Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: Hm, well, welcome everybody. We appreciate you guys. Obviously, all Star a lot of shit to do, but we uh we knew we could bring you guys something special.
Speaker 3: You know, we were able to.
Speaker 2: I was telling some of my team upstairs, like you can't pay for the type of energy and people that all the smoke has been able to attract. You know where we're standing talking to KG and the next thing j R. Is there, and then next thing, Marshawn walks up, and then the legend little d is in here. It's just it, Uh, the the energy is is unmatched. So again, we appreciate you guys for being here. We're gonna get started with Marshan because we know he's on the clock. But Marshawn, your transition, your transition has been something that admirable. I mean, from who you were as a player kind of didn't really want to speak. I'm only here so I don't get fine to being one of the biggest post career personalities in the game right now. Talk to us about that transition and why you decided to show the rest of the world who you really were.
Speaker 4: The truth to that is always was showing them who I was they just weren't paying attention. But when you've given some shit that a lot of motherfuckers don't got, it's kind of hard to grasp on too. And where they was at, you know what I mean, you know, the whole media situation them two was never going to be able to work out at the time they wanted me on what what wasn't real to me. I had a lot of individuals who started off like, oh, yeah, this dude, this, that and the third, and then I fo trials and tribulations. They're like, oh, this motherfucker wasn't never shipped that a third. So I see y'all, y'all come in here, just the type of ship y'all will talk about. So you really don't fuck with me. So, nigga, how it would go was if I fuck with you and we had to get him up, then we had to get him up. But you know, this is a professional setting. So the only thing I could do is just yeah, I mean, keep to my business, you feel me, and leave everything else. What they got going on.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have a pod or a show and then you're on Thursday night with doing some stuff with Amazon talked us about how that came about and about ten commercials. He's on everywhere and he just had you just had a movie come out. We'll talk about that too. But but yes, sir, congratulations emotion motion love is love, big prushure congratulations. But yeah, but talk to us about the show and being on the other side. Now you're asking the questions and what that what that's been like to.
Speaker 4: You, I mean it's been for me. It'd be easy because I get the opportunity to go sit down with individuals who you know, I mean maybe inspired me. You know what I mean. I like what they got going on all the ship or they got something going on at the same time, and everybody got a story. But you know what I mean, I get to pop out and come fuck with niggas who I don't watch get down for damn there like decades and ship right, you know, I mean from being close to the baby because you know what I mean. But you know, it's always love.
Speaker 5: But you know what I mean, he explained it to me one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Funk with the I fuck with the Bay heavy, but I don't. I don't pretend to be from me. I'm an hour away.
Speaker 1: Moment.
Speaker 4: But then you know, you're coming to the town and fucking with it and then you know you yourself. This ship don't need to be explained, but you niggas was niggas who did ship that I seen was like, damn them. Niggas remind me of somebody back at home when I'm watching what y'all do, Like, yeah, that's something I could you. I mean, I can function with that. And then to see where y'all at. Yeah, I mean, like I said, nigga ia, tell every og that I took something felt like I just watched you later foundation and then I walked the trail. You feel what I'm saying. I ain't trying to recreate the wheel. It's trying to make you know what I mean, situations, take care of what I need to take care of, do my thing, have hell of fun on the way of doing it. So that's a part of the transition too.
Speaker 1: Though I enjoy trying to hey shit for me, I want to give your props too, because I look at you like the Snoop Dogg of the NFL.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You know, we see how Snoop has evolved into doing any and everything that he wants to do, but doing it his way. I look at you as doing it the same way and doing the authentic way. You know, they tried to They tried so long to change us and tell us you have to look this way and talk this way and dress this way to do it, you know what I'm saying to be successful. But you're able to do it your way in the authentic way, bro. So I just want to give your props and solution for what you're doing because a lot of us don't have accompetence to step out there be our sales and still do it that way. So to you, my boy, Hell yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, they appreciate that too.
Speaker 3: Fly take it.
Speaker 2: As soon as you guys seen each other, it was instant business talk, talk about how this just on some real ship, Like let's get to it, that's what it was.
Speaker 3: But talk about how it's evolved.
Speaker 2: Because I was telling someone early like when we first got in the league and the locker room talk wasn't business oriented. It was more fun and games and women's and cars and strip clubs and hanging your jersey in them.
Speaker 3: But it's evolved, so was.
Speaker 5: Busy nigga damn hanging them in that jersey. It actually hung my jersey up though, serious. The Raptors, the greatest of all.
Speaker 1: Time up there, So I take pride of it, damn all time. Talk to us a lot. Just the jersey up They had a whole buffeto of food for me, and it was nice. It was nice.
Speaker 4: It was a ceremony, but ceremony for a real nigga.
Speaker 2: The greatest section in there, the greatest, the greatest, but ticket just the way we've all transitioned. We've all got our footing in our own different way. We're all unique in our own ways. And now it's it's it's these bigger companies trying to come either get ors or copy or mimic our style. But again, it struck me dope because as soon as you gots seen each other, it was like, hey, let's talk about that.
Speaker 6: You know the space though, Man, everybody that's into space is one building their brands. And you know, I got a different level appreciation, that's all. And I know how the transition can be difficult. And I'm watching everybody who's making it do it their own way.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 6: The way that you are doing content, not even whether it's on Amazon, but everything you do is you. The common denominated in that is that shit that is you, and it is a changing up the guard and how we look and how we do things. Remember the days you had to come in here with the suit and tie. The style is going out because of how fashion is and how people want to be relaxed and being the own right right. So I'm just watching all of the stuff that on traditional TV. It's really the podcast that everybody charming in for for the real conversations. I'm seeing people charming in for not just analytical sports embedding options, but people are actually tapping in the podcast for love, for business, for trading. It's so much out here information that it's coming through so many different ways. But man, I just love how all of us are evolving. So when they came up on the roof, the first thing I thought was, Bro, you're killing it.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 6: First thing he said, Man, you killing man how we work together, And that's what I'm talking about. But the reason we came to Oakland was not on to shed light on all the graates that's I came through here, but to remind the world, Man, Oakland needs some help.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Like San Frian is one thing, but Oakland needs some help. Bro, Oakland needs some real help. So you know, we're here to Elcho with Liude's talking about, We're here to Elcho with Monshawn Is talking about, We're here to Elcho with Jayon Rodders talking about, and everybody has come up through here. So that's why we're all here.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 6: This is about supporting each other. So you know what I'm saying, it's dope that we up. Give me your praises to your.
Speaker 4: Hell Yeah, that's love. My niggas appreciate it straight up.
Speaker 3: Talking with you. Just had a movie drop. What was it like starring that was crazy movie?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 4: Grass Bro Yeah, man, respect, Look you got me feeling hell of boosts and ship. Hey but look, hey y'all go check the movie.
Speaker 1: Y'all love her.
Speaker 4: I ham out you feel me though. February seventh, All you walking with the ship plug plug your shit. But it was a little different though, Like yeah, I mean as far as you know, just having to get up and do the same ship every day, like we all run the whole you know what I mean, same nigga probably like damn there twenty times or something in like three days. So nigga, that ship, you know what I mean, that ship started wearing on you. But nigga, just remember that the time and the work, because it's a lot of you know what I mean, crossover between the two, just like with the work, ethic and shit. So you know what I mean, just being able to establish that, you know what I mean because at the same time, a nigga was having fun, but a nigga was learning a lot of shit that I ain't never experienced, So you know, I mean that shit helped. And then I mean they kept it fresh even though a nigga had to do the same shit twenty times in three days.
Speaker 1: Like so it's it's that shit boy.
Speaker 3: Would you do it again? Would you do another movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: For sure? Absolutely, But I mean, you know, you gotta be a certain type of individual. You feel me, I play you feel me though contact sport, and I like to bang with niggas like feel me two three times my side, So you feel what I'm saying, Like when I go and hit a nigga in they head, you feel what I'm saying. You gotta be a little off to do that. So that's why I'm saying I was going to that shit again.
Speaker 3: I gotta ask you this, do you have a dream role?
Speaker 6: That you will like to play if you can play anything or anybody or yourself in any role Narco and don't give for what it is, Friday, I don't get ship, what it is?
Speaker 3: Anything? Anything? What would you be and who would you be?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'll be me for show.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying you're playing any any role that out of choppo. Goddamn whoever? You know what I'm saying? Who d? God? What right you hear.
Speaker 1: Netflix? Did you hear them? No?
Speaker 3: Netflix? Hey?
Speaker 1: Where are your Netflix?
Speaker 3: Definite? Don't know what we're talking about right now?
Speaker 1: Ship?
Speaker 3: But what what? What?
Speaker 1: What the google?
Speaker 3: He said? A little D? What is? What is a little D?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That you know what?
Speaker 3: They don't know what's going on right now?
Speaker 1: Just over their head. They need to be told for real.
Speaker 4: They got C G I and all that ship they can probably you feel me though, Put me right where I need to be and you feel me. I'll play.
Speaker 6: I'm just wondering that I was. I wonder who Michelle want to play in the movie?
Speaker 4: Feelmos Slim.
Speaker 3: Feel me?
Speaker 4: Hey man, it's pimping in the bailding. Yes, I don't know, man, shit, you know what?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: That my mind? Probably I don't know what it had to be. Whatever it's gonna be is gonna have to be something never. But I mean, I don't know, blood like you feel me out. I think if I put my mind to it, you feel me. They'll do as Danzel good ass actor. Right, Yeah, so they're gonna be like, yeah, go ahead, get a little season and ship and then we don't want you to come play dan Zel. Okay, but then I'll beach my old nigga? Was he like.
Speaker 2: That speaking of one of our people, that one of the companies that made it possible. Tonight, give everyone give a round the plus for Netflix. Thank you guys. Flex They just released a new series called Quart of Gold that is behind the scenes. Look at the twenty twenty four were Paris Olympics quarter Gold out on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Now let's see, let's see KG you wonted the goal in two thousand.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Back in those days, it wasn't it wasn't really no international stars. It was not like it is now, not even close.
Speaker 6: I don't know if they was as big, but internationally they was what I mean, Chris Manu was younger. You still had guys like Shane Hill, Oscar Schmidt, you had Og Yeah, you had Sabas still playing. You got some uh Man Yasa cabbages from.
Speaker 1: Lucania, you remember him, No Luca and no Jokics though it didn't matter.
Speaker 6: Though it didn't matter. You had Sabas who was thirty five, playing like he was. I don't even know what to call that. He was like a Jokis before. Yo, you feel what I'm saying. And these teams were deeper, bro, and was nice and it was super physical. You know, it's still we in two thousand, bro, so they were still it's still hard files, it's still they playing international. The lanes are wilder. So yeah, we were just in super shape and we were some dogs. So you know what I'm saying, We're American.
Speaker 4: Fuck let them fuck.
Speaker 6: All right, That's how we was going in there. And then let me tell you something. Olympics is all game banger. You go through the village, yo. So I'm gonna go ahead and say something playing gonna say. But yeah, So the dopest part about the Olympics, y'all the day one when you get there. They got a place that only the athletes can go. So you come in the village, Mi Ray Allen, Jason Kidd and Dice walked through the village. On the first day, we go to the game room. This game room is probably about ten thousand square feet. It's got games, it's got everything you can do in here. Everybody is in the middle hitting the table. Every athlete that's in the that's in the Olympics is in this room hitting the table. As we're walking in. It's dorms. It's looked like apartments, like townhomes. But everybody got a Brazilian flag. You look over here, it's the sweetest flag. And this you see niggas and speedos, the girls like it's it's it's it's It's about a thousand people just walking around, walking with a Dominican flag. Porter it's this. We're going here. Everybody hitting the tailor so small dude, you can't even see him. He got a trash can. He's walking, he walking. Finally he gets to this big old bowl on the table. You don't even know it's a bowl. The man dumps about ten thousand condoms in the middle of the thing, and then as he gets out of the way, you can't even see him no more, because after about thirty seconds, it's not a condom in the in the.
Speaker 3: Cracking.
Speaker 6: It cracks so hard. Security got us out of there. It's like, no, you got to get you a lot of hare. And they don't let NBA players in the in the village because so influential.
Speaker 1: So influential, so influential.
Speaker 4: Somebody getting fucked tonight.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: They got us out of there so fast. I'm talking about NBA c You remember horse Horse, I'm a horse. Security He's like, oh no, no, we got each'all out there arm So they will always have the players and all of us like ninety minutes away with the ladies and all that, and then they have the Olympic Village. But it was one of the best talents in my life though. When you come out and you walk out and you represent your country, y'all put the flag up.
Speaker 3: Mare Australia talking that ship, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yo YOI.
Speaker 3: The Nigga Torpedo. It was a kid.
Speaker 6: It was a kid they called the torpedo because he had like a seventeen foot him and Michael fels was talking, Yo, we're gonna smell show.
Speaker 1: The morn made.
Speaker 3: Maybe we're gonna eat your fucking lunch. Tomort Maide, Michael Feler's like fuck y'all were in maryan us sight.
Speaker 1: We was like like what yo? It was?
Speaker 3: It was like almost World War three.
Speaker 1: In the what country was bro?
Speaker 6: We getting ready to walk out, you know, how to intraditional and they hold the camera look in the back. You gotta wait, but it's it's friction back there. Lord, we're finna play, y'all. Yeah, and then they fin the race, They finish, swim, they fin so it's a bunch of it back there.
Speaker 3: Bro. It was like what is this?
Speaker 6: But then I saw Serena and Venus and then Michael I like, oh, were about to get it in anders. Yeah, it was a whole nother field and it had a true like like like you feel me like it was like some true representation like we over here in Australia, we're gonna have to ride as Americans, so we're gonna have to all stick together. But it was a great time because then you come out, you bite and go. You talking that ship, but they talking that ship.
Speaker 4: Too, Yeah, but they ain't biting gold.
Speaker 3: Though they ain't biting gold.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: You know there's levels to this ship that it is.
Speaker 6: Man, it is, and you know what all the athletes man everybody's aggressive. You see them big volleyball Brazilion volleyball players. They looking and you looking at everybody looks.
Speaker 3: Don't nobody know how to speak no language, but you feel me.
Speaker 4: Everybody energy speak energy.
Speaker 6: If you can ever go to the Olympics, go to the Olympics. Bro, it's a boom boom. It's a great experience. It's a great experience.
Speaker 2: You've been someone to win obviously, and we'll get into it later, but you won Olympic gold.
Speaker 3: You bit the goal.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: What what was that like?
Speaker 2: Because like you said, it's not just the NBA, this is the world stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it was.
Speaker 6: It was the one time that we all put out egos aside winning as one common grow to win it. And that was it. Nobody cared who did what Uh, nobody cared who scored. What it was about just winning. Hey, what's going ahead and blow them out? And J kidd shoutt to jkid Man because him and GP was the perfect guards that you had to have to go in like t listen, straight up town business right.
Speaker 1: Two town niggas to GP used to lead the.
Speaker 3: Huddle every night. Look here Maine, we American main Hey man, I don't want to hear.
Speaker 6: No say man, mane we gonna sit down and buy. And that's how he Listen, listen, look at it, man, get on front to get it. Get in front of the trap you found, to get your hand on everything you fell. Slide them, slide them, your fellow, slide them, slide them, turns, slide.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen.
Speaker 3: And I was here for it. I was hit for it.
Speaker 6: Had he had us as here GP and j Kidd had us on ten on ten.
Speaker 3: You hear me, he was on. We was on.
Speaker 2: That was the Olympics that Bence dunked over old boy and hit.
Speaker 6: So listen, ship we had a bounty out on, y'all mean, first cat to dunk on, y'all mean million dollars, So he was trying a million man. We all said first, we all put our hand in there and listen. I think it was Dice myself. It was like six other people that had to you know what I'm saying, Like we catch him Amelia cool, So he was like cool cool, and y'all mean one playing that ship boy, y'all mean was laying man, you hear me trying to lay your ass out? Why he he felt it like, yeah, y'all trying to shoot on me out here.
Speaker 3: He found his.
Speaker 6: Ass out but man with Biz caught, Viz caught the Vince caught the boy in France. He didn't want he didn't want any problems, so I thought he was asking to challenge it.
Speaker 3: It was worse when he know he said at four and he curled.
Speaker 6: He curled up and listen, man, I say he wiped his ass in real time.
Speaker 3: Boy, he wiped his ass with the frenchman. Man. I was like, oh, that man never made it.
Speaker 2: After that, we never heard that man, so he listened. He got drafted the New York Knicks the pick before roun Our Test went roun Our Test thought he was going to the Knicks, but he had a fucked up story where he got drunk and didn't go to the workout.
Speaker 3: They picked the dude.
Speaker 2: That Vince dunked over instead of run around with the Chicago at the next pick.
Speaker 6: So that's what happened to him. Never knew that crowd that acts I think they got. I think they put him in massive square. He was going up and down selling like peanuts or something. I didn't think he actually got a chance to put a jersey on.
Speaker 2: Hey, make sure you guys check out quarter Gold on net sure. Now, yes, sir Marshaun, we know you got to skate real quick. But when you see obviously you hear Jason Kidd, Bill Russell, we're obviously we're out here with our family for Ruth to fight, and they have this collaboration they've been doing. But when you hear legendary Barry your names and then about you're already a legend. But they're gonna talk about you how they talk about them in about fifteen years. But when you hear the legends of the place you grew up in route to fight, is partnering with that?
Speaker 3: What does that mean to you?
Speaker 4: To be honest with you, it's a pleasure, because shit, I think we got something in the works too, So it's more and so like you feel me, I'm just going to this situation where a nigga feel like they belong. Though you feel what I'm talking about. I think the last time we'll talk about it on y'all get down, we'll talk about the Hall of Fame and shit. Yeah, And I told you if it didn't go first ballot, then I was gonna be cool off that shit. So that shit didn't happen, So I'm cool off that shit. But when you could come to a situation like this, sit down with individuals who a nigga that looked up from there's stories about these individuals in your neighborhood. You feel me though where you come from, and then the individual speak your name and the same since like that's where that shit you feel me though the day, That's where it lies for me because then I get to share that ship with people who really know you know what I mean, what it what it means, what it feels like. It ain't know you feel me. Don't like no I say, like no commercial award or like uh yeah, I mean appreciation from y'all feel me motherfuckers who might not appreciate you. But you know, when you get that ship from the crib, you know that ship is genuine. Whether they got to tell you fuck you with it, but you know that they really mean it. It's and it's really real. So that's a great ass feeling.
Speaker 3: They dog doing the cap where ter fight right with Berkeley. Yeah that's what shout out to. Just that's.
Speaker 4: I said, Yeah, that's yeah. Got a little man, little nigga, got a little bit of a couple of things I talk about that I didn't you know what I mean. I just go with the flowing. We're gonna wiggle, how we're gonna win. They got some ship going on with.
Speaker 3: In five years on the media, movie television side.
Speaker 2: What's what? Where should we plan to see you? What's your goal?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: Good question.
Speaker 4: What I can tell you is right now you for show, gonna see me on some more TV within probably like the next two to three wars. Just how the project's been going. So for the next two to three years, spread it over the time, you're gonna see me doing some ship and then it ain't no telling what that shit gonna bring. But I can tell you what you always gonna see when you see it, you gonna see me, and that's this nigga in front you and trying to be nobody else. Nigga. I'm comfortable in my own skin and I'm gonna rock.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna rock.
Speaker 4: So every time you see that nigga, whether you like it or not, you're gonna say, damn, well, that's who that nigga is, and that's what the fuck he got straight up. But thank you, though, big dog man. You know I always appreciate your niggas mans.
Speaker 2: Man appreciate you. Sure ticket man, We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: You are our first. Remember that live in It you in Chicago, All Star Chicago, and you was incredible. And you guys think that he's sweating right now. God that ship was shrunning. Yeah good, I'm good right here. But just your ability to tell stories and the energy you put into the like your I mean, everyone could feel it already, but it was just something special. And I remember that day saying like, Bro, we got it. Let's come on, let's get it together. And this is where we've come from there, from being our first live to now we're working together and making content.
Speaker 3: Man, we really appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: Give it up for Kevin Man. Appreciate you, y'all.
Speaker 4: Dog, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Appreciate you, gosh man. Real talk y'all doing y'all thing. Y'all said in the marks y'all listen, real ship, y'all are the heads of the snake.
Speaker 1: Feel me.
Speaker 6: Appreciate all setting the tone to all the quality stuff that come out.
Speaker 3: How the ship shot.
Speaker 6: How y'all niggas look all the stuff shot the stock x shout stock below shot to everybody seven leagues all that ship bro y'all.
Speaker 3: Out you know doubt But yeah, man, you'll thing, man, yeah, you know what I'm saying. I fuck with y'all real ship. Now we appreciate.
Speaker 2: But five years since we sat down together, you've really made your mark. I mean, one of the greatest basketball players of all time, and you've been able to transition with that same energy and passion into the content space. How much do you enjoyed We obviously was just talking to Marshaun about that. But what does that mean to you? And how much do you enjoy daily just speaking what your truth is.
Speaker 6: You know a lot of stuff, man, it's just share. You know a lot of stuff that my experience is just like anybody else.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: My whole goal is to create a platform so that others that don't have the notoriety, don't have the you know, the wing span or the white span that I have to bring, you know, not only some awareness to it, but to give them a voice. So yeah, I'm just man, I'm in the waves of watching obviously. I love being I love watching the game. I love being in lit call. I love this nuances of basketball, this new lens but I'm also watching how just everything is changing too.
Speaker 1: Matt.
Speaker 3: You know five like talk about your lens though there's always the new lens.
Speaker 6: I think this new lens is it's not what we all programmed to see the game as we got to respect the game as today's game. And I'm just trying to big up the kids and the stuff though, the young guys and stuff that I see in the league that I see it is different from from how we was taught, right and then.
Speaker 3: Big it up.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm not so much in the argument of TV. I'm more in the light shared light.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: I be critical on analytics stuff and stuff that's got to do with skills and all that other stuff. But I like to big up the young bo You know what I'm saying. I ain't hit a you know, doubt snowward on nobody light. You know what I'm saying. I'm here to actually shared lights. So that's what I've been on. Man, I've been trying to change this whole thing.
Speaker 3: I don't like.
Speaker 6: I don't like sometimes when I'm watching no TV, I'm saying sounds personal and then you got people ain't never played the game speaking on the game as if they actually know the experience. So yeah, I think it's very important for us to be on these platforms speaking from the experience more than anything.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 2: Back in the bay, right across the bridge, there was a legendary slam dunk contest.
Speaker 1: Damn that back in the bay. We're gonna say, back in the Bay, you gotta go to straight to how he's supposed to be on our team.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we should have talked to Marshaw. I gotta let that go, man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So we had Yeah, we had the we Believe team out here in the two thousand and six seventh season and we was able to do some ship. But there was rumors, urban legends that he considered playing with us. But he probably made the right choice because we paid the right choice. But we would have corrupted them.
Speaker 6: I called Don back. I taked to Don Nelson. Yeah, we had a conversation with straight up with him. I told him, I said, listen, do it. I'm already doing something else. I'm already locked in. But I see what you're doing. I see the you know, because he really started the high paced small ball for in one out and if you was a post player that was perfect for you. Right, So, if I'm being honest, if Rad didn't go to Boston, I have to consider it all, including Phoenix and all that. But when Ray goes to Boston with p I was like, damn, I gotta actually look at that. Yeah, so I was just looking at it. You know, not guaranteed, but you know it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 6: It wasn't nobody in each other way. Paul was Paula was more small for it. Wave was more too. I was more postal. It made sense, you know what I'm saying. And then too, I ain't go front.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The way y'all played, Yeah, yeah, y'all was wild there.
Speaker 6: I hated playing y'all real ship because because small ball had to either play Stack or Matt or Al and Al was al get the spinning. He was a bowling ball. But man, it was hard to come in here and get a win, man. I remember Church asked me on the way here, like, dude, what's your memories here? I said, Man, they should always come in here being a dog fight.
Speaker 2: I think BD hit a game winner against them, did it here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Remember that y'all had damn pit y'all had all those y'all y'all had what's the little little left?
Speaker 3: What's yeah staying there? Momh man?
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 3: He was so perfect for y'all team don't only rebounding block shots. And I got Hi paid because he catch everything. That's it.
Speaker 6: That's it, that's it. But yeah, shout to you guys, man, because y'all made it. Y'all made it a dogfight to come in.
Speaker 2: But talk about that slam dunk contest that year two thousand, Vince what t Mac, Jason Richardson, No.
Speaker 3: Jason Richon went in.
Speaker 6: There was t Mac stack House, Rick D's, Vince and Steve franchise and Ricky Ricky. It's funny because Eddie Jones throw a lob up to Rick D's and I don't know what rick wanted, but he caught up and he dunked it.
Speaker 3: But his face when he came down, man, he was like, man, this nigga and Jon blew my arm.
Speaker 6: If you know Rick D's, you know exactly to talking about. So we rewatched it, man, we just did something. Playback shout the playback, man, and uh yeah that was that brought up some old marries.
Speaker 3: But that to me before Zach and Aaron, that was my favorite dunk.
Speaker 2: Evince did some ship we never are in the rim the reverse three like and it's classic with you and c Web. They kept they catch your guys reactions to everything so perfectly. But what was the energy like in that building that night, If I'm.
Speaker 6: Being honest, Ja, y'all can actually attest to this, because back in the league it wasn't so buddy buddy and well, but now we was chilling.
Speaker 1: It was cool.
Speaker 3: But in one you feel me like I still had to see him like in the week.
Speaker 6: So right, Jay, y'all noticed, like you didn't really buddy buddy back then, especially if I had to guard you or we had to like so if you see us he said right there, I'm kind of like, oh yeah, yeah yeah, but we kind of like yeah, yeah, okay cool. And then it was still when it started getting like real because Steve Francis set the tone, Steve fans.
Speaker 3: Threw it up and we ain't got them off. Oh shit, hold on, let me see what like the player.
Speaker 6: So we were just and then all a sudden dog next thing, you know, Jay kid, it was it was all vibing and we had forgot that we was you know what I'm saying that we should.
Speaker 3: You know, everybody had their guards up.
Speaker 6: And then I think the actually festival actually help us all relax and enjoy dunks and the creativity. And we was like, oh ship and then Shaq had the big production camera over there and you know what I'm saying, so and it was going you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Timmy who don't ever come out? He was over there clapping, you know what I'm saying. It was active. It was good vibs.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: That was a good All Star game too. Yeah it was yeah, I remember that. But yeah, Evince came out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: That was probably one of my favorite favorite dunk contests of all That was amazing.
Speaker 2: One of the Yeah we're gonna take a little break real quick and shout out stock X.
Speaker 3: I got some gift cards?
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 3: How much money is on these cards?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: Two hundred youth gift cards? You do something too?
Speaker 1: Locked in and laced up with stocks.
Speaker 2: Hey, what year did Kevin win a championship with the Celtics?
Speaker 3: Your hen raise your hand?
Speaker 1: Right? Was that right?
Speaker 4: That's right?
Speaker 3: Two thousand and eight? Here come get your gift cards right?
Speaker 1: Get you another?
Speaker 3: Next question?
Speaker 2: What year did Steven Jesse Jackson win the championship with the Spurs.
Speaker 6: Reggie hen good money, get you another one? You see him right, get money, your money? He again, get money. If you know the answer, key, raise you, run it up, Run it up.
Speaker 1: What year.
Speaker 2: Did my co host go in the stands in Detroit and protect his friend and then teammates.
Speaker 3: The hell of a question?
Speaker 1: What year?
Speaker 3: Raise your hand?
Speaker 2: Balance in the Palace on Netflix? By the way, Christina, Christina, here you you got a right. Okay, we're doing some StockX stuff. I think we got something for you ticket what Yeah, we got something for you complimentaries of stock.
Speaker 3: You've done a number of things for me.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, I know you Matt cool, but you've done a number of things for me coming up. You know when like I told you outside, when you embraced me when I was trying out for the team and they still cut me, but you still kept it real with me. So you know, I'm glad we can get you in and gave you some chapstick.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. I appreciate you Stock appreciate it. We gotta open this.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's a part of the whole. Nate, make sure you get that camera over here, bro.
Speaker 3: How do you even how do you even?
Speaker 1: There? You go?
Speaker 3: See it's like a little alien. Yeah, help me, help me?
Speaker 1: There you go? What I'm doing pulling this out?
Speaker 2: It's all about the presentation, right, But you guess what you guess?
Speaker 1: What you guess?
Speaker 3: They got too many shoes to get what you guessing? I know those back memory what hey, what what is that shoe? What does that shoe mean to you? What does that shoe mean to you?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 6: Look stock, that's part of this little weird ass design. Yo, this my little Batman I deal.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 3: My bad, my bad.
Speaker 6: This is the flight positive I did with Nike and I Need seven ninety eight and we had a lockout year to follow that year. But yeah, this was inspired off of the Batman series. I had an all black pair that destroyed fucking Tim Duncan and fucking Dave Watson. You know what I'm saying. Nothing personal to those guys, but yeah, that's what this was. Shoutut the Batman for the infold. You know what I'm saying, Thank you. I appreciate your guys. Man, Thank y'all. Man oh man, what yeah, that's what's up? Yeah, that's what's up. Yeah, we gotta put these.
Speaker 3: It's just tough. Fly you tell them if I ain't got nothing from stockcast before. Right, it's the hell of a partner, bro. I see that. This is like a whole Xbox.
Speaker 1: Look look at it.
Speaker 3: All right, that's just official.
Speaker 1: Let's fly.
Speaker 6: That's what's up. Thank you guys for that. I appreciate that we got a chance to Uh is he right there?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: One of my favorite stories, you told one of my idols is the story with this man that's coming in right now with my show.
Speaker 6: Yes, sure, heyte judge, all my idols, Guy Rider, big bro right here.
Speaker 3: Boy, Hey, y'all don't even know many. This is my guy right here.
Speaker 2: This is my guy favorite stories And if you guys missed it, you're gonna get it today. So you guys were playing Schuls in Minnesota. No, we was in Chicago, Chicago. It's my first time back the store.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 6: We're back in Chicago. I told you I got like twenty games under my belt. I figured it out. I got my little rhythm. Jay'all's off star for him and Christian Laightner. But we back in Chicago, so I'm just fresh out of high school. We get back and I got like three hundred, probably about three hundred guys in the joint, you know, just they in the house. You know what I'm saying. I got them right here too. They're like a little bowl right here, so i can see everybody coaching everybody. So I'm just in a different energy. My teammate got crashed out and Ronnie, you remember Ronnie. Ronnie was in a bad crash, so i didn't really get no sleep. So I'm running on fumes anyway. Start the game, and yeah, I'm having a decent game, and yeah, I'm just feeling good. I'm just being honest, like we're on some young wow shit out here.
Speaker 3: You feel me? And then that whole thing man uh j r. And it kind of going at it, but Jaya winning that.
Speaker 6: You know, he's holding his own. So I'm just feeling good. Come out to time out and I'm just like, hey, man, keep going. You know what I'm saying, Say you too, man, So I go, man, you're killing a small fucker man, Like you know what I'm saying. I'm gonna come down and I'm just throwing some I'm just throwing some shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He can't figure out what was going on. I'm actually trying to help you, like, dog, can you get the phone on you? Okay? I'm like, lord.
Speaker 1: It was in the ones I've ever heard before music I've never heard before. I said, let me just turn it off.
Speaker 3: You need a minute, and him and MJ are going at it. Yeah, they going at it.
Speaker 6: But in the time I would come out, you know, if I'm being honest, it was just it just in the rhythm of the game. So it ain't really nothing too crazy, but he got it going. So I'm just doing something, keep going tight whatever, right, because you know, it's the bulls. So this is when they was the bulls. So as we going into it, I was like, man, keep killing that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Man woo. So I just kid on by myself. He understand I'm young, and wow.
Speaker 1: He let me.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: So when I go off, he like, so I hear him and MJ talking like yeah, then, ain't nobody really saying that the mic like this. You know, Mike's so heavily respected that you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I'm just on some young bo like so I'm like, yeah, so I double back ball. Ain't out yet? Amen?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, d So when I came back with it, yeah, keep kicking his ass and then try to get out of he was like, what is this saying?
Speaker 3: And then he was like, noah, he don't know how we you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So he was like, y'all better, And then I started them get a little extra aggressive with the conversation. Was like, oh shit, what so he was like, hold on, don't look at me. That's all I heard you say. And when I said that, I saw studying body language, and yeah, the rest is history.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 3: What did he say to get you in the hot seat?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 3: Nah, no, no, no, he was asking. He asked me.
Speaker 6: He asked, y'all what I said? And then Jay, y'all said, he repeated he said, and then he kind of looked at me and kind of put the hands on the hip like.
Speaker 3: What'd you say?
Speaker 6: I said, nigga, keep kicking his ass. You busting this motherfucking ash and adapted when we dat.
Speaker 3: Look and I had to go, you know, I went back over MJ. Had you repeat it? He said? What he say? Then he said he was right there.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the PG version right right, I mean, the yard version is yeah, I mean I used to have good games against Mike. I was quiet though, fact right, because you don't want to make Mike up. So he asked me prior to playing against the Bulls, like, how you be doing against Mike. I'm like, I get my twenty three, twenty four, twenty five, twenty six's you know what I mean? They said, I hold my own all my own. So we play saying and going to the four. I got about nineteen something like that. I'm having I'm having a big right on pace. I'm having a good game right right on Pays. I'm watching it and he in Chicago. He's serving Scottie. He's really all around in that game, one of his breakout games. I feel.
Speaker 3: Get Scotty. So I'm gash.
Speaker 1: I got Scotty in the stands. Yeah, he was on some Chicago Oakland ship. He was hyped to the roof talking that gang of Ship and listening it's quiet. He said, man, you keep going that Mike, and keep going at that motherfucker and Mike right there, and we've been hyped all game, you know, ship. I went past, like dunked on Mike, and I think Robbin or something, right, you know, right, he came through the middle, dumb on bloop looke, Luke Longley, nasty and this way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we was good.
Speaker 1: We was we was talking ship, slapping hands, you know. We wasn't quiet. We was having our right. We young?
Speaker 6: Wow but young and wow but but okay, order half time out store, yeah, absolutely quickly.
Speaker 1: Walk out the time out. Man. You keep killing this motherfucker. Man.
Speaker 3: I hear him right, you know, I mean, I hear you. I look, I'm back when he'll do.
Speaker 1: That, and I'm like, you keep killing mother fuck he can't fuck with you.
Speaker 3: Dog. I was like, I was like, right, right, right, right right, you know what I mean. Mike with a flyer?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: By the way, right right, young dude.
Speaker 1: This is my third season, this is first season. So I'm young too. I'm with the ship, you know what I mean. And that's how I played. So we we vibe right away, you know what I mean. So, but I'm like, man, this Mike Man. I grew up on Mike Man. I remember seventh grade having his shoes on stuff like that. That dude to give you fifty real fast, right, So I'm like, uh right right then he doubled down, triple down. I think say it again, man for the motherfucker right, keep killing this motherfucker man, right, and you know how KG, you.
Speaker 3: Know, he right here, you hear me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: So he ain't giving me nothing, know he like, yeah, right right right, really get off him, don't get pimped.
Speaker 7: So I get the and Mike right here, Mike right here on the back leg. So Mike right here, like on the back leg. He on the back lid, like oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: In the back like oh grandfather to the bubble gum.
Speaker 3: And right there.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. You ought to be in trouble, right type ship? Right, you get the switch right right, switched leather belt on the switch? Which one you want?
Speaker 3: Right up?
Speaker 1: So we walked by and Mike looking at me and looking at KG and looking at me. So my spidery in sticks told me, you know, to go a little closer to Mic and holler at him, right, I said.
Speaker 3: Cool down a little bit, so this way he got that understanding.
Speaker 1: I said, hey, Mike, man, young boy man, he don't really know what time it is, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He don't know the name of the game, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And Mike said Mike an't really paying attention. He hear me, but he like killer mode, so not registering.
Speaker 3: I said, I said, too late.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. You know what I mean? I said, you know, he don't know what you talking about. Man, Just you know if they're talking being you know how it be. Man, You know what I mean. He don't know what's up. You know what time it is. He's like, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: When the game started, all I know is they usually run triangle right, none of that. I'm on him. And it seemed like the shake Catino and Stevie to work. It seemed like everybody disappeared. I felt everything by yourself. I'll buy myself by yourself. Right.
Speaker 3: So he had done that the whole game.
Speaker 1: So he caught the ball. When he did, I don't know where the way. It was a little sign that they had and everybody moved out the way right. He did it four or five times in a row. Bucket, Yeah, found and one and jump. I jumped high. So he is he had that fade away. He'd be leaning his foot like his foot of toucher, you know what I mean. He'd be leaning right, and I'm on my I hit hands and one. I said, damn right, that was about his knife and ten points straight, you know what I mean. So he wasn't done bam, foul bam and hell by yourself. Then he here, he was hitting about two tough shots. He ran off about fifteen sixteen seventeen word word.
Speaker 3: My business y y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was about about fourty. Yeah, he was straight fifteen straight eye sols that we could do noth I come back and we come back. Yeah, we come back. It's a timeout. We out of breath.
Speaker 3: We out of breath, not like like you can hear can you can hear us?
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, this is motherfucking kg tunking ship to my fucking right right, nobody talked to fucking Mike. Man, I gotta guard this mother fucking.
Speaker 3: Man, you know what I mean. That's when he was crazy man, my full jay, my full man.
Speaker 6: Oh good man. I told you shut the funk up. Man, it's Mike Nigga. I gotta guard him. You ain't anybody ship like.
Speaker 3: And then it hit me. I was like, damn, that was real. I ain't gent out.
Speaker 1: There, are you right?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: It was a little defeated Mike talking ship like y'all done. Ya ain't even gonna fight back.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh got it? You got oh yeah yeah, y'all done? Like you got it?
Speaker 1: Man's like, man, I was telling him, may keep busting that niggas.
Speaker 3: He wasn't giving me nothing back. Hey, I want him to give me some okay, yeah, yeah, yeah on some wild ship.
Speaker 7: Right right right, right, like right right, like right right, I got it kg right here, Mike.
Speaker 1: I can see y'all right, we played hoop, right, I can see peripheral peripherals right. So I'm like, right, I've been Mike right there, scene right, I'm like, man, this tripping man like like you know how basketball is? Right? So, Mike was one of them killers? How cold? How I feel Kobe became right, you know what I mean, I've seen you know, like, so Kobe my first three years he was playing behind Eddie. He'd come in and you know, do what he do. I'm already warm. I'm grown ass man twenty five six to twenty to twenty three, right, you know so, but he had a hell of a crossover. He's fast, and he really had that killer instinct. Mike was a different animal together to me right now, I'm not trying to put nobody against nobody close. Kobe is a close thing to come to Mike, period. I think right after Mike as far as that wing play, you know what I mean, That's what I feel. But Mike had a different energy to him, and he had levels. He could turn up two three four levels any reason. You know, some people turn up a level of two. He turned up two three four, right, and it's real. You know. He didn't play with the ball, so he not going to cross you between the legs, you know, like to do today rock drive about four or five times. He's going he looking right at you, and he handling his business quick, intimidating.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: We couldn't even help him because it was like two dribble, pull up, one dribble, pull up fake Jeff.
Speaker 3: It was like, and that's the back when you have to play one on one d you know what I'm saying. It was basic.
Speaker 6: And then listen, if you're at the top of the key and you buy yourself and this island, just think about top of the top of the three point line to the free throw line. Bro, we can't help you. So so it was like it was like it was like it was that kind of bag of work where Jayawards.
Speaker 3: Just had to take. But then we're going to notoh in and you know what I'm saying. You think they letting him beat Jr. They not calling no fouls, you know what I'm saying. And he just eating off that man.
Speaker 6: Bro shot them shot to him yo, because yeah, it was real, It was real and that was an experience.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: Y'all got the numbers from the game that night, so the bulls end up winning by three kg. You had sixteen points, fifteen rebounds. That was recent for the young boy that nineteen Filly Jr. You had twenty nine with seven.
Speaker 1: I told you, Bro, I told you, I told you, Bro, Bro, I'm bro Bro.
Speaker 3: Listen. Oh, I felt like I was a fan. They got to sit on the beach.
Speaker 6: I got to watch one of my favorite players play every night, and then I'm watching them play Clyde Mitch Spree, I'm watching them play.
Speaker 3: You feel me, sh I'm like, man, we've been in the.
Speaker 6: Argument in the barber shop and man jo y'all round and shit might be shaking, bitch, second choon guard in the league.
Speaker 1: Ship, I see it every night. Ship.
Speaker 6: He postioning people up blah blah blah. Man, mother, like shit, I told you had twenty nine. Broad knew that, No, I thought.
Speaker 1: I didn't think. I don't think, I bro that was in Minnesota, the game, but the game.
Speaker 3: That was a Chicago game. Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I looked that up in Chicago. Oh, that was a Chicago that was that's in Minnesota. That's the That's the first game we played. Damnit NATESA stat guy fucked us up.
Speaker 6: Nate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I had twenty nine on Mike and Scottie talked to me.
Speaker 2: When you hear obviously teammate your young boy, but you know one of the greatest players of all time, when you hear these other players that play with you, because I don't think you get the love you deserve when he was doing it. Real shit, you get the fly from your peers and people look at you. What does that mean to you?
Speaker 1: It means the world to me, you know, I think the I think the world of KG and my peers, you know, because I get a lot of love from the piers, from from you, from Stack. You don't even Stacked to the Maryland man. You want of my idols? You know. I met Stack a youngster in the league through Bondzie Wells and been rocking with him ever since. A solid, real one, you know, and Matt been a real one ever since. We've been rocking like a really, really great guy. So my thing is like when I hear the flowers sometimes it's emotional in my own time right because you know, I'll know what it is. You know, you want to be loved, you want to be appreciated, you want to you want to exist. You know the game deserve to give you more. You didn't get what the game deserved to give you. So that parton we gave the game a talking about spree Whales, the Findleys, the miss Richmonds, like Drexler's Da Da d He seen me up close from personal. That was my third season, so you know, I'm not really Here'll tell you they they weren't really going to me. Like as far as play after playoffter play, I was just hungry, but I had some plays they called for me. I wanted to post three, four or five times again, you know what I mean. But at the end of the day, I went and got it hungry after mud. So when I played against these guys and Mitch, it's like a big brother to me. So when I was in high school, he's he's picked me up. I was in eligible in my senior year. He's he was just like, he's rookie of the Year that year. He really just helped me get off my feet and get out of my own head because I was really, really, I guess, depressed and I didn't know it at the time, being able to not being able to play, going to the Nike camp in the summer and not being able to play for my high school. So you know what I mean, I would be looking at McDonald's all American, all that good stuff. So playing against him, you know, in the pros. Yeah, so we played. I used to play against uh uh Tim uh, Tim Hardaway, uh, Chris Mullin and Marshalonis and we saw.
Speaker 3: Who Mars was a monster run tmc hey that that Russian guy was something else. Man.
Speaker 1: I mean I used to have to guard him every day. Miss tricked me here guard Mulin and I guard Marcealonas. And I'm in high school, right, you know, so I'm like two fifteen in high school, six five. He about two twenty three, grown man, different kind of strength before too. Yeah, you know people, you know, kids training kids, I got one quety. You know, I mentor kids, I traveled kids, I coached junior junior ybluh. I do workouts during the week with kids. So you know they got those bands and ladders. Now he was doing that. This was eighty seven, eight eight, take a backdam hey, I graduated. It was like eighty eighty nine. That man was working with bands like with his risk, his forms and doing stuff with his cast and doing stuff like this with bands, right, resistance bands back then, way back then. So I looked over there and he was just he had he was swollen back guard. I said, I said, submiss, you guard him, my guard mother. You know I never played against money, right. I was in the dunk contest of the boys Club. He judged it one time. That time I was around him, but I knew he had that jumper. But he's not as fast and strong as looking as this guy. Right. So I was like, you guard mothery, I reguard mother. He said, nah, you got him. So anyway, it was a battle. He didn't speak, he didn't talk to me. He went straight out of my chest. I'd be right there with him. He he had digg his shoulder. He was left handed, Digga's shoulder bow get a shot off from age six, you know, twelve feet you know those euros back then. But his zuros were really aggressive and powerful. He tried to get your body first. So he was a grown man. And he never said he never said good game, nothing, You're pretty good for a young high school kid. Nothing in courage. It was strictly business, right. So Mitch told me later, He's like, yeah, man, he's an animal. Every day. I got to guard mess. So I just wanted you know, that's what it is. It's funny to me. I was like, man, you are funny. But no. I played at a high level against a lot of so called stars, and Stack was talking about that earlier. I used to kill the stars. I used to love to kill the stars. So that's why I used to did dcent against Mike and anybody. Right. So Daddy Jones is we never had no beef. But he was an All Star every year. Billy was All Star every year. Uh. Spree from you know Stree play the Golden State like, so a lot of my boys they be like, what you're gonna do with They were Spree fans and I you know, and I am too. You know what I mean, But they like, what you're gonna do with free? You know what I mean? Like man, I do that. He had a lot, he was. He was big around here, My boy, he said, questioned me one day and then they rubbed me the wrong way, like what do you mean what I'm gonna do? You grow up with me? You know what I mean. I'm like, all right, So you might have been you might have remember a game, but I gave free forty forty one.
Speaker 3: It was Anne.
Speaker 1: This is many many times a year years. This ain't once. He was an All Star, but I love you spree no disrespect. He was an All Star, but I was the type like, man, they don't give me no love. I'm in a small market in Minnesota. This before a KG you got, you know, I mean, I'm near with with with At that time, they was I didn't know it. I was young. I was picked fit, but they dumping older players over there, no youth over there. Christian later was there right and I got out on here. We we kicked it. But I was by myself right, So I would just go ahead, dudes, because that's just how I played, That's how I am. That's my mentality. I got I been had that dog, you know what I mean? Like even when I led the nation of scoring in college, you know what I mean. Then it's Alan Houston's and calber Cheney's and everybody. You can think a lot of two guards. You know, Sam can Sell, Nick van Naxell, Lindsay Hunter, many many, many many people. I just know when combines combines, that's that work.
Speaker 3: That's that work.
Speaker 1: And forget them cameras, forget them politics. Yeah, you know what I mean. Calber Channing, you player of the year? How you played the year? Average twenty nine? You ever twenty two? And my game looked different than yours, you know what I mean? So I had that mentality, man, So when I got to the NBA, it's the same thing. Like you say, it's nothing changes. You can't have no fear, right and you got to make a name for yourself.
Speaker 2: Ticket one thing you spoke about a lot. You've been very public. Do you think the All Star Game should do a one on one tournament?
Speaker 3: Unrival? Just did?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: You see that dude, he got smacked by Edwards twelve nothing, So you know, one of the best players in the game got beat by I think she was a yambas rookie year, second year player. But what was your thoughts behind wanting to see that one on one?
Speaker 6: So what everybody don't know is that when we watched the three point contest, and we watched the dunk contest, probably even the skills challenge. First off, if someone got a jersey on, he can play. If you walk up and you don't know who this guy is and he's sitting on an NBA bench and he got a jersey on with the pullaways shoes on, get ready like he's on the team. Just because he don't get in the game, don't mean he's a bum. Just because he's sitting on the bench on me, he can't play. He's on the team for a reason. And that was what I was saying. The one on one is more of a branding than anything. So Stewie jumped out there right. The girl who played her probably they knew, we know her. Now you get what I'm saying to you. And it's more players with a bag in the league, in these leagues that you don't even know, bro, it's people that you.
Speaker 1: Ain't even heard of.
Speaker 6: You get out here probably if you know if you call a play foe up fox down, they'll mess that all up. But if you roll the ball out, say put the ball in the basket.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: It is so many cole motherfuckers in our league that can get a bucket at any time. Fuck all the Mexicans and those And that's what I'm talking about. And it not only grows the.
Speaker 3: Player concept in the player brand of himself, but it grows the game.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: Bro a lot of times, Jay all you know this. We all know this.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 6: We used to in practice with a one on one and Bro, one on one is the hardest thing that you gotta have in the league. And did you ain't got no one on one? You can't be in the league. And d after the mismask, guess well, once you get the mismatch, they flattening it out. And that's what I'm talking about, Bro. Did you did y'all see the workout? Did y'all see the girls play one on one? Did y'all see the stages? It was not only captivating, Bro, it was real ball. It was what it was what you went to the black Tops. Do it from the Liberty, Bro Stewie from the Liberty.
Speaker 3: She a beast.
Speaker 6: Short it was her night. Shorty got in there and got to the bag and two minutes it was over. And two minute clean up. Our three, Our three with the with the push broom. You hear what I'm saying, bring them up in the push broom, our three. Let's clean this up. Two minutes, give it time to dry. I'm y'all know the little order me. Bro, this's a Connecticut girl with braids. Bro, she mopped her two minutes man, two minute work. And that's why they're not gonna bring this to the league. It's too embarrassing. Let me tell you something. Basketball. That's that's that's what it is.
Speaker 1: On this stage.
Speaker 3: When you get to professionals, you can't be embarrassed. And that's what it is. But if you wanted the ones, you confident that's what everybody wants to see.
Speaker 6: Were watching any of these uh these All star games this weekend, everybody gonna want to see the one on ones.
Speaker 3: When it comes down to the one on one, the pick and roads play the game. That's cool.
Speaker 6: But sh it, just like when Jalen and Tatum like came in Nigga, you just wan on warning you right quick, hold on, take this work, hold on, bro, That's what real basketball is.
Speaker 3: Take this work, get this work, hold hold on, you come, get this work. Hold on. That's what we want to see, Bro. So you know what, it's gonna be a winner losing that, but that's what it is. That's what it sho. I love that for the women's game too, Bro, now shout out unrivaled.
Speaker 1: I mean great.
Speaker 2: I think the league overall has been a success from from the outside looking in, but definitely putting that one on one game and putting it on the platform, like.
Speaker 3: I want to see that, Kaitlyn Clark, and that's you shootout, That's what I want to see.
Speaker 2: So I think, can we get that done? Cannot you get that done? I think the first thing she wanted to do was if she was going to be in the shootout. From what I heard Kaitlyn Clark, she wanted to represent the w n B A first. That's smart and I think after that smart probably maybe a too or smart that'd be great.
Speaker 3: That's smart. I fox with it, Bro.
Speaker 1: The Ladies Man WNBA man and the NBA used to have one on one back in the All Star Games back in the day, way.
Speaker 2: Back in the day with I remember Doctor Jane played Doctor j That ship was nasty though.
Speaker 3: That was nasty work. But that was that was a China That was a China ship that went.
Speaker 1: Didn't GP and them? And then when they got to like when they first got long, Are you sure they didn't have like some one on ones like like eighty like long time ago. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 6: I don't know, not that I can recall, not that I know of. I remember they used to do three points dunks and on that ship, but no, no, no ones ones. Who the best one on one playing the league right now?
Speaker 1: Kyrie?
Speaker 3: What slow down?
Speaker 2: WHOA?
Speaker 3: I got?
Speaker 1: I got Kyrie?
Speaker 3: I got my Mouthluca?
Speaker 1: I got Kyrie. I got Kyrie and Chris shape. That's Luca.
Speaker 3: He might not miss though he might not even have to play. Luca. You get a shoutout on anybody in the league. You don't put him up there?
Speaker 1: Nah word, not one on one. I put him up there, one on one of the best NBA.
Speaker 3: That's his bad.
Speaker 6: Damn Luca. I got Luca Top three. I got Luca one on one. K D Yeah, Ki got one bag?
Speaker 1: Yeah bro?
Speaker 3: You want Steph steal in that mix?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like Luca Luca Damnar's six seven people think.
Speaker 1: But okay, but when I'm thinking one on one once, if he missed, he cannot guard Gil Chris, he cannot guard Curry. Can they guard him? If they force him to some jays like he do and go left, they can't go on luc A. Lord, he's not gonna go to the rack every time. Six seven broa and he had and.
Speaker 6: He's stepping you back. He don't care, and you can't speed him up. You can't rushing. They put the Morris Twins on, he put a they put a sixth. So one stop, man, we're not doing that. I'm asking you.
Speaker 3: As a player NBA players, an NBA player, but I think you get a style. I can get a stop, Okay. So that's what I'm saying. As an NBA player, they gonna get a stop. I get that. I understand that I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I guess my point was saying that Luca could get a shot over anybody in the league.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He can't.
Speaker 6: So that's why I'm that's what I'm based on. He might not miss, okay, Kyrie, oh no, cod Kle got the look. He Kyle got the deepest bag in the league, him him, Jim and Shade got the deepest bag in the.
Speaker 1: League six seven, Shase six seven, right.
Speaker 2: Shase six seven, Shase signs. So who do you guys, We're gonna have to make every shot. Who do you guys see coming out of the Western Conference this year? Jack listen, man right now, okay see, he's at the time. I think memphisis too you gotta go, okay see right now playing well young.
Speaker 1: I think Dallas gonna make them hey and they're gonna get better. But I'm going with okay see right now, kg, I want to ask this question to everybody. With everybody healthy, so I want to say, okay see healthy.
Speaker 6: I'm going with Dallas, Ben listen, Dallas and in the Lakes now Dallas and the Lakers.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing it because I'm seeing what Hayes is the new Lively.
Speaker 6: If y'all see he could catch a lob, he could, He's gonna block your ship and he's perfect five right and they got the boy connect back man.
Speaker 3: West Side Connect was getting money.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 6: I don't know if y'all watch the Lakers like I like his game west Side Connect Listen, I see what the Lakers doing, Bro, you want a being now seven game series when the boy can beat you, and then he got another boy that can get you into foul trouble, and and and get the whistle.
Speaker 3: Bro, that's all it is.
Speaker 6: Bro, It's gonna listen, my my Crystal Ball says, I got the Lakers and the MAVs in the Western Conference finals. That's gonna Luca can get you to by that's gonna break the internet that you're talking about. You're talking about having a ratings problem. You're talking about having the ratings problem.
Speaker 3: That fixes it.
Speaker 6: And guess what else is reactivated Lakers Celtics. That's reacting. So you think you think Lebron and Luca could play well to absolutely and guess what's gonna happen. You don't even need I see what they The ball hit me out, both of them. This was this was hit me out. I see what they did in Dallas when he was having problems Garden, they brought him, uh the people around. They brought three four dogs. That's what the Lakers just had. Hurt man, they had Vanderbilt, hurt, Vincent was hurt. Austin Reeves is adult man. They got like four five guys that's got pit bulling. He's a dog. They got the new guy who from uh he a country boy, came in and and yeah he a country boy. Here's some Yeah, he came in and gave a five the other day. It looks like yeah, yeah, but I see how they're building it. Hey, listen, that reality show is over. Y'all saw us play together. Okay, put that on the shelf. Okay, now we're back to winning. And that's what it feels like. And then guess what if I don't get off the board. You got off the board.
Speaker 3: So who's coming out the west end? I'm going Dallas because I think ad got something to prove that looks like that look healthy Dallas coming out.
Speaker 6: They got bigs Lively, gefferd Davis and Galford bro longest front line in the.
Speaker 1: Goal a d get the roam around, do his thing a little bit.
Speaker 6: He's back at the foe. Bro, Bro, he's bringing it up. Now he's bringing the ball up. Now, I saw what that looked like. Bro, that's nasty. That is down from the three point. Now, I say healthy, it's gonna be hard to beat Dallas. Bro, it's gonna be hard to beat Dallas. It is healthy. It is because you don't think about what they got around, they got this, You got Kyrie, Kyrie Lean it about Clay still, I won't be surprised.
Speaker 1: So you got Dallas coming out the West too, Okay, so I I love okay, see.
Speaker 3: What about Denver? Nobody talking about down to.
Speaker 1: It at the end when it gets down to it, Like what I was saying with Dallas or Lakers, I don't know if they can get over the hunt.
Speaker 3: They're still young.
Speaker 1: They're still young. Got a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh yeah, okay, seeing in a series with the Lakers, and.
Speaker 2: You know in the series they can go them out or they could lose, they can sweep them, or they.
Speaker 3: Can look Brian, he don't want that. And then I gotta, I gotta, I gotta, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta, I got Okay, I got okay, see over the Lakers, you do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And what.
Speaker 1: They're gonna take us year? They made it to the second round. They going to West the seven dogs seven. You know, you know they gotta get them in five. They can't beat him in seven.
Speaker 6: So since all this Luca tal I guess who got the extra bouncing the stealth just just look like he like say, he looked thirty like you got the bounce.
Speaker 1: Bro. That bounce is serious. Bro, I'm saying he did. He stepped it up, Bro, and then he kind of got that mentality. It seemed to me watching like, Okay, you here, but it's still.
Speaker 3: My high right, just chill, I got you.
Speaker 1: I ain't going yet. Yeah right, That's why I'm concerned. Who's gonna have a rejuvenated bro? Bro?
Speaker 2: So who's coming out the East? Is the Boston back to back? I can't see nobody beating Boss.
Speaker 3: Listen Cleveland. I need to see this cleaning thing, Dedre.
Speaker 6: They got a nice lit The Cleveland Boston series is taking the whole turn now, Bro. DeAndre, the kids, the young kid, Yeah, from one hundred from from.
Speaker 3: The Hall, Atlanta. Yeah, Bro, the cash, Bro, the cash look nice.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 6: I want to see I want to see ten games of that. But I got I'm going. I'm going team Yeah that bus So. I think they got a window of two three years.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before we get out of here, y'all.
Speaker 1: What y'all got? Let me at y'all, Boston. I don't see nobody, Bet.
Speaker 3: Jason Tatum got a chip on the shoulders.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: Season ship, like wholeland place you like.
Speaker 3: Who like making substride this ship to be playing angry a little bit.
Speaker 2: Right before we get out of here. We appreciate everyone coming here tonight. I want both of you guys to tell us what these three people mean to the bay. Jason Kidd, Gary Payton and Hook Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Ja y'all let me go first and I'll let you end it.
Speaker 1: Hook.
Speaker 3: For me, I'm a I'm a South Carolina boy. I'm from the country.
Speaker 6: But his his energy vibrated across and we was able to hear the stories about him being one of the greatest UH playground legends that actually set his feet down here and was inspiration to the to the to these guys out here. So we heard the old stories and then when I got with jarsed to always talk about Hook and just different stories and all that, and we compared him to Ronnie Fields and just with Hood story for Hood story. And then Jason Ken and Gary Payton was everything for me, man, those was my two ogs. They taught me a lot. There was the point guards and all the things that I was able to do in all Star Games and also in Leppinglands. Shout to those guys, man, they want nothing but great, great, great big brothers. To me, man along with this guy right here man now someone saying, thank y'all man, no shit, you hear me from them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yes, sir, yes, sir, jy are you from here? You know, the legend of Hook obviously grew up. You know, GP and Jason were a little bit older, but grew up with them as well. Talk to us about Hook.
Speaker 1: Well, uh, okay, we'll go hook juice. Okay for me, we go way back. So I'm like fourteen, fifteen sixteen, and he used to pick me up, him and b Ward Scottie Vow. They used to gonna pick me up for my project single. We goo hoop up everywhere off for Oakland, Pimont, Frisco. Heyward. We would go everywhere just hoop. And they were so I played a lot of football baseball back then. They were real hoop junkies, you know what I mean. And Hook was incredible. So you talking about five ten maybe six feet two fifteen two twenty at about a fifty point guard skills shot. He was the first dude for me in my world shooting. He's shoot deep like currying them dude, just pull up, you know what I mean, from deep. Super incredible athlete and player and the layers and the story that's behind his life and what he'd been through. So even me being young, not really knowing everything that he was going through, right, I just know that they took a liking to me when they see me hoop somewhere and said, man, let us start coming picking you up where you live at? You know, I told where I live and we were we were rock now, we've been rocking for life. And I was like when I was fourteen fifteen and they were hooped everywhere. So they're like two three years older than me. Right, Hook was so special, so gifted, and so he had that real mentality back then. He didn't want to play against Uh. I thought they were all friends and it's all love. But he would tell me we're gonna go at GP and J kid. You know he was he was. He was that type of dude. I'm young, right, and all I know is GP the big the big dog, you know what I mean, that's big bro, you know what I mean. But this matter of fact, this before this high school, right, I mean this high school going into college, and he was like, look, we're going against those dudes. That was his mentality, right, Like he wanted to play against the best and he wanted to separate himself. So after him uh showing me the ropes him and b wards showing me how it is really introduced me to that. How can I put it? I played in my neighborhood three on three against older men and I played obviously at parks, but they had that real street hood element, you know what I mean. So I'm going and you know what I mean, I'm going and Campbell Village to East Oakland or Rainbow too, everywhere, you know what I mean. And we hooping, you know what I mean, to the suburbs of Peatmont Park and Frisco. We're hooping everywhere. And so they picked me up at nine in the morning. I come back home like eight eight at night. We have hooped, you know what I mean. So I got a lot of love for those guys right him and be Wars. So fast forward when I'm into un OV my senior year. Uh, they asked me and to come live with me. So us being the type of people we are, I had. I had Tarkeny in my junior year. So my senior year I have roling Maximino on. This is a new staff with jay Wright. Jay Wright was up there too. That's a new staff. So I tell them, I'm like, look, I got some people from home. Bakes of the same story. I'm telling you, guys, I love them. They looked out for me and they really used to motivate me in that Hoop. That's why they part of the reason why I switched over to Hoop. And I'm just entitled, can they live out here? Hook? Obviously, you know he had a rough life, and physically he looked rough right, he had you know, he had nons in his head at the time, his teeth was knocked out. He looked real grimy. You know, you wouldn't you know at the time, You're not being funny. I love it, but you wouldn't. You wouldn't invite him into your home and stuff like that if you didn't know that he was a really a he's really a great guy and well spoken, right, but you wouldn't. You wouldn't buy the physical look. And b Warder just got shot at and he was just like, you know, I just want to get out of Oakland, man, you know what I mean. Like, So they came to live with me, and that was my senior year. I led the nation of scoring, and they were the same way motivate me. We'd go shoot, you know what I mean, Like we were shooting, you know, if I missed more than two in a row, like me trying to get to the league, man start missing shots on you know, you know, feed me and we in there getting down and Hook at the time is getting back healthy. Uh you know, he's addicted to drugs and stuff like that. So now he's back up to two twenty. Uh. And I told my team, I said me hook because they you know, I told me could hoop, but they didn't believe it. I said me, hook, can my boy b Ward and give us two more? It don't matter. We're gonna play all start and five and I bet we win, right so you know. And then he started playing in Vegas at North and South Gym, and he made a name for himself, you know what I mean. And uh yeah, anyway, I love the dude. Really meant a lot to me. Means a lot to me. We did a kind of flowers thing back in Oakland a few months ago. I got a chance to see him, and he's a really good guy, loves who has a lot of friends out there and just a one of a kind type of person and he's still here surviving. So you know he's you know, his story, that's the story, right, but you know, you know, since nine, ten, eleven years old, he'd been through some stuff. Nobody in his room has been through and was exposed to things at that age, so you know he had to fight through that. He's been still fighting through it. But you know he's a good dude.
Speaker 3: Well man, We want to thank everybody for coming out tonight. We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Right now, we gotta thank our sponsors, Netflix and stock X.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you, guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday, little Davy birthday, having a birthday, mother bucker, but a wordy square.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Give yourself a round of applause, and let's let's have a good time.
Speaker 1: M hm mm hmmmmmm
Speaker 6: Mm hmmmmm.