Speaker 1: To I removedling deep speedways pass.
Speaker 2: From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 3: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 4: He's got my.
Speaker 3: Hands in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: What is up Dolphins? And welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show we kick off the summer interview series. We have a bunch of player chats that I recorded already in the can that you're gonna hear on the podcast from now up until the start of training camp, in addition to the divisional previews.
Speaker 3: But today we have just two chats that I had.
Speaker 5: One with the specialist Blake Ferguson Jason Sanders, Jake Bailey, and also my chat with Dolphins linebacker David Long. All of that here on the Draft Time Podcast from the Baptist Hill Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is the aforementioned Draft Time podcast.
Speaker 4: Mae Jaffir.
Speaker 5: This one got off the rails early and stayed there for the entire duration. My chat with a specialist and by the way, Jake Bailey was in full uniform for this chat, helmet and all.
Speaker 3: Because it was media day.
Speaker 5: We were doing photos, So he in his uniform was a big part of the chatter and the banter and the jokes. Jason Sanders, Blake Ferguson, Jake Bailey and yours Shirley.
Speaker 3: Let's roll it. What up Dolphins?
Speaker 5: Travis winfully to hear the host of the Draft Time podcast, and I am joined today. This is actually the first time I've had more than one person on the show at a time. And there are three Miami Dolphins, Jason Sanders, Blake Ferguson, and Jake Bailey. And why don't we go ahead and start with the elephant in the room. Guys, Jake, you're dressed definitely than all of us right now. I know it's an audio platform, let's go ahead and dress that real quick. So full uniform. It's an interesting call to come into a pot personally.
Speaker 6: This is an all audio podcast. But yes, I'm coming straight from the pictures. And you didn't want to make these guys wait.
Speaker 3: Well, how come you guys to join suit here with Jake?
Speaker 7: You know iris the dedication to the bit he I mean, he's a.
Speaker 8: Work and full uniform.
Speaker 3: Is that how meetings usually go? You're in there with your your full shore pads.
Speaker 9: And usually the hot tub.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're you got you gotta talk into that thing man a little ways away, Jason, what do you think, man? You you're you're the You're the long term vet here of the of the room. Just just go ahead and tell us about these guys. What's what's fun about working with with Blake and Jake?
Speaker 4: Well, these guys we got a lot of personality in the room. So if you look at Jake and it speaks for yourself, Blake, he's he's so funny.
Speaker 9: Funny man, I'm just sitting here looking at Jake and his full uniform.
Speaker 4: Now, we all love each other. So when we we get to hang out with each other and it's it's always a good time.
Speaker 8: There's always be funny. Joe's lying the jads at everybody. So together.
Speaker 4: I like it. I like this room and I like what we're what we got going on this year.
Speaker 5: I just talked to River Craycraft about golf, and you were the name that came up as the best golfer on the team. Is that a truth? Can you guys also attest to that? You guys also play, I.
Speaker 9: Haven't been slumping recently, played with these.
Speaker 8: Guys, in a while, and so they want to know. But me being the best guy.
Speaker 4: On the team needs to stop because the game has been regressing pretty bad.
Speaker 7: Did River also mention that Jason is the biggest Sam Bagger on the team?
Speaker 3: Man, gotta respect the game, man.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's a lot of guys on the team that like to play golf, so it's always fun to get out there with the boys. So I wouldn't say I'm the best right now, but there's a lot of there's a lot of there's a lot of competitive golfers on this team, so when we all.
Speaker 8: Get out there, it's always fun.
Speaker 3: He asked you a question.
Speaker 4: It's not Jake, I'm saying that there's a lot of guys that are good on this team.
Speaker 5: I'll say that isn't so isn't that partially like your job though, because you're the one that gets like when if you like miss a kick, is he giving you anything? Is it like, does anyone besides like your coach give you like, hey, you you did this so like it's like a golf swing. It's like I know you were out to end. I know you were a little quick. Like is there back and forth?
Speaker 8: People just.
Speaker 4: Jake does a good job of giving you feedback.
Speaker 10: Me.
Speaker 4: He'll take the blame if it's not his fault, and he's a good guy. Blake does too as well. It makes it a lot easier when you got.
Speaker 5: These two in the room. So absolutely, especially Blake never messes up those. So that's why I wanted to ask you. Blake was so like, this is a profession of jobs where you only get noticed if you mess up referees, offensive lineman to a certain degree, but I feel like the long snapper is the ultimate in that regard.
Speaker 3: Is that do you ever have to internalize that?
Speaker 5: Like, is there a certain stress that comes with knowing that you're only going to get your name printed if you do something wrong?
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely, But I think we kind of take pride as specialists in doing that and in knowing that you know, you have one opportunity to go out there and do your job and do it well, and typically if it doesn't get done well, everybody's gonna know both or I guess all three. Kicking, punting, long snapping. What I've always tried to kind of equate it to is like a sniper mentality where you've got one shot to kill, you go out there and if you miss, everybody is gonna hear the shot go off. Uh, and know that it didn't, you know, get executed properly. But that's that's kind of what you have to take pride in and and uh, it's just kind of the nature of the business. You know, you're not going to be the one with the name in the headlines unless it's for something not great.
Speaker 3: So or if you get a contract extension.
Speaker 8: That works too, it usually works well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So so both of you guys have had that here at the Dolphins. You obviously got signed and brought back this year. So I guess in a way, all three of us have have seen extensions. How how excited, I don't know. I guess I'll go to.
Speaker 3: You, Jakes.
Speaker 5: We haven't talked to you much since us full uniform sitting back there.
Speaker 3: I want to get your input on.
Speaker 5: Joining these guys and and how special to be back in the same room, because this is a league full of turnover man to be able work the same guys for a second straight year, How special is that to you?
Speaker 9: Super special? Yeah? I love working with these guys.
Speaker 6: They definitely keep it light and it's just fun to come to work. Every day and hang out and get better with them.
Speaker 3: Insightful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we pride ourselves on being the least penalized position group of the whole team.
Speaker 5: More, we only had one penalty. That's why I thought we were going, do you carry to address that, Blake?
Speaker 8: I didn't get fine. Actually, what happened, what happened.
Speaker 3: After the whistle? Actually, there you go. It's a team game.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you gotta count your teammate so they're a little bit So let's let's go ahead and go back to you, Jason, because to me, on a team full of elite celebrations, you had the best one last year was the Yeah wow, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 9: I agree.
Speaker 5: What was a big game. That was my favorite day of the entire year. So we got that big win, quinch the playoff spot. I go home late at night. My wife had like the sarkling log thing on the YouTube, and like all the Christmas presents were set out. I was just in a really good place that night, and you helped that happen. So thank you for that, All three of you guys did.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you guys making that day so special for me. But one, two, three, four, five, does that spur the moment. You can't think about that before the kick, right, or maybe you did.
Speaker 4: I wasn't gonna do anything. We were just gonna walk off, celebrate and we won. You know, But as soon as somebody picks you up, now there's a camera and you can just stand there, now you might look like an idiots. You gotta do something.
Speaker 9: This is a good question though I was wondering this. You weren't thinking about that at all before?
Speaker 4: No, because if you don't make it, guess what good for you?
Speaker 8: We're not going to celebrate.
Speaker 4: So but as soon as someone picks you up, adrenaline hits, and yeah, you gotta do something.
Speaker 8: And that's the first thing that came to my mind.
Speaker 3: How many times have you made the elevator now in the lobby?
Speaker 4: It's been a few, right, at least twice, maybe three times.
Speaker 7: I don't know how long has it been a thing, because was it like twenty twenty one?
Speaker 8: That's what it came about before? Has it?
Speaker 4: And going?
Speaker 8: Since I was.
Speaker 4: On in my rookiyearre you And that's the only time I would say three times. Three times for sure.
Speaker 8: They did the Jets last two seasons ago.
Speaker 3: Oh the game winner, Yeah, yeah, and then I had with my Rooki.
Speaker 8: Years so three minimum, which is which is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: So yeah, very cool.
Speaker 5: It's it's really I mean, that's one of the things with our fans look forward to every single week after when is what what happens on the elevator? So take it up. There is quite an honor obviously. What's a day like in the life of a specialist? Like what's what time do you get here? When does like stuff really start to happen? And just how much time do you guys spend together throughout the course of the day. Let's go ahead and start with you, Jake. I want to get you some more insight from you here.
Speaker 9: Well, usually it starts off at breakfast. We all sit down at breakfast, hang out with each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, the food's great.
Speaker 4: To start up pretty fast in the BMW.
Speaker 9: No tesla, so it just stay yeah exactly. And then you usually we'll you know, have a meeting or.
Speaker 6: Two and then I like to go in the hot tub, and then sometimes we play some FIFA and like usually gets upset.
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 1: Because Jason's the best at FIFA and.
Speaker 9: Yeah, best sick golf and FIVA.
Speaker 3: There's a correlation there.
Speaker 5: I think, what about you, Jason, what's the what's the highlight of the day for you with these guys?
Speaker 4: The highlight of the day with my boys, I don't know. Anytime we're together, it's always fun. We always crack jokes at each other, like one day I could be the target and one day Jake could be the target, you know, So it depends on what.
Speaker 8: Day it is.
Speaker 4: And even if it's a practice like it doesn't it doesn't matter. So when we're all together, it's a it's a good time.
Speaker 3: Why is the breakfast table the highlight of the day, Blake.
Speaker 7: I think it's just cool having a group of guys that you know, just enjoys being around each other. I think coach McDaniel has done a really good job in our facility of creating a culture of like, just enjoy coming to work and just even the moments where you're not necessarily in a film room or on the practice field or working per se, you still enjoy being around your teammates, enjoying conversation, enjoying getting to know, you know, about the lives of the guys that you spend so many hours with throughout the course of the season.
Speaker 5: I'm impressed by your professionalism to keep it together during that entire thing. We are currently in a calf massage happening between the kicker and the punter right now. So Blake keeping his composent, that's what you do.
Speaker 1: What you.
Speaker 8: Didn't get his opportunity to the hot time.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, this is off the rails and the best way possible. One of the things I wrote down in my notes here was I could imagine that maybe you guys would be better with each other at like a newly weed game than your significant others.
Speaker 3: Is that true? You think?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you got some questions you can fire off.
Speaker 3: What is what is Blake Ferguson's biggest fear?
Speaker 9: To give me thirty seconds to think of this, Okay.
Speaker 5: I'll go to Blake. What is what is Jason Sanders' favorite food? Guys are killing it on fire.
Speaker 9: We're not good.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be Bolon's big Netto's.
Speaker 4: Shut up bignettas shout out by Carlos.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I guess I'll have to ask, but we'll come back to you after a question for or do you have it for me?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: You don't have it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, Jason, what pretty fearless, to be honest, what is uh? Who is who is Jake Bailey's favorite band or musical artist?
Speaker 8: Musical artists?
Speaker 10: But all right, is that a little answer? No, I'll take it all right. Can you give us the answer? I'm gonna go Zach.
Speaker 6: Brown Man, I watched the Bob Marley movie two nights ago and that.
Speaker 9: Was very good. So that's so I'm going with.
Speaker 8: Is hyper fixation of it?
Speaker 5: Did you happen to see two? Was rendition of Three Little Birds at the Blue Out? I think I think I saw.
Speaker 8: It pretty good.
Speaker 5: He's go pretty good, pretty good voice, pretty good, pretty favorite part. Yeah, like you got any jokes you'd like to tell us? Are you still still on the biggest fear of questions?
Speaker 2: I would know.
Speaker 9: I think he's fearless. That's my final answer.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: My biggest fear is drowning, which is quite concerning, Uh, considering we live in Miami and there's like boats in the beach.
Speaker 9: And there are like boats.
Speaker 3: Do you go to the beach often?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 8: No, I prefer pool more than the beach.
Speaker 9: Because there's do you take your shirt off the ocean?
Speaker 3: Do you wear your full uniform to the pool.
Speaker 8: I don't I don't put my I don't put my helmet.
Speaker 9: On to get in. You rash guard or a shirt on the pool.
Speaker 2: Gay Jason, you gotta get He's got the commentary, what about what about wildlife in the ocean though, That's what scares me more than drowning.
Speaker 8: We were in Hawaii last year. Interesting story. We were in Hawaii last year and uh it was with my now fiance.
Speaker 9: And congrats, congrats, thanks appreciate it.
Speaker 7: We were swimming in the ocean talking to some fellow beach goers and here comes like this dark spot in the water, and Abby's like, I'm gonna put my goggles on and go see what it is. She just like swims off, knowing that I'm like, we're not gonna swim past you know where I can touch. I'm like the I'm like the the child. Anyway, it turned out to be a sea turtle. Thankfully, that thing that can't tell you don't know that I couldn't see it from above. She's like, I'm gonna go swim at it and see what it was that we didn't.
Speaker 3: Actually a similar story last week.
Speaker 5: Last weekend took the family to Daytona and my daughter loves to boogie board with me. She likes going out there and we ride the little waves in and I felt something behind me that I kicked, and I looked back and for three seconds I didn't know what it was. So those three seconds were abject terror. But it was a man tea float around out there. They don't like they just bomb around and they look just like a shark because they're great. Like. Yeah, so that three seconds of but man, it's the ocean. I love it, but it's also terrifying. What's what's Blake Ferguson's biggest fear drowning?
Speaker 9: But I I always see him as fearless.
Speaker 5: It's a quick answer. I just wanted to come right back, maybe turtles. People want to know, is is uh is your fiance? His name Ferguson, but chance Ferguson Ferguson, because people want to know, is it gonna is she gonna take your last name?
Speaker 9: Very tight? Ferguson would be a nice first name.
Speaker 8: Ferguson.
Speaker 3: Is it like Bailey squared?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 3: Or what's what's the plane?
Speaker 9: Can I just do Beyonce?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I heard Jake was taking her last It's a good one. No thoughts I'm not gonna be doing that, Okay, all right, guys, this is fun. I kind of wanted to make a full episode of it because it was I thought would be kind of a fun, unique thing we're doing here. But I appreciate you all's time. I appreciate you joking with me and actually talking some football here. So Blake Fergus and Jason Sanders, Jake Billy, thank you, guys, you're the best.
Speaker 9: Thank you, and away they go.
Speaker 5: That was pretty fun, pretty unique as far as what we do here on the show. First break right there, we'll come back on the other side and hear from Dolphins linebacker.
Speaker 3: Very different interview, but very very good David Long.
Speaker 5: That's next Drift Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by automation. What about Dolphins. I'm here with Dolphins linebacker David Long Junior.
Speaker 9: David.
Speaker 3: What's happening man? How you doing in a how's life treating right now?
Speaker 11: Good man?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. This is a fun day for me.
Speaker 5: So all these interviews happen one day, so you guys are gonna hear these with the course of the summer, but we have these all day long. I got a chance to talk to you guys, and this is my best chance to meet some of you guys like you and I have we've met a few times before.
Speaker 3: But I I love it. Man, It's a great time. How about you. How's your media day going good?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 11: I got in here. I was excited to put that eleven back on and brought a lot of memories back. And you know, it's good. It's good, you know, getting back to to ball.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 11: Media day is just another feeling, another step closer to you know, the season is around the corner.
Speaker 5: It does feel that way like it's it comes faster every year. It feels like probably for you in the year six as well, just it steaks up on you faster every single year.
Speaker 11: It feels like and it's like it's my second year in Miami, six year in the league, and where I'm at right now, I just you know, just living in a moment, you know, be where your feet are. You know, earlier in my years, I just couldn't wait to know. I gotta stay on, you know, get to the second contract and just certain other things as a young player you so so worried about. And I'm got that year left here, But where I'm out. I'm not thinking about that like people people ask me, gotta not only a two year But you know, I'm living in the moment, you know what I'm saying, So lessens my anxiety or whatever that may be. So that's where I'm.
Speaker 5: As a father of two young children, I can tell you that living in the moment is the most important that you can do to soak it all up in cherishire because it comes and goes so fast. I'm sure a football career does as well. Definitely, you mentioned the number change, and I remember, I think I remember your tweeting about it, like you were contemplating doing it or not. What led to the decision to go from fifty one to eleven?
Speaker 11: Like I said, just now, it's just like where I'm at, I feel like I'm just in a different headspace the where I was, you know, early in my going from like college and know, being drafted in the sixth round, you know, coming in just mad at the world, you know, you know, and just like you know, that's that was the modo.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 11: Now I'm just like in like, okay, I'm here. You know, I wouldn't take a tent, you know, I'm still hungry, ambitious for more, but I'm enjoying, you know, the journey and everything that has led up to this point. And I just feel like, Okay, I wouldn't say it's a different life because I've had this number. I've just like it's just going just transitioning, you know, fifty one would just like know that where my headspace was that in my younger years when I was you know, now I've learned so much, not like you know, I don't know, it just came at the right time, said you had just left, uh you know when I came in aj had you know, eleven and it was just like, you know, it was a good time to have it, Like why did it become available now going into this year? Why I feel how I feel? You know what I'm saying. And yeah, right, it just made sense.
Speaker 5: That's and you were that at West Virginia too, right, right. I just saw a highlight cliff the other day of the Orange Bowl when West Virginia whooped up on Clemson.
Speaker 3: Were you in before your time?
Speaker 11: Before that was a.
Speaker 5: Table on Austin and Gino Smith time. It wasn't that long ago though, it was like right before you got there, right a.
Speaker 11: Couple of years before. That's how I came in twenty fifteen, you graduated, Yeah.
Speaker 5: And Gino had that like fifty fifty touchdown season like twenty thirteen or something like that.
Speaker 3: Good stuff. So I want to pivot to your foundation.
Speaker 5: We talked about little before you jump on the podcast here, but man, really really cool initiative, really cool purpose. Just just tell us a little bit about not long ago.
Speaker 11: Not long ago the name. Uh started with the name and came up with My mom came up with it just I don't know where she called me after working, like because we were contemplating, you know, because it has to you know, we want to stand for something just can't get up there and you know, just talk to these people, you know, just to do it. You know, I wanted something authentic. That name, you know, rang and rang with me when she said it, and then it made sense when I was talking to uh my partners about it, and it's just something nearer to me.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 11: You know a lot of guys try to find something after ball, and you know, you know, that's the worst place to be, in my opinions, to be lost, you know, because then you get in just this all types of stuff and I just you know, been living in my purpose and I've been blessed with you know, gets. So my my thing is to help someone that was once in my position, whether that me maybe through talking programs. Eventually I want to have a building back in since the you know, uh for after school programs like Big Brother programs, you know, but not long ago. It's uh, it's towards no single women, I mean not single women, single mothers and uh, the younger youth and dealing with mental health, you know, you know, just seeing their environment, you know, and thinking that's all it is. I was blessed to be able to get out and you know, experience so many things. Now I can open their minds up to no new stuff, and I just feel like, you know, why why wouldn't I be able to Why wouldn't I do that? You know, That's where my heart is, that where my mind is at. So the foundation after you know, going to going into the league six years, Uh, I finally got it open and up and running. So uh that's that's where my off season has been, you know, unter tours and uh, yeah's just keep building on. I had my first event on Mother's Day single mothers and they came out out uh and show a lot of love back in Cincinnati. It's an annual thing that we will continue to do, UH. But it was just so much going into the first events, like and not even just First Miss events as a whole, because I want to be just involved. I want to be I want to be involved in all the things. I don't want to just have people take care of before me and letting me know what's going on. I don't know, everybody has a different way of doing things, but you know, you want to be Yeah, I want to be more involved.
Speaker 5: So when you when you reflect back on on your childhood, because like to your to your point, like the authenticity of it sounds really, for lack of a very term, authentic, Like it sounds like it's very important to you and you want to be, like we said, very hands on involved when you reflect back on like your childhood and just you know where I guess all this kind of comes from. Do you think about how that impacted who you are today? And like, I'm sure there's a certain level of gratitude you feel for you know, maybe when things got tough, they maybe harden you in a certain way to put you in this position.
Speaker 11: Right and you know at you know, when you once you get older, and once I got in the lead, they like when you once you come in the building and leave your leave your problems at the door, you know what I'm saying. And I already learned that at a young age because of my how my mom handled her situations. And you know, you know, she worked at General Motors growing up, a car factory for people that don't know, and she just worked on car parts as a lot of labor for a woman, you know what I'm saying. And she she came in, you know, and it was a mom you know what I'm saying. And everybody doesn't take that life, you know, the same they'll they'll come in and take it out on kids or husband and wife, whatever it may be. And she she didn't know deal with her childs that way. So as a young age and I'm I'm getting older, I'm like I'm realizing, like the woman you shouldn't be working his long hours, you know, third shift, Like I'm coming after school, she's going to work at three, you know, to like eleven or whatever long that maybe as a kid, as I'm getting older, I'm like my mama shouldn't be working and these this is a hard job just for older men, you know what I'm saying. And you know, I was just just learning and and she of didn't even know she was teaching me, you know what I'm saying. And that's just it's just that's just one example of how I've become who I am and how I can relate to these kids in these certain situations, like.
Speaker 3: She leaves by example.
Speaker 5: For you, maybe subconsciously it's it's what makes the impact on you. But now you have a position where you have a platform you can go and and you know, not subconsciously, very very in your face and be there for these kids. And I'm sure that's super powerful for them too.
Speaker 11: Ex definitely. And it's like, you know, you can see a kid that when you talk to you. When I go back home, kids ask me all types of questions and you know, you can see that they can know if you kids have a way of knowing, they do a bullspit, know what I'm saying, Like you know, like and you know you can't just be there and just like just show up, you know. So that's why you know how I went about it. That's the way I went about it.
Speaker 3: Nobody's more honest than a child.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 5: My wife is a teacher, and she like, they'll tell her like, you don't look good today, Like you, what's your makeup?
Speaker 3: Chill a little bit.
Speaker 5: No, they don't care exactly. Man, Well, that's really cool to hear that. This is why I like having these podcasts. You get to know you a little better. We are getting pretty long here, but I do want to talk a little bit of football, if that's okay with you, because man, like so full transparency. I do radio with Seth Levit Oj McDuffie. They host the fish Tank podcast. OJ played here for like ten years. Two of my best friends down in the area. And when we signed you, I'm like, go watch this dude play football. And I had my buddy Seth, who's close with Zach Thomas. I'm like, he reminds me of Zach. But the way he anticipates, in the way he plays the fast and he's just in the back of before you can even you know, get a pulling guard to him.
Speaker 3: Where does that come from?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 3: Like that, there's no way that you can like, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Part of me says, you don't either, just have that, but you also probably just can't train that. Where does the instinct for a linebacker come from that you have?
Speaker 11: It is a tough question because you know, I'm not going I am very blessed. I am very blessed, and I'm blessed with just feeling. You know, I feel a lot of stuff out and just a thought, and I trust myself. You know. It's like I got to this point, like why would I stop trusting myself? Now, That's why I when I have doubts and stuff like that, even like should I shoot even just like me and play like I'm thinking, It's just like it's you got to be a fast thinker on that field because stuff happens transition reverse. It's like you have to think fast and even like me and play, I'm like, okay, shoot like because it's like you don't have a certain amount of time before the gap closes. So I trust myself even if it's just like I read a lot of pase not read. But I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I'm in that film room day and night. I watched film most definitely. But I also I'm just a ball player. I've been playing ball a long time, So I just not just know certain things. And then when once they give it to me, I'm like, you gotta know, I see this right, you got like even like a line of So that's why even like if it's like I don't want to give my whole you know what I'm saying, but my whole little. But it's just certain things I see and I use a lot of stuff to my advantage, you know, my speed, uh even my size, you know, because a lot of get up to the second level is just about to be come here and moove. No, I'm about to come and you about to feel all twenty right here. You know what I'm saying, you know me? So yeah, And then I always had an interview with Tyler, uh say that's the name, might be sorry, but he asked me about like, no, I play my hair on fire, you know, like he says that, like a lot of people tell me I play like people owe me money. They do. But it's like, you know, it's a won't like for some people. You know what I'm saying, Like I want to play ball, like you know, I want to know reach this goal. And it's like to me, I'm out there, like I need to know I need to. It's bigger than me. So that's how I go about like whether it's practice, d a walk through, that's just how I attack it.
Speaker 5: You can't you can't hide, and you cannot manufacture passion. That's that's like this is you know, it's not football, but this is my passion. I love making good episodes for fans. I love analyzing the game and trying to make myself smarter. And when we have big wins. I love the Dolphins, man, I'm a huge Dolphins fan. So when we have big wins, that shows up in the podcast, and I feel like that's kind of the same mindset you have in terms of like, this is my favorite thing to do, and I, like you said, you want to do these things and it shows up man, like you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't manufacture that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, some people want some people want to do this thing like like coach, I want to go It's like I want to go tackle them, Like it's a as a mentality, like I would say, like once I got to college and we had a swim coach named Mike Joseph. He's still there, one of the best shimp coaches I've had, but he told me like he had a group, he had a team, mean or whatever. Right before it break out, He's like, you want to be the guy. You're not a guy. He was talking to me with a group, not a guy, you know, not a guy to you commure every day a guy shows up every day. You don't pick and choose when it show up. You know what I'm saying, You don't just turn it on. Like so even though I had the mentality, I was just more what would I say, just attentive to my daily habits, Like are you just saying are you going out there? And you live in it every day? So that's that's how I attack it, Like you can't. You can't tell me you the guy. You you know what I'm saying. You really turned it on on certain days, you know what I'm saying. That's not a guy.
Speaker 3: You can't say exactly.
Speaker 5: I love that so and thinking about that, I'll get you one more question before I get you out of here, because when I think about your play style and I think about how this offense plays, it seems like you know the old saying iron sharp AND's iron like we talk about false keys and all things this offense does. Tell me about how how they make you better.
Speaker 11: It's great, man, I think it. It makes me a better player all around, especially you know, going against Tour he's so good at look you off or even just like no look throws, just just keep you on your your piece of queues. Even tho old lineman. They're they get up to you fast. They work there every day. And he's dead Vet, but he's moving, you know what I'm saying. Lambs moving. We got Brewer here and now he's moving.
Speaker 4: Rob.
Speaker 11: All these guys can move, and they're big and smart. You know. As far as keys, you have to be disciplined. And it's great for me because you know, I want all the great work that I can get. So playing against one is uh is good because I know a lot of people can't do those no look past you know, it's not everybody's not good out there doing that. And Matt Stafford he got me on time to see he's nasty with it, you know. So that's just just certain certain you know, small things in my game that they helped me stay on top of.
Speaker 5: So I keep telling you one more, but I'm I'm just kind of fascinate because you open the can of worms there with two because because and I I said this in the podcast all the time, I try to I feel like the way football analysis is nowadays in the media landscape.
Speaker 3: And you know what do we know?
Speaker 5: I feel like it's big arm, run fast, like that's all they ever look at. But and I think it's a lot more than that in the quarterback position. But I want to hear from someone that has to see it and has to account for it. What makes two us so special?
Speaker 11: I would think I would say it's that it's because he's different than a lot of quarterbacks. You know what I'm saying, as far as reads goes, Uh, he has a he has a special way of reading them and getting you to read off. You know what I'm saying, Just certain things like all right, quarterback is going to do this. It's certain things that every quarterback does, whether it's like timing scanning the field. Uh, but the way he and the other receivers have that timing, you know, as far as he knows where they both have connection. You know what I'm saying. It's hard to kind of say unless you just out there and you're in it. You know what I'm saying. It's me even trying to describe it in my head is kind of kind of hard because I haven't said it out loud. But he's just good at, you know, manufacturing that offense.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 11: It's a lot of pieces over there, a lot of moving pieces. And we have a great defense as well. Especially we have a DC on new DC and he we're going to give him a lot of different looks, you know what I'm saying, especially like just holding stances or shills or whatever that meat. Maybe we're also going to be able to make him better for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I could do another twy Mossy Man, I'll get you out of here. David Long, our Dolphins linebacker. Appreciate your time today, man, Thanks you, Sarah, thank you, And there he goes the best man. There's so many guys like that on the damn football team that I can't get enough of talking about it with you guys and just really enjoying their presence and being around these guys.
Speaker 8: So there you go.
Speaker 3: Fun podcast.
Speaker 5: I believe our next show will be on Thursday, and I think I think we're gonna kick off the divisional previews, but that is subject to change.
Speaker 3: I'll keep you guys posted on that as we go. Along here. In the meantime, it's gonna be my time.
Speaker 5: You all. Please be sure to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Spotify, where you get your podcasts from. Go ahead and leave us at rating, leave us a review. You can follow me on social at Weekfold NFL and the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast with my guys Seth and Juice. I believe the latest episode is Jared Odrick. You do not want to miss that one for sure. Also the YouTube channel of Media Availabilities Dolphins a Day, drive time content and so much more. And last but not least, Miami Dolphins dot Com. Until next time, Finza Carona, Cameron, Daddy, He's coming home.