Speaker 1: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that, right la.
Speaker 1: Hello guys, it's Lauren Rosa and this is the Latest with Lauren the Rosa. I am the homegirl that knows a bit about everything and everybody. And as always, the Latest with Laurena Rosa is your dig on everything pop culture and those conversations that are going to shake the room. Now today we are back with another episode. I'm here, Brandon's.
Speaker 2: Here, Yep, yep, I'm we are here.
Speaker 3: I'm in Sunday clothes.
Speaker 1: It's raining here in New York, and I actually like, we gotta get through this because I'm headed to a fitting with Romeo Hunt from Youo is going to be dressing me for the met Gala after activities invites. Just keep coming, keep coming, you know what I'm saying, Like different, I know how.
Speaker 2: Much you like your fashion, So watching things happen for you is inspiring as well just watching it. So that's dope.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm in a really good space, like I'm feeling like the seeds that I've been planting are starting to grow, and that's a good feeling.
Speaker 3: You hung over from the Strip Club.
Speaker 2: I was not at the Strip Club, though I was hung over. I feel like Alergi is kicking my ass. But I'm I'm happy, y'all.
Speaker 3: So let's get on into the latest. So Beyonce.
Speaker 1: We had talked a bit on the Breakfast Club and here on the podcast about Beyonce and the Cowboy Carter tour and you know, just things happening. But now Beyonce has been hit with a cease and desist. So earlier this week, Beyonce was hit with a cease and desist lawsuit because the Las Vegas Fear Sphere, the owners of the Sphere that were just kicking my ass, claim that Beyonce's production team used an image of the Sphere without their permission, which is crazy because legally it's like, yes, I get it, and they have an argument, but it's Beyonce. Like I feel like you just like be happy that Beyonce used anything in relation to you, Like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: No, I mean, looking into the story, it seemed a little petty because you know, they wanted her to perform at the Sphere and she didn't reply to oz it James Dolan, They said, the CEO of the sphere. He wanted her to perform, and she never applied to him. So it seems like you can't use nothing about the sphere and none of your productions don't even acknowledge us anymore since you're not. But that's what it felt like, you know, reading up on the story, So you.
Speaker 1: Feel like without that whole background information or the background her not performing there, they wouldn't have dropped this lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you know things about relationships if they have built that relationship of you know, you just do this for me, I'll do this for you. And I don't think it's that First of all. I want to know if it's can do does he have a case because it's just an image of a building, right, Yeah, she used in the video. She used the Eiffel Tower, she used the Statue of Liberty. She just used monuments that are recognizable in cities.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't see what the issue is here.
Speaker 1: So for context, So, during the opening night of Beyonce's Cowboy Carter tour, so that was back on April twenty eighth, Beyonce used the Las Vegas Sphere in one of the visuals that're like one of the interlude visuals now in the video. So it's the two to Heaven song, the one of R Kelly's ex wife Drea. She depicted so Beyonce has depicted as one hundred feet tall and she's striding through Las Vegas before she stops at the Sphere. Then she lowers down before picking the venue up, tapping it with one of the with one of her fingers and walking away with in her hand. For those of you guys who are watching the video here on YouTube, you can take a look here for all all your listeners. I'm describing it because I know that you can't see it, but please go check it out. It'll be posted to the bron Gar Grinding Instagram into my Instagram, Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 3: Now, the clip went.
Speaker 1: Crazy because people are always hype to see Beyonce visuals. But who you're talking about Madison Square Garden Bass James Dolan. He was upset about this and people were actually tweeting like, imagine, you can't get booked Beyonce, So now you mad and you send a lawsuit?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: The biggest issue that he had here was that because you saw her in the with the Sphere in Las Vegas, there was big speculation that her tour would be hitting there, So basically they feel like they were wrongly depicted or like it was almost like a false advertisement that could have fell back on them to people that would have wanted to come and see her in Las Vegas. McCarthy went on to say that bees interlude has caused significant speculation that she would end her tour with the Sphere residency, because you remember some time ago, there's been right now even though right now still there's rumors that Beyonce supposed to do a Las Vegas residency, So people thought that this was her saying and signally because she does this in a lot of her art. Taylor Swift does it as well, where they dropped these easter eggs, so people thought it was an easter egg. So the letter the Season Assists that was sent to her company, Beyonce's company, park Or Entertainment, asked her to stop using the venue Sphere without permission in the interlude so that it wouldn't cause any confusion. It has recently comes to SEG's attention. This is what the letter said that a Cowboy Carter Tour interlude video contains an unauthorized use of SEG's intellectual property. The letter states SEG is sure that multiple aspects of the Interluw video, including other brands, clips, and music, were duly cleared by the tour with rights permissions from stakeholders whose works were used in the video, as it's common practice. Seg, however, was never asked if the prominent appearance and manipulation of SEG's sphere venue could be authorized. So basically what they're saying is is, y'all asks us to use a lot of other stuff and other people in this. So when it comes to music, other you know, images or whatever. And in Las Vegas, you know that those buildings and the way that they look it's.
Speaker 3: All a part of the brand.
Speaker 1: And they do a lot of that, like architecture on purpose, right, and they make up staples like you can think about like how certain places like playing Hollywood and stuff like that look in Vegas. So from what I'm reading here, I think that they would have a case if she didn't go about this the right way, which confuses me because it's Beyonce, so it's like, why wouldn't she? But it does seem a bit petty, it does. It does seem a bit petty.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I brought all that up because this lawsuit dropped and then there was more Beyonce tour news. So people have been talking about the tickets, and I thought with the tour going viral, more people were going to just start buying the tickets.
Speaker 3: Even though you know you don't got the money.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's like fomo, yeah did you Like, I know, I don't know how much of a Beyonce you are, but didn't make you want to go and see the tour when you were seeing like Roomy and like you know, blue performing on stage and stuff.
Speaker 2: I've been hurt by a lot of Beyonce bands, so it's a weird little thing on on.
Speaker 1: You mean, like excess or like no, let's explore you are no no no, but I replaceable different. No.
Speaker 2: I thought it was more about the album. I think a lot of people weren't big fans of the actual.
Speaker 3: You're the second person to tell me that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I think that's more of like Renaissance had like great, and then I think it's that, and then I think it's just money the economy. I feel like the tickets are expensive and like you are real selective nowadays with who they see a lot like the big arts, So I hearing like if you're if they're going to Kendrick or Chris Brown, you probably don't got the bandwidth to be paying for Beyonce as well like those are. That's probably two start there between.
Speaker 1: The two between including outfits and travel, and I get it, but I don't know. I just feel like there's always like the foumo thing, especially like with us, like we're gonna we're gonna spend a dollar on to spend, we feel like we're missing something or whatever. And I think, I don't know, maybe it's because Beyonce kind of just recently came off of the Renaissance tour. Because normally with Beyonce tours, for me, the hype is is like, oh my god, I gotta get the ticket. I gotta get the ticket because I don't know when she's going back on tour. She just came off of a tour, so a lot of those fans did Renaissance. Now Cowboy Carter is here, there's rumors of Vegas residency, so it's like, maybe you feel like I'm gonna see her again a lot.
Speaker 2: Like she's not Like I feel like people aren't necessarily like missing her.
Speaker 1: Yet people have been saying though that a lot of people felt like Renaissance was her last tour, but a lot of people felt like Cowboy Carter might be her last. They said that every tour though, but a lot of people feel like that. But she's had some issues that you know this last week a couple of hiccups on stage, which I know somebody getting fined.
Speaker 3: You don't play it to be.
Speaker 2: I saw you yo.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So there was one of them where she couldn't find her mark on stage, like her X on stage, and she's like visibly looking.
Speaker 3: Then there was another one where, uh, she had the.
Speaker 1: Like there was she was trying to take There was like a stunt that she was going with like a glove and she's holding her mic and like people are trying to take that off of her while she's on safe and she visibly looks pissed. And she's normally really good about handling like when things are not going right, like this is not she just not a first ROADI of course they'd be like who taught Laura? No pun intended? She always saying it like I swear I'm a rapper, like double Antandra don't play with me. But yeah, so the fact that she looked visibly upset and we all know is Beyonce. She's the queen of live performance. It's like, oh, somebody ain't gonna have a job, somebody family ain't getting no more free Cowboy Carter tickets, and yeah, so people, I think people right now are still trying to figure out if it's worth going to not worth it because it's Beyonce, but basically, if it's like if I'm spending my last dollar, is the show, like, you know, monumental enough that I want to spend my last.
Speaker 3: Dollar if I got to chew, pick and choose.
Speaker 1: And then you got these moments going viral, countering the other big moments where everybody was like, oh my god, you know, she got her babies out there, Blue is dancing, We're meeting roomy. Now she just thinks her mom Tina Nose on stage for you know, New York Times bestseller for her Matriarch book, and then all this, you know, these little hiccups happened, and people not centered on it. I don't feel like you said you didn't even see it.
Speaker 2: That I didn't see that specifically, but yeah, I've been seeing clips and the the biggest thing I've been seeing is blues improvement and dancing, Like I almost couldn't believe it. Yeah, who is like who? And she looked I think she who is that? Like she cooking? Yo? I really love that because I remember an article came out that the slander she was getting from the first like videos that came out of her on tour motivated her to do better. And now she's like, oh, she's a dancer now, Yeah, I wonder if that's what she wants to do, like if she wants to going to that path, and like it looked like you could keep up like in Beyonce Shadow. All right, it's a wild take, But was Beyonce dancing like that?
Speaker 1: And her No Beyonce, No no, no, no, no baby no in the beginning of and the behive and y'all can come and get me off y'all want because we will be upset when you dissect anything Beyonce and don't just like give it to her all the way the beginning, No Beyonce developed as I mean, the Destiny's Child had to stage presence. They were moving, they were dancing, but the vehicle in the machine of Beyonce, like the whole Beyonce versus Sasha Fierce air Like it was really cute and she was doing her thing before that, but she evolved into this like.
Speaker 3: Machine of like, yeah, who the hell is that? Blue Ivy did that so fast?
Speaker 1: I would say faster or maybe we just start paying attention a lot more because it's social media. Yeah, but baby, when I saw Blue Ivy walk out the day Javou that opening night, I said, oh, Blue Ivy is tea yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I'm trying to like compare it to the professional dances behind it and see if like, but she's like nepotism, Like I just want to put my daughter. She's keeping up with the dam I'm like, I'm eating them.
Speaker 1: Up like crazy, like even her faces too, like.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's why I'm not dancing.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if we if we do get that Las Vegas residency and we get to see Blue on stage, and you know what I mean, it's probably not gonna happen at this sphere now because of this cease and desist that was saying and they you know before when it was reported that she was doing the residency and that it was going to happen there.
Speaker 3: The negotiations fell through.
Speaker 1: So for some reason, I don't know, beyond Beyonce in that Sphere team, they just can't figure it out, Like they just can't get it together. So we'll have to you know, it's the first.
Speaker 2: Few days star, right, they got time to get this ship together.
Speaker 1: Well, Beyonce is doing her the tourter she's doing now doesn't have anything to do with the Sphere, but because when the Las Vegas residency rumors dropped, and then news had came out that if she did do the residency, it was going to be there. But then news came out that the those negotiations fell through, like they couldn't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was like demands from both sides that like I guess they just weren't meeting in the middle correctly, and then she was looking at other locations and then it just never happened. So that's why they're like, Yo, you can't just throw us in your promo, Like now you got your fans thinking you bring in something here that's probably not it's nothing on paper.
Speaker 2: So there was negotiations. I thought there was, she wasn't. She didn't reach back out.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, So Beyonce had a loss. So the New York Post, actually I put up an article Beyonce had a Las Vegas show scheduled at Allegiance Stadium on July twenty fifth, twenty twenty five. Initially there were reports of a potential residency at the Sphere, but those negotiations fell through.
Speaker 3: Then Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought she ignored them completely.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, so it just didn't work out. No, it didn't work out that time. Yes, yeah, gota. So moving on what I'm excited about because this is the reason why I got to get on up out of here and go to a fitting mecgala. The met Gala of the twenty twenty five met Gala is taking place.
Speaker 3: In New York.
Speaker 1: The theme this year is super fine Tailoring, Black Style. Now this is an ode to black dandyism, and all of us were fine and sophisticated. Glory Brandon, do you know anything that I just said?
Speaker 2: No words go. I started looking around the room. I was like, yes, you got it. You got fashion girl.
Speaker 1: Have you been seeing anything from the meggalo on your timeline? I like to ask people outside of fashion how they view what's happening in fashion.
Speaker 2: I saw the theme mostly I forgot the day of it was said around black sat.
Speaker 1: Around black people. Most people are just excited about that. A lot of people were like, you know what this is. I saw an interview when June Ambrose sat down a complex and they talked about the Megala a couple months ago or a month or so ago.
Speaker 3: A lot of people feel like this is in.
Speaker 1: A Winter Tours because they put together the medic you know, I think this is their this is their home. They feel like this is in a win tours. Thank you to to Andre Leon Tally. So Andre Leon Tally big force in fashion. He was an editor. He was like a lot of like the major black not even just black celebrities, because he had his hands in everything with everybody and a lot of the big fashion houses, but a lot of the big h you know us black people in fashion. He would he helped to like kind of bring them to the forefront, to develop them, to say, to allow the coature world to meet them for the first time because it wasn't a place where we were welcomed. And he was always one of, you know, if not the only Black people that you would see front row at a lot of these colture shows and these couature houses, Like he did so much just by his presence and you know, doing everything that he did behind the scenes in front of the camera for black people in fashion, but for people in fashion in general. But he was a black man, you know what I mean. And then he passed away, and people felt like at the time when he passed away that in a winterur and you know, Vogue and you know, just that whole couture world didn't do enough for him, like he was. Even like at the time when he passed away, there was conversations about, like, you know, his family struggling to pay for his funeral and just like which was crazy because when you think about who he was as a journalist, as a editor at large for Vogue, creative director, stylist, like just an American fashion hero. He there have been reports of him going through money things for some time before his passing, but I think people just he gave so much. He gave so much artist wise, uh, you know, just he was radical renaissance. You know some of the things he did and said, showing up with the big capes, just his looks, people just expected more. So I think some people feel like this is her thank you to him for everything he contributed while being an editor at large and Vogue and all that stuff. But yeah, so the theme, the theme is tailoring, black style, super fine tailor, and black style. Dandyism is a sub conversation that is happening around the theme because it's people are taking it real black black dandyism is looked at as like stylish, elegant. Think about you know, dapper Dan in the suits. Think about I'm trying to think who else I would describe as dandy, Coman Domingo, like you know, like suited booted. There's a lot of origins and a lot of history to it. Like at one point in time, people, you know, we're having conversation about dandyism in a way of like, okay, it's connected to slavery, and it was a way for us to assimulate, like kind of get away from the idea of slavery and to be looked at as like something. There's two sides of that. So that was our take on it. But on the other side, you know, white people and their take on dandyism during that time where we were trying to simulate and let people know, like we are more than how our slave masters presented us.
Speaker 3: Not to get too deep, but I think that this is important.
Speaker 1: White people would use it as a way to like almost you know, how you stage your home when you're trying to sell it. Yeah, they would dress up their slaves like that and sell them as luxury goods.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Now the Megala is actually outside of just getting flying people having a good time. It's connected to the actual museum itself, and it brings attention to like, you know, different like the curated exhibit that they do within that museum that you remember that one year they put Rihanna in the museum. Yeah, and then you know it on the back end, it raises money for different things, and you know there's actual substance to it.
Speaker 3: But we like to see people get fly.
Speaker 1: So a lot of people are looking out for a sat Rocky who's one of the co chairs, Colman Domingo because he's always in the suit, so why not Lewis Hamilton, former Little One Driver, he'd be fly for real Williams who's also a co chair.
Speaker 3: Lebron James is a co chair this year.
Speaker 1: Celebrities though that people are really looking forward to Doci and I am so excited for Dochi because number one, this is so on brand for her. Huh No, I think she's actually gonna have on clothes.
Speaker 3: You can't tell her your ass snagget.
Speaker 2: Haynes matches.
Speaker 1: Listen, the people are excited for Dochi. Do She actually posted this picture on if you saw it, but she did this tribute to Andre Leon tally like when she first like hers fly, she the beginning of the weekend, when she started stepping out for the events, And when I saw this picture of Delchi, I was like, Okay, this year, maybe people won't be so off theme and so off of understanding the nature and the history of the theme that like we're gonna be like what the heck is going on? You know, a lot of people are just kind of nervous. And the name of that book, Monica Miller, who's also helping to plan, you know, and like, you know, she's just helping to curate a bit when it comes to the Megala. Monica Miller, who is the author of two thousand and nine, a two thousand and nine book called Slaves to Fashion Black Dandyism in the Styling of Black in the Styling of the Black that'sper identity. They're gonna draw from different things in her book. So the different literature from her book that talks about, you know, just performance and how performance translates into fashion and dress when it comes to black dandyism, so it's supposed to be like a like I feel like we might leave off feeling like we just left church, Like it's gonna be real deeps.
Speaker 2: When you're describing I'm thinking like maybe like Baptist Sunday's fine is kind of.
Speaker 1: See, but even that, I feel like you can lean into dandyism there because it's like the hats, it's you know what I mean, you gotta come to church a certain way. We have we have Black people have always used fashion to uh assimilate or to tell a story, you know what I'm saying. So like I love when we have a chance to kind of like put that on display. I hate that it doesn't happen as often at this level as it should.
Speaker 3: Steal, but you know what I'm saying, Like we do what we do when we do it.
Speaker 1: I do think though some people are nervous because people be off brand with it. People could be it could give a little racist depending on who you are and what you wear, so be careful. Yeah, so taking it to the streets to be outside. We outside, we outside outside. The Met gall of twenty twenty five, anticipation has been the biggest thing that I've seen on x so tempting. Tony Underscore tweeted, everybody's hashed, everybody's teasing the Met Gala looks. Why is nothing good? Like they look nice, but nothing has moved me. All of us so cerebral and I guess it's to the point, but I'm tired of archive pools, archive pools all the time.
Speaker 3: Do you know what the archive pool is?
Speaker 2: I know what the archive is and where the pool is. But when you put them words together, is so.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing. It's like you pulling from like a vintage brand.
Speaker 1: So basically like a lot of times with the Met Gala, people feel like, oh, these celebrities get their stylace to go pull these like ancient, like vintage luxury pieces. But you still look like nothing, like it ain't given nothing. And that's the biggest say. Have you ever watched the Met Gala carpet and been like, what the hell are people wearing?
Speaker 3: That's what people are scared of. That's what this sweet is seeing. Okay, gotcha, And then.
Speaker 1: Somebody else tweeted it, says MoMA Yola, I'm so nervous for the meggalaft to see his themed like we could probably witness the most offensive shit ever with the way twenty twenty five has been going dot dot dot. I don't know dot dot dot not the Maga Mommy's that the Meggala is Tommy Lawren.
Speaker 3: Please just stay home.
Speaker 1: I don't even feel like it, Like I really, I don't know, canus owens like whoever?
Speaker 3: Whatever? One of y'all girls, please just not please.
Speaker 2: I can see it. Yes, Trump said you're not running for a third term, so I feel like he's gonna start showing up.
Speaker 1: Trump came to this met gala, I would just instantly be offended because I feel.
Speaker 2: Like I'm fly or what if he had the best fit on there.
Speaker 3: Leave it to black men that always just have room and hope for Trump.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, y'all, we're gonna wrap it up here.
Speaker 1: So I've given y'all a lot of the background this met gala talk for anybody who did not know what.
Speaker 3: Was going on.
Speaker 2: Now, I feel like in my heart, Jason really gonna be there myself up at what you're trying to bet.
Speaker 1: If he's gonna go number one, and then if he's gonna fall again this yere or not fall allegedly whatever, I'll bet it all, all right, we bet ten dollars. Okay, I'm betting that. You bet he's gonna go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's gonna be there.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's tired of all of the like I did not fall. I did not fall. But if you know what, maybe I should try to run into Jason Derulo and get him falling just one time for.
Speaker 3: Pinky promise that you're gonna pay the bet when I win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't trust you, date white woman.
Speaker 3: I don't trust you.
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 1: So we'll see if Jason Gulo shows up, if he falls or not, If Rihanna shows up and just all of the dandism that is going to hit the carpet, I'll be running out and about. Make sure you guys are following me at Lornda Rosa everywhere. This has been the latest with Lorena Rosa, and I tell you guys every single time, if you're right here with me talking about these topics. I appreciate you because at the end of the day, y'all could be anywhere, but y'all are right here.
Speaker 3: Thank you.