Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Even in my book, I wrote this part called one hundred dollars Off Days, where my goal is to build my business on.
Speaker 4: My off days, just my off days, because.
Speaker 3: I was working five days a week on my job two days a week on my dream every single day, my goal is to go out and sell four T shirts. I'm selling T shirts for twenty five dollars, so I'm trying to sell four T shirts. I'm trying to make one hundred dollars on each off day. So my boy's like, nah, you got to grind, man, you gotta work every single day. I know myself, I'm low key lazy. I work hard because I'm kind of lazy. I want to get to a point where I gotta do nothing work smart. Yeah yeah, I mean that's what lazy people said. Okay, yeah, my goal is I'm focused on whatever happens throughout the week is extra. But my goal is on my off days, feel it will work. If I can put time into my job, I can put time to my business. So I started hitting these these hundred dollars each off day. So I called my boss, like, yo, can you only put me on four days a week instead of five? Because I knew if I could make two hundred dollars on two off days, if I had three off days, I can make three hundred. And that joint started to hit. So long story, short time, I quit my job. I was like working a day a week. So I like, so I teach people to transition out of their job. Let's set these small goals and build from there.
Speaker 5: So can you talk about that because that's important as far as it's all about strategy in life, and it's like you never just want to jump out the window in anything, So can you break that down a little bit to transition out of your job?
Speaker 4: I liked that idea?
Speaker 6: Was it like I'm thinking myself, like, was there any fear in that? Like or how did that play on your mind? Like I'm doing this, I'm out.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It wasn't really.
Speaker 3: It wasn't really a fear because it happened so gradually, you know what I mean. It's like with this podcast, you drop one episode, then two, then three, and it starts to build. So I'm trying to make on my just two my goal is to make two hundred dollars a week. If I can't sell eight T shirts in seven days, you know what I mean. Like, so it was it wasn't like a fear of oh I got to go quit my job.
Speaker 4: That would be scary.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to make a couple more dollars to like go to the club and hang out and put something on a bottle. I still wan't going to buy it myself, but I want to be a person that could chip in. So it was wasn't really a fear, especially because since I was a kid, I've always been trying. The hard part was sticking when I'm only making two hundred dollars a week, or sticking when I'm not really making any money. Instead of saying, yo, you know what, I think, I'm gona try real estate because T shirts don't work, it was just me. So the hard part was just staying in my lane and you know, just stay in one course for a while.
Speaker 6: It goes back to your and I looked at you your page The life cycle of a good idea. Yeah, this sounds like the life of everybody goes through it too, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like, can you break down that process? Because I'm sure there's a lot.
Speaker 6: Of people that have ideas and they make it to the first age of excitement, but they never make it to the last dage.
Speaker 4: Oh never.
Speaker 3: So I came across this presentation. I was on tour with ET twenty seventeen, and I think like a few hours before I was supposed to turn in my presentation.
Speaker 4: I just I was like, yo, I got it.
Speaker 3: The life cycle of a good idea is excitement. Everybody gets excited about the idea. But then you got to move to where you got to start evolving the idea, which is not as exciting as when you got the id and you get to tell everybody and you see the vision. Yo, this goal was taking me out of my job. So excitement, then evolution, then engagement. So after you evolve it, you got to engage people. That gets scary because you got to actually approach people and make.
Speaker 4: A sale and try to buy in.
Speaker 3: You got to get people to buy in. But then with engagement comes resistance. You'll automatically have those people to say, yo, I don't want to buy it, and then you have to make a decision. And the decision is either get excited about something else or move into expansion.
Speaker 4: But the trick is taking each stage with you.
Speaker 3: So if you're excited and you move to evolution, you got to be excited while you're evolving the idea. And some people move from evolution to engagement, but they stop evolving the content. So once you start to hit resistance, if you're still engaging people and evolving. You're asking people, Okay, why aren't you buying this? Because you're still evolving it. You're still trying to get better, meaning you're still engaging, you're assessing it.
Speaker 4: You're assessed.
Speaker 3: And then you make a decision to just don't get excited about something else, fight through it, take all that data, get re excited about the same concept, retool it, keep engaging, go through the resistance.
Speaker 4: And then you expand.
Speaker 6: You said something important and Shotty comes from a sales background, and you come from a sales background. You said A sales starts when somebody says no.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure. In my mind, I'm.
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, somebody said no, it's next to the next person. What's the importance of that, Like, what's the philosophy bond.
Speaker 4: That I mean?
Speaker 3: When you go into a shoe store, obviously somebody comes up to you and they're like, can I help you? And you always say no, I'm good, Like we're trained to say no. The actual set the game starts when they say no first. So I was expecting, yo, you want to buy a T shirt? And they say no. I'm like, all right, man, what I gotta go to the next person. But then I realized that one of my mentors said, YO, make them tell you no twice. So I'm like, yo, would you like to make by his T shirt? And they say no, I'm good. I'm like, yo, are you sure?
Speaker 4: Look at this? Like look at that, like this this this will be the up with your shoes.
Speaker 3: And for some reason I started converting, Like people like, oh, all right, yeah, you're right, let me get it right. So now you know, fast forward. I was able to leave the cheesecake factory and jump into the Kiaks. I make you tell me no. T you walk away because Yo, I've converted on the third sale, I mean the third no, the fourth no. And sometimes people will buy because they tired of you ask it and they know you're not gonna let them go. Look I got all right, cool, just give me that one here ticket, you know more than once?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, the sales is we talked about that a few times on the podcast is something that most people are extremely afraid of because nobody likes to talk to strangers. Like we're conditioning as kids not to talk to strangers, Like that's the first thing they tell you, don't talk to strangers, and that carries over as an adult, and it's like to walk up to somebody, especially to try to ask them to buy a product and to spend money with you. It's like it's terrifying for most people. But I always say, like, if you can actually sell, do sales. I recommend anybody that wants to be in business to do at least one year of sales selling something. I don't care whether it's life insurance, whether it's knives, whether it's the cell phone cases.
Speaker 4: You gotta be able to sell something that.
Speaker 5: If you could sell something a it takes a fear away and you'll realize that the worst thing in the world is not a no. It's not like people say no, you're still living like you know what I mean. It's like you got to develop stick extend to be an entrepreneur.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a class shouts out of my man saying he came on our coaching call. I have a call in the mornings, and he said, man, how do I take my business to the next level? And my customer was like, Yo, how many people do you ask to buy your service? He said, Man, not that many. I said, YO, give me a number, like how many people do you actually ask He said, well, uh, not a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: How many did you asked yesterday? He said none. I said, that's the problem. So this is what I want you.
Speaker 6: To because this episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIIC.
Speaker 4: Earners. What's Up?
Speaker 6: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like? The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about low watching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christine Nohm, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted legal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: It's afraid to ask for the sale, I said, Or he's afraid to attest. He's afraid to get into sales. But what I told him was, I just want you to ask three people a day. That's your goal. I don't care whether they buy or not, because the pressure is in their answer. But if you condition your mind and say, yo, my goal is not to make a sale. My goal is to just ask five people every day. So I can go to the store and say, yo, I want to bother you. My coach, make me do this. Would you like to buy this T shirt? Okay, that's one. Hey Mom, I know I ain't talk to you in a little while. I never I've asked, I never like try to sell you anything. But let me get my number out. And if you can start to get your number out three sales, five, just make five calls.
Speaker 4: Make your goal.
Speaker 3: Make your goal of the work, not the reward, because the reward is scary because if you don't get it, you're disappointed. But what you can't control is the work. That's the only thing control. So is there it's like.
Speaker 6: A fine line between persistence and annoyance because I could imagine like, yo, get this, get this, get this, and it's like, all right, is there a fine line there?
Speaker 3: To make a sell, you gotta be kind of annoying a little bit, Okay. I mean at the end of the day, you got to ask curtain people. It's going to be somebody you want to get on the podcast. They say no, next time you're seeing them, you need to ask them again. It's only our inside we feel like we're being annoying. But sometimes people just forget or and I learned this at the cheesecake factory, So dope, people want to they want to eat cheesecake. But they want you to convince them. They want to do it, but the right thing to say is no because it's high in fact calories. But they really want me to ask, They really want me to convince. They feel good strong will because they're saying no because they're on the diet.
Speaker 4: We got this new one for they'd be happy when I convince them no.
Speaker 5: It's the no thing is extremely important, and it's important for people to understand how to take things personal. And you know, I just living in New York. I was on the subway years ago and I just did like an observation. It's like people these guys handing out like free newspaper. They're free to any anybody that's like coming through the turnstile, and every single person was like no, I'm going to look. They was just and I'm thinking to myself, like it's free. It's a free newspaper. Why not take it. But it's like they're just conditioned that he's trying to sell me. He's not even trying to sell, it's giving it away and it's like no, It's like the same thing. It's like a pretty girl, Like you might want to dance with a pretty girl before you even she's like no, it was like you didn't even look at me, but she's just you. She's conditioned to say no, So I say, I have to say, like people in general are conditioned to say no. So peeling back that layer and saying like well, why it's free, it's a free newspaper, then you don't want to take it. I mean, like, let me get the knowe out of the west. And you're not going to convince everybody, but some people once you just get that first layer, Like, if you can get past that first layer, it's like a home run after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think how you how you do anything, is how you do everything. So if if you're attempting to make a sale and they say no, if you're working on a product and you just can't figure it out, like these mics, you just couldn't figure out how to get it working, you'll probably stop at that too and just get another mic. Right, But once you develop a certain a certain level of persistence, once you develop that trade, that carries to everything, you know what I mean, Like, if you can be if you can be persistent in a in a sales transaction, you could be persistent in getting that person interested enough enough to date you or trying to close that deal. I believe how you do anything, it's how you do everything.
Speaker 6: So you sound like you're gonna be the wholet on Bachelor Man.
Speaker 5: So what are some steps? Like you said you coach people to become entrepreneurs in nine to five. What are some steps. I'm sure there's a lot of people that may listen to this podcast that have nine to five jobs and want to become entrepreneurs. Like, what are some practical steps that people can take.
Speaker 3: I think the first step is just set a goal, and I don't care what the goal is. Ideally, if you're new in entrepreneurship, you don't want to set a sales.
Speaker 4: Goal or a reward goal. You want to set a work goal.
Speaker 3: So your work goal might be starting out from six to seven every single day, I'm going to work on this product or this project, whatever it is I'm doing from six to seven. If you got a podcast from six to seven, I'm reaching out to people to be on my I don't care what they say. Their answer doesn't have anything to do with me, but for me to hit my goal from six to seven, because that works on consistency, you get more comfortable reaching out and you're putting a whole bunch of people in your pipeline for this particular scenario against what're podcasting. But the first step is to set a con assistant goal that you can hit, because you can't control if somebody buys or not, you know what I mean. So I think the first step is if you have a business, you set some work goals, and out of those work goals, if you get comfortable in that long enough, then you set some small reward goals and you just do that consistently. My goal is to sell one a day, whatever the product is, Let me just sell one a day.
Speaker 4: And you do that often enough, you'll get tired of.
Speaker 5: That, now, you know what. I'm glad you said that, because that's something that I learned early on in business when I was first came into business, right, and I learned that you can't.
Speaker 4: People make the.
Speaker 5: Mistake all the time because they say, Okay, I want to make a hundred thousand dollars and in order to do that, I need to make two thousand dollars a week, right, And it's like, okay, I'm gonna make two thousand dollars a week. I'm not going to work two weeks out the year. So if I make two thousand and fifty weeks, I make a hundred thousand dollars. But that's not really an attainable goal because it's like, what does it take to make two thousand dollars a week?
Speaker 4: Right? You don't know's I've never done it.
Speaker 5: So it's like, if you're selling a product, right, you might say, Okay, I need to sell ten of these whatever they are in order to make two thousand. But even saying all right, I'm gonna sell ten products, that's really not a good goal because how are you going to sell ten products? You got to dig deeper to say, Okay, in order to sell ten products, I know I need to speak to one hundred people exactly. So the goal is not to sell ten products. The goal is to speak to one hundred people. So now get down even deeper and it's like, okay, well, how do I speak to one hundred people. I need to get twenty five referrals, I need to go to five networking events. I need to cold call one hundred people. That's the formula for me to speak. My goal is to if I speak to one hundred people, I'm going to sell ten products. I'm going to make two thousands. But a lot of times people do it backwards. They say I'm gonna make two thousand. They get frustrated because it's June and they haven't made any money, and it's like they just quit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The question is like, how long did you think it was gonna take to be successful?
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,