Speaker 1: Cavino and Rich over Promise presented by DraftKings Fantasy Sports. Check out what DraftKings has to offer this season with code over Promise. Because life's more fun when you're in on the action. DraftKings. The Crown is yours. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler Age and eligibility restrictions apply. Voidware prohibited. See DraftKings dot com for details. Oh yeah, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 1: Another over promised, Rich Davis, Steve Cavino love hang with you guys. Welcome to our bonus pod brought to you by DraftKings Sportsbook. I'm Steve Covino. That is Rich Davis. Happy Holidays. Oh yeah, and thank you guys for hanging out with us. Monday through Friday, and Fox Sports Radio two to four on the West will be filming in for Dan Patrick Christmas week. Correct yeah, but thank you guys for being here doing two over Promise per week. Now, thanks for checking us out. We're gonna talk about your sneaker game. Rich, you don't have any so take some notes. But your sneaker game here's the big words I'm rocking today. Oh yeah, Sneaker game is a story that involves Travis Scott and John McEnroe.
Speaker 2: Two people I like. We'll get to that.
Speaker 1: Plus I got I'll be honest, it's like a week Thursday Night game. But I think I got a pick that's gonna win us some money. So we'll go over some picks for Thursday Night and one prop bet you're not gonna want to miss. But uh, hold on me before we get into our first conversation. Yeah, I forgot. I have to send the de Vito family some panaton. Don't forget about what story? Huh? What a freaking story Tommy DeVito has become. You want to go over all the headlines before we post a hard hitting question. Please do well again? Tommy DeVito a blessing or a curse for the New York Football Giants. We'll explain. But as of today, the NFC Player of the week one hundred and fifty eight yards seventy one rushing yards. One tuddy. He's balling out there looking like the man player of the week.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's awesome. His agent, Agent of the week, right, Agent of the week, Seawan Stiletto. People are like, is this guy for real?
Speaker 1: I was definitely a major headline the game owned that strip Cup Stiletto's.
Speaker 2: In New Jersey.
Speaker 1: You know, I wouldn't be surprised. I think his nick he's either slimmy or Slimy. I don't know either one works for this guy. But people are like, is this guy real? And he's like, he's good for business. Oh, that's another storyline his agent. Then, of course the nickname is taken off Tommy Cutlets right telling you we said it the other day. We'd be shocked if there weren't Chicken cutlet pop up stores around the Tri state area, beck East. But there's a side story where day Bawl never had Tommy's cutlets or so people are like, he's gotta have the cutlets. Cutlets are sweeping the nation. So that's another storyline. And then everything Tommy does this week turns to gold. Right, So he struts in with this fusha fuzzy fuchsia.
Speaker 2: Jacket, strutted like Con McGregor, the way you're doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, hey, it was off Tommy. I don't, I don't, I don't, And people are like, yo, where do I get that? Look how he pulls it off? Now he did it, pull off a nice victory. He pulled off that jacket.
Speaker 2: Oh here's the question. We got to post old.
Speaker 1: I have one more storyline. You know, all the families in the Tri State area freaking out about this, and they're bringing food to the family.
Speaker 2: Like, thank you, Trail Lazania.
Speaker 1: It's a holiday blessing.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a holiday miracle.
Speaker 1: They're bringing food to the It's out of control, dude, But it's such a great story. Now, the question really is is Tommy DeVito It might seem great now, what a little blessing and what a nice little storyline for the NFL. Right, Tommy DeVito, Italian dude from Jersey starting for the Giants. Everything about it seems really fun, really fun, really relatable, and there's something really genuine about it. We grew up in the Tri State area, so we know this kid could be your neighbor. This could be a kid you went to high school with. Tommy David, he would have been in my homeroom. Cavinod Vito, let's go present. Yes, so it's a fun, fun story again, the underdog rockybo sort of no one expected this from a kid.
Speaker 2: But I got to ask the real.
Speaker 1: Question, though, is Tommy DeVito secretly the worst thing that has happened to the New York Giants, because sometimes what seems like a good thing could be putting you in a real shitty dilemma. Now, you're not one for hypotheticals. I'm not. I like to turn dilemmas into dileminating. But I'm not talking when you have a wife and kids. But when we were single, you and I and we were dating random girls. We'd go out to like a party or an event, and you would always say to me, and what would you do if you met the one tonight? Like, what do you mean the one? You go, Yeah, I know you're dating someone, but what if tonight it just so happens you meet an angel. You never know, you could walk into anywhere right, meet someone. It changed your life, Like wait a second, changes your whole perspective. Dream we eva, I believe you canna get me through. Then meet some girl.
Speaker 2: I was like, whoa.
Speaker 1: I thought I was good and then I met this person and messes up your whole vibe. Listen, the Giants just gave Daniel Jones him doctor Jones. Yeah, forty mili a year. Now, what happens in the relationship hypothetical? We just said Tommy DeVito is sort of pointing out what Daniel Jones is not right. And I think a lot of times in relationships, work, sports, a backup, your replacement at the office, a new girler guy in a dating situation, the new person sometimes really accentuates what the other person's lacking. And Daniel Jones is sort of boring and a little lackluster and doesn't really own the fan base the way Tommy DeVito has over a month, not only the fan base. Here's what I noticed the most that Tommy DeVito not only won over the fan base, made the Giants exciting, but the team plays different behind him. I think that says the most. The same people that were playing with Jones, they weren't playing the way they're playing now. And look at the record, it speaks for himself. Three and one with Tommy Gutlets, one in five with boring ass Daniel Jones, and Daniel Jones don't get a twisted has all the potential in the world. The dude has as a good arm, he could he could run, you know.
Speaker 2: He has.
Speaker 1: Again some good accuracy at times, but they don't play that way behind him. He didn't have enough time to pass for some reason or it's seen that way, Toby's making it happen that it'd be clear. You got to really dive into the schedule to be like, well, who did they play?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 1: Why did the schedule make it look like the Giants stunk with Jones? And now they got a little life on the de veto here here's the point. You point out everything that Jones is not, but money is usually such a key factor, not only in the NFL, but any sport when you're looking about, uh, the idea of replacing someone and I thought it was preposterous, and you said, you think I'm crazy. Other people are talking about it in the sports world. Is there a little minuscule chance that Tommy DeVito makes the Giants double think they're Daniel Jones decisions?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you gotta.
Speaker 1: If he continues, by the way, if he continues balling this way and a story continues to grow, you cut your losses with Jones and you gain in actual wins for the Giants. What makes the what makes the forty nine ers in your opinion, so valuable in the moment, the fact that they're winning with paying brock Purty so little, so little, so little. I'm glad you brought up rock Purty too, because it does show you it doesn't have to be a fluke. We don't know that yet, right, This could be just fun in the moment and we could all be prisoners of the moment. But if he continues, Hey, brock Purty did it. It's not impossible to be a guy that was overlooked and play with house money, nothing to lose, less pressure, and therefore you're succeeding and you got everyone else behind you. It's Look, it's a good problem to have because having options could seem dreadful, but having none is worse.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Let it be know, no one's throwing away money. Eighty two million dollars is guaranteed to Daniel Jones and right now Tommy DeVito's on a three year deal making less than a million a season. So what a great backup, What a great story. But but what happens if he is the back up and he never really stinks it up? Everyone's calling for cutlets exactly. That puts extra pressure on Jones. So hey, we'll cross that bridge when it happens. But I think you got to go with the hot hand. He has to play the Eagles two more times this season, so let's have Tommy DeVito have some true defensive competition. However, I think the story continues because Week fifteen they play the Saints, and I think they can compete with the Saints. So well, Tommy DeVito, let's talk about Thursday night. Draftking Sportsbook. Let me give you a teaser bet and a player prop. Now, I'll be honest, there are times where I look at a game and I'm like, you know what, I don't even want to touch this. This is sort of one of them, but just for the fun of it, for the hell of it, for the smell of it. It's the holidays season, so why not make a bet? Right? DraftKings Sportsbook, Our code over promised. Now it's a Thursday night game, and everywhere you're looking, you're like, who.
Speaker 2: Has the edge here?
Speaker 1: You're talking about a backup quarterback East for the Chargers, Aidan O'Connell for the Raiders. So not even a true starter. Two teams that are five and eight that have both under delivered.
Speaker 2: The Raiders.
Speaker 1: For a minute you thought they might have a chance. No, they're done, Antonio Pierce. That was a nice little moment. That's over. Stanley sells a job in Los Angeles with the Chargers. This is a garbage game, but it's Raiders by three. So what I sort of like is the Chargers plus nine the Chargers. I'm not saying they're gonna win, but this might be some bullshit close game, and I like under forty and a half. Do you know the Raiders three nothing lost last week was the first time in sixteen years a game was three nothing And can you imagine taking your family to that game? Look at this bed, would you feel you tried to do something nice? I'm so sorry, guys. Is that team gonna blow it up offensively this week? My answer is probably not. And the Chargers haven't scored more than twenty in weeks. So I look at and say under forty and a half, lock it in, so the snooze.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. The teaser.
Speaker 1: Plus nine under forty and a half again a game that you'll watch because you love football. But I'm not sure if I necessarily would have bet on this just for that he I mean, let's do it right, plus nine under forty and a half. I do like this one player prop though, Austin Eckler, When you're dealing with a lot of unproven people. Who do you lean on veterans and stars, star players? Yes, And Austin Eckler is the guy that when when he's hot, he could go off and the over under on his rushing yards forty six and a half. I like Austin Eckler over forty six and a half rushing yards because you might pass the ball a little less with.
Speaker 2: An unproven quarterback.
Speaker 1: You don't have Justin Herbert, you have Easton right, Easton stick, So it's like, you got this dude, I think you're gonna rely on the run game a little more. And the Raiders are sort of middle to the bottom of the pack when it comes to rush defense. So if you don't think Austin Eckler could put up a fifty spot, I don't know. I like that as a problem. Last time Easton delivered when I was hitting little league home runs, the big barrel bro the black Magic. That was the last time I believe this guy, all right, So lock it in DraftKings Sportsbook. Now, can you believe we're this deep into the NFL season headed into Week fifteen? We got to make every second count. With DraftKings Sports Book, you can make the most out of every game. Bet on your favorite team for a shot at winning big bucks. New customers could score one fifty instantly in bonus bets for betting just five on any matchup in on the actual DraftKings Sports Boo, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Download the app now use code over promised. New customers can score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets for betting just five bucks on the NFL. Only on Draftking Sportsbook with code over promised. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called what eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight oping wire techs oping y for six seven three six nine At West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot nett. Please play responsibly. In Connecticut, help us available for problem gambling called eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Boothill casino in resort in Kansas. Must be twenty one or older in most eligible states, but h varies by jurisdiction. See DraftKings dot com Slash sports Book for details and state specific responsible gambling resources eligibility and deposit restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. In terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com slash football terms.
Speaker 1: And by the way, that game is in Vegas, eh by, I mean if they were playing in Los Angeles, wouldn't that be a Raiders home field anyway? Yeah, So, I don't know. I like, I like getting the points. I'm trying to convince myself that this is a bet to make. I don't know, what's your instinct feels that way, feels like you're trying to convince yourself convince everybody else.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying I listen, bet at your own risk. Don't take don't take my I've.
Speaker 1: Been to a very unpredictable season. Listen the last couple of weeks. I'll be truthful. I've been a little cold before that. I was I was so hot. I was like Hansel from Zoolander, go for hot and cold gambling streaks in that type of year. Like if you could have predicted last week that the Jets would put a whooping on the Houston Texans and that Zach Wilson would be the AFC Player of the week. This is all unpredictable shit and no one saw. But I do like the under and I also like the Eckler prop bets, so lock those in. Well, speaking of do you like the Nike Cactus Max? Do you know what they are? So? Aren't they the cactus Jacks? All that depends on whose side you're on. There's a little controversy or is.
Speaker 2: There going on?
Speaker 1: This is all about mutual respect, and I think everybody can relate to this story. Like if there's an older guy at the office, some new young hotshot comes in. Should the young hot shot be respecting the old veteran or should the old veteran be open to the suggestions and ideas of the young hotshot? Did you watch did you watch that movie on Netflix? Old Dads or Bill Barr, Bobby kanaval I? Did you remember they built their company and then they sold it to a young hotshot and the young hot shots like, yeah, you guys don't really need you anymore, Like we're, uh, you know, we got the new vision of this company. Like yeah, but we built this company, Yeah, you built it thirty years ago. That's where people butt heads generational, generationally, and that's what's going on with Nike or is it just a big marketing ploy. Is it a big viral marketing thing. We'll explain because John McEnroe, who goes deep. The history goes deep in the eighties, right, and he was the bad boy of tennis, always getting into fights and everything. He wore Nikes early in his career. He has a tennis shoe. It's a tennis shoe called the Cactus Mac.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: But now Travis Scott, who's known for putting his little spin on Nikes, putting his little remixes backwards, swooshes onto the sneaker. He puts his remix on it, and all of a sudden, it's hot, It's fire, everybody wants it. And that, you know, two hundred dollars sneaker becomes a twelve hundred dollars sneaker. So, like he says, I don't know much about Travis Scott. I'll be honest, not not my wheelhouse. But what I do know, yeah, just from being in the loop on shit. Anything he touches is hot. He created a McDonald's value meal, like the Travis Scott meal, and I remember there saying it's sold out.
Speaker 2: I'm like sold out. So Travis Scott is.
Speaker 1: A guy that I wanted his Jordans for years. I'm still waiting for Fox Sports Radio to give me a raise, so though I can afford.
Speaker 2: Him because that's how hot they are, right.
Speaker 1: So anyway, he puts his spin to go on the Cactus Max. They put the backwards logo on it, and now it goes from like one hundred dollars sneaker to like a twelve hundred dollars sneaker. But some leaked footage quote unquote leaked footage has surfaced of John McEnroe and Travis Scott fighting about, well, what's the shoe going to be called? And I understand John McEnroe saying, listen, I understand your brand is Cactus Jack.
Speaker 2: I get it your Cactus Jack, but I'm Johnny Matt.
Speaker 1: But I'm Johnny mat quohim Cactus Max.
Speaker 2: Give me a little respect here. I paved the way.
Speaker 1: Now here's the fun. At first, much like everything on social media, like oh is this real? And you're like, I think it's like a marketing tactic, which it likely is. But the reality is that whether it's real or fake, I'm leaning that this is staged a bit, but pretty cool to have Travis Scott and McEnroe joining forces. Just watch this for a second and tell me what you think.
Speaker 3: Damn it, Travis, Jenny's right, Okay, let's have a bit of a compromise here, Per suggests is to do a Cactus Mac thing for this one shoe instead of cactus Jack.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's but John, John, like, I mean, somebody.
Speaker 3: You will hear that, just kidding, I never about this cactas.
Speaker 2: Michael's in everything, like, let somebody.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, show a little respect.
Speaker 2: This is my show. Then, I mean, I just not I'm not really like feeling it. It's like some about it just filled the officer. So that's that's says it sounds like a hamburger.
Speaker 1: Travis Scott and John McEnroe now had enough the highst nobriety right, says that they're leaning that the videos are for advertising. Yeah, and they have announced that the sneaker is now called the Travis Scott X the nikey Mac attack by cackedus Jack. So the Nike macattack by cackedus Jack. But here word I know, right, it's like the Anaheim Angels of California.
Speaker 2: So John mcinhoe is saying, hey, listen, I get it.
Speaker 1: Just put cactus mac And they saw John mcenroll in the streets recently, and they're like, yo, but tell us about your fit and tell us about the controversy. And he took it upon himself, I think to change things around. Take a look and see what John McEnroe had to say about it. Hey, how you doing today?
Speaker 2: I'm doing pretty good? Yourself? Phone? What's your name of what are your phone?
Speaker 3: My name is John McEnroe and I'm from New York City.
Speaker 2: Okay, NYC. It's definitely in the house. Stop slay with them. Yeah, I mean, we see a fit discivery right quick. You know, my fits's pretty basic for the morning.
Speaker 3: I got a trends car, and I got a pair of jeans, okay, and I got my attacks on.
Speaker 2: Okay, I saw the video. What's going on with you and Travis?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: The thing is is that I was wearing these things in the eighties. Okay, take a look at this now though, Damn, Okay, before this guy was born. Now, all of a sudden, Travis Scott's.
Speaker 3: Got this thing. Cactus Jock. So I just made a Cactus mack.
Speaker 1: He rode. Yeah, I'll tell you what so now they're out and they say cactus jack on it. If I get them, if I make enough flow to get a pair of these, because spot have you seen goat is selling them like you gotta get them on these crazy apps because they're sold out everywhere go selling them for like twelve hundred bucks. If I get the Cactus Jacks, I'm gonna scratch out the back in right cactus mac on it, just like McEnroe did.
Speaker 2: But you see the side by side.
Speaker 1: The Max the regular ones are on the left, the Travis scott ones are on the right, and they just got a backwards swoosh and a little bit different but much different. Is worth a thousand dollars? Yes, because and that's only one side of them. You know what, then my mind has made up. I like John McEnroe. I love his antics. As a little boy, my dad, my dad loved tennis in the eighties. I feel like a lot of our dads did. My dad rocked a little Jimmy connorsh shorts and probably had the McEnroe sneakers. Yeah, but John McEnroe is a legend who buys sneakers and cares young people. This is a Travis Scott World that John McEnroe is being helped into John McEnroe is not selling sneakers anymore, but Travis Scott.
Speaker 2: Away see that.
Speaker 1: That's where the question lies whether or not this is just good viral marketing. It's like, well, shouldn't the older guy get respect that the office space at the workplace, just because you're old doesn't mean you're incapable of decisions, has mutual respect. The fact that they're incorporating him at all is a nice ode to McEnroe. Still, onen's the last time Chuck Taylor did anything, But you're still rocking those. Michael Jordan hasn't played in the years, and he still has a brand. The reason he's were even a thing is because mack and Roe wore them in the eighties. Dude, So it's like, you gotta the fact that they didn't call them cactus Max bothers me.
Speaker 2: It's it's a mutual respect.
Speaker 1: And I feel like so many times and too many times in today's world, we discredit the older guy. And guess what you're gonna be there to one day? How are you gonna feel when some young guy comes up and.
Speaker 2: Say, what do you know about old guy? Well, that's what That's what rubs me the wrong way in this story.
Speaker 1: Who do I connect more with Probably my childhood and John McEnroe.
Speaker 2: He was also in Like Sandler movies. He's a character.
Speaker 1: We've interviewed John McInroy on the show.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm more of a McEnroe guy, But I would be a fool to say John McEnroe has a Mac and Cheese guy.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 1: McEnroe has zero point zero poll in the sneakerhead world and Travis Scott is one of the top influencers in that game. So the fact that they're even including McEnroe, I think is respectful. We're not doing him any favors. Bro, He's a legend in his own right. The way you're saying is really bothering me. And that's what bothers me about this whole story. John McEnroe is a legend. Know your history influence in tennis. McEnroe, Travis Scotts. Look in reality, he's playing actual tennis in them. What is Travis Scott doing? Yeah, here we are Look at me, Look at Mac. Look at that Mac, Mac and Cheese. She's Mack and Mack. Yeah, we look better now than back then. I think we do now, I was like one hundred and fifty years ago. But again it's about who gets the respect. Of course, mutual is the right answer, mutual respect, But shouldn't John McEnroe get a little more respect?
Speaker 2: If this is really the story, think about it.
Speaker 1: I think you know. It reminds me of do you remember when Kanye West put Paul McCartney on one of his songs I Do, and there was a bunch of idiots saying, who's this old guy? I'm glad you said, idiots, it's Paul McCartney.
Speaker 2: He's an f and beatle.
Speaker 1: But in the twenty whatever year that was in the twenty teens, who had more musical influence Kanye West. I'm not saying Paul McCartney's not more meme fian than Kanye, but you gotta remember who's popular in the moment. If John macro came out with new sneakers tomorrow, no one would give a shit. If Travis Scott did, you'd be buying it for twelve hundred bucks. You set it your side just might, And I'm gonna scratch that off and write mac just like McEnroe, who's this Paul McCartney guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's BS.
Speaker 1: So anyway, what says you over promised Nation, Fox Sports Radio Nation, let us know at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio hashtag over promised hashtag Covino is right, which one's you buy? It's all right, fair enough. We'll see you guys next time. Until then, thank you DraftKings.
Speaker 2: Riad it there you baby, see you in the over promised land.
Speaker 1: Nice catch.