and.
Speaker 2: We talk about as a family. We talk about it often, something that I'm working on with my therapist too, and it's you know, it's a burden that I've held on to for a long time, so I think it's probably healthy to talk about it and try to like release some of that that I always hold on too. But it's something that's always weighed on my mind, like what if what if I would have gone over there? Could I have helped him? What if I went over there and I couldn't help myself?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we can drive ourselves crazy with the what ifs. Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 2: Life and life is wild.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for sharing that.
Speaker 2: I think that's why, especially now, I'm like, I'm going to live my life to as as full as i can while I have it in this vessel until the next one and hopefully the next one will be even greater.
Speaker 1: That is definitely something I think you can learn from loss is like, oh wow, this does end, like you really you don't know how long you're gonna get, so you might as well make the most of it.
Speaker 2: I've had. I mean, I don't know how much loss you've experienced. I've experienced a ton of loss, in my life, and it's been, you know, a great tragedy of my life to have gone through so much loss, but it's also been I think rewarding in a way to live every day as if it's your last. You never know what's going to happen, like you know, all those all those stereotypical things that people say about grief and living life to its fullest potential and capabilities, but also trying to enjoy it as much as you can, even though it feels like the world is you know, going to hell, which it is, trying to find some kind of joy and levity in the situation.
Speaker 1: I know it's so important, and that's why I like, I just feel like as awful as the circumstances are or ever will be, I have to have fun, Like I have to find a way to have fun with it. Like I feel like, I don't know, I literally just watched Titanic on an airplane the other day. Like the people playing the music as it's like sinking, I feel like I would be like making jokes or something.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'm like, well, bitch, if we're all dying, we might as well might as well have fun. Get the champs out I'm ready exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wow, where should we go from here?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't mean to get deep.
Speaker 1: Sorry girl, Now I love it on This show has been so silly lately, which which I do love.
Speaker 2: But we love a silly little show.
Speaker 1: I love a silly little show. Oh, she's just doing a silly little show. But that is a thing like these conversations about spiritual All of this concerns so many different aspects. It concerns science, religion, history, love, loss, but it ultimately a lot of it involves life and death, and you know, there's this tragedy within that, there's beauty within it. These conversations can definitely be very real and intense or however you want to look at it, but it's a part of the conversation absolutely, So thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Are you wrapping this up?
Speaker 1: For what is? Are we doing? We wrap it up? We don't have to.
Speaker 2: That was it?
Speaker 1: No, that wasn't it. That was just my little piece about us getting deep.
Speaker 2: And girls, I guess love to go deep.
Speaker 1: What do you think of bigfoot shifting gears? I have one, I have two, Bigfoot Do you think that's real?
Speaker 2: I don't know what I feel about bigfoot or Lockness Monster or you know any of those things.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, Chicago has Mothman.
Speaker 2: I have heard of moth Man, even though I live here and I've been here for seven years now. I need to like dive deep into all the lore that Chicago has. I've been on several of the ghost tours, which are really fun. You have highly recommend if you come. There's like a lot of you know, with the fires and all the other shit that's happened in Chicago and all the mafia. Yeah, there are some good ghost tours here. And I don't know much about Mothman, to be honest. Do I want to say Bigfoot exists? Sure? Is it a species? Is it aliens? Like? What is? You know? Are there more big big feet? Are there multiple Lackness monsters? Or is it just a big turd? I don't know. I would like to are giants reel?
Speaker 1: I think I know a few.
Speaker 2: Named them.
Speaker 1: I there's theories of all of those things you just listened. Some people will say it's an alien, some people will say it's a species. The Mothman is very interesting. Actually, Netflix's Unsolved Mysteries just recently did an episode about Mothman and It's interesting because Mothman was always very West Virginia and then the past few years became Chicago. Honestly, maybe Mothman heard that you moved to Chicago.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I am most Frans.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm always trying to defend. We don't know Mothman's pronouns, and I think it should just be moth them for now, right until we.
Speaker 2: Know Mathi, we'll just call it Mathi, Mathi giving Mathi. I need to dive into that. But also, it's global warming, so maybe it's just migration issues. Maybe the mo moth people, moth persons are now in Chicago because why not be in Chicago instead of West Virginia?
Speaker 1: Right, I love Chicago. Oh my god, I actually hearing about you with a pool in your home in Chicago. That sounds like such a dream.
Speaker 2: Please come visit and tell me if you think my house is haunted.
Speaker 1: I absolutely will. What about haunted like.
Speaker 2: Objects like items? Yeah, for sure. There was this thing that my mom used to have and I can't even remember what it was now, but it always creeped me out as a kid. And then I had this doll, of course that I loved as a kid, and It always freaked the rest of my family out, but I loved it and would I would go everywhere with it.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 2: It was like it almost looked like a little Chucky doll. To be honest, it was like it looks like me. It had like bright red hair, a little freckles. It wasn't like as like big or wild looking as Chucky, but it was definitely like, you know, cabbage patch adjacent. And I was obsessed with this doll, but it would freak everyone out. I also had a really weird ventriloquis stummy that I got it up their story, yard sale or something that always scared everyone. But I was also could never let that thing go because it also looked like me. You know, I've always looked like a puppet, a little ginger puppet with freckles, so not much has changed in that regard.
Speaker 1: Can I show you a haunted doll? Yes, it's time for the dolls are living living, Okay. So here's what I do de talks. Every week, I go to eBay dot com. I type in the words haunted doll. There are thousands of haunted dolls on eBay always, and here is one for you today. I would like you to meet Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: Hi, Lizzie.
Speaker 1: Elizabeth is currently going for nineteen dollars. Let's take a look at can can we see a picture with more outfit?
Speaker 2: There she is, she's kind of giving Yes, she's.
Speaker 1: Got like is that a bonnet? What is that?
Speaker 2: It's a really sweet little easter bonnet. I'm interested in that hand. That hand is doing some weird She's like throwing up gang signs with that hand.
Speaker 1: She's just kind of sliding that in there a little. She's a little little little bo peep.
Speaker 2: A little mo peep. That's what the kids called me at school.
Speaker 1: Wow, she's a little mo cute cut Creese could use a bigger lash. Possibly, I'm into those brows. Honestly. The makeups not bad.
Speaker 2: It's not bad. She's cute. The pupils are a little dilated.
Speaker 1: Maybe she knows that a party, but real she So. Here's the thing about these ebayhunted dolls. They always come with biographies.
Speaker 2: Okay, I need the biography. Give it to me. Is she missing a hand?
Speaker 1: Oh, it looks like.
Speaker 2: Missing a hand. Who hurt you, little peep?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think she's missing a hand. Well, let's see if it says anything about that in this bio. And by the way, usually the idea with these is that a formerly living human being dies and then somehow ends up the doll. Yeah, oh, you know.
Speaker 2: You don't have one of those dolls already. Do you ever buy any of these dolls? Actually, why not?
Speaker 1: I will not, though I do have a vintage Liberachi doll that is here at the studio and I'm obsessed. Okay, So it's meet Elizabeth. By the way, she's going for nineteen dollars, which is that's a discount, Diva. They're usually way more than that.
Speaker 2: I might have to get her.
Speaker 1: Meet Elizabeth. Fair and beautiful, but also cunning and vile. She poisoned all three of her younger siblings. No one suspected a sweet faced beauty like Elizabeth to be so evil. It was in the early nineteen hundreds, so detective work was lacking, and eventually her nanny was blamed and put to death. Elizabeth rejoiced that she duped everyone, and then she received all the attention from everyone for her mournful suffering. This was the theme of her life, continuous cruel acts. She basically killed two of her husbands. Wow, okay, so work Diva said she was widowed twice by her own doing. She eventually messed with the wrong person and he had enough and pushed Elizabeth off the cliff. Elizabeth has the tendency of turning lights on. If she is near a light and it is off, she will turn it on. She also dances to the flame of a candle. If you stare into the center of the flame, you most likely will see her nude pale skin swaying in the flame. But be careful. Not only will your eyes start to sting and blur your Wait a second, now, there's a lot of spelling errors. I apologize. Not only will your eyes start to sting and blur your vision, she will attempt to put you in a trance and lead you to do unscrupulous things. You will know it was almost over. Don't worry. You will know when she leaves her vessel to wander. If you get a sudden chill and smell of magnolias, the tale sign she is likely hovering over you.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth, she sounds like a party and I like her.
Speaker 1: She will get naked and dance to your candles. Don't fall for it. She might try to kill you, but she sounds fun.
Speaker 2: She sounds fun. Somebody come out there and buy Elizabeth.
Speaker 1: Nineteen dollars e Bay dollars is a steal.
Speaker 2: Have you ever bought a haunted doll from me?
Speaker 1: By absolutely not. I's wrong with you. A lot of things do tugs.
Speaker 2: You have to do it for research for the pod.
Speaker 1: Well, I am doing research for the pod right now, which is I'm going around staying in haunted hotel rooms and I'm putting it on YouTube love It's called the Haunted Doll. So that is my research. But that I like can leave the hotel. I don't want to bring a haunted doll into my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like if you if you bring something into your space, and that's where that's where things get dicey, because at.
Speaker 1: This point this has become my job in some way, like it is my job, and I like the fact that my home is not haunted, and so I feel like I don't want to bring my work home and I can't have.
Speaker 2: Ghosts a year in a studio?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, should we have one in the studio?
Speaker 2: I haunt that shit.
Speaker 1: I would feel so bad and.
Speaker 2: See who all, see who all is affected by the spirits of Elizabeth you know what I don't like about Elizabeth is that her pupil placement one is a little off kilter, so she looks like she has a little lazy eye. But it also looks like she's shifty, like she's got when I looking at you and when I'm looking for revenge.
Speaker 1: Ooh, she's always on the.
Speaker 2: Pro which it's me a little bit, Elizabeth.
Speaker 1: What do you think of her hair? Hard front, hard front.
Speaker 2: The glue is yellowing, which does tell me that it might be you see the glue, so it does give old. The ribbon looks very new, though, so I'm not sure how old. She doesn't say how old.
Speaker 1: She is musty old wig the old. It does not say whatever. I don't know. Hey can I hey, hey, can I play some ghost voices? Yeah, it's time for ev or ev Please? Have you ever heard the term EVP?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Tolly uh?
Speaker 2: It stands for extravainy penis, So you.
Speaker 1: Do know it?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, familiar, I'm familiar with that verbiage.
Speaker 1: It's a different one actually, this one is electronic voice phenomena.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, yes, yes, of course of course.
Speaker 1: So it's basically like on a ghost a dig show when they believe they've heard a ghosts speak and it's like that was better than most of them. So basically not unlike with eBay the Internet, you know, people are putting their stuff up there all the time. Sometimes they're good. Actually, I think that ones today are pretty good. I've got two of them for you, and I'm gonna play them for you, and I want you to tell me what you hear and then I'll give you an abc D one of them being the right answer what they believe the ghosts that. So this first one is from Parallel Realms with a Z that's their name on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Because they're edgy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Parallel Realms And it's at a private residence. What is this ghost saying?
Speaker 2: Can I hear it again?
Speaker 1: Yes, there's some like scratchy scratchiness from the recording going on, but it's this voice that's.
Speaker 2: Like, can I tell you what I'm hearing?
Speaker 1: What you here?
Speaker 2: Can I say? Fag? This is just the fag in me?
Speaker 1: Well, a ghost called me that word. Actually at this point, multiple times, I have captured.
Speaker 2: I say, multiple people. I was like, I'm one of them.
Speaker 1: The living and the dead have called me that word. And I'm fine with that.
Speaker 2: I heard. Okay, this is what I heard. Looks stunning, and that's just the.
Speaker 1: Fag in me. Absolutely. Do you hear it to me? It sounds like some old queen that's at a salon or something just did your hair. And then it's like, you look stunning.
Speaker 2: That's right, like cigarette in hand, yes, teasing comb in the other hand. You look stunning.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Well that's not what they thought. Here's the ABCG options. Did they think it was a you want some fun tea? Oh, B, you try to fight me? C you guys are funny guys? Or d you like it funky? Okay, it's one of those. Let me play it again.
Speaker 2: You tried to fight me. That's what I feel like. Somebody is probably gonna say it because it makes spookier. Everything else is a little camp.
Speaker 1: They believe it is. See, you guys are funny, which, honestly, that's not far off from stunning funny me. So wait a minute, let's play it again. Now that we know it's you guys are funny.
Speaker 2: I can hear it. I can hear that's also your brain. Whenever you tell your brain something, you know what I mean exactly.
Speaker 1: Now it's in our head. Okay, here's the last one. This one is from Sean Kane Canyre on YouTube and it was at an abandoned house in Zephyr Hill's floors.
Speaker 2: Too Leper Hills floor.
Speaker 1: Oh what is this say? Okay, this is kind of a long one. Here we go play to get.
Speaker 3: That was It was like a full on paragraph here, that's ship to say and.
Speaker 2: He's tap dancing at the same time.
Speaker 1: Literally, I hate to I hate to be like this, but I feel like I hear the word dick and ball. Wait a second, I.
Speaker 2: Like it when you're playing with my dick and my balls.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't doesn't That would be an e VP extravating pets.
Speaker 2: I don't when I'm playing with my dick and my balls. Also sounds like a like a pet. Is that the pitie Pablo whisper track like.
Speaker 4: Yeah with bone while doing a kickball change, kickball change and ray and play with my dick and balls.
Speaker 1: Horay, Okay, that's not what they thought. Did they think it was a go back to your area, Richard and throw the ball? Actually, honestly, Richard, dick and ball. Did they think it was? B I went to my doctor and he said, I'm too tall. That's a that doctor lose his license? Do they think it was c They said I lived here, but I'm not sure at all. Or d I want to get my nails done at the mall.
Speaker 2: Well I need to go get my nails done. I do too, which is what I'm doing right after this. Oh, oh my god, twins.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, it's one of those.
Speaker 2: I want to say stee because it's also a little people like they're shure that I don't know it all, but it doesn't Now I hear ball again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ball is pretty clear.
Speaker 2: The ball is pretty clear.
Speaker 1: Well that is what they think it was a go back to your area, Richard and throw the ball.
Speaker 2: Well, who's Richard?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it also sounds like a ball is being thrown.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on in that one like that little like, Yeah, that could be a ball bouncing or something.
Speaker 2: Zephyr Hills, what do you got going on over there? Bring the house to Cassadega and figure out why Richard hasn't been throwing the ball to his spooky friend. Pat it with you, Florida, Well, Detugs, that's all I have for you, De Tugs.
Speaker 1: That's that's it. We did like an hour.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I'm a little I'm a little wordy.
Speaker 1: You were perfect. You were everything I could have dreamed of and more. I'm so happy you did this.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: And if you ever encounter a ghost, please find me so we could talk about it.
Speaker 2: We should do like have you done like a live seance or anything like that? Have you gone to houses that would be a great great episode or a new series.
Speaker 1: Let me let me investigate your home when I'm in Chicago because I need YouTube content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going to your friend's homes and be like, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: But then I'm just like redecorating. You mean, I want to go in your pool? That is what I want.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. I mean, Okay, so let me tell you really quick before we leave again. The pool. I met the lady who owned the house in the seventies and she's the one who had the pool put in. There's like a five person sauna and the and the basement like it looks like a bath house. Basically, I bought a bath house. It's like our family bought a zoo. This cross truster bought a bath house. Since we're not allot in anyways, that's we're getting off subject. But I met her. She was like we had some good you could tell she was a party girl in the seventies. She's like, there's mirrors, all of them cooked in this house. That's why I bought it. But she's like smoking and thing like, oh my god, we had so much fun in that place. And when Jackie came over, she was like a lot of fun was had right here specifically, and she pointed to the bathroom that has the sauna in it, and she didn't know that there was the sun and there. She's like, lots of fun was going on right in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what was going on there. Maybe she was running the bath house.
Speaker 1: People's grandmas and grandpa's did some unspeakable Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, and that where a lot of people were conceived. For sure.
Speaker 1: Life started in that sauna. So what have you got going on? Where do you want people to find your dtalks?
Speaker 2: I've got all kinds of things going on, and I'll be everywhere, and I'm not sure exactly where I am when I'm there, but all of my details will be on the only de talks on Instagram Twitter, brinder Tender, my website the onlydetalks dot com.
Speaker 1: Where am I.
Speaker 2: I'm somewhere for Halloween, I think. I'm sure I have a bunch of gigs coming up, and I don't know exactly what dates are, where and when this is coming out, but I'll be around in your city, I'm sure hopefully sometime soon come find me.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for doing this. I so appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Detox. I so appreciate her vulnerability, her set, humor. She was a perfect guest. That was exactly what I want. That's what I want from my guests. I'm going to start say new guests, this is what we're looking for, this level of guestness. She's an icon. I love her so much, and I love you both living and dead.
Speaker 5: But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Okay, back, this has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you. So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha. The associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi.
Speaker 1: My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Krichten. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spooky Georgia Hart Start and the frightening Danielle Kramer.