Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back. We're black, We're brown, ambition, ambition, ambition, Mandra We're twins again today with our great shirts.
Speaker 2: Hello. Yes, what I am a phenomenal woman today? Who are you?
Speaker 1: I am? DreamCatcher my DreamCatcher T shirt?
Speaker 2: Don't you love that? This whole t shirts that say things is coming back? This was big in like the eighth grade, except my mom. Remember my dad would like get onto me for the shirts I would buy from like Coals. They were all on this big wall at Coal's, and I think my favorite one, which, by the way, I can't the irony of me wearing their shirt, but it was like I only look sweet and innocent was my favorite one. And I had like little polka dots. There was some like yeah and problematic, very problematic and undo in the teen section at col circa two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, honestly I like the credit of Khalila, right, she's amazing. So she's the owner of Mess in a Bottle? Have you heard of it?
Speaker 2: Of course I've heard of that. Well, if you guys are your I have your generational wealth budget means to day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did like a collaboration together, but she's got a great line called mess in the Bottle following on social media it literally mess in a bottle. But she honestly has some amazing T shirts and saying it's called mess for message that all of her T shirts and toads have these amazing messages and they're just funny, hilarious but also like ooh so true. So go ahead and give Khalida a little shadow. Tell her brown ambition Sancha, Okay, so I have some like you know, child, I was like, let me let's talk some smack today about what's going on? Right, the T is the tea. Well, it's not personal, ta, But have you heard I'm sure you've heard of the site Only Fans correct, of course, right, sexy get you get.
Speaker 2: Sexy things? Did Chris Did Chris Brown have one? Did I make that out?
Speaker 1: I don't know he does have one. So anyway, Only Fans was known for those of you who are like, ah my Christian ears for being like basically the subscription site where you could follow folks and basically pay them for like stuff that they would put behind a paywall. Now I didn't have to be like sex related things, but quite honestly, that's how they got known. A lot of sex workers you know, went to only fans and like you know, and the truth is it provided a safe space because you know, one, you know, COVID was out and about two you know, I'm sure as you guys know, being a sex worker is dangerous because someone could kill you, rape you, take advantage of you. It allowed people to have ownership because there are some sex workers, unfortunately that have people who feel like they have dominion over their bodies, you know. But here was like I get to decide in a safe space what I want to do or not do. So however you feel about sex work, I'm not here to judge one way or the other. But I'm just giving you guys the backstory. Now only fans really blew up as a result of sex workers, and they've made millions. And some sex workers were making like six figures a month, you know, people paying like five ten bucks a month to see their feet or whatever, you know. And now only fans and all their raggediness has decided that they gonna be KFC without chicken, Popeyes without the biscuit, a black hair dresser without the weight. You already know what I'm talking about. I went natural because I couldn't wait no more. But no, for real that they are kicking off.
Speaker 2: Wait, I was like the weight you calling them?
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, you like the way you know You're like, they're like, we'll come at six am. Girl, you don't get into that seat until nine.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're just gonna put you under the dryer.
Speaker 1: So but I'll just say this the like, so what do you think about that? Mandy? And I've read it's because only fans is like wanting obviously to get either access to additional capital and traditional capital. Feels very like although I'm sure all those men with access to traditional capital is on only fans getting a life.
Speaker 2: But you know, you didn't tell me what chicken was. We got caught up on the.
Speaker 1: Now I said. I said chicken for like Popeyes without No, I said KFC without chicken, Popeyes without the biscuit.
Speaker 2: So they're getting rid of like you can't put sexy stuff on it anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're kicking off. They said, no more sex stuff what they want, So they want like Hilson, which I'm like, that's not what only pants. It's almost like going to pornhub and being like oh no, no, no, no, no, more porn here because they want to attract I guess more traditional means of capital money. So I was just thinking, like, what do you think about that? That letting this particular you know, segment of the population sex workers build up their their platform, like like honestly Tumblr, right, So it's my understanding that Tumblr. I did not know this, but there was a huge, you know, adult component to Tumblr. Tumblr was sold to who who bought Tumblr? I want to save a Verizon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody, but the Horizon, right, like.
Speaker 1: For like a billion dollars and then Yahoo was like, oh no, no, no, no more sexy time. So as a result, everybody left Tumblr and then they sold it to Rizon for three million. Can you imagine buying something for a billion? So after kicking off, you know, the adult element, and so now only fans is going to kick off their adult element. Do you think one that it's okay? And and two do you think they're going to be able to survive this because that's what they're known for.
Speaker 2: I mean, businesses are gonna business no matter what. So it doesn't sound like it's illegal. It sounds shisty, and it sucks because I read stories about how during the pandemic, especially when you know, sex work just wasn't really as possible, it was even less safe. And on top of that, you know exotic dancer strippers, you know, they were actually bringing in an income by building a fan base on OnlyFans, and for them it was actually a way to make money. And yeah, I mean judgment free zone, you know, as far as how they're making money, but it sucks. It definitely sucks. I wonder how like prescriptive they're going to be about what kind of content you know, how on Instagram basically anything but a nipple is okay. I see some stuff on ig and I'm just like, what is this follow It seems like everyone's tits an ass are out now because that's like the look, you know what I mean, like celebrities and influencers or whoever. Anyway, it's it's like sex sells and people are obsessed with building their their I mean, you're not going to see any of that on Mandy Money. I'm sorry. I mean you'll have to be a little bit better first, But.
Speaker 1: So only fans actually vote a tweet on August twenty first, I'm like, is this real? It is? It says dear sex workers. The only Fans community would not be what it is today without you. The policy change was necessary to secure banking and payment services to support you. We are working around the clock to come up with solutions, are they though.
Speaker 2: Because they already seem to like take the banks money.
Speaker 1: Yes, run so people are like, so instead of dropping Visa and Massacre, you chose to drop us, the people who put your platform on the map. You never promoted us only random fitness instructors and celebrities. We brought the traffic and you kicked us to the curb instead of standing up for us against the payment services platform.
Speaker 2: I'm like the time for them to start their Patreon account. Like I'm trying to think of other ways a good a sub stack. Crazy. Sex is just sex and menstrual periods are like the two biggest taboos. It's like corporate America does not want to give any money to these two causes. It's a it's a shame A.
Speaker 1: Sex Work of Rope wrote like, all you super conservative people who wanted to get rid of you know, like only fans, and now we're just going to have to have sex with your husbands again. I was like, Sis, you had to do them like that's She was like, what you think, who do you think supporting us? You know, like and I'm just like wow that, you know, It's what's so crazy to me. I remember like reading the stat or something. I was like watching a video where they were saying that, you know, as much as people pretend to be conservative in their outward lives, someone said that when church conventions come to hotels that they actually see a spike in pornography sales on like you know, like which I mean, And so it's just really hypocritical. Unfortunately, like I said, I'm not here to judge what you do or how you do as a grown person with other grown people. You know, that's consensual, but you know people love to judge and then they you know, then you look at their history, their computer history, and you're like, oh wow a system, Mary Clarence.
Speaker 2: I mean, it just it just really yeah. It just underlines and underscores why sex work is so dangerous because people will only admit that they pay for it or that it just it lives in the margins, and then they are by doing this, they are again marginalizing this sex work. And even if the people running these VC firms and these financial institutions that are backing only fans, they don't want to back them, you know, publicly. But I bet you people who work there would have no problem in the margins, you know, in the dark corners taking advantage of you know, women or other people who are offering these services or this content, you know what I mean, in a place that they wouldn't have any oversight and they'd be less safe in doing so. So just another step back for giving sex workers the protection you know, and the visibility that makes the profession a little bit more safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So I thought that. I was just like, well, we'll see, we'll see if this is another tumbler moment where if this you know, if sex workers leave in masks and only fans, if they're even able. Because here's the thing, like I wouldn't start at only fans, like you know, you and I talked about starting a Patreon for brand Ambition, which we've done it y'all will see soon, okay, But you know, like if we had it never even occurred to me, well, oh, Mandy, we should start an only fans for Brown Ambission, Like you'd be like, what because I associate only fans with sex work which is fine, but I would say that's not a platform that that Branna vission falls under. So I don't even know if they're going to be able to attract you know, like and I don't know. I guess time will tell if they'll be able to attract enough traffic new kind of traffic to not be Tumblr. So we else.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say I was there when y'all who bought Tumblr? Yeah, that was Mandy's heyday. It was quite sad, quite sad.
Speaker 1: Now, did you have you heard of broke Bobby?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Ooh girl, I'm barely on social I was just catch a girl. Okay, let me, let me set the set the stage. So youngish white dude, I think he's right, goals on TikTok and says, hey guys, me and my friends created this spreadsheet to try to figure out if we can go on vacation. Here's what the spreadsheet looks like. It's a list of I want to say, maybe like twenty friends and it says their name, their income. The highest paid friend is five million dollars a year. The lowest paid friend is one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars a year. Like they have paid time off, if they're gonna get maybe like any like bonuses they also have, if they're willing to go to a third world country, if they are willing to pry fly private, how much they're willing to spend on a one day vacation, a seven day vacation versus a three day vacation, if they have a significant other, So something.
Speaker 2: In the organization. This is like, I wish my friend group had a friend like this.
Speaker 1: No, you don't. We're gonna back it on up because this guy says so. The guy on here, I'm guessing he his name is t Cruz, and it looks like he's probably number three on the list. He makes three million plus a year, right, the last guy on the list who makes one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars a year. His name on here is broke Bobby. That's what he called. That's what they call him because broke Bobby makes a hundred and twenty five thousand dollars a year, and Kiki Key, isn't that so funny because he's poor and any one of their friends that there's about ten friends that make an under a hundred and they call them the welfare ten because just when you're like, ohh.
Speaker 2: Why is their income need to be on this spreadsheet?
Speaker 1: Exactly because they want to see whose penis is bigger obviously.
Speaker 2: And they have to like self report there. I have a lot of thoughts. I actually did see this. I didn't know that his name was broke Bobby. I'm sorry I saw something on this making its way across TikTok. I. First of all, pay transparency among friends cool. I'm kind of down with that, which I think that's dope. I've always had. I always had that one friend who I would actually tell what I was earning to and vice versa. That's good, but no, not if you're gonna make people feel bad for where they're at compared to you. I mean, Jesus Christ, broke Bobby needs some new friends unless they're gonna pay for all of his vacations. And that's why he's friends with them.
Speaker 1: And so some people were like, wait, I make that I'm the rich one in my friend or you know, I think there's a statistic statistic that says, like, you know, the average American makes like less than one quarter of what quote unquote broke Bobby is bringing in. And there's a lot of other problematic things like willing to go to a third world country, like what is that about? And then there was one interesting component where it was like they said, like, you know, are you single married girlfriend? One guy was seventy percent single whatever that means. I'm sure his girlfriend is thrilled.
Speaker 2: It's this a joke, now, jo No, and why did they publish it? I have so many questions.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I honestly I think that obviously the guy who published it wanted to show, hey, look at me, I make three million dollars a year, you know, And he later on came back on and said, oh, you guys are so sensitive. It's an inside joke. Now, here's the thing about inside jokes. They're meant for inside. TikTok is outside. And maybe Bobby doesn't want everybody to know or his business, or even your friends for people to know their business. Because some friends, you know, you have their real names on here how much they make, and you know, if they're in a relationship, you know, the person with the friend, the person in the seventy percent relationship with with that person might be like oh wow, And so I don't know, I think raking your friend it seemed less like, because here's the thing to me, if it was really Mandy, for like, hey, Mandy, you and ten of our friends we're trying to decide on vacations every year. Why can't you just say, in the beginning of the year, here's my vacation budget. Now, yes, having knowing how much you make whatever something that we might talk about. But to pretend like this sheet is to figure out if we can go on vacation. I don't need to know how much you make, you know, if I'm just figuring out your vacation budget, you know, like you might say.
Speaker 2: It can't even matter how much you make. It's more about what's your cash flow, what's your Never salary is not the whole story. We're so obsessed with salary.
Speaker 1: Yes we are. And it's just and I just thought the fact that like calling somebody broke Bobby, it's just also too It's like, are we quantifying how important our friends are to us? It seems like you get to be at the top of the wrong if you make the most, but you might be like the worst friend or like the friend that's like you know, least available, or you know, like it's just yeah, you know and I just was like, wow, so yeah, so broke Bobby's trending for all the wrong reasons. And it's just I just thought like, oh, so the guy's name is he's a real estate agent. His name is Tom Cruise, and I just think, quite honestly, he wanted people to see how much he makes. And he said, like, for example, he said, I if the trip and I get this. If there's gonna be a trip that's going to cost ten thousand dollars and a friend only wanted to spend five, he wouldn't invite them. But you don't need all this back information in order to know. That's just something to ask, Hey, this trip is going to cost five do you want to come? That's it, And then people can decide from themselves versus you trying to publicly shame them so you can say, hey, look at me, I make good money.
Speaker 2: This one goes out to all that broke Bobby. It's the broke Brenda's the broke Brandon's out there. But the dynamic in your friend group, and not even in friends group, but in family groups, when your income starts to surpass a certain like starts to surpass what's normal in your group. I mean that can make things awkward. And I even like had posted about this recently. The more transparent I've become about my income, I have had people reach out to me, like even friends or just randos from the internet, which is fine, and ask you know, aren't you worried about people knowing your net worth or how much you make or that you're successful and whatnot? And I guess I just made a decision that I'm not worried. And their insinuation is that once people know how much you make, they're just going to come and ask you for things, you know, ask for money. That has not been my situation at all. But even if it were, what else is the money for if not to create a comfortable life and to help others you know, when I need it. Call me a dirty liberal socialist whatever you want to call me, but I'm not here to I'm not here to hide it as if there's only enough for me and there's not enough for anyone else. Like the whole point, And I think what can be inspiring to a way of looking at so if you're the broke Bobby and your friend group, instead of maybe comparing yourself and feeling down, look at it more as Okay, this is what's possible, and maybe I should ask so and so some questions about how they approach their finances or do they even you know, you make three million dollars a year? Do you like your job? Are you happy? Those are the questions I'd be asking on top of that, you know, do you maybe.
Speaker 1: Are you guys hiding? Shoot? Because if you're taking home for you a million, you know, my assumption is your business is maybe making twenty million, you know. And so you're right. I don't think inherently having a sheet or talking about your finances your friends is a bad thing. I think using it as a way to shame and say I am inherently better than you because I make more. That's not true. Yeah, that's is not true. You're not in you know, because that was the tone. Like I look at Brooke, Bobby. He can't go anywhere with us, he he And it's just like that's your friend, that's your manson them. What if they call the others the welfare the welfare ten, anybody who made less.
Speaker 2: Than welfare ten. That's highly offensive to anyone who's ever gotten public benefits, because they're that's just stupid and offensive. I mean, this also reminds me of that that guy on TikTok who goes around to people's big mansions and knocks on their door and says, oh hi. You know, first of all, he had to be white. There's no way to.
Speaker 1: Imagine call the police like the neighbors across the.
Speaker 2: Streets, just like the little the little curtain moves or no one ever comes. But anyway, he's a nice guy. I just want to know what you do for a living. Your home is so beautiful and it bothers me so damn much. And I and it took me a while to realize why this series pissed me off so much. And it's just because it doesn't matter what kind of house you have. There are plenty of millionaires next door who do not have the spectacular mansions. And I wish why, Yeah, I wish that he would knock on some regular ass people's homes and say, hey, what's your net worth? Or just knock on the mansion, you know, knock on the people's mansion and say, just wondering, you know, what's your cash flow? Like, are you are your house poor? I know they're not gonna tell, but it just gives us perception that and still in America, like this idealization of like the home being the like the trophy of all trophies for success, and how so many people's version of success. You could have a millionaire living in a tiny home, you know, or a tree house in the in the forest or whatever. I just I don't like it because I feel like it does proliferate that idea that wealth is home ownership and spectacular homeownership is the way to wealth, because that is just not the case.
Speaker 1: Yes, or that's a that's a result of because I mean, I guess I could have a mansion if I wanted it. I don't know that I'll have to live in a mansion. Certainly, this is probably not our final house, but maybe the next house, you know. And the only thing different I like, the size of this house is twenty two hundred square feet, which is not huge. It's only three of us, and the Lista's gonna be going away to college soon, so it's gonna be like two of us. So I don't want some huge base. I never see my husband. But we went to a house this weekend and their house was about the same size of ours. And that they had a pool, and I was like, you know, what if when we do get a next house, I would like a pool because the pool was really nice. It was in ground and it was salt water. It was just a record pool. But she just switched it out for salt water. But I thought, hmmm, because I grew up with a big backyard and I kind of missed that because we don't have a big backyard here with grass and stuff, and so ours is all paved and so that's probably like the next move because I think one of the reasons why I've been spending less time on social media. So if you've been following me lately, you know that, like I've been doing lives when I feel like it. But at the at the suggestion of doctor Green, my coach and she's also a therapist, she said, you know, like cause I was just like, I've just I go on social media and then you see terrible things like someone's being killed or harassed, or people are posting in ways it's just not edifying to me anymore. It used to be so much fun, but it's not. But I told her I missed like teaching, you know, and lives where they're one of the main ways that I used to like teach. If I learned a lesson, I would teach it, whether it's financial education lesson, a lesson in business. And she suggested why not go live and then come off? And I tried, but I found myself like, you know, like cause it's almost like, you know, it's that one bag of chips. So then I try this. I go live, and then I actually take the app off my phone, so I uninstall the app, so it for me to go scroll again, I have to like go actively install it, and so that's helped tremendously. So I have found myself going live more and more. So I've been doing like cause I get a lot of requests for people to mentor for me to mentor people, and I'm like, yeah, I don't have as much capacity, but during the lives, because I don't say them to the I just go live and I come off. I don't save them to the feed. During the lives, I've just been doing like mentorship and it's been so much fun where somebody will like, you know, send me a question about there. Typically for me, most of my lives revolve around personal finance and but largely business you know, and I get to answer these questions that normally I would only have like about five mentees that I talk to on a weekly basis. And so I've just been really enjoying it and that's been my way to kind of like protect my peace but then doing something that I really enjoy which is like this kind of like digital mentorship viaized. But then I get to jump off and like, you know, take my you know, take myself off Instagram and let the team do what they do. So yeah, I just there has to be ways around figuring out how you get to show up for you so you can be a millionaire and say I don't want the big house. I feel like it's so hard for us to be cause people, you know, we all kind of follow the trends and sometimes it's really not to our benefit, you know. Like I had to ask myself, Okay, Tiffany, like you want to I always say baby millionaire, but I only say that because it makes me uncomfortable. But the truth is I'm not a baby millionaire. I'm just a millionaire millionaire, you know, And like, okay, and I don't necessarily want the big old house. And I'm like, is that wrong? I have like, like literally, I was picking up a young woman from the train station who wanted to be my mentee, and she said, what does she say, because my car is a two thousand and I want to say fifteen or sixteen Lincoln MKZ right.
Speaker 2: Fer standards, it's a luxury. Yeah, because you were driving glorified scrap metal before for real.
Speaker 1: But she was like, wow, you are so humble. I was like, what do you mean? She was like this car. I was like, meanwhile, I was like, I'm not Evenna.
Speaker 2: Just said nothing. I was trying to be humble.
Speaker 1: I was like, like, my car, this is I'm not making a humble statement. I was like, but this car is cute though it's sporting.
Speaker 2: You called the budgetista. It's in your title, okay.
Speaker 1: But she was making like a statement like look at me a little broke down core out here. And I was like, get out my car. But no, But I want. What I'm wanting for everyone is to kind of decide for themselves how they want their life to go, despot what your bank account might say. You know, now, if your bank accounts holding you back, I'm living their life that you want. Obviously, you want to make a move there, but yeah, I just and for me it just pulling off social media. It's helping me become more aware of how do you actually want to live, Tiffany, despite what your bank account might say, like how do you align that?
Speaker 2: You know, I discovered a very handy tool if you do not want to have to go through the trouble of deleting apps or whatnot, and if you have some amount of self control on your iPhone, at least you can set a time limit for your apps. So I've now set a one hour TikTok and a one hour Instagram limit, and it is embarrassing to me how quickly I reach it. For example, when I wake up in the middle of the night for whatever reason and I can't go back to sleep, I usually get on TikTok and then yesterday it was like it wasn't even daylight yet, and it's like, your limit has been reached for the day. Meanwhile, I know I had some tiktoks. Most later you're like, say, how I just really like extraction videos. But anyway, so that's a good hack and it has saved me because my screen time between that and uh Rio wanting to use my phone to watch TV all the time to watch Pepa. My screen time was like seven hours a day.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you know, he's gonna have an accent now, but you know you remember all the kids that we are.
Speaker 2: Oh he's not, but we will because we go around the house just yelling dad, day peg, take out the garbage. I'm just like, yeah, my niece.
Speaker 1: I'm always like, are you Canadian? Because a million my niece's four, her accent is like what are you watching? So my sister calls it ratchet baby TV. She's like, a million likes ratchet baby TV. I'm like, what is ratchet baby TV? So apparently there's like reality shows but for babies who like, you know, like so she likes to watch like like you know, like if you're watching Real Housewives, it's like grown women doing row women things. So she will. There are shows where kids who were her age play with toys and interact with each other that there are four and five, and so she doesn't like roam in. Her brother, who six, likes to watch educational TV, but she's like, no, I want to see these kids play these tools. Oh, look at them in the pool. Okay, splash. I call it ratchet baby TV. I'm like, but you need to learn something. She's like, I want to see my friends. But yeah, but no, it's just really like, yeah, it's interesting, how you know, sometimes you can wake up and find that you might not be living actually your life, just someone else's idea of life and resetting because social media really almost encourages that. And so whatever your tools are, whether it's your off social medium, for the most part, you have that timer. Like Mandy said, I wanted there's a timer y'all. Let us know. Is there a timer like that for androids? I wonder if there is.
Speaker 2: TikTok itself has a time or functional in the app. Yeah, in the settings you can. And they also not that I know, but if you're scrolling in the wee hours of the morning, they actually will still one of the videos you get will eventually be Hey, you don't worry, those videos will be either tomorrow.
Speaker 1: When does she go to bed? I know you're like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm like, let me good night, TikTok. Just one more extraction video, pimple pop yo, I'm not gonna can don't get me started. Okay, we only have so much time for this show.
Speaker 1: I love extraction videos.
Speaker 2: But I am obsessed. There's something so satisfying about the really good ones and doctor pimple Popper I know, but she doesn't update fast enough, so I need I go to like I go to like the discount section of TikTok.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm just like, what are you doing? Where are your gloves? Where's your tools? I'm like, but yeah, no, I don't. That is so strange that people like are obsessed. You would never know. Social media has brought like remember a s m R. No one knew, and then social media brought that to the forefront. Like yo, there are people who that sound. All of that makes you.
Speaker 2: Start fiending for it around midnight if I'm still awake and it's like, let me get let me see a couple ingrown hairs. It's disgusting, all right.
Speaker 1: That that's what we make The transition to a brin boosting and breaking. Okay, now it's time to boost up. Oh boost up, oh boost oh break, oh boot break. For those who don't know, many like real rhythm, okay, oh yeah yeah, I also did. I saw you dancing on tick I said, oh that's right, man. He show them that you hear the beat, you feel the beat, you move to the beat.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell me you did zoomba all through college without telling me. Yeah, I have the rhythm of like a nice like your you know, sixty year old aunt.
Speaker 1: No, no, you got good with them. I'm like, no, no, no, don't don't do that to yourself. You got good with it, I said, look at man, so thank you. Except are we gonna boost? Are you going to to break on? Today?
Speaker 2: I would like to do a boost and a break please scuse you?
Speaker 1: Got me doing now? All right? Pepa? Come on, PEPs.
Speaker 2: That is so embarrassing. I cannot even Oh my god, my cousin's gonna give me so much shit for that, because oh, we're just like, we can't become these people. Anyway. I want to do a boost first and foremost, because we're on the TikTok theme. I have got to boost my favorite TikToker, Alexis Nicole, the black female forager on TikTok Woman. She is. She is a gift. She is a gift to the universe. I cannot wait for her cooking show on Netflix. I'm going to manifest it for her, but she will she literally, I mean, and first of all, she is just entertaining as hell, because she runs out into nature or her backyard or your backyard or these random street corners and finds edible food, finds edible plants, plants, fungi, all this stuff and flowers and whatnot. And she comes back and she does like a mini cooking show, and she'll cook something like a plant cracker or like a seaweed cracker or whatever. But she is so entertaining and so full of life and energy and just joy. And what I love most about her is that I was.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I took Rio on a bike ride the other day. I just you know, down this just regular bike path near our house, and I was so happy being on a bike with my son for one thing. But I was looking at these weeds and these like things growing, and I'm like, oh, is that it is that Queen Anne's lace. I could make some fried cauliflower, you know, substitute with that, you know, or I'm seeing, you know, even just on my walk, She's making me look and enjoy nature in a way that I hadn't been doing it so far. So she's truly educating Alexis Nicole. If you don't follow her, she's on Tiktoks.
Speaker 1: And she's someone she has an institute because I feel like I've seen.
Speaker 2: Her probably I feel like everyone kind of repost stuff from TikTok on Insta, but TikTok is where she lives, and she's so funny and smart. And The New York Times had featured her recently in a story about the resurgence of foraging and all that. Yeah, love it, love it, go ahead, And then just a quick breaking break because I struck a bit of a chord when I was pitching. And so I'm a Yahoo Finance contributor. Now I mean not to speaking back, not to sneak another boost in there, but I was pitching ideas because now I'm going to be writing an article that I want to write which is so exciting, so topics that I like, and then also appearing on their Yahoo Finance Live segment once a week. And anyway, I was pitching ideas. Struck a little bit of a chord this week because people still are hung up on this myth that job hopping switching jobs is going to make you unemployable, and that recruiters will look at your resume and be like, ooh, I don't know five jobs and ten years. Can't trust this one. She's shifty. And I'm excited to do the story because I'm ready to bust this myth. Wide open, wide open. I have had seven jobs in ten years, seven and I have not I haven't quit all of them. I quit most of them. I was laid off once. That sucked. But you definitely can job hop. And what I'm trying to get a what I'm trying to get across is that one corporate America would love or not any I mean just anyone who relies on employees for their work, nonprofit, small business, big corporations, they would love if we believe this, because it means that we'll be reliable and we're gonna stick around. So I'm not. And first of all, as a hiring manager who hired dozens of people and used to run a team, I get it. It sucks when people quit and you have to go and do the work of recruiting all over again. That is part and parcel with being a manager and having a business. But from the employees perspective, it is so important to job hop, not just because you have you stand to earn such big pay raises when you job from when you jump from one job to the next, but you have to put your career ambitions and your career goals, and if you are not getting what you need from a job, you shouldn't let this idea that a future hiring manager may worry about you leaving a job keep you in a bad situation, not getting the you know, not getting the investment in your career and your skills that you need, working in a toxic environment, you know, working in a place where you don't feel accepted or your ideas you know are not appreciated, you need to get out of there. The key. The key is so if you're a hiring manager and I'm not going to say that I didn't look at a resume when I was hiring, and maybe Tiffany you have too, and see, you know, okay, so many jobs you were there for six months here, nine months there. I might ask what happened because I'm interested, But you need to be prepared to have a true, honest story of why you left. And I think that telling that story is what is going to help you remove any little, you know, whisper of doubt that could be in the recruiter's mind. If you don't have a good, honest, compelling story. If it's just I don't really like that much, or you know, I wasn't sure, I don't really want to do that anymore. Like if you're wishy washy, that in and of itself would turn me off as a hiring manager. But if you were very confident and you said, oh, okay, well, in that one job, I was really excited to try this new skill set and I was told that wasn't something that I could do in my existing role, so I had to pivot and move to a new company. Or you know, in this particular role, I was up for promotion, I was passed over for X y Z reason, So I'm really looking to take the next you know, look for a new career challenge. So like, tell a compelling, honest story, and that whole myth that you're going to be you know, penalized or you know, your resume is just going to be pushed to the bottom of the pile because you you moved around a lot. It's just it's it's Bosky or bo Hockey.
Speaker 1: As we said, you know who you should look up, look look to. Like, So I remember ad we tried to cover for Bosama st John. She's the CMO of Netflix, and that's not home girl, habo. I know we got to do our live sim girl. I won't forget. I've forgotten so ad. We had a shady clickbait title talking about Bosama Saint John new CMO of Netflix, the woman that can't stay in place or something like that, because she's had four jobs. I think it's like five years or something to that effect. And I was like, when I love how the Black Women contingency rose up, was like, not on today? Will you come from both? Not bos She's one of the sweetest, kindest, most genuine people. Despite all this, She's accomplished that I've ever met. And so, yeah, they dragged, we banged them against the wall and a week you know, ended apologizing, ended up apologizing and like re I guess rewording their terrible title of the article. Yeah and so, but yeah, she's a great one to watch because you see as she I mean, she's worked everywhere from ubern as CMO, from Endeavor and there was a huge, a huge what is those companies called the represent like celebrities like publicist, no agency agency. Yeah, it's like but like huge celebrities are at Endeavor She also came from Apple, where she really blew up as a result because she she spoke on stage at Apple like during one of their like launches whatever, and she I think she was like with Apple Music in particular, but both of them is amazing. And you see some of the major companies that she's come from, and she's hot because people have requested her presence because at that level, you're not applying randomly. They're literally tapping you on your shoulders say please come here. We have a coin that we'd like to give you because in exchange for your brilliance. So yeah, that's just I think I can't wait to read it and I can't wait to see you. Yeah who yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Who Wednesday that one pm Eastern stating her time. I love But yes, I love that example too because just real quick, like the point that you made, tell that as part of your story. Oh yeah, I've been really fortunate to get so many great opportunities because of my particular set of skill sets. I mean, is ultimately why I switch jobs seven times in ten years. And there's no shame in that. Just tell the truth and say it with your chest, like, just be confident, you know, be confident in your story, make like they won't challenge you on it, I promise you. So I'm excited about that.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. So my boost is like just really like it's kind of light. So I had been really enjoying mentorship. It was so crazy because when I came back from my six weeks off the Hyataughs if you will, I remember one of the things I like, doctor Green had me write down kind of like what does my ideal kind of like week and day and stuff look like? And I said, I would really like to take on more mentees. I just don't have the time, you know, Like I would really like to teach more, I just don't have the time. And she was like, hmmm, I don't believe that. And so I started to really look at my schedule and make them make changes. And as a result, I really do have Wednesdays light where I don't take any phone calls or any any no interviews, no nothing on Wednesdays, no meetings and Fridays off. But I can use those days do whatever it is that I want. And I found myself. So I started off pre hiatus with three three core mentees and now I've got like an additional three, and I'm like, I thought I didn't have the time, but that just was not true. And when I tell you, I'm enjoying myself so much, Mandy like, I just like my mentees don't put anything in my pocket. I just love seeing like them do well. So I love being not just a mentor but also a sponsor. So a mentor is I'm here to give you advice. Ideally, you want a mentor that's maybe ten steps ahead of you and they're like, ooh, chid Ben, they've done that. Oh don't do that, don't do that, you know, like or like, you know, here's some advice. Here's what I think right before you know taping today. That's why I was a little bit running a little late. I was just wrapping up with my mentee because she was letting me know that she had to let go of somebody on her team and she didn't want to do it. And I was like, that's the fuck, that's okay, you know, like, you don't have to let her go. It's only gonna get worse. But you ain't gotta let her gos this. But you sometimes you just gotta learn. And she was like, oh, hold on, it's gonna get worse than this. I was like, much worse. How ask me how? Psych Yes, but also because I know, because I know what it's like to need to let someone go and let them stay for months, if not years, and then for it to get really terrible and toxic. And so we were just I was just telling her that, just really proud of her because she finally made the move, but in a way that was kind so anyway, like I realizing how much I love that, and even like one day when I no longer work as budgetista or whatever, I would really love to create some sort of fund or whatever that doesn't just give you money but also gives you guidance. And so in the meantime, that's what I've been focusing my IG lives on, is that it's just me being a mentor. We talk a little personal finance, but mostly talking about business and how you as a woman can navigate. Like today the talk was why you should build a community before you build a business, and like what does that mean and how do you do? So so it's just been really like, I don't know, my boost is just like being able to show up the way I'm wanting. This new mentorship that I'm doing like for like the masses. Oh, it's just called that mental for the masses. Mental for the masses.
Speaker 2: And how many you're gonna accept them to your new mentorship program?
Speaker 1: You know I'm not mass? Yeah no, I'm like, no, we're not doing what I am doing, Tiffany. I'm like, I don't want I still got budget.
Speaker 2: You were just giving me so much CREP for my free career coaching.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I do not, won't it? That's why I do it live. But I will say that, like I use this. I'm sure you've heard of like the community app. And so if you're like so, because people are like, sometimes you go live, Tiffany, how am I supposed to know? I'm like, I don't even know what I'm gonna go live, but I have been just texting, Hey, I'm going live. And so if ever you're like, I want to free mentoring, we should do we use community Mandy, what do we use?
Speaker 2: Far do you not?
Speaker 1: We should look into it because it's just a great way to let people know. Like it's like and this is for anyone listening, this is like a great tool. They don't they're not paying us. But I just like the tool because it allows me to say. All I use community for is to say, hey, I'm about to go live right now. There are like four hundred people you know who have texted me. The number is nine zero eight three seven three eight three three four. You text live to that, and that just lets me know that everything my goal on to me?
Speaker 2: How do you remember that? But not our email acts.
Speaker 1: Because I've been saying it so much before we got on, I was like nine sevens and it's always like, but I now I put my text message too in all of my like my Instagram like bio, my Facebook bio, my Twitter bio. But I've just been really enjoying it and it just feels so great because it just feels nice to do something just to do something, not for some like desired outcome, because the desired outcome literally is the thing itself, and so I think I feel like, you know, to be reconnected back to that then, like just to do a thing because it's enjoyable to do a thing, not because there's anything on the back end to gain other than this is fun. I'll though I'm not gonna lie, and even though I tell people this is mentoring, this is it I'm getting way more requests for one on one mentorship, and I'm like, h y'all was supposed to leave me alone and.
Speaker 2: Just watch the live, just watch the well, oh ready until next week? Is this episode two eighty? I love a round number. Hope y'all enjoyed. Stay Brown, check us out, Stay Brown, check us out? On the social share with a friend. Oh, and there was someone I needed to shout out because he said that his friend listens to the show. She doesn't have Instagram. Wait a second, I have to find this. Okay, maybe Sarah had seen it because it was so sweet. It was a guy and he said, my friend put me on, but she doesn't have Instagram. I want to say her name was Bridget. Ah, let's just go with Bridget for now and I will find it and I will shout her out next week. If it's not Bridget, right, well, Bridget for now.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you for listening, Bridget for now and putting your friends on. To remember, we always ask you share it with three people. Literally take the link and text it to your friends and say you've got to listen. I got my whole life this episode.
Speaker 2: So yes, all right, until next week.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll wait until q a b a b a q A on Friday.
Speaker 2: Until until Friday. We'll see you Friday.
Speaker 1: Bye boy cock off