Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check with Triste Quick on this episode of the Heat Check, so much to discuss. I had one of the best weekends sports weekends of my life and it included watching the Detroit Pistons whoop our doves ass very disgusting performance for our Doves, the team that is slated to win it all, and it was rocking, full report on deck, so much fun. I also am breaking down two the best guards in the league right now, starting with Donovan Mitchell, and only one guard really that's playing better than Donovan, So we'll get into who that is.
Speaker 2: And of course we have to get into the drama surrounding who else? Who else?
Speaker 1: Could it be?
Speaker 2: Kyrie Irving?
Speaker 1: Lots popin Nick to do me a favor, drop that beat all right, before we get into the news, let's talk about damn. Detroit is a great sports city. I tell you what, it was absolutely electric. I went and saw Detroit Pistons play the Golden State Warriors at Little Caesars Arena, and let me tell you I've got some thoughts.
Speaker 2: Things started out.
Speaker 1: First and foremost, bet MGM shout out to BEDMGM. They wind us, they dined us, they took us to the Michigan Michigan State game on Saturday night. They took us to the Detroit Lions playing the Miami Dolphins on Sunday afternoon, and then I got up in there watched the Pistons game as a credential media member on Sunday night.
Speaker 2: It was action packed. The only other people out there.
Speaker 1: That did the same thing as me were Jalen and Jacoby, which was fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: And I tell you what, the Pistons.
Speaker 1: Playing the Golden State Warriors, coming off of an embarrassing loss to the Hornets, You're thinking to yourself, the Warriors should bounce back, right, The Warriors should get together and say, listen, we can't let these scrub teams on a road trip fucking beat us. Let's get our shit together, let's lock in, and let's tell the Detroit Pistons what's up.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I.
Speaker 1: Even took the Golden State Warriors minus nine and a half to beat the Pistons on an alternate line.
Speaker 2: That's how confident I.
Speaker 1: Was that the Golden State Warriors were gonna come in there and put the whooping on these boys. And you know what, No, this team event early on. The Warriors came out on a rule Steph put out thirty seven. They put up as a team thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: In the first quarter, it felt like it was gonna be a blowout. We know what it does, we know the script. We've seen it a zillion times. And then all of a sudden, you look up and the Pistons are up twenty and you're like, hmm, that's odd outscoring them by sixteen to take an eight point lead at half. And here's what I saw at this point. It was a team that was despite being young, they are very committed to their starters. Right, You've got Bogdanovich, You've got as they call them, they call them a they call them beef Stewie, Beef Stewie, Isaiah Stewart, they call them something crazy. In Detroit, Cade Cunningham, Sadiq, Bay and Jade and Ivy all played thirty one minutes or more. Four of them ended with twenty one or more points.
Speaker 2: These guys are.
Speaker 1: Balling as the Warriors, we know are the greatest third quarter team probably in history.
Speaker 2: And that's what started to happen. The leads started to shrink.
Speaker 1: You look up, the Warriors are only down seven or something. The crowd starts to lose their feeling of excitement. They're like, oh no, what's gonna happen. E forty's in there getting exc You got roys to five nine legend they're playing eminem It was just starting to get tents in there. Jalen's on the sideline screaming, standing up, Come on.
Speaker 2: Don't let the Warriors beat you.
Speaker 1: Pool had an insane third quarter. I think get eighteen points in the third quarter alone. Pistons did not flinch, folks. It was bucket after bucket, tough lay by Jaden Ivy and one making things uncomfortable for the Warriors, bodying them up, making Draymond make the tough pass. All of a sudden, they're shooting forty three percent from three against one of the best perimeter defenses in the entire league, Golden State Warriors. The Pistons came to play, and they they slayed the dragon.
Speaker 2: They slayed the dragon.
Speaker 1: Despite all of the third quarter antics, they still figured out a way to do it.
Speaker 2: And they didn't play afraid.
Speaker 1: And they were in games last year they lost a ton late, and I expect them to start winning some of those games this year.
Speaker 2: Another thing that.
Speaker 1: Was interesting really quick as an aside, is that the Warriors played all their starters all the way until like a minute and twenty seconds left in the game, and they were down big. They thought that they could still come back no matter what. They were pushing the pace, Steph Curry's coming off off ball, shooting threes. They're trying to figure it out, and I'm like, dude, give it up. You're down sixteen with ninety seconds left to play, but they don't care. That's how fast they score. What's different this year a veteran, a veteran Bogdanovich. And I wondered, why'd you guys get him? Why'd you trade for Bogdanovic? That don't make no sense. But every as I forget his name, what's his name, Henry hank Royce, my lift driver today was like, every young team needs a veteran presence, and he's right, and that's what Bogdanovich is. And all he is is a three point shooting bucket. And you know what, the Detroit Pistons also believe even Bogdanovich, because this weekend he signed a two year, thirty nine million dollar.
Speaker 2: Extension twenty million dollars a year for Bogdanovich. Can you believe who? He's averaging twenty three points per game? Bogdanovich? How good has he been from three? My man is shooting fifty two percent from three right now. He is a prop king. His three point point prop right now has been automatic.
Speaker 1: Kate Cunningham, I've said some mean things about him in his bus face, but man, was he so good. It started out slow, but he had twenty three ten to nine, one assist short of a triple double against the Warriors, against the real defense. KD was given it to him, giving him buckets after buckets, getting rebound after rebound. So yeah, I mean, I'm kind of a Detroit Pistons fan. Now, I'm kind of like Detroit now. Also met these amazing chefs in the elevator sus chef executive chef in the media elevator.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what are you guys cooking up?
Speaker 1: And they're like, just the best food in Little Caesars Arena, And I'm like, really, what's up with it? And they're like, come by, And I did come by, and you know what, they got me a nice little flatbread. They got me a nice beat salad. And then when I asked for the bill.
Speaker 2: They laughed. They laughed at me. There was no bill, there was no check.
Speaker 1: They told me, thank you for coming in and gracing them with my presence, like I was somebody so Detroit. Thank you very much for being as hospitable and the weather held up.
Speaker 2: It could not have been better.