Speaker 1: Well well, and another well, the MAVs are off to a great start, a blinding start, some would say, so are the Timberwolves. And meanwhile we have the ascension of one Tyreese Maxi of the seventy six ers. And we'll also talk about some bad businesses decisions almost stumbled over that because some of these decisions were questionable. And we have even more with comedian Blacks what did I just say?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: And even more with comedian Fudy Weestler on today's episode. Leave that in Brian. I'm Miles Gray, non producer Jabari and this is Miles and Joe Barby.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we got mad Boosty.
Speaker 1: Davis.
Speaker 3: God, here you be.
Speaker 1: Driving spinning curry, a three quarter stop corry from the town again honest territy, Hello, Bles Wakeler, good to have you on.
Speaker 4: Hi so good here as tres Lester is Yeah, trials play.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I ble blexed that one, Davis.
Speaker 2: You know why.
Speaker 1: It's because I know you well enough that I don't even have to look at the script and then I can just get hungue tied, just with all my excitement for having you on the show. Blake, you have your first hour, your hour comedy special on the YouTube Daddy Long Legs. People should check into that. I think for people who listen to the other podcast that Jack and I do, the Daily Gust, they've seen, they've heard, they know how hilarious you are. But this one is good and you want people to go check it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just came out about a month ago. A bunch of people have watched it, A lot of people from the Zeitgeist family have watched it, and yeah, it is very proud of it, incredibly proud of it. I I stand behind that comedy Okay, so yeah, yeah, check it out.
Speaker 5: Check it out. You'll love You'll you will like it. You will like it or you're wrong.
Speaker 2: What would make you more proud that comedy special or a Sixers title this year?
Speaker 4: And it's not even close. It's a thing where I've turned my back in a way and I am a very positive person, so it to be negative like this is so it's not like me and it's their fault because I now am like, oh, okay, I'm negative. It's like, no, you're not. They did this. The Sixers did this to you. They fundamentally altered your personality for the worst and not even talking about my life.
Speaker 5: It's just my what do I have?
Speaker 4: Not my personality? So yet it is I it's just it makes me sick. And now they're doing the thing. I'm sure we'll get to it, but I know so many people who are saying, Blake, let's go to a Sixers game, Blake, do this, and I go no, because I'm not stupid, I'm not dumb. Will only make the same mistake nine years in a row, and I'm done doing It's so I'm not doing ten. I'm not doing But how are you? I mean, I know that that come back. Look, we know we.
Speaker 1: Know Sixers fans well, they're part of our lives. We care about them deeply, and this always happens. We're like, I mean, look at where Look at the state of the seventy six ers currently eight straight at the time of this recording. Okay, we have Tyrese Maxi putting up fifty points, okay, and be putting up thirty seven as a duo. They're dynamic. What what what? What could you be upset about? Who's been playing like this? That's well, Chamberlain, You're right, that's that's this little the dipper.
Speaker 4: I think he's one of the biggest dippers I've ever seen by the way people have challenged me on that, but I would say, as dippers go, one of the biggest and if not the biggest. So this is the problem with this team, is that the torture that I and my six Ers family and by that I mean the O'Brien family have been through during since the process is they are eight and one and they also have it's a fun in theory, it's a fun core. And here's the thing with I'm the biggest Embiid fan. I love Embiid throughout this journey. Embiid personality wise, love him, not his fault that he would get hurt, but he is complicit and part of through no fault or of his own sometimes and his fault directly a part of the torture where you know he would get sick. He got elbowed in the face, like there's just been bad luck associated with Embid, even when he won the MVP. So now we have this team Satan won and there's Tyres Maxi, which is so close to drawing me back in because he's a guy so close where we weren't even gonna get So he is the Marquel Folts.
Speaker 5: That was promised, you know.
Speaker 4: And he is so good and he's he's something that the seventy six ers team has never been, which is pure joy and happiness. And he's young, and the way he plays, he's having fun. He always has a smile on his face, and his game is so perfectly complimentary to Joel Embiide and the way that he has grown. Where I can't remember, there was this first overall pick that we had who just refused to play and practice with the cell phone in his pocket.
Speaker 5: Went to Brooklin. Then thank thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: So he did not evolve his game, he didn't learn to to shoot. And then you have Maxi who has worked on improving his game and look how great he's been. I'm so close to being drawn back in, and we almost didn't get him. Literally, it was like a pick that if Oklahoma City had lost the final game of the year, that pick would have turned into a second round pick. And yet somehow we got that pick for of Tyrese Maxy and he fell in the draft after he went to Kentucky. So I'm I'm getting close to being drawn back in, but I am proud of myself I'm going I'm not going back in though I do love Tyrae Maxty and I'm cheering for him and Embiid obviously, but I hope the Sixers get moved to Newark.
Speaker 2: But okay, so with all of that, you just said eight games literally unlocked, being if you know, if you will, Tobias Harris playing well, Nick Nurse, the new system, everything looks great. Embiid honestly, every every bit as good, if not better than his MVP year. Yeah, Yet I don't know if I believe that.
Speaker 1: I feel like I know you're back. You don't want to admit your back because I feel deep down you know you're going to meet your best friend in the second round, and then if you start the timer all over again, I know that's what's going on. There's no way I look at this and not be like yes and know that it's it's obviously doing harm to you. But that's just how addiction works. Sometimes you're like, honey, but it's okay, let's just do one more ride.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you something?
Speaker 4: All of my comedic and wanting to be a good guest sensibilities right now want to yes and you and be like you're right, I'm back in. I can't even do it. I honestly, I'm so far out I can't even be on it. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: You are watching.
Speaker 4: I'm dabb I. I'm watching because it's just in there exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what I know. But it's but you're not back I get. But you are beholding You're beholding the.
Speaker 4: Psch the vision. I'm not even ducking my head around a corner. I'm doing one of those things in a war movie where I have like that mirror that doesn't exist anywhere, but these people have for some reason in war where the angle man it like around the corner and look to see if there's like a person poknon trying to shoot you. That what I'm doing where I don't I don't want. It's a meduce the situation. When you're not watching the Sixers straight on and watching them through a mirror in my.
Speaker 1: Just to make just to give some distance. You're like, well, this is actually the play happened in the reverse visually of what I actually saw, because it's.
Speaker 4: Being mirror exactly exactly and real quick as good as the vibes are right now, Kelly Ubray, who's having his best season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just got hit by a car. I know, that's great.
Speaker 4: Just the Philadelphia driver hit him, hit and run and he's fine, thank god, Like he has a fractured rip. But I think and also just period, thank god he's okay full stop. And then also he should be playing I think again probably in a couple of weeks. Like he's it's not a season ending thing, which is.
Speaker 1: Said that he came to practice that as we record this, it said he like rode the bike and was, you know, on on his way. So that's good. So it's not it's not too too messed up.
Speaker 4: But I get flies in the league. First team, all eyes, all eyes the list again.
Speaker 2: Okay, Max great, Joel Embi great, Nick Nurse, Hey, welcome, welcome here, Welcome to the city of brotherly love. Tobias is playing well, eight and one start, you know, leading the Eastern Conference. Kelly Ubray, you know, having a great year, and you know, knock on back, you know, playing well, and Kelly Oubray's eyes and we still can't get you to go there.
Speaker 5: It's the eyes.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a combination of his eyes and when Maxi, Maxi's the bridge back in and obviously embid. Two, it's now Here's God, I I really need It's I'm in therapy. So it is like it's a thing that I hope my therapist doesn't listen to, as she's gonna be like, oh, he doesn't listen to a word I say. But yeah, if I do get dragged back in, it's obviously going to be first and foremost Maxie, Nick Nurse. It's hard to even acknowledge that there's a coach on this team ever. So you know, like Brett Brown when he was there, he didn't deliver really, but he was such a likable I see watching this guy get tortured by this ridiculous even that. You know, Doc Rivers has shortcomings. Of course, I think he's a little underrated. I think Doc Rivers takes more crap than he deserves. But and now you have Nick Nurse, who seems like he's like, uh, he plays acoustic guitar and he's interesting, I guess, And we're full closed. But yeah, it'll it'll be I think MAXI will probably end up bringing me back in until he retires midseason, probably for no reason.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm actually I want good things for you, you know, because I don't want people to get caught in their cynicism, you know, unless you know, maybe you have the misfortune of liking the Clippers or something. But I don't want somebody to get caught in this cycle of underachieving and frustration. I want you to have belief, you know, because I think it's a beautiful thing, and I certainly like watching it's so funny because even though I see it happen every year, I'm like, oh, yeah, they're they're cooking, let's go. Yeah, and then but it's just so funny. I feel like there's more people, like maybe all the Philly fans are just willing it into distance with their negative like yeah, wait till the second round and.
Speaker 5: Then we're right back. But hey, it's so buddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll see they are on paper more fun and we'll see they'll probably add a like a third person where I know a lot of fans. Sixers fans want like a Zach Lavigne, you take them, should take them.
Speaker 2: Lakers fans are also saying the same exact thing, and funny, they're.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, maybe maybe him. I'm like, let's let's not get too caught up in the recency bias. Here, let's take a let's take an expanded view of what we're talking about here.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, yeah, I think it's more that he's gettable for those reasons that you're just saying. I think you're alluding to. But right, yeah, who knows. We'll see, Yeah, we'll see, We'll see. I'm so damaged.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Time in on this one. Are they playing like the best duo in the league right now? I recognize it on paper?
Speaker 1: Now you don't have to say they're gonna win ever, you know, win at all, but best duo in the league.
Speaker 5: Thank you for handling me with pig glove.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I do believe they are playing that way. And also, you know, Embiid does get moody. You can't blame him, and it's he's had difficulty in the past connecting with, say like a Ben Simmons, and he seemed to get along well enough with Harden, But it does seem like there's I think he used the phrase big brother little brother situation with him and MAXI, And I think if you have a guy that much younger than Embiid is and who does not divert but defer to embiid when the time's right, and also helps his game spreads the floor. It is a really special combo, right, So yeah, I think right now they're incredibly Who would you have in that conversation other like Jalen Brunson and Joshuard who else?
Speaker 5: But you put in as the di bad to us?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, like the obvious ones are the big names, or like Brown and yeah, yeah, yeah, Jayleen Brown and Dylan Brooks clearly or no, excuse me, dumb, Jalen Green and Dylan Brooks clearly, No, Tatum and uh and and jay and Jayalen Brown. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I threw you a whole bunch of names that have and jumbled and you're doing great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's It's like, if we talk about the most popular name in the league.
Speaker 2: They've got like seven jalens on Okac's roster. I don't know how that's possible, but yeah, looking Katie Giannis and Dame right now, those names are bigger. But I think I actually think that those are those that combo was playing the best so far.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so. Through nine, Yeah, through the night.
Speaker 1: It felt like sure at the end of the season, like everybody was pointing at the numbers of book and KD and like yeah. That was like yeah, and then there I get that the Giannis and Dame thing, the excitement there. But I was just asking Jabari before recording, I'm like, but what is Dame actually doing? Because I remember in the beginning I saw some great moments and I was like, Okay, they're off to something. But then I'd like then it maybe two weeks ago I was catching again. I'm like, okay, is he does he like playing defense? And now I was asking job I'm like, where where are the numbers there to support it? Or is it? Does he seem a little deflated? I think it's three.
Speaker 4: I've heard that his three point or that he hasn't been shooting threes as well, But I may have seen that on the ESPN bottom line four weeks ago. And now I'm repeating it as if it's fact.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, Jabari, where are we at?
Speaker 2: It's still facts. He's he's shooting in the twenties and you know from from deep shooting like thirty seven percent from the floor. He's never you know, he's never shot an incredible percentage from the floor because he shot so many threes.
Speaker 1: Right, well, really what you know, and look like this is.
Speaker 2: Me from the outside looking in. What it appears is is that they're still going to have to figure that roster out around him, whether that means bringing in complimentary players to actually help him out. You know, you're honest, you know what you're going to get. And and he's and he's he's still been playing incredibly well. You know, he had a fifty four point night the other night. And I do think that Dame will eventually settle into his own but part of me does think that it it really is a bigger adjustment than a lot of us, you know, anticipated, in terms of going from being like the big fish in a small pond all of a sudden, No, you're expected to win a title this year alongside you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels a little bit like I don't know, like just the perceived slump in his performance, like there's no way the not going to Miami thing isn't affecting him. Like I just it's hard for me to believe that because that was like that was like me Christmas of nineteen ninety two with the Super Nintendo.
Speaker 2: I was like I need that.
Speaker 1: It's like Smeiegele with it. You know what I mean, he shout out to my parents for not letting me go full gollum and giving me the console of my choice. But yeah, I feel like that there's no way that isn't affecting you as as a like your performances. I know, obviously as a professional you should be able to switch gears. And I know there were the rumors are like, dude, he will not play if it is not Miami. And I bet obviously some of that is hyperbole to try and further a deal, but I'm sure on some level that is rooted in some kind of truth for him personally, and I think maybe, I don't know, Hopefully it's just a matter of time and you can figure it out, but yeah, I don't know. It does seem like it's not quite clicking.
Speaker 4: He is also a six to thirty three year old, you know where it's like he has his game like an insult.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it is al but like just in general, like you're not even the context of basketball if you're just like, dude, you're a six to thirty three year old. I don't know why that.
Speaker 5: Get out of my face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like gen Z, it's like, yeah, gen Z, insults that just cuts you to your core, like, wow, that was very cool. Anyway, sorry, anyway, he's a six foot two thirty.
Speaker 4: Three year old six foot two thirty three year old ed which I would, you know, tear an arm off to have someone say something like that about me.
Speaker 5: But it's his body has put like he does have kind of some.
Speaker 4: Rough mileage on his body carrying those teams, and you know it's I think like in later in this season, I'm sure there'll be like in a ten game stretch where he's like, I have a sore knee or whatever, and then he'll recover and then they'll be like the most dangerous team in the league. But you know, it is there is also a point to be made, like it's it's he's put hard Miles on his body and now he's like in a new situation. To Miles's point, he didn't get to go to the team that he wanted to go to, and he's not the star anymore. Yes, yeah, yeah, obviously.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, let's take a break and we'll come back and we'll talk a little bit more. Maybe some Luca, maybe some joker who knows to grab bag. We'll be right back, and we're are back. I said, we're are That's uh, that's not proper English. How about this one and we're back? Aha, got it. Let's talk a little bit, Uh, Luca and the MAVs. They're doing pretty well. I'd say they're doing pretty well. Although it's funny because a lot of our guests over the like off season, they were doing a lot of there were a lot of their hot takes. We're like, watch the MAVs not even get a whiff of the postseason, or like, or it's gonna be, you know, early lights out for them in the postseason. But and I get obviously it's so early, but they're they're starting from a decent place. I'd say, yeah, Look I was.
Speaker 2: I was on the opposite end of that, and I'll be honest with you. I thought I might be wrong about this, and then might I might be going out on a limb. But I felt like they had a great offseason. You know, obviously, you know, if you've been paying attention to the Mavericks over the last like say or probably in their entire existence, but over the last decade, they hadn't had a lot of productive offseasons. It was always like Oh, they went after this guy didn't quite get them. Oh, they went after the guy didn't quite get them. But you know, they've solidified the roster. It looks significantly better. Luca may finally be the MVP that a lot of people have been begging for him to be for the last like seemingly three four years. You know, he's only been in the league five to sixty eight years. Yeah, and you know what, the Kyrie thing, While I personally may have had reservations or questions about it, at the very least right now it's working. So yeah, the things look good for them, especially when you know when Luca himself personally plays the Clippers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the Clippers had the misfortune of intersecting with this MAVs team recently, and Luca has a bit of he kind of has their number, Like he likes to turn up against the Clippers. So in that game, he had forty four points on seventeen from seventeen to twenty one from the floor. They went on a thirty four to thirty five to four run in the second quarter, and like, what's the Like he's always going like above his average, Like he's overperforming right against the Clippers. Davari.
Speaker 2: Yeah, against them in the regular season, he's a thirty three nine and eight guy. It gets even worse than the postseason thirty four, nine and ten. You know, he scored forty or more against them eleven times in a regular season in postseason combined, and he even went for fifty one last you know, last February. It's one of those things where when this Clippers you know, team was put together, and not to take it away from you know, not to take it away from Luca, but when this Clippers team was put together, they were you know, respected journalists and analysts asking questions like who's going to score on this team? Who on the perimeter is going to score with it? Well, I'll tell you it might be a few years later, but it doesn't matter. Luca is the answer to that question.
Speaker 4: This is interesting too, where like I have this weird boy, this Tim Hardaway bias where he's stuck in my head as the guy who is a part of that wild Porzingis trade in twenty nineteen as kind of a throw in. But now there's players like that where they have a lot of hype around them and they don't meet that hype. But then after time you can kind of reset that hype where now they're not being paid in that way anymore, and they now like their role changes and become like a complimentary player. And I think this version of I'm also laughing where you sorry you have Lukatags is one of the like objectively the most interesting player in the league. And I'm rambling about Tim Hardaway right now, but this is a good complimentary player version of him where he comes off the bench, he's giving you, like whatever pass view is like fourteen to seventeen points. His three point percentage is like pretty good. And obviously Kyrie Irving he's just such a hard guy to even acknowledge, but he is very like, you know, they still have a Kyrie Irvings. So yeah, they're an exciting I think like a lot of bias in the off season was Kyrie's gonna blow up and then you know, Luca, as amazing as he is, hasn't put it all together yet and that which is scary because he's still like one of the best players in the league.
Speaker 5: But now they are clicking in a crazy way, right Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just also the Clippers, we saw you know, former seventy six er James Harden come come home, you know, to Southern California, and I think, I mean a lot of people were like, how, what's what's how is this gonna go? It seems to be going not good at all. And I'm not trying to make jokes because they're literally on and four with him.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I'm like I was telling Jack before even we recorded. I was like, man, don't know what's going on. Jack was like, ah, just I feel bad for him, feel bad for him. I'm curious, how do you what? What's your how you know from Blake from Black's Wakeler from what how are you? How are you looking at?
Speaker 3: What is happening with with Harden and the Clippers right now? They're my new favorite team. That's who I cheered for now. No, it's so I always loved James Harden. Where I had an Arizona State James Harden jersey. Yeah yeah, And I also it was the year it was him and Oj Mayo.
Speaker 4: I think was like that, like I I scooped up a bunch of weird college jerseys that year where I had Arizona State James Harden, I had Oj Mayo Southern California and then Michael Beasley Kansas State, and I really really blew through my allowance that year. But so with James Harden, I was psyched for him to become a sixer because I thought he could become because on paper, the guy led the league in the sists last year, which is I think he had over eleven assists per game, over twenty two point or over twenty points whatever he scored. And you're like, oh, this guy seems like on paper the perfect running mate, or it seems as if he's accepted his role now as an aging guy who can't like get off the ground anymore and but still can be a very useful player. But he hasn't accepted that role. He still thinks that he's a top at worst a top four player in the league, and he wants to be paid like it, and that is that's why he's not in Philadelphia anymore. So now you put him on a team, and it's I do want him to do it, because I've always cheered for Harden, like when he, like in his prime, was one of the most fun players I think to watch. It was also infuriating how he would go like foul fishing, but like, still I didn't mind that, and I.
Speaker 5: Would love to see this Clippers team.
Speaker 4: It's classic, this Clippers team where it's all based on p and Shoal rather than what is where you know, it was the same thing with Paul George. He hasn't just hasn't been healthy. And then you have James Harden who thinks that he should still be the number one option on any team. And it's not that surprising. I don't it'll even out, but it's been weird to watch for sure them be this bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a fan of a team that started two and ten last season and then we're able to pick themselves out of the gutter, I do. I'm with you in terms of it doesn't have to stay this way, but part of me and I'm and you know what Clippers fans, you know, like all twelve of you guys out there. I'm not I'm not ragging when I say this, but what I will say is the only way this changes is if one of either James Harden or Russell Russell Westbrook accepts coming off the bench and accepts a significantly lesser role. And I'm gonna be honest with you, I just don't see that taking place. Now. Maybe they can have some players players meetings, and you know, Kawhi can sit there and not say anything, and you know, Paul George can you know, maybe you know, maybe chime in and you know whatever. But honesty, guy James Harden came in and said, I am not just a player. I am a system. I am the system. That's not a guy that's going to adjust anytime soon. And while I don't have any personal beef with him, part of me will continue to enjoy the sadness that Clippers fans are experiencing.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, I mean the system itis. You know you can't you saw that clip that was going on Twitter when they were playing Memphis, right oh, when he now, sir, sir, this is a family show. This is a family show. Like when he was the way he was, the way he was wiping his souls, like this was like high school, like man, watch this because you know the camera's only here to watch me, right, kind of energy to only get reject did twice because was that an airball or was a blocked.
Speaker 2: I think it was a block. He goes, he gets the rebound and he gets blocked again.
Speaker 1: Then he got blocked again, and you're like, well that's well, hey, sometimes it's hard. It's it's hard to acknowledge, you know it kind of the reality of the situation. But hey, I think I'm sure something will occur. I've heard the rumor, like their rumors, you know, flying that like, you know, Kawhi is really not not really not enjoying what's happening. I think, to put it lightly, which understandably.
Speaker 2: So all I know is when Kawhi, when you know, chose to go there rather than accepting the Lakers offer, he said, I don't want the silly basically, I'll paraphrase, because like I'm just basing his own the eyes that you know that he made, But I don't want that nonsense. I don't want the you know, all of the stuff that comes along with super teams just trying to get thrown together. Yeah, that's exactly what he's got now. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, my mother always said, if you don't have something positive to say on a podcast, go to commercial break. And that's what we're gonna do. We'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 6: Oh, Blex Wakler, if it isn't my arts nemesis, you have wandered into the podcast hot seat.
Speaker 1: The sports Podcasting hot Seat, the fastest sports question an answering segment in all podcast history, all sports podcasting history, all NBA sponsored podcast history, all NBA. I heart collaborative podcasts that are co produced together history To get even more specific, host series specific by someone whose family has a background in basketball coaching and another one who does not, but is Blazian. That is all we can say. We do have that is undisputable. Here we are. It's the fourth quarter round of questioning.
Speaker 5: No, it's you can't poke holes in that statement you just made. It is undisputed.
Speaker 1: Try it. I can't, I won't. I'm trying to my other podcast. Their lawyer's trying to come for us, and I say, did you hear how specific I got? I didn't say anything that was untrue? Okay, And if you want a debate those other things like Jack or Ice family lineage, that's a whole other podcast we're doing. That's a sponsored one. That's a deep dive into our genealogy. But anyway, that's great.
Speaker 5: You've had a sponsor for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, difficult, Yeah, yeah, it's difficult. It's difficult, but hey, when you get specific, they love it. Now, let's get to the fourth quarter of Rabbit Rapid Fire Rounders questioning. We are going to ask you a question. Don't think about it, you just respond, don't show boat. Keep it quick, keep it right, keep it tight. Are you ready? Brian?
Speaker 2: Start the claw? Bright? I'm sorry he yielded you you too.
Speaker 1: Brian's okay, he's he played in a lot of bands, so his his hearing isn't great. That's why I do it. It's it's not anger. It's a volume thing.
Speaker 4: Okay for a rapid round. You sure are waiting into this slowly? Wait, we're gonna get to this at some point. Lord, what is happening?
Speaker 2: You know what? Okay? No, you know what.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, I respect, I respect your game. I wasn't not familiar with your game. I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, question number the first, HM, why you go? Actually? Are you all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Blake? Are you ready?
Speaker 5: I just want to make sure already?
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking Brian.
Speaker 2: You're ready, Brian, Let's hold.
Speaker 1: Let's get a confirmation. Are you with us? Can just put in the chat?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Sorry? Sorry, sorry, okay, Blake coming up first.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Brian's ready, hold on, Oh please keep this okay, this is the whole show. This has always been the show. All right, So we're good, We're good, We're good.
Speaker 2: Let's go all right, Blake, Yeah, give us your best hot take for this NBA season. I know it's already started, and you can kind of get away with sheeting and acting like you made it at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give it to fire it off.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: The Wemby will not win Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: Oh hm, I like that.
Speaker 4: I don't think that body is gonna hold up. I think he's gonna miss some gay. I hope he doesn't. I hope he's healthy the whole season. Yeah, I think who's winning? I'm not going to be chat. Uh, it's I can't I can't think because a lot of people are pitting picking. I I guess chet Homeroom is probably the second most favored. But the kid not Barn Scotty Miller. Yeah, yea, yeah, yeh yeah, yah yeah yeah yeah, I got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, you're here for is winning?
Speaker 1: Okay? Like you know Philadelphia pretty well, don't you?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 5: How Why why I'm from I'm from I'm also living here currently.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, fine, fine, I guess I'll take that as I guess I'll take that as evidence that you know, something's kind of you. How about this, one of these gotta go the Philly cheese steak, Tasty Cakes for Rita's water ice.
Speaker 5: He stuck the landing on the water too. I want tasty cakes out.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you just don't like to taste for me.
Speaker 4: I just think it's just what they almost killed Bill Clinton, and that's why. And I don't want to elaborate, but I will. He had I think he would have them flown into uh DC, and that's obviously not why. I just like the other things a lot more. For me, it's cheese steaks, Rita's, and then tasty cakes.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like, I didn't know what else to put, to be honest, if I was, if I just can be transparent about how I was forming this question, I didn't know if to put like a HOGI also because obviously that's a that's a staple thing or like a like one of like a roast pork, you know, I know that's another that's another thing you guys like out there.
Speaker 4: But I okay, I'm glad unwarranted aggression. Yeah, if you want I wanted to go, or hostility.
Speaker 1: Towards the members of your sports teams, one of the one of these Philadelphia stables has to go. Okay, okay, like.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate your thorough answer there, but I gotta be honest. This is the rapid that's right.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm sorry, it's not Blake's breaking down.
Speaker 2: Okay, not the breakdown, even though that's you know what, Let's pitch that.
Speaker 5: That's happening off Mike, I'm around.
Speaker 2: You can go back in time. You can permit either A there's a there's one right answer here, Okay, yeah, you can permit either AI for Philly Chuck to make a run with this particular squad, which one are you choosing to take that ride? And don't get this.
Speaker 5: Wrong, it has to be a I.
Speaker 1: That has to Brian.
Speaker 2: Brian cut his Mike, Let's get the hell out of here.
Speaker 5: You're going with Barkley.
Speaker 2: I'm a I'm a Barkley.
Speaker 1: Stand so that I'm telling you, I'm I'm with you, Blake.
Speaker 4: I'm a Barkley stands. Just no one can touch AI. Also, Bubba Chuck is one of AI's many nicknames, so I thought, I'm like, wait, it's Philly Chuck.
Speaker 5: Do you want to call him Billy Chuck? Or Ai?
Speaker 2: You got of Chuck when he was in fil Rebound? If you will?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and I will and and and why Ai? Why this? I believe his name is Alan Iverson?
Speaker 5: Sure for sure? Sure to me he is.
Speaker 4: He's now, Yes, the vice president of Rebok Basketball Alan Iverson. Congrat congratulations to him, which that is a cool story. I really like that a lot. But Ai is one of the most I would say it's hard to find a more interesting athlete, not even just in basketball than he is. Where what he did bringing like like to the culture in the NBA and how people hold him on a pedestal where I've never seen when you see him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, okay, more on that later. We got to really keep this moving, Blake. So the next question, so if you go back.
Speaker 5: In history, no, I don't believe, not genesis of this was.
Speaker 1: We have to keep this moving because you are you're putting this. The lawyers are calling you right now. They're like, this is not rap.
Speaker 5: I don't want to get you in trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay. The next one.
Speaker 2: Next one.
Speaker 1: If an alien came down, m h right up to your door, knock knocked, guess who you open the door, and the aliens like you need to prove you are a Sixers fan. I don't know how you prove this to me, But prove to me you are a Sixers fan, or I am taking you away in this yere spaceship. What do you do or say to show them? Prove to them that you are in fact a Philadelphia six Ers fan And they go, oh okay, I.
Speaker 5: Like you fluff off.
Speaker 4: I would open my robe to reveal the fact that I'm wearing an Eric snow jersey, and then I'd say good day, sir, and I'd shut the door.
Speaker 2: That the alien would say, all right, yeah you got it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have a trip to go on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Second time the Philly Freezer.
Speaker 1: Second though, you want my spaceship. I realized I'm not built for any of this anymore. Shift to my core.
Speaker 5: It tosses me the keys. They have keys.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's the Mazda.
Speaker 2: Wait what all right? You're doing? You can take two players from all of history to create your special edition Mad Boosti's NBA Jam Team. Which two players are you taking beyond you know, Charles Markley, of.
Speaker 5: Course beyond Barkley.
Speaker 4: I'm taking the glove Gary Paide because he will get you the ball back, the swipe, his ability to get steals, swipe from half court. They called him the glove. I called him the swipe. I would go iverson and then wait, is there an I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I meant, I meant Gary paid, Gary paid. And you know what, I'm going camp too. I'm going to keep it in the family. I'm going to keep it on the nineties that they were so much fun to play with. What if I was like a debt left Shrimp and Dirk Navitsky to be too.
Speaker 2: I would say, oh, I see what I see what time it is?
Speaker 1: Smiths?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh man okay. And last question, Yeah, this is important man. I want you to look us dead in our eyes when you answer this. Pick one Jabari or Miles. Go right now, go Miles. What does that mean?
Speaker 5: I'm going I'm going Jabbari because he books this.
Speaker 2: Here it is I mean, it makes this to me. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: Jack still catches raise out here.
Speaker 4: Look, look how replaceable this show is. Like people on this show? Jack, you can just have anyone come in, you know whereas like your bar.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anyways strange, everybody's kind of straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one's safe when the street sweepers out here.
Speaker 5: Miles was just available.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, oh my gosh. Well, Blake Wexler, thank you so much for joining us on this edition of Mad Boosties. Where do people find you? See you, follow you, hear you all that kind of fantastic stuff.
Speaker 5: Thank you. This was so this was an absolute blast. Thank you for having me. I would love to do it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always good happen. And my our special Blake Wexler Daddy long Legs is streaming on YouTube. I'm gonna be in Ashville December first doing stand up and I have a new show, weekly show in Brooklyn, New York where first one December sixteenth at Gowannis and go on as at Strong Rope Breweries. So December sixteenth, eight pm free the first one, So come out.
Speaker 1: Nice, yeah, enjoy some comedy and some SuDS while you do that, and you can find us. First of all, you can follow the show on at hashtag mad not at hashtag but hashtag Matt Busky's thank you so much. Where you know you can. You can. You can stay you know, abreast with all the findings and developments that we have on the show, including new episodes things of that nature. And then you can find me on Twitter and all that kind of stuff at Miles of Gray, Jabui where they find you.
Speaker 2: I'm at Jubori Davis, NBA. Make sure you find Jack at Jack Underscore.
Speaker 1: Brad all right, all right, and yeah, that'll do it for us this week. We're going to be back next week because so is the NBA, so you can guarantee that we'll see you. Then take care, Bye, Yer.