Speaker 1: What's up everyone on Tour re Deal And I'm a Nissa Ferreira And this is MTV's official challenge podcast.
Speaker 2: Another incredible episode of All Stars Wore We just watched and I just can't wait to get into it because of it.
Speaker 1: What just happened? ASA like they don't really know?
Speaker 3: Give us a breakdown, do your best to bring it down for me.
Speaker 1: First of all, there was a spinning van in the sky that I thought was gonna spin for way longer, and I'm really surprised that nobody threw up. Then no one knew how to do math. The maths were off. Yeah, and then you know Janelle was gonna vote herself in. Then Janelle ends up leaving, then Tina still us to go in. Then there's no elimination, then Tina steals Avery Star and that's.
Speaker 3: The end of the episode.
Speaker 1: I mean it was just like what what what? What?
Speaker 3: What? Like talk about like.
Speaker 2: Never let them guess your next move, right? I felt I felt like that watching this, I was like, what's gonna happen?
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen?
Speaker 3: How did this turn into this?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Oh and then I forgot about Laurel and Nicole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one thing after the next one thing like it was, I'm not packed with information. There's a lot to unpacked. I think we get into the first challenge, which is literally.
Speaker 1: You unpacked pack and it has suitcases.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I see what you did there.
Speaker 1: I see what you've been doing. I mean, id you caught it?
Speaker 2: Though? Well, this challenge was called carsick. It's my literal worst nightmare. And I was, like you said, also surprised that nobody threw up.
Speaker 1: What did you think when you were watching it?
Speaker 2: What would have been your strategy going into this, Like do you think that you would have even been able to remember what seasons were, what numbers and then how to do the math after that?
Speaker 1: Well, when I watched it, I was like, well, why didn't they? I mean, I know that they didn't know how many codes were or how many groups of numbers there were going to be, but like, if you heard something, hold on to it. I don't know, right if you could, I mean, you could have ended up with all four people or three people memorizing the same things. But however, it may have saved a little bit of time. But I didn't know TJ was going to just keep repeating it and repeating it repeating it. I think the smart choice was to have one or two people buy or one person by the van, listening right and saying the things that they heard from TJ's announcements. So I think that was smart. But maybe give them a pen and paper, you know. I think that perhaps stop lotioning before the challenge and then bring a rock or stick with you and do it on your arm. I've definitely tried that before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I think some people remember when we were picking out sticks at one point, Oh yeah, rocks that were sharp enough.
Speaker 3: To like right in our arms. I mean, we've definitely we've tried it all.
Speaker 2: You know, you just you have to if you're not right, and if you're not carbon math problems into your arm.
Speaker 3: Are you really trying to win the challenge? I don't know. I don't know, are you I don't know?
Speaker 2: Like you tell me, But you know what, I was really impressed with some people's performance this episode. I want to give a shout out to Leroy. Yeah, he's been practicing his massion. I'm so proud of him.
Speaker 4: He got all.
Speaker 1: He was like, bam, got it, bam got it. I'm like, I so impressed.
Speaker 2: Also, really impressed with Tony time and Jay Jay's been saying he wanted to make this his comeback season.
Speaker 3: He really showed out with the math.
Speaker 1: That was dope.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if Tony did any of the math, but it was nice. He was there for support. Yeah. Did you see him jump on top of the van?
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm saying, that's what that's that it looked effortless.
Speaker 1: I would have fell off the flat. I would have fell off the van. I wouldn't even have made it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, oh, no, me either. He was like Spider Man.
Speaker 3: I would have been like a bug on the windshield. It would have been a splat, but you would have still been vomiting. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He would have been cleaning vomit off of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I am also impressed that somehow Laurel and Nicole were able to work together to pull out a.
Speaker 1: Win even though they didn't.
Speaker 2: But I mean, can we not just take a moment to give Laurel one of the best lines in Challenge history. The producer literally says, like, it seems like there's a lot of tension between you and Nicole.
Speaker 1: She's like, absolutely not. This is just the last thing I would ever want to do in my entire life. Like She's like, no, that's not it at all, But it is this other thing that's worse, Dude, Laurel is Laurel is hilarious. Hilarious, she really is. It was so funny Nicole, so like I don't even want to talk to you, like I just want to play the game.
Speaker 3: Like she's not even here. I'm walking away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, you're Nicole for impression is unmapple block we to I can't even do it.
Speaker 3: Bles love gyles, love me in my six pack. I actually love Nicole. She's so funny. I've never dated her, so I think that's what we all still love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it seems like, you know, obviously there's a lot to unpacked there.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'd like to see where where this goes. Yeah, you know, the tension always a little tension leans to steamy makeup.
Speaker 2: So and we did get a little, uh you know, a little teaser limps of the.
Speaker 3: A little glimpse of the lips. A little bit of that was for you as andr people out there, if you could hear me, Yeah, for sure. And you know what, that's not the only tension.
Speaker 2: And I don't think that this other tension's gonna wrap up with Janelle and Ayana.
Speaker 3: That was pretty brutal.
Speaker 2: And I think that the speech was it was amazing to watch from a viewer's perspective.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it was so good because it was just it was gonna it never was gonna end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm curious how long it really was like and I'm curious, Like I feel like Ayana is smart and calculated, and I'm curious if she if she's doing things on it was brilliant, right, right, it.
Speaker 1: Was like a chess move like she thought, Like, I mean, I know it didn't the surprise of Tina getting this whatever all that stuff, but like I felt like she was like three steps ahead of what was happening, you know that for sure, And again and watching it it all unfolded her girl, Jasmine doesn't have to go into elimination, right, But then she kept talking about Laurel and uh, Carl, like sending themselves in or not Laurel and Carl, Laurel and Nicole setting themselves in. And I'm like, all right, now this is where the train fell off the tracks because I don't know.
Speaker 3: If this is gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Right, it's it got a little confusing, and I mean it got to the point where Leroy.
Speaker 3: Stood up and says, I'm not doing this anymore.
Speaker 2: And that's when I was like, We've never seen that exactly. We've never seen that. Leroy is always you know, he has a great composure.
Speaker 1: Yes, only really he he left like he is like just an old man, just fit up. He was like, I'm such as shit. It was so annoyed. I've never seen him more annoyed in my entire life.
Speaker 3: It was it was gold.
Speaker 1: All Stars as gold.
Speaker 3: It is gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of personalities on here, and like you know, you said, you get to a certain point in your challenge career where you just don't care if people like you anymore.
Speaker 3: So everyone is just very much themselves, which I think is.
Speaker 2: Like awesome, And I'm honestly happy that there was a lot of at least political game and like a lot of drama, because we didn't really get to see an elimination, which is obviously one of the best part of the show. Right, so it's like, at least it still felt like a very entertaining episode even without an elimination. It was like eighteen episodes in one, it felt like eighteen episodes of one, and then the speech heard around the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, but we still get Tina going into elimination. She's all suited up, looking athletic and cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: TJ basically asks Laurel and Nicole if they want to go down, because they want so they have the opportunity to go down and get the star, and I think Tina's face is kind of like, oh crap, like is this about to go down?
Speaker 1: But the moment that Laurel and Nicole.
Speaker 2: Declined, TJ's like, all right, well, we already lost a female tonight, so we're not going to lose another.
Speaker 1: Go steal your star from somebody.
Speaker 2: And then she just walks confidently over to Avery steals her star. And it's just a nice full circle moment as a viewer to see the conversation that was had earlier and then to see Tina actually have legs to stand on when it comes to saying like you don't want to go against me, like not picking sides for either of them.
Speaker 3: Just as a viewer, it's nice to see things like that come full circle, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just is like a full and I'm really happy that we got to see it. Yeah, it was good. And this is no shade to Avery at all, It's just the just for as an as a viewer, this is this is great TV and it just goes to show.
Speaker 2: How up and how down you can be, even on Avery's even in her game so far. First episode she gets her gold star, she finish the second place for the women.
Speaker 1: She's on fire.
Speaker 2: Second episode she can't at eight and she loses her star. So you know what I mean, Like anything can happen, and every episode you can either look like the Challenger of all time or you can look like, Okay, you have some work to do. So I think it's gonna be interesting to see how she plays going forward, knowing that her and Tina might not be on the best terms anymore, and because of that, maybe she's not on the best terms with Rachel or Veronica.
Speaker 3: Obviously I'm just assuming.
Speaker 2: But like, I can't wait to see how the relationshippens, Yeah, unfolds. I think we should definitely, uh give out our all star if you want, Like, who do you think You're?
Speaker 3: All Star of the episode goes to Leroy.
Speaker 1: I think so too proud. I'm really proud of one one we see Leroy.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: There are two things that happened with Leroy in this episode that never happened. One he like, he just lost it and said I have to leave. Yeah, I'm excusing myself right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the other one was I've been practicing on something that I'm not good at, and let me show you how good I am now, Yeah, and following through and absolutely killing it. Yeah. The only other step would be him him, like, I just him him. The only thing better than watching him to math would have been his team to have won. Yeah, for sure. But I still got I still got a thrill out of Lee Leroy. I got to kick out of him this episode. I did too. Oh my god, him an elimination. I mean him in the interview Yeah, too funny, being like, what would I would rather put toothpicks under my tonails and.
Speaker 3: Kick a wall?
Speaker 1: I mean that was too.
Speaker 3: That was too descriptive for me because I felt it. I was, I would have liked it.
Speaker 1: What did Cam say? Oh god, I can't remember. It wasn't watch paint Dry?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: That was Leroy too? Oh?
Speaker 3: She said I'd rather chew on Denna.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd rather eat Like what it's amazing.
Speaker 1: God, So I got a thrill, like the assist from Cam it was great. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: We got to see the interview with both of them sitting together.
Speaker 1: That was cool.
Speaker 3: And who's not getting a star? What's that? No star of the episode?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want to say it, but maybe Kara, because I mean, listen, we talked her up last week.
Speaker 3: We're not just haters, but like, you know, not.
Speaker 1: Just we aren't.
Speaker 3: It's eight, it's eight. Eight is great, It's just eight. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so now I'm really going to practice my flash cards because I just want to make sure that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if you make if you make a mistake show with a single digit number, a single digit number, that and it's just a edition. There's no dividing, there's no multiplying, there's no fractions.
Speaker 3: You better get it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to practice now, just because I don't want that embarrassment.
Speaker 1: But it was and it was also Avery coming up with an odd number with two evens. You know, it's it's okay. I think that also under pressure, especially listen.
Speaker 3: Johnny.
Speaker 1: Johnny said the fisial language of Australia was Dutch. Anything can happen under pressure. It's just math is just a more clear cut thing, dude. And what's what's two plus eight?
Speaker 3: I don't know nine, just kidding my face, I don't know. It's an odd number. It must be right, I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: You know what, They're gonna chop it up so you don't know either. They're going to put you in the math club. So listen, I just want to leave with this. If we could just one get a physical therapist, a masseuse. We're also going to need a math tutor, thank you.
Speaker 3: On the next show, and some dramamine for car tekness, thank you.
Speaker 1: So you know what, I think you should get one of those after surgery ear patches. You know, we go behind there for nausea.
Speaker 2: Anybody out there who's listening, if you have one of those after surgery ear patches, if.
Speaker 1: You're a doctor or nurse, could you not steal some, but if you could write us a script for a a s script for those under you just can't sleep with it, that's all perfect. Well, thank you so much for listening, guys.
Speaker 3: But don't worry, we have more coming up right now because we have.
Speaker 2: The star of the episode, the Woman with a Golden Star, Tina is coming on to tell us what happened behind the scenes, how she feels after that elimination win and walking back into the house after having a.
Speaker 3: Gold Star and stealing from Avery. So stay tuned because we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get back to the show, all.
Speaker 3: Right, guys.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite part of the podcast where we get to interview some incredible cast members from the show, and this person brings the personality every single season. This is her third season of Challenge All Stars. You may remember her from Road Rules South Pacific. She is a light and energy and has the just funniest remarks on the show.
Speaker 3: Welcome Tina Bridges to the podcast.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that was a greatt obception. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh it's so true.
Speaker 2: First of all, let's just talk about the energy you bring no matter what, regardless of if it's a Tina moment or not, she makes it a Tina moment.
Speaker 1: Oh good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I wonder, I wonder if there are pots and pans this season. But I guess I was just gonna have to wait.
Speaker 5: Girl, you say, you know, I always come out with some kind of scha.
Speaker 1: I don't know, how did you how did you feel watching this episode back.
Speaker 4: You know, it has been a while along.
Speaker 5: I forgot about that happened, and I didn't know Janelle was or not Janelle, but I didn't know Iana was making up the hole she wanted to take Jasmine in.
Speaker 1: Isn't that interesting how that works?
Speaker 4: That is very interesting.
Speaker 3: That is very But you.
Speaker 1: Also you also told Avery, if you pick me, I'm a see where you stand and don't you want to be with the cool girls?
Speaker 5: And it's like, I know that some people are like, it's that bullying, But if I wasn't like getting up in her face. I was having a conversation like A equals B B.
Speaker 4: You know, like it was.
Speaker 1: It was it very my A plus B equals crying.
Speaker 4: And she agreed with to be the A equals B.
Speaker 1: And I and you know what, and that's why they don't They didn't have any algebra in the first in this challenge because you guys were mathing.
Speaker 5: You guys are trying to be I want to say, stay with the record my team, but there was only three of us, and uh, it was really fucked up. I put the puzzle together, I asked Adam, and okay, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lay blame on anybody. God damn, all three of us sucked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what you didn't fuck up is that you get to come into the season with and be reunited with Ray and.
Speaker 5: Okay, I will say that I never thought that I would get the opportunity to be able to play a game again with those two.
Speaker 4: I never ever. I mean twenty years ago, we talked about it, we laughed about it.
Speaker 5: We even predicted where we would be in twenty years from from and I remember that was in Mantanillo, Mexico.
Speaker 4: That was oh, no, infernito, infurnito.
Speaker 5: We talked about what we would where we would be in twenty years, what would we be doing, and would you come back and do it again in twenty.
Speaker 4: Years and we all three said. Rachel's like, yeah, I do it, yeah, Rochel's like yeah, Rachel's like Robert said, yes, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: They asked me if I was like, I don't know. I mean, if y'all do it, I'll do it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, twenty years later, we get the opportunity and it's like we're we picked up right where we dropped.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, dude, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I was dying at that first scene when you like in the in the first episode where you like spill your drink and so, Tina, it was just like a classic intro and it just like felt nostalgic, like you could just tell like you guys, like the friends are back together. And I'm curious, like watching the show because we filmed Challenge Global Champions, did you guys have the big room that overlooked Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the.
Speaker 2: Best room in the house with the bathtub with she's so excited with the bathtub and.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was I had that room too. I loved it.
Speaker 5: But I saw this room, I was like, are you kidding? This is I never do a Challenge again. I will die happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got just because of that.
Speaker 2: Day.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: It had a day.
Speaker 2: It had like the okay, Tori, Oh god, Well, I'm glad that you got that bedroom because it was classic, and I'm glad that we get to watch you guys together.
Speaker 3: It's also interesting watching other people link up.
Speaker 2: And I'm really curious about your reaction that you had when you saw Laurel and Nicole Tina like, oh good, what are your thoughts on those two?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, the back and forth. They drove me bonkers. They drove everybody else in the house bunkers. I mean it is always, it is always hard to.
Speaker 4: Deal with an X.
Speaker 6: Yeah, even if they call your phone and those emotions that that like fucking flood up in you and then you've got to play this heated game with an X.
Speaker 5: So I'm not gonna lie. I was sticking around. I wanted to see what where go?
Speaker 1: Wait, I want to know would you rather Would you rather listen to Aana and deliberation or live in a house with Nicole and Laurel post breakup after the while they're fighting.
Speaker 4: Oh god, that's a tough one. Now I feel like asking me this question.
Speaker 1: At a lumination, I'll give you five bucks.
Speaker 4: I just neither got I think I can handle Wow. Yeah, I think because when.
Speaker 5: Ayana is at least reasonable, I could talk to her like she's she could call him down, like there is a real human being there. I think people forget that there's a real human being there. Yeah, she could be a little misguided with her intentions, but I think that the heart is there. Yeah, you know, I think I know we could deny that.
Speaker 4: I could deny that. Yeah, but her.
Speaker 5: But her methods are are not the methods I would employed. But I have to tell you it's fucking entertaining.
Speaker 1: As hell entertaining. And I loved watching it and not being there.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 4: I did truly feel bad for to know. Yeah, there was a there was a lot to.
Speaker 5: Unpack when it comes to history to those two girls, and there's a lot of unset things that they haven't even said to each other that need to be I think it's it would just it's all about miscommunication, to be honest with you, that's all it is. And IAmA was able to exploit a simple thing in the house such as communication.
Speaker 1: I mean it might be a good gameplay. I don't know. Like she easily lit that fire.
Speaker 3: It felt it was.
Speaker 1: It was really fucking smart.
Speaker 4: I mean it. I mean method is questionable. You know what intention?
Speaker 1: I mean attention is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see what she was trying to do and it worked. So is it a smart move? Is it or not? It worked in her benefit and it worked in mind and doesn't She was able to I was.
Speaker 5: Able to save her team without anybody going to fucking elimination.
Speaker 4: She created that eliment and save.
Speaker 2: Both me and chess, yeah, which isn't, which which is insane. So I can understand why.
Speaker 4: And she dide thing to do to create.
Speaker 2: That result, hoping, crossing your fingers that that was gonna be the outcome production came up with, because you never know what production gonna you know what I'm saying, Like you just don't. But before we even get too deep into the elimination, I I really do want to just get into the actual challenge itself because I just feel like I would have thrown up all over the place.
Speaker 1: You would have That is my absolute.
Speaker 2: Worst nightmare of a challenge. I guess I get so carsick. I get so carsick, like, oh so bad car. There would have been pukey and there the competitor, no.
Speaker 1: Car, no throw up on herself.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be I promise you don't.
Speaker 1: I promise you don't.
Speaker 2: It's gonna, it's it's gonna if it's runny any other time.
Speaker 1: Wait. I brought her anti nausea bracelets one challenge because I wanted I didn't want her.
Speaker 4: To be a challenge. I actually took Dramma me because I was afraid I was gonna get cars too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't as bad though watching it. I was really confused by watching the first team though, because I was like, are they going to remember all the numbers? I didn't know it played cat the throughout the.
Speaker 3: Thing they make it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's I mean with the way the cadence of the regular station and the way t J talks, he made sure that it was blending into each other when you have.
Speaker 4: Numbers and letters, and I mean.
Speaker 5: It was like a fucking fucked up game of bingo and you're just trying to down.
Speaker 4: Every single spot.
Speaker 1: You know the numbers? Were you surprised by how poorly people are doing math?
Speaker 3: Who surprised you the most?
Speaker 4: Ee doesn't know? Eight?
Speaker 1: That was? That was? You know what?
Speaker 2: It's so interesting how no, no, no, I was just gonna says, so interesting How in the first challenge, like Leroy finished on the bottom this challenge, Leroy did well at the math. Like in a week it changes and the first challenge, Kara absolutely crushes this challenge.
Speaker 3: She can't add eight. And it just goes to show that any week is or a week or all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I love that.
Speaker 5: All you have all of these people who constly talk about how they're such a badass of the challenge.
Speaker 4: I've bad.
Speaker 5: The fucking shut the fuck up's the best challenge.
Speaker 4: Everybody has their good days and bad days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, that's what.
Speaker 5: The challenge is all about, So fucking stop wagging yourself off.
Speaker 2: I agree, But I agree, dude, it's you can't ever walk in there too cocky because you just never know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: It's a fact, and it's very humbling.
Speaker 1: It's very humbling when they start using you numbers to add divide by one.
Speaker 4: I will say that.
Speaker 5: How many of us challengers go in there cocky as fuck? And then you have something like a colored red that you think was purple.
Speaker 4: The rest of your life?
Speaker 3: Been there, done that?
Speaker 1: Yeah it's blue. No, it's purple.
Speaker 4: I swear that it's blue. You got to fuck with.
Speaker 3: Me, I get it.
Speaker 1: So how is it working with Adam and Steve?
Speaker 4: I imagine working with them is like working with me.
Speaker 1: Frustrating, not that big, not because I think about what I think about here.
Speaker 3: It was interesting to see you guys in the van, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Well, I do know that a couple of cast members there's these cube of trinkets all over in the van, and so by the time, Like I got in there, there's barely any trinkets left because people are like jackets.
Speaker 1: I did, she said, Shot, that's that's such an old school move, because remember when they used to check our suit cases before we left, because people would still like steel paintings. No, like legitimately, I forget who it was. Had just like a suitcase of like paintings and like tapestries and like willows. Oh, they were like, please do not take anything from the house. That's an ancient artifact that we got for my Kia. Okay, we're gonna see it back.
Speaker 5: Like a key I think the truck in the band, it was like a key chain. Like there was like a keychain or like a slinky or like it was a cute little knick knacks that took us back seeing that that road Rolls band, the nostalgia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think it brought a tear to every single road roller all that cast.
Speaker 5: It brought a tear to our eyes and it just it was it was nice to see again.
Speaker 4: We all have a special.
Speaker 5: Heart face in our heart for that show because I think talking with them it has changed every single one of us for the good, for the bad, whatever, it has changed us, and that that's that's not that's not debated.
Speaker 4: So when we see that R V Van, I.
Speaker 5: Was looking at Keep, I was looking at you know, V, I was looking at Ray, I was looking at all of them, and I'm like, dude, this is a this is a full circle moment right here for all of us. This is incredible. I wish I hope that some of you, like Anissa, you guys got a reunion for the real world. Yeah, you know, that's the closest us rogbrowers get.
Speaker 1: So I have a question, how long did this challenge take?
Speaker 3: Was it? Was it longer than you expected?
Speaker 5: Were absolutely, absolutely, it took way longer. We all thought that we would, you.
Speaker 4: Know, remember each one of them.
Speaker 5: But there, if you look on top of that car, there's several suitcases up there, and each suitcase has two two digits, two series of digits that you have to put together. So there's a lot of numbers and to try to match car paid DM with ninety seven point ninety two point seven, but it's actually nine.
Speaker 4: Hundred and twenty seven.
Speaker 5: Like it was, it took a lot of re listening, a lot of brain power. Yeah, and you saw a lot of them short circuit.
Speaker 1: Do what I'm saying that challenge you were in the you were in the bottom two groups. So how much slower were you, guys than the people that won?
Speaker 5: We were very slow. Not only were we a man down to help take those suitcases off. It was one female, two males. I'm not saying that I'm weaker. I'm saying that there's less number of hands.
Speaker 4: And arms and brain.
Speaker 5: So of course the team that has at least amount of people is going to do the longest. But I thought that we could make up for that with the fact that Adam, me and Steve are very there's more smart people, like.
Speaker 4: We're good at work.
Speaker 5: You said that, now, I'll say put that way, But you know, when you start going, you just kind of get a brain fart and you're thinking about twenty and other things and not something simple like a three digit math equation.
Speaker 2: Totally yeah, And it's also memorizing it and remembering what code goes to what number it was.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of movie pieces.
Speaker 2: What like The question that came up in my mind is, you know sometimes when production says, oh, we're randomly picking your teams, I'm curious, did you watch them? Pull names out of a hat or were the teams just already picked out for you guys.
Speaker 4: I think we got we actually got to choose our team, our teammates.
Speaker 1: Oh so there was like.
Speaker 3: You mean, I know, Cole picked each other. Well, I think there was like a team captain Oh okay for.
Speaker 4: Each person, and then you had that person got to pick pick picked.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it was randomized in the sense that it really wasn't organized.
Speaker 4: I mean they just kind of you know, and then we got to pick our team to make it fast.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 5: So there were a strategy in picking your team, which I obviously fucked up and should have picked a different team.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just interesting because like, yeah, they said it was random, and it seems like there would have been more strategy to to picking the team there. Maybe there could have been some drama there, but I guess there was enough drama in the rest of this episode.
Speaker 3: Oh honey, okay, give it to us. What happened.
Speaker 5: Iana was really leaning into Janelle. Janelle was crying.
Speaker 4: It was I felt really bad about the situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but there is bad blood between Janelle and Iona was stemming from All Star season.
Speaker 4: Two and it was between the two of them. I can't.
Speaker 5: I tried to bridge that gap between the two of them, try to solve it.
Speaker 4: But I think that that's just that's just between them. I think it's definitely a personality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it goes really far back. I mean, yes, back, back, way back, and.
Speaker 5: There was it was definitely loaded. There was something loaded in that. There was there was more to it than.
Speaker 4: Uh they're able to over in however many minutes.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, but they covered Ayana speech.
Speaker 3: They had enough minutes for that.
Speaker 4: Oh they did it there. That was probably like a quarter That was probably like point.
Speaker 1: How long was it?
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 5: I was downstairs. All I know is it did take a long time because I took two bathroom.
Speaker 1: Breaks, not to bathrooms.
Speaker 4: I was just waiting for I was waiting for them to say my name. I knew the moment. I knew the moment that my name was up. I was like, I'm going in and aship. I fucking know. I know they were blighting up. Of course they're gonna put me in there. They want my ass there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but that was collect I knew it.
Speaker 4: It was a collective effort.
Speaker 1: What did you think was gonna happen when after Janelle leaves and then you have to go to elimination. What did you think was gonna happen when you got there, that they were.
Speaker 5: Going to bring somebody else in? They were gonna pull somebody else in, and my ass was gonna probably either leave there with blood or somebody else is gonna have my blood on them. And that's how have I would have got either down in a blaze of glory or just like Potter out that that was the two.
Speaker 4: That was the two that I saw.
Speaker 2: All Right, we have to take a quick break, but we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get back to the show.
Speaker 2: When you walked up to the elimination, obviously now knowing that this whole thing happened, were you just trying to figure out how to how to solve the elimination?
Speaker 3: Like when you saw what it was, where you're like, am I good at this?
Speaker 1: Or what?
Speaker 4: Oh? I looked at looking at like what the hell do you have for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh? God? Please, Lord, who's coming out?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Are the challenge? God's gonna I couldn't fight anybody in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I got lucky that time.
Speaker 4: I got lucky.
Speaker 3: Did you have an idea that Laurel or Nicole were gonna come down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that they talked about it. I talked to them about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also thought they were thinking about it and they are still on the fence, and I was like, all right, well you know, just let me know.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, you know that night, I mean going into the elimination second episode, did you think that was gonna happen?
Speaker 1: Or was on your radar?
Speaker 3: Oh? Really?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Were you like regretting coming onto the season where you're like, what the hell did I sign up for?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But then there was a major plot twist where they're like just kidding, do you know you in the fastest the fastest elimination went in history.
Speaker 3: Nobody had saw your opponent.
Speaker 5: Here's a star, Like, yeah, I'm like going, what this never happens?
Speaker 4: What the fuck's happened? And then every time I.
Speaker 5: Always feel like if something goes good with for me in the game, around the corners of it, there's gonna be some.
Speaker 4: Kind of fuck.
Speaker 3: I get it fucked a hundred time.
Speaker 5: So me getting that star, I felt like it was a hot potato. I was like, oh, I really don't want this right now. I really shouldn't get this.
Speaker 2: One hundred I fucking Ray and Ray and brought her laughing.
Speaker 4: Rachel was She was like, how about how the hell did we pull this off?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 1: There are a lot of a lot of surprises in this one? And then you were like, you know what, well, you voted for me, Avery, so uh let me get that star. Hey, that's the game you're luck this season so far. I mean, I hope it continues, Tina, because I want more ship like this.
Speaker 3: I need to.
Speaker 4: I mean, I Lisa, you know what it's like going through those games. That's the thing. You hope and pray for those little blessings and those little.
Speaker 3: Things that they normally don't happen though.
Speaker 4: They never they never happened.
Speaker 1: So when they never happened, no, I just go to elimination sh yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 5: And you know what, going walking into that elimination and not knowing one what the fuck they're gonna throw at you or who your opponent. I feel for those people like I I feel for what it feels like when you're waiting for somebody to come out of the curt Totally. I've been on the other side of the curtain where I'm coming out and I'm like, yeah, I'm gonna fuck this shit up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other side was definitely like worse haloid induce.
Speaker 1: It just put down a hammorrhy inducing.
Speaker 4: Well, I clinched. My affle was clinch.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be the opposite at least you went back to the bidet, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't go back to the beday.
Speaker 5: My bowels were fucked up in Africa.
Speaker 1: It's too much.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you're standing there and and your options to go against our Laurel and Nicole, I mean I wouldn't know how i'd feel, but I would.
Speaker 4: Have either one of them. I think I would have been like, whatever this ship. Yeah, you know, like I'm not a tipping by the elimination. I'm not by who I'm going against. I just want to play the game and see how well.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I think that like shows like just your tenacity as a player. I think that speaks to like why you have the name that you have in this game and the energy that you bring.
Speaker 3: Because that's what it's about.
Speaker 1: It's like what am I gonna do today?
Speaker 3: And who is it gonna be against?
Speaker 1: Whatever? Let's throw shit at the wall.
Speaker 3: And see what sticks.
Speaker 5: You want to go against me, let's play, baby, Avery, you want to vote for me, all right, well then you know I mean, it's not like I tell these people what There's no mystery about me whatsoever. And I think that that's where people get confused with my game because they think I'm.
Speaker 4: Always having a game, and I'm going I'm telling you what my game is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you vote this way, I am gonna be forced to believe that you're working for the other side against it, right, So it's gonna be I'm gonna make it difficult for you. M So if you vote for me, and I could and I have involved, but you can take a star. It's it for tap, not the personal, right Avery. If you say it's nothing personal, it's.
Speaker 2: Nothing personal, do you well, why do you think she voted for you if it wasn't personal?
Speaker 4: Because they asked. Because there's there's a whether they show it on.
Speaker 5: TV or not, there is an unspoken organizational thing that we all go through. Each cell, each nucleus, each fucking group of.
Speaker 4: People are organized. So I knew that ship was coming down the pike.
Speaker 3: Who was the organization behind that? Tell us more?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: What's the alliance for me conspiracy theories with Tina Bridges.
Speaker 5: Let's see how accurate this is gonna go. I think that this is where when you start playing the game, you start seeing where people alive, so you see them making their moves.
Speaker 4: Avery made a move against me. She did, and she tried to talk to me, to you know, sweet talk me, and.
Speaker 5: To thinking that she's uh not playing against me and that she's trying to work with me, and that was not the.
Speaker 3: Case I saw clearly.
Speaker 4: So I think she was frustrated because she saw that I was going.
Speaker 5: I was telling her straight up, like I know what move you're gonna make, and I just want to let you know where this is gonna lead.
Speaker 4: It's your choice, not mine. I'm letting you know what's gonna happen, so make your choice. And if she called that bullying, I call her being honest.
Speaker 2: I do feel like it sucks to be called a bully because.
Speaker 5: It's such an easy thing for somebody to call you a bully when you are when they are in the losing end of that right. So I am, yes, I'm talking to you, openly, calmly. I'm telling you you can make whatever choice you want. That's not being a bully, that's laying up fast and let it so. No, no, don't throw that bullyword.
Speaker 1: Around willy nilly, yeah.
Speaker 5: Because it's not that and that's like, you know, like those those kind of things I mean you gotta watch.
Speaker 4: Out for on a channel.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm a quick study.
Speaker 4: It's been a who while since I'm back, and y'all play this game very different.
Speaker 1: No, I think all Stars All Stars is a little bit a little bit more honest and a little bit more it's different.
Speaker 4: Is that more honest? Because you you z you know we can't.
Speaker 1: The older you get, the less you give a shit about what people think of you, especially your opinion. We have nothing to prove. We've already been out there. Yeah you know our story.
Speaker 4: I have been word dirt.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: There's nothing you could say to me that would fucking even phase me.
Speaker 3: Like what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Vote me in? Like, yeah you can, you can.
Speaker 4: You can beat me up, punch of numbers.
Speaker 5: Yeah you're a badass. Okay, get out here, but see you go. Try to do calculus in a college class.
Speaker 3: I would fail miserably. Yeah, Torri, but you sure.
Speaker 4: As I could run and.
Speaker 2: Run against me win me in a Yeah, I don't put me in a math contest.
Speaker 3: And my nephew is beating me and he's six.
Speaker 2: So here's this pot because it's always going to have a group. Yet everything, like you said, we have we all got our weakness.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's what.
Speaker 5: I love about this challenge is because you discover every single time I have gone back and as much as I want to say that I did it for the mine, which.
Speaker 4: I fucking wish I did, so the next thing you got to go for is what is this? What am I gaining out of this? I'm gaining self. I'm getting perspective.
Speaker 5: I know that I'm a ship show. I know that I suck at A, B and C, so I did work on those. That's how I use this ship. That's how I can at this.
Speaker 3: It's a great way to look at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah a, Lisa, how are you taking it at this age? Because you know what before?
Speaker 1: So I'm taking it you know fairly well. I've played on All Stars and the Flagship.
Speaker 3: They're two very different shows.
Speaker 1: And it's just like I know who I am, and yeah, I show up and I play and I do the best I can, and you know, the stories are, the story's already written. The the you know you and you get dealt the cards you do. And I've just learned to accept life as it happens and not distrest necessarily because I can only control how I react to shit. That's the only thing I'm in control over this game. So yeah, let me just let it roll and have fun.
Speaker 3: Like that's all.
Speaker 5: That's how I feel like, that's that's all I can do at this point with this gig, because I know that if I spend two days in the gym.
Speaker 1: Still nothing, it still doesn't matter because you can go.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take Laurel out and a freaking climb.
Speaker 5: Up a pole.
Speaker 1: Shit, just Tina, it doesn't matter. I mean, there are things that you can do that you can't and give yourself credit, you know. I mean yeah, And like this is like the last thing I'll say is like, you have how many people on a cast between twenty and thirty two? Whatever?
Speaker 3: Yeah, one person on All Stars is gonna win. Yeah.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 1: It's like playing the fucking lottery. It is not always a strong.
Speaker 5: It's not always the strongest with the person who spends two days in the gym or the person who go.
Speaker 4: Just two days.
Speaker 1: That would be me, you know, right before you leave. I'm putting in two days.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: Sometimes those have been like the best seasons for people, where like they didn't really train, they didn't do ship, and then they came on and they.
Speaker 4: Like now, like my.
Speaker 5: Goals have changed when I approached this ship. I don't give a fuck about you and your drama and all your bullshit.
Speaker 4: I'm in there for me, bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna just fucking have some fun and have that memories like we did back.
Speaker 4: In the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all I'm here.
Speaker 4: If people like Tori get the fuck out of you.
Speaker 3: She can be beat exactly, and I am beating and he has beaten me.
Speaker 4: But I I.
Speaker 2: It's a fact though, like we were saying, and I love that. That's been like the theme of this conversation. It's just true, like no matter what age you are playing this game, you never know what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: It's just the game ships constantly. You had no idea you were going to get a star in this episode. I loved it for you.
Speaker 2: I I'm betting against it.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you I couldn't because I was looking at t J I could have kissed that man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: When you walked back into the house.
Speaker 2: Now you know, knowing that you have this star and you've kind of like drawn the line in the sand from your perspective with Avery, what is the energy you're going back into the game with and how do you plan? I won the stand with Apy yet, Well, but that's the bit, Well, you took her star.
Speaker 4: I didn't start. I felt like that was a.
Speaker 2: Wash, okay, like tip or tat, Yeah, okay, But I was like, okay, well, you know.
Speaker 1: This is what's gonna happen, Avery, But that's gonna happen with everyone, right, Like you take my star, then I'm gonna come at you, and then once I come for you, like it just a back and forth game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she knows that. She wasn't surprised. That's why you see it on her face. She wasn't surprised.
Speaker 5: She kind of saw coming down the pike. I'm sure there was a little bit of surprise there. Because I don't tell people my news because I can't make it. It's hard for me to really make a choice because I'm always constantly debating it.
Speaker 1: Yet there's just so many nuclei and electrons and an atoms and things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a fuckers are fired and fighting against each other.
Speaker 1: I know they are just coming down the axe on terminal. You know, Tina, I really hope you do another show. I hope that I'm there, because, first of all, there's so much clearly we're gonna have to discuss ural transmitters when we're together out in the corner, and.
Speaker 4: I'm too much of a nerd. I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Fucking just Oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it, you know, I just I just.
Speaker 4: Tried to live life, and you know we're going on the way out, so live it, live it.
Speaker 1: Not the way out. God, it's so dark. I have a question though, that is dark.
Speaker 4: It's so true.
Speaker 1: I know. Do we should we expect more surprises this season? Is it going to be more explosive? Is there more drama? Can you tease anything out without giving away anything?
Speaker 5: I cannot tease anything out because there's so much shit noted up in this season. I am very clear curious to see how they're get to edit the ship that happened. So I'm just gonna be as surprised.
Speaker 4: As you guys.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tina, it is an absolute pleasure talking to you. Always the energy to bring every season, dude, like it's just on match unmatched. Lock unmatched is the only word for it.
Speaker 1: It's so true.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for coming on the podcast. Thank you for all of the tea that you spolled while you were here, and all the entertainment you've bringing us.
Speaker 3: You've brought us for years to come.
Speaker 2: We are looking forward to seeing you absolutely crush this season. Where can we follow you on social media and support you or is there anything else you want to leave the listeners with before we sign off.
Speaker 5: I'm on Twitter Tina Barta and you can find me on Instagram Tina Barta.
Speaker 4: Oh actually I think Twitter's MTV Tina. I'm sure it's something one of those.
Speaker 5: I'm not that active on social media, but just stick to stick to your paranmoun plus, you'll see me down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, we love to hear that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Tina, I love you, Love you. That was a great interview with Tina. She is always colorful, She always brings the energy. There's never a dull moment.
Speaker 2: Tina is a star with a star now and I'm really excited to see how she don't stan on your.
Speaker 4: Face like that.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see the energy she walks in with because like I'm not saying there's a false sense of bravado when you get handed a star, but like, you know, she's got the energy funniest.
Speaker 3: It was hilarious, dude.
Speaker 2: It was like so good and what is and what's gonna I like, only Tina, I mean, like I'm happy for her, and like you said, she's got great energy. So it's just and she gets to be with Veronica and Rachel again, and like, I feel like we haven't gotten to see that dynamic totally flourish like we want to yet I'm excited to watch that happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: I Mean it's just they're so you know, they're just so classic, Like how can you not want to see them thrive and see more of them together. So I'm excited they're going back, You're gonna be in the house together again, and I'm excited for.
Speaker 3: The rest of the season. Me too. It's so good. Yeah, where can we follow you and send you love?
Speaker 1: Anissa on social media? Oh good, thank god. I thought you're gonna say something weird to put my DMS again. I'm on Instagram. Just find me there, Anissa MTV. That's a n E s A MTV. That's it. I do have a link tree. It's not as long and beautiful as tories, but it exists. If you want to take a sneak peek tory, where can they find you? Support you click on your link tree and find all your fun shit.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Anisa, I appreciate you so much.
Speaker 2: You guys can follow me at Tory Underscore deal on Instagram, And honestly, if you're just you know you want to send me some love cool. Better than that, you should send me ways to get over carsickness, because I'm just afraid that if I got to go on a challenge like we saw today again, it's gonna be puke everywhere.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows that's what happens. Literally thought about you the minute I.
Speaker 1: Saw it, I was like I would die.
Speaker 2: So anyway, if you guys have any tips on how to deal with motion sickness, please send him.
Speaker 1: I would love to hear it in the inbox.
Speaker 2: And thanks for joining us for another episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast. If you liked this episode, rate and review us on Spotify or Apple podcasts, and.
Speaker 3: Definitely tell your friend.
Speaker 1: And remember you can watch The Challenge All Stars four and more on Powermount Plus.
Speaker 2: And we'll see you next time on MTV's official Challenge pod. Yes,