Speaker 1: Speaking of Lebron James.
Speaker 2: So he's back, baby, after missing thirteen games with that foot injury. Planter Fasciu tear something. So they lost to the Bulls, which I think is hilarious. Won eighteen, went to eight. Bron had a pretty good game nineteen eight and three thirty minutes to play. Came off the bench actually, which was the first time that he's came off the bench since two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: Which is wild. What's funny, though, was.
Speaker 2: How Lebron described what it took to get him back on the court.
Speaker 1: Did you see this he said?
Speaker 2: According to Broun himself, the first two doctors that Lebron met with told him that he needed to have season ending surgery, but he didn't believe him. He went to a third doctor, called the Lebron James of foot doctors.
Speaker 1: And told him.
Speaker 2: This doctor told him if he did round the clock rehab been training, he could return in time to play out this year. Four weeks later, he's back on the court. But the Lebron James the foot doctors comment is.
Speaker 1: Really getting me.
Speaker 2: It's really I have there's so much to peel back on it, and I thought to myself, Oh, the Lebron James of foot doctors, he must mean the most obvious, disprovable liar of foot doctors, because that's to me what Lebron James is.
Speaker 1: He says such meaningless, small lies.
Speaker 2: If he reinjures his planter fascy itis or whatever it is, his little foot, little tendon on the bottom of his foot, and he misses the playoffs and has to have surgery in the off season, which he said he might have to have, and he's not gonna tell us.
Speaker 1: That means that is exactly right.
Speaker 2: The Lebron James the foot doctors is the type of doctor who would just lie about things that they know nothing about.
Speaker 1: Remember when he said, oh yeah, I knew that shake Gilges Alexander was gonna be an all NBA caliber player. I just saw him. I knew it.
Speaker 2: I saw the Mighos one time, and I knew they were gonna be.
Speaker 1: As big as they were.
Speaker 2: That's this guy, only he is taking Lebron James's health into his hands. Or also, like the fact that Lebron James is not just saying things in third person. He's not calling, oh yeah, Lebron James is tired today. Lebron James went through a workout today. He's he's calling someone else and referring to someone else in the third person of himself. I guess he's gonna be like, oh yeah, I went and saw Creed three. I love that Michael B. Jordan, Guy Lebron James of Actors, love that guy. He's really good. It's like, yep, yep. I don't know why he does it. I really was thinking about this because I think now it's on purpose, because he's not had one scandal in twenty plus years in the league, right, not one, Not one thing with his like, not one thing with infidelity, not one thing with I don't know, like going on ig live with a gun, like, not one time that he's been ultra inebriated in public or drunk or high. Nothing zero, not in the off season, not in season.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 2: But then he sets these little banana peels out for himself to slip on, like these very weird things that get us to roast him for being one of the corniest people I've ever seen, the dumbest liar I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Remember he was running around.
Speaker 2: With uh I think it was Malcolm X's book, and he was on the front page for like the entire time he was in the bubble, said he loved the Godfather Washington a million times, couldn't find one quote. These are calculated pr moves to make him seem more human, because otherwise he'd be infallible. I don't understand it, small comical errors that do nothing really to change his reputation except for to just make him less likable. I don't understand it. I don't understand it. Let's move on away from Lebron.
Speaker 1: I think it's time. When we talked about the Bulls and Pat Beverley, I.
Speaker 2: Do didn't want to do it, didn't think it would amount to much, And over time we're seeing that the Bulls are better with Pat BEV. So we talked about him last the season. The only reason we talked about him is because he was the worst player in the NBA in terms of plus minus. I think he had the lowest offensive rating in the league. So he talked about that. We made fun of it. He barely played after that, the Lakers moved on from him. You know how that went. We knew that meant he was getting traded at the deadline. That meant he was probably gonna get bought out because he's making like.
Speaker 1: Ten million dollars.
Speaker 2: Whoever was going to take his contract on so Orlando Magic full circle said no, Patrick Beverley is not a player that we won on our roster with this young developing team.
Speaker 1: They buy him out. So then he signed with the Bulls. But it didn't happen right away. Took a little time. I think it took like ten days.
Speaker 2: A lot of people thought the Bulls were going to dismantle their roster. Get rid of Vooch, get rid of de Rozen, get rid of Little Bean, get rid of Gruso.
Speaker 1: Potentially.
Speaker 2: There were multiple rumors about them just shutting it all down. So then the deadline came, The deadline went, and what do they do? They acquired Pat BIV. Everyone was climbing the move. Why'd they do it? This doesn't make any sense. And now Patrick Beverley continuing just to.
Speaker 1: Show us why we're all wrong. In fifteen games that Pat BEV has played as a Bull this year, here are his stats. They're not great.
Speaker 2: Let me just preface it by saying they're not some sort of all you're not going to see like he's averaging seventeen seven and five.
Speaker 1: That's not where we're going. But he's been impactful.
Speaker 2: Six six and four with one and a half steals in blocks per game in thirty minutes of playing time plus sixty nine In his time with the Bulls, the Bulls were ten and five when he's played in those fifteen games, they're ten and five.
Speaker 1: They were seven to nine leading up to the trade deadline. That is so impactful.
Speaker 2: They're currently in tenth place, three games ahead of the Pacers for the final playing spot, one half game out of the eighth place, which would give them two chances to make the playoffs. This could be the biggest turnaround in the NBA since the trade deadline, which makes Pat Bev potentially the most impactful player at said trade deadline, which is absurd to say, but it actually could be true. A lot of it is about Pat Beverly. All of his teammates have embraced him. People are now reevaluating Pat Bev's time with the Lakers, and they're saying, maybe it wasn't Pat Bev, maybe it was the Lakers.
Speaker 1: So they asked Pat Bev what happened?
Speaker 2: What was going on with the Lakers, and he said, well, yeah, if I'm a spoon Billy Donovan is using me as a spoon the Lakers. You know, I was a spoon and they used me as a fork. So basically, Darvin Ham is trash. That's basically if you don't know how to use Pat Beverly. When every place that Pat Beverly has gone has made the playoffs and he's been impactful in some way, then it's you, sir, You are the problem. Pat Beverly did the same thing to the Wolves. Every team that he's been playing for he's brought defensive intensity, Clippers, Houston Rockets, confidence, swag, a level of annoyance that gets opposing star talent to I don't know, just get technicals, be irritated, get into fights. Case in point, his revenge game against the Lakers. Did you see this? He had ten points, five assists, easy bulls win, which was very important. He wanted to knock the Lakers out of the playoffs, said that he had an ig post. He said, I am coming to La get your cameras out, and then add a full Sharman packet of Sharman in his car.
Speaker 1: Meaning the Lakers are Sharman soft. The shit talking unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Scored on Lebron James in this game game and gave him the too small gesture. He gave the too small gesture to Lebron James.
Speaker 1: Beverly said, yeah, yeah, I do it to everybody. This is just what I do. I have fun.
Speaker 2: I was getting lost in the game. I was just getting lost in the game. I'm having fun. Man.
Speaker 1: We're not construction workers.
Speaker 2: We're not guys that have to give up four in the morning or professional basketball players. It's about having fun. That's what we try to do tonight. That's what I try to do tonight. And also, he tried to knock the Lakers out of the fucking playoffs because they did him wrong, And that, folks, is Pat Bevan a nutshell. He lightens the mood, he brings the intensity. He gets soft players to be tough players. Him and Alex Crucier together are tremendous. And you know what he always do every single time. He always makes the playoffs every time. This Bulls team, to me, is a sneaky.
Speaker 1: Dangerous team.
Speaker 2: They're not going anywhere in the playoffs, but they will be very annoying.
Speaker 1: They play the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 2: The Boston Celtics are gonna get their hands full of Pat bev in Jason Tatum's face, in Jalen Brown's face, and remember Jalen Brown has that mask, so who knows what's gonna happen there. Remember he broke Devin Booker's nose in the playoffs. I'm just saying, watch your face, watch your butt around Pat Beverly, because Boston's already lost twice to the Bulls this year by fourteen and eighteen points, and that was before Pat Beverly got there. I love that he saved the season for Chicago, that's his hometown, which I think is impactful. If he manages to win a first round series, you will You saw what he did with the Timberwolves when they want to play in game. Just imagine what he will do if he wins a playoff series. And that to me is good for the NBA.
Speaker 1: That's all the time.
Speaker 2: After this episode of the Heat Check, check back Friday, do not forget to peat the feed. I think we have some interviews that we're gonna post throughout the week, bonus episodes that are gonna drop unexpectedly follow the Heat Check. We are almost to the playoffs. I Am going to Sacramento, So download subscribe. Tell your friends, every single one of them, follow us on this heat check and trista cik on TikTok because the Heat Check never sleeps.