Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. You and I make decisions every day, but on Prize Picks, being right can get you paid. Don't miss any other excitement this season on Prize Picks, where it's good to be right. Y'all already know I'm pumped for week two of the season. There's still nothing like September football when you still have so much hope in your team. Kansas City went all the way to Brazil to fail for them, but we got Travis Kelce touchdown at least and guess what Right now, there's a max discount offer where projection lines are at the minimum.
Speaker 2: Prize Picks is simple and easy to use.
Speaker 1: All you need to do is pick more on Travis kelcey point five receiving yards more more more. Prize Picks are simple to play. Just pick more or less on two to six players stat projections. If you get your picks right, you could cash in. Prize Picks is also the best way to get in on the action on sports in more than forty states, including California, Texas, and Georgia. Download the app today use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup, that's cod Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup prize picks.
Speaker 3: It's good to be right.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: We didn't think the divisional game it could top the divisional game, but it absolutely did. Tonight was a barn Burner forty one forty. The Buffalo Bells come back from fifteen down in the fourth quarter, score twenty two points, and they win it in a walk off field goal by Matt Prader, forty one year old Matt Prader. You thought the Baltimore Ravens had this game in hand, Josh Allen, say you do not.
Speaker 2: You're in my house and this is why that.
Speaker 1: MVP trophy is sitting on my mantle next to my wedding photo with my beautiful wife.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for joining us tonight. Y'all know who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp, my partner in crime, Harry Is. Ladies and gentlemen, all the way from the Winded City, Liberty City is on Bengals Ring of Fame. Arnoie Madden's ratings adjuster, the former pro bo all pro. He's Chad o, Cho, Siko Johnson and I want to personally thank you again for joining us for an episode of Nightcap. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button, Please make sure you hit the like button and do us a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We'd like to thank each and every one of you that's listening now, that's watching now.
Speaker 2: And word of mouth.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you for your support, because Nightcap is nothing without its loyal fans, and we thank you. Ocho and I and the Nightcap family, thank you so much. Please check out my Shade by Laportier now. If you can't find it in a city or state near you, we're on the way. But if we're not there, now ordered online, we'll ship it directly to your door. It is the best taste in premium Vsop Kangyak on the market and if you tried it, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you haven't try it, you will not be disappointed. As you can see on your screen. There's a special keepsake of me and my brother Shade by Laportier him going into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year. He and I became the first two brothers ever selected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and as a memento, this is what we decided to come up with. We have it in stock. It's a limited release only. Please grab yours wild supplies last. Go to Laportierkannak dot com to grab yours while you still can. Please go follow my media company page on all of its platform Shay Shaped Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. We've got a new show just launched under the unbrella of Sha Shaped Media is Debo and Joe, James Harrison and Joe Hayden. Please go subscribe to the YouTube page Debo and Joe check them out tomorrow. They'll live tomorrow morning at eleven am. Oh cho this game. Look look the Baltimore Ravens Dereck Henry. I don't know what it is about the Buffalo Bills, but he loves playing this team. We remember last year in Baltimore he ran for one ninety nine. Even in the playoff game they lost, he only had sixteen rushes for eighty four yards and a touchdown. Tonight he had eighteen rushes one sixty nine and two touchdowns, but he had a very, very costantly fumble. Lamar Jackson was sensational again, fourteen of nineteen, two touchdowns, two hundred and ten yards, two touchdowns, but it was that six foot five, two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Five pounds mountain of a man.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen thirty three or forty six three ninety four two touchdowns. He ran the ball fourteen times for thirty yards. He had two touchdowns, but it was his ability to throw the football. Sometimes you gotta be lucky rather than good. On fourth down, the tight end tips the ball. Keon Coleman catches it. Yeah, that's the difference in the ball game. And then they come right back and they get a punch out on deck Henry Well, they got to punch out first, and then they do a great job of going three and out, forcing the Ravens to punch the football. Well, three and out and forcing the Ravens to punch the football. Oh sure, you're watching this game and it seems like the Ravens have it in hand. They're doing what they're running the football, the play action pass and they're doing everything. D Harp catching it with one hand. They're in the locker room. They're upset because they know they had this one and they let this one slip away. What did you like about what you saw from the Buffalo Bills not to stop fighting down fifteen and the opposing team has the ball.
Speaker 4: Listen, the fact they were able to come back.
Speaker 5: This is one of the reasons why even though I even though I the bunket, you.
Speaker 2: Know that, I mean lamarshould have been there.
Speaker 5: I always say Lamarsha has been the MVP last year. This is why Josh Allen won it. You down by fifteen. Some things have to go right on the game, yes, threty percent execution and fifty percent uck. Some things have to go right in your favor, and they did for the Buffalo Bills tonight. The fact that they continued to fight, the fact that Josh Allen was able to come back and make some throws that only Josh Allen could make when they were behind. To come from behind and they have an opportunity to win this game. It's unbelievable. They played really well. The Ravens look good. They lost the game, but the Ravens looked very very good.
Speaker 4: They look good. Any other team this is a blowout.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 5: The Ravens are playing outside the Buffalo Bills. This is a blowout game. Now, common sense isn't always common. In the middle of this game about an hour and thirty minutes ago, I don't know if as was able to put it up. I tweeted out something. I tweeted out something I said. The Ravens look good, but it's a lot of good. It's a lot of there. It is right there.
Speaker 4: Don't know if you can see it. The Ravens look good, but.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of game left. And for some reason, what should be a blowout normally ends closer than you can think. And that's exactly what happened. Not only did it end closer, they never think. I didn't think they would come back.
Speaker 4: Can win it?
Speaker 5: They came back and won the whole damn game. I know it would be close, but win it. I man, listen to football guys on Buffalo side. Obviously, this costly fumble, which the Ravens always happened to do at the roast.
Speaker 4: Opportune times, in opportunity, in opportune time.
Speaker 5: My bad, my bad, my bad, But listen, this is this is this is a testament to how you ended the season last year. Yep, a game of this magnitude having a costly turnover yet again.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: The Ravens offense looked good. Their defense they didn't get no pressure. I can't get pressure with four and the secondary isn't good.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on with Gile Alexander Ojo, but he looked bad tonight.
Speaker 2: Let's call it like. Let's let's call it like we see it. This is what we do.
Speaker 1: He did not look good tonight, and they were saying he had issues going on with his with his knee. I don't know if he had a drained I don't know if it's bone on bone. I don't know if he has ten to nighters. But he didn't look good tonight. Yeah, he did not look good. Wiggins, he broke up to play on the two point conversion, but passing affairs, bro you got to do better. You got to do a better job of defending the guy without interfering with the guy. But the biggest issue I see with them, they can't generate pressure. They can't get pressure with four. If Matti beak Way didn't get don't get home. I mean tonight it just wasn't they. I mean, look, Buffalo, Buffalo is a good team, and so I don't I'm not gonna diminish what Buffalo did. Buffalo did a great job of staying in this ball game. But I thought, I was like, well, damn okay. They get the ball back and give Ed Oliver credit because he got him stopped. He said, well, I got your stop. Let me see if I get the ball out. And he pulled a slot and he got forced. He got three sevens and the boss came out. Give Buffalo credit, But the Ravens are gonna kick themselves. John Harbard says, hey, god, I'm proud of you guys. You fought hard. But he know they let this one slip away, and it's on the defensive side of the foot fall. They gotta be better because everybody that didn't look everybody don't doesn't have a Josh Allen that can kill you with.
Speaker 2: His legs and his arms.
Speaker 1: But these quarterbacks in the AFC can light your ass up with their arm. Josh Allen had three ninety four, Yes, he had forty six pass attempts.
Speaker 2: Ojoe with one.
Speaker 4: Sack, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Lamar Jackson had nineteen passing c attempts and he got sacked twice and it took him a hunt Oldini effort to get out of one one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm concerned with the Ravens defense. I have no concerns whatsoever with their offense. I know Derreck Henry would do a better job of holding onto the football. Lamar Jackson is going to be Lamar Jackson. I love Zay Flowers. I wish they could have worked no, no abatement. I wish they could have made look Hawk Dee. Hawk's gonna give you a couple of a contest catching a couple of contested catches.
Speaker 2: That's what he's gonna do. O Joe.
Speaker 1: We're not looking to get DeAndre Hopkins of Houston Texans, DeAndre Hopkins of the Arison the Cardinals, because he he's not there anymore. He doesn't live at that place anymore, Joe, And it's okay to say that, right. I wish they could have got Rashaan Bateman evolved a little bit more Zave Flowers with sensational to night Sam bought buck forty three and one touchdown on nine targets. I wish they could have got Bakeman a little bit more involved. Dee Hobb's gonna give you one to two catches. That's all we can hope for. They're gonna be contested. That's what we brought That's what they brought him in there for. Defensively is where they're gonna have to where they're gonna have to improve Ojoe. They're gonna have to find a way to generate pressure with four because they're back in Yeah, they're back in those corners.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Hey, I think if anything, I think more so they played a bad game.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: The backing has always been good. Nick Wiggins was good last year, Marlon hump Marton Humphrey. If we can get Ji Alexander, who's coming off of injury obviously, who's coming off of injury, to get himself back acclimated, you know, Hey, did he did Ji even playing the preseason.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think so. I don't think so. I don't think a whole lot of people played the preseason exactly.
Speaker 5: So he get hisself back acclimated after coming off injury, not really playing much last year, getting hisself back into rhythm, getting itself back into app actually football shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But but in the process, oh, your hair. The thing. I can't be losing game while you're working your way back.
Speaker 5: Into football, right right, right, So obviously what they have to do. They gotta protect him. They gotta protect him if anything. Put listen, put him in press. He's very good at man of man. He's Jay Alexander. That's what he's known for. He's very good at mana man. And don't expose him. Don't have him playing off. That's seven yards when you know it's not where you need to be. Get him up there allowing to throw the time in the offense off until he gets itself back.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just and I was like, damn, Ravenes normally get get a little bit more pressure than that.
Speaker 2: And uh, what's the guy? Uh what's his name? Uh?
Speaker 1: Kyle Vanoy. I'm like, come on, Kyle, somebody gets some pressure.
Speaker 4: Hey them big boy, Hey, Buffalo got the big boys.
Speaker 1: They did a good. Look, they neutralized it. They look and they made them one dimensional once they fell behind. Either they're not going to run the football. The Ravens they had a rush thirty one rush attempts one hundred and eight yards. You can live with that. That's less than four yards of carry. That's three and a half yards of carry. I can live with that. But what I can't live with is a quarterback dropped back forty six times that only get him on the ground once. That's not good enough. That's not no that seriously, that's not nearly good enough. They played well enough to win, but all all turnovers aren't created equal. When you turn the ball over. Jack Henry has that fumble in the first quarter. There's no harm, no foulo shoe. But when he had that, we've got the momentum. Now we give Buffalo a chance to get the momentum, get some momentum, and now they'll start hooping and hollering like they caught the Holy ghosts on for Sunday.
Speaker 2: And now the crowds it now the crowded to what Sunday for Sunday?
Speaker 1: But give look, they could have easily easily folded on their heads folded. Yes, we're down fifteen and the ravens. We know what the ravens possessed. Dack Harry's running up and down the field, up and down the field.
Speaker 2: They can't.
Speaker 1: I mean he's getting four, he's getting fifteen, he's getting thirty, he's getting fifty.
Speaker 2: One he's and we are like and not to watch that with damn.
Speaker 1: What is it about the Buffalo Bills that Deck Henry loves so much?
Speaker 5: It's not even the Buffalo Bills, it's whoever the hell Dereck Henry plays against.
Speaker 4: He's done this against everybody.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Dereck Carley rarely turns the ball over so often he's gonna get a fumble. This time it happened week one when it actually shouldn't coming off of what happened last year on why you went home for missing.
Speaker 4: A Super Bowl opportunity. There should be no turnovers.
Speaker 5: That should be the first thing coming in in preseason, in training camp. We can't turn the ball over and you're playing the same goddamn team again.
Speaker 1: That costs you a chance to go to the FC Championship game, ojo. But what happened was is that they got him in. They got him. He's trying to stiff arm. So if you got a stiff arm, that means what you ain't got both arms over the ball, both arms over the ball.
Speaker 2: So now the change has a lot of scrimmage use a stiff arm.
Speaker 1: But yes, it was he got pressure, he got pressure, and so now he's trying to stiff arm In Oliver off of him to try to get to the outside. Yeah, I mean looking at it now, Oh yo, just go down. But you know that's not how he's wired.
Speaker 4: Right, you're right, you're right right.
Speaker 1: I said the same thing when John Hare Alexander got beat. I said, let him score. You got three timeouts. Let him score. You got three timeouts, you got a minute on the clock. Let's see what Lamar Jackson do is spread with enough time once once because Baltimore's got to burn their time outs now and all all Baltimore is gonna do if go a prayer. They already know the special team coaches already tell the head coach where the kicker likes to kick from. If you see Josh shallow, ay, he goes to that side. Downs, the ball, goes to that side, downs the ball. Okay, oh, third down, he goes to that side again. There's twenty seven seconds. He runs off the field. You normally can get your your offense off the field, your special team's unit on the field. We would always practice eighteen seconds. They got a full twenty seven seconds. So now pray to get some opportunity to go back there and go through his motion. He's doing all that on the field. Lord, he got clear to be like, yeah, hey, I ain't rushing, this is good right here by right, appreciate that and go He nails it through. You know, a lot of times you have to you have to have the foresight because a lot of times guys not thinking in that moment, Jarry Alexander has paniced, man, I can't give up a touchdown with the nationality, it'd be best if you did give up the touchdown.
Speaker 2: That's now you.
Speaker 1: Got a minute a minute plus left and you got all three of your time outs.
Speaker 5: But that's that's that's something that they that would they would have talked about before. That would have been something they would have talked about ahead of time. Obviously.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, I'm not I forgot.
Speaker 5: To decoordinate his name or Hobball would have told total or or if if they happened to make a big play, let him score, let him get in. Obviously they didn't say anything. That's why he tried to tackle Keyon.
Speaker 1: Normally, O Yo, you talk about that close to the goal line, you say, okay, hey, just.
Speaker 4: Let him score.
Speaker 1: You're not thinking first of all, you're not thinking they're gonna get a big play. So once they got the big play, the next day you're paying it.
Speaker 2: O Joe. It's just like anything. Uh uh.
Speaker 1: Steve Irwin, when he got stung by that stingray, his natural instinct was what to pull it out. That was the last thing he should have did. But see you're not thinking, something goes in. I gotta get it.
Speaker 4: Out, o yo, right right right right away, right away, yes, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: So now he gets a long past caught on him. He's not thinking. Man, I still I got three times, my team got three time outs. Lamar Jackson. Let him go. He're not thinking about that.
Speaker 1: But like you said, those are scenarios that you probably need to go through. Also go through your mind, tip pass. I mean one time were playing Kansas City, O yo, and John threw me a ball. I lost like eight yards, but it was more important to keep the clock moving as a pull through incompletion and stopping the clock. So the ball got like, hey, I got to catch Yes, even though it's now all of a sudden, I only got like fifty yards. I only got like fifty yards. But man, this was a hell of a ball game. This was a hell of a ball.
Speaker 2: Game, man.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 5: There's a reason why they had them slated to play as the seven thirty game or eight thirty game, depending on where you lived from, because it was everything that was advertised. It was everything that was advertised based on what we saw last.
Speaker 4: Season, right, Listen.
Speaker 5: I actually all the goddamn games was good today, depending on who you.
Speaker 2: Had I was.
Speaker 5: I mean, it depends, it depends, it depends. There there were some trash games, but this was perfect to end the night.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, this was a very good game.
Speaker 1: You got two heavyweight quarterback the last two MVPs going head to head. The Hey, nobody wants to give in that. You got Dad Henry running the ball. Look like he's well on his way to another two thousand. Hell, I thought he was going for two bands. I thought he was going for two two bills to day. I thought he was going Yeah, I thought he was going for two bills today. Because you know, O, Joe, it's just like when we play a receiver, we get that big catch Haarley, Hey, oh Joe, we got hey, we got big. We got seventy yards on three catches and we're in the first quarter.
Speaker 5: Hold on, And this is the funny thing about it too. Forget forget the first quarter when you get those chunk yards and chunk plays and have that many yards at.
Speaker 4: The beginning of the season and week one to get the ball rolling. Yes, man, stop playing.
Speaker 1: You know That's how I'm thinking, And I'm sure Dag Hippy was thinking the same thing. The offensive line is thinking the same thing. Oh we got a great RiPP because all of a sudden they tossing him the ball and he's coming through there. It ain't nothing but the safety and the safety is taking then fed up angle. The safety ain't really he trying to hit him from the angle, and I was really trying to be in front of you.
Speaker 4: I was trapped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was trapped that.
Speaker 4: With that he not he took that bad ain't on on purpose?
Speaker 2: Of course, Yes, of course, I'm saying, yes, man.
Speaker 4: Who's trying to on a on a toss?
Speaker 5: Everybody locked up, the guard of the guard pulled and get the linebacker and it just you and say, who the hell for there, Derrick Henry.
Speaker 4: You I'm making a business decision.
Speaker 1: Hey, And you see he already got that, he got the gushion cap already on he said, I need a pill a As a matter of fact, somebody throw me a pillow.
Speaker 2: I need a pillow and the concussion cap.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, I can. I can guarantee you. I can guarantee you. I'm with everybody that's in the chat that's listening. Imagine, hypothetically speaking, if you had the opportunity to play safety, I guarantee you nobody. There's no amount of money that a team could pay anybody in our chat.
Speaker 4: To be a safety and meet Derrick Kenny one on one in the hole.
Speaker 1: Nah, because they got ahead of steam. The the what you want to do, Ojo? I make him go east and west. You don't want to get you don't want them to get him. Shoulder pants coming downhill going Hell no, that's two forty two forty five. Hell nah, he got a head of steam. Now I'm trying to get you before you turn those shoulder pants square. I'm trying to get you going laterly. Long as I got you going laterly.
Speaker 4: It's cool. I'm trying to get you before you get to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 1: Forget that they tossed that ball and you see the whole open up. Okay, here comes the tight end, he pay, he paying somebody. Here come the full back. He leaning up in there and he kicks out that he turns back on the linebacker.
Speaker 2: Nah, hell nah. I don't want no part of that, And doubt those are the decisions.
Speaker 1: But I think, hey, look, this was a very good this was the best game of the day thus far.
Speaker 2: We'll see what Minnesota and Chicago do last night.
Speaker 1: It's gonna have be hard press to top this one because you got forty one, you got you got forty one forty and you got two quarterbacks playing at their absolute best. Lamar Jackson was sensational. Josh Allen just so happens to have the ball, had the ball last Yes, yeah, And that's what you want to do.
Speaker 2: You want to say, give me the ball.
Speaker 1: All I want is the ball in my quarterback's hands with a chance to win the game.
Speaker 2: That's all I can ask for.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter if it's Lamar Jackson, if it's Joe Burrow, if it's Patrick Mahomes, if it's Josh Allen. All you want is that opportunity. I want my quarterback to have the ball with a chance to win the game. We need a touchdown, we need a field goal. I have the utmost confidence. Josh Allen has a ton of confidence. He always has, but now he knows he's an elite company. He has an MVP, he has an MVP, but he knows in order to get to that that that that that that tier, that take that next step on, Joe Jackie, can you imagine super Bowl winning MV, super Bowl MVP, regular season MVP. That's when Brady started separating himself. Now, all of a sudden, he got super and he got regular season mahone, super Bowl and regular season Rogers. That's what the greats do. Josh Allen was sensational to night. He was absolutely phenomenal.
Speaker 4: With a little help, with the little help from the ravens.
Speaker 1: You sometimes I got to have that Ojo, I need that. But here's the thing, he got the help. How many times have you helped somebody but they didn't help themselves. How many times did we come on here, Ojo? The game was for the taken and the team didn't take it. If you opened the door, remember the movie centers, in order for you the vampires to come in, what you have to do you had to offer, You had to ask him to come in.
Speaker 2: You had to let him in.
Speaker 1: How many times have the door been opened and the opportunity for you to come in and everybody just stood there. So the Ravens opened the door and they invited them in, and Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Says, okay, yeah, we'll take it.
Speaker 2: We're coming on in your house.
Speaker 4: Any other team, I'm trying to think any of the team.
Speaker 5: If you take the Bills out and the Ravens put up forty points, there may be maybe one or two teams.
Speaker 4: That I can think of.
Speaker 5: They have the quarterback, I have the personnel to actually come back in a game like that.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe two other team. That's about it.
Speaker 5: Other than that, I ain't nobody nobody else coming coming back and doing what.
Speaker 4: I have a question too, I got a question for you. I know the magnitude and the importance.
Speaker 5: Of the game is not as significant as this one was, but does this compare in any way to that twenty eight three comeback in that Super Bowl. I'm not comparing that. I mean, I know it's in its week one. I'm not comparing week one in the Super Bowl. I mean, just come back. Is it just as big or bigger?
Speaker 2: That's I mean. I mean twenty eight three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the biggest at that point in time, the biggest lead it ever been was like a ten to nothing with the comeback from ten to nothing, right or ten or the Patriots came back from ten down in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: They came back from twenty five.
Speaker 4: But hey, hold on, now, they scored sixteen points in four minutes. This ain't it's real life. The Bills are nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, points in four minutes.
Speaker 4: That that's not even that's that's video game stuff. So many things have to go right for you to score sixteen points in four minutes.
Speaker 1: What went right is that after on first down, dere Henry fumbler the ball that little little time, so you didn't get the full allotment of time. They didn't make their they didn't make Buffalo burn any of their timeouts on that possession. So now once you get the ball back, now they don't have any timeouts and you can let time run off the clock on your next possession. But no, Josh, Josh was sensational. Give Buffalo credit, given credit words due. Uh, they earned this with Buffalo. I mean, excuse me, the Ravens. You you're kicking yourself. I know, you're kicking yourself. But uh, but I mean the Ravens. I mean, if you are the nine minutes more time of possession, ohoe for the Buffalo, they had ten more first downs. Third down efficiency. Buffalo was seven and fifteen. Baltimore was seven of eleven. But defensively, where the Ravens is gonna have to get better. They gave him five hundred yards of offense. They gave him five hundred yards offense. Just because Derrick Henry fumble, that doesn't mean you have to let him score. I'm just throwing out at that's food for thought. Yeah, just because somebody fumbled, you could say, you know what, y'all get the field goal. You ain't getting no touchdown, or you get nothing, or you can take the ball away, you can take it back away. So this notion that, oh, you know, dag him from Yes, Dereck Henry fumble, he'll do a better job, he'll have better ball security next time. And in that situation, sometimes it's just better to go ahead and drop live to see another day. I had a coach used to tell me all the time less stuck of my position. Coach and mid nineties ninety three and ninety four, he says. He says, sweets call me sweetheart, he says, sweetheart, you gotta know what the journey's over.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, d Henry, I understand. You gotta know when the journey is over.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: It's okay to some time to get out of bounds. It's okay, O chol to say, you know what, hey, drop to the ground, man, come on, nah nah. In that situation, the only only bag can come out of that. Nothing good could come out of that. That's why you said, well, he shouldn't step up. That's what he I mean. How many times have we seen him use that stiff arm just in this game? Remember on that law that first Law touched down run?
Speaker 3: What did he do?
Speaker 4: Get off off me?
Speaker 1: Shoved the guy to the ground. So in that situation, man, but this was a bar and burner. This was a great game. Congratulations of Buffalo Bill's hard fought victory. Scored twenty two points in the fourth quarter, outscored Baltimore twenty two sixth in the fourth and they win the ball game forty one miss Pat Also O Joe, remember Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Mister p A.
Speaker 1: T Right bounced the way. Now they would have need a field goal only ties. Ye, yeah, going the overtime. So but boy, that was that?
Speaker 2: What the bar? What a bar and burner of a game? Oh choe yo.
Speaker 1: The Ravens had a ninety nine point one percent win probability up forty to twenty five with less than five minutes to go in the first game.
Speaker 2: Is the raigning NFL MVP.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen went thirty three or forty six three ninety four two touchdown three or ninety four yards two touchdowns, and he also had fourteen carres for thirty yards. Two more scores right now. Yeah, he's the early he's the you know, he showed why he won the award. He's gonna be off AFC Offensive Player of the Week, and he's you know, I think like the a lot of sites had Lamar as the favorite, but Josh Allen ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 5: No, Listen, It's all gonna come down to all the way towards the end because they're gonna be making these kind of plays all season long, regardless of playing. And I think the funny thing about it when I think about the Ravens and we talk about the defense, most of the time, the defense is always ahead of offense. Because all the defense have to do, they have to read and react. I think one of the few the Ravens might be one of the few teams with the offense and the Bills as well. The offense is ahead of the defense because the people they have at the quarterback position. Yeah, but because they have at the quarterback position.
Speaker 1: But if you look at it, this is an offensive team. Your best players, your best player, Lamar Jackson, he's on offense. Your second best player, Deack Henry, he's on offense. Your probably your fourth or fifth best player, if he's not third.
Speaker 2: Zay Flowers he's on offense. So naturally, so of your top.
Speaker 1: Ten players, probably three of the top five are on the offense side of the football. With that being said, this is not good enough Ravens defensively. I know it's one game. I know it's one game. But a lot of these quarterbacks. You got Joe Burrow, he could throw the ball. He struggled today.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, go ahead.
Speaker 1: But the Ravens don't have a Miles Garrett mm hmm. The Steelers. That quarterback. I don't know if y'all saw him to day what he did in the Meadowlands. He can throw the ball. Patrick Mahomes can throw the ball. Justin Herbert can throw the ball. If you don't, if you do not pressure these quarterbacks, they will light you up. And look at the receivers that Burrow has, Look at the receivers that Justin Herbert is gonna be playing with. You saw what what?
Speaker 2: What? Uh? Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: So it's got Hey, I'm just saying, they're gonna have to go back to the drawing board. Lamar got into it that somebody threw a drink on Dack Henry and then you saw Lamar get into it. The fans shoved him and Lamar shoved him back. Just be careful, Just be careful, Lamar, the.
Speaker 4: Fan gotta be careful.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 4: You can't reach out to saying this the players.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: But it ain't it ain't worth just getting a lawsuit.
Speaker 1: It ain't worth it, o Joe, because even if if they throw it out, guess what you gotta do. You got to have an attorney to defend it. Take you for somebody to know. So just just Lamar, I'm just saying, I understand. Look fans, keep your hands, keep your hands inside the wall unless that's your player. Hey, Lamar, just just be careful. That's all I'm gonna say. Just be careful, oh Joe. The Steelers went on the road beat the Jets thirty four to thirty two. Aaron Rodgers threw four touchdown passes. If I'm not mistaken, it's his first game with four touchdown passes and no interceptions since twenty twenty one. Aaron Rodgers threw four touchdown passes in his Steelers debut. Rogers after the game, there were probably people in the organization that didn't think I could play anymore, So it was nice to remind those people that I still can. I'm just happy to be Everybody associated with the Jets, were you surprised?
Speaker 2: How will Aaron Rodgers look today? Well?
Speaker 5: I wasn't surprise, obviously, based on the team he's at, where he is, what he has to work with. Offensively, the Steelers, obviously, their identity is their defense. Even though they looked okay because the God damned Justin Justin Fields. They were playing some ball today, boy, Yes, hey, Justin Fields and the boy were playing some ball today. But I'm happy for Aaron. He had DK metcalf. They had very very very good chemistry, very good chemistry.
Speaker 4: He could you some he call some good balls. And outside of that, I mean, they look really good.
Speaker 5: And this is what I really expected for the Steelers to have a quarterback that is for a time m v P Super Bowl winning quarterback and putting putting the right pieces around him, and all he has to do is do is ask of them and don't turn the ball over.
Speaker 4: Just don't turn the ball over, and you will always.
Speaker 2: Have a chance.
Speaker 5: And that's that's exactly what they had today. That's exactly what they had to take. Let let defense take care everything.
Speaker 1: And again what happened it was a turnover with the fumble. Hey hey, look, we know Aaron Rodgers can have games like this. He looked like the old Aaron Rodgers, not an old Aaron Rodgers, the old Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers twenty two or thirty two, forty four or four touchdowns, just got after him a little bit, got him sacked in four times, did a great job of neutralizing the run, only fifty yards on twenty carries. Then you go to the other side, justin fields looked really look played really well. Today sixteen to twenty two to eighteen one touchdowns. They had one hundred and eighty two rushing. Yeah, but when you get a situation like that, you got to killing that with a sledgehammer. Yes, you can't leave a team with these type quarterbacks. You can't let him hang around on Joe.
Speaker 4: They'll find a way to beat you every time.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: When you get a team down and they got a great quarterback on that side of the football, rogers can still beat you.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen can beat you. Of the homes.
Speaker 1: These guys, they can beat you. You better put them away when you get a chance, even hanging around on Joe.
Speaker 5: Okay, But the funny thing about it, when teams get in the situation where you can kill a ant with a sledgehammer, everything gets conservative. Calling gets conservative because now I don't want to be responsible for the loss, as opposed to let's keep our footing a pedal and just kill them right away. But no, every time, on every single time, which is why I tweeted what I tweeted to night. While the Ravens and Bills are playing every time listen, it looks like a blowout. But for some reason, in every football game, the play calling mistakes, they get conservative, things happen, fumbles, interception, and for some reason the game always ends closer than what it should be.
Speaker 1: You know, you turn the ball over, you give the Packers a short feel, and the next thing you know, the game is boom boom boom. Give a Jaalen Ramsey credit.
Speaker 2: He got it.
Speaker 1: You can't go lo jailing now. You can't take out the lead blocker by taking out his knees. They won't allow you to do that on the deferent side of the football. You used to could, but you can't do that anymore. But he says, Okay, don't worry about it. I'll make up for it.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 2: I make up for it. He dropped the ham on Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 1: I take the thing you gotta You gotta know that guy's over there, oyo, because what are they trying not to do? Let you out of bounds. So if they're not gonna let you out of bounds, what does that mean? Somebody's close to.
Speaker 5: The sidelines, the sidelines and keeping everything inside, and so now.
Speaker 2: Her rams see him.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me get some bow barbecue sauce, because I'm gonna put some sauce on the ReBs.
Speaker 2: That was it. That's what happened.
Speaker 5: That was a text that was a textbook tackle too now, textbook that was teach tape, teaching tape on how to tackle in not getting no flag.
Speaker 4: That was nice.
Speaker 1: That was that was That was an unbelievable play by an unbelievable player. But I thought, I thought Justin Field showed great poise. Uh did a great job. He's only sacked once.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The tackle got beat really bad. He got beat really really quick. Uh Uh. And I think because I thought they had something on that play looking at it, they had they had something. If the court if the tackle doesn't get beat so quick, hot Smith beats him clean, and and and and and Fields really doesn't even get a chance, really gets a chance to do much of anything.
Speaker 2: But I was impressed with Rogers. Now I didn't know. I'm not finish.
Speaker 1: Sit here and tell you I saw four touchdowns and no turnovers twenty two or thirty.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I knew they were gonna try to run, to try to establish the run.
Speaker 1: But that's why you got a guy like Rogers, because if we can't run it, we feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: If we can protect him, he can make plays.
Speaker 1: He can still make plays off his back, but he still can roll out in the pocket and throw with pinpoint accuracy. He still has those capabilities. He's not as elusive as he once was. Hey, we're not the same people that at twenty, at thirty were wor at twenty five, We're not the same people at thirty five, we're wor at thirty. Rogers what forty forty one years of age. He's definitely not the same person athleticsly, athletically, athletically as he was in his thirties.
Speaker 2: But his arm, his ability to change armslots, his ability to move on the run throwing the run.
Speaker 1: Now he don't have the foot speedy once dead o Joe, He's not gonna really beat you like he once could with his legs. But his arm is still dangerous. His arm is still very, very dangerous, very much. I didn't see the four touchdowns if somebody would have told me, because I see.
Speaker 2: Two forty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think either team is really happy. One team gave up thirty four, the other team gave up thirty two. Now, hey, if I give up thirty two and I win, I'm happy. But there are some concerning things that I saw, but I thought, I but if I think, if you're Mike Tomlin, you're like, Okay, I think we found our quarterback.
Speaker 2: And you look at the receivers. You look at DK doing what he did.
Speaker 1: You look at Calvin Austin the third friar Mouth had a big play scronic catchups that he normally a special teams maybe came from I think he was at the Rams.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm remember him from.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he was came from there last year a couple of years ago, but I remember him at the Rams a special team. Mabn caught a touchdown, recovered the fumble. But I like, I like what I saw from the Jets. There are some positives, absolutely, there are some positives that you can take out of this.
Speaker 2: You're just like, man, we had it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you give up seventeen points, just like the Ravens gave up twenty two points.
Speaker 2: You gave up seventeen points in the fourth quarter. You can't. You're not gonna win.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna win very many games giving up that that kind of in the fourth quarter. But uh, the Steelers, the Steelers, the Steelers played well.
Speaker 2: Look, Steelers are one and oh.
Speaker 1: In that division, Cincinnati is one and oh, and you got Cleveland Baltimore bottom of the vision at both oh and one. It's early one game of the season. One game does not make a season. Then lose or draw. But I definitely like teaching after a win than I do a loss. Yes, now I might have your undivided attention more so after loss than a win, But I like teaching after win. So Stevens, what you're thinking, how many? How many wins? Ten eleven Steelers twelve? Yeah, that's a good.
Speaker 5: One, just off the off the quarterback alone, if you can be consistent and not turn them all over and show us vented signs of old Aaron Rodgers, old Green Bay Packers Aaron Rodgers. Yeah, they could win win more than that, especially if the defense carries him, because the defense is our identity. Now the defense is their identity. I got them winning more than ten, more than ten easily.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: No, I'm saying, if it all comes down to your quarterback, If the league look at the landscape of the league, of the team that are always successful year in and year out, what's the common denominator on what each one of those teams have? They have a competent quarterback that puts them in the best situations to win weekend and week out. And that's something that the Stealers have now, which is why Tomlin had no problem going to get Aaron Rodgers. Hey wait, look, we don't need it to be Aaron Rodgers down there and god damn Green Bay.
Speaker 4: We don't need that. If we can get.
Speaker 5: Flashes of brilliance every so often, and you do what we ask of you and don't turn the ball over, we can hand it all from time to time to take them the pressure off of you.
Speaker 4: DK.
Speaker 5: Make the plays, Calvi dustin the third, you make your plays, fire Mouth, how you say his last name? Yeah, make your plays. We're gonna be fine. Let the defense do all the heavy lifting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I like what I saw with DK. Did a great job of getting the ball in his hands. He dropped one early and then he came back and made two spectacular plays turned on the after burners, like the gout out down the sideline. I saw Calvin Austin catch a touchdown. He played. He played well today friar Mouth, when given opportunity, he did what he does. Scronic they slept on him, did to run the over out. You know, Rogers liked to throw them all outside the pocket. They're like, they don't have a problem putting them on the move. He does a great job because if you roll him to the left, he can open his hips up and still get the completion. A lot of right, a lot of the right handed quarterbacks or left handed quarterbacks that have to roll right, or right handed quarterback that got to roll left.
Speaker 2: It's awful lot to throw.
Speaker 1: On the move because you got to open your hips up, especially if it's not like a comeback with a guy.
Speaker 2: You know, you rolling that way and you just throw it.
Speaker 1: But sometimes you got to open your hips, and I think Rogers does that as good as anybody that's ever ever played the game. I like what I saw from the Pittsburgh Stedi. I like what I saw from the Steelers. I like justin Fields. I like what I saw today. I can if I if I'm a g I'm going to say, son A, I know you disappointed that we didn't win, but there's no question in my mind, you showed a lot of improvement.
Speaker 2: You showed a lot of growth. Today.
Speaker 1: We can win a lot with you playing like you played today, son we can win a lot of football games. We can win a lot of football games. So Steelers go to one and oh, Jets fall to and one thirty four thirty two. You know, Rogers had something to prove, you know, a hey, you didn't want me, you didn't play, say I want to be everybody that's associated. You know, he gave it a little bit. He like, hey, y'all got some fun me walking off the field to day him with thanks, were walking next to Cam. Hey, he like, y'all, y'all, y'all got some fun.
Speaker 2: Y'all. Look y'all, y'all, y'all, y'all.
Speaker 1: Uh So, But like I said, I think the Jets that division it's Buffalo's Yeah, it's Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Miami looked horrible on both sides of the ball. Oh Joe, don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: They look horrible. Don't do that. Don't do that. Don't do that. No, they did that. I didn't do nothing. The Packers beat the Lions twenty seven thirteen. Geordan Loved threw a pair of touchdowns and Michael Parson had a sack. Of it's Green Bay debut, the Packers delivered an exceptional defensive performance after getting out scored ninety nine to forty in the first half of the NFC North games last year, the Packers got points on their opening three possessions.
Speaker 2: O Jo, you like the Packers to be favored in the NFC North now.
Speaker 4: Man had here? Yeah, boy, you see them boys today? Boy, you see Jordan Jordan Love dealing Molden Nicks dogs.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: Read Maybe JOHNH. Jacobs, johsh Jacob was trying to, you know, get loose a little bit. You know, you weren't able to go crazy defensively. The Packers look good too, you know they can. They contain Jamiir Gibbs didn't have a huge game, they contained Montgomery didn't have a huge game. But I see a team, especially from offen the standpoint, like the Detroit Lions. They gonna be alright, they gonna be alright. But what I'm seeing from the pack this early in the season is phenomenal. Jordan Love was wheeling and dealing all game loan, all game long.
Speaker 1: They didn't have a ton of plays, now, I mean they had I mean forty five actual plays, so they might have had fifty total plays.
Speaker 2: And if you count the pen of this stuff.
Speaker 1: Oho, when you look at Jordan Love with sixteen to twenty two one eighty eight two touchdowns. They only had twenty five rushing temps for seventy eight yards. The Packers did a tremendous job getting off to Jered Goff. He's not mobile, so we know where he's gonna be right there. He ain't going nowhere. He's gonna be right there. So they didn't run the ball. Montgomery couldn't get anything going. Gibbs couldn't get anything going. You know, Gibbs had ten receptions for thirty one yards along of seven.
Speaker 2: That's not what you use. Your need.
Speaker 1: You need Amarah, you need Jamison, you need James. They need their their j MO to stretch the field, arm and rad to to keep the chains moving and then we'll screen past you. We'll swing it to one of the backs out of the backfield laport. They need to get more out of here. But they Green Bay was swarming today. They got they got after today. Rashawn Gary, you talked, we had him on the show. I'm having a big year where he got somebody that you're gonna send the double and him, so he's gonna get.
Speaker 4: A lot of one on one absolutely.
Speaker 1: And everybody don't got tackles like like and and and I think, who's the other tackle over there?
Speaker 4: I forgot who's on the left side.
Speaker 2: Is it Decker?
Speaker 1: The starting left tackle for Detroit, Taylor the Taylor Decker. Yeah, everybody don't got tackles like that. And then you got those guys, you got what they can. They can bring pressure from a lot of different areas. Van Ne's Wyatt.
Speaker 4: Look good.
Speaker 5: And you know what you think you talk about all the things that we used to see in Detroit. Doing the Detroit offense is so explosive because they're able to establish the run, able to establish run, but not being able to stablish the run today and get those chunk plays six seven yards here, having them forcing forcing Detroit to maybe have to I mean forcing the package, maybe have to drop the Saints down in the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for a little help.
Speaker 5: So it eliminates everything else you want to do on the back end, because you can't get nothing going on the front end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to established to run, Oh joe, for the simple fact, I don't have a mobile quarterback right, able to have a mobile quarterback. So if the play breakdown, See here's the thing. A lot of these quarterbacks you need now moving forward, what you're starting to see, you need guys at the quarterback position get off script. So if I if I call something, even if I don't call the perfect play, he can get me out of that play with his legs. He can get me out of there and buy me time. Because a lot of times can a guy get off sheet? Can a guy get away from the play that you call and make something out of it? So if I just give you this ingredients, can you make something tasty with the ingredients and I gave you? Or can you just like man, I don't worry about this. I got something better. That's not what Jerry Gofiel.
Speaker 2: We know who and what.
Speaker 1: Jerry Godfield, he can throw them all over Joe, but he ain't making no plays.
Speaker 2: That's our script.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, there are a handful of quarterbacks where a coach can call it play and he sees something completely different and he can make yes, call the right defense. But damn now we're stuck. Yes, use my legs making something out of nothing. There are very few that can do it.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: Detroit's offense failed to score touchdown through three quarters, which hadn't happened since twenty twenty three, Week seven at Baltimore. And that was my concern though, Joe, Okay, you got the same guys, but they're not Ben Johnson, the guy that's calling plays now, he didn't go audition for a head coaching job. He's never been He's never auditioned, he's never been a head coaching before. He's never been an offensive coordinator before. So you're asking someone, you put someone in a position, and I'm not saying that he can't be good or he won't be good in the future, but I'm saying it's gonna you gotta have some growing pains. I mean, I've never seen a kid be able to just all of a sudden grow from walking. I mean go from calling to walking without falling and busting his butt or her butt or hitting his head on.
Speaker 2: That's just the part. That's just the part of walking, right.
Speaker 1: So a part of calling plays when you've never done it, is to go through trial and error, to go through growing pains. And they're gonna have some of these in Detroit, Ojo, they are you lost both you bought your DC and your OC. It's gonna be some growing pains. It's gonna be some growing pains, and uh, do I think they'll figure it out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do. I think that. I think they'll figure it out. But uh, it's not.
Speaker 1: Gonna be as smooth and as seamless as IF as it has been the last couple of years, that's for sure. But uh but I thought Green Bay defensively, defensively, that's what look cause I agree with you, Joe.
Speaker 2: They can run the football.
Speaker 1: They look they got RECEIVERD And I don't look at any of these guys that. Oh man, I'm just I ain't looking at none of these guys like I look at a Chase like I look at a Jetta. Right Well, they can, they can.
Speaker 5: And there is one if, if if he's all that he's been advertised by in Matthew Golden, He's supposed to be similar to that, which is why they got him in the in the in the first round.
Speaker 4: He's a four to two guy.
Speaker 5: We weren't able to see that for to today. He did make some plays, but I'm excited to see what they do with him going forward.
Speaker 4: And Jayden Reid nice, all nice.
Speaker 1: What scares your bottom, Ojo, is that because from week the week, you don't know see you set your game plan. You're like, Okay, we gotta take this guy away. We gotta take Chase away, we gotta take Jeed away, we gotta take c d away. There are certain guys you go into the game. Who are you trying to take away?
Speaker 2: You don't?
Speaker 4: You never, you never? Week It varies with them.
Speaker 1: We get God, there's not a whole lot of difference between Dobbs read wis.
Speaker 2: Ain't a whole lot of difference. O't yoe.
Speaker 1: They're all about this out you know. Uh and then uh, Christian he's not there. He's your speed merchant. He just can't stay healthy. He's phenomenal. I like him a lot, but he just can't stay healthy.
Speaker 5: He won't be back up until later in the season now, I mean way back.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And you know he had a when you normally guys that have that kind of speed didn't normally have they they bound, they wound tight, so they normally have hamstring issues. He's battled a lot of hamstring issues. Yes, But I did like what I saw from Green Bay offensively, even though they didn't do it.
Speaker 2: They didn't have a whole lot of plates. Uh.
Speaker 1: The stats don't jump off at you. They probably had what two hundred and sixty yards, but you only gave up thirteen points, and they gave up that on a spectacular catch that got caught the ball one hand over outstretch.
Speaker 2: I can live with that.
Speaker 1: But green Bay defensively, those guys were hunting today.
Speaker 4: They were they were they were hunting.
Speaker 1: They were hunting today, and that's what you're gonna need, you know, boy, I'm already chopping at the bit.
Speaker 2: I want to see Week four.
Speaker 4: Wait week for Dallas, Dallas in the Packers.
Speaker 2: Green Bay and green Bay Gold.
Speaker 4: Hey wait, I'm telling you Dallas Dallas. They're playing in Dallas.
Speaker 2: They're playing in Dallas.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's go to the game.
Speaker 2: O can't. I ain't going to the game. You can go.
Speaker 4: No, I'm asking let's go to the game. So I mean we can.
Speaker 5: We can live shooting the whole game. Me and you sitting there watching the game, chilling in the and the stands like that's that's that's you know.
Speaker 4: No like a live broadcast, Uncle, nocho live it pack I.
Speaker 2: Ain't trying to do I ain't trying to do five hours of TV.
Speaker 5: It's just I'm telling you unk Man. Ash Man talked unk Man.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's uh. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they got some some stuff drawing up for him to try to, you know, try to, But Michael gonna be, Michael gonna be coming. He believes, he believed there's not anybody on the defensive on the offensive line that can block it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Hell, there ain't.
Speaker 5: Nobody on any defensive line that can actually block him on any other other thirty one team.
Speaker 1: So he gonna be, he gonna be, he gonna be chomping, chomping at the bit. I'm ex out of see that game. But they look good today, not just Michaeh but the Packers defense in general. Kwai Walker, Wyatt, Sean Gary, all those guys looked extremely well. They were they were getting after them, and it's easy to get me. Look, when you become one dimensional, that's where everybody wants to try to stablish some resemblance of a run game. Once you become one dimensional, and those guys like, okay, we're gonna play the run on the way to the quarterback.
Speaker 4: It's a rap.
Speaker 1: It's a rap. It is it is an absolute rap. And Green Bay look good today. Just Jordan Love look good today. Sixteen to twenty two eight two touchdowns. Look, Jerry Goff had thirty nine attempts. He had two and twenty five yards if you take the sack yards out, he had two hundred yards passing on thirty nine pass attempts. He completed thirty one passes. So that tells me if there are a lot of checkdowns. O Joe, you got thirty nine pass attempts and you ain't got more than two hundred and fifty yards. You got two hundred and twenty five yards, So that means, hey, that tells me you sure fishing. You ain't got nothing deep. All you do is you throw a little cane pole out there.
Speaker 2: Yep. He had he had.
Speaker 5: He had to get the ball out early. Yeah, ball had to come out early. Went through progression. Okay, boom Nest covers. Boom Nest covered that boom Nest cover. I got to get it down yep.
Speaker 2: And uh, well the packers knew that.
Speaker 1: Once the packers got him down on Joe, and you can't run the ball, so they know you got to throw and they and they know that, we know the ball got to come out quick. So hey, those guys did a great job today. What packers got got four sacks, countless pressures. Uh van Ness had a sack, had Rashan Garrett had a sack and a half.
Speaker 2: Van Ness had point five. Wyatt had a sack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they you know, they'll go and work it working in they we don't want to. We don't want to stress him too much. The back, know the back, and so we'll put more on his plate here. He played twenty nine snaps twenty nine of the Wow he played twenty nine or the fifty two fifty three total snaps excuse me counting county snaps. That a pretty good day. Yeah, add some pressures, have sack.
Speaker 4: But he has some good battles with Sewel too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're gonna have that. Bingles beat the Browns seventeen sixteen. The Browns out game the Bengals three twenty seven to one forty one and had the ball for nearly thirty six minutes. But it wasn't enough. And this is why you need to find your quarterback. I don't know why y'all fooling with Joe Flacco. Y'all know Joe Flacco's not taking y'all anywhere. He's not your quarterback of your future. If I'm gonna lose. I'm gonna lose trying to find out who my quarterback is.
Speaker 2: That's just me. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't care if it's Gabriel, I don't care if it should do.
Speaker 2: I don't care who it is. I just know Joe Flacco in your quarterback.
Speaker 4: It don't matter who was at the quarterback.
Speaker 5: It could have been Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: You miss the field goal, and you, mister p at So, don't say that.
Speaker 5: Let me finish, Let me cook, Let me cook. The Bengals one to Day, the Bengals one to Day, seventeen sixteen. The football dods were on our side. That's what happened today. That's what happened today. Every time the Bengals played the Cleveland Browns, the games are always like this.
Speaker 4: It's sloppy.
Speaker 5: A lot of people look at the stat line, Oh my god, Chase, he didn't have that many catches. Look at the yards you had. They look at Higgins, you'd have an the catches. Look him in the yards you had anytime you played the brown defense. I've said this countless times on Nightcap and people laugh at me. Oh the Browns suck. The Browns have a very, very very good defense. They match up very well with the Bengals offense. Their front forward Mount Garrett is very good. What do they do to throw off the timing? You can't go quick game because all they gonna do is have Greg Newsome up and pressed, have dimsel Ward up and pressed.
Speaker 4: And there's no quick game because now boom, you drop back to throw the ball. Miles Garrett is on Joe Burrow's.
Speaker 2: Ass, and I told you have two sacks too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, you try to run, you try to run quick game.
Speaker 5: You can't run quick game because because them two fools on the outside are really good at playing bumping and run. It's throwing off the time of the offense, yep. Which is why the game looked the way it did today. And it's always like that when you play a divisional opponent that knows your tendency's they're familiar with your offense, they're familiar with your players.
Speaker 4: It is what it is. It's always a tough game anytime you play them.
Speaker 5: Hell, it's been damn near twenty some years since I played.
Speaker 4: And our games wasn't just like this against the Browns.
Speaker 1: It's Joe Flacco thirty one or forty five to ninety a touchdown.
Speaker 5: Two picks, Yeah, we have we have some drops. We have we had we had we talk about week. I'm sorry, I don't play for the Browns. Two picks, my receivers, my receivers in general, my receivers had some drops. We got to fix those things. We got to my receivers. Regards to what team he played for. We got to help our quarterback out. We got damn oh for sure, that's it.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But in Cleveland, you know and see, these are the type of games, oh, Joe, that gives you confidence. These are the kind of games you gotta win. Yeah, you can't lose a game like this. You miss a pat you miss a field a field goal. I mean, this is what's frustrating because if I'm on that team, I know Joe Flacco's not taking us anywhere. I know that everybody knows that he.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that bad today. You know he was two here, he wasn't he wasn't that bad.
Speaker 2: He had two picks.
Speaker 5: The picks were catches, were catchab with balls that popped up in the air.
Speaker 1: How about this here, The Bengals had one hundred and fifty nine yards.
Speaker 2: Well, let me take that back. Let me take that back, Let me take that back, let me take you back. Let me no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: Just the NFL game Joe Burrow, who led the league in passing yards and touchdowns last year.
Speaker 2: They had one hundred and forty one total yards.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, do we understand who they were playing? I get it, I understand it.
Speaker 1: How many times do you think of the NFL team you will win a game and you have one hundred and forty one total yards?
Speaker 2: How many games? So what we're gonna do starting this week?
Speaker 4: Charge?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 4: Wait, every week?
Speaker 5: Are the Cincinnati Big on playing that that that Brown defense? Absolutely not, because next week when we play and Chase go for two hundred and god damn t and go for one point fifty? Then what it's based on the personnel you have. That's why the game looked the way it did today.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna we're gonna chart how many games a team win when they have one hundred and forty one A few a yard.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter what somebody else does.
Speaker 1: We should talk about the team the one forty one, not not if it's Chased, if it's just the Bengals I'm talking about every team.
Speaker 2: How many teams will win.
Speaker 1: A game when they have one hundred and forty one yards of offense?
Speaker 4: Not many, Not many.
Speaker 2: That's my point. That's all. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen, you you played in tough divisions, especially AFC North, and you know how most of the time it's low scoring games is back and forth. Whoever makes the least mistakes normally wins those games.
Speaker 2: Normal since that.
Speaker 1: Score, I mean, if Cleveland says, you know what, Cincinnati want to go score three points in the second half, right, Oh, we take we take that. We have we have the ball eleven more minutes. We're nine of sixteen on third down, we're two of three on fourth down. We have twenty two more plays. We double them up on yardage. We average four point six yards per play. The average two point nine.
Speaker 4: And you understand too, you've been in the AFC.
Speaker 5: You know how to know how to especially listen Ravens, ra Vins, Steelers, Browns, Bengals. When they play, we know each other extremely well. It's like being married and as a husband, you start a sentence and your wife could finish it off. Yes, they play each other, they know exactly what's coming. It's nip and tuck. Whoever makes the least amount of stake mistakes in those games normally wins it. Sometimes it's low scoring. Sometimes you get games that's high scoring, sometime very rare.
Speaker 4: But listen, we.
Speaker 5: Pull this one off the day and all I can say is we want to know and at the top of the division in the listen, the AFC North runs through Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Man Baltimore, Baltimore go dropped seventeen points on y'all who Baltimore?
Speaker 5: He's about He's about the Wire the movie, the movie, the movie.
Speaker 2: The movie was.
Speaker 4: Filmed in Baltimore. The movie The Wires was filming Baltimore.
Speaker 2: All that know what?
Speaker 4: On one the Ravens are all one.
Speaker 2: They won't be over the one against Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: You want you want to best something?
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 5: That's anybody else in the chat. If you want to bet Baltimore versus the Raids.
Speaker 2: He ain't gonna he ain't gonna He ain't gonna pay, he ain't gonna pay. I'm gonna pay.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna pay as long as I owe him that they will never be broke.
Speaker 1: Uh but I was I'm not surprised how well the big uh the Browns defense, because I told you, Miles Gary is gonna be disruptive.
Speaker 2: They got no answer for.
Speaker 1: Him as Yeah, I mean, hey, Joe Burrow probably say he.
Speaker 2: Read he ran he ran an exit stunt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it came up the middle, O Joe, I know, damn will heiny't somebody turn all the people y'all could run let run Scott three and hit me in my y'all?
Speaker 2: Did let this dude do that?
Speaker 4: And he give it?
Speaker 5: It's the funny thing about it. Miles give everybody problems one problems. Listen, he played three techniques. He he gets screwed over to the five very very so often, very very often he'll go he even go to the nine.
Speaker 4: Wait, I got that backwards.
Speaker 5: The other ways. Flip yea flip it. Yeah, always at the nine. I'm talking about why nine two?
Speaker 2: Yeah? About why he looking at his line of like which one of y'all let that motherkle hit me?
Speaker 4: Held on?
Speaker 5: Hey, did you see the play he did on on Orlando Brown? Yes, so wide and did like a euro step, the euro step over and over just to get around.
Speaker 4: And that's where he came up. The minute I'm like, what the hell is he doing?
Speaker 1: He got he got a a man that big shouldn't be that athletic. I mean he can bend the edge of that. That first step is everything for a defensive end or edge rusher. He can, Hey, he can generate speed the power because hey, he getting wide and he know you got to kick to it. And he knows when you got kicked, when you got to kick, you ain't dropp no anchor. So he just bully he he just yeah, kim it, Joe. But uh, look, last year the Bengals would have found a way to lose this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this year they found a way to win the game.
Speaker 1: Cleveland Like, hey, we wish hey keep plugging away, keep plugging away with Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Y'all got to find a quarterback.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ident, I'm gonna say it before we go on to the next game.
Speaker 4: Okay, leveland Brown's are very good.
Speaker 5: I continue to say it over and over every time you're on the show. Before the season started, their defense is really good. I have a I had a conversation with Zach Taylor. I went to the I went to the walk through Thursday. I'm like, hey, Zach, I understand we're playing the Browns. Can we do this offen, Yeah, I mean we just just just chip talk, just chit Jack. How come you can't do this, you know, offensively, to go play the Browns and so we can score a lot of points. First thing, he says, Yead, they're.
Speaker 4: Not They're there.
Speaker 5: They're very few teams that are built and have the personnel that can play with any high power offense, and the Browns are probably the best at it. Their front four, their back end is extremely, extremely good.
Speaker 4: They line those dudes up.
Speaker 5: If you if you, I mean, we don't watch all twenty two, but if you watch all twenty two. Oh yeah, man, the man safety right there in the middle of the field were playing ball like the old school Raiders.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They got some good differ. They got some good defensive players. They do really good.
Speaker 2: That number ninety five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ninety five zero, and they got damn Denzel Ward man, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: The boys good.
Speaker 1: The Commanders beat the Giants twenty one to six. New York offense did not look competitive with Russell running it. I was checking back and forth in this game. It seemed like every time I turned it, it was putting the ball. Russ was pressured on sixteen of its forty five dropbacks thirty five percent, and handled that pressure quite poorly. He was two of twelve twenty six yards, sacked twice when pressure. New York managed his two hundred thirty one yards of total offense average three point two yards per rush, stumbled twice into the red zone. When asked if he would consider starting Jackson Dark, excuse me Dark next week, dave Ball said, We're gonna get home and look at our game. When asked if Wilson would start against the Cowboys, dave Ball was equally noncommittal. We're talking about after every game. I've got confidence in Russ. We'll go back evaluate the tape. This game isn't on Russell Wilson. It's not a Russell Wilson. Let's make that clear. I have confidence in Russ. We have to do a better job all the way around.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It was reported that and like I said, maybe I didn't stay long enough to see Dark get any snaps.
Speaker 2: Did he get any snaps in this game? Oh Joe, did you watch?
Speaker 5: I had all the games on at one at one time at the sportsbook, so I'm not sure at what point where Jackson Dart might have come in. When I was watching, I was watching Russell Wilson.
Speaker 4: Most of the time he was running.
Speaker 1: No, you know he didn't come in Okay, okay, because there were rapports that he was supposed to have a package. They would have a package or two for Jackson Dark but Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson was seventeen to thirty seven, one sixty eight, sacked twice under twenty six quarterback rating. They had twenty They had what seventy four rush yards on twenty three rushing temp go ahead on Joe.
Speaker 5: No, I won't say that, goddamn defensive line, but they had rush running for his life every time it. In fact, even throw a ball. The passing lanes was going because everybody in his face. Everybody was in his face most of the time. Most of the game.
Speaker 4: Every time I looked up, I looked at the TV to the left.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, God, damn Russ.
Speaker 5: Every time I look up, you getting hit, You're getting sacked, You're running for your life. There's certain things you can't put on the quarterback, regardless of who you put in there. You have Jackson Darton had to deal with that. But what I saw.
Speaker 4: Today, Man show I don't. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think anything would have been any different because he would have been running for his life.
Speaker 2: True,