Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network, live from San Francisco.
Speaker 2: I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, New Observer up on the front page. Tons of shows. Check it out.
Speaker 4: We'll talk to you again after a while.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody. Brian Alvarez here on or Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific, sixth Eastern, Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley Today Pacific one Eastern, and it is a Thursday here on the show. You know what that means. We got a lot to talk about here today, not the least of which is Dynamite.
Speaker 4: Last night a Dynamite.
Speaker 1: Addition to the show, as we had three matches in the Continental Classic, and two of them were excellent matches. One match was awesome, as we will get to and we do the world famous Dynamite review coming up in the final segment of the show here today, But if you didn't miss Dynamite with Fillian on that, of course, we got the Collision Show and Rampage coming up this weekend, and we have a Rampage lineup no spoilers, and of course for Collision, we have three matches in the Blue League, including the return after three weeks Brian Danielson. He broke his orbital bone. He got surgery about three weeks ago and now he is back, and he showed up last night to do commentary and he's got this gigantic, monstrous eye patch over his eyeball and I thought, man, this guy's wrestling in three days, and not just any match. It's Danielson versus Brody King, So we'll talk about this as well as the final match of Sting's career. The date and location have been announced for the Revolution pay per view updates on will Osprey, as well as some ratings notes from the last week. Obviously, Collision of Rampage went head ahead with wargames that ain't good, and we got NXT numbers from Tuesday night and plenty more as well. If you want to text us here today four five seven eight zero seven five sixty six That is forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six ffort w online at gmail dot com, as well as effort w online on Threads, Instagram and cameo Back in a Moment, Observer Live.
Speaker 5: What tech Type am I? To help learners understand how their personalities and strength translate into tech job rules, IBM has developed a quiz supporting ambitious learners to discover and explore STEM professions they may have thought we're out of reach. This free, comprehensive and practical online quiz uses AI to analyze learners' responses and identify specific job rules to consider, all in five minutes or less. Quiz results tell learners what tech professional type they are, and then curates a list of free IBM Skills Build, courses and credentials to help get learners there. Media Logan IBMVP Global Education and Workforce Development.
Speaker 6: The Tech Type Quiz is an engaging AI powered assessment that can help learners envision themselves in a career in STEM through IBM Skills Build. We want to reach communities who are underrepresented in technology fields. We provide them with a customized learning path, free coursework and the opportunity to earn digital credentials to help them on their journeys.
Speaker 5: You can find the quiz at tech typequiz dot com sponsored by IBM.
Speaker 7: Hey airline travelers, Let's say you have a problem and you need to change your cancel and existing airline ress. What do you do well. SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it. Whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe. So now you can make one phone call regardless of who book your airline tickets, and we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about. So if you need to cancel, change, or modify and existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five, fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 8: Remember in the beginning, when you first started to build a life for you and your family, you never imagine and it would come to this. Instead of living your dreams, you're living with debt. In fact, it's smothering you. Now there's a way you can take back control with one simple call. If you owe ten thousand dollars or more in credit card debt, you qualify to receive a free, no obligation consultation on how to get rid of that debt for good. Call the Debt Helpline now we work on your behalf to reduce your debt. We specialize in credit cards, retail store cards, and medical bills. One simple call is all it takes to get the ball rolling to a debt free life. Stop living with debt and start living your dreams. Call the Debt Helpline now.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred nine four three two one five three, eight hundred nine four three two one five three, eight hundred nine four three two one five three. That's eight hundred nine four three twenty one fifty three.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show. Brian Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike Simper vb also Wrestling Observer dot Com. And yes it actually is Brian Danielson versus Eddie Kingston. This coming Saturday night, the uh Brody king matches with Claudio and ANDROTI will be facing Daniel Garcia. So those are your Continental Classic Tournament maness, Daniel Garcia. This poor bloke done getting beat again? Where are you Mike?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 1: Yeah, your Mike's not working reconnect? Yeah, I couldn't hear him. I don't know about the rest of you.
Speaker 4: Don't even get me started.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we've got shows up over the next couple of days. Dynamite was last night Friday. We have got Dan House and Orange, Cassidy Hook and Trent Burretta versus Evil Luno, Alex Reynolds, Matt Menard and Angelo Parker. We have got Takeshta, Powerhouse, Hobbes and Kyle Fletcher in action, which is kind of funny.
Speaker 4: Because are you there now?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 4: There we go all right now.
Speaker 1: You're back, ye, So this Rampage show is taped, but even though it's taped, they're only announcing that Takeshta, Hobbes and Fletcher are in action, so maybe that taped.
Speaker 4: Match might change or something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Sorea, Ruby Soho and Anna Jay versus stat Lander, Karashet and sky Blue, Penta, Mkingo and Commander versus Brian Cage and J. D. Drake and Anthony Henry. That's for Rampage, and then has noted the lineup for the tournament on Saturday is Brian Danielson, Eddie Kingston Androtti versus Daniel Garcia and Brody King versus Claudio Caston.
Speaker 4: Now, the tournament's been great.
Speaker 1: I've enjoyed all the matches, with the exception of the matches who's finishes I did not see, which would have been the last two weeks on Dynamite And No, I am not going to get into this argument again because Dave is not here to defend himself.
Speaker 4: But I will just say one thing, and that is that.
Speaker 3: Whenever Brian I still watch sports, you don't.
Speaker 1: The overrun last week, which I didn't see because it got cut off, absolutely died. The overrun is always supposed to go up because you know the people watch and then the next people will come in or well it died because people couldn't watch it. Okay, So for all of you suggesting that I need to solve the issue for myself, I know it's like a gimmick and everything like that, but I'm actually a nice guy. I'm trying to look for a solution. I'm trying to look for a solution that in fact would work for everybody, not just me. I realize it's America and we're all very selfish, but yeah, I could probably solve the problem for myself. But what about everybody else who can't watch the end of Dynamite for the last two weeks because the final quarter collapsed last week because the thing cut off early. Well, you know, I'd like to help everybody here, not just me.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you're that kind of guy, Brian.
Speaker 1: I am that kind of guy. I'm a nice guy.
Speaker 3: And you're right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: DJ's right to everyone's an expert. Do you know how many people gave me advice who don't actually have YouTube TV. They're like, hey, you know, just set it for fifteen minutes more. I got sling. I'm not talking about sling, I'm talking about YouTube TV, where, in fact, you can't just set it longer. You can't just set it for an extra fifteen minutes or thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 1: It's actually impossible. So your advice it doesn't help me at all or anybody else that's trying to watch the end of Dynamite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but wait, Brian. Later on in the week, they added in the next morning, they added.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the other one. Why you know, I can just watch it the next day. That'll be a real fun review. On Wednesday night on Observer Radio, Dave, I didn't see the show. I gotta watch it tomorrow so I can see the overrun. Take it through the show here, Dave, That'd be a long hour. I'd just be sitting there going, what's.
Speaker 4: He talking about?
Speaker 1: Are you telling me that?
Speaker 4: Actually?
Speaker 1: That's the NXT review anyway, Revolution, which will be Sting's final match, it has been announced, is taking place on March third at the Greensboro Coliseum. That's where they're running the pay per view, the Greensboro Colisseum.
Speaker 3: You better say it with some reverence, boy, on March third.
Speaker 1: It is the same building where Rick Flair defended the NWA World title against Sting in a forty five minute draw, which I don't know if you guys are aware of this or not, but there were no commercials and Jesus Stinger, you did it. We didn't rehearse it. We didn't talk about it. We just went out there and did it. That's what Rick Flair said. No rehearsals, no rehearsals. He said, no, we didn't rehearse that match. We just went out there and wrestled. But anyway, that's what's gonna take place. We don't know the opponent, but you know what they gotta do. What Flair's got to try.
Speaker 4: To screw him one last time, Well, you just.
Speaker 1: Know he's gotta He's got to turn on Sting near the end of that match. It almost cost him his final match, and then Sting turns the tables and he's got to put Flair in the scorpion at the end of the match. Well, the worst part is they and then they can hug it because they didn't rehearse it.
Speaker 3: They'll reanimate Sandy Scott and overrule of match of draw or something like that. But you know, he used to kill me back in the day. Being in an area that didn't have cable TV. They kept hyping up over and over and over again during that programming, it's going to be on free TV. It's going to be on free TV, like it was going to be out of the belts and syndication. They never mentioned that it was going to be on WTBS on the syndicated shows. So when he came time for it to be on free TV, yeah it was not.
Speaker 1: Voor Will Ospray opted to sign with AW. He reportedly had a bigger offer on the table or a big offer on the table from Impact Wrestling. Pwsider say they were very much in the running to land Osprey with Impact making, with sources close to the situation described as quote a fantastic, massive offer to sign him. What Impact Stortes told p W inside it was a seven figure level offer.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: They say, what's the seven figure level? Yeah, I mean is it seven figures or not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it says on the front page like that, Like that quote actually just leads you to ask what does this mean?
Speaker 1: Said it was likely the largest contract offer Impact and made to a wrestler since Anthem.
Speaker 3: Sport, including what was to the right of the decimal point.
Speaker 1: Apparently it was the largest contract offer Impact Wrestling and made to wrestler since Anthem Sports Entertainment acquired the company. Well, now that you didn't take the money, there's gonna be a lot of people looking for a raise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tell you that much.
Speaker 3: Josh Alexander should get one.
Speaker 1: And you know he had said in interviews he liked working Impact. I'm sure he had a great time, but you know his his uh, what he wanted was life changing money.
Speaker 4: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: What U what AW gave him, but it was not a seven figure level offer. I'm sure it was a seven figure offer, yes, and probably quite a bit. There's some people there making a lot of money, it's my impression. Good, a lot of money, good, good, good, But you know there's other people not making a lot of money. That's bad about twenty twenty four is coming. A lot of people are gonna be making a lot more money.
Speaker 3: Well, we went over that, Drew McIntyre top of the list, Mercedes Money top of the list.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they're they're they're way up the La Night mel A Night top merch cellar in WWE. Although I don't know, now that Punk's back, He's probably gonna beat him there for a while at least. Then we have the ratings for the last couple of days. We'll talk about AW ratings in a moment. But that NXT show six fifty nine, up six percent from last week er point eighteen eighteen to forty nine, which was down five percent from last week. The show went head to head with NBA Basketball on TNT college basketball on ESPN. They are still up two point three percent year over year. And this is what I keep telling you guys about eighteen to forty nine, up forty percent year over year. These kids like this NXT show.
Speaker 3: Now that's gonna help them. But don't get caught in the trap of falling under seven hundred thousand. That number. You know that, no dont matter.
Speaker 1: Now, don't matter. Now they resigned their deal. Well, and by the way, I don't know. I don't have any information whatsoever, but I can tell you that the belief is that we will be getting information on where RAW is going quite soon. The deal may be done. Triple H was not at RAW on Monday. Him and Nick con were in l a and they were trying to finalize a television deal. And I think that deal might be done.
Speaker 3: So we'll find out. Oh yeah, yeah, are you going to be here tomorrow. No, they are going to announce.
Speaker 1: So it's going to be announced. Well you better get ready, brother, I'm watch dogging it.
Speaker 4: That's a long.
Speaker 3: Day, are you really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Back at school I am, and it's a long day. Well, we'll get into the a W radius. We come back from the break later on in the show. We've got the world famous Dynamite report. Anymore.
Speaker 4: Back in the moment, Observer.
Speaker 9: Live, just as well, the game, get some game. We'll be at the other lawns between.
Speaker 2: In the cool, cool morning turn the days of slam.
Speaker 9: I'll say, living right is easy.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show, Brian Elberz here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike simpervb else of Wrestling Observer dot Com. So we had uh.
Speaker 4: Where am I here?
Speaker 1: Collision as well as rampage. We already talked about SmackDown. SmackDown on FS one the exception of a best of episode in twenty twenty one. It was the lowest rated SmackDown in the history of SmackDown. That was the day after Thanksgiving edition had to head with a bunch of sports.
Speaker 4: I don't watch sports. I don't know if you're wearing that.
Speaker 1: Then we had AW Collision and AW Rampage, which were both head to head with war Games and U. I mean honestly, they did all right. I mean I thought they'd be killed worse. Collision three hundred and seventeen thousand viewers, which was up seventeen percent from the airing last Friday, but it was down twenty percent from two weeks ago, and two weeks ago was not going head to head. Actually it might have been the The NXT Show, but regardless a point nine in eighteen to forty nine, and Rampage, which aired after Collision, was also still head to head with The Wargame Show, and that show did two hundred and sixty four and zero point eight in eighteen to forty nine.
Speaker 4: So you know it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be rough because Saturday Night, there's always stuff on Saturday Night, especially this It's all right for fighting, but you know what, there's a lot of fighting on other channels with guys and balls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with polished elements and such.
Speaker 1: Brian, Yes, there's gonna be NXT pay per views, there's gonna be WWE pay per views. And don't think NXT doesn't hurt Collision and uh in Rampage or I guess just Collision because it does.
Speaker 3: They have, well, what they have going for them this week is no WWE or NXT premium live event, but they do have Michigan in Iowa and Louisville and Florida State, and again, depending on what happens with Friday nights football, which is going to affect SmackDown to some extent, and depending on what happens Saturday during the day, those games at that that night are crucial. They are very crucial in the case of Michigan. So we'll have to see what happens. But it's probably not going to be a great night again. But I again, with not having the WWE show, I can see them being up from this past weekend.
Speaker 4: You think so, huh?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the people out there in radiol thing. But it'll give you time to check your notes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking for I'm looking for something here. Should I even bother?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: And with that look on your face, yes.
Speaker 4: A terrible person you are? Do it now?
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, Coward Bendido out of action longer than expected, so he had a wrist injury and he had surgery to repair the injury in July. He had been on track to return in December, but then, according to Dave, it was just discovered that his wrist did not healed properly from his first surgery, so he had to have another. That sucks, So he's going to be out of action for another length of time.
Speaker 3: I don't mean to sound flipping here, Honestly, who's paying for this?
Speaker 4: I'm sure AW paid for it.
Speaker 3: And that's the darnedest thing because how long has he really been signed to AW? I mean, he's been signed a long time now, but how many matches as he really wrestled for him? It's just it's so tough. It's like watching a draft pick come in and blow their achilles out, you know, right in the first training camp before the season even starts for their rookie year. I hope this guy can come back at full because, like Dragonly, like Rouche, he's special. There are a lot of guys that wear masks that are you know, in AW and NWWE and all over the indie scene. This is a special talent, and I hope he can get it back to one hundred percent, and I hope we can actually see him sooner rather than later.
Speaker 1: I hope this doesn't lead to more Gravity matches, is what I want to say about that.
Speaker 3: Bacher Maania forty two four came out and yeah, was it in the whole episode? It should have been.
Speaker 4: That poor guy.
Speaker 1: I feel bad forgetting on him, but I watched the match. It was on national television, wanted today.
Speaker 3: I had to suffer through it and I couldn't knee him in the head like Malachi did, so it was. It was a rough It was rough, and I feel bad, Actually, I feel worse for Commander. Yeah, Gravity had a bad night. It was a bad match. Everybody feels bad about it, I'm sure, but Commander didn't seem to do anything wrong there, and there probably should have been an.
Speaker 1: All Yeah, Commander's great. Yeah, it was actually amazing.
Speaker 3: Where it was like just hurt Gravity and you stay outside there, Commander will do the rest of it.
Speaker 1: See. The thing is like I don't I guess I shouldn't say anyth because I don't know, But my impression is it like I don't know, you know, you would think language barrier. If if it was an issue with a language barrier, then it should have affected Commander and Gravity. But Commander, we're just fine with everybody. Well, hey, gravity did not.
Speaker 3: Look There are just some combinations that are on paper they look great, but then they don't work. You know, some work Andrade and Buddy Matthews that first collision, it's like perfect, perfect combination together. And there are some people, even the amount of experience they have, Charlotte Flair and Kyrie saying as a good example where something obviously for whatever reason, does not click. And again it was also probably their first time in the ring with each other as.
Speaker 1: Well, says Brian, I understand why people are saying the punk promo from Raw was a good number. I found it to be a rather disappointing number. No, they added four hundred thousand viewers from the like the average of Like, here's the thing, Yes, if this were not football season, Okay, if this were the road to WrestleMania, the Raw after WrestleMania, yeah, that'd be a disappointing number during football season with the competition that they had the thing too that people for this is the other thing, so yeah, compared to last week, they were up four hundred thousand or whatever. You guys do realize that last week was like an aberration. It was like a remarkably like it didn't even make sense how big the number last week was. So you got to go back to the average of all of the raws during football season. And if you go back and look at the average of all the raws during football season and then you look at this number, this thing was sky high. Now how long is it going to be sky high? I don't know. I mean, you know, when John Cena first came back, I mean, he boosted things a ton, but didn't last forever. And you know, Roman Reigns is now advertised for three smackdowns and those three smackdowns are gonna sell out, They're gonna do great. But if Roman Reigns was actually on TV every single week, he wouldn't be doing that kind of boost. So how long it'll be I don't know. But for the first time back, that was a huge number. In fact, you know, it's funny, you know it's funny. You know the old aw didn't get a million, Well that that number that cmpunk did when he came back for that Rampage show. I think it was basically up four hundred thousand or so from what they had been doing previously for those those Dynamite shows. So you know, he boosted WWE basically as much as he boosted AW. I guess in a percentage base is probably a little bit less, but still that Rampage was also not head to head with the NFL, So this was a very good number he drew for his first time back. I agree, man, This person here, well, here's a question for you. This person asked, where is Britt Baker? Well that's a good question, isn't it. Now she's asking a question on Twitter?
Speaker 3: Is that a shoot or a work?
Speaker 4: Listen?
Speaker 1: All I can tell you is this whether she's working some angle or she's not working some angle. The fact of the matter is she's not wrong.
Speaker 4: Where is she?
Speaker 1: And not only where is she? But she made the point that you know, look at how much time that you know MGF and I forget the other person she mentioned, maybe Christian and Copeland. You know, look at how much talking time they got And I've gotten zero minutes of entring talking time all year, all year, So I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Well, she also had a hell of a combination with Jamie Hater, where, you know, for a while there. I don't know what's going on either. I took the tweet to be, you know, kind of in a working way, because it's not like she called out her husband that they would expect her to or anything like that. But he's been tied into a lot of the time on television, whether it be through skits or whether it be through the mjf angle, So I don't know. I think maybe she's working. But regardless of whether she's working or not, I'm sure she does want to be out there on TV. I would figure her as a competitor and as a entertainer, she does want to be out there on TV, and she's not. They didn't even use her for local promotion when they went to Pittsburgh, So.
Speaker 1: It's like that Pittsburgh's own Lady Frost. I still laugh every time I think of that graphic and.
Speaker 3: It's things like that where it's like, come on, I know you, okay, look Adam, I'm sure is fine. He seems to be making his way to shows and all that sort of stuff. She doesn't have to be home convalescing with him. Why aren't you using her right now? But maybe they have a great idea are waiting for Maybe it's just as as simple as waiting for Jamie eight or to give another update on when she's coming back.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, brother, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's not even it's not even like okay, maybe you know she's she's at home and she wants to come back or whatever, but it's also you know, you know what, he's funny as like I'm trying to think of like a good Actually, i'd have to go back to WCW where you had these these guys were just they would cause nothing but trouble. And you know, the argument was always well, we pay them so much, we've got to.
Speaker 4: Use them, remember that old thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And to me it was always like, actually, you know what, if they're actively destroying your promotion, then you're actually saving money by not using them. But anyway, the argument always was, well, we have to use Nash and we have to use We're just paying them so much money. You think BRIT's making fifty grand a year. I don't know what she's making, but like I'm sure she's making And it's not just Britt it's like the same thing that we asked about the Young Bucks. Remember the Young Bucks re signed and then you know they were like here there and they just dropped off the face of the earth. And then you know they did that thing on the pay per view and they vanished again. You think they're making fifty grand a year, they're not. So it's like it's actually the opposite here. It's like, whatever you want to say about britt she was the biggest women's star they had, and during that period where she was feuding with thunder Rosa and they had that lights out match, it wasn't just for the women. She was one of the biggest stars in the entire company. And she's I'm sure making a ton of money and she's gone. The Bucks are gone, and like where is everybody?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Why are you paying them? I don't know, Hey my money back In a moment Observer.
Speaker 10: Live, we're out of to Americas thinks their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of the six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published. Make your dreams happen. Call Dorance Publishing right now.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand and three eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four eight five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three.
Speaker 11: Do you have met care and do you use a SEAPAP machine. This is a national healthcare alert regarding your SEAPAP supplies. Using a clean seapap mask and clean supplies is important to staying healthy. The best way to make sure your SEATPAP equipment is clean is to get new supplies. If you have Medicare, we have great news. Medicare will pay for you to have new clean supplies every ninety days We'll even do all the paperwork for you to make sure that there's little to no out of pocket cost to you, and you don't even have to leave your home. We provide free in home delivery. So if you're a SEAPAP user and you have medicare, staying healthy with new SEATPAP equipment is easy. Just make this free phone call right now to get started.
Speaker 7: Sponsored BUCE Specialty Medical eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine, eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine, eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine. That's eight hundred nine one three ninety seven thirty nine.
Speaker 10: Iden recently released a massive six trillion dollar budget, the largest budget in US history. And guess who pays the bill. That's right, you, the American taxpayer. American citizens and business owners will be paying more taxes.
Speaker 4: That's a fact. And if you owe back.
Speaker 10: Taxes, they will be coming after you to collect payments. In fact, President Biden also hired thousands more IRS agents to go after you. If you've got a letter from the IRS and you know you owe back taxes or you haven't filed in years, don't put your head in the sand. Call us today We've saved our customers millions of tax dollars. One quick free phone call will show you how we can reduce your pass tax bill and save you thousands guaranteed or you pay nothing.
Speaker 7: Call now eight hundred nine four nine OO three nine eight hundred nine four nine O three nine. That's eight hundred nine four nine zero zero thirty nine paid for by the Tax Helpline.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike Simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: The show Brian Elberrez here a Wrestling Observer Live Mike's member VV also Wrestling Observer dot com. Well, let's talk about the world famous Dynamite report. They opened up with Brian Daleson and his gigantick eye patch coming out to do commentary. He did a fine job on commentary.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's the same eyepatch that he had back in r oh impossible.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe he has maybe maybe he has a whole uh, a whole bunch of eye patches, oh like Mooden mask that. So it opened up with John Moxy j Lethal Condental Classic and I thought this was a very good match and you know what expect on Moxley and Jay. Lethal worked over Moxley's leg for a while, big spot at the end, Moxley puts him in the choke and Lethal tries to pummel his bad leg and Moxley traps the arm. Now he can't pummele. Lethal is forced to tap Moxley at the moment in the lead with six points, although we'll soon have a bunch of people six points. Then we had Eddie Kingston cutting a promo. He said, I knew it'd be tough, but I might have come in here arrogant thinking I put my belts on the line and I deserve to win. Nobody deserves anything. Now I've got Brian next and I'm behind the eight ball, but I'm not going back humble in victory, humble in defeat. And then he go to Brian on commentary and he goes, I broke my overittal bone in two places, but I'm going to this tournament on fire. I'm not gonna be humble in victory or defeat. I'm coming to win this whole thing. He's gonna stomp in Eddie's head on Saturday Night.
Speaker 3: The Eddie Kingston that we all know and Love is coming back with that gas can in his hand. He's not gonna be able to hold this up forever.
Speaker 1: And we had Tony Shavani with the Stings final match thing with Rick Flair.
Speaker 3: What was he wearing? He's wearing one of your suits, wasn't they?
Speaker 4: Man? They love they love Rick Flair.
Speaker 1: But uh, it's like, first they're interviewing Sting and man Flair is just standing there and he's not even reacting, and he's got sunglasses on. I'm like, I hope this guy's not sleeping right now. And then they go to him and he just starts. He just says whatever comes into his brain. And uh, it's been a problem with him over the years, well, I mean on TV shows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess it has.
Speaker 1: But I mean when he started talking about how they rehearse the match, I was like, you couldn't tape this thing again. They have too much respect for the guy.
Speaker 4: Just let it go.
Speaker 1: Rouche and Mark Brisco in a tournament match, gal Lee, g you know, I really gotta think, you know, this is gonna be like people are gonna they won't even be able to wrap their heads around the possibility. But I'm trying to figure out what my favorite match of the week was, because man, that Elia Dragonov match on NXT, goll Lee, that match was so awesome, and the main event was like a different kind of awesome, you know, that was more a traditional pro wrestling kind of awesome. But uh, this Ruche and Mark Briscoe match, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I don't know, this match ruled.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like two Rushes facing each other because.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey to Mark Briscoe either way.
Speaker 1: Well you know, now, I know I won't say that, okay, because Mark Briscoe does have two speeds. Okay, Mark brisco can go in there and not be an absolute complete maniac go in fifty five thousand miles an hour. Ruche only has one speed, Okay, So this actually was two Rushes in the ring with each other and it was awesome. And the one actual Rush, the shoot Rush, he killed him with a drop kick in the corner for the pin match absolutely ruled. I think this is the best match in the tournament so far, although the the Brody King match with Eddie on Collision had also ruled. Then we had a Tony Storms segment. Does everyone still love these? Is that out of curiosity? Just seems like it's, uh, you know, bit, same old, same old, A.
Speaker 3: Lot more RJ City in this mix. Now, I wonder how many casts of characters we're going to get in this thing. We got Mariah may now in, we got RJ City, we got Luther.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm about to lose it. Remember when Jingo quit because I chewed him out so bad. I'm about to dig in, he goes. Brian managed a DVR NXT every week. Interesting, Yeah, you absolute moron, explained this last night n XT. It always catches the overrun every time. Yeah, not once ever, whether the overrun is three minutes, nine minutes, or sixteen minutes, not onceever. His YouTube TV cut off the overrun. Ever, that's the point. The point is it can be done because it happens every week on NXT, but for some damn reason, anytime AW goes over it cuts it off. So it ain't a problem with me. It ain't a problem. It's a problem with a w Get hold of these people and figure it out.
Speaker 3: I agree, I have YouTube TV.
Speaker 1: It's okay, DJ. I'm not mad at you. You should have deleted that. What a stupid comment. Anyway, where were we? MGF did a promoeah total old school babyface promo puts over Samoa Joe as a man who broke the mold because we didn't have large men in main event positions before Samojo guys born in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 1: So anyway, he said he's gonna beat this guy at the paper. He's a hell of a babyface promo. And then the lights went out and I don't know if it was supposed to be the actual devil or just three of four of his henchmen, but they start beating up MJF. And then Joe runs down to make the save, and then we add like I thought my TV broke. The screen went black and you couldn't hear anything. It was like completely silent as well, and.
Speaker 4: I'm waiting and I'm waiting.
Speaker 1: And I'm I actually pushed the screen to go. Is the time actually moving forward? And finally the words appear on the screen. They challenged MJF and Simojo to a.
Speaker 4: Tag next week.
Speaker 1: The scripts wrote that, and Max accepts, and Joe's angry because he wants him to heal up and Max is not healing out. And then after the break, the announcers say, whoever that devil is at the ability to break into the audio and video system's a bad excuse. So and for those of you wondering, like I ain't gonna make a bet because I got to take a break after I actually I'm like Vince McMahon when he guaranteed him then that one day he failed. The Devil's not Britt Baker. I don't know who it is, but i'd be very very surprised. Like everyone's singing, this is all in Angle and she's going to be the devil. Don't hold your breath.
Speaker 3: It's the forum. I believe that they were analyzing the mask and seeing if it had feminine enough features.
Speaker 1: Where it was oh my god, you people come.
Speaker 3: On to your people, your forum.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, me and Dave were talking about this last night. It suddenly hit me that you knew what a hacker gimmick was. Sammy Callahan. You know, it's been backstage quite a bit at eight. Sammy Callahan.
Speaker 3: Ain't gonna be Sammy Callahan either. I wouldn't think.
Speaker 1: Could be Callahan, could be Cold, it could be jungle Boy, but I would not expect to be a Britt Baker.
Speaker 3: I think he got a problem. If it's not, well, here's the thing. People are gonna be disappointed. If it's Jungle Boy, I don't know. If it's Nick Namath, if it's Nick Nemeth. Look, if it's Sammie Kellen, if it's somebody who we haven't seen before, it better be to a level, you know what I'm saying. And I think anything else is gonna be maybe a little bit disappointing, probably a lot disappointing.
Speaker 1: And we had h we're low beating Airfox, you know, the drill, top Flight Action Andretti versus the Hardy's and Brothers A. This is one of those things. I don't want to get mad yet. Okay, I don't want to get mad yet. But I thought Top Flight Action Andrey were a great fun team. I thought it's something for Action Andretti to do, so he's not just getting buried every week and beaten. And I thought, man, let these guys go on on a tear and challenge for those trios titles. That'd be a lot of fun. And then the very next segment, Penta Commander and VIKINGO show up and challenge him. I thought, actually, you know what, I guess it's possible they could beat him, but that certainly wasn't what I thought was gonna happen when I saw those guys show up. But we'll see.
Speaker 3: I hope that and the Martins do beat him. They should beat him.
Speaker 1: They should, That's my point. When these guys showed up, I got, oh, man, they're gonna have a great match and lose.
Speaker 4: I don't want that.
Speaker 1: Then we had Julia Hard and Emmy Soakrara. If I ever mentioned how much I hate the house rules conceptulous, I don't have time here. I'll do that tonight on the Brian and Anny show. We had an uh excellent promo with Christian and.
Speaker 3: Uh Adam Copeland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people text me to know the show. We had an excellent Christian and so basically here's the story. I'll review the entire thing on Brian and Vade tonight, but essentially, Adam Copeland has challenged Christian to a TBS or T and T title match next week on I'll get to that later, challenge him to a match next week on Dynamite. Christian obviously doesn't want to do the match. So Christian comes out and he just pulls out the violin and he just goes on and on about all the stuff we used to do and we were family and we were friends. And he finally pulls out the mother card. Your dead mother would have wanted us to team together, and so Christian, you know, Ede, she just turns his back and he hangs his head, and of course, this absolute creepy little freak grabs a belt and he goes to hit well at him, and Adam punts him in the nuts. He says, nice, try tell me next week at titles coming Home with me. I couldn't do justice to this segment. Christian was so awesome and Ed's just looking at him was so great.
Speaker 4: So this was incredible.
Speaker 1: So anyway, you know why I had that look on my face while I was reviewing this.
Speaker 3: Because you were about to say the effort like edged it.
Speaker 1: Not only do you know, not only do I get all these people texting me as I'm trying to do a report here, but I am still getting emails. They're still coming in and we are now at August of twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: So that's that's good. We're getting closer to twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but every.
Speaker 1: Day some email comes in or I almost have a heart attack before. I realized this from years ago, but this one when it came in, I knew it was from years ago. But it is quite funny. If I may remind you all, it was August five of twenty twenty, just three short years ago the WWE named Nick Kahn President and Chief revenue Officer. Wow, what a career trajectory this man has had over the last three years.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 1: I kind of liked that sing where I'm getting sent emails from a while ago, because like, Wow, well do you really lost that title right before Crown Jewel?
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Wilson out the door? That was That was a controversial move at the time. Shake up and of ideas seems to have paid off.
Speaker 1: So then we had the main event and Jay White and Swerve in a tournament match, which, although I did not see the end of the match, what I did see I thought was very good.
Speaker 4: And they are. It's interesting.
Speaker 1: They're like positioning Swerve and all the matches thus far, he's he's rustling heels and all these matches he's getting babyface reactions. Swerve's house chance are going crazy for.
Speaker 4: His his deal.
Speaker 1: The devil just invaded this show. Who your thing got all glitchy. But I've been told, you know, I report on this stuff, so my sources tell me that Swore won this match, so he gained three points in the tournament. But overall, I mean, hey, let's look at the bright side, everybody. Over the last whatever it was Tuesday and Wednesday, we saw some great pro wrestling between AW NXT, three good to great tournament matches on the aw show and absolutely awesome one on one match on NXT in a great four way. So as a fan, I was quite pleased with what I saw, quite pleased. Indeed, back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Can't, for the life of me believe I fell for this one. I think you guys should like setting me off sky here on the YouTube, Chad goes Brian hates fun that is not campy. That is why he hates House Rules, but he loves NXT. No, I hate House Rules because it's stupid and it doesn't make any sense and it's nonsense. Okay, House rules is House of Black allowing an opponent to choose a stipulation. Okay, so what happened last night was Emmy Sokker had chose the stipulation, can you Julie Hard cannot win via submission? Okay, Now, if you're a simpleton, if you're a numbskull, you're like, oh I like this angle, it's silly or whatever. No, it's still spid because a Emmi's sokra after requesting a match where Julia cannot win via submission, First off, she tries a submission, which I don't even know if she can win be a submission and I wasn't explained. And then when Julia tries a submission, even though she is the one that offered, you know, you can pick your stipulation or whatever, she tries a submission, Emmy taps her. It goes no, submissions don't count, and now Julia's mad, Well, why joffer the house rules in lady? And here's a bigger issue. Here's the thing that this fella here and thinking about. Obviously, why didn't Emmy soccer is say the stipulation is you can only win via bear hug? Why didn't she say that? Yeah, I'd like to see Julia Hart try and beat emmy soccer with a bear hug.
Speaker 4: Probably not happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why didn't she say that? Why didn't she say you can only win if you pin me for a five hundred count.
Speaker 4: Well, you didn't say it because.
Speaker 1: You see, the stipulation is stupid that you allow somebody to choose the stipulation, because it's stupid that you would allow that, and the other person stupid because they never chose choose the right stipulation. It's always something, Oh can would be a submission, go all the way? Sucks, but I need lunch. I'll talk to you next time. Observer Life, you have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network