Speaker 1: I'm Tamika d.
Speaker 2: Mallory and it's your boy my Son.
Speaker 1: In general, we are your host of t M I.
Speaker 3: Tamika and my Son's Information, Truth, Motivation and Inspiration.
Speaker 1: New name, New Energy. But what's up my song?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: I'm on my no makeup for the second one?
Speaker 4: There you go?
Speaker 1: Well, going back to makeup. I decided as I was looking at the video from last.
Speaker 2: Week, Oh why it's cool.
Speaker 1: Because you know what? It is cool? Like, Actually, I've really been feeling so free. I still always laugh. I know we talked about the sun the show before, but when Alicia Key says she wasn't wearing makeup no more, people were so upset and they're like, why did everybody's going crazy? And I remember Swiss being like, so let me just get this stray. You're mad about somebody else's face and what she's gonna wear on her face. Like she didn't say you don't need to wear makeup. She says she's not gonna weird makeups anyway. I just you know, first of all, I'm just tired of it period for a while. Just needed a break. Skin sometimes needed to break. I had a great facial didn't want to put any makeup on, and so that's just it is what it is. However, on camera you can see the dark rings from not getting enough rest and certain things that come through.
Speaker 2: So I think we're going.
Speaker 1: Back to it. But you know what, I truly want to force myself in the authenticity of who I am and you know whatever, to just have a balance where you don't always have to show up.
Speaker 2: You don't need that's none needed.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you want to do it here, but it shouldn't be like a requirement for you to move around.
Speaker 1: Or be on Yandy was on TV. She had a collaboration or she brought Porsche into a collaboration that she did with Bloomingdale's and they had an interview in Atlanta on a local news station to talk about the products and the collaboration and all the things, which is a big moment. Congratulations to Yandy, and congratulations to Yandy. Just shout out to her for being the type of person that's going to bring somebody else to the table. Portia has I don't know what you call it. It's lenen bed linen, which actually feels amazing, like literally her linen is amazing. I have them. It is amazing, and so again Yandy brought her into the collaboration. But the point of this is that on the interview that they did, Yandy didn't wear makeup. And it's not I mean, it's very vulnerable to show up in front of these lights and camera without your coverage of blemishes and under your eyes and all of that. But what she said, which I respect, is that here I am promoting a skin care line, sometimes I have to show people what the actual rawness of my skin looks like. Not that she's not gonna wear makeup. Of course she's gonna wear makeup. We love it, We doll ourselves up. But every now and then I have to be able to show people my skin. If I'm not comfortable wearing my skin as a person who owns the skincare line, then how I'm going to encourage you to get your skin together and then just pack it down and don't show the.
Speaker 3: World doesn't make sense, And you know, and shout out to Syandy, because that's one thing I love about Yandy. Yandy does not have a problem with being vulnerable. This is just who she is. She's she's from the hood, like she's just down the earth. She's raw and I just love it. That's why, you know, we have such a dope relationship. And shout out to her, Shout out to Porsche, you know, for promoting what they have in Bloomingdale's.
Speaker 1: I have open doors to the two Black lakes, two black women keep on moving, and that's a good thing. There are other black products in many of the Department's stores at this point, And there was a time when it really like wasn't like, let's just be clear that it may have been in one or two, but not to the point where Yandy could get a partnership with Bloomingdale's and then they say okay, and we're gonna bring Portia in as well, Like that just wasn't a thing that was happening. So you know this, it's a great thing. But you know, overall, I think the sisterhood is one thing. But the as you said, vulnerability of Yandy it made me be like, yeah, like why why why? And I love my makeup artist, Tatiana, because she's like all for it, like she could be getting paid, but she's like, you should actually wear your skin because it's it's good skin.
Speaker 2: There. Shut out to Tati.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's talk about my thought of the day. At this point, everyone who's anyone, everybody, even the people that's not on the internet, even people who don't watch TV, have witnessed the horrific, horrific video of Puffy beating, brutalizing, abusing Cassie. Everybody's seen it. It made me sick to my stomach. I mean because, for one, as I said several weeks ago, when all of this stuff, all of this first started, and when the lawsuit came out, and you know, when a Cassie sued him and all of that, I said that you can love someone. People know that I have a close relationship with Puff, and you know, you can love someone and they can do something really wrong, and you got to just be able to say it's just wrong. It's no, it's there's nothing. Some people said, well you didn't say this or that. There's nothing to say except it is wrong. And if anybody's looking for me to try to make up the reason, well when he was a kid, da da, I'm not doing any of that because it's just wrong and it's horrific and it's hurtful and that's just it, period, right, And it just made me think about another piece because one of the things that I saw after Cassie released her statement in which she said, believe women, you know, the first time they tell you their stories. And I saw all these people like, yeah, you know, we should be believing folks. We shouldn't need a video. We need to be able to immediately believe what we see. And that's it. And why is it that a video had to be present in order for people to condemn the actions and to believe what she was saying happened to her. I was thinking in this past couple of weeks where we commemorated the life of George Floyd, that I hope people are able to keep that same exact energy of believing victims who've been brutalized without a video, because the same people who are saying we should believe Cassie, you know, Cassie and others the first time that they say something, these will be the same people that are be in my comment section like, well, I see the part where the cop beat them up, but I need to know what happened before that. I need to know what happened off camera. I need to be able to see the parts that I didn't see so I can know exactly what happened. And if it had not been for George Floyd being choked to death the way that he was on TV, they would have told you the story about an incident which is alleged. I've never even had a conversation with his family members about this, so all I can say is they say that he hit a pregnant woman. Then they would tell you about the fentanyl that was in his system. They would have told people those things, and I promise you the movement would not have been the same if people did not see him his life literally leave his body. It has been that, and the stories and the cases go on and on, and in fact, there are people who did not see the video of Breonna Taylor being shot to death who still don't believe the story as it is being as it had been told and proven because the officers. We literally had to learn that the officers went into a garage and made up their story and begin to feed the media lies about Brionna Taylor in order for folks to say, well, damn because but prior to that, I remember you being on Clubhouse one time with some guys who was up there talking about she was a drug dealer and she was getting packages to her house and all of these things that was bullshit, lies that have now been proven in court. They've been proven by the witnesses who are the witnesses, who are police officers that were involved, right, And so I want us to do that. I want us to do that. I want if we are going to start saying that we have to believe people for what they say at the very moment that they tell you their story. I want people to stop asking us to prove police brutality incidents, even if the person ran, even if the person did this or that. In the third the cop is the one who is the aggressor, who has the most responsibility in the situation because they have a gun, they have training, they have responsibilities that come along with getting a paycheck to protect and serve. So even this happened, he ran, he did this, This one yelled at me, this one spit at a cop. They know how to do it when the white woman gets in the car and drives off in the police car. They know how to refrain and de escalate, but they don't know how to de escalate and refrain when it comes to our community. And I'm not conflating the two things to say that one is more important than the other. What I am saying is that the same people who often say we're gonna believe folks, then they should also respect the fact that when a victim shows up to us and tells us that they've been brutalized, we believe them. We believe them, and even if later on we find out that that they slapped their mama, they did this, they were on drugs, they were this terrible, horrific, horrid person with this background. That night when that incident happened and a police officer encountered that person, they had a particular responsibility as a person who is paid by us as taxpayers and paid by the state and or the city and municipalities to handle their job with professionalism. And I want to see that. I want to see the energy that we have that is very selective to spread.
Speaker 3: I think for me, in situations, right, it's it's not so much about believing or not believing anyone, Right, It's just that I realized that I have a powerful voice, right, and when I speak about something that I don't have knowledge of. I found myself in trou right, I found myself just on the side of this is what the news is saying, and then finding out later on that that wasn't exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: Not saying that it was totally false or not, but it was just like for me.
Speaker 3: Moving forward after I've I've had situations where I actually spoke up or spoke against someone. I think for me to speak against somebody, it's a lot different than me speaking up for someone. Right, So if I'm speaking up for a victim because I want that person to see to receive justice, it's not me speaking against anyone, you know. I think in this situation, it took time for me to actually have to see something or have something that I felt comfortable saying, Okay, I'm going to speak against this situation because it was for me because I wanted to make sure that I was honest and I was given true to what I knew knowledge, you know. And I think people have people have a problem with that. People want you to speak to something when they want to speak in and I think each of us has our own have our own compass of what what it takes for us to speak up, right, Because things I speak, I'm very vocal about a lot of things. Right when I when I when I see something, I say okay. For me, it computes in my mind that those are the realities of that situation. I have no problem. I'm going to stand and if it's wrong, then I can say, you know what, I was wrong. But there's a lot of situations where I look and I say, okay, I don't know the dynamics of that. I don't I never was there. I don't really know. I don't even know anybody that knows.
Speaker 4: I don't have.
Speaker 1: Because I remember I would say that, first of all, in the previous show that we did, I said that I was clear something because people were like, just because you settled with somebody doesn't mean that that you did wrong. And we know that, right. We understand that settlements happen all the time for various reasons. Sometimes insurance companies settle, uh you know, when when a person of a high network value is being sued. They may feel like it's too much damage to the business or the brand. Sometimes people settle because there's just a no win situation. Sometimes people settle because this part is true and this party ain't and costs more to go through the So there's different reasons. But in this situation, I was clear. I was very clear. My my my instincts told me, my heart told me that something happened, and something bad happened in the way in which that settlement moves so fast. And I said that on our show, let's not fool ourselves and act like we don't understand human instinct. Right, if you my son or somebody else that's close to me and a and a person who is not close to me says that you did something to them and you say you didn't do it, I'm not just about to run out there and say you did just because the world is telling me that that's what I have to do. I do value my friendships, right, I value my friendships, and I value that if somebody has done nothing to me, they have always been loving and kind to me and helpful to me, that I at least owe them that if they say they didn't do something wrong, that I have to be able to take a moment to try to reflect and gather and even still in that. When we came on our show a week or two later, I said that I believe something happened, and I also said that listen, I can love you and know you've done wrong and people love me and know I've done wrong, and of course it's not this two totally different things, right, So I don't want people to get the impression that I'm inhuman because I am human. I am a human person. I have feelings. I hurt. When I saw a Cassie being beaten, it made me feel like I was being beaten because I'm a woman and I actually have dealt with domestic violence, so it's no joke to me. And I again, I oh that something happened, and it was horrific things that took place in that relationship, But I still I don't really care who feels a way about it. Either way, I am not the type of person that I'm your friend. And then when the social media goes crazy against you that I just jump with social media. That's not realistic. And the biggest thing is that if I feel you've done something wrong, I don't need to tell them. I need to tell you. I need to actually tell you how I feel, versus me going out just to be able to catch the wind of getting out there so that I could please other people by speaking to them and and and and making sure that they feel like, oh yeah, you with us that's not that's it's actually much bigger than that though. That's just where I stand. It's no confusion for those people. I've seen a couple people tag me, oh, well, you know what is your What are you not being on social media about this? Means? Well, I could tell you what it me. It's different ways that people do different things, but to do nothing is not okay. And so that's what I have to say.
Speaker 3: On that, and that's that on that. So that brings me to my music spotlight of the day. But for such a time like this, we need artists who are speaking to the realities that were going on that who are not afraid, who are not going to be politically correct, you know, or.
Speaker 1: Not correct because they could sell they could sell booty, but they just don't want to politic exactly.
Speaker 3: I want to celebrate those who don't coward in the moment. So a young artist from the Bay Area that I really love. His name is l Russell. He was doing a performance I don't know exactly where, but he spoke up about what was happening in Palestine, and he spoke about how it took him time and he wanted to and he said it in the rhym like you know what I said, And I looked and I thought, and I'm like I have to say something, you know, So shout out to larussell if you get to see that freestyles on this page and he talks about, you know, just seeing what's happening in Gaza and seeing what's happening in Palestine and and and and talking about how all those things are intertwined and how we need to be able and be brave in this movement and speak about what's going on. Yeah, because you know it gets a little deep. Man gets a little different times, so shout out to luissel Man. Appreciate you man.
Speaker 1: All right, So you know friends.
Speaker 3: Friend friends, many others have them.
Speaker 1: We should have that song as a part of like the intro to we have the friends because we have friends that are.
Speaker 2: Really works but you know we're trying.
Speaker 1: Thanks Anastasia. So our friends are are individuals that you all know out there doing amazing things. Some of them are our friend end because you know, we told them and we met them and we liked them and we see them. But some of them are friends because we cry together, we fight together, we spend time together, we do everything in this and absolutely turning up together. And Michael Blake, who is joining us today, is absolutely one of our friends. And I would say he's definitely our dear brother. He's in the inner circle. And you know, our circle is closed because it's closed because the it's the elements are around us. The forces of evil are constantly trying to pope their way in, and we have built a fortress. And I would say that Michael, you certainly are one.
Speaker 4: Is this a fortress? Like when y'all rolled up on my office in Albany started like yelling at me about something I didn't do.
Speaker 1: No, no, you was doing it?
Speaker 4: Or is that like my birthday party? I'm just trying to stay you know? Is it is a big no question in the back.
Speaker 1: The fortress that we've built, I think encompasses all things, and it is accountability that we have for one another. It is fun, of course, it is enlightenment and education. What I don't know. I never feel like I can't call one of y'all and say, hey, I don't know, can you help me how you know, help me prepare a speech, help me think through a thing. And I feel like I've been a part of that for both of you. So what people ask me on the road all the time. One of the biggest questions. It's like the most common question is what do you do for yourself? You know, how do you renew and restore with everything that we do? And I tell people I've built a family that don't play about me, you know, and I certainly know that you are one of those individuals. But you're a whole lot of other things.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. For one, you realize to Mak and did not respond about rolling up on the office.
Speaker 1: Because we're gonna get to it. Actually, I said we're gonna get to it.
Speaker 3: I heard that that's in the accountability boku.
Speaker 1: So, first of all of the many things that you are is a former New York State assemblyman. Okay, you are from from the Bronx, but you are a Jamaican immigrant. No, you were born to Jamaican immigrants. Your parents, I'm gonna talk about them. Last, you are also a member of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity, and that's such a big deal, you know, big big deal.
Speaker 4: We're starting good.
Speaker 1: You also were a vice chair of the Democratic National Committee from twenty and seventeen to twenty twenty one, and now you are the CEO of Atlas Strategy Group. And also you have a major major effort that I enjoy and am a part of, which is your Cairos events where you organize and what is the name of the actual initiative.
Speaker 4: Chiros is the community that we've built. The vision is where people all color see our power. The event on the vineyard is called Convenient for the Culture exactly.
Speaker 1: And so it's not just the vineyard. You're doing events all over the country under the Chiros community where you're bringing people together. And I think that what Chiros to me is like exactly what until Freedom is. It's always a place where everybody is a table, a seat at the table. You don't have to be voting for this person. You could be a person that doesn't vote at all. Hopefully we move you, but when you get there, you show up as you are, as long as you care about justice and equity and inclusion and all of that. So all of those things, but the most important thing that you are is the son of Hedley and Hillary.
Speaker 4: Hedley Headler, George Blake and Hillary Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's that is how you how your roots to Jamake come to be because these two are proud, proud Jamaican.
Speaker 4: Oh, body roll, body Rod. I had oxtail coming in here.
Speaker 1: Okay, we know every day, not every day.
Speaker 4: But I found the spot. I found a spot. I was shot and it was some good quality ox. It wasn't like that water down stuff.
Speaker 1: They don't know. Once you find them, you'll be back. Then you're gonna know. Michael Blake is the type of person. He gonna know the owner. He's gonna be having events that if they have a problem where they're not getting enough action, you're gonna tell everybody from the neighborhood to go there.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 1: Foind out. It's a white person that owns it.
Speaker 4: That's fine, Okay, come on, Jamaica, we got we love everybody. If you can cook, you can.
Speaker 1: Cook, because you know how it's supposed to be, no question. Well look, let's just get into this conversation because a lot of people know you as a power broker, particularly in a democratic party. Uh, and now I think I'm watching you spread your wings beyond the democratic politics and become a person you've always been for the people. But it's I think this moment calls for us to be more than our party, you know, more than our affiliations. So tell folks about your beginning. We talked about Jamaica, talked about the pride of your family and their cultural roots. Give us a entree into Michael Blake and who you are.
Speaker 4: I just want to start by saying my love and respect for both of y'all for being consistent in the work. Because a lot of people can show up occasionally, and a lot of people do show up occasionally, a lot of people are not actually there regularly, right, And that's how you know. Real friends and real friends do hold you accountable, and real friends know how to turn up and real friends know how to lead. So so just that's important to start there. As we already know. I'm from the Bronx, you know, you know, just we're clear, crusted and burnside. There you go, ps. Seventy nine. So I always start as a person to faith. I don't believe in coincidence, and so for whatever are the reasons, a lot of pieces happen, that thing shape me so savage. In The Quality's Children in American Schools, Johnathan Coleser wrote that book. The elementary school he wrote about is the elementary school I was at. He is seventy nine James Carter was our principal. James probably is the only black man I remember in school elementary through high school. I I don't remember seeing someone else like that. So that's that stays with you. One eighteen deal with Clinton High School. Most folks don't realists dee with Clinton and the Bronx is the largest alumni association of any high school in the world because there used to be all boys back and they had three three different rotations of students, So County Colin, James Baldwin, Charlie Rango, Ralph Lauren, all Clinton, Right, so we got know that that trajectory. And then you know, look my youngest of four boys, yes, heavily, George Blakey, God rest his soul, Daddy. And then Mama. Everybody know Mama Hillary Lawrence all day every day, you know, the robo call on my campaign, so everybody know that they're But I always say this, there's several moments that uh shaped me. And I was born with a heart murmur mm. You know, Mama said, I was in the nick you for about three and a half weeks. Uh, and then freshman year, coming back from Northwestern, I fell asleep at the wheel. You know, and so there was no car coming in that direction, no car behind me, and enough car weight that we had cause my boy Eric Gargretcha was his car. Weighed the car down. When we did the three sixty six days before that, I wrote out, Dear God, made today be my greatest day, greater than the great day I had the day before. But my goal has not been met unless tomorrow's greatest in the mall. And that still hangs on my mama's fridge. And so I I I say that to say I don't believe in coincidence. And for all those different things. Being able to go to Northwestern first homing family of the school allowed me to be in Evston. Being in Evanston and working at A and being Northwestern, I went to Comcast Sports did TV. Doing that, I did an internship with uh A State Senator Jeff Schoenberg where a woman walked in and said, you don't help me, im'na lose my house, which I thought about the times mama will talk about not having a house and being homeless in Jamaica, and then learn learning those dynamic so all of those pieces, I get interviewed for a training program called Yes We Can and that was the real ultimate turning point for me, because in two thousand and five, two thousand and six, I'm applying for different programs. I was applying for a job to work for a unite here, which was a restaurant hotel employee union. God Russell soul Henry Tammeran was the president. Last interview, he says, you know, my son Nate is starting a program to train black and brown young people on how to run campaigns. So, okay, I turned down the job because I couldn't afford the pay cut. His assistant low Weeks calls me back and says, you should apply for the program anyway. So I applied for the program, and in two thousand and six, January sixth is the first time I met Barack Obama and that changed my life. You know, I was one of ten people in that program at the holiday end on the Hill in DC. And to be a kid from the Bronx to then be around, you know, a future president, and that changes everything. So again I don't believe in coincidence.
Speaker 1: I'm smiling because I remember what your what did your dad say when he found out you was working for the president.
Speaker 4: Oh well, he and Mama, they all acted. You know that, you know, of course they were on cloud nine. But you know the uh, well, Daddy was the emotional Daddy would always cry with pride. I mean, that was always a beautiful thing. That's it was always power to be around a black man who was comfortable with with his tears. My Mama had the best line when she said, we went from no house in Jamaica to the Black House in Northwestern to the White House in DC.
Speaker 1: Right, And so that always my relationship that was different.
Speaker 4: No, no question, you know what I mean, you know she's she's a g I understand what it is, right. Uh So then the extension when I got elected was we went from a white House in DC to the State House in Albany. Right, So all of that part was a part of the journey that allowed me to get here.
Speaker 3: Just going through that process working for Obama. What do you think about the political climate right now?
Speaker 4: I think that we have been spoiled in some ways that we had truly at once in a generational leader back in the day. I think it was a Reagan and before that it was a Kennedy. Like you have that one person every thirty forty years so when you don't have that leader, then folks are like, well, why am I going to do this thing? And on both sides we have on one side people not excited because they're like, yo, I'm not really feeling this. And on the other side you have a racist demagogue who has millions of people who believe in that. So it's hard to break through that. So for those of us, and you said this a little bit earlier, I see this as a calling for me, right, and this is not a job. For those of us who see this as a calling as a purpose, it's very hard Micee to get people to break through because alsoone here is are you Republican and Democrats? They're not hearing what you're trying to say. And the challenge is that so many people are wondering should I stay in the game because of two people. You know, if it's Biden Trump, Okay, I can't hear anything else. Okay, let's talk about what you care about. Well, I don't want to talk about that. Well, that don't make any sense to me. Right when we had President Obama, at least you had the ability of someone saying, you know, I'm still I'm gonna keep having this conversation with you, because I don't want the brother to fail. Even if I'm not feeling everything that's happening. It's a challenge right now, but I do think this will force us to get people to be focused if we really want to be about it. This is an easy moment for folks to walk away and say, y'a'm out.
Speaker 1: What do you think about people who say Obama didn't do anything for black me?
Speaker 4: Well, as the person that ran Black Outreach, I would just say that they're flat wrong. Now, I think there's an understandable generational emotional connection to the point that when we have endured enslavement for two hundred plus years and then beyond that post Jim Crow and others, I can understand that you want more things to happen faster for black folk. But for someone to say that Barack Obama did nothing for black people, it's just dead wrong, full stop. Right Like, we had the greatest increase in what happened for minority businesses. We changed things when it came to HBCUs well shit healthcare. I mean, like the reality is saying to someone that things didn't change because of Barack Obama tremendously more black people got access than they had before. But at the end of the day, if you're not feeling it, I understand that, right, But then the question has to be life is a choice, right, And if someone is like, well, he didn't do anything for me, well, you know, if you got a check that came to you for something, or a refund, or something happened for someone in your family, your mama was able to stay on their healthcare, your grandmama or your somebody had some benefit. The piece that we didn't do a good enough job around and we still don't do enough, is connecting the benefit to the person.
Speaker 1: Right, because the system continued to run and when we got it, it was a disaster. So that's just clear. But you know, and when you talk about the healthcare thing, that's a real big one because we were out there, I think that, Well, actually, I'm not sure that you and I were working together yet because you weren't on the tour that we did. But Yandy wash Tara Wallace was on the tour. Who else was on it? A number of people, Christy Henderson, Ilicia Butterfield, Jones, Joel's he was on the tour. So a number of people were with us trying to help folks get healthcare. And one of the things that I don't you know, the talking points in the a and the atmosphere was it's no the you know, the the program. It's something else I want to ask you about. The program was no good and you know it's still too expensive and all all of those things. But while we were out knocking on doors and out working with people, folks did not have healthcare, like seriously, and in fact I did not have healthcare, and this gave us a number of people access. So that is one you talked about. Minority businesses. Let's talk about that a little bit more, because I don't think that President Obama gets enough credit for what he did around minority owns.
Speaker 4: The thing we gotta well go step back to your previous point to make on just like just grounding the conversation and I'll do the minority business. It would be like someone saying to you or you you have done nothing for anyone, Like it's just such a factually wrong comment. The real thing is like, okay, well you're not feeling you didn't see it. If we want to have that conversation, I'm down to have that conversation some one all day, every day for black and round business. So again we gotta have context. There was a war going on that Senator Obama said, you elect me, were gonna end this thing. He did. I We'll get you health care, and I'm going to lead to the greatest increase in what happens for minority businesses in the history of this country, full stop. All three of those things happen, and so more money, more contracts, more opportunities, more jobs happened for black folk during that time in terms of minority owned businesses. Now there has been a greater shift in black unemployment in the right direction under Biden. And that's because of how shitty things were under Trump. Right, So when we start talking through we got to have context on these movements. Right, Like, it's not a dem Republican point I'm making. It is the numbers spoke for themselves when Bush was there, how people were struggling. Numbers went up substantially on Obama. Trump comes in. Numbers were disaster under Biden. Again just from the number sense of it, it has made improvement. But now what we got to do is how do you make it more practical on the ground right, And you know that's that balancing act that I had to endure a lot as a staffer for seven years and an elected for six People don't want for you to talk about the things that you've done because then you're like, oh, you airrogant, but you conceded. But if I don't, then you tell me I'm do anything. So then I give you the newsletter. Oh well, you only doing it because you're trying to get elected. But if I don't tell you what I've done, then why you're gonna let me?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: It doesn't make practical sense right right, And when we think about it, I believe politics as an industry governments is the only one where you are regularly telling people to not speak their dreams. Right, Like if you were the around the young kid, and a young kid was like, you know what, I want to be an astronaut, go get it. I want to be an NBA All Star, go get it. I want to run the business, go get it. Someone say a lot ya, I want to be president of Blacks. Relaxed because because politics is bad, you might have been around a few folks that did something bad, but politics is not bad. So coming back to and around minority business. Right. One of the things that I did with Bbe Hidago shout out to baby, is we change things so that there had to be a report and structure up to the Deputies Secretary of the agencies. Why did that matter? Because when you have someone that you report to who runs the day to day, you move differently. And a lot of times folks are like, well, you know what, I'm gonna do this minority business thing when I kind of need to casually as opposed to this part of your bottom line. And when millions and billions of dollars a go in to black and round businesses like what happened, it changes things. And so you know, look, at the end of the day, I think we're in that same scenario now where you have a lot of people who are saying, I'm not really feeling Biden on the substance of the policies fair game, right. However, to say that nothing is happening, that's just dead, that's wrong, It's just not true.
Speaker 3: Why do you what do you think that has people even thinking that Trump is a viable candidate.
Speaker 4: Because we've allowed an entertainer to take the place of reality. I want to make sure we're real clear about this. Donald Trump is a racist, false stole. I want you to hear his daddy's in KK writings. He is the person that was sued wouldn't let black and brown people get access to the house. And he took out a full page ad on the central part five. That's all before he ran for president. But in folks like, well, Donald Trump's on the Apprentice, what the hell are we talking about right now? Right? He was a failed businessman, But there are people.
Speaker 1: Who say he get there was checks, there was money on the ground when he was checks.
Speaker 4: Went out because he was such a disaster during COVID that he kept trying to block bills that finally Congress had to then send out checks that the checks were delayed because he wanted his name on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nancy Pelosi really was responsible for carrying the water.
Speaker 4: The false checks.
Speaker 1: That's the truth, full star. And I'm not even you know what I'm saying. I'm like not a Nancy Pelosi person at all. She was out, she was outside banging like we going to give the American people some money.
Speaker 4: And think about this. I don't know maybe one percent of people who could actually tell you the name on their actual dollar bills right now, right of like the actual treasure right right. Even your bosses, your bosses don't really sign your checks. It might be a CFO someone else.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: This man held up folks getting money during COVID so his name could be on it to make you think he's Marketer. And so where we're at right now.
Speaker 1: That's how he's been able to make people think that he's a super millionaire and he's that's not true.
Speaker 3: But that's pretty much he's a lion.
Speaker 4: He literally lied, he if in New York. In New York, if any person who was not a president would have done what he had done, they would have been in jail quickly. He he literally lied about his money to be able to get more money and inflated what he had. That's a crime. Definitely. You have better healthcare, better housing, more job opportunities, all these different things happening under BI Like the stats are there now, I'm real clear that there is a forty seven percent that's locked in on Trump, no matter what you say. That's just the reality of it. But when you have a scenario of someone who is telling you and we talked a little bit about democracy as well before right like on day one, I want to be a dictator. Yeah, that's crazy. You gotta you gotta trust someone when they say these kinds of things.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm clean, full immunity.
Speaker 4: I'm clear that no matter what I did, I'm good.
Speaker 1: And I want the I want I want Congress to pass the law that said that I give for.
Speaker 4: And again we got to put it into context of this is who this man is. Right like before all of this, he didn't want black and Latino folks to get good housing.
Speaker 1: He didn't even want black people. He didn't want in his businesses in the hotel exactly, he treated it was like the black people could only clean straight up.
Speaker 4: He literally was like, I don't want them handling my money. So like I don't want you handle my money. I don't want you to access to my housing. Oh and by the way, I think we should kill these folks who were actually innocent. But then folks are like, you know what, he would be good And.
Speaker 1: Then when he was found, when those people were found were exonerated, he still doubled down.
Speaker 4: That's just racism.
Speaker 3: So but I hear a lot of talk about RFK and people think he's a viable candy.
Speaker 2: What do you say about that?
Speaker 4: Rfk is a racist clown who should not be taken seriously. Whose number one donor is a Trump donor. Again, let's let's just talk about this.
Speaker 1: So what is he there for? Yes, let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: Because you said it's a Trump He is there because they're trying to do everything to make sure to bite it. No win full stop. Let me again, I want I'm gonna make this straight to the block. If you did anything that was important to you and your entire family endorsed the other person, that should be enough on.
Speaker 1: That's really crazy crazy. I mean, that was it for me. I was I didn't even need to hear any else, not even because I think that his I mean actually, actually I think that there are Kennedys that I respect, you know, So I'm not you know, I'm not taking it, but I'm not. I'm not into the Kennedys, like, I don't follow them. I don't know what they do or where the.
Speaker 4: Whole squad.
Speaker 1: And they said some damning things to.
Speaker 4: Take the time, y'all. Google framed rfk JR. Now we're gonna go back to the Bronx again. Rfk JR has a friend who he knew committed murder, went to jail for it, and he tried to frame a black boy from the Bronx and an Asian man for the murder, knowing it wasn't true. An RFK JR. Bill O'Reilly written book put out thereof this black boy and this Asian man committed murder that they knew didn't commit. Right. So again, I just think we got to be clear by who these people are, So like, why is he in this race? Because they understand that Donald Trump really can't grow beyond forty eight percent, they need one one and a half not go for Biden. Yeah, that's his only chance. So I'm going to keep this man in and kind of make y'all think, you know what, maybe I try something that's an alternative, even though this man has no chance to win it. Right, same thing around Cornell West, and they actually can't win. I understand we can responsibly hear opinions and.
Speaker 1: Values, and sometimes that's the purpose that I'm.
Speaker 4: Being there, But they can't win, right, And so let's understand that one percent. You go back to a twenty sixteen if we're talking about like a ten thousand votes in some of these states. If you're doing that, you are helping Donald Trump to get re elected.
Speaker 3: But the line, so I want to ask a question, what criticisms can you give of Joe Bidy?
Speaker 4: God is fair? We can't ignore that. Look, as y'all know, I'm a minister, I'm gonna be ordained that the in the Jeneral Jesus was a Jewish man of color. It is impossible to look at what is happening there and not have some level of humanity, right, And it is intellectually irresponsible for someone to say that I can't have simultaneous realities to be true. I can say what happened to the people of Israel is inhumane, and I can say what's going on to the Palestinians and in humane. They're both true, right, And anytime someone says that you can't say both, it's ridiculous. Again, it's just lazy. So if I'm watching.
Speaker 1: This, it's so oppressivessive, So people tell you can't say that or else.
Speaker 4: Regularly, I had someone who has been a long time donor call me anti Semitic because I said, we need to stop attacking the students for wanting to protest, and it does impact votes, because I go back to Barack Obama, Like, you know, the Iraq war is a big reason why Obama won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, and there have been others. I mean we know that there have been other wars that impacted.
Speaker 4: Well, Vietnam absolutely, Like so like the notion of like, well, what's going on over there? People shouldn't know? Now, I think we go back again to the block. If you're like, yo, we're spending tens of millions of dollars over there, why can't we do this here? That's a fair question, and.
Speaker 1: Their reasons because the Department of Defense budget is different from other budgets, and there's a lot of different internal stuff which we don't give a shit about that we're hungry the block. The cheese is too high, goddamn period. But then the other part of it is I don't want one iota of my tax dollars that I already need to go towards burning babies, can't. I don't want that connection. And then the third thing is I don't want that military over here in America training US police officers who already are too damned military.
Speaker 4: That's a fair legitimate criticism that someone can app at the end of the day, an election is about choice. In contrast, right, you have a choice to make if you do not vote for Joe Biden and Donald Trump becomes president again, you are not safer as a black or brown person. You're not safer as a woman. You're not safer as a young you are not You're not gonna make more money, You're gonna have less access to housing, You're gonna have less access to rights. It's not Michael Blake randomly saying, it's Donald Trump saying it. So, yeah, be pissed with Joe Biden about the policies that you're upset about, which is totally fair gaming of democracy, but not participating, to me is unacceptable. And so that's why in that dynamic, for those that don't want to do the Biden thing, there are many of us. I started my own projects called the Chiros Democracy Project. It's the storytelling the democracy, the whole vision of it. You cannot separate race and class and gender from democracy. And so let me find out from you what issues do you care about, and then from there, Okay, you want to fight for that. You need a democracy and you need people to be elected to help you with that, and if you choose that you still don't want to get involved, I can't warsh you, but we cannot allow this to be the reason, in my opinion, for a racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic demo good to become president again.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 3: It's very tough because it's a lot of people who just lost faith, like people have lost faith in politics, not just politicians, just the whole. When I look at when I'm just what, I see it as a game, Right.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna paraphrase from Dark Knight Rises at the scene when when Bain and Batman are battling underneath and Batman tries to make everything dark, and Bain was like, I thrive in the dark. Right. There's a lot of things that move in the shadows of democracy that hurt us as a people that people don't realize, and to your example, one of those is the judges that Trump put in place are fundamental reason and that in moments now where you have a democratic president, you're not able to move on things. But people see yo, I only see by it, but you didn't see all the judges they put it in here that's been trying to block you, who have these lifetime appointments. But we can't sit it out. We can't just say I'm just gonna hope this is gonna happen. Look, a few months ago, there was a few weeks ago, rather, there was a poll that came out that I think perfectly broke it down. It said that the number one issue that was a concern for people was cost of living and inflation, but the number one issue that determine you voting in the election was democracy. So we have to do the better job of saying, Yo, whatever your issue is, if you want to work on that, we have to have you in the game. This goes to the dynamic of who's funding elections, right, This goes to elect the dynamic of who's supporting whom right, And until we can break that trajectory, that's why a lot of reasons why these things don't so Yeah, for the person in the block that like, yo, this democracy thing ain't working for me, or why.
Speaker 1: Would I try to save it if it doesn't exist in my world?
Speaker 4: Because it does exist. Again, it's a perception that I recognize as a real perception, But it's not real to say democracy doesn't exist. And the framing of democracy is not benefiting me in the ways that I would want it to be benefiting me, then we have to ask the questions of what is it that you need that's not happening, because too often it is a theoretical elite conversation of like, let's save this entity. We're starting talking about a premise that had a three fifth compromise and all the different dynamics that weren't good for us, right, and electoral college that were not practically good for us. It was about sustaining white men in power in those dynamics. It was an economic compromise for themselves, right, civil war, etc. Etc. So now, yeah, but why do I need you to keep this thing? Because the alternative is that you don't get to say shit. And I think again, if you start having real conversations with people like that, like.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, I mean Trump said he's going to deport like literally, you out, student, you out like for protesting.
Speaker 4: Full stop, you get, you get, you're getting arrested, you out, you're leaving. You're not getting a job, you're not getting a house, You're not having any of these things. So we can have a conversation of should this be better? One hundred percent or you don't say anything. And I don't know any person that's like, you know what, you know what I can't wait for. I can't wait for a scenario where I can't save my mind.
Speaker 1: But okay, well, hey, can I say no, Michael, because no, because guess what we talk about the students. You said that you had a donor who whatever whatever they did because of the issue with with your statement on the students. Well, we've got a democratic mayor here in New York City, and I bet you students at Colombia don't feel they can say anything.
Speaker 4: Because maybe we should have a new mayor.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, listen absolutely, because that would happened at Colombia. Is the end of it for me? Like I you know, we know it would be fool stuff. You know Eric, I know Eric. I've known Eric since I was a little girl, and I say every time that I have nothing but love and respect for him. But after the Columbia University incident, the handling and that was deliberate and he knows better. And then the Washington Post article came out that confirmed what I already knew, which is that big businessman and women and others told him send these cops in there shut these students down and went on further, which you know, of course media picks up what they want to pick up, but there should have been more conversation about some of them saying I donated to you and tend to continue to donate to you like this is it? So basically, the Columbia University move was a bart paid sold out a response to students. So now a student might feel like, well, I don't have a voice because guess what. We have other friends who have children who are students at Columbia that would that have been traumatized the whole year because this obviously began October seventh through and they've been protesting a winter, this and that, but their parents are telling them you can't say anything because of your future this year, that and the third. So how is that democracy?
Speaker 4: Because it's still a democracy that you have a chance to go protest. That's a chance. Yeah, and the alternative is that you don't say shit like so again, so.
Speaker 1: You're saying it could it's terrible, but it could be worse.
Speaker 4: But again there's a tremendous difference from should I have the ability to speak my mind whatever it may be, and whatever the causes may be. So whether it be around Gaza, whether it be around the Women's March, whether it be around George Floyd. Should I have a society where I can do that versus a man in Donald Trump who is legitimate least saying you won't. I will arrest you and I will deport you if you do that. So tell us about the convenience of the culture. I created the convenience for the culture for that specific week. So we do Cairos, We do a Chiro's conversation once a week. Virtually, we do a Cairo somewhere in the world once a month, and then we do the convenience for the culture once a year in Martha's venue this year now be August twelfth through the fifteenth. Then we're going to do another Chiros during Chicago at the convention, right, So our dash chiros dot com for anyone that wants to learn about that. But the reason why we did that is I wanted to connect power, whatever power may mean, elected power, social justice power, economic power, in one space because too often we are showing up at these different events and then people out.
Speaker 1: You're a real stickler about that. I just think Ruby d was at a convening held by it may have been Harry Belafonte. I know he was there, and there were number of power brokers and celebrities, black folks there. And at the end of the meeting, Carmen Perez tells us all the time that Ruby d stood up and said, I'm tired of going to meetings when there is no action plan, there's nothing for us to do. And I know that I have heard you say many times. People leave the meeting and they don't have an assignment.
Speaker 4: No, and we're not going to do that. So we start in collaborate with doctor Cheryl Davis out of San Francisco. So we start with a Dreaming Forward session because, as doctor Davis says, we got to get people permission to dream. Then we do a Chiro's conversation, so what's a fireside. We do a Chiro's Connection so folks can actually network with each other. We do a cultivation so like, what's the problem you're trying to work through, And then we don't do a celebration because I do think people need to turn up and have joy. And then we end with collective impacts. So okay, now we understand what we're trying to dream. Now we have the content, what's our plan when we leave from here? And a lot of times people are like, well, I'm not sure if people are going to show for multiple days. Well, you know, if I'm struggling to get you to come to a beautiful place that has black brown excellence in the space where we're trying to win, that's fine with me. But for those who have been there and you've seen that we've gathered five hundred people who are serious about the work.
Speaker 1: In the venue during the time. For people who are listening who don't know Martha's Vinyards, we want to enjoy vacation, their vacation, they having their drinks and their good time. And people are still popping in and out of and some just sitting through a convening where you're being educated and you know there is you're being educated, inspired, so on and so forth. I think that's great. Last year you had mister Jones.
Speaker 4: There, Clarence Jones, who was one of the speech writers for Doctor King had we had a G. Tiss James and ag A ron Ford talking about the power of New York and Nevada. Right, you know, we we're serious about this and I think a lot of times we don't give ourselves grace and space to be around one another just to hear who's killing the game and then say, you know what, that's wonderful. I heard that, all right, But what's our plan? Right? You know there is a difference between activity and progress, absolutely right, you know, And and so what are the objectives what we're trying to make happen? So then when we leave from here, go go to the beach, go wherever you're gonna be. But now I understand, okay, this is.
Speaker 1: What you're trying to ask, something that you want.
Speaker 4: Who's going to be at the convenience you hopefully y'all coming back. I mean I.
Speaker 1: Was there with the Tamika palm or Breonna tails, and I think that's the beauty of what you have created, because the AG was on in the morning or both ags, which, by the way, well, first of all, obviously our age tis James, nothing but love and respect for her. And I said, I was at an event, an event this weekend. I was the speaker and Tish was there, so the room I was like, you know, I love you, Tish and whatever, even though sometimes I'm outside your office protesting but I still love you. It's just all about accountability because Tish, again, that's in the circle, right, and we've had to protest. You would be doing.
Speaker 4: A little bit. It was a minute you were getting legs.
Speaker 1: Because y'all was in that compromise thing. There was an issue which was raised the age in New York State, one of.
Speaker 4: The most significant wins had justice.
Speaker 1: I s I was getting ready to get into it because I have to shout out my brother, attorney Angelo Pinto, who was helping to lead the campaign to raise the age. New York and North Carolina were only two states left in the entire United States of America that prosecuted fourteen and fifteen euros sixteen up to sixteen as adults adult for any no matter what. And so this particular evening the bill was on the floor, we thought we had to vote somehow another people started wavering. I don't care what anybody says. You may not agree with this, But Andrew Cuomo, he was he's y'all saw him on TV doing COVID. That was nice. But he's very much like Rudy Giuliani because after nine to eleven, Giuliani was on TV every day. He became America's mayor because he helped to lead through a disaster, and people felt the same way about Andrew Cuomo. But the truth of the matter is that while we were trying to get raizy Ah and other things done, Cuomo was broken and deals with the Republicans that would would harm would have harmed us, and which caused you all into a compromise position. And so Michael blake.
Speaker 4: Because it's important the the because we weren't compromising on raizy Age with Andrew.
Speaker 1: No, I know that I'm saying that the way in which he split.
Speaker 4: The he split some folks. Yes, let's be real clear about this.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, because I am not saying that you were.
Speaker 4: But I think it's point because this goes back to the democracy conversation that someone would have walked away from this interview or all of y'all were getting down with that.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm going to finish my point right. And so we had the votes. Everything was good, and then there were people who started wavering. And as a result of folks wavering, I'm on the telephone with Michael and he's not telling me that he can make them do it, make them vote in our favor, Like you're like, I don't know, this person is acting crazy. Call so and so's office and I'm like, Michael, you go in there, do whatever you need to do and come out with an affirmative. And you were like, Hey, I'm telling you so and so We're not gonna put them on blast today. They acting they were with us, and so we got frustrated and we said, oh, you know what, we know what it is. We're on the telephone. The telephone doesn't work in these situations. It is now eleven o'clock at night, and we're going to get in the car, and we rented a van at night and packed it up to come up there and help you all. I'm not saying that you were wavering. I'm saying that you needed help because you needed a little backup. So we came in for reinforcement. It's just the way we came in. It may have made you feel a little like we was trying to push you around too, but you just needed it. You needed help.
Speaker 4: You were tired of inside outside again. You know, appreciated mice.
Speaker 1: But it worked because we did get raised the age paths and you did some hell, you did a hell of a job making that happen. Brian Benjamin was up there with you and so many others to to ensure.
Speaker 4: That all deserves the credit because he was the lead on that show. It was people didn't give him the credit that he deserves.
Speaker 1: That's true. But you know the people that was talking to the people I got you were you and Michael and others like you and Andrews to a Cousins.
Speaker 4: So the CONVENI yeah, we want you to pull up everybody August twelve to fifteenth on the vineyard. Uh, stay connected to us Chiro's Democracy project. You want to see some things that it's going to drop this year. We want to be that other force out here around democracy. And you said something earlier on why I created Kiros in the way I did. I had not seen a space where all of us, regardless of industry and background, could rock with each other.
Speaker 1: It's some Republicans that's up in there too.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, if you if you you got good common sense, I want you in my space. How are you part of trying to build something beyond your organization because we need something different and that's what we want to be. But they just go to our dash. Chiros dot com and you can see everything we got going. We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you so much being with us.
Speaker 2: Shout out to our brother Michael Blake.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was a lot more that I wanted to, I.
Speaker 3: Know, I know, that's why I got my little one or two questions I got out the way because you was you.
Speaker 1: Was a lot of good questions, but I really wanted to. I wanted people to hear from him. I mean, obviously he and I talk about discuss these issues all the time, but I think he did a good job of you know, first of all, speak clear. He's a black man first, but he's also a power broken Democratic Party, so we you know, we get to hear his perspective, and I think, you know, we all. I don't know anybody who's really paying attention, who's not concerned about the direction we're traveling in as a nation. And there is a such thing as worse. So when people say I'm at my words, no we're not. We're not at ours, but we could certainly be. And it's not far away like the idea of people being deported for protesting. I know, I said, he can't do that, and then I thought about it and was like she like, you know what he could do, especially when he got Marjorie Tailor built back whatever stuff. I don't know what she calls her shout out to Jasmin Crockett, who I also would like to see vote differently as it relates to Gaza. But you know, I'm a challenge everybody. I'm holding them all accountable. I don't even care anymore. However, you know, Jasmine has been up there having to really like let people know to put some respect on her name for real, on the serious side, and respect, not not like on the we up here at work, but like on some I hate to have to actually go old school on my block on you put some respect on my name now.
Speaker 2: You got to, because you know some people only respect disrespect. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's also which they don't like, highly.
Speaker 3: Intelligent and educated, and she broke down. I love the way she broke down.
Speaker 1: Well, that came from snapping. Oh yeah, those words came from growing up in a family where they snap on you and you got to snap back and you better know.
Speaker 4: What you're talking about better.
Speaker 2: That's what I grew up.
Speaker 1: But she's very she's a highly intelligent woman, and they don't like that. Marjorie Taylor Green is not She's not the sharpest knife in the draw. She is like the rest of them. She's a clown and a clown show. They know how to market themselves, but they're not actually intelligent people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't have much, which brings me to my.
Speaker 3: I don't get it today, just to be speaking about Gaza and you know, talking about what happened in Raeford the other day, my condolences goes out. I think I just get tired of keep saying that. But it's like sometimes you just feel like what else can you say? You know, just watching innocent people babies beheaded and burning, it's just just like crazy. So I post on my page and I'm just so tired o the what about Congo people? Because if you, if you are authentically coming to me about Congo, because I go to they pages when they say that, right, I go and I never see one post about the Congo, right, I don't. I don't get why you so concerned because we did a whole show about.
Speaker 1: The Conan, well, we did about.
Speaker 2: Haiti, about Haiti, and we talked about.
Speaker 1: Working on trying to get one done and Congo. You just can't just have any and everybody like, like, the reason why we can speak to Palestine the way that we can and the way that we do is because we've been there and we with our own eyes. This is not something that information.
Speaker 3: Exactly And so for me, I just don't get why we have the people that what about Congo people, and why they try to use that as something to diminish what's going on in Palestine. Like both things are true. What's happening in Congo is a thing. What's happening in Palestine is a thing. So we speak about we speak about Congo and we can speak about Palestin at the same time. I just don't understand why we feel like we have to compare.
Speaker 1: One has to be oppression Olympics.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't want to be involved in oppression Olympics. I don't want you to come to page with depression all of this. I want you, if you feel like the need while I'm speaking about what's going on in Gaza right now, if you feel the need to speak about the Congo, go to your page and talk about the Congo and I and I hope you do, you know, because it's gonna be times that I speak about the Congo. It's gonna it may be visuals that I see that you know, that trigger me about the Congo, and I come to my page and I'm gonna speak about it.
Speaker 2: And I don't need somebody to come there and say, what about Palestine? What about Chicago.
Speaker 3: It's like shit is fucked up, Like we know that shit is fucked up. But when I'm utilizing my platform to highlight something that I deem a genocide at the time, don't come there and tell me what about something else? And I don't even understand why somebody thinks that makes sense. And I want to especially our people, us as black people, we know what it's like to be oppressed, we know what it's like to be you know, to experience with genocide. It's like we have a history of that. So I don't think that even it makes sense for us to utilize our voice to try to diminish it happening to anybody else. We should understand that these people should be the allies that we utilize, because we understand firsthand that when they come for you at the daytime, they come for us at the nighttime.
Speaker 4: So please please.
Speaker 3: Try to do better. Don't tell me I understand that what's going on in the Congo is it is hideous. So I understand that, but please stop utilizing your voice to try to diminish somebody else's struct.
Speaker 1: Well, you know the pot you know, you and I we have to have this conversation once a week because evidently you don't get it, and I have to continue to You're saying, like, as black people, we understand, so why do we do this? And that most of the people who are on your page talking are not even black people. They are trones, they are paid provocateurs. And I'm not sure why at this point enough of us don't understand that this whole thing about, especially as elections get closer and in this situation where you have an actor like Israel in the midst of the Congo, and of course what's happening to the Palestinian people. Because if you really if you do your research and you really read up and learn, which is what I've been doing. Hence the fact that I'm not going to be able to sit here like I can tell you about streets in Palestine. I can tell you about tactics and things that I saw the smell of it. I was there, I went to people's homes that had elderly people who been living in a home for hundreds and hundred years. Their family has had this same home, and all of a sudden, a settler shows up, a Jewish settler shows up and says they gotta leave, and then the government will help put these people out of their ancestral home. Okay, so I saw it, but with the congo, I have not actually witnessed it. I would be speaking only from what I've read and what someone else has told me. And so what I try to do instead, because this is what I believe is the most powerful way for me to use my uneducated voice is one to become educated, and then second to let my platform be used by those who do know. And so I've partnered with other individuals who do know, and they use my page anytime they want me to post something. I mean, I'm not gonna say anytime, because once or twice I look at things and I don't really understand it. So I'm careful about how I collaborate with people. But for the ninety five percent of the time, I allowed them to collaborate on my page then and use my platform to express the many different complexities of what's happening in the Sudan and Congo and Haiti, and they also talk by paltime. So with that being said, what I want you to know is that with an actor like Israel at play here, who attempts to brainwash and mislead people all the time, they use the media all the time to try to manipulate people's understanding of not what's happening since October seventh, but what has been happening since nineteen forty eight. They are very very They used to be good at it, but it's blown up now. Everybody can see the veil is down right. And so when you have them involved even in the Congo and they're in Palestine and then an election is also coming, you can imagine that there are people working together behind the scenes to go into your comments, my comments, and everywhere else and cause division and dissension. So they're not even real people. And then the rest of them is just in they mama's basement, idiots that have nothing, no life, no nothing. And so when they find something to help them be contrarian, then they use that because that's their talking point. If you ask them to tell you about that, you should say, let's go live and talk about what you know about the Congo right now. I bet you they don't have the information.
Speaker 3: I know they don't because they never say anything. I'd be like, well, show me where you've posted about it, show me the information that you have that I don't have, and they'd be like, oh, it's out there. You're just not looking for whatever. Okay, there we go. Well with that said brings us to the end of another Dope episode. Shout out to our brother Michael Blake for his education on the the political system and he broke it down how you know laws get made, and he broke us down to actually what he does and how we need to be utilizing our voices in our platforms to transform this nation. So shout out to Michael Blake. Make sure that you go if you can go.
Speaker 1: Follow him Ciros Cairo.
Speaker 2: So with that said, we love y'all.
Speaker 3: Make sure that y'all follow us at TMI on Instagram. Leave us your messages, tell us what you want us to talk about, tell us that you love us, tell us what you don't like, tell us who you want to see, who you want to hear from. We want to know about you because we want to stay number one, number one, number one t M I and I'm not gonna.
Speaker 4: Always be right.
Speaker 3: She's not gonna always be wrong, but we will both always and I mean always, be out that.
Speaker 2: Check out the video version of TMI.
Speaker 1: Every single Wednesday on Iwoman Dot TV.
Speaker 4: That's how