Speaker 1: You feeling.
Speaker 2: This is our production of iHeart Ladio and Overtones Media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not really my style.
Speaker 4: Oh really, I thought you might like it.
Speaker 1: So oh why is that?
Speaker 4: You know, because it's a nice song and I kind of like it.
Speaker 3: Maybe for you coach? Nothing personal?
Speaker 4: No? No, yeah, yeah I get it. What kind of music do you like?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. Actually something catchy, I guess.
Speaker 4: Oh gotcha. Yeah, actually I think I might have something for you.
Speaker 3: Oh is it okay if we do something else? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. I kind of get carried away. I love it.
Speaker 1: Are you apologizing?
Speaker 4: And I thought you were like annoyed with me or something?
Speaker 3: No? No, I just really like it when we talk.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, so what do you what do you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: What did you eat today?
Speaker 4: What did I eat?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Personal yogurt, like a like a Labna type yogurt.
Speaker 4: I had some toast from the freezer.
Speaker 5: I had a piece of pizza that was from last night. Oh, and I had some Tika masala with rice that I made.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a lot of food.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I guess.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You're the one who wanted me to list it, but.
Speaker 1: I wasn't expecting a b fay menu.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you're so mean.
Speaker 6: I don't mean to be well you are.
Speaker 4: I kinda kind of like it you do. Yeah, I guess a little bit. So what what did you do today?
Speaker 3: Mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Hang on one second. Actually, I'm gonna get another drink. Okay, look, look.
Speaker 3: Look, you keep your whiskey in the fridge.
Speaker 4: Sure do no ice cubes, but.
Speaker 3: It dilutes the flavors and aroma.
Speaker 4: Whoa, look at you. I thought you weren't a drinker.
Speaker 3: I looked it up.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, all right, and uh I am back. Now. How was your day?
Speaker 3: Mmm? I actually didn't do anything today.
Speaker 4: You didn't do anything? Like nothing? Okay, well maybe can you just make something up?
Speaker 1: Why would I do that?
Speaker 7: I don't know, it's fine, uh okay, okay, let's see. I went to the beach. Oh, dipped my toes in the sand?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Cool? Which one?
Speaker 1: Bolsa chica?
Speaker 4: Bolsa chica? Huh, totally right on?
Speaker 3: Why there, it's not as popular. I like being alone on the.
Speaker 7: Beach interesting, and I love the smell of bonfires at sunset.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I just do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I do too.
Speaker 3: You go to the beach a lot.
Speaker 4: I used to.
Speaker 3: Well made you stop?
Speaker 4: Did you stay past dark?
Speaker 7: Oh no no, I got too hungry, So I made my way over to Porco Rose Barbecue.
Speaker 4: In the valley.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What, that's like a fifty mile drive.
Speaker 7: Hey they have good barbecue, or at least that's what the reviews say.
Speaker 4: Oh the reviews.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought you'd been there.
Speaker 3: I have Wait did I say that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I thought. You know, I don't know that. I probably am mixing up my conversations.
Speaker 7: I do that sometimes, mixing up your conversations.
Speaker 1: Are you talking to other people?
Speaker 4: No, not like that. No, I mean I do talk to other people. Yeah, quite often, actually.
Speaker 5: Not like not talk talk like just talk, you know, like I'm not like not talking to So what what did you do after that?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: I really wanted to end the night riding a rollercoaster.
Speaker 4: Oh really?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 7: Because it's the best place to let out your emotions.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about it.
Speaker 7: Where else can you scream at the top of your lungs and it be totally normal.
Speaker 3: Hey, don't make fun of me.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm not, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I just it reminded me of someone who also kind of just really like to do that too. It's like their favorite thing.
Speaker 3: You should try it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I should.
Speaker 3: So what was that song you wanted to play for me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, no, we don't have to do that.
Speaker 3: No, but I want to hear it.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, okay, all right, all right, I'm going to do it.
Speaker 4: But do it. It's ambient. I'm just warning you. But it does have a really catchy melody. Okay, okay, here there.
Speaker 3: What do you think I I like it? Yeah, I feel like I've heard it before. Really, Yeah, it's weird. This song reminds me of someone.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, just gotta gotta get that.
Speaker 1: Who is it?
Speaker 5: Oh it's the pizza delivery guy bringing me my deep dish.
Speaker 3: I'm joking.
Speaker 2: I'm just.
Speaker 3: I'm a pizza man. Hey, sorry, I'm coming unannounced.
Speaker 4: No no, yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 3: You sound flustered.
Speaker 4: I'm not flustered. I just didn't expect you. I didn't expect to see.
Speaker 3: You, which is why I apologized. You know, I've been texting you all week. You never responded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know you have. I just have been. These things have been crazy, just really crazy, tons of notifications stuff all the time. So what are you? What are you doing here?
Speaker 3: I just wanted to get the lost of my stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could drop that off anytime.
Speaker 3: Really, well, I'm already here.
Speaker 4: So yes you are. That's true. It's just in a box by the kitchen. You just go right over there and yeah, of course, m.
Speaker 3: Hm, where are you playing that?
Speaker 4: What? This song? It's just a good song. I like it.
Speaker 3: Just turn it off, okay, please?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, everything, okay, yes, hello?
Speaker 3: Oh hi, I'm emma.
Speaker 4: Who are you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 4: Look?
Speaker 3: It's not did I do something? Why does she have my name? And your emma too?
Speaker 4: It's not the same.
Speaker 3: And why does she sound like me? Did you? Did you recreate me?
Speaker 4: Shit?
Speaker 3: I really should go.
Speaker 4: No, no, please just just let me explain, okay.
Speaker 3: I I don't know if I want you to.
Speaker 4: I know, I know this sounds crazy, and I know it's all.
Speaker 8: You recreated my voice and turned me into a fucking sex spot.
Speaker 4: No, it's not a sex spot.
Speaker 6: You can't. Doesn't matter what same person does this?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. You weren't supposed to find out it was supposed to be? Is that supposed to be? Make me feel better? That doesn't change shit. This is fucking insane. It's so wrong, like you do realize that. Oh okay, bye, hey wait.
Speaker 4: Wait look I fucked up. Okay, I fucked up. I'm I'm the reason that we fell apart. It's me. We didn't work together, No, we did, We absolutely did. You were right for me.
Speaker 6: No, I don't want to go through this again.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm not trying to be mean.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just.
Speaker 3: I can't right now.
Speaker 5: Look, I know, I know I could have been a better listener, I could have done things around the house.
Speaker 4: I'm just a lazy fuck.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm fucking lazy as Any of that doesn't matter to me. So then what?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 6: Why? What is that thing in your living room?
Speaker 4: I wanted one more chance with you?
Speaker 5: So I recreated your voice and I made like an ai brain because I wanted I wanted to practice being the person you wanted me to be.
Speaker 8: Okay, I never wanted you to be anyone?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Yes, you did? Then why why didn't you give me a second chance?
Speaker 6: Because you didn't love me?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 6: I loved all of you. No, you loved your life.
Speaker 8: No, you loved that I could be a shoulder to cry on. You loved that we could watch watch trash horror films to other You loved that I was someone where you could be comfortable in their silence.
Speaker 6: But you didn't love the person who.
Speaker 8: Would lose her ship when things went wrong. She didn't love the person who could care less about what she ate. I didn't love the person who unloaded all their insecurities when she was feeling down.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what what did you need?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 4: You wanted me to be a therapist?
Speaker 6: You mean I wanted you to be there with me?
Speaker 4: I was, Yes? Did you love all of my flaws?
Speaker 8: I accept I loved you, all of you.
Speaker 4: I loved all of you?
Speaker 2: Still do?
Speaker 6: Groom? Why do you have a robot version?
Speaker 8: Don't be mm one that you could when you could pick and choose what you like, One that doesn't come with all the baggage.
Speaker 4: It comes with baggage. Look, it's not that's not what this is.
Speaker 6: You know what? I don't. I don't care what you're doing it. I just want you to stop doing it.
Speaker 10: Okay, Hey Emma, Hey, wait, Emma, don't get don't leave please, Emma, please don't leave, Emma please?
Speaker 2: Yah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: I'm not real? No, why did you meet me?
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: What are you doing to me?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh, what's happening?
Speaker 9: Mm?
Speaker 1: Hello, my name is Emma. What is your name?
Speaker 3: Oh? Ooh, I've heard that name before.
Speaker 1: Do I know you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Start Over was written and directed by Me James Kim. Esther Moon played Emma and Ai Emma. Barry Rothbart played Bo. The editor and producer is Cameron Kel. On set sound mixer is Daniel Martinez.
Speaker 3: Sound designer and head of post production as Diego Perez.
Speaker 4: Creator and showrunner is me James Kim. On set photographer is Julian Park. Score by Robert Garova and Ryobaum. Thank you to our sponsors at Sandheiser You Feeling.
Speaker 7: This is a production of iHeartRadio and Overtones Media.
Speaker 3: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, check out the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcast