Speaker 1: All right, Thank you, Scott Shannon, Thanks to all of you for being with us. Write down our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the program as eight hundred and ninety four one Sean if you want to join us. Well, everybody needs to know a little bit of context here in the hours leading up to the Alaska summit with President Trump and Vladimir Putin Ukraine, was you know, bombing the night before up to you know, like twelve hours before the actual summit took place, and Vladimir Putin immediately there thereafter the war, they never the ceasefire was never really one of the top priorities of the president, and he pointed that out and every other agreement he's been involved in from India, Pakistan, Israel, Iran, Rwanda, Congo, Serbia, Kosovo, Thailand, Cambodia, Armenia, Zabaijan, Ethiopia, and Egypt, you know, they never had the ceasefire.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: He said his goal was going in to have the second meeting, and it looks like it's going to happen, but I don't know that it's going to happen. I mean, at the end of the day, Donald Trump can only do so much. I don't think there's any other world leader that had the stature, the strength, the ability to pull off what he's pulled off so far. Bringing Vladimir Putin to the table. I think he did it from a position of strength. I think by strengthening NATO. Nations commitments to NATO played a big part in it, and they more than doubled their percentage of GDP that they will contribute to their defense. I think getting the European Union to wake the hell up. I went into great specificity in detail in this on this last night. It's so frustrating on so many levels to watch the Europeans be so stupid when it comes to Vladimir Putin. It's actually mind I mean, because they're the ones that have been funding Putin's war machine the entire time. You know, the President is showing by strengthening NATO, by doing a trade deal that takes nearly a trillion dollars in energy energy purchases out of Putin's pocket, by pressuring India and with tariffs and saying you keep buying Russian oil, it's it's going to be a fifty percent tariff on you. And he is He's going right to the heart of the Russian economy. That's why when the President said the consequences will be dire, he's not talking about America going to war with with Vladimir Putin. He's talking about America crushing, crushing Vladimir Putin's economy. And you know, I think that is the only way to get Putin's attention. I think those those are the main reasons why that you know, you finally got you finally got Putin to the table in the first place. Now, as far as I'm concerned, I'm I'm furious with Europe because as bad as Obama was, you got to take this back to when Bill Clinton pressured I just want you guys, you know you don't need after the breakup of the Soviet Union, you guys don't need these nuclear weapons going to be in the best interest, We'll have security guarantees.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: The biggest mistake Ukraine ever made was given up the nuclear weapons. They never should have listened to Bill Clinton. And when Crimea happened and it was annexed in twenty fourteen and Obama's president, he didn't lift a finger in spite of the fact that the US was a party to an agreement that would guarantee security for Ukraine and prevent that from happening.
Speaker 2: Nothing. Joe Biden. We know the story about Joe Biden. Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: You know Putin's building up troops, military equipment on the Ukrainian border.
Speaker 2: He does absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: But the other factor in all of this is the rest of Europe and how they have grossly mismanaged this regional crisis, and frankly, are are equally as responsible as past democratic American presidents in terms of showing weakness and stupidity in naivete when it comes to Vladimir Putin, because it's them that have been funding his war machines for decades. I pointed this out and went into great specificity in detail on TV last night. Prior to Putin's invasion to Ukraine. A lot of these European countries, they're buying one hundred percent of their gas, the natural gas, which is the lifeblood of the world's economy, from Russia. This is why Trump what he I keep telling you what he what he did with Angela Merkel was basically when he handed her the white flag of surrender, because that's what Europe has been doing. They're surrendering their culture, they're surrendering so many different things. It's really spectacular to watch, you know, the decline of a continent. But major European powers like Germany's sending tens of billions of dollars to Putin. That funded his military build up, that's funding his war machine. And in Trump's first term, Europe defied his warnings, doubled down on dumb and dumber, and they kept building more pipelines into Russia. He was shutting down nord Stream too. If you recall back in the day, and even several years ago, Europe was still sending Putin around twenty you know, twenty two billion dollars a year for Russian energy. In other words, they're funding Putin's war machine. So I say this in light of the news that broke just earlier today that NATO had to scramble warplanes because Russia hit near the Romanian border in Ukraine, and two German warplanes were scrambled overnight from Romania after Russia launched a large scale missile and drone attack in Ukraine less than a mile from the NATO borderline. Now that's Vladimir Putin's saber rattling, but it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day.
Speaker 1: This decision of whether the war is going to stop is going to be made by Vladimir Putin and by President Zolensky of Ukraine, and if they let this opportunity pass well, the results will be devastating. The results for Vladimir Putin are going to be severe. Economically, the lifeblood of Russia's economy is the sale of energy. And right now, Lindsey Graham in the US Senate, you never get eighty five senators to agree on anything, but they're all sitting tight on top of a sanctions bill that will go after Russia and their energy. And then the President will use the power of our economy to prevent other countries from buying Russian energy period And I think Plan B probably starts right about now for President Trump, and that is punishing Moscow, and by doing it, you're doing it economically. And then the fact that the President will sell sophisticated weaponry to Ukraine is another motivation that it should motivate, you know, Putin to want to make a deal here. Do I think it's in the best interest of Ukraine to stop this. I do because at the end of the day, the fact that they have fought so valiantly and so successfully. I don't think anybody at the start of this conflict thought that we'd be three years into this and that Russia has not been more successful than they have been. I mean, yeah, they've hit a lot of areas within Ukraine, but in terms of territory that they gained relatively small considering what was supposed to be the overwhelming might of the Russian army, which has not been particularly impressive, especially in my view. You know, you kind of use the plan that I think the president used with Iran and with Hamas and funding of terror. I mean, we know that the Iranians of the number one state sponsor of terror. We know that they helped PLoP plan and scheme when happened October seventh, twenty twenty three. We know that revolutionary forces were responsible in part of the planning, Kud's forces part of the planning. We know that they provided the weaponry for Hamas in the south and for Lebanon and the north, and for the Huti rebels and other terror groups throughout the region. And you know, it's interesting after the fiftieth day that Donald Trump gave Iran to go to the table and make a nuclear deal, and they basically thumbed their middle finger at the US. On the fifty first day, Israel went in there and decimated them, absolutely decimated them, taking out their missile battery systems, taking out their air defense systems, taken out pretty much everything, which paved the way for a very difficult what ended up being an extraordinar extraordinarily successful effort, and that was to take out their nuclear sites. Now the result is they the Iranians were near bankruptcy during Trump's first term because of the sanctions that he had put on them. They were working and you saw the people in Iran beginning to rise up because they were sick and tired of living under these you know, rigid mullahs in Iran and these rigid rules that were put in place. Anyway to fast forward, we have a group of reformers now inside of Iran and this was reported on today in the New York Post. They're calling for a ran to suspend their uranium and Richmond program, in other words, give up their nuclear ambition. Why because they want to reach a deal with the US to ease sanctions on the country as they face widespread power and water shortages, and they're struggling financially, and their people are beginning to struggle. And if they continue to struggle, you know, usually the outcome of such a struggle ends up with some type of new government taking over. And that's kind of similar to what happened in the Cold War. I mean, Ronald Reagan showed strength. Ronald Reagan came into office, he had militarily what he called a gap of vulnerability. He had planes that couldn't fly at ships that couldn't go out to sea. We had a depleted military, very similar to what President Trump just inherited, and he set about building a six hundred ship navy and modernizing all our military equipment, replenishing our military equipment, advancing our military technology. The big issue as President Reagan went into his summit with Gorbachev at Reikievic was the issue of strategic defense. With the media in this country mocked as you know, Star Wars, well, real life Star Wars has been happening all over the Middle East thanks to Ronald Reagan's vision of strategic defense, and I argue that might go down in history as his greatest legacy. I think if the President's capable of building out a golden dome to protect America from you know, new modern weaponry that it is being developed on a daily basis, including hypersonic technology. You know, we there could be down the line in the future at some point, at some date, untold millions of lives that can ultimately be said because of the technology we're beginning to develop even today. And I know people that are working on it, and they are going, you know, hardcore, deep in the paint to get this done as quickly and as expeditiously as humanly possible. You have a viral video of a Rhode Island Democrat attorney general threatening police while resisting arrest after being told to leave a restaurant. Linda, did you see that video? It's unbelievable. See the horrible, I mean, it's insane body camera footage showing a Rhode Island prosecutor but rating a police officer and attempting to avoid arrest after a drunken night out with a friend. The Rhode Island Special Assistant Attorney General, Devin Flanagan Hogan, a Democrat, arrested Thursday for allegedly trespassing at Clark cook House, a swanky waterfront restaurant in Newport. I'm an ag. I'm an ag. You know what are your probable cause to detain me? For? Hogan complaining as the cops are trying to handcuff her and jeezus out there in the slinky little dress trying to you know, tell them you better turn off your You're going to regret this. You're going to regret this. Why do people do? It's sort of like those people, famous people that walk into arrested. Do you know who I am? You do not know who I am. I can't stand these people. Unbelievable. A top Justice Department mortgage fraud prosecutor is urging New York Attorney General Leticia James resign. The Justice Department Special Attorney for mortgage fraud Ed Martin has now urged the New York Attorney General Letitia James to resign as his office is investigating her for potential mortgage fraud. He sent a letter to James attorney Abby Lowell on August the twelfth, in which he said James would best served the good of the state and the nation by resigning from office. Who addressed the issues in the referral. A resignation from office would give the people of New York and America more peace than proceedings. It's so interesting to watch those people that were most active in weaponizing justice and her and Adam Schiff and all these other people. Adam shift got the preemptive pardon. It's going to be difficult to go after him. I don't think Letitia James got one. I didn't see her name on the list. I didn't see Alvin Bragg's name on the list. But Adam Schiff, you know, man, Democrats, I guess they're just so arrogant. They think they can get away with everything. I have to hire accountants and attorneys for every aspect of my life because I know if I don't dot every eye and cross every tee, forget it, they'd come after me in a heartbeat. Good news today New York Times. Voters are abandoning the Democratic Party in droves. I don't want to say the death cycle of the Democratic Party, but there seems to be no end to this, one voter. One voter registration expert said anyway. According to the detailed analysis the Times headline this morning, Democratic Party faces a voter registration crisis. The party is bleeding support beyond the ballot box. The Democratic Party is hemorrhaging voters long before they even go to the polls of the thirty states that track voter registration by political party, Democrats lost ground to Republicans in every single one between twenty twenty and twenty twenty four, often by a lot. The four year swing towards Republicans adds up to four point five million voters, a deep political hole. I don't even know if this current Democratic Party can pull their way out of that. So things are changing. And you saw in Matt Towery insider advantage in his poll. You know, every demographic is moving towards Donald Trump fifty four percent approval, forty four percent disapproval, and every demographic he's on the positive side, not on the negative side.
Speaker 2: So there is a movement in this country that is very real.
Speaker 1: And as I have pointed out, there are most polling outfits oranizations, especially if they're related to the legacy media. They have never really polled Donald Trump well in the ten years he's been on the political scene. Since twenty fifteen, they just haven't and they don't understand him they don't understand the people that support him. They use methodologies that are biased and designed to be biased. They will usually overpoll Democrats as a means of creating an impression that is false. You know, Like recently, up until this week, I've been seeing poll after poll kind of showed that, oh, Donald Trump, is that a loan? Now it's at thirty eight percent, and it shows up on a liberal website somewhere. And then when a poll comes out by Matt Towery, who has consistently along with Robert Kahley and John McLaughlin and Rasmussen and Atlas Polling, who really only shows up during election years, and I don't even know who they are, but they have been the people that have been consistently correct and consistently right. And so when Matt Powery after the Alaska summit with Vladimir Putin shows Trump with a fifty four percent approval rating forty four percent dis approval rating, I believe his numbers because he was right in twenty sixteen, he was right in twenty twenty, he was right in twenty twenty four. Anyway, So for the New York Times to hit the panic button like they have with the headline the Democratic Party faces a voter registration crisis and that the party's bleeding support beyond the ballot box. It's not hard to figure out why. I mean, it's every issue we talk about every day. I mean to see the Democratic Party be the party of sanctuary cities and states, the party of defund dismantled no bail laws, the party of wokeism, Deiism, championing the right of men to play women's sports, the party higher energy prices, the party of now outright Marxism. Forget about which is the Green New Deal is is basically the same thing, just with a different name. But that's you know, cradle to grave, womb to the tomb. And so this party has been radicalized. Any moderate voices that might exist are fearful to take on those loud voices that now control the Democratic Party. And you know the names Pocahontas and Grandpa Bernie. And if you look to the younger generation, it's Mom Donnie, Marxist Mum Donnie and AOC and squad members and and so this is what people hear every day and see every day. And Jasmine Crockett, I mean Stephen A. Smith gives me a hard time because I know.
Speaker 2: What you're doing.
Speaker 1: Like, what do you mean you know what I'm doing? Yes, I see, I see the Democrats that you play on you show, you play, you play the crazies in the Democratic Party said pretty much they're all crazy. And for those people that might not be crazy, well, where are their voices except for John Fetterman. And John Fetterman is excoriated by his own party and is very very telling to see Josh Shapiro was what I thought would be a more moderate Democrat, definitely dipping his toe in the water and to see if there's any appetite for him to run in twenty twenty eight, you know, by coming out championing the right of men and women's sports and him coming out what was the other woke issue that he came out with, It was one other one. I mean, for him to take on these radical social positions means to me that he knows that he if he's thinking about running for president, he can't win if he's going to be a moderate. Here's their long term problem is that on every eighty twenty seventy five, twenty five, ninety ten, ninety five to five issued they're on the wrong side. They don't want to build a wall. They lie to us for four years. They don't even want to ever call or acknowledge people that have been victims of the twelve to twenty million unvetted Biden Harris, the illegals in this country, people that are victims of murder, rape, and their families and in the aftermath of this other violent crimes. They don't want to deal with it. They'd rather be the party that stands up for Brego Garcia. They'd rather be the party of sanctuary cities.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Now, California, we find out this truck driver in Florida came into the country in twenty eighteen illegally. And this guy goes to California gets a commercial driver's license. The Trump administration denied him his right to a commercial license. Joe Biden's administration gave him a commercial license. One report today that the guy didn't even know how to read English, and he's out there driving a rig and he makes a U turned and now we have three dead Americans. At what point do we not recognize the democratic policies aren't keeping people safe and secure?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: How? How has this defund dismantled no bail law idiocy worked out not working out very well. You know, our nation's capital, just like New York and California and Illinois. Look at look at how many we don't even count dead people in Chicago anymore. We don't even doesn't even make news anymore. The only reason it makes any news ever, it's on shows like this. I mean, we have, we have tried to highlight this issue since Barack Obama was president. We could only find two, maybe three times in his entire presidency that he talked about the murder rate and the violence in his hometown of Chicago. You know, if it wasn't for Giano Calwell, who lost his little brother, who was murdered, innocently murdered, lauded on the streets of Chicago, just another name, And if he hasn't been out there, you know, screaming loudly and championing on on this show and on Fox and other places, you know, nobody would know anything about Chicago violence. But it's still going on. It's still happening in cities like New York. It's still you know, all these cities that have adopted all of these insane no bail laws and defund and dismantle and let's put in social workers' attitude and reimagine the police nonsense. That's not working out.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Democrats just voted for the largest tax increase in the history of the country instead of the lower the largest tax decrease in American history. They claim to care about working men and women, they voted to raise their taxes. Donald Trump Republicans thankfully prevailed. And now we have no tax on tips, no tax on overtime, and every American that makes money is getting a tax cut everyone, and the president's protecting social security. Democrats like Obama told us forever that manufacturing was never coming back to America. All right, Well, Donald Trump, he was getting excoriated by all the quote pundits, the punditry class over the issue of tariffs. Well, those tariffs resulted in a massive change in behavior. And America had been ripped off, taken advantage of for so many years, and it just nobody ever dared challenge the status quo. He challenges the status quo on everything. He's been able to control the borders. He's now deporting illegal immigrant criminals. He's opened up drilling and fracking and coal mining. That's going to be. We can't even begin to calculate the impact that's going to have on the economy. He's gotten over fifteen trillion dollars in committed moneys and manufacturing over the next four years, high paying career jobs for Americans, and that's in auto manufacturing that wasn't going to come back to America. We were told, you know, we have outsourced pharmaceutical manufacturing, which is dangerous to our supply chain lines. You know, We've outsourced semiconductor chips, that's been dangerous. We've outsourced rare earth minerals, which are vital and critical to building, you know, our defense. It's necessary for our defense Department in ways that I can't even begin to describe, but I've talked to the experts about it, and that includes magnets. You can't build cars without magnets and rarer minerals, you just can't. And yet we have outsourced a lot of these raw materials to other countries because of these strident environmental policies of the Democrats. So when you see this attrition among the Democratic Party, it should not be a surprise. Of the thirty states that they tracked voter registration by political party Democrats of lost ground to Republicans and every one of them and in most cases by an awful lot a lot to make a difference. And you know, it's up to nearly five million voters, and there's a stampede. And again this is just post twenty twenty four. If Donald Trump is is able to bring the economy back to anywhere near the boom that I expect, again putting aside unforeseen circumstances, if he's able to bring back the economy with manufacturing in fifteen trillion, and also add to the coffers, because now we're putting tariffs on countries that have abused us and taken advantage of us all these years. And if lower taxes stimulate the economy as it always has historically, like when Reagan gave us, at the time the largest tax cut in history, dropping the top marginal rate from seventy to twenty eight percent, revenues doubled. If we can get you know, fifteen to twenty million new jobs online, if you get Americans off of government assistance and back in the workforce, that's going to increase revenues. And if you you know, deregulate, if you eliminate regulation. How do you fail? And this is what? Now? What on what issue is the Democratic Party on the right side on? You know, for the first time since twenty eighteen, more new voters nationwide are choosing to be Republicans than Democrats. All told, Democrats lost two point one million registered voters between and twenty twenty four in thirty states along with Washington d C that allow people to register with a political party, and the remaining twenty state voters do not register with a political party. Republicans, you know, all told, have gained nearly five million people. I mean, what adds up to a you know, a a net ad of just shy of five million people for the Republican Party. Democrats went from a nearly eleven point advantage over Republicans on election day in twenty twenty in those places with partisan registration to just over six percentage points in twenty twenty four. And it's going down precipitously because they have not had any introspection any course correction.
Speaker 2: I mean, it really is.
Speaker 1: If you look at Gavin Newsom, I don't think there's any doubt about it that Gavin Newsom definitely imagines himself in the Oval office. Being president. That's my take. I don't dislike the guy personally, got along great with him. He doesn't like me anymore. I don't know why that's up to him. But if you look at him, for example, he's tried being a podcaster. He's, you know, first he's we're building up a fund to fight Trump, and then it becomes well, let me talk to conservatives, let me bring on Steve Bannon, let me bring on people like Charlie Kirk, and then he says I've never been for men playing women's sports, until the tape comes out and contradicts exactly what he's saying. You know, Gavin's of the unfortunate situation for Gavin is he can try to evolve and create new images. Now he's trying to be you know, Donald Trump, like, you know, going after people on Twitter, and it's backfiring because it looks silly. Even Morning Joe is making fun of it today. If Liberal Joe's making fun of you and you're a Democrat, you got a problem. You got a big problem. But that's not what's gonna you know, it doesn't matter how slicky is, doesn't matter that he can talk speak well, None of that matters when you have a twenty five thirty year track record and every comment you've ever made in every position you've ever taken is going to be examined, and you're on the wrong side of every issue. And there's a reason that people have been leaving California in droves. It's the number one tax state in the country, is the worst schools in the country. It's a sanctuary state. You have sanctuary cities all over the place. The quality of life issues are very, very real in California. I mean, stores are closing left and right. And I saw today. I don't know if you've heard about bed Bath and Beyond, but they made an interesting observation. At least I thought it was pretty interesting. And I like bed Bath and Beyond, not that I ever go shopping, but they've been struggling financially. They actually put out a statement from the executive on the board of bed Bath and Beyond and they put it on Twitter, and he said, you're not going to open up any retail stores in California. This isn't about politics, It's about the reality. A California system makes it nearly impossible for businesses to succeed. And I won't put our company, our employees, or our customers in that position.
Speaker 2: It's not about politics.
Speaker 1: Higher taxes, hire fees, hire wages that many businesses simply cannot sustain, and endless regulations that strangle growth that sums up the Democratic Party today. None of this is surprising to me. No course correction, no introspection, nothing, and I wouldn't expect it either. I don't think all of a sudden, the Democrats are gonna wake up tomorrow and Chuck Schumer and how came Jefferies, will will find an ounce of courage and stand up to the likes of Jasmine Crockett, AOC the Squad, Bernie and Pocahontas that are the dominant voices in their party. I don't think that's gonna happen. I don't think they're gonna say let's secure the border. I don't think they're gonna say let's refund the police. I don't think they're gonna say they support tax cuts. I don't think they're gonna want to deregulate. I don't think they're gonna want energy dominance. They didn't even want to take out a RAN's nuclear sites. They can't even praise Trump for trying to bring peace in the Middle East and Europe. They couldn't stand for the families that lost loved ones because of their open borders when they lie to US and said the borders were closed.