Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to Bachelor Happy Hour. I'm Joe and I'm Serena, and we are here today with Jess. But before we let her in, we have a full new season of Bachelor in Paradise and it's a completely different show.
Speaker 2: It's wild. We're so excited to be back. It's been a while. Obviously, we had a long break between The Bachelor and now Bachelor in Paradise, and we have had a whole year off Bachelor in Paradise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nice to have something to talk about again.
Speaker 2: This is obviously the show that Joe and I met on, so we're so excited to watch and recap because it holds a special place in our hearts. But it feels so different this season. I actually am in shock, and we shouldn't be because we had Wells, Hannah Brown, Jesse all come on and tell us that it was a new show, and they weren't kidding. I mean, it really feels like a new show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love that though, and I really like the cast. I think this they really put together a good cast this year. This year, I agree. I think that's regardless of what they do with the cares and the setting, you know, I'm a little sad not seeing it in Mexico.
Speaker 2: But yeah, those pink striped pillows, I'll miss them, the day beds, I'll miss them.
Speaker 1: But I do think the cast is the most vital part of the show, and I like this cast a lot. I think they're good.
Speaker 2: I agree, and I think at its core it's still about Storm Paradise, same format obviously, with just some new elements. We have, you know, a game element coming in, some surprises to come.
Speaker 1: Jealous the cash, jealous of the cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we don't know what's happening with the cash yet, so don't be jealous yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I will say we'll do things a little different on this podcast as well, because we're going to try to get as many interviews and timely interviews as we can, so we may not do a recap every week, more interview style and just talk to the guests about what went down in the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this week we have Jess Edwards who's about to join us, as well as Lexi Young, who I feel like we're kind of very big parts of this first episode, so we have a lot to talk to them about.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, both of them, I would say, Yeah, I forgot how long this episode was because there's a whole lot with Lexi as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're opening with a three hour premiere, and i just feel like a lot to digest. Like, I'm so excited to see all the newness, but I feel like I got to get used to it as well, because it's new location, it's better cameras. Everyone looks amazing. It's like a different format a little bit like there's so much to take in. So Joe and I are excited for the season. We're excited to hear what you guys think about the season, and we can't wait to start this interview.
Speaker 1: We are here today with Jess Edwards. Jess, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: This is your first time on right. You were on an all during Joey season.
Speaker 3: No, no, you guys like, why was I not on the first show?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a great and you were involved in you were involved in the Maria drama of that season. Was Yeah, you had a.
Speaker 2: Lot going on. I feel like we were like, let's just let her be. She's got a lot.
Speaker 3: Going Honestly, I needed it. I needed it after that. I needed like a good detalks from everything.
Speaker 2: To be honest, yes, sometimes like some space and time is good and now you're back and we have that much more to talk about.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited. Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do a little catch up, because I will say, like watching the first season, we don't really the first episode of Paradise, we don't really get a little background. So, yeah, where I live? Yeah? Where do you live? What do you do? And you are from Joey's season?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, so I am from a super small town at East Tennessee. So if you hear an accent, that's where it comes from. But I currently live in San Diego. I love it here. I work remote. I work for a disaster consulting firm. I've been there for four years. It's so cool because I get to travel. But also just same, I was.
Speaker 2: Alting, what's a disaster consulting firm?
Speaker 3: Okay, so everyone always asks that I would.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess that you come in after a natural disaster and consult.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's exactly what we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good deductive reasoning.
Speaker 3: Thank you, that's exactly what we do. You've hit it spout on.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you so? East Tennessee. You live in San Diego. Was that before Joey Season that you moved to San Diego?
Speaker 3: Yes, actually had only lived here for Let's see, when was Joey season. It feels like in million years.
Speaker 2: Ago, it really did, but it was twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, So I actually had only been in San Diego for four months whenever I left for Joey Season. So I'd just gotten here really like fresh city. You didn't know many people. I moved with a couple of friends, so it was crazy to move and then leave and then I'm not gonna lie. I was like at home because I was scared to go with public.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: A little terrified.
Speaker 1: Why why why?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't think I was prepared for all the online things that go into this. I feel like you have a good idea, but until you're actually thrown into this world and experience everything, you just you just have to live and you learn. So I was. I was a little nervous just because all the online hate got a little bad. So I took some time to just get home.
Speaker 2: Yep, did you have any negative in person interactions?
Speaker 3: And I didn't, you know, That's what's crazy. Is like every person that I've ever met in real life. They're like, oh my god, we loved you, we thought you were hilarious, like all these things. And it did feel good that people saw past, you know, some of the drama that I was in and maybe my little two emotional moments that I had, And I think that it did help once I started getting out in the real world and meeting people and saying like, Okay, it's not just the crazies that are behind their phone screens.
Speaker 1: Pre going into Paradise. Who are you friends with from this franchise? Who are you hanging out with? You and Kat are friends.
Speaker 3: Right, we are, but we're more recent friends because she lives in San Diego. We have a lot of the same friends. And we actually ran into each other right before we less were Paradise, and I'm like, wait, I heard maybe you were going, And she was like, wait, I heard you were maybe going. So I'm not gonna lie. She's gonna laugh when she sees this. But I didn't think she liked me the first time we met because we were like in a big group. I was kind of like late to the party. I was like, you know, just super outgoing bubbly and she's like hey. I was like, okay, I'm wanna walk away now. I don't know if she likes me. But then I met her at a baseball game and we hit it off, and then we obviously grew closer. On Paradise.
Speaker 2: It was like, wait, you know you that's gonna be a good feeling too, just coming in and be like okay, like there's some familiar faces here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, But from my season, I'm really close with Leah. Love that girl. She is the only reason I survived. And then I'm really close with Lexi as well. Daisy love that girl so much. Those are those are probably the main girls I talked to.
Speaker 1: The mist Nice Okay, nice, Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, so you get the call about potentially going what was going through your mind? Obviously you had probably like mixed emotions about your experience on Joey's season. Where were you'se your head at?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Honestly, initially I was like, oh my god, yay, But then I kind of had to reel it in real my excitement in a little bit and be like, all right, do you actually want to go through all this again? Like is it gonna be worth it. And I think I kind of just like made a pros and cons list and I was like, this could happen, or this could happen, So what's more important to you? And honestly, you guys are an inspiration. I feel like there's so many love stories that come out of Paradise. I had a lot more hope going into it, whereas you know there was thirty two girls for one guy on the Bachelor. Yeah, so I'm like, there's gonna be more guys that choose from Hopefully I'm gonna know some of the girls there. So it's like I have friends more of a support system instead of going into it not knowing anyone first go round, no experience in reality TV. So I think at first I was excited, then I got nervous, and then I was like, wait, no, I should I should do this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You like you were definitely doing it, like like just like watch it, like watch it, you had Joey sees it. I just I just would be like, yeah, you're definitely. You were someone that was like you're gonna get cast in on Paradise, Like I knew that you were going to get cast in.
Speaker 2: Were you surprised though when they asked you at all.
Speaker 3: Honestly a little bit, because I will say, this is my first podcast, Like I wasn't really asked to do much after which, you know whatever, it's fine. But I was like, maybe maybe that was my one and done. Maybe they're like, you know what, we thought she had potential, but let's just let's push her to the side, get rid of Yeah, I get her out of here. She's not cut out for this.
Speaker 2: So in the conversations leading up to going to Paradise, were you made aware that it was going to be a new Paradise, new location, lots of changes.
Speaker 3: At first, they didn't really tell us much. I think they were letting us like kind of get excited about it, and then they would start dropping hints like well, it's actually not going to be in Mexico this time, and we're like, well wait what. And so closer to the time of leaving, we got a little bit more information and I was popped. I was like, you know what, I'm ready. I feel like it needed a little revamped and it was amazing. When I walked in and saw that resort, I was like, we got swim up wolves outside of our room. Apparently ac was like a big deal. I didn't know that was such a luxury, but apparently it is.
Speaker 1: My bed was essentially outside. It was like on a porch outside. It was a single and every night before I would get in there, it would be like four am on no sleep, and then I'd have to wipe off the bugs that had landed on my bed and like that.
Speaker 2: There was one day Abigail and I shared a bed and we went to sleep and we were we were in a big bed that we shared, but it was in front of this like I don't even know, like a patio. Essentially, we had like a walkout deck that was fully open, and it was raining and it was windy, and I was like, I'm getting wet, like the rain is no I would die.
Speaker 3: I would die. I would like. There was a crowd in my room one day. I'm not kidding because the.
Speaker 1: Way huge.
Speaker 3: It was huge. I was like there was a fly that had flown in and I was I will never forget this. I was standing on the bed and I had a towel and I'm like whacking this thing. So I jump off the bed and I'm getting a paper towel to get the dead fly off of the floor, and as I go down, I just hear like looking and I just see something coming at me on the corner of my mind. It was a crowd, literally this big. It was huge and it's a little pictures were coming at me. I screamed. I was like, all right, I need someone in here now because I'm not sleeping in this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we lived. We lived with those and all over friends. There was I will say that's one thing that like there was a campiness, and I would say like we kind of all bonded over the fact that we were living.
Speaker 2: Like a dull summer camp a little bit more because we had like a girl doing boys wing, so like whereas this feels more like very resort forward.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it was amazing. It was amazing. And she was like this is next level. I mean, she was like, this is night and day. You guys don't understand how lucky you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because her and Justin would have been the only two at this point that had been there before that. Yeah, yeah, they would be able to kind of compare and contrast.
Speaker 1: Okay, so going going into Paradise, now you've agreed to go, what guys are on your radar if any.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I didn't watch all of GEN season, but I watched the majority of it, and I figured a lot of the guys would probably be from her seat. And so right off the bat going into I was like, I really hope Spencer's there because he is adorable and he just seemed like such a good guy up there for the right reasons. We love to say that around here. He just seems like he had a good head on his shoulders, like he wanted a serious relationship, and obviously he's hot. So I'm like, yeah, I would love to see that guy. I also was like, Sam's cute, you know, I had about Edit. He had about edit. Maybe there's more to him. So he was he was on my list, But I literally like, I will never forget when I saw Spencer on GIN season and I was like, oh, yeah, I really hope that there's paradise and I really hope that he's not with Jin because I want to meet him.
Speaker 2: Wow, you have a good picker, obviously, because you guys kind of hit it off right away, like your instincts were right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did. When I walked in, I was so nervous, and I remember walk in and you know, first I'm just like, oh my god, nice to meet you. Then I asked who got there first. He was the first person that arrived at Paradise, and I'm like, a perfect opportunity. The Wilder turned and I'm like, you want to give me a tour? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was good, that's a good movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. So he shows me around and then we had a little chat and it went so good. Honestly, talking to him kind of relieve my nerves because he is just so outgoing. He made me feel so comfortable. I felt like we just really hit it off. I don't know, it was like it was weird, but at first I was like maybe I don't know if there's anything there, Like maybe it's just gonna be friend vibes. But I'm really gonna try, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: I feel like he typically would have been a shocking choice to be the first one down. I was gonna say the first one down on the beach, but I guess the first one to the pool, to the pool, to the pool, because I feel like it's typically like you know, a runner up or you know someone who had like a really really big storyline and there's yeah, but I actually feel like he was a great pick to be the first one down there because he's such a yapper and he just had the ability to kind of walk around and like chat to himself for.
Speaker 1: Like we were watching it, you said that I wasn't. I didn't think anything of him the first one.
Speaker 2: Really I would have, I guess if I was like betting on it, I would have expected Cat, like maybe like Cat because she's kind of like a Returnersturn or Justin like someone that was returning, or like a Jonathan or Jeremy, someone from like one of the most recent seasons who went like past hometowns like made it. But no, I liked it. I thought it was he was great.
Speaker 3: I feel like his personality wasn't shown a lot either on the Gin season. You didn't really get to see and who he was. So that was another thing talking to him like five minutes in the conversation like Okay, wait, he's cute and he has personality. This is perfect.
Speaker 2: He has such a personality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, anyone anyone else on that first day that you were talking to that maybe we didn't see.
Speaker 3: I had a good conversation with Jonathan on day one, but it was just I knew right off the bat. I was like, this is just this is just such a fritten vibe. But I also had met him before, I'd met him twice I think before, so I kind of already knew it was probably just gonna be friend vibes. But I was like, you know what, we're here, like I'm gonna have a conversation with everyone, and it was really good. But yeah, no, I was like it was day one. It was just Spencer.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, no, down there had kind of like met you know how there's always people that you're like, oh, yeah, I've met Jonathan, like this person knows this person, Like was there someone down there that it's like, oh yeah, this person kind of like knew everyone, or was it feeling like a lot of you guys were meeting for the first time.
Speaker 3: I do feel like this I didn't really I didn't meet any of the girls for a grand season prior. I don't think. Yeah, no, I hadn't met anyone. The only person when I walked in that I had that I knew Lexi girl wise, and then I had met Jeremy and Jonathan. But everyone else, I mean, I think obviously the books that were on the season together. They obviously all knew each other, but none of them had met many people either. I felt like it was nice because we were all just like getting to know each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's nice too. Did you ask anyone for advice before you went down to the What are we calling this? I can't say down to the beach, I say to the beach, down to the beach?
Speaker 3: Bea No. I wanted to just well, I did ask Kat a little bit. I'm like, girl, like you went through it on your season. You she dated a lot and then ended up getting engaged, so like, honestly, this is the perfect person to talk to. And she was like, you know what, I am going into this completely open minded. I want to have a new experience. So she gave me some good advice, but she was like, I think that you know, this is going to be a whole new show. It's a new location. I think that we go into it and we just have not too many expectations and figure it out when we get there. Are girl, you do it?
Speaker 1: What is that? What do you guys? Did you guys know about the games before you went? Like that, you guys are going to be partaking in like clu. So when that gets when that gets introduced, like Jesse kind of like he doesn't really come out and say it, but he kind of like hints towards you guys will be doing something right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wait, I wrote down the exact quote because I think.
Speaker 3: It was like a compatibility.
Speaker 2: He said at the end, we will be offering this the best and strongest couples a life changing opportunity, and that's kind.
Speaker 1: Of all the Yeah, okay, so what are you guys thinking? Because I would probably just think like, oh, like if you if you wind up together, maybe they're going to send you to Italy or something.
Speaker 2: Exactly what I saw then that I hear like life changing opportunity from Bauchaum'm like, all right, so we're going to get in the next free Grease trip Like who's next on that? Yeah? But yeah, he comes in and you guys you were there for the challenge right or the game. They called it an informational activity. I thought that was such a wild choice for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really really strange choice of words there, Jesse.
Speaker 2: So scientific, Yeah, first information activity.
Speaker 3: We're all just like.
Speaker 2: So how did that go?
Speaker 3: Honestly was so fun.
Speaker 4: We we walk out and there's all these silhouettes of us, obviously, and it's so funny too because they were life size, you guys.
Speaker 3: They were like our exact heights, so obviously, like I hit it off with Spencer day one, and we had these stickers that we had to put hearts on who we liked, what was on their silhouette or winter, And of course I see the tallest one there and I'm like, that one's getting it hard, like, but I knew right off the bat which one was his, because he's John normous.
Speaker 1: Are you is he talk Are you like, is he talking to anyone at this point? Like, is he like bouncing around?
Speaker 3: He was talking to everyone? Yeah? I think you know, I was really only I think I talked to everyone, but I was really only actually interested in Spencer, and he was talking to some of the other girls, Like I remember, like seeing him talking to Kat. I was like, damn, this sucks. It's okay because there's gonna be a lot of this. I just need to walk away.
Speaker 2: So we do see you kind of end up in like a bit of a love triangle because Sam m comes in on his motorcycle.
Speaker 1: But before sam M comes in, though, Dale Moss comes in because Belle's Bell's a later drop. What was the what was the vibe when he comes? Because what we see is kind of like finally, like a man's here, Like Dale shows up on a Yeah.
Speaker 3: All the girls were huh. When Dale started walking towards we all were like, wait, who is that? Who is that? And then I think it was either Cat or Zoe either like oh that's still Moss what no way? Yes, who I mean come on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah yes, And but he's not really my type. So I'm like, I'll talk to him, but I don't know. And also I'm twenty six and he's like thirty six. I'm like, he probably is not gonna want to talk to me anyways, but you know, I'll talk to everyone, so we'll see what happens. But everyone was so excited seeing him walk in. The girls were like, oh, here we go, this is paradise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it got a little serious and competitive for a minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't even think I talked to him today. He got and I was like, I'm gonna just I'm gonna let them. Yeah they can, they can, they can do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well so far, like what like you and Spencer like right now, I'd be like Okay, you guys are are going about just in a smart way because you're both into each other, and you're really like.
Speaker 2: You're pursuing you. Yeah, you'reoth seemed to be like putting in a little work, seeing where it could go. Okay, so Sam m comes in, what are you thinking?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you guys, I'm not even kidding. I'm like the two guys I was interested in right off the bat. They literally were like, here's your silver platter. Jess, Like, whoa, this is gonna be a much better experience for me this time.
Speaker 1: And they're both into you. Yeah, they're both into you. And these are the guys that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, wait, and they're both interested in me, little me. This is crazy.
Speaker 2: You're like, we've done a serious one eighty from the Bachelor here.
Speaker 3: Oh one, one eighty three, sixty, literally all the numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fluffed you upside down? You're you to a new country.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I was super excited, I think in walking in, like everyone was like, oh, I think he's gonna take Jess, And I was like, why does everyone think that? Right off the bat everyone was saying, Oh, he's definitely gonna take you. Really, why I don't I do not know.
Speaker 2: Was he like looking at you a lot or something like what was I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I notice it.
Speaker 1: I think they would. I think they would assume that just because like you're both from like the South.
Speaker 2: And I think that was maybe just thinking like you're probably you seem like, yeah, yeah that's.
Speaker 3: Not That's what I think too. But everyone kept saying that and I'm like, no, like I don't know, but then he did. I think he pulled me first for a chat. So we talked, and I kind of was getting the vibe after the first conversation, so I'm like, we're gonna we're going to do this the right way. I don't want to make anyone upset, so I immediately pulled Spencer. I'm like, when I go for your little walk on the beach, and he's like, yeah, he already knew what's coming. And honestly it was good though. I think that it was like, Okay, I want to see how he reacts to this, because it's, you know, two days in. If he's like, heck, no, you're not going on that date, then that's kind of like the red flag flag. It was like it was a good test to like see what his reaction was gonna be see how he handled it, and I remember I was like, so I don't know if he will, but he might take me. How would you feel about that? And the first thing he said, he was like, well I want someone who cheated me, and I go, oh shit, Like I remember in my head, I'm like, oh, this is not going to go well. And then he was like, but you know, it's day two. I think you should go. That's what we came here to do, and he's just like the sweetest guy ever. He said, yes, yeah, it was. It was. It was at first I'm like, oh god, oh where is this going? Where is this going? But then it was like, oh, you should one hundred percent go. We're day two, and like we are completely different people, so you need a what you like, you should go if he asks you. He's like, I think he definitely is no question to ask. He's gonna ask you. And I'm like, okay, all right, well we'll see. And then obviously he ends up asking me, and it was actually I say he asked me, but he actually didn't even ask me, which was interesting. So he's just like age as khm here and kind of like summons me over and like Okay, we start walking, and then we're getting farther and farther away from the group and I'm like, wait, so what are we doing right now? He's like, oh, we're going on a date. And I was like, oh, right now. I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: That he was Officially that doesn't translate in the episode. Yeah, that's no, that's so funny that that's how it went down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how it went down. It was so funny. I was like, oh, okay, I mean I'm in first one on one. I was pumped.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't even care what we're doing. I guess am finally getting to go on a date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah. You never had a one on one date, didn't you know.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I got extra time after a group date when we were in Spain on Joey's season, but I never got one on one with him. So I was like, oh, yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: And what did you think of the date?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Activity wise, connection wise, it was an interesting activity.
Speaker 3: I'm like, leave it to me to get the shaman.
Speaker 2: There's always one of it to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, leave it to me to get the shaman date. No, it was fun, it was interesting. It was a little weird. Also, it was like, I had a ten minute conversation with this man two hours ago and now we're in the middle of the Costa Rican jungle in a shack with shaman. So it was interesting and we kind of had to like deep dive into our past right off the bat. And I could tell that he was I don't think he was nervous, but he was definitely just like a little more reserved. And I'm very outgoing and I'm like, so it was is interesting trying to like get him out of his shell. Especially comparing him to talking to Spencer and spending all my time with Spencer day one. They are so different. Their personalities are very different. Spencer is very outgoing and bubbly and Sam's more like I'm gonna be chill and I'm gonna be laid back and I'm gonna sit here and do this activity, you know. So I feel like I did a good job bringing him out of his shell. And just like we're doing this, let's write down our trauma on this paper and throw it into the fire.
Speaker 1: If if this was a date, if this was a first date in the outside world, no, you wouldn't have followed up with him like you think you go on a second.
Speaker 2: Date activity aside, Yeah, at the.
Speaker 1: Activity, like Spencer's not there. You connect with Sam, you meet him at a bar, and then you guys go out for a first date, and after this, would you have seen him again?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Those are very different.
Speaker 3: We are very different, Our personalities are very different. So nothing against him. He's so nice, And I just think that when I'm in the real world going on dates and I'm looking for someone, I want someone that's like matching my vibe, my matching my energy, and he definitely is just a lot more reserved than what I usually go for. So honestly probably not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need someone a little more like upbeat and extrovert. I thinek he needs someone more like mellow and like.
Speaker 1: Yea yeah, and then you didn't necessarily get the greatest at it, but Sam got like Sam was basically the villain of his season. Yeah until like the finale, but was still the villain and did get a lot of hate. Is there a part of you that was hesitant to even really want to get to know him because of that?
Speaker 5: Because like, no, honestly no, because I the last thing I wanted to do was judge anyone, because I also didn't have that great of an edit, like you said, like, let's elfant in the room.
Speaker 3: Here, wasn't that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you didn't have that, is there a part of you that's like, fuck, do I want to really double down here and have too bad at its? Roll it out of him?
Speaker 3: Great, that's a great point, but no, I didn't even think of that. Really. I think that I was like, I didn't want to judge anyone because like, obviously I know me and I know what America saw, and I'm like, that's like that's just not me, Like there's so much more to me. So the last thing I wanted to do was do that to someone else. Yeah, So I think I was like, you know what, I'm gonna get to know him. He is an attractive guy. Let's see if I like his personality, and he had a great personality. It's just not He's just not who I go for. That's just not we. That's that's all there is to it.
Speaker 1: I believe you. I believe that you're being honest right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, some people say shit and I'm like, I think you're lying, but I think you over.
Speaker 3: There I'm talking to you.
Speaker 2: I think I do love that Paradise does act as a fresh start for so many people. And obviously, sure, you know, sometimes hard to not have those past edits in the back of your mind, but like, I feel like you very quickly get to know the person for who they are in front of you, and like that's on everyone to have a second chance.
Speaker 3: I think that was like my biggest fear going into it. It was like, oh God, people are gonna judge me. They're going to think she's insane, she's just wants to be in the drama, whatever the case, like whatever judgments people had. That was my biggest fear. I was like, I just hope that people give me a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. How was the conversation then after the date with Spencer and was it? I mean, I'm assuming the way you're talking now, it seems like it was kind of an easy choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think in the moment, I was like, oh my god, Like I was freaking out. I was a little nervous, like, oh, I don't want to I don't want to upset anyone, but like maybe I should have conversations Like I didn't want it to be like, oh, well, thanks for the date, but bye. So I was like, you know what, I'm gonna have conversation with him tomorrow. And then we had conversations, but I was like, yeah, no, the entire time I was thinking about Spencer. I was like I couldn't wait honestly to get back and be like it was fun, but I miss you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You guys just had that instant connection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it like makes me cheat. I'm like, calm down, girl.
Speaker 2: So it was a little less love triangley than maybe it seemed like it was. You had the two guys after you, but you weren't dealing with like a lot of internal conflict about.
Speaker 3: What to know. I it's so funny because even like that night, I remember I was a little feeling like a little bit torn after the date, and then I was laying in bed that night and I was like, no, there's just no comparison. I was like, no, no, no comparison.
Speaker 1: Who in your mind now? I would say, like, you know whatever, before the rose ceremony, who's the strongest couple do you think right now in the house if there is one or a few minute because because from a viewer's standpoint, from from watching it, I would say it's you and Spencer and then like maybe Bailey and Jeremy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, that's that's exactly what I think too, not to my own horn, but yeah, I think that means Spencer definitely. We just hit it off the bat, and like I even one of the girls even asked me. They were like, did you guys know each other before? And I was like, no, we followed each other on Instagram and that's it. Like I never am in person. Hey, I slid up on a few stories and I was like, your dog's cute.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, but no, like we're not conversing, We're just like a cutie replies here and there, Yeah, truckling get a little inst Like I never asked if he was going because I wanted to be shocked.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be I wanted to be surprised whenever I walked in and I was like, oh, okay, this person's here, this person's here. So I didn't want to ask, but yeah, I remember. I remember one of the girls they were like, wait, so did you guys know each other before, because it's kind of giving you did, And I'm like.
Speaker 2: WHOA said that?
Speaker 3: Don't spread that rumor I do not need rumor spread this early.
Speaker 2: Who said that?
Speaker 3: I think it was Zoe maybe that asked me that or made that comment, and it was it was funny. I was like, no, please, also, please keep your thoughts to yourself because I don't need rumors spreading this early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seemed like there was three love triangles in this first episode, or like love triangle ish with you Spencer and Sam, Bailey, Kyle and Jeremy which again kind of ish of a love triangle because it seemed pretty obvious Bailey and Jeremy had a really good thing going. And then Alex, Jonathan and Ricky Where did that love triangles?
Speaker 1: And yeah, because there's a lot not to cut you off before you answer the question, but Jonathan definitely comes across on this episode of like I'm not really trying.
Speaker 2: That was the only love trying grows, Like I actually don't know who Alex is going to give her rose to. But did you guys feel like you you were confused or it was obvious?
Speaker 3: I honestly, this sounds so bad, but I really didn't pay attention that much to what other people were doing.
Speaker 2: That's fine, that's there's so much going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I do think I like Day of Rose ceremony, we all kind of knew, were like, she's gonna give Alex was gonna give it to Jonathan right like, there's no Yeah, I don't think there was a question there. Bailey, though, I feel like a little bit up in the air, but I kind of could see that she was leaning more towards Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting any other surprises at the Row ceremony.
Speaker 1: I think I can give you Goes Home. He has a hard time. You kind of feel bad for him, seem well. And he was also the first guy that got you know.
Speaker 3: Everything. I know that that actually broke my heart seeing hawakeim go week one first Row ceremony. I love him so much. He is just like a ball of energy, like brings a light into every room he walks into. Literally love that guy, and it was it broke my heart to see him leave so early on. And I think he was he was really trying with Bailey, but she was already kind of, like you said, in a little bit of a triangle, and I think like just adding someone else to the mix, she just couldn't She couldn't. Yeah, she couldn't give her attention to that many people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we saw a quick conversation between the two of them where he was like definitely putting himself out there, and the vibe from her was just giving, like she was not, yeah, receiving it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it was really sad to see him go and all so Kyle. I love Kyle, Like he was so sweet. I didn't know who he was when I walked in. I was like good and he's like what did he say? He's like I'm Cowboy Kyle or something from Katie season and we're all like okay, And I was so sad to see him go too. I feel like he's such a good guy And it was really sad. And Bailey was super emotional having to choose, like I fell for her a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it happens, though, you know, is always.
Speaker 2: Hard because you're just like, oh, like you feel bad for the people that get sent home. They got so little time, and you always kind of wonder like had they sayed another week, like would someone have come in and they would have had this amazing connection, but just how the cookie crumbles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I have I have a question what happens when you guys are done? You're done filming, you go into your hotel room. Is that how it works? You go into your room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we get to go. Yeah, we go into our hotel room and we have room service.
Speaker 1: And you have room service.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean we have room service.
Speaker 1: Is the fucking season?
Speaker 2: We had our We had our like the counter that you go up and order food at, but you could also get like it in takeout box.
Speaker 1: I guess that's true. I guess that's true. Who was your roommate, Alexi?
Speaker 3: Lexi was my roommate. I was so pumped to have her. I was like, thank god, did you get to choose?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was just gonna ask.
Speaker 3: We didn't get to choose, but we're like, they kind of put two.
Speaker 2: Together, Okay, they tried to pair people up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they could see who was like the closest and who was like more friendly with each other.
Speaker 2: So you and Lexi were obviously friends. And that's when I see you guys got to share room together. Who on the cast felt like they were not friendly with each other each other?
Speaker 3: I don't know, there's no one. Honestly, I was so shocked that all the girls got along pretty well. I mean, yeah, unless I'm just oblivious and missed it all.
Speaker 1: Well, you'll be you'll be you'll be shocked. I'm sure you'll be shocked though when you watch it back then. Really well, not in this episode at least, I don't think so, but like I'm sure, like during the season, you'll be like, oh, I didn't realize she said that. You know, Yeah, that's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Probably gonna get my shilling shirts you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll get over it. It'll be all right, you'll be fine. Before we let you go, we see the super tease, a lots going on. You see a lot of people upset. It seems like Dale gets into it with hot Shah. But I think the big I think the biggest, you know, the biggest thing that we see that's that differs from any season of Paradise is there's a big bag of cash. You can't really spoil anything, but what could you tell us?
Speaker 3: Let's see how can I word this? You definitely get to see what people's true intentions are.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay. I love that our theories obviously that it kind of ties in with this opportunity that Jesse's teasing. But I feel like so much newness unfolded in this episode, and there's still so much to come with the Goldens coming.
Speaker 3: Is so much like with you, guys. I am so excited for you to see it all unfold. It's so good.
Speaker 1: Would well look what would you have that effect? At the end, it was it was saying yes to my engagement or yes to a half a million dollars.
Speaker 2: I think we both know what I would have done. I would have been like, I'll take the money and then we'll split it on.
Speaker 3: The d L.
Speaker 1: No, if we gotten, if we got caught doing that, we go to jail. Jail Jay, just thank you so much, Thank you so much for coming on. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you guys for having me. This was so fun.
Speaker 2: This was so fun and I'm sure we will see you again soon.
Speaker 1: And to all our listeners, thank you guys for tuning in the Batchler Happy Hour. Make sure you download and subscribe to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for listening. Continue to tune into new episodes of Bachelor and parodies every single week, as well as new exclusive interviews on Bachelor Happy Hour.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening. Bye