Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates Law dot com.
Speaker 2: Randy is on the phone today for a first day follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Rose. And I really hope that they go out again, because Randy and Rose a double Randy. Before we find out about your date and why you think you're getting ghosted? How long has it been since you talked to Rose?
Speaker 3: It's been It's been about a month.
Speaker 2: WHOA.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just was like, you know, a week or two is understandable, but after about a month, it's like, Okay, I think I did something really wrong here some things. I just you know, I really want to find out what what happened.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Sure, so we know you're getting ghosted, we just need to know why. But if it's been a whole month, why do you want to still get a hold of her.
Speaker 3: There's just something about her.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm a podcast here and I and I had to reviews on movies and stuff.
Speaker 4: And she commented on one of my stories on the podcast and we just got talking and there was just such a strong connection that I just I couldn't like, oh, I can't stop thinking about it, I need to know. It's like, everything seemed so great. Why why did disappear on me?
Speaker 6: Like something?
Speaker 2: Tell us about the date?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 3: So we got to.
Speaker 4: Talk in and I found out that she lived close by. I had a movie I was reviewing. It was a horror film, you know. I asked, hey, do you want to do you want to go to this movie with me? We can get drinks at the bar beforehand and everything like that, and she was down and I was like, that's perfect, and you know, everything went off without a hitch. We went to the bar, had a few drinks, and I'm a movie buff and so finding someone that is also passionate about movies, the conversation flows so perfectly. We had a few drinks, really getting along. We went to the movie early, we were ready. The movie was pretty good, and again there was a horror film, and so she did get a little scared.
Speaker 2: And did she jump into your lap at any point or your arms?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, there was one moment. There was one. There was one really big scare moment, you know the jump scares in movies. Yeah, so that's the big.
Speaker 4: Jump scare moment. And she grabbed my hand really tight. Then and it just it felt really good. And I was like, you know, she might not be into horror films. Yeah, but I kind of like the he's a little scared. She's like holding on.
Speaker 2: Did she keep her hand on or take it off?
Speaker 4: After well, she grabbed my hand really really tight and it actually hurt how ground it. But after that it was kind of like deadpans. She's like, nope, done, and I was like, oh, I guess, I guess that was too much.
Speaker 2: Was one of the best feelings for me, at least when I've gone on dates before to the movies and is it's a scary movie. They jump and grab your hand and then they leave it there on your hand.
Speaker 3: You're like, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So then she asked, She's like, I need to use the restroom, and I was like, okay, okay, go ahead, do you think Then ten minutes go by, twenty minutes go by, the movie ends, I'm like, Rose, where are you?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: And so it was like kind of weird, just like everything seemed to be going so smoothly and then out of nowhere, you just disappear on me, Like did she just bounce? Yeah, she just bounced, And so I like you know, at first, I was scared. I was like, is she okay? Did something bad happen? Where did she go? But you know, text, you know, callback, no, no, nothing, And I thought about, you know, because I wrote the review it was an okay movie, But I thought about like mentioning something. But it's like, I don't want to bring anything up on my podcast.
Speaker 2: Do not bring a date today? This movie?
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, not a data movie is a movie for friends, you know. So I just am at a loss, and I just I really just want to know what did I do wrong? Because if I did something incredibly wrong, I need to know because I don't want to miss out on another another person if she's done, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I mean, are you sure you don't want to just cut your losses? I mean, this girl bounced on you in the middle of a movie, which should be a red flag to you, and is not responding in a month, which should also be a red flag to you.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nine times out of ten, i'd be like, all right, it's over, it's fine.
Speaker 4: But there was just something about the way we connected over our love of movies that I was like, I can't I can't let this go.
Speaker 2: I just can't well, which I figured out. Man, We'll play a song come Back, and then call her and see if she answers, and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and why she's skipped out on the movie, and then maybe get you another date if you still want them. Okay, yeah, yeah, all right, we'll play a song come back to you first, Ay, follow up next. I'm really interested in finding out what happened to Rose. Rose is the girl that Randy went out with for the first eight follow up. Today, we're about to call her and ask her why she's ghosting him and see if we can get him another date if he still wants one after he finds out the reason. But Rose just took off in the middle of their date. Randy, why don't you recap the date real quick to refresh everybody's memory before we call her? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: So I met Rose via a comment on the podcast that I work, and we hit it off. I thought we had grab a couple of drinks before a movie that I had a review, had a drink, great conversation, great start to the movie.
Speaker 3: In the middle of the movie, for some odd reason, she said she had to.
Speaker 4: Use the restroom and just never came back, and I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: It's like scary or heartbreaking or both. All right, we'll try to figure out where you're going to call the number right now, see if she answers, and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting. Okay, you ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, Man, I speak to Rose please she Hey, Rose, how are you? My name is Jubal and I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show. Hi, Rose, this is the show too. My name is Hi. I'm Victoria.
Speaker 3: How you Hi?
Speaker 5: Guys, It's fine, I guess, Oh my gosh, the show I do.
Speaker 2: I do you appreciate that?
Speaker 4: Rose?
Speaker 7: So why are you calling me?
Speaker 3: I guess like.
Speaker 2: We're just wondering why you ran out of a date in the middle of it. Oh my gosh. This is the first date follow up and Randy about you, cause you guys went out and you were at a movie and then you went to the bathroom and you were gone. You have talked to him since then. Randy is wondering if you would tell us the reason that you're ghosting. It well, we're glad to hear you. Okay, little bit.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: No, okay, so, oh my gosh, I have no idea like what he may have shared with you. But yeah, I mean I know I know the show, and so I okay, we're going to talk about this. Okay, what did he say? I mean, what did he say? Because I love the date? I mean I absolutely loved the date.
Speaker 2: Why did you leave it?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Well, like, first of all, Randy, I don't know, you know, if he mentioned that he's a podcaster so kind of like you guys, like he's on the radio and has like this really sexy voice, he was even sexier in person. So like we would help for drinks before our date, you know, and I'm not a big drinker, but I knew that I needed to kind of like loosen up. And everything was perfect. I mean, everything was perfect, and I was feeling like loose. I was feeling, you know, just comfortable. You're not a huge Hora fan. I mean I haven't watched like horror movies since like high school. But like whatever, it's not that big of a deal. I don't feel like they're that you know, there's not that much artistic stuff that goes into it, you know. So I'm not into like dumb slash reflects or anything like that.
Speaker 7: But this movie was okay.
Speaker 5: But I do get scared easily. I mean I felt comfortable holding his hand. Randy was so like good to me and gentle, and it felt so like perfect. There was like no judgment or anything. But there was this point in the movie that I got scared. And I don't know if any other woman out there, I mean, my doctor said, okay, I peed myself.
Speaker 2: We got it. Been there, girl, it's okay, laughing too hard?
Speaker 7: Did I peed my pants?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 7: And I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 5: And I thought about it a second because you know, like it was dark.
Speaker 7: And it just happened. I didn't mean to happen.
Speaker 5: And so I excused myself to the bathroom. And when I made it to the bathroom, I was mortified because it wasn't like I was going to be able to go under the hand dryer. I wore this skirt and I guess I just had too many drinks. I don't know, and I was completely covered and I'm sitting there thinking, like my chair is wet, my entire skirt is wet like being is so said, See, he's going to think I'm a crazy person. And I just was. I was too embarrassed, you know what I mean. I just slipped out when no one was looking, thank god. I mean, and I just I had to run to my car. I had to go home.
Speaker 3: I had to.
Speaker 5: Completely change, completely change.
Speaker 2: And I you know that. I mean, that's how it is, when like a little bit comes out and you can't stop it, and then it's like literally sometimes and then it just keeps going.
Speaker 1: I know this is after the fact, but if it ever happens again, just get a soda and dump it on your side in the future, right, It might save you a little bit.
Speaker 5: And I guess I just I was not thinking that's a great idea, by the way, I was so flustered that And I mean I got Randy's text. I did. I just did not know what to say because I don't want to start off with like lies, you know. And he didn't say anything about it on his movie review, so and I listened for it, like I did.
Speaker 2: That's cool. At least he didn't say that you beat your pants on his podcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he wasn't like I took this crazy person out for a date and she peed me or something like hell, I wasn't the goal and yeah, so I don't know what to say.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you said it all. Basically. You also said it to Randy because he's been on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Hi hello, Cirose. I am so sorry. Am I am so sorry.
Speaker 4: I've been trying hard not to laugh, Like, oh, I understand completely.
Speaker 3: I am just.
Speaker 4: So happy that it was not something crazy or that I did something wrong.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, no, no, it comes in my head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know when Adam Stander goes your pants, you know, And I was.
Speaker 5: Like doing Madison moment too, but like I didn't know if it would be. It's not funny, it's not cool. It's so not funn.
Speaker 4: Like now that I've had I mean, I wish you would have said something and like, hey, I had an emergency, I need to go home.
Speaker 3: Can schedule.
Speaker 4: But I just honestly, the biggest thing I feel right now is relief, Like I feel really connected to you, and it's like it's funny now, like we if you'll have me, I would love to go on another date and we can laugh about this you know.
Speaker 2: Rose, would you like to go on another date with Randy? Will pay for it?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Absolutely, I would, just as long as this does not become our story of how we met, like we're going to need to come up with something else.
Speaker 3: We'll do another one.
Speaker 4: So I have I have kind of review that I'm doing next week, and it's a comedy, so maybe we'll just try it again and we'll watch it comedy.
Speaker 1: That's when it really happens, Rose maybends.
Speaker 7: I will be prepared.
Speaker 6: I will be prepared A pendanty School considered me, Miles Davis, that was the grossest thing I ever
Speaker 2: Ju Will's First Day follow up