Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: So let me share my screen and let's see here share. Let's run right over here to this thing, and we're gonna go to slide show from the beginning. So this is week two, Session two of you know, creating your own clothing line. And this week we're going to cover or this session, I'm sorry, we're gonna cover choosing your e commerce platform, designing your store, setting up your payment and your shipping options, and of course.
Speaker 4: Promoting your store.
Speaker 3: Okay, so researching your platforms. You know, we're in e commerce, and so it's not like back in the day where you kind of had your own website and then you would have to actually add these things in.
Speaker 4: I'm dating myself, but I'm from that time.
Speaker 3: We actually had to like put the code in for the cart and everything. Now we have been so blessed and so fortunate to have platforms like Shopify, wouo Commerce, Big Commerce and things like that that just bring everything in for you.
Speaker 4: It's literally just like all done for you.
Speaker 3: So these are some amazing and some of the most popular platforms. So you guys will take a few minutes to assess these and look at the features and the price and the customer support. But please, I want you to do that at the end because I'm gonna provide some information for you that's gonna help inform that decision. And you know, I think it'll just be a little bit better if we wait until the end for you guys to do that, okay, and then you'll also be finishing up some stuff from your workbook. So researching these platforms, we're gonna go with the top three in the game. So we have Shopify, woo Commerce, and Big Commerce. Now pricing, you guys can see they're relatively about the same. Shopify definitely starts at twenty nine a month and it goes up from there. You know, you can get into like definitely the elite or the pro version of it, which is.
Speaker 4: One that I use.
Speaker 3: So I just full disclosure, I am not a Shopify affiliate. I don't get any rewards is there any money for recommending anything Shopify? But I do have to inform you of my bias because I've been with Shopify for over ten years now, okay, so that's going to be my go to and so that's the one that I'm really going to lean on or towards because that's what my knowledge base is. But I do know some of these others are also popular and also utilized. So Shopify has over one hundred different options payment gateways, so does commerce. BigCommerce has sixty five. You see the abandoned cart recovery. They're all the same marketing tools, they're all the same. Woo Commerce is limited mobile app, They're all the same. Woo Commerce does not have that customer support.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Shopify has email, live chat, phone as well as BigCommerce, and wocommerce is very limited on that as well. Ease of use Shopify big Commerce both easy Commerce, moderate and extend customized options. Moderate Commerce is a little bit more extensive on what they have for customization, and Big Commerce is moderate. Well, I will say, and I'm not really sure. One thing that does help me in terms of Shopify and what makes Shopify stand out is their exhaustive and extensive theme store. So whereas Shopify itself you may not see a lot of options, you go to their theme store and people have literally built apps that completely and seamlessly integrate with Shopify for just about anything that you need.
Speaker 4: So I will say that I'm not too familiar.
Speaker 3: Food Commerce has their own theme store or BigCommerce, and as you know, developers they like to go with the larger brand. So if you're a developer and you know you're creating a software or an app, they're typically going to go with who's the biggest in the game, and right now that is still Shopify.
Speaker 4: Okay, So now.
Speaker 3: Outlining the design process of your store, you're gonna choose your theme, You're gonna choose your template. Of course, you're gonna customize the layout and the branding for your store. You're gonna organize and categorize your brands, and then of course you're gonna add your product descriptions, your photos, and then you're also going to test and optimize your online store. So let's get into some of the things that you're going to consider for that. So one of the biggest things, of course, is going to be your theme. Your theme is basically the template. It's basically like how your store is set up, it's the aesthetics of it.
Speaker 4: It's what your story looks like.
Speaker 3: So that's gonna be really really critical, especially and you would think like, okay, well.
Speaker 5: Just this episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, But keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member fdic Erners. What's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of.
Speaker 2: Our merch partners.
Speaker 5: Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready to see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right.
Speaker 4: Leave.
Speaker 1: Now under President Trump, America's laws border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: The theme and it's you know, no big deal, but it actually is, especially when it comes to you know, people engaging, how your products are set up, and things of that nature. So does it attract your target audience?
Speaker 4: Right? Does it go with your identity?
Speaker 3: How many other sellers are using that temp because I know at one point in time Shopify, when we first started out, everyone has like these go to Shopify templates, So you would go to people's store and you know, you can kind of tell like, okay, they're definitely using the template, and it's this template a thing or template the best use for your type. Now, I know the Shopify has greatly increased their themes. They have a lot of free ones and they have a lot of paid ones. And I'm going to give you a hack in just a second to completely differentiate yourself on Shopify, wou Commerce and also big commerce instead of for your theme, so customizing the layout and the branding, right, we talked extensively about branding over the last three sessions. So you know, is your brand, mission and your personality represented well, you know, is it coming through does it just look like something standard or stock? Are you really taking the time to make sure you're adding in those fonts, those graphics, that color, you know, your theme and everything else and making sure that that runs through your site. Do the elements from your style guide match the template and the theme that you've used, you know, so of course you have to think typography, color, scheme, logo, etc.
Speaker 4: So here is your hack.
Speaker 3: This is a platform called Inveto and in Veto marketplace. You have to think of it as the Amazon for content creation. This site has everything you need, as you can see, from web things and templates to code, video, audio, graphics, photos, three D files.
Speaker 4: They have everything literally that you needed. Is so exhaustive.
Speaker 3: So that's where I'm gonna take you guys right now. So when you get to it, it's a little tricky because Inveto has and I don't want to confuse you guys, but Inveto has a lot of different names. The web thing and the templates they're under what's called themeforest, dot net. Everything that they've named is kind of like organic. So if you see me, let's go here. This site is called Cold Canyon. This site is called video Hive, right, this one is audio Jungle. I mean that's just the things that's separated. So it's all in Veto. But you know, when you get there, so the web the link if you know, if you see themeforest dot net, you may be a little confused, like, wait a minute, what is that?
Speaker 4: But it is also it's under them Veto umbrella. So when you get here, you could click web things and templates.
Speaker 3: Right, and so the cool part is you can search for the e commerce templates that you're looking for. So if you come down here, you see WordPress themes if that was what you were into, different site templates that are HTML and website. So that's just for your regular website. If you don't want to build your website, this thing has the entire website for you. All you gonna do is change the images and change the wording. It is literally built for you. And so they have a lot of different ones, even blogging. But what we're gonna focus on are the e commerce templates. Okay, and here's the cool part is you can see e commerce categories. They have templates specifically for Shopify, big Commerce, right, zen Cart, miscellaneous, and some of them actually you can get into miscellaneous, and I believe right here you will see like wool commerce or things like that. They'll tell you in the description. But for the interest of time, we're gonna go to Shopify. So this is so cool because here you can save on Shopify things and templates.
Speaker 4: These are already built and already designed.
Speaker 3: So as you see here, they have categories weekly bestseller, things that are hot for under forty nine dollars, the new best sellers if you do furniture right top, Shopify things and stuff like that. So let's just go here and look at some of the new best sellers for example, so I can show you kind of like how this works. So let's check out this one right here. You see the price over there to the side, you can see the ratings. You can see how many people have purchased it. You get extended support if you need that. And I'm also not in affiliate of in Betos, so I don't get any money. But this has been my go to secret for the last six years.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christin Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.