Speaker 1: I, Oh, my god, what a beautiful, beautiful day?
Speaker 2: Is it? Yes, it's glorious.
Speaker 1: I just looked out the side. I haven't been out yet. It's it's great. This is my this is my second time being out, but I'm just really excited to be Okay, what was.
Speaker 2: The first time, because it sounds like you want to.
Speaker 1: Talk about it, you know, and just went to the gym, you know, doing what I can. I'm just learning from my friends. What are you doing at the gym today? I did, I did arms, I did our arms, worked on my tricep. Yesterday we did legs. I had to do what's that bar? The machine that you have, the bar that you do the squats on sis. I can see your panties. I don't know what that machine is. I can see right up your skirt. You can okay, Well, yeah, I was using the machine that you put the weights on the side of the the the dumbbell or whatever, and then you bring it down.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to say squats? I'm trying to say you were doing squat.
Speaker 1: I was doing squats, but I was doing assisted squats with that with that machine.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, nobody listening, those are talking Okay, yeah, okay, great, so legs, arms, but shoulders yeah all that.
Speaker 2: Head, shoulders these and tozi.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So do you feel strong?
Speaker 1: No, I have absolutely no core. I have to work on our core strength. It's one of my weaknesses, which is a real thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't work out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: It's in your blood to work out, though, like your sister. Your family is very athletic. Yeah, your your mother runs the track in the morning. Yeah, in address shoe, Yeah, in a dressed in a dress shoe, Yeah, in a loafer.
Speaker 2: I don't know, that's just not in my blood to do that.
Speaker 1: So I'm just I'm forcing myself or your girlfriend is forcing you.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. Sis, don't act like she's not making Wow, Maie.
Speaker 1: I thought there's just some things that we could just keep amongst yourself.
Speaker 3: You talk about it in your instant stories, that public knowledge.
Speaker 1: That's not everybody, but listen to the podcast also watch your instant stories. Not everybody though it's two different platforms.
Speaker 2: Sis. Well, now the.
Speaker 3: Rest of the people who didn't know, they watch those instant stories.
Speaker 1: She's so honest and she's so hurt. Yeah, she's like, I look like this regularly, So why do I need to go to the gym? Oh?
Speaker 2: The haters were upset.
Speaker 1: They were in my in my inbox, like, well, not everybody is blessed like you. And I said, well, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for their God.
Speaker 2: But my God, my God always provides. God.
Speaker 1: My God comes true, comes true through like these ablines.
Speaker 2: Uh huh City. That sounds like a rooster. That's not I said, oh, and you said that's not. That's the new one.
Speaker 1: That's the new CARDI b right there. What were you an expert in today this week? An expert in this week?
Speaker 2: Get into it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, dealing with negative energy?
Speaker 2: Oh you sound like a white woman. Yeah, I know, I've been.
Speaker 1: I've been dealing with you know, I feel like I've been going now and people have been just giving me like the side eye and stuff like that, and I just don't understand. But I do understand because I'm actually glowing from within.
Speaker 2: Is this a new wig because it looks longer a little bit.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, we went to Goods and Biscuits with it. No, I know nothing.
Speaker 1: This is like your look, dude, thanks friend, you go when you go to the academy awards.
Speaker 2: You do this, Well, it's gonna be real.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be real human, Magnolian or what No, Mangolian, Mongolian. Yeah, it's gonna be Mangolian, Malaysian, chile Chilean, Virgin, Chilean, I'm dol Vietnamese in the bag. Yeah, just a little Cambodian bubbles and I'm gonna have I'm gonna have a name for her and everything. I'm just saying, it's good. I see you in like a red maybe off the shoulder. I don't know how you how you'll feel about your shoulders? Well, if I keep working out. I actually I'm waiting for your sister's boot camp to come through. Yeah, my sister's boot camp starts when the first weekend of June. We're not gonna be here, Okay, so oh so it's this weekend. I think it's this weekend.
Speaker 2: This is track. Well, maybe it's the following weekend. I don't know. Well, I'll have her push your back so we could be at the art girl Who Camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I've been I've been dealing with a little bit of hate and it's uh, how so, well, you know I got this this Clusterfest thing, and I've been going to a couple of shows and comedians have just been like paying me dirt, like just not giving me open arms like they usually do. And it's like, all right, well, aren't we all here to get something? Like why would you be mad at somebody getting something? Would you want them to do the same to you. We're all working towards something. It's not that they would want them to do the same to them, it's they're jealous. Jealousy is is real, Like you got it and they want it, and they're like, well, why are you here in my face at this mic with me? If you're better than us? No, but I don't think I'm better. I'm still happy, but you are. Well, my bank account does not, I mean, feel the same way equal everybody's poor. Yeah, you're funnier than them. No, I mean when Marie, when you got just for laughs, I feel like, I bet I'm funnier than everybody in the room.
Speaker 2: You going to Montreal to do coming Baby?
Speaker 1: I feel like everybody was man excited for you and happy about it, and like I was happy about it. I don't know if everybody was mad excited. I wasn't really paying attention to how everybody else felt.
Speaker 3: When I got just for laughs, I literally was like, I'm gonna go, I'm gonna kill it, I'm gonna come back, I'm gonna become a star. And then I'm not. You are, but I'm not, And so my back account doesn't reflect.
Speaker 1: It does not reflect at all, like my Angelina Jolie's status. But yeah, you know, I don't even have Catherine Heigel money. Sis, that's how small the funds are. It's so sad, so small. We're working towards it though. Yes, yes, we're going to San Francisco this weekend. It's gonna be cute, yes, But I don't. I wasn't thinking about how people were reacting to me getting just for laps at all. And you know, I'm oblivious to these white comedians.
Speaker 2: I wasn't. Yeah, I have no idea. I'm assuming that they were all bitter.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming everybody was like, oh here comes how sexy loud ass, yes, feeling the show.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I had a conversation with a comedian and he was just like, oh, well, the industry always takes care of the beautiful people and the gaze and all that other stuff.
Speaker 2: So the gazey the gay wave is like, he.
Speaker 1: Was, like, there was no straight uh, straight black men on that list for cluster fests. Well, I said, but you're all on. You're on every other list though.
Speaker 2: Take it up with management. It has nothing to do with me.
Speaker 1: But that's not true. I mean, you guys are in lists always. There's always straight black men. Why are you mad at pretty people in the gays? You should be mad at the straight white man, the straight white, unfunny white woman.
Speaker 3: Okay, where's all the anger for the white female comic that talks about sucking dick for twenty minutes?
Speaker 1: Where's the aa? But that's her, that's her truth. Let her speak in her truth. I let her have that.
Speaker 3: Where's the anger for the white female comics that talk about the Civil War on stage?
Speaker 2: Where's that? Where's that? Anyway? Yeah, how you're a black man?
Speaker 1: You mad at me because I got something like I'm just getting my foot in the door about That's.
Speaker 2: What I That's what I was saying.
Speaker 1: I was like, and don't act like I don't work every fucking night. I'll go to every every silly, messy show possible to get up and do better. And like I go to shows, and even if I don't have the strongest tet, audience members come up to me and be like, where are you gonna be next? Like because they're you're likable. Okay, you know what, Let's let's switch to my expertise.
Speaker 2: Expertise. You're working me up.
Speaker 1: What's your expertise? Honestly, I wasn't even really prepared. You're ready, though, you're ready. Let me tell you what my expertise was this week. My expertise was being a good host.
Speaker 3: Okay, this week, because like we know we're coming in on this is the week number three.
Speaker 2: Stilled out a mouth in my house.
Speaker 1: Still, I thought, you said, you haven't seen him in days. So we went out on Saturday. He must have went out of town. Uh, So we went to We were out on Saturday night and I came home and I had like because I took an edible before we went out, and I left a little cookie on my dresser.
Speaker 2: And I got home and I was like, this was this hole? Here was there? And I was like, oh wait, did the mouse get into this?
Speaker 1: And then I look at my shade butter that was next to the cookie.
Speaker 2: It was little footprints in my shape butter I put on.
Speaker 3: My face on my skin moisturizing product. The mouse had jumped into that like shot shot slide, like did did the electric slide in my shade butter and then ate the edible or maybe had the edible and then jumped into the shape butter, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think and then got into the shape because when you get high, you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just want to roll around some shit. I hope he died. I hope he died.
Speaker 3: I mean was expensive, but I hope that mouse got so high that he jumped off like the roof of his No.
Speaker 1: You haven't seen him because he's lit. He's somewhere in the corner, like sleeping. He's got to sleep.
Speaker 3: This edible off is he ate it on Sadday And I had to throw the edible in the trashes. I was like, this is It was something that Christina Galston had given me that I know was gonna be super cute.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: And I was like, can I cut around the mouse? No, you can't actually like drugs that much.
Speaker 1: I have to throw this. I will get you another edible.
Speaker 2: Friend.
Speaker 3: Well, we're gonna be in San Francisco. Weed is legal, so we're gonna haveeit some dispensary. Yes, well, Adrie and I and I have already discussed it.
Speaker 1: Good good girl friend and I. Y'all have fun. Can find all the weed, do all the things vapes, vape, vape it up.
Speaker 2: Put weed in my butt? Sis Justice, Wow, you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna do a weed bump, weed in my butt, a butt bump, weed bump bump.
Speaker 2: I'm great, speaking of weed bump umps, speaking of bumps.
Speaker 3: Our guess today is a hilarious comic, super entertaining. He's a writer, okay, he's a singer, singer at all. He sangs okay, not like Jennet Jackson sing, but like Jennifer Hudson sang.
Speaker 1: Yes said the full voice, the full foat. And he's an actor Okay, Sydney Andrew our guest give it up for our code switching expert Larry Owens. Hey, hey, mo ell no, it's me the mousefuck but I didn't go nowhere and guess what I ask because that's shake got me. Look my god, that mouse is moisturized and should have Larry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm done. That's my character work. Thank you, Larry. Slap it up, Larry.
Speaker 4: I know I've been like listening for weeks waiting to come on and trol you about the mouse.
Speaker 1: I know you were saying this mouse saga, like every time I post about it on Instagram, He's like, the mouse saga is hilary.
Speaker 2: It continues.
Speaker 4: It just is riven in content for me. Like I said, if you're listening to the pod, get into the stories, because to listen to these women is nothing like but to behold them.
Speaker 2: And when you're.
Speaker 4: Watching it go down, when you seeing the looks indoors, outdoors with companions alone, all.
Speaker 2: Of it just leaves me feeling to the later and refreshed.
Speaker 1: Yes, who I feel the same way about you, Larry.
Speaker 2: Yes, all platforms.
Speaker 1: No, on Instagram it's just said b W and then on twitter's just did.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, that's so I was right on the endst of that. Yes, Yeah, I've actually I've been like trying to get into Twitter more.
Speaker 1: I'm like trying my hand there, I'm trying to find my are you writing?
Speaker 4: No? I'm like where is my niche? I like, all I need is a small town in Iowa to follow me. I need all of them to follow me. And then like I don't even know if I get like stuff from it. But you know, I just get that affirmation, you know what I mean, Well, you're incredible.
Speaker 1: I feel like every time you come somewhere, you're shutting it down. I met you at Lost Culture says, I don't think so, honey, months and months ago, and honestly I.
Speaker 2: Was like, who is this guy? Yeah? What was your I don't think so honey.
Speaker 4: So I did the troll ball because I was on stage, like I was identifying just as an actor.
Speaker 2: Then I had not done a comedy set at that time.
Speaker 4: Really literally had just come from a hashtag summerstock gig in the Music Man in Connecticut, which like was for me, yep, it was for me was you know, I got to live my white woman Connecticut summer farmhouse moment. And then I came back to the city did the culturesa show. And so I came back and I was like, I cannot like come in with like a topic and then try to like out comedian these real comics that like I see in respect it was.
Speaker 1: Like where you had crops, you were very very comfortable comfort for those that are aware, Wow, wow, okay, you know what the crocs are coming back this summer?
Speaker 2: No no, no, not.
Speaker 1: The Crocs are coming back this summer. They the troll Ball gave.
Speaker 4: Me, uh new York, New York pizza, authentic New York pizza, and I went in on actually my only love, which is authentic New York pizza.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, and I will be bringing cross paths.
Speaker 1: It was incredible and you were singing along. I was like, wow, he obviously is a star. I was like, it's his agent. He is ready for the theater.
Speaker 2: I was like, he's booked and busy after this busy and blitt. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: No, So, Larry, can you talk us about code switching even is because there are people who are listening who don't know, who have no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Code switching is the ability by a person who comes from two worlds to be able to use language to transcend both of those worlds.
Speaker 2: Transit because it's not about i'mus.
Speaker 4: You are going above and beyond what one person does. So you're able to say, in this environment with these people, I'm going to use their language, and in my other environment, with these other people, my people, I'm going to use our language. And it's like doing that effortlessly, like without even thinking about it.
Speaker 2: We've been doing it our entire lives.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's necessary though, I feel like you should be able to I feel like you should be able to speak the way you speak with everybody. No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I feel like as black folks that like speak, well, yes, people are like, oh you sound white. You sound like an oreo, you sound like blah blah blah, or even like it's white. People have said to me, to my face, I'm blacker than you.
Speaker 2: To you, to me, they said that to you.
Speaker 5: To my roommate in college, like used to date the dustiest negros from Negros New Work, New Jersey, and she was like, I'm blacker than you.
Speaker 2: And I was like, sis, because you won't dusty dude from Newark. No, actually yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Won't take that and like an echo hoodie. No, she had like some like beat up tyms. I'm blacker because I've been with more black eyes. I was like, that makes you whiter than me.
Speaker 2: They don't want me.
Speaker 4: But it's just like this is the bullshit, like being like imagine like being seven years old, like in Baltimore and like all you know is musical theaters.
Speaker 2: Is that where you're finking? From Baltimore?
Speaker 4: So I was like, I'm from like North Avenue, which is where like they will go on location to film the Wire, Like, I'm from the hood, honey. I've been code switching so long. It's my native tongue.
Speaker 2: I could not tell. I could not tell it.
Speaker 3: When you get home and you get out of your car, you're like knee leaks to real house out of Atlanta.
Speaker 2: You're just like, so, oh my god.
Speaker 4: When I'm talking to my father, if I talk to my father like this, he's literally like, I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: So I have to have to so I have to be like, can you say that again? I don't know what you're saying. You guys, I don't know what you're talking about. Yeah, I'm like I'm yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm like, dad, Okay, So I I just booked this. I'm writing this thing. It's gonna be so fun. I'm singing with this person. It's kydie leupone.
Speaker 2: He's like, ye, that's what you're doing.
Speaker 4: But then if i'm but then if I come at him, and if I'm not coming him, that's like I'm about to. But then if i'm you know, if I'm talking to my dad, and I'm like, you know, it's I don't I'm having a I'm still kind of me. I'm still you know, because I'm soft and like he knows what I'm gay, and you know what I mean. So like there's like a let's say, it's a like a level.
Speaker 2: Two acceptance of my homosexuals.
Speaker 4: So like I can still be a little soft in my coade switch with her and be like, oh, yeah, no, I'm having a good time minute, you know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but I can't come down. I cannot come like this. No, I hear the difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I think for my dad, being a black dude who was born in the fifties in Baltimore, like whiteness is like not even just I don't know, privilege, it's also like intimidation, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So like like.
Speaker 4: Why would I like talk to my dad in the voice of the oppressor. I had to learn for myself organically because I also have better communication language with my privilege as a late you know, twentieth century black parson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, you definitely I feel the privilege from you.
Speaker 2: The way you got your belt buckle, you got your shirt tucked in, with the way I wasted the way you got your fit together. I'm setting here on the couch.
Speaker 4: Definitely you are, yeah, yeah, yeah, w GA the privilege about January.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Writer's Field of America.
Speaker 4: And you know what that last check, I just spent it last week. So we brought to be Unemployment Guild of America.
Speaker 2: Okay, leave the podcast.
Speaker 3: And he bought some blazer the Bureau of New York City. You bought some up Gucci loafers. What you buy with the last chick?
Speaker 2: I'm with my last check.
Speaker 4: No, I've just been this Aesos bitch because who was selling my you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So like this will come through with the with the sizes and the looks and even the material.
Speaker 2: When it comes back, you're like, oh this is not terrible. You're like this is amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is like trendy cheap ship that it's in my size. So like I don't even want to buy be buying like coutour right now.
Speaker 1: We can't afford it to shop some cuture. I feel like consignments shop is coature because I always get one of them. It's only one piece there and I don't know where it's from.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it'd be somethever, it'd be a lot of sorrow at the Would you know what the label beat?
Speaker 1: The label be off, the label be off, so it could be anything. Said, Okay, I saw a bag. I was at a at a at a crossroads thrift shop.
Speaker 2: I gasped, I said, what bag is that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: They were like, it's an alley Alexander Wang. I was like, QQQ. Let me see. Because it was behind the counter. I was like, let me see it was.
Speaker 1: It was like a bucket bag, like a bucket bag, but it had you know, the Alexander Wang spikes on the boxes.
Speaker 2: Did you get it? I looked at the price. I said two hundred dollars? I said, is this gonna come down? Is the price coming down?
Speaker 3: They were like, let me check in the bag, cause you know sometimes like if it's been sitting there for a while, they'll bring the price down.
Speaker 1: They were like, on Sunday, it's gonna be fifty percent off. I said, I could put a hundred dollars on an Alexander Wang bag. Oh my god, right, this is Friday, I said, all right. I said an alarm on my phone. I said, is it gonna be like what time on Sunday. Should I arrive early or end of shift? They were like, just come on Sunday, Okay, I left, I came back on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Bag was cold.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: They were like because it had been there for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: They were like, somebody came in that same Friday after you left and picked it up.
Speaker 2: That's sucked up was the salesperson. Black was a black dude like may boo, I need you to hold this just like you know what I mean? Or yag gag.
Speaker 1: You can't always trust those salespeople because they be getting stuff for themselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the price was gonna go down on Sunday to fifty percent off. Somebody bought it for the two hundred on Friday. That's what he told you said there two days later.
Speaker 2: That's what he told you. What is the truth?
Speaker 1: They be putting stuff they listen, they'll they'll have things out and I'm like, oh, let me check. They're like, oh, we're not going to put these on the floor yet because they gonna rummage through the ship. And I'm like, but there's no, wait a minute, I want to look through this thing. No, no, no, we didn't put no tags. We haven't put no priced. It had been there for a couple of weeks. They are because they know, because they skim off the they skim off the top, and then they don't accept, they don't accept things. Every time I go there, they always got an attitude, well that's not really in season. And then I have to pull something from the raging buller. This, this dish rag is in season. This terrible, this terrible gud sir. They're like, yeah, that's more by Mark Jacob.
Speaker 2: No it's not. It's not Marky Mark. That's Elizabeth, Elizabeth.
Speaker 1: And James Jimmy shoes. They said no to my Jimmy shoes. They were like, yeah, that's not feel like, yeah, well we're looking for Maxine water shoes right now, they said, Elizabeth Warren.
Speaker 2: They said it's a peeptoe and peep is not it? Oh my god, we need that.
Speaker 1: They drag They dragged me edwards edwards, They dragged me a Buffalo Exchange and I was like, I almost will not come back here, But then you do you need a jacket?
Speaker 2: Okay? Will they be size conscious for me? Yeah? Check your privilege. I'm trying to say it's conscious for me. I'm sitting here with the fit and the fitter. So what's your what's your size?
Speaker 4: I am not going to say on this podcast now I'm right now. I'm forty six in the pan qax, in the shirt. I can put on an extra.
Speaker 2: Large and you know you look lar You're very confident, thick with two seas Rihanna Thick. Those are the no matter where you're coming from.
Speaker 4: If you're coming from you know what I mean, from a heavier size to below, or if coming from a smaller ice.
Speaker 2: To above, we're all trying to meet at Rihanna thickness. Yes, the mold. Don't think that.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do that, really, Marie, if I put on that much weight, I would look like a little beach ball.
Speaker 2: Oh how tall are you like? I'm four on a tall day. Yeah, me too. But I feel like I have to gain like a cool I don't know, sixty pounds.
Speaker 1: But I see Marie as athletic built. I always seen her fish, even if she guessed leisure.
Speaker 4: She is.
Speaker 2: She is my Ciarra darkfish.
Speaker 1: She's my Ciara and I feel like if she gained maybe five more pounds, she could get into Rihanna Thick without being Rihanna for.
Speaker 4: Yourself, finding it for yourself and like me just like Okay. So I had an audition for a show of it in the bathroom. They had a scale, Bitch, in the classroom. They had a glass scale in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Wait, what did you get on it? You know, not all scales can weigh me, so it was more of a test to the scale.
Speaker 4: I was like, I was like this all loose sight, expensive glass, aass scale and it was it was in an office that we all been into, like they had the money, and I was like, I think that the scale, though made of literally the glass ceiling, could support me.
Speaker 2: And so you got as a man. Yeah, and in Tims, I got on it, and bitch, I was I was disrespect It was like a sketch thing. So I was like, if I break the scale. I broke the scale.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm walking into the room being like, oh my god, you will never believe what happened. I broke the scale on it and it showed me peak weight, and I was like, okay, I'm gonna just like be conscious of.
Speaker 1: This that I mean also you had on Tims, so be aware of that's like fifty pounds myself because you you are size ten.
Speaker 4: I was seamless every day. Honey, Seamless will troll you. If you have coin, Seamless will send you an email every day, like if you are on a roll, they enable you.
Speaker 2: Do you want they want money? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And so like through my privilege of like having a liveable wage in New York City, for the first time this year, I was able to finally like meet my limits.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh wait, I'm full throw that away. Stop eating, bitch, you know what I mean for the first time because I was called you know what, you know what? That's called growth upbreakthrough. Oh okay. I was going to say growth, but you said breakfruit.
Speaker 4: Breakthrough yeah, breakfruit, yeah, fru Okay, but that's CIS.
Speaker 2: Though, that's queer cis. You can say some ship like that queer adjacent. I would also have said that. So what was the audition for?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm not talking about that, but I'm talking about the scale and being thick and my size forty six.
Speaker 2: What do you normally what do you normally go out for when you do audition for things?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Girl, you know what it is. It's either gay assist and are coming in. I'm like checking in on the White Woman. I'm checking in on Amma Stone, like we just like we look to see who it is because that determines how tall I say I am in the audition, because I'm like, if Emma Stone's five eighth, then I'm five nine, you know what I mean? You know, And it's like if it's and happening, and I'm like, I'm not a going opposite and right now because she's a little bit older, a lot a bit older.
Speaker 2: Drag her through.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no, wait no, when you do these auditions, do you code switch or they already?
Speaker 2: But the team knows that I like that I am from Baltimore and that, you know what I mean. I feel like they want to tap it too, that I.
Speaker 1: Have the outfit for you know what I mean? You have the uniform you had on TIS at this auction, so it must have been for some movie. Sometimes we check up how tall Kiky Palmer is too, see how.
Speaker 2: Tall is you know what I mean? Kiky Palmer is working, She's out here, but I feel like she's.
Speaker 1: Working, but she's also doing a lot of disservice to herself. I feel like she's doing a lot of talking on social media and doing too much. Yeah, I feel like I like a lot of my stars silent. I do, and then when I see them on social I like them mysterious. Like Amber Rose. Right when she was with Kanye West, it was like, oh, she's kind of mysterious. She got some sunglasses on, some American appower of leggings.
Speaker 2: She's dope. And then I heard her talk like I heard her speak and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, I met her in person, It's like, well, I don't really know why, you know, like baby Bash and like all of them, and it's like, that's not actually how you she coad switches.
Speaker 2: Let me tell her.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she I don't know if she really cold switched. When I first met her, she was at she was at my job and there was a big party for Kanye West, and she came up to me and she was like, I want mo aed nectar. And I was like, do you see there's a basquayacht on the wall. We don't have mo at nectar here. What's Oh, that is one of the hoodiest champagnes ever.
Speaker 2: In nature Natar. It's bubbling capri son. That's but that doesn't mean that she's not cold switching. She doesn't.
Speaker 3: She at that point wasn't used to like nights stuff, or maybe one of the niggas that she was with was like, I want some mot nectar, was her.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go ask for it, daddy, Yes, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Go act at and then she was like, can y'all play more Kanye?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to ask a X. I'd be like a k s my regionalism. I'm Baltimore, so ask I can't do it? Can I ask ask? Can I ask? How I have? Thank you so much? Okay? But how do you feel about people who called switch the other way? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like people who like like instead, like you speak to your dad how you speak to your dad, and then you speak to us how you speak to us because that's how you talk. But how about people like an Amber Rose or like a Miley Siren.
Speaker 2: Accused of this as well? I think people, do you really? I feel like she's pretty consistent.
Speaker 1: She got that kindergarten reading level speak very speak, she's very dery bodygua college barely. She's a phoenix phoenix dialect. Yeah, but she's very honest to it. And whenever she writes, she speaks like she writes and I mean, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Miley might not be authentic. Miley definitely was not for that year and a half. She was just like when she stopped doing the country and started doing the the rats, her bangers with.
Speaker 2: Her Pink remember Pink did You Go Pitiful?
Speaker 1: But I liked that song and she said that that's not the direction that she wanted to go with her music, but that was her people were You're more R and B than what she wanted to do.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what they do with them.
Speaker 1: They bring them in like that because they know that they'll have some kind of like cool factor and then they can do the punk and whatever they want to do later on, which I'm not on. I'm not on that type of like code switching where you get in with one group because you know we're gonna bye bye bye bye bye, and then you slide on over to the side you really want to be on.
Speaker 3: It's just interesting that they make they made her do that, because it's like, it's not like black people necessarily were like going out and buy a Pink album.
Speaker 1: No, Christina Aguilera, her too. Well, all the white pop stars go through that faith good Girls or good Mickey Mouse Kids phase. One, and then they're like they rebel and they're like homes and like bitches, ye yeah, breakout. Katy Perry's going through Parry. And then they got to go level three because.
Speaker 4: Then she did that album Prism with like she was like, there's a song about God on and she tried to transcend.
Speaker 2: Well because she was a gospel singer at first.
Speaker 3: What she's doing like folk gospel, something like original Katy Perry was like church music.
Speaker 2: And then can they thank you?
Speaker 1: And then they have to go to the hospital for exhaustion exhaustion and then they get into the music that they really were meant to do.
Speaker 2: Truly, I think that no, I think that that speaks to how we consume celebrity.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 4: You have to break before we allow you to be yourself. So like in order to introduced, you have to be perfect.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? But you don't. But I get what you're saying. Celebrity.
Speaker 4: Going back to Judy Garland, fucking destroyed woman, you know what I mean. By the end, she was like living something authentic, but it was so used up. I just can't from that gay show.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, guard I know, is that somewhere over the rainbow yes, that is, But I'm just talking about like it's been happening like celebrity, Like we just started figuring out how to fix celebrity, you know what I mean, Like Michael Jackson died, Beyonce will live because she's looking back being like.
Speaker 2: But she will live.
Speaker 3: Say is still in phase one of her of celebrity. I'm going to say too, I'm gonna say she's still so perfect and she has not. She hasn't gone through that publicly, that phase.
Speaker 2: Of like, I don't know, I disagree on that on this to jay Z. To me, that was like everyone was like there's an age gap there, very big age gap.
Speaker 4: But think back when they announced it, you were like they were dating because they were dating for years and she was youngish. But then it was also like, you know what I mean, a very royal pairing. It was like, let me put this royal man with this royal princess.
Speaker 1: I feel like she went to phase two when she did Sasha Fears because she was like doing.
Speaker 2: A dissolved phase two. It was like one phase one point five.
Speaker 1: I'm like, listen, Beyonce's ever gonna do drugs. She's never gonna be a gonna.
Speaker 2: Do drugs in front of us, But we don't know what Beyonce does. I'm gonna tell you no, I look at her. She is not a drug person. I can see she's very her body like that I'm saying, like she.
Speaker 3: She never went like Sasha Fears was like a boop like it was like she was like she didn't even claim ownership of that. She was like, oh, I become Sasha Fears when I'm most stage and I perform, and it was like okay, okay, well.
Speaker 1: Then I'll feel like then her face too, was lemonade, because that was her actually like speaking, being more vocal, being moreastic.
Speaker 2: That was that was a defiant black voice. Yeah, which she hadn't been in a minute, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like she was very much like Diana Ross two point yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's always been Diana Ross two point oh always.
Speaker 2: Then she started to be a little, you know, a little.
Speaker 4: She tried to had the black album cover and like the Midnight released a little bit a little for her. She's Beyonce has had no trauma in her life. The worst thing that's happened to Beyonce is when those bitches said, give us more time, and she said.
Speaker 2: Your dad does not manage us. She excuse them. The hardest thing she's done is Endurham Michelle, Wait a minute, that's the only trauma. That is the hardest thing they had to do.
Speaker 4: Middle class household, like literally like a loving supportive But she's always had edges, always had edges.
Speaker 2: I feel like the dead. The dead cheated a couple of times that my dad didn't cheat because my mother is terrified.
Speaker 1: My dad has five children by as many different women. I mean, just being I had my idea of manhood is so conflict. That's why I can't get one for myself. I'm like, how do I even behave with the man code switch?
Speaker 2: But I think that's I think that's rude.
Speaker 1: To hasn't gone through anything. I mean, to be like that on all the time is exhausting. And we're not saying that she's not tired. I would be tired too, but that in itself Beyonce and I had reached that level of like fame and notoriety.
Speaker 2: I would switch to the.
Speaker 1: Day.
Speaker 4: It's so it's it's like I we like, honestly like watching performers on Broadway, like a six hour rehearsal day and like a performance, like the body can do it.
Speaker 1: Like she is such a champion of upkeep and of perfection. That's how we know that don't do That's how you know.
Speaker 2: But she's so consistent.
Speaker 1: She's been built like as from when she was a child to be who she is right now exactly. But that's so that's why we're saying she hasn't had Also just switch.
Speaker 2: She's always texted she's I'm mad. No, she put her house in my bed. Pushing her music sometimes, yeah she does.
Speaker 1: She'll turn it up a little bit, like she'll throw like, what's the I took the top off the may bag.
Speaker 2: She'll she'll come on and yeah, she'll do a little rap or whatever. Look at these niggas and you're like.
Speaker 4: Just saying, she took me out of here, say bitch, And I was like, she said, yeah, I feel like the person I was like the face. It was the first time we can probably clock the first time she said bitch, clearly without Destiny's children behind her.
Speaker 2: Support. And when she was like bitch.
Speaker 1: But wait, you guys said, the hardest thing she had to do is endure Michelle.
Speaker 2: What's that about? I feel like her?
Speaker 3: That's like it's not hard to endure somebody, but that's like the most difficult things don't exactly it's.
Speaker 2: Not meant would be hard.
Speaker 4: But I will say that for someone as perfectionist as Beyonce, like like when a light is wrong, she knows, so like when Michelle stumbles.
Speaker 2: Like she absolutely does.
Speaker 1: But I feel like all that that Michelle thing was a was a power play. They needed somebody like Michelle and the group to show you the difference between like I am Beyonce and then there's Michelle. Nah.
Speaker 2: They didn't need that, though they had to do in a group.
Speaker 1: I think they had gotten tired of They had run through all the potential members of the group and.
Speaker 2: It was like, well we can't, can't too. Kelly's is born.
Speaker 1: Though you need a Michelle, You need somebody to give the group something interesting show.
Speaker 4: It was a great package. I will say she was at the time that they elected as children. She went through the primary. She made it through.
Speaker 2: Because she has a because Ohio came out and voted.
Speaker 4: She has a great voice, singing voice. Finn as a funck can like slip into those houses of Darian.
Speaker 2: It's so quick. Yeah, but she looks but she looks crazy and all of the looks.
Speaker 1: Though she does she you will also tell that the stitching is wrong on her because day you could tell that Tina didn't do hers all the.
Speaker 3: Way right, because they they're like, well, let's just put some pins in it and put some ta got.
Speaker 1: To hers and was just take the side they don't put some double side of tape. Yeah, they're like, this was supposed to be Beyonce. Yeah, we don't have time to resize Michelle. And it's easy because we could just rip it off when we get to the next next look, just rip.
Speaker 4: It off the flunder. Also, Michelle is a woman of God, so she of the Lord. Yeah, oh my god, coach, what you happens in church all the time? The pastor will go be like suddenly become Shakespearean, like you know what I mean, King James, and suddenly the global by.
Speaker 1: Fine woman thou Art, and then you see a matter of church and he's like, all right, we'll.
Speaker 2: Go to the barber base. Every Negaan church is gay. Tear it down.
Speaker 1: You say that on the from the root and they're not listening to this youth group. I'm telling to the people, Okay, we know I know who the listeners are. I talk to them in my d MS regularly.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of Yeah, like what's the percentage of people you think in church that are gay men?
Speaker 2: Well, I think we know that. Like everyone is like like the choir director. Everyone in the world has like a kinsey a little.
Speaker 4: Bit of a little but like seventy three percent kinzy five and higher of the men sixty percent. Because the church is about softness, and like the church is like the soft alternative to the prison system.
Speaker 2: Like you're taking it there. I live it every day, honey. I walk down the street. They're telling me who I am? Okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And you're tall and you have like a big presence and you're confident and here.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, oh, yeah, I'm black. I was like, I am not like really a writer. I'm like just a black person to these people. So like to save me, like my mom put me in the church. But like everyone was gay, but like was.
Speaker 2: Not acknowledging gayness. It was like so hard. Yeah, it was really really hard.
Speaker 4: And then there was like the damning of it, you know what I mean, Just like Kimbrell Ass is still like like on Facebook like saying just utter tras, like the women that are like love Jesus.
Speaker 2: Literally like love everybody, and you were spending time with vitriol.
Speaker 1: It goes in, but it is weird that you see everybody's like, oh, like hoods, they'll have every church on like every other corner.
Speaker 2: It's like, but we're still doing so bad.
Speaker 1: You believe in God so much, but there's so much peril going on, and you're just not realizing, like maybe you need more than just church. You need a therapist, Yes you do, you need to talk it out, m walk or medication, medicaid you dah, I don't think I need any of those things.
Speaker 2: Clean foods, clean foods, I eat clean.
Speaker 3: That's great, But honestly, I feel like if it went like if medicaid paid for therapy, I would probably go see a therapist just es just to talk to somebody about And then watching.
Speaker 4: Three months you're like, oh my god, bitch, I'm doing this this distance and we're like, oh you start therapy, You're like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, few months ago.
Speaker 4: People don't even realize it. Then they get into that thing and literally you don't understand that.
Speaker 1: Gradually, week after week, this you are holding every single thing. You were five and you fell off that bike and you came back and you show Mama you're bruised up me and she was like she was pissed.
Speaker 2: She was not. She didn't hug you. And you're holding that somewhere because you still remember that ship. Let it go, damn Mary. Is that what we're dealing with?
Speaker 4: Switching with the topic, which we vacillate between three and comedic.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I scream and then sometimes I'm like I'm dropped in. I'm like, yeah, bitch ash And that's why I'm drawn to you.
Speaker 1: I'm still drawnk to you because you can do it all, and it's so necessary to have all of that in a person, because sometimes you just get one one layer and it's just like, Okay, I'm bored.
Speaker 2: I can't talk to you else? Is there? Yes? I certainly so. I've just did everyone get the co Star app, the astrology app. No, you don't do that. We don't have enough storage on our phone.
Speaker 4: For well well to the listeners out there, get the Costar app and then put your dates in. I found out that I'm SAGITTARYU is rising, but all my moons are cancer.
Speaker 2: So that explains why I don't know what any of that. I don't care about any of this astrology. So you see on stage.
Speaker 4: Podcast and the cancer is a person sitting inside of your studio right now.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's the same Okay, it feels like the same thing astrology. Well, when's your birthday? To know that? Twenty five? Okay, I don't know what I Yeah, I don't know what that means. So you're sad when you're born September twenty third. Okay, I think that's a virgo. I'm a libra vero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the virgo. I met Marie as a virgo, but she has like libra attended.
Speaker 2: Does that even mean? Since you don't even know what a virgo? Virgo?
Speaker 1: I feel like you're very dominating. It's all about you. Wow, it's all about you. Libra is the light side of you. Like I feel like this year, Marie, you've gotten to be a little bit more sensitive and more open and it's your year.
Speaker 3: Yes, because I'm a Satittarius moon riser. Yeah, I'm aimini.
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, you're You're like you're like a Mouet nectar with like a splash of domb but'll what you two.
Speaker 2: Don't know is that I live to be dominated by black women.
Speaker 4: So this is perfectimilating draft of my astrology.
Speaker 2: Makes me feel at home with my five sisters. Yeah, well five of those bitches, but not my actual home.
Speaker 4: Remember it's that you know, Baltimore family, that's a Baltimore nuclear family, and nuclear family anywhere else is like mom dad three, it's one house.
Speaker 2: A Bulti nuclear.
Speaker 1: Family is one dad, five women, six houses.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and yeah, all the sisters would hang out. You guys would all hang out. Yeah, we know, we're good. We're all cool and like we like we don't do know like half blah blah blah. We're like, yeah, we're fam.
Speaker 1: I love that and I think that's so necessary. And every time I meet some some people that I really really enjoy, they're very connected with their family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't say very. I went to boarding school school. Let's get into lich. That's where it started. That's where it started.
Speaker 4: I was always myself, but like where I was able to like not be judged. I was and was like oreo just because I was like I like to read books. So let's talk about boarding school. Yeah, boarding school, I was, well, it sounds expensive what do your parents do?
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 2: My dad is a custodian for this postal service. My mom was like riding around in the.
Speaker 4: Car financial aide, do you have financial full scholarship. I got hundreds and thousands of racks on this education of this bring. I know I could tell were thirty five k like for like year high school, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay for high school per year, and then it rose by the time I left, it was like thirty eight for just Larry. Yeah, I'm just Illemerance. It's it's you're using it. Well, you're using it.
Speaker 1: You know what you are?
Speaker 4: You know. I did not go to formal college, but ended up writing for a show all about college bitch.
Speaker 2: Okay your mother.
Speaker 4: Educational system that's c debo trash ass, white ass bullshit ass looked like a fucking jack o' dingo kangaroo assid blocks ass, trash wig education system failing the black children.
Speaker 2: I will fuck you up your ass up by the root and the court. Because the devil is a lie.
Speaker 1: It's three times yes, he is different.
Speaker 2: The layers that you gave to us.
Speaker 1: I'm overwhelmed, but I'm like, wow, I got you me too. The hair, I mean I shaved the hair that's on my arm. But I still feel like coming out you shave the hair in that. Okay, so.
Speaker 2: So much, so much. I genuinely adore you so much. Okay, we know we're going We're gonna go beyond.
Speaker 1: I have a couple of questions, So, how are you with with the comedy. How are you feeling people accepting you in the industry, giving you your your just do the because you are incredible on stage. You are so talented, you have charisma, everything that you would want in a performer.
Speaker 2: You give that.
Speaker 1: Are you feeling like they're giving you what you deserve? Are you getting the chances that you should be getting? A long ass questions, I'm catching my breath. Honestly, I was like, talk bitch.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll never put a period in it. I'll never give a question mark. Okay.
Speaker 4: The thing is is that like being that little like isolated, like fat black gay kid in Baltimore who I couldn't play ball, like, wasn't chasing girls, like, wasn't even accepted in the church. They wouldn't let me sing in the church, honey, because singing black church bitch, you gotta be Jennifer Hudson.
Speaker 2: Plus you know what I mean. That's where Jennifer learned to sing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So like I was accepted nowhere, and even I went to boarding school and there was like fucking rich, one percent white bitches. Yeah, and like you know in southern environment racist Confederates, but like money racist anyway.
Speaker 1: So where was the boarding school with Alexandria Virginia right outside of DC, but all the kids came from Texas are you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: They had everybody anyway.
Speaker 4: So just being on the scene is like I feel accepted, like just like beautiful like brown women, queer people.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 2: I'm of size and of color, honey, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And it's just like, oh wait, if I like just tell the truth on stage like I was in my acting, you know what I mean, or in my like writing or even am I just like relation and ships with people, people respond to that. And so I did my first hour show.
Speaker 1: So I started doing comedy in September and this past September twenty timestamp.
Speaker 2: In my first sets, Peter Smith had me on their show The Duplex, and I was like, I think I can do this, and if Peter sees something in you, that is something.
Speaker 4: Literally I was I was chasing Peter all summer. I would show up with the Duplex for Trump's Jubilee.
Speaker 2: Their thing like every month, and I was just blown away. I was like, I did not know that there was this much freedom. Yes, Peter, the power they give Peter, give oh the look and just like the spirit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so they invited me in and the culture reasedas I like ended up at the Duplex like in like December twenty sixteen, and everybody was there, Henry Bowen and it was just like a blissful time of like singing and magic. But then they also like Trump has just been elected. You need to fucking do something. And I was like, oh, find your girl that can do both. And so like being allowed to be on stage with everyone, I was, I'm like honored. I'm like I've been chasing like you guys, and like now I get to play. And I did an hour long set in Canada in May.
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 2: And my favorite part was at the end of the show.
Speaker 4: There was a family and like it was a like mom, dad, seventeen year old and maybe like fourteen or like fifteen, and they all loved the show.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I'm a fucking black man from America and like you know what I mean, doing songs and wigs and like, and also talking about like Toronto in Toronto, Yeah, like the ASPA and stuff, and like they were with me and they got it and they were like black people in Canada coming out and like you know what I mean, that is unbelievable. I feel like they're more accepting there though. Just to be honest, especially with the comedy, I just feel like they come to learn to laugh, they're listening. This is how I feel about comedy or any type of performing. When you're honest, people can tell when you're being genuine, right, Like if you were up there you were pretending to be somebody that you weren't like they, it would be harder for you to connect with these people. But to be able to connect with like the kids and the parents, Yes, that was the gag for me.
Speaker 4: I was like you know what I mean, like they were but they were living for it, you know what I mean, just like oh, oh, just people up in the world.
Speaker 2: Like that's fear. So how did you do with the white women in boarding school?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I'm like fodder for them, you know what I mean. So, like I like have like a use for them, Like there's cultural currency. I have so much to give, you know what I mean, Like I can you are valued. Yeah yeah, So like I had valued, but like not friendship wise. So like I like had like a great use in the school, and I like knew everybody's name. But you know, at the end of every year, you have to pair off and like choose a roommate, like and like what dorm you live in, And it's a big you know, Harry Potter type process sorting house, you know what I mean. So it's like if you don't have like a best friend to live with that next year, the whole school knows.
Speaker 2: You know, you have to get a single room. I had a single room, but I would want a single room. Not in the microcosm, not in high school. Bitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want you on that white campus. You want to be latched up with Sydney walking around doing everything. One's like they're Sydney and Marie. Yeah, and you know, you know flick and frack, you know what I mean. So it was but then I was also like the National Symphony would come in and serenade me. They would be like, here's a private audience with the National Symphony here is like a black box like that you can go in and sing it at.
Speaker 2: Any time, you know what I mean? I wasn't in my like railroad house in Baltimore. It was a railroad style. You have honey passing through my sister's bathroom, my sister's bedroom. Ship. M You've had a life, Larry, you definitely lived.
Speaker 1: You had a life, and your story is very lived, intriguing, and I just I love that you're I'm like, damn, I could listen to you speak for a minute.
Speaker 2: Switch, where's gonna keep bouncing it back? We dropped into drama and now where are we? Is there a thriller in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Romance. Let's jump into your So what is it like with you? What kind of men are you attracted to? I am attracted to all things. So you're pant sexual. He's a money I'm not Janelle Monee.
Speaker 4: But like I like, we're fuse to like isolate in like a Hollywood way, like who should I should live my life with?
Speaker 2: Like you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: This is not a casting breakdown, Like I want a spirit and like a vitality, like you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I mean, I also want to wallet attached to that in like a solid dick. So like, can you tell me what this person this spirit looks like?
Speaker 2: Wallet and solid dick are not priorities right now?
Speaker 1: I thought that. I thought that was in my list, a wallet and solid dick, solid dick. For a minute, I mean that's what I grew up with bags, That's what I thought I was.
Speaker 2: Going to be with you. No, I feel confident that I can be the bag, and well then be the bag. The goal is for everybody in here too. I want to have my own.
Speaker 1: Let's be the bag. Are the So just bring me vitality and a good spirit? So like young something like, don't young? You said vitality, I don't think old people are really So you.
Speaker 2: Don't care what color, honey, don't care what color. You don't care what color, I don't care what size, Like I'm not. I am the elevated person that I want the world to be.
Speaker 4: If I'm expecting everyone to receive me as a like sexily, as a queer person of size and color, I can't classify something else as not sexy.
Speaker 2: I can only say that things that.
Speaker 1: I know, you know, I wish, I wish more men had that outlook. Because the men that have all these standards and they have no teeth, they don't have a house, and I want to blush them, but it's like, look at you. I can't even look at your face. You need a bag over your whole body?
Speaker 2: How daring? Like body bag?
Speaker 1: Dare you right underneath a woman's Instagram and be like yeah you could, you could lose some weight?
Speaker 2: What you could? You troll?
Speaker 1: I could block you and report you with you fucking troll in a Sperry?
Speaker 2: How dare you not? The top siders? Literally clear's some black man trauma.
Speaker 4: I literally would spend like seven dollars on a shirt with like a little like alligator or like Polo man on it, thinking that like if if, like if anything, I was shaky with the police, he would see that I was code switched in preppy and would let.
Speaker 2: My black ass go. Instead of just like a cap right through.
Speaker 1: My pa shooting everybody else'll shoot you right through the alligator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my alligator. They won't think twice about it.
Speaker 4: It will not think twice. And like I was always wrestling with that. I was like, I'm trying to be this person that like we're like I'm supposed to be, but to be as well, Like it's like fucked up black in America, I will white people. That's why I've been on the scene for I guess it's been six or seven mos. Now, Okay, I won't actually won't do it.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 4: I just want to encourage our storytellers out there to just be really specific in their stories and understand that like the more specific their stories are, the greater truth there is.
Speaker 2: This is a read, but I'm gonna try to keep it deep diplomatic.
Speaker 1: Okay, why why keep it diplomatic space? This is do you had a ship that we say stuff that Maurica Patreon? No, Patreon, go ahead and do your ted talks is.
Speaker 2: No, No, y'all got it. I mean I'm in I'm in good hands. I'm in a good room. So I don't talk about you could speak.
Speaker 1: About it because black women in the game we already we have our complaints about We were just talking about how we shot something recently and the makeup artist was tragic and then the lighting.
Speaker 2: The lighting was tragic like that, like how you got two black women on set and.
Speaker 6: The and you can as the stars no non as talents, as as as lead as Lee talent on the call sheet and you do not have the infrastructure to make you both shine and you built.
Speaker 3: There was a whole crewl of people there doing the sound doing like they were people.
Speaker 2: How could you not see that?
Speaker 1: You could not see us, Yes, you could hear us, but you can't see the best in like you're not putting us at the best as we should. Like my highlighter on top of my cheek bone and then you can see the rest of my face.
Speaker 2: Baby girl.
Speaker 1: I was like, what is it?
Speaker 4: But you know what, you know what I feel like all these artists, black lighting, designer, inclusion writer, U the curriculum, the lighting curriculum at all of these colleges and universities that they're graduating from, like black people.
Speaker 2: Well, I was where was that?
Speaker 1: The other day?
Speaker 2: I said, can I get that Oprah Winfrey light?
Speaker 3: Because Oprah light always looked good on the set of them.
Speaker 2: That's very bright, it's very bright, blown out into throw some vassiline on the lens or something. Make it suzy. Work with me.
Speaker 1: But I also know that where we are in our careers, we got to take a lot of gigs that it's not gonna be that great.
Speaker 2: They're gonna the lighting is not gonna be the makeup.
Speaker 1: And then when we get but when we get enough where we have our own ship, we know not to make those mistakes.
Speaker 4: But that is why, that's why he's so much on the Foster Black talent. Why can't you have been great with that opportunity last week? Yes, I'm done waiting for the Sydney and Marie show on television. I love your voices, I love your story, but you're not getting coined from that the bank account. Why could have been great last week with your hot set that you had to have booked and been prepared for to show up to do right?
Speaker 1: But I was lighting that lighting, using the barn, passing the buck.
Speaker 2: We already know, we're already we're.
Speaker 4: Also will work with anyone, and I will take trash lighting because I have a voice.
Speaker 2: I am a voice me. I do music primarily, so exact listening because you know my fat ass however.
Speaker 1: You want, because I'm so big in the frame that it counteracts.
Speaker 2: They are listening to beautiful women. So I'm advocating for beauty here and for myself. I would like to be on site. You know what that word beauty, that's thrown around.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it frustrates me because sometimes when they hit us with the beautiful, don't act like we're not fucking talented. Don't act like we don't bring it, that we're not funny, that we don't work hard, that we're out every fucking night, we're with everybody everything.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I'll take the beautiful and just give me the beautiful. No, I don't, And here's my invoice for the beautiful.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No, we're gonna be somewhere in the middle. I don't take that. We won't lead with beautiful. But you know what, the people are gonna talk. My talent was getting me into the room, and I just happened to be attractive. That's a bonus, said he was like, he was like, it's going on going on in the fact in the beautiful people threw in the f because I think that he's trash.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure that he says some backward sideway ship when no one's looking all the time, just like a white person.
Speaker 2: It's going to the beautiful people in the in the gaze, and you know what, as well it should.
Speaker 4: Luthor Van Draws couldn't be gay and so Richard pryor couldn't no Brando ass like.
Speaker 2: I mean he did, he just wasn't telling us exactly. So let the people be gay. It's not like gay people are new, It's not.
Speaker 4: That's not like I'm looking on I'm like, oh my god, here's a diverse narrative for a gay person.
Speaker 2: It's still chiseled white men, chiseled black.
Speaker 4: Men with like a more frequency now, but like yeah, like I am I going to find a travante.
Speaker 2: Rhads like Trevante roads too nice? A freak you up and down Javante roads, Laurence. Why would you like to leave our listeners with you today?
Speaker 1: Like if you could wrap all of this up in a neat little bow, what would that boat.
Speaker 2: Or the cherry on top of it? Is the advice that you would give to the children? You have some some words. I would say this, no, prish no, I would say this to everyone listening right now.
Speaker 4: Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and check my website Larry Owens Live. All platforms l o OL, Larry Owens Live. It's easy to remember. Follow me, bitch, Yeah, come to the.
Speaker 2: Show, Larry. What are your plans for the summer? What are your goals for the summer.
Speaker 4: You know, we're developing some projects. We have our hands in a lot of different places. I just canceled this blowout at Joe's speak that right now.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 4: I was going to be living at Joe's Pub at the Public Theater for all of Pride Month, literally is going to be up in that building. But we're working in different mediums now. Sure, So that's what I'm going to be doing, and I'll be hitting the lineups. I'm still around, and I'm excited to like do comedy in the city. I can't believe my first one started, my first summer in the city.
Speaker 1: But that's how powerful you are, Larry. That's how you were singing with Luanne, singing with.
Speaker 2: New York House. Yeah, yeah, we got some more dates with Luanne. If you have to, you got to follow the social media. I'll be posting.
Speaker 4: And she paid you properly, lar girl. Let me tell you, Lun paid me before I stepped on stage.
Speaker 2: And how it shu with a note?
Speaker 4: Baby, It was not in her handwriting. I know, I swear, but let me say that. And she was really lovely despite you know, just is problematic.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, probably very problematic.
Speaker 4: But watching her love you, lou Watching you talk to that police officer, I was like, if.
Speaker 2: My black ass had said one of those words. Oh, and she was drunk and she's in the back seat and she just slurring. But she's tall. She's a tall woman. The police, that's.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's a tall woman in her haircut. They were probably you know what.
Speaker 2: Honestly, she's talking about beautiful women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lou Anne, what's your who's your favorite housewife of all the franchises?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's like you got Beverly Hills you have. We don't do We don't do West coast white people. Yeah, I don't do that.
Speaker 1: We do East coast white people. Jersey c was on for a little while. Yeah, Miami was on for a moment.
Speaker 2: My god, I mean it's New York. My favorite is Candy.
Speaker 1: Candy is so good and consider and keeps it going and she like there's no extreme highs or extreme lows.
Speaker 2: She just like she gives you what you want. She's shady when she wants to be. She reads are we not missing? And her Missy we completely you know what I mean? She did too much. She's like a dumpter. She's like a funeral director. It's a good clean.
Speaker 4: Break with phedro. It was I didn't miss it, and it became performative. Honestly, I will say.
Speaker 2: Sleep hit.
Speaker 4: Like it was like, Yes, that is actually the frequency of a house life show. It's like desperation meets lack meet opportunity.
Speaker 1: She she she.
Speaker 2: Joggers, just joggers. When is it coming out? Spring spring? Yeah, my funeral. Can we talk about the chateau because we have some time? The thing is massive and I Bravo definitely paid for it.
Speaker 1: But it's like your kids are all gone and your boyfriends and wait, can we talk about her kids? The ages don't coincide with what they look like. I said, your kids look grown as fuck. Your son like, your son looks twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Bol that she fucked to have that house and make those children like that is a name Leviathan.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. I don't even know that. Once you look, that is that old big cat l E V I A T H A N. I'm so glad you went to the school. You went to.
Speaker 1: A sea monster identified in different passages with the whale and the crocodile and with the devil my.
Speaker 2: God, and then he had the nerve to hit her. He hit all. His name was Bob.
Speaker 1: His name was Bob, Yeah, Bob Whitfield or something that his big. Yeah, he did look like this because he didn't have no he didn't have no chin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 3: It went head to shoulders, he was. There was no neck there very truth. Truth, friend, Sidney, do your plans for the for the coming week.
Speaker 1: I mean, I plan to go to San Francisco killing secure whatever bags that are necessary. We're gonna do our show at Ludlow Unofficial Expert Live there in August.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a big deal. It's gonna be a It's gonna be a big deal. It's gonna be huge. It's gonna be huge.
Speaker 1: And if you try to play us out now, big mistakes, big mistakes.
Speaker 2: Huge.
Speaker 1: You went on commission, don't you big mistake. If you're not on this S and M train, you're gonna be walking.
Speaker 2: I mean, there are different types of trains. This is the one you should I'm perfectly good at it, says and Marie.
Speaker 1: Is thick and so follow me on Instagram Larry Owens Live. This has been incredible. Yes, I've had too much fun and we love you. You're you're all time.
Speaker 2: You're in the All Star always welcome here, Yes you are. When we do our All Star episodes, we're gonna have you come back. Yes we are. And please follow Larry and follow us.
Speaker 3: Larry Owens Live. Yes, please follow us over on Patreon. Well we got realty.
Speaker 2: Uh huh we name names. Bye bye