Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous Podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, welcome back to the Almost Famous podcast. It is Ashley and today I am joined by Jared.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Oh, are you so excited to be here?
Speaker 3: No, I'm very excited to be here. But it's just like my overall nature. I know, I'll talk about things here we go.
Speaker 2: Actually, let's start with that. Do you know how I get comments on Instagram being like Jared doesn't look very well, I'm I'm I'm happy, but I just have a I'm very people hold on, sorry, people would say that about my entire life, so you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: When I was on people would always say that's true.
Speaker 2: Like even on Bachelor, you were always like having that look off. Yeah, you were just looking stressed.
Speaker 3: I'm just very Henry cavill and Man of Steel, Like, you know, it's very neutral.
Speaker 2: So guys, if you see Jared on Instagram and he doesn't look like thrilled to be on my can't run, don't worry. That's just his arresting Jared face.
Speaker 3: Also, I feel like the majority of the pop relation to the human races like this, it's probably you know, It's like I get it. You're very you're authentic, and you're like very smiley, happy, go lucky type of personality. But I'm sure a lot of people just fake it on podcast. At least I'm not faking it.
Speaker 2: It's true. Okay, So, hi, Jared's here. We were thinking that we would talk about some stuff that you know, we have going on, and then we also are going to talk Bachelor headlines and a little bit of Jared's opinion on the new style of Bachelor and Paradise. He's really thrilled by it, actually, baby, I wish you had seen. So he doesn't follow follow listen. Jared only watches one show and that is Seinfeld. So and you guys, you don't even understand. He watches NERD movie Reviewers on YouTube, many hours of that and Seinfeld and that is it. I could never get him to watch five hours of Paradise every week. So but he watches in the background like as I'll have it on. And Jared's really good at watching things in the background. He picks up on stuff because you know, he is a movie analyst, so like anything that has to do with the screen he has an opinion on, even if it doesn't watch it like too intently, So I guess, like, let's start there. When you were watching in bed the other night with me, like you were taken aback by the stylized at it.
Speaker 3: I think my overall perspective on Paradise is that it's not it's not it's not Paradise anymore. It's not the same show, and that's done intentionally, and maybe that is for the best.
Speaker 2: I don't why would it be for the best. Most of the audience does not like this, according to polls that we've conducted that other fan accounts haven't conducted, and Tanner Delbert.
Speaker 3: I saw Tanner's pose because I also don't watch Love Island. I also don't watch a lot of these new dating shows that are crushing it. So perhaps Paradise and the Bachelor franchise does need to really change things up to try to move into this new wave and be more like these other dating shows. I don't know. All I can tell you is when I was watching Paradise with you the other night, it's very clearly not the same show, and it's done very intentionally that way. In terms of the way the cast is talking to the camera now straight on, it's much more it feels like they're trying to make it much cooler now with everybody, you know.
Speaker 2: Everybody's supposed to be so sexy, there's nothing clumsy about them. With the music Jill Jill brings a lot of realness to it.
Speaker 3: I miss just in terms of the the visuals, the slow motion, the camera work, the music. The show is not I hate saying this, the show is not very funny.
Speaker 2: No, actually, this is what I wish you saw. I was episode three because this is when the Goldens came in, and you and I were both not super keen on the Goldens coming in. They brought the old school Bachelor in Paradise humor and a big It was just so much more of a lighthearted episode. I told Ben, I was like, I don't know if like they slowed it down intentionally the edit or it just felt slower with the older people there, But it definitely Episode three felt more familiar to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think listen, as cast members of Paradise, we're all very lucky to be there, and as much like insecurities as I have, as everybody else does have, Like in terms of the general landscape of the world, we should be made fun of, you know, we've had. We had this opportunity to go on this beach and to date other people, and like nobody gets to do this. My point in saying that is like the show should make fun of us, Like they should show Ashley talking to a crab or whatever you were talking to.
Speaker 2: Like, oh raccoon. Oh no, I had the parrot, Claire had the recoon.
Speaker 3: That's right, and then like or like making me look stupid because I say something dumb or things of that nature, because it's funny, because we should be made fun of, because it's all in lightheartedness, because at the end of the day, we're so lucky, and I think a lot of the cast members know that, so I guess we'll watching it. They just try to make everybody look so cool, and I was like, I get it, They're already cool, Like I don't need you to try to emphasize that they're cooler than they.
Speaker 2: Already aready like in the ninety nine percentile of attractiveness.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean. Like I kind of missed the days even when we were on the show and the show was making fun of us, it was I liked it because it's just kind of like brings everybody back down to earth a little bit, and it's it's just funny and self deprecating, and there was a style to Old Paradise. Now, granted, perhaps there needs to be a change. Maybe this show is not made for us, and that's totally fine. It's really whatever's best for Paradise. And so my opinion is just that it's my opinion. It doesn't mean that it's the best or worst thing for the future of the franchise.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I want to just fill you in on what happened that you didn't see, which is when I started to be able to ignore the style and focus on the content. Was when Susie and Justin. You know, I've rooted on for Susy and Justin. They've had a very similar storyline to you and me. They'd be started out as friends, two wonderful people, and we both liked them very much, and then they came to Paradise as a broken up couple. There was a lot of feelings there and there was like a lot of love still there and it was fun to watch. Now what happened was I just I don't know, do you know what happened? Okay, So it's really making the internet buzz right now because Lexi was like kind of like she'd gone on a date with Justin. They definitely had shown interesting each other. They barely made it. I don't even know that they made out. Remember that scene that you saw where they were making out, because there was that game that made them make out. That was like their only kiss. So that shows you how serious they actually were. Not very in my opinion, not very. She had a lot of reservations about him because she thought he was too fresh out of a relationship to be there. So what happens is he feels so bad about Susie not getting picked, like Susie didn't get a rose that week, that he ends up, of course having the last rose to give out, and he gives the rose to Susie so she can continue there and he lives and she you know, he had the rose, and then Lexi had to go home, except for he was like, I'm going to give this to, you know, Susie, and then I'm going to excuse myself.
Speaker 3: That's yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: He leaves. Yeah, people are angry. Lots of people are angry at him for doing this, thinking that he led Lexi on. And I was like, I think it was clear that Lexi didn't want to be with him.
Speaker 3: Dude. I saw one scene with kissing booth and she said you didn't want to kiss.
Speaker 2: Her and she was like, this is so awkward, so not me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very clear that Lexi was not into Justin yah, which again totally fine. Don't give Justin.
Speaker 2: She's given him so much crap online, like.
Speaker 3: I could, I'm team Justin, I know.
Speaker 2: I was like, maybe it's just because like I know him more, I know him personally.
Speaker 3: Also, it's what's wrong with that move? There's nothing I don't think because maybe if Lexi was into.
Speaker 2: Justin, then he would have probably given it to her.
Speaker 3: Or why can't they just try to develop something off the show? Did he maybe talk to her about that, saying, hey, listen, I'm leaving as well. You know, I'd love to like see if this could happen away from Paradise.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that was so you in this situation that we can bring this back to Arcie's in a Paradise you were in not really a similar predicament. I wouldn't call that you were in a predicament at all. You were like, get the fuck out of here. Actually this is like, that's how I felt because I come in, you don't give me that rose though, way yeah right, okay, I know it's some sort of it's very similar. It's similar. I'm leading somewhere. Okay, so when I come in and Bachelor of Paradise three, I don't get a rose that first rose ceremony, and because you chose to give your rose to Kayla, it's okay, we don't have to talk about that. What happens is it was kind of a produced moment in which I was allowed to go down there and be like, hey, I uh, I really like, I'm not leaving. I'm not leaving. Basically it is exactly an it, and I was like, can you guys please like forgive me for being a hooligan. Well also like they had no options for me. They had like literally one single guy and that was what's the same from Canada, Daniel Daniel. Yeah, And then everybody was like, yeah, sure, that's fine. So basically Bette and I were being hypocrites yesterday because we're always like, oh, we don't want to see like produced moves, we don't want to see production and you know, fingerprints. But then when justin and Susie both get eliminated within and Susie's only on one episode. Susie Evans, the winner of Clayton season only gets one episode fan favorite. We were like, uh, we would like some production here. Can she please stay? How can we get her to stay? I thought she was saying, oh, I'm sorry, I didn't clarify this too. She she said, I can't accept.
Speaker 3: This, so she leaves, and she left. Dude. That's when, yeah, producers to be like, yo, you're going to accept it. Relax, you're staying. Sus I'm thinking that they did it. She seemed shocked when he offered her that rose. I think she wasn't prepared and that was just herse She wasn't prepared. But I bet no producer that now gonna think that she Yeah, she would be, she'd say no, especially after Justin said, hey, I'm going to leave. Why would she leave too? Justin's gone.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is, Justin didn't at the podium say that he was going to leave. It was when she rejected the rose that he said I'm going to leave. Because he had a milk down with Jesse in the room. So you're saying that's his biggest flaw.
Speaker 3: Well, this is it's kind of all stupid. Not the people involved obviously understand that there's a lot of motions, so they're going to make brass decisions.
Speaker 2: The problem is Justin was like, I'm going to eliminate you, Lexi, but I'm going to continue to stay here while giving a rose to my exe.
Speaker 3: I understand with one with one rose, with one rose not given out Lexi, Justin and Susie all we're allowed to go home? Yes, okay, so that seems a bit It's like, we don't want producers involved unless it's like extenuating circumstances, and this feels like an extenuating circumstance. Not all three of you guys can go home. We need, you know, either Susie or Justin to stay one of.
Speaker 2: You two one of the two of them for sure. Now, how much do we want to see the two of them interact more? Because their conversations in the episode were the ones that we were so drawn into. Of course, there's so much history they actually did, and Joe and Kendall were there, and you and I loved watching Joe.
Speaker 3: And Kendall there. Who didn't That's I mean, we watched the show for very real moments like that, and it doesn't get more real than that. Yeah, you know, the idea that Justin Susie were back together in Paradise after a lot of history together being best friends and then dating and then breaking up and then, you know, because as we both know, experiencing breakups, like when you break up with somebody, you're not just breaking up with them, but you're breaking up with everybody that you know, you became friends with. It's it's an awkward situation. So the idea of reuniting those two after so much history on the beach is very compelling. But I understand why one of them would have to go home. I think it was the healthiest thing for both of them. One of them goes home, and I think that one would have been Justin. Yeah, so I'm shocked that Susie is gone.
Speaker 2: Well, so, I mean, it's kind of funny. This podcast isn't meant to recap for somebody who hasn't seen it. But what's really interesting is I thought, oh, here comes the production move because Jeremy went on a date with Susie, but he ended up giving his rose to Bailey a day later. Bailey says yes to a date with Andrew Spencer, and you love Andrew Andrew and now when he when she does this, Jeremy calls. He calls Susie in the interview room and says, hey, I made a mistake. I want you to come back. And I was like, oh, this is the way in, this is the way to get Susie back, in to which she said, I'm at the airport. I don't I don't think it's good for me to come back.
Speaker 3: Well, I understand why Susie wouldn't come back. Yeah, why can't Andrew be the bachelor?
Speaker 2: He could be? Put it out there, yeah, and this so wonderful.
Speaker 3: It's like Dale is fine.
Speaker 2: You know who would make you happy to watch every week? Andrew with his jolly smile. It's adorable.
Speaker 3: He's just so endearing, so sweet. Yeah, why can't Andrew be the bachelor?
Speaker 2: You keep putting it out there. I think Dale doesn't seem like an option at all. All Dale has to me, it's a really pretty face. And he still to me comes across as like am I wrong? And say, I don't think he's a villain, but I think he's regarded as a bachelor villain. Yeah right, I mean I don't think he's a villain this person. I just think that he's not regarded as like somebody that like people would necessarily like.
Speaker 3: I think he's just very straight laced, which is not a batchel lace.
Speaker 2: No, I think I think about him.
Speaker 3: I've been watching I'm just seeing like.
Speaker 2: No, Jared, I'm just thinking about his history with Claire, Like I just feel like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's like what is he he's a model now model.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he does.
Speaker 3: I see him sometimes I'll like be perusing Amazon for like sports, and I'm like, is that Dale modeling this shirt on Amazon?
Speaker 2: Right now? It's not me having a It's just like I felt that Claire was played, I guess, And I'm always going to be a defender of Claire. Yeah, because he proposed her, right, Jared, they were together and they were talking bait.
Speaker 3: No, I remember that. But they didn't leave boyfriend girlfriend, they left engage. H Yeah, there's no shot Dale knew. There's no shot that Dale proposed that moment thinking like, oh, this is my wife. Okay, so that doesn't Claire is the best, you know what I mean? So I agree. I'm team Claire on that one, because it's like, bro, you knew, like there's no shot, no shot. Sorry, I don't believe you.
Speaker 2: So that's why I feel like Dale couldn't be Bachelor because there's just too much suspicion about there, you know, just too much suspicion around him.
Speaker 3: For me, well, it's for honestly, it's also whoever's gonna make the best TV? I mean, at the end of the day, of course, you want this to work. We all want this to work. But like you know, the most important thing is an entertaining product for the show, for your guy, for you guys, for everybody.
Speaker 2: So are we saying in this conversation that sometimes we feel like production does need to make moves to make great TV?
Speaker 3: Of course, I mean, who's naive enough to think that, like there'd be very little drama because it's one thing. Here's the thing, and it's it's natural. It's very natural for human beings when faced with conflict, to try to avoid it, just avoid it. Yeah, exactly, like we would walk away from scenarios if we face with that right now. But it's like, so if what we want to see just people walk away from each other and then like cooler heads prevail later on. I mean that doesn't sound very entertaining or do you want them? It's not like producers like tell people to say, but it's like, if you're forced to face that conflict, that is compelling stuff. Yeah, and if you're not forced to face it, then I mean, what do we watching.
Speaker 2: The way that I always describe Bachelor, especially Bachelor in Paradise, is that it's very much hunger games. Ask like you are you have your free will in the arena, but like there are people on the outside of the arena like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're sending jaguars exactly, sending.
Speaker 2: Things in Yeah, okay, well you know what, You're gonna be so jealous of that. I just want to like touch on you. They had this big ad integration for I know what you did last summer?
Speaker 3: I saw that do it and jessin Palmer do something together.
Speaker 2: Oh no, this is like was like integrated into Paradise.
Speaker 3: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, like in the mirror. And then like he went up to Welles and he was like, what did I do last summer? And then like he was like we weren't here.
Speaker 3: Did somebody say, what are you waiting?
Speaker 2: For No, I have to watch the original again before. I haven't. I've only seen it once and it was your nineties Ryan Philippi face yeah, great face, great face, great face, great face, and great face.
Speaker 3: Philipp is the man I know he did last summer cruel intentions. I wanted to name one of our sons Sebastian, I know.
Speaker 2: And I hate the name of Sebastian.
Speaker 3: Love the name Sebastian.
Speaker 2: You only love it the because of his role.
Speaker 3: Why do you love Dawson? No, I love the.
Speaker 2: Sound of Dawson.
Speaker 3: I love the sound of Sebastian.
Speaker 2: Yeah you do. I know only the sound of Sebastian. I think of the crab. That's like, you wouldn't let me name it. Well you didn't. You thought Dominic the donkey, and I think a Sebash and the crab. Okay, So did you hear about the money being involved. Yeah, we don't really know the money thing yet. There was teas at the end of episode one, but it hasn't been directly brought up again yet. So my thoughts is that it won't be brought up again until the end when it's time, you know, how like the week where it's like you either break up or you get engaged. I think now it's going to be you either break up, get engaged, or get half a million dollars. And we were joking and this is maybe like forget half million dollars if you break up. Yeah, I think that you have to. Yeah, I think you money. That's just with the speculation, Jared. It's the speculation.
Speaker 3: Use money every day and then you leave and then you get to the person like, hey, let's go out to a really nice dinner, dude.
Speaker 2: That's what I said. That's why this isn't even gonna make any sense. Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. So maybe it won't turn out to be that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I just I don't like. My gut reaction is I don't like the introduction of any type of financial prize in this show.
Speaker 2: It could be a big tease. There's so many false cheeses. There was like in my season of Bachelor, there was a pregnancy test that was in the cheezer that never got address.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's different than alluding to some sort of cash prize at the end of this. Yeah, it would be weird if they introduce that and never do anything with it. I'd be it would be weird. So I'm assuming money plays a role at some point. Maybe it has something to do with the Goldens, not the we that could be, not the younger cast, but that would make more Yeah, give them the money. Yeah that kind of I like that. Give them the money.
Speaker 2: Hmm. All right, they passed.
Speaker 3: Down to the grand kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds good. All right, well let's get into Bachelor Nation headlines. Sam McKinley and Allie Joe, who we both have seen already get eliminated from Bachelor in Paradise this season, are sparking romance rumors. During the time on the show, Sam went on a date with Jess we know it didn't work out, and Ali was like kind of talking to dyl and Jonathan and both Sam and Ali both went home. But this week Sam posted a story where you can see a woman's hand holding up a drink and showing off her bright red manicure. That manicure matches Allie Joe's and her instagram's story, in which she captioned keeping the main thing the main thing, which Sam is famous for saying on gen season, and to add fuel to these soft launch rumors before going on Bachelor in Paradise. Sam told Joe and Serena on Happy Hour the podcast that he wanted to see Ali Joe there, I would say, this is a thing.
Speaker 3: You know what all I can think about while you're reading the entire story, it's I I gotta get off social media. I got I gotta stay. I gotta spend more less time on this thing. Like I can't what are we even talking about? What is this?
Speaker 2: This makes perfect sense to me.
Speaker 3: Great, And obviously I'm coming on it from a different, whole different angle, and you are right. I am wrong. I am on the almost famous podcast, like.
Speaker 2: I think this is a this is a couple in the making.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, cool. Yeah, But it was just like one of those things like I was reading it or you were reading it. I was listening, and like you see a hand and then there's a real thing and then keep the main thing.
Speaker 2: We're doing online.
Speaker 3: I was like, what are we doing? What? What not? What are we doing? What am I doing? What am I doing? Anyway? Congratulations to the new company.
Speaker 2: Yes, get off social media and start watching more TV shows with me, please? All right, So Alex Cooper's new show Love Overboard has announced its host. We were speculating this last week because we saw Gabby Windley's whereabouts on social media and it was announced this week that she will be the host of Hulu's new dating show, produced by Alex Cooper's Unwell Productions. Love over Board is going to debut on Hulu in twenty twenty six and Disney Plus internationally. We have some friends working on the show as part of this family, and it makes sense to us as to why Gabby might have been picked to be the host of this show because one the people that we know producing this show have ties to Gabby because aka, she was the Bachelorette and then also her season on The Traders definitely like gave her a burst, Yeah, big boost, big boost. And she's good with gameplay. We know that, and so if this dating show has anything to do with well love and gameplay, she is a good choice. In the show, we're gonna see singles chase a possible love partner while sailing aboard a luxury yacht. The show synopsis says this, As the journey unfolds, romance ignites, alliance's form and hearts are shattered. In the end, only one couple will reign supreme. Who will rise to the top and he'll be left stranded. I mean that makes sense. It makes total sense for Gabby to be hosting it. Yeah, combination of love and traders.
Speaker 3: Obviously, I just go back to what is close to us and it just, yeah, it makes me. I hope I'm in the minority with this Paradise season. Granted I haven't watched a lot of it, but I hope that people are liking it a lot more.
Speaker 2: What does this have to do with anything, because.
Speaker 3: It just feels like, here we go another dating show, Gabby's the host. It's by Alex Cooper, like streaming on Hulu. Like, you know, obviously there's only so much attention span for people out there, so it's like if there is a big supply within this dating reality show market, it's like, oh man, they're adding another show and it asks Gabby as the lead, and like we know certain people producing it, and like obviously we're going to support it because we know the people that are working on it, which is wonderful. But it's like, you know, I just hope that Paradise is keeping up. So anyway, that's my thoughts, because this show is going to crush it. I mean it's Alex Cooper just like anything this woman touches is killing it. Gabby's just huge right now, we know some of the people working on it, and there's extremely talented a dating show on a boat, and then also what Bachelors are. But what Bachelor had going or for so long and still does is the engagement. Yeah, like they have the rights own. I think they're the only show that it can end in engagement, really, I think so. I think that's why no other show ends in an engagement. Wow, So I think Bachelor is the only one that can do that, which really separates it from other dating shows. Having said that, because there's so many engagements that just end literally months after the show, the engagement doesn't have the weight that I used to. So it's kind of like, is there a difference between people leaving together on a different show or being engaged on Paradise? I don't really see.
Speaker 2: It, especially since so many married couples from Paradise did not get engaged on the show.
Speaker 3: Uh, who else in Paradise you meet?
Speaker 2: You meet Adam Raven, Kevin and Astrod.
Speaker 3: Adam Raven didn't get No, wasn't it like on the post show the after show. No, No, Yeah, who else Kevin and Astrod, Yeah, they didn't get engaged, and so I.
Speaker 2: Think that I might be missing I might be missing one.
Speaker 3: Tannor and Jay got engaged.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, there's a lot that did get engaged.
Speaker 3: But oh Becca, Becca, oh Koofer, yeah, oh Thomas Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So that's four of like the eight didn't even get engaged in the show. Actually had like sometimes fake breakups.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean we got engaged in the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's not be too specific. It's just the stakes that they put on make.
Speaker 3: It too you know, get a lot of pressure. Yeah, pressure, Okay.
Speaker 2: Moving on Lettia gar You know, as we know from Grant season, she sparked engagement rumors throughout the past week or so. She was celebrating a bachelorette party. There were things that were like headlines with her saying she was headed down the aisle. This past weekend, she in bachelornation BFFs. They were united in Utah, and the gathering like had put fans into just like a tizzy because they were saying that they were celebrating Lattia's bachelorette party and we're all finking, how did this girl get engaged so fast. She met a guy and got engagees fast. We were all excited for the hard launch for the with the Fiance Fiance. There was a sign that said, welcome to Latia's Bachelorette. And guess what it was all the lead up for a brand deal with this this thing called it's like a frozen like a popsicle. It's called true Frew which you gotta get it. You gotta get an ad with them. Jared's the biggest popsicle guy. Uh yeah, so the brand deal, it was walking down the freezer aisle. Huh you want to see it?
Speaker 3: No, here she is, Yes, she looks great.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, oh that's funny.
Speaker 3: She goes cool now, yes, why is that? Was that her thing? Come on now?
Speaker 2: Just like so literally she was the front ridder of the This is so funny that Jared doesn't know what he's I mean, I know who she is clearly, No, I know you do, but like you don't know the come on now. So she was the front under the entire time. It was so clear that like this feelings seemed deeper for her. And then when he was breaking up with her, she was like, come on now, come on now, come on, she was just hilarious. Yeah, it was a really good ad.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: Now the question is how far would we go for a brand deal?
Speaker 3: I mean, what are you guys offering.
Speaker 2: We would? Well, this is fun. This is not like I would of course do this as a single girl. That's so cute. That's a funny idea. Yeah, there's no shame in this game, No, no.
Speaker 3: Shame at all. I remember I saw somebody I know post like give to Hannah Anne her pregnancy announcement, the gender or something. She clearly had like product placement in it.
Speaker 2: Really we have the same age.
Speaker 3: And then somebody I know on Facebook, like one of my mom's friends, like screenshot it and circled him and was like, oh how disgusting And it's like yeah what good guy? Like good god? Yeah, no, no, no, trust me. I'm sure that if you were not offered Bunny to post a picture like that, you guys never would obviously. It's like, yeah, anyway, what if I guess.
Speaker 2: The fun question here is would we fake a divorce for a week? You know, trible in paradise headlines? Will we do that in order to get a for a brand deal? That you would have to be breaking glass or whatever the heck, breaking the hell knows. I'm just thinking of.
Speaker 3: If Benny Brand has ideas for that, just reach out to us and will decide that will we'll make the decision the right how much money you willing to offer? There's a price for everything.
Speaker 2: Jared initially was going to say, like no, because you wouldn't want to like freak the kids out, but the kids wouldn't know, but you wouldn't want the kids to like research us at some point and then like all leading to a brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as long as it was in h and tongue in cheek, you know, I think, because you know, we could talk to Dawson and Hayden later, like listen, guys, it was it was a joke.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, you get to go to college. It's always the you get to go to college line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we both I think Ashley and I both have sense of humors, more so me, but like a little bit of a dark sense of humor where it's like we can joke about those things. And I do think Dawson and Hayden Walls have a very similar sense of humor because I can already sense, I can already see Dawson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can.
Speaker 3: He's definitely a ballbuster.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He already like looks at us with like a side I know, and he's like.
Speaker 3: I know that if we were all in the joke together, it would be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right. Well the final headline, Becca Tilly and Hailey Kyoko get engaged in Spain after they've been together for seven years. They started dating like the same season that you and I started dating. It was spring two thousand and eighteen.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, yeah, well, first of all, yeah.
Speaker 2: Congrarettulately congratulations. We're so happy for them. That ring is gorgeous that I literally have. When we were at Tanya's wedding, yep, I was like stressed by how like obsessed they are with each other still like seven years in Like don't you think that they like literally look at each other the stars in their eyes. Still, I still look at you like.
Speaker 3: That, you know, not in a bad way, But they come off as a very like of course they're madly in life.
Speaker 2: There are you kidding me? They're like obsessed with each other. They like can't like let each other's hands go.
Speaker 3: I could see I could see them like kind of busting each other balls a little bit like couples do when they're like dating five or six years, and you know, sure like Hailey rolls her eyes, you know, like something Becka does. But that's adorable, obviously, that's the whole purposeful of changes love of alls as time goes on. Yeah, Hailey's the best. I got to know Haley a lot better at Dean and Kaylen's wedding and we really bonded. I mean I was always friendly with her, but yeah, she's wonderful, just wonderful. And Becca is uh, yeah, Becca's just so down to earth. She really is a grounded person, as you would say.
Speaker 2: They're both just so special. Yeah, wonderful, they're wonderful energies and lights. And I know that our producer Easton was us already talked to the two of them on their podcast Scrubbing In. So, Easton, is there anything you can add from your episode that we wouldn't know from all the headlines?
Speaker 4: The two things that stuck out to me most. It's such a beautiful story, but I'm trying to get through that crying. I got really emotional of them there sayings. But we asked, becha, like what did Haley say when she popped the question, and she said that. Haley got down one knee and said, I will always protect you and I will always keep you safe. And just thinking about everything that Beca's been through, with her being who she is and coming from the world she's from, hearing those words were really powerful to me. And then the other thing I really really appreciated was that they didn't notice at the time, but Hailey proposed on a nude beach, so they're surrounded by just swinging penises. Yeah, they got when she dropped Awndy, which I just if you haven't seen the photos on their Instagram, it's they're so lovely, but like just out of frames's just like a bunch of naked people.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious. There's so much emotion in the engagement pictures.
Speaker 3: I think there's something very poetic about Haley and Becca getting engaged while being surrounded by swinging penises. You know, it's almost the perfect scenario that does.
Speaker 2: Make some sort of poetic sense.
Speaker 4: Yes, it really is. We're so happy for them and I'm so excited for the future.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what about the fact that Becca has to now propose to Haley at some point, because that was like kind of their deal. Right, that is.
Speaker 4: Their deal's coming. And I keep saying, how funny will it be if Haley says no, that's an option.
Speaker 2: Well, we're so happy for them, and so is Becca's best friend, Jojo Fletcher. She actually flew like twelve hours. She said, she flew thirteen hours across country to surprise her and they were only there for twelve hours until they had to turn back around. But she's so happy that they were got to celebrate at their little intimate engagement dinner, just another special thing that Haley put together for Becca. Surprised her with all of her best friends. Once they came back from Spain. All right, well, Jared, now it's time for our headline. It's not that you guys, it's not that headlining. There was one headline. I was like, oh, that's cool. So we are producing an indie TV pilot. It's called Two Romantics, so it's like a rom com. I'm gonna let Jared talk about it because he is, you know, his goal in life would be to be some of producer director, and this is like his first step into that world.
Speaker 3: So this production company called Madhouse Films reached out to Ashley and I and they were producing a TV pilot, a short film directed by this girl, Italia light Rake, who had done work with Ashley before, which is why they reached out. And they were looking for executive producers to help finance the film, and so they sent me the script. They sent me a pitch deck of what the show would be about, how they would pitch networks, what overall vibe was going to be. I got to zoom with the owners of Mad House Films and Talia as well, and I really fell in love with the script. It's the story of a micro influencer named Sam who has like little less one hundred thousand followers and then she gets kind of like a little bit of a big break. She's trying to be a musician, where this influencer named Mac who's kind of like this, you know, douchebag early twenties influencer trying to be a musician as well now like make real music, ends up seeing a video of her, he asked to work with her. They collaborate. It's kind of like a will they won't they, But there's definitely a little bit of a dark side to it. And I really enjoyed the script. I thought it was very smart. I thought, I think it's a good commentary on today's I think it's good commentary on today's influencer world and also public relationships. So I'm excited about it. We got to go to set they filmed in New York, got to be on set. I'm at a cameo, got to meet the entire cast and crew. We were there for the whole day. I think Talia is an incredibly talented director with a great eye, and I really enjoy working with Madhouse. They are up and coming. They actually just got their first feature film to release on Shutter, which is a streaming service. It's a horror movie. It starts as Lily Reanhrt and a couple other very known actresses, so that's very exciting for them. So Ashley and I feel very excited about working with Madhouse on this. I think they're a great company with a bright fewure. I think Talia is very talented with the great eyesh I think the movie's gonna look great, or the film the TV pilot, so we'll see. Hopefully we against some film festivals next year, and hopefully there'll be an opportunity for streaming service to because she's So what's happening is she Talia wrote this TV pilot filmed, we're gonna send it to film festivals, and then she's also writing a full season one of Too Romantic as we speak. So the idea is to show off, uh, this short film. Hopefully it gets a little buzz, and then we can go in front of streaming networks Netflix, hulus On and so forth and say, hey, listen, you know this is what we're looking for season one. This is the beginning, middle, and end. Are you guys interested in in, uh, you know, having this on your platform?
Speaker 2: So yeah, soo right now, we don't have a huge, like day to day role in it. It's really just word like just fine.
Speaker 3: It's not like they're they're not sending me the dailies or anything.
Speaker 2: And yeah, Jared to make a little cameo and he's very good at acting. And I just got to like sit in the producer room for the afternoon and watch them film a few scenes and it was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: So and of course, like I like it because it's a romance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it kind of fits right into what Ashley and I do, influencing and then also just this public relationship.
Speaker 2: Aspect, which is why they came to us because it made sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: But very exciting, very exciting, all right, guys, Well that was fun. I always loved doing an episode with Jared every here and there. I love you and until next time, I've been Ashley.
Speaker 3: I love you too, and I've been Jared.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcasts on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.