Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, screw tender, Like when you have Heather McDonald, you don't need a dating app.
Speaker 3: So Heather is talking to me all about dating because I.
Speaker 2: Am her newly single friend and we're talking all about it here. It is the bonus dating episode.
Speaker 3: You never knew you needed. How you dating anyone? Thank you for asking? Now do you want to or no?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've gotten so used to just being with my kids now that I don't know what I could possibly be able to give someone else. But it would be nice to feel those feelings again, you feel excited about like romance or something.
Speaker 1: I think I think where you're at as good. I think you just not everybody has to like be with somebody and having a lot of friends that have gotten divorced at different stages in life, with different stages of their kids. I just think you just you know, you were with Dean for so long everything. I just think, you know, like if it happens, it happens. If you're not like, but it can be really fun when the time comes. Like my friends that do go on it, they're very they're very successful, Like I'm always like there.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: Are into women you know that are not twenty five, and they do not have trouble getting dates at all.
Speaker 3: Nobody they last into like love.
Speaker 1: No, but like if you do like the abs and stuff, but that's hard, you know, your celebrity. So it's like but with by other friends like no, Like my friends are attractive and put together, but they get a lot of I love looking at the thing like a single friends and see them and you see what's out there. But I think it's also really hard because I think I think a guy over fifty who's divorced has it. It's got to be the greatest time of their life because when you think about it, a guy who's like gen X, who's like fifty ish, it was probably really hard to get a girlfriend and get laid in high school, if not impossible, same thing in college. Then they have their wife, you know, for whatever twenty years and then they're divorced, and now it's just so easy for them to get a girl.
Speaker 3: All they have to do is be.
Speaker 1: Able to you know, own a home, and like every girl is like oh okay.
Speaker 2: I think it's like you've got to get a guy that that is my soul right.
Speaker 1: Now, you're going to get a guy that's not been on that that long.
Speaker 3: I think you keep referring to it.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about the apps and apps apps you can't get?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? I can't get somebody without an app?
Speaker 1: Now I'm talking about it, like, yeah, if I refuse to do the app, like I think, I mean, I think, then I think you get you know, I do think like a matchmaker situation, or like I think people are going to move more towards like group things, group things, like where you actually show up in person single people, not group sex. I'm not like where you actually show up in person and it's like everybody bring their single friend. Like I think people are going to start moving towards that.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just honestly, I never thought i'd be fifty two, have five kids and suddenly be single. Like it's just it's exhausted. You just don't You're a place where you just don't have to start over. And I know I'm too tired to start over at fifty. You don't need to start over.
Speaker 1: Like I have a I have a friend who's dating like a much younger guy, and they've been together like four years, and she's right off the bat meets anybody, She's like, yes, I have a boyfriend that's, you know, significantly younger than I am, and this is how we met and da da da, And she's like, yeah, I know that. People are like, oooh, what's that about? You know, She's like, I don't care. Like we have a blast and I'm not going to have his child, you know, like I'm older, I'm not gonna have his child. We have a great time. He's super sweet to me. He's not going to like steal my money. And you know, if then ten years we're not together, so what Like, so what I'm having a person?
Speaker 3: She has to start over again? Now, no, you don't, But why do you have to start over? That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Who cares if you if you have ten years with like a hot, fun, great guy that treates me really sweet from like forty eight to fifty eight when he was like in his mid thirties, and then once he hits forty and you're like fifty eight, you kind of decide to go your own way.
Speaker 3: Because he don't have kids or who knows.
Speaker 1: But so bad is what I'm saying, she already has her kids, Charity has her life and her money, so why not just be with who's ever fun? Unlike when we were like twenty eight to thirty, you were looking for that person to have kids with. Yeah, dad had enough money or career that could elevate your life. Once you're like over fifty, it doesn't really matter. You don't need them for anything. But can companionship and sex. So it's like, choose what is fun for you? And who cares if somebody in the corner, some jealous bitch is whispering like, oh, he's only he's only into her because you know she has a nice home.
Speaker 3: Who the fuck cares? Who cares?
Speaker 2: That's not going to be happening in the corner. But but what if I want, like for okay, so I've never dated a musician my whole life, and I was like, you know, once I was married, I was like that was it, you know, and this is it for me?
Speaker 3: But now I can date a musician.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if I really want to date a musician, like at my age or state of mind, and I'm not really a music person anyway, I've never dated But what if I want.
Speaker 1: When you're not a music person, but you're like, why not date a musician just because he thought it was hot?
Speaker 3: Didn't you do? Didn't you date? Now do I talk to And again we never dated?
Speaker 1: I thought you guys did date in real life?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, And I know I think I would have.
Speaker 2: He was so we were like best friends, Like where's my like Travis Barker and my second like phase in life?
Speaker 3: Like where you know? Like that?
Speaker 2: But then okay, anyway, like I could be that girl, like I could be Courtney Kardashian. But I've also never dated anyone that was like supremely independently wealthy, like would fly me on a private plane and take me to like maybe I call it.
Speaker 1: I call it you want a Lauren Sancheza? You want a Lauren Sanchez to shit, If you're gonna be with someone, it needs to elevate your life to a to be worth it, like a private, private private jet type of wealth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could. Could that be a possibility. Absolutely, what app do you go on for that? It could be an ass could be it could you just don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like, if you meet the right person, I don't think girls realize how much power they have as far as like, I think we were taught to like play hard to get and all that, and I don't really think you have to play hard to get, not about sex, but just like I think you need to show whoever you're interested in that you're interested in them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then they have to work too, they have to work too.
Speaker 1: But I think you have to show that you like, find them interesting, find them funny. These guys like want to feel for whatever reason, when you meet someone over fifty, like a guy they either was a horrible spouse or they had a horrible spouse most likely, so they're either a broken human being by a woman that shot on them or they broke somebody else. So it's like it's gonna be hard, but they're still the same guy that you met when we were there's still the same type of guys we met when they were twenty five, but now they're like fifty five, and so it's just kind of like you still can have all that same fun and conversation and dating and you're still if you were to really get out there, you'd find there was the one that was like you had the great chemistry with that's the player, the one that's like a little too into you that now you're like, I mean, they're all the same still there, They're all still from what I've like studied for my friends.
Speaker 3: They're all still the same, except instead.
Speaker 1: Of it being nineteen ninety eight and you're at a barn Manhattan beach, you're like, you know, going to Soho and Malibu and having dinner and you know, and you guys have you guys have homes. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, So just okay, I say, you just kind of have your heart opened.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if I kind of put it out there and you just are like, huh, I don't know. If I want a guy over fifty, yeah, go for younger, maybe like mid to late forties. That sounds fair.
Speaker 2: I've always been with older guys. Not Dean's eight years older. It's not like a huge jump. But I'm just saying like.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing, Yeah, Like do you want like another Like when I'm married and I like when I go like and I see these guys that are not my husband that or that age, I'm like, oh my god. I think if something happened, I just I don't think i'd be pursuing that. I think I would be going for the younger person really, because I wouldn't be looking to get married again or have kids, or I don't I'm not in a financial place where I need to like move in with someone. Like I have a friend who's been with her boyfriend after her divorce, and she had like a lot of boyfriends and then she got this great guy. They've been together for like six years. They just got engaged and she does she's an executive. She does fine in life, and he does too, and they are like, we're not gonna get married till his youngest is like in college, where she's like, I just don't want to deal with that. I don't want to be the stepmother. I don't want to like start rearranging the house. In the meantime, he's gonna, like, you know, start remodeling his house so that in three years when they get married, then they can live together. But in the meantime, I'm like, I think you're being so smart about it, Like why you know, if you financially don't need to move in with someone, you don't need to sleep with someone every night in the same room.
Speaker 3: I don't think so I'd prefer not to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so have a boyfriend that you see once in a while, or go have sexy weekends or whatever, and then all those other nights you just are like by yourself, watching your show, scrolling TikTok, just with your kids.
Speaker 3: Okay, my friend, thank you so much. I love you. Yes, thank you so much. To see you in person so we can talk shit.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's definitely have you come on the show.
Speaker 3: And then we'll go and we'll take.
Speaker 1: The cart and see if we see any cute golfers for you.
Speaker 3: Oh, at your country club, we pick me. Yes, okay, okay, okay, sounds like good.
Speaker 1: All right, sounds good.