Speaker 1: What's going on y'all as Tony Cole's gonna check me out on the Bootleg KIV podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, before we start the episode, we're gonna remind everybody, man, we got one of the biggest radio shows in the country, syndicated in almost one hundred cities all over. Shout out to iHeartRadio. All right, some of the latest cities that we've been able to add. Man, we want to give a shout out to ninety three point nine to Beat in Honolulu. That's right, Hawaii, We over there going crazy. I also want to give a shout out Hot ninety eight three and Tucson. Shout out to Tucson going crazy. Also want to give a shout out to Wild ninety four one in Tampa going crazy. We just got Richmond. We also just got the good folks in Bakersfield at Hot one O four to seven. So we're going crazy on the radio with my partner James Andre Jefferson Junior for the Bootleg keV Show. So make sure you tune in and you can listen anywhere on that iHeart Radio app. That's right, let's get into the interview Boutleg CAV podcast. Man, we got a special guest in here, Tony Coles, welcome a lot of people. People might not know you by your face, no, but they know you by your music. You're a producer, yes, sir, and you're I would say, the architect of a lot of the sound that Big X the Plug has been, I mean the last few years, just been putting in this work with these samples and all that ship. Where you from?
Speaker 1: You from Dallas? Dallas? I would say Norwich from hills like North Forward. Okay, that's pretty bad, but I'll just say Dallas because usually no people.
Speaker 2: When people for sure, it's like when like people ask O T like where he's from these like Houston but Bay Cities. Yeah, yeah, that type of deal.
Speaker 1: Definitely that type of deal. But yeah, like I would say Dallas Forward.
Speaker 2: So how long have you been making beats?
Speaker 1: Taking it? Seriously? Shit, I've probably been. It's just like maybe like twenty nineteen, Okay, as far as like me like saying, all right, I'm gonna see what this hit can do for me. You know what I'm saying. Before that, though, like I would make beats like in high school maybe like starting like twenty seventeen or something.
Speaker 2: No, it was garage man, on my mom's phone.
Speaker 1: Was where it's on my phone.
Speaker 2: On my mom's phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I didn't have an iPhone until like I was a junior in college.
Speaker 2: So once twenty nineteen hits and you start taking it serious.
Speaker 1: What are you using? Yeah? By that time, yeah, I'm using like logic, I'm on logic.
Speaker 2: So you're a logic guy, right, like right to this day, you do.
Speaker 1: You're on logic, straight logic.
Speaker 2: I know how to use FL but like logic is like my my go to. People love logic. This guy loves logic.
Speaker 1: My producer he does.
Speaker 2: You're an FL guy, but you know how.
Speaker 1: To use logic though, use or yeah. See, it's just it's a it's like it's just different for different people. I think the workflow and logic is easier than FL to be honest.
Speaker 2: So, uh, how long have you actually been like locked in with X and the six hundred guys.
Speaker 1: I probably met X back and we met X right after you got signed with you, so like twenty twenty two, and we were actually talking about this not too long ago. Like I didn't realize how early I came in, Like I was just I had just seen them and I was like Damn, I got some beats already, like that shit with me, see what I can do. But like yeah twenty twenty two, Yeah, like this hole in the wall bar, no one's there, Like I connect with Bubba shout out DJ Yeah, connected with him like I'm just trying to get beasta bro, and he's like, shit you are I said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, yeah, so ship.
Speaker 1: I sent him a pack and ship fifteen beats in the hook. That's like where like levels came from? Dream?
Speaker 2: Well, you're like you developed your drop after some time, right, Like your tag wasn't on like the earlier stuff. No, yeah it was, It was just wasn't as loud. It definitely wasn't as loud.
Speaker 1: I remember because I would like kind of like intentionally turn it down because like I don't want it to be too right in the way. But now it's like no production. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: What what would you say? Like, because I feel like you guys are like, I mean, ship man, you guys are bringing the sample ship back to hip hop right now. No, for sure, And it's been dope to just see like other artists like you, Like obviously you guys are influenced a lot of Ship. That's going on right now, because I've heard a lot. I've heard a lot of other new artists that are coming up, and it sounds like, oh, this sounds like some big X beats. You know what I'm saying right Like the fact you guys are able to develop this sound and turn it into like massive genre. Yeah, yeah, that's that's you guys has his own genre. Yeah, because it's like the thing about X is like he'll have records like well, you're not sure where the hook is, but they'll be gold, yeah, you know, and that and then but then but then, like recently, you know, obviously he's been catching records, like real records of radio like largest in two AM's Top twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh this Bailey zimmerament. Did you do the Bailey?
Speaker 1: No, that was a bad play, shout out band play and Charlie Cooks that's fucking fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's but you did two Am. Two am was aimame on my neck.
Speaker 1: He did the sample of great record, but every you know, everything else though, Yeah, the largest, the largest. Yeah, me and band.
Speaker 2: Playing like it's like a who's in the crew.
Speaker 1: It's me, me, band play, Charlie Cooks and we just started working with Dave. I believe his last name is pronounced Cohen, but yeah, Dave. And so it's just like now it's like currently the four of us working.
Speaker 2: But so who's like uh like because some of these samples you guys use are like pretty sick, like are you digging for samples like on YouTube?
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie, bro it come how I come. Sometimes it's like bro, bro like will already like have an idea? I have an idea, like like the Law and Order beat like we had he was watching Law and Order in the LA B and B was like, hey Tom, you get up this type of deal and I did it.
Speaker 2: We couldn't use the actual samples, so.
Speaker 1: Actually me and well I actually remade it in and there I had Charlie played my guitar part, but like we like interpolated and everything, but it will be happening like that or we'll actually have beats already. And you know, I'm a you know I love old school music. I didn't like, I really didn't start listening to rap music too. I was like, maybe like in high.
Speaker 2: School old school to you, then old school to me is like.
Speaker 1: Steve Wonder Okay, that's that's actual Michael Jackson like sometimes old school Nelly. Yeah, No, I'm I'm like I'm old School's fifty sack like in my brain, you know, I'm back then, you know what I'm saying, Like all that seventies eighties music, Like that's that's what I love for, like with the you say, Nelly and stuff like that, like that whole generation likes because how are you twenty four? Okay?
Speaker 2: So yeah, so that's that's quite literally old school for you though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But even like even like ship that came in made a little afeel, like the like the graduation ship with like Kanye and shit like that's.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like do you feel like because the other thing that I really obviously you know, X does what he does. I just had real soon and I was just giving him props because you know, obviously those guys rap what they rap and bang with they bang. But I feel like what I appreciate about, uh, the six hundred entertainment out of Dallas is while it is street rooted, it feels very positive in terms of the energy.
Speaker 1: Definitely, we're yeah, we're trying to change like the whole.
Speaker 2: Man Dallas man. Fuck, it's like every time up up, before X, it just felt like there was just so much violence and so much negativity, and it's like already kind of like a city that didn't really have an identity for so many years. It was like Dureaux, you know what I'm saying, and and the Dougie Dude by Dougie Lil Will oh yeah, yeah yeah. But like it was really like there really wasn't like and then obviously there was a few artists that really got big and they all ended up beating with each other, and you know, not to get into the specifics, but it felt like there was just a lot of negative energy out of Dallas, and like X comes through and like you guys are wrapping your ass off and just doing like I guess just that's one thing. It's like this dude came through and just kind of the Texas record is what really kicked.
Speaker 1: That's what kicked it off, for sure. Yeah, that's what kicked it off. But I can attest to that for sure. Like we're trying to, especially with the next project we got coming out, like it's all get money, all elevate yourself, all get better, whether it is financial or not. Just make yourself better. Like we're on. That's what we're on. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Even like the storytelling on like two am, it's so fire. It's like, yo, who's fucking telling stories? Like we need more storytelling? Yeah right, I would push the radio.
Speaker 1: That was definitely all all him on that he was because he had heard the beat and he was like, I think, I think I know I want to do this. I think I know I want to do this. So you know the way he the way he prepares, like he'll he'll sit and write for a good minute, Like we'll have the beat play for a good little minute and he'll.
Speaker 2: Just write to it, and we would never know like how he's going to write it?
Speaker 1: No, who do it on his phone? Wow?
Speaker 2: But he's right, he's like type it out lyrics.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: To me, that's another important thing because I feel like punching in has ruined lyricism to an extent. I kind of agree with that because you'll be in the studio with someone and you'll watch them. I have a studio here, so like I'll be in the studio and I watch people punch in, and it's like there's not really much thought into like what you're doing because you're just trying to like fill in the melody, just get to the next line, as opposed to like really trying to.
Speaker 1: See Yeah, like I said, like that, in my opinion, there's like there's different vibes for rap. I'm saying, like you know, you got your turn up music, or they're not really saying nothing, you got your you know, you know you're real like intricate, like well thoughts. So it's all it's all different vibes, you know what I'm saying. But I think, yeah, punching is kind of like there's a there's a time for it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like, uh, you know, I feel like the other cool thing. I was just talking with somebody. I was just talking with Jelly about this because I know him and Next keeps sending each other records and they can't they haven't met on one yet, That's what Jelly said. But what I like about X is the ship he's doing in the country world. It's not like he's like bringing country damn near to like his world because he's not like these are like trap beats he's rapping on, you know what I'm saying, Like the ship with shaboozy this new record, like like he's not fucking singing, he's wrapping his ass off on these countries.
Speaker 1: It's it's exciting in a way because it's like it's, damn, You're new genre exactly like it's it's it's a as we're going through trying to make and finalize like the country shit, like we've been basically okay, what does this even sound? Like? Like what is this even and as we're going along, okay, well this is kind of like maybe the vibe going for And it's like you said, created up, created, created, It's created a whole new genre, new vibe, new sound. What I'm saying like me being a person who's like I love all kinds of music, but like country, I want to say it's the first thing I play when I get in the car, but like being able to merge these two vibes and be able to create this sound on top of us already having a new sound and new vibe, like it's.
Speaker 2: Was the Bailey Zermanman records something that you guys said to him or how did that?
Speaker 1: How did that?
Speaker 2: I know you didn't do the beat, but was that something where because.
Speaker 1: Oh we actually I think we actually pissed it from Morgan first. Yeah, and whoever is probably in his his team, like what about this guy? What about Bailey? Yeah? So I can't remember how I just remember because so much music.
Speaker 2: What has been your first what was your first plaque? You got, first certification?
Speaker 1: First certification was I think it was Levels Gold? Yeah, Levels Gold, which I think Levels now is double platinum or it should be certified as double platinum now or almost for sure.
Speaker 2: But his Levels the record where he runs out of breath at the end, been popping.
Speaker 1: My ship on a whole nother.
Speaker 2: No, I know, I know, yeah, but no, there's what's the record where he's like banging crip like that? What's the Hey, I don't mean I played hot hockey, yees something like Ricky Babby.
Speaker 1: Why I should be able to know that?
Speaker 2: Did you do that record? No? That was that was before I came that before I came in. Yeah, that was the one that was the coolest thing I ever seen a rapper do where he ran out of breath and kept the take. Yeah, what I don't remember. It's not a big step.
Speaker 1: It's safe house.
Speaker 2: Safe House was his his?
Speaker 1: Like it's a city like in the city like popping.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like, oh.
Speaker 1: This shit hard? Yeah, sod.
Speaker 2: So for you, like what would be advice you would give up and coming producers, because I feel like I feel like the best way to pop is and correct me if I'm wrong, if you think, but what kind of the route you guys are taking? And that's like building with an artist on the ground, for sure, That's the way I did it. For sure.
Speaker 1: I think that's like a very good efficient way.
Speaker 2: Like if you find someone in your city that's got some motion, build with them, build.
Speaker 1: A sound, build with them, build a sound. Like you know, you can always shoot out beats and emails and stuff like that, but I think actually getting in locking in with somebody is good. Now I'm not going to say, like go exactly do that because like I don't know, like I was going to.
Speaker 2: Say, everyone has a different path, right exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's why it's kind of hard for me to like give advice in a way because it's like everyone's life isn't curated the same way, Like everybody don't have the same schedule. So it's like but I mean, I'll show you what work.
Speaker 2: I can tell you what worked for me.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, locking in with one artist and just punching and see how it goes.
Speaker 2: You know, been uh like a nice like have you been able to expand like working with other artists just based on the success you've had, Like.
Speaker 1: That's actually that's where I'm in the process of it right now. There's I got stuff. I actually can't talk about it.
Speaker 2: Right There's a lot of people are tapping.
Speaker 1: In, there's stuff on the way, and then you know, as my personal career is going along, I'm you know, developing too.
Speaker 2: But yeah, any other producers tap in with you and be like yo, absolute like what you're doing is crazy.
Speaker 1: So you know, some I want to say like directly like DM with hey, bro, you're doing anything type of deal, Like I don't know. I also don't really look for that either, so it's like, yeah some of them do, Like bands is really like the person I work with. You know, there's I can't remember. There's other producers you.
Speaker 2: Do you do you take loops from other producers, Like if someone has like a dope sample and they're like, yeah, someone's got.
Speaker 1: A dope yeah, and it's hard. Yeah, I'll use it for.
Speaker 2: Sure, but for the most part, you're chopping your own.
Speaker 1: Either trop my own sample or just make my own loops because I can play keys too. So it's like, but if someone has a hard as sample or it's in a it's in a different like uh like what you say, like a different not different genre, but like it's in a different like vibe outside of what I'm already doing. Then like I'll take it, and then I'll use that to either just learn you know what I'm saying, and be like, Okay, what can I do to probably make it myself now? You know what I'm saying, Like example, like young Boy, Like if I want to make a young boy loop, like I'm not, I would say I'm the best at young boy loops, but I would listen to other people shouldn't be Okay, those are the elements they are using, you know what I'm saying. I'll still use the loop, but then eventually I'll did.
Speaker 2: You ever upload touff on YouTube? Like any type beats or anything like that?
Speaker 1: Uh? I really did start doing it till like a few years ago, but like, yeah, I would a long time ago. You know, I probably had like one or two I do and then now it's like I got, you know, just whatever I posted, but I do need to do that more. I feel like I want to put.
Speaker 2: More on you, just like a just you know. I mean, but I'm sure you could get the leases cracking if you really wanted to. Yeah, no, I could, I could. I just I don't know. But it's like this at this point, you could. You have all this success, It's like you might as well start tappening with other artists. Yeah, that's that's really where we are right now.
Speaker 1: For the people gets first DIBs, Yeah, pretty much. Yeah, he definitely gets first DIBs for sure. All like the hottest anything that's hot that I made.
Speaker 2: Roll Sma said, you guys are working on a new compilation. New compilation, Yeah, new six Yeah uh. He said, there's a new artist that got signed.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: If they want me to say the say the name of the new album. He didn't say what it was, but he just said, it's not that it's not Meet the Sixers, you know, it's not. It's not like there's a new name. And he said there's a new artist. Do we know who the new artist is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Murder Game p B shout out murder Game PP. If you're watching this okay from Dallas?
Speaker 2: Yeah from Dolla or.
Speaker 1: For Worth Yeah, hell yeah, for sure love him? Love them?
Speaker 2: You think Dallas? Uh. I think Houston's probably top strip club city in the country.
Speaker 1: But I feel like.
Speaker 2: Dallas is a little underrated. It's a little forgot about. It's you got to think about Texas. You guys got to be why I.
Speaker 1: Be going, right, it's for me. Like I just started tapping into the outside scene when I started, you know, working with them, So it's like I know a little bit about it, but you know, you know, you're not the club guy.
Speaker 2: Before I can be, I definitely can't be know what I'm saying, But before you're you're like you would you say you're more in the house, Like no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, Like for before I started doing this, like all right, like I was going to school, but I stopped going to school so I could, you know, kind of focus on this. But I was working seven days a week for like five years strong. I was working at Chapotle in this place called Cowboy Chicken. I'll be at chap I'll be at Cowboy Chicken Monday through Thursday, and I'll be at Chapotle for the weekend. Yeah, and then just seven days a week for like a good a good ass minute, bro, damn. Just and after work, after work every day, I just go to my computer, make beats to about twelve one in the morning, just do it all over again for a few years. So it's like for the longest time, it's.
Speaker 2: Like you had some real tenure at Chipotle. You said, what, you had some tenure there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like I don't know's that's ship? It was crazy thinking about it now, bro, It's it's really wild because were.
Speaker 2: You skimming on the ingredients? You know that? No, I will bless the game, bless them.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, they'd be.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, we're supposed to portion. You're supposed to portion this much, you know, you know, don't give this not a rise? Like nah, I'm you want to make a chicken brot. Yeah, I was that worker because I didn't. I didn't I knew what I wanted to do, So it was like I'm not. No.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's it's important because I feel like a lot of times people probably have those type of jobs and they have dreams and they feel like they're so like unobtainable because you at the end of the day, you got to show up to work schedule.
Speaker 1: In my mind, I already knew, like especially like when I told you I started taking it seriously. And that was around COVID too, so I was locked in the house for months, So that kind of helped me beyond that every day ship. But like I don't know, I already made up in my mind by that time when I was working Pullet, like, I was like, I'm not gonna be doing this forever, Bro, I'm not. This is not it means to an end. Yeah, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna do this because I was. I'm trying to tell you, Bro, I was literally seven days a week, like just like literally out there crazy, like I bet like Cowboy Chicken is chicken. It's it's it's actually pretty good, like gonna lie, it's wood fire roasted chicken that sounds fire and it's it's funny because after work I would go to the studio and I would, you know, it was real chill.
Speaker 2: So I would bring a whole I'll be like.
Speaker 1: Three whole chickens and mashed potatoes and mac and cheese and just.
Speaker 2: Have everybody like, oh, this guy's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coming to whole smelling like smelling like chicken and everything crazy.
Speaker 2: Like with fire chicken.
Speaker 1: Like with chicken. It's like no, it's like literally on the like, oh yeah, it's on a thing for real, like it it's actually pretty good when you go at the right time, I'll say that it's good. You gotta get fresh. But that's what I was doing. I was doing that, Tom Thumb. I was at I was doing Uber not Uber Amazon Flex, Like what is that. It's like where you can drive around, but it's in your own car, can deliver.
Speaker 2: You're doing that Amazon deliveries and.
Speaker 1: On your own time.
Speaker 2: I worked at BUCkies too. Your BUCkies is a national treasure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like people who don't know how fire BUCkies is. If you've never been to BUCkies, bro, if you've never been to BUCkies, because here it's good, you don't. It's like a giant convenience store that's got food and it's an over hyped gas station. It's just exactly but it's it's justly overhyped. No, it's it's it's I remember we went out there and yeah, we went to a BUCkies. I was like, Jesus, place is huge.
Speaker 1: This is a serious establishment. Yeah, I was the I was the guy cutting the meat.
Speaker 2: I'll be like.
Speaker 1: Fresh risking on the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, if you drive through LA there's a billboard that says BUCkies eighteen hundred miles ahead.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna find them anywhere close. Bro. It's because you know, it's for the truckers and stuff like that, right right, right right. You get a lot of them coming in or a lot of people you know who are on the road, you know, road trip topic.
Speaker 2: So are you are you a Mavericks fan.
Speaker 1: I'm actually not even really into sports. Bro. When I tell you I'm music that I'm music out give au.
Speaker 2: I mean Nico Harrison, that's everyone wants to kill this guy in Dallast, Nico Harrison, the guyho traded Luca. He's oh see you No, I know a little bit about that. I know billion people had to get the cops outside his house.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was kind of wild. I gonna lie, but but yeah, for the most part, you know, I like watch it, but I'm I'm focused on making myself better, six hundred better, ex better, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, so I literally negate everything else he's young, is a young hood working on a debut project.
Speaker 1: I'm not for sure to win, but yes, everyone's everyone should be dropping a project this year. Everyone should be dropping party. I'm gonna hear from him, all right, Yeah, I just heard Orange Tate from Row. Y'all know we got the country one coming out here in the next month or so, I believe. And then yeah, I'm not sure when Peb's dropping, when Pop's dropping, but yeah, everybody, You're gonna hear from everybody this year for show for sure.
Speaker 2: Would you ever do like a metro booming style album?
Speaker 1: Hell? Yeah, that's that's that's all. That's all that's in the work, you know what I'm saying, Like, I want to do all that. I want to definitely drop my own music or have other people feature on it, you know, get people you know, other producers or other artists.
Speaker 2: But who's your Mount Rushmore producers?
Speaker 1: My Mount Rushmore of producers. That is the best question. I would say my Mount Rushmore producers in no specific order, it would be shout out to Metro love Metro, definitely spot for him, uh band play who I work without?
Speaker 2: That's just a crazy thing too, because even.
Speaker 1: Before that, like I was huge pr e fan, like Dolph, you know all them, like finally recipes Doll but finally getting to be banned. I was like crazy because he was he is inspirations, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, I gotta go metro band Weezy at the time when I started, was a big influence. If I have to name one Moreetoven amazing just from the soulfo side. I'm missing some people though. I'm missing some people because it's like I like, who else is there? J Dila? I like Jay Dila just from the sample, you know what I'm saying, Like Dylas, Yeah, that guy. That's where I can think of off top my.
Speaker 2: Yo. Have you guys because it's it's crazy because a lot of people stop sampling because it's so hard to get certain shit cleared. Have you guys ran into that issue where you guys wanted to drop a record, couldn't get the sample cleared or it was too expensive so you had to take it out redo it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, like if we get a if we get a record that we can't clear, then we'll have like Charlie Cooks so I mentioned earlier, is literally a wizard at interpolating, you know, saying.
Speaker 2: Because the interpolation is way cheaper than the actually yeah, because basically we made you're on loot pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll do that usually since now, you know, as we've been going up, or as was going up, six hundreds, been going up, like they they're like they're just clear, just clear, and be like, yeah, we're good, like like Life of a Boss that we dropped on the deluxe tape. Originally, they weren't okay with that, you know, you know, the guy was deceased and they weren't really messing with it.
Speaker 2: But then he's starting to pop, like they're like, you know what, it might be all right, might be all right. So it's a lot different to ask that question if like you're not huge, because they're like, I'm not clearing this ship. But if if the family thinks like they got some ship, can get the money coming in.
Speaker 1: It's just kind of crazy how that works too, because I thought I was from my understanding, you know, I thought it was like, oh, you I don't want to clear it because you know, they want to honor you.
Speaker 2: Know him right now, they were like, you know what, we see how successful, let's go and try it out.
Speaker 1: So the interpolation for Life of Boston statusts. So it wasn't bad, but it wasn't It's not the same. It wasn't a sampause. There's elements and a sample that we don't even recognize. It's not just the music. It's like the messed up you know, the messed up skip or the Yeah. I feel like it works like it works sometimes, but then.
Speaker 2: Other times it's like it's the cheap route. It's like, yo, an interpolation is way cheaper than it is and you get as a producer, you get more of your coin too.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. They don't take seventy five off the pub fifty off.
Speaker 2: The pub samples maybe cracking you.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's nothing nothing below fIF Have you done a pub deal yet? M Yeah, I'm with APG.
Speaker 2: What because you always hear like artists or producers specifically obviously Hit Boys is very famous for the issue he went through with his pop company. What did you do a co pub deal? Did you do an admin deal? What was your like?
Speaker 1: That's co pup co pub?
Speaker 2: Was it something that you because I feel like sometimes people get to the motion and they'll rush into a publishing deal right for you. Was it like, did you shop it around? Was it because I'm sure a lot of people this was very or was it early on?
Speaker 1: It was I want to say it was early on. I really just got it like last year. In the last year there No, there was definitely a lot of thought into we probably talked to like five different publishing companies and just trying to get the best deal because at the time, like I probably I had a lot of X stuff done, but I mean, obviously now I have more. But it's just they I don't know, they weren't. They weren't seeing it like that. So it was like I knew my potential. I knew I know where I can go, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I wish you would have waited. Do I wish I would have waited. I don't know, But I feel like everything's happened for a reason. Yeah, I think everything's happened in the right timing, and it is happening in the right time, and so I don't I really don't try to like do my own time.
Speaker 2: And because if it's a copor deal, like technically they're supposed to help you get into sessions and help you get placed. What you know, Hey there's a writing camp.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, you know, we'll definitely we'll definitely have those and they'll definitely shout out like, hey, these people need beats. A hey there's a camp here. You know what I'm saying like that. So, but like I said, like, even though I've had like so much success with this, it's like I'm still even my personal career is still right like and it's baby years.
Speaker 2: For sure, So I'm still I'm still learning a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm still you know, as far as the business side and the music side, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, who who whose voice? Is your tag?
Speaker 1: I got it off a website and I'm still indifferent to it, bro the Tony very Yeah, I got off a website.
Speaker 2: Still very When you say you got it off a website, what's that mean?
Speaker 1: It's like I could like something. It was like female voice, kind of sexy, So it's like a At the time, I don't think it was considered AI, but it probably is. So it's just a generic computer voice. Because at first I had to say, is this Tony cold? Because my homegirl said it? At first?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could have what we felt like but now, but now she's got to wish her happy birthday and that was the end of it. That's a very terrible reason.
Speaker 1: For that was it was it was one birthday I forgot. But we're not gonna speak on that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like it drops your tag, your tag now.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's weird, bro, just I'm indifferent to it still.
Speaker 2: Just know it's hard, it's different. Yeah, it sounds very corporate.
Speaker 1: And then I got the I got the other one where it's row Actually let us your ride. That's actually ro that's fire. Yeah. Yeah, shout out to freaking row Man. Love the orange tape. Yeah, Orange tape. I'm glad it's doing what's doing, like Rose, that's a dude who really really put in that rap work for he can like it's like rent du like rent dude.
Speaker 2: For people who want to follow you online, man, where can they find you?
Speaker 1: You can find me Instagram at one Tony Cole's you know, tap in what's your government name? Coles is my middle name? Okay close my middle name, but that's essentially your name. Yeah, this is yeah, my name ship Tony Coles. Yeah, at one Tony Coles. I think I said that right on Instagram. If y'all want to just peat what I'm doing. You know, tap in, tap in, let's do it.
Speaker 2: You know, a lot of new music on the way, a lot of new music in the in the pipeline.
Speaker 1: Of music in the pipeline, a lot of music on the way, a lot of motion happening, six hundred, all that boom, Tony.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you coming through, man. I appreciate you inviting me, Man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Yeah,