Speaker 1: And we've got a brand new second date update for you. Thanks so much for being here on the podcast. And Man and today is like a little unusual because the first date that this couple had was eleven months ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, usually we know it's like two weeks. We're like, oh, that's kind of long.
Speaker 1: Ye is eleven months And you'll find out why it's been that long. I mean, I don't know that the reason is going to make the guy feel good, but you'll hear it in just a second. But first, let's get to some of our favorite comments of the week. Alexis, what do you got?
Speaker 2: Yes, Jamil Raymond said, Hi from Pakistan. Dating in the US is getting crazier to craziest. That is so true. I will say it really helps because we are a radio.
Speaker 1: Show and we're syndicated in over like fifty cities and that has like changed the game for us in order to find all these people. And not to mention dating apps, Yes, dating apps have added a new level of crazy that never was there before. I could set my location to Pakistan right now and see who's there and cause some drama there you go, We're bringing crazy to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's get this show started.
Speaker 3: Right now, second date up date. In terms of the amount of time it takes between the first date and the second date, what do you think is optimal? Like three to four days, at least a week.
Speaker 4: You don't want to.
Speaker 3: Go back to back? Maybe two weeks? Is that pushing it too long?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 3: Okay, because for our listener, Nuss, you're like out of town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's delicate though, because you don't want to lose the momentum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the hard part.
Speaker 3: Well, for our listener, Amanda, she's going on eleven months.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, I mean, do we need to tell her to move on at this point?
Speaker 3: Well, hold on, because she says she has a good reason for that. Okay, so let's talk to her. Amanda, thanks for being on with us. Start at the very beginning here. Tell us who is this guy and how did you meet him?
Speaker 2: And how do you remember his name after eleven months?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 3: Yes, if you waited eleven months to get back together with well, his.
Speaker 4: Name is Jordan, so you know it reminds me of basketball, so I cann't forget him.
Speaker 1: Wowron, this is eleven months ago.
Speaker 2: You went on a date with this guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I did?
Speaker 3: And where did you meet? Him.
Speaker 4: I met him on hinge okay, and she was very nice, like our interactions were kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Actually, are you sure you remembering right since it was so long.
Speaker 4: Yes, because usually I won't go on a date with them unless they're funny.
Speaker 3: Okay, he checks nice and kind of funny. I know you find out he was funny.
Speaker 1: I mean I wouldn't match people whose prompts are all serious. That's actually, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be with someone who was boring.
Speaker 3: What did you guys do for a date?
Speaker 4: So what we ended up going on a coffee date, and yeah, that's my thing. I love you.
Speaker 5: That's good because sometimes if I from a guy perspective, if a girl says coffee date, that means I want to be very slow.
Speaker 3: I just want a quick fit high.
Speaker 1: I'm not away feel like it's I'm not sure if you're hot from your picture or let me see you in the daytime.
Speaker 4: Well that's the face time. But we've moved past that. So okay, we met up, and I kept thinking, like, honestly, like I don't know if this guy's in my league, Like there was something.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, like in a good way or a bad way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your league.
Speaker 4: So I know this sounds like maybe stupid, but I just thought he could dress better, Like I didn't really like his styal.
Speaker 3: You know, that's actually really common.
Speaker 5: I actually have friends, and I'm sure I'm in the same boat where like you realize we don't really know how to dress up than the way we.
Speaker 2: Always Here's the thing, clothes are always fixable.
Speaker 4: That's true, I know. But I made a comment about the crocs and I'm like, I don't know about that cross.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I don't think it's no to show up to a coffee dat rugs. Yeah, you text.
Speaker 4: It's just I'm a weirdo. But I guess I was being dedgmental because you know, he was so humble and nice. I'm like, get out of your head, like it's the style. I like, I can fix him, but I don't want to come in like, hey we need new wardrobe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, second or third day. So I mean, like the bond that you had with him, like personality wise, did you feel that? So?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just didn't feel like the spark, you know, like the fireworks you know when you meet someone you're like, ooh.
Speaker 1: I thought you've been finding over this guy for the last eleven months.
Speaker 2: You didn't even like him the day you hung out with him.
Speaker 4: So here's here's like what happened. So basically, at the end of the day, we gave each other a hug and he was following up with me texting me a whole bunch, and I just felt like I didn't want to lead him.
Speaker 5: All Okay, that's actually really kind of you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, what did you say before we start praising you, how kind you are?
Speaker 4: I just said I didn't feel as smart, like we can be friends, but like no romantic interests.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and how do you take it?
Speaker 4: I think this is why I can't get him out of my head. I think because he just says I think that you're a great woman and whoever ends up with you as a lucky man. And his response is just so gracious that like almost made me cry, touched my heart.
Speaker 2: So that he was nice and not mean at the end.
Speaker 3: Being rejected specifically, that's got to be hard for a guy to be like, oh, you don't like me, but you know what, I wish the best for you.
Speaker 2: That's top three most common responses response.
Speaker 4: When I've done it before with other guys. They just react so like immature, and they honestly like try to get me harder, they start texting me more. It just makes it weird awkward.
Speaker 3: Really, No, if it's me, I'm just giving your number to one of those like scam call centers and having them spam you than crying about it. Yeah, I'm not going to try to fight for Yeah, well you reject me, then I'm going to get you a million scam calls. It just looks like I got thirty percent off your internet.
Speaker 1: Now, she just said you were There was no spark, it wasn't even Oh you don't.
Speaker 3: Have to double down. That hurts, but it's nice that he was so gracious with you.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool and it should be expected.
Speaker 3: Honestly, So that happened. That happened eleven months ago, and now you're reaching out to us like, I don't understand what's changed.
Speaker 4: I just can't get him out of my head. He's like looking there like super glue. So I don't know, it's like kind of awkward to like reach out. I'm kind of shy now and I feel bad for rejecting him, So I really need some help because I feel like I was kind of judgmental, that makes sense, and I'd like to go out with him again.
Speaker 1: I mean it is going to be hard to come back from saying there's no spark. Yeah, Like it means you're going to have to put in a little extra.
Speaker 2: Eleven months, Like do we know if you're single?
Speaker 3: It's possible, Well, we need to call him to find out. This is definitely different than what we would normally do in this segment, but person, Yeah, we'll call Jordan and be like, Amanda has decided to slum it and go down a level from where she normally would date to go out with you one more time of those crocs. Yeah, yeah, we'll see what he has to say when we do your second date update after this hold on second Date update. They say the best things in life take time. That's true, Like an aged bottle of wine, medium sized wheel of European cheese, putting together a dresser from Ikea with just two of the legs missing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I still have extra screws.
Speaker 3: And of course, finding the right person to date, not just a good one, but the right person. And it's taken our listener, Amanda eleven months to come to the realization that that guy could have been the one in the coffee shop the day that she rejected him.
Speaker 5: You know what else, They also say, Jeff, timing is everything. Yes, maybe they needed a little eleven month break.
Speaker 3: True, So it's possible all the things could align, the timing could be perfect today because she wants us to help her get a second chance with Jordan.
Speaker 2: You know, I think it's sweet.
Speaker 1: I think it shows that you have a lot of growth from eleven months ago. You know, like a little months ago you were judging somebody's clothes, not you today.
Speaker 4: Right now, I'm not as superficial broke. You're right, but I need you to help me work my magic. Like I'm in a vulnerable say I'm lonely and I just missed Jordan, and I just think that you guys can help me.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, well what willing to do that. I'm just glad that we're talking to you over the phone so that you can't see what Brook's wearing and be able to judge it, like.
Speaker 5: You actually wearing crocodiles on her feet.
Speaker 1: I will say, I like the houses where I was like this is I've done better.
Speaker 3: We've matured from that immature girl that she was eleven months ago. She can't even see and.
Speaker 4: She just knows I have zebra pants on.
Speaker 3: You guys are like a zoo together. Wow, Joe exotic brook Is. I love this bonding time that we're having. But we got to call Jordan here and hopefully he picks up. I'm gonna dial his number right now here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Jordan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mass is calling.
Speaker 3: Yes, you may ask.
Speaker 2: Such a dad joke.
Speaker 3: Ask you just having normal conversation. He can ask you this is how bros conversation. Yeah, okay, well, thank you for politely asking that. To answer your well, if you're still there to answer your question, We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning with high brow comedy. Okay, And what is this in regards to? Oh, this is actually in regards to a woman who's been trying to get a hold of you. Well, actually she has been trying, Yes she has. It's the usual. Not sure if you'll remember. This is a woman named Amanda.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know there's a lot of Amanda's right.
Speaker 3: Fair, Okay, Well, this this is a woman that you went on a date with eleven months ago.
Speaker 4: A year ago, eleven months ago? Copy date?
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm probably was it.
Speaker 4: Like a hinge date?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, oh she did tell us that.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I think I yeah, I remember Amanda. Yeah, we grabbed coffee right a long time ago.
Speaker 3: That's right. What else do you remember from your time with Amanda?
Speaker 2: It's probably wasn't much time since it was just coffee.
Speaker 4: But honestly, I just remember her ditching be.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, like when she said she didn't want to see you again?
Speaker 5: Oh that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I mean I've been turned down before, so you know, I'm kind of used to it. Oh buddy, definitely was expecting this. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, can I just tell you, Jordan's the thing that really stood out to Amanda about you was how graciously you handled her rejection over text. Okay, I know you said something like you're an amazing woman. Whatever guy ends up with you, he's going to be so lucky, and you like just wished her well.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you know what. I think I wrote that with Ai. Actually, oh wow.
Speaker 3: It was a good It was good feedback.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea to put that day.
Speaker 3: I first, I had been quick on my feet still for Amanda, it was a big moment, and you know how like sometimes women aren't as emotionally mature as us men are. The case, she has taken all this time and realized that it's possible she made a huge mistake in turning.
Speaker 2: You away, which is kind of sweet.
Speaker 1: Maybe she said that, yeah, yeah, basically yeah, she actually has even said she's really been thinking about you a lot.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 3: This is like the third time that's happened this year?
Speaker 2: What what do you mean time?
Speaker 3: What's happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, I again.
Speaker 5: I I'm used to rejection, you know, so weirdly enough, a lot of these girls they reject.
Speaker 4: Me end up calling me back say like, hey, maybe we should get another shot.
Speaker 3: What, Oh, this isn't the first time.
Speaker 2: No, are you complimented by it? Or is it like almost kind of a backhanded compliment?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, I'm more surprised than anything. Yeah, Like, how do you take that personally? Or well, if you want to be the most surprised, here's a shocker for you, because Amanda is on the other line right now, listening to this entire conversation, hoping to jump in and talk to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Amanda's surprise surprise, it's to me. Hello, how are you.
Speaker 3: Exit? I'm good.
Speaker 4: Good to you hear from you again? Yeah, you're excited to hear from me. I mean it's been a while, you know.
Speaker 5: It's definitely a surprise, you know.
Speaker 4: I feel so awkward. I feel like I'm stuttering and like I don't know. But yes, I'm very nervous to do this, and I'm glad that AI was able to help you out. But there's no AI. Yeah, I mean, you know, thinking about his words before speaking. So it's not like me, like I just kind of was impulsive and was superficial. But I hope that we can maybe see each other again. I'm not sure to that.
Speaker 3: Why are you like asking me out?
Speaker 4: Or is this?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 4: What this is? I mean I needed their help. Yeah, it might be like a little crazy. It's been like almost a year, right, and maybe you can have amnesia and dementia about what happened in the past.
Speaker 1: What a nice.
Speaker 3: So that was a lot, Jordan. I know that she kind of dumped on you there, But you have anything that you would like to say back to Amanda or ask your Ai what to say back to be.
Speaker 4: Honest, a man, it's been a while since I've seen you or seen your picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah. One way that I really jogged my memory is, uh.
Speaker 4: Do you still have that nice butt.
Speaker 1: Out?
Speaker 4: Oh? Well, So I was just telling them about these zebra pants that I'm wearing, and I could potentially send you a selfie if he's lying.
Speaker 2: Work for do zebra pants make it look bigger?
Speaker 3: Like an optical illusion?
Speaker 2: Ask you for a friend?
Speaker 4: You know, I messed up, so I'm trying to like, you know, clean slight here I come.
Speaker 1: The clean slate includes picks. So I was like, you're a winner.
Speaker 2: Right now, George.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's she's apologetic for how she treated you. She's still got the same features and all the things that you liked from the first time you met up. So at this point, we'd like to offer to send you and Amanda out on another date, and we would.
Speaker 4: Pay for it.
Speaker 1: At this point, I feel like we're interrupting a date on the phone right now.
Speaker 3: I know, Saucy, but Jordan, it's up to you.
Speaker 4: I mean, if she's cooled me seeing the other.
Speaker 3: Two girls they rejected me and her being the third, I'm open to that, Okay, the hair and the rejection Amanda, Now the ball's in your court.
Speaker 4: Heavens, No, you know this was nice, but now I cannot handle that. I'm too jealous. No way, I want you to myself.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a little competition for you, you.
Speaker 4: Know, if you know a way. Hoh, say, I'm not that desperate.
Speaker 3: Are you ditching him now? Twice in one year.
Speaker 4: I was just hoping that we could be at just one on one monogamous, not you know, a trio.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, we're missing it.
Speaker 5: Well, hey, come up with a good AI goodbye to her, and I'll probably call you in.
Speaker 1: Yes, you'll have six leftovers.
Speaker 3: I guess I'll type one up and i'll say it to you later, Amanda. Check your text message.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my god, he's like the rejection king.
Speaker 3: I hope you will have a nice life and a nice day. Oh your melting hearts right now. Jordan's hang up so we can all call him.
Speaker 2: Back Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I think the lesson that we all learned from that is you can let a nice butt in zebra print walk away and still be gracious about it.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a good lesson. It is shocking that she was so surprised. Yeah, like, I'm worried about her choice and people to go out with if they're so rude.
Speaker 3: It would be yeah, totally, But it would be funny if she does text him though, in like a couple of weeks or in a couple of minutes after that call ended, just the I'd give him a third chance.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's gonna go on one more date with a guy that's a jerk and then yeah, yeah, But the.
Speaker 3: Way they were flirting on the phone for a minute, I thought for sure they were going to go out with it.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a yes before we even asked. I know, maybe we should have stayed out of it. Maybe that's the problem.
Speaker 3: It was yes, he just said to the.
Speaker 2: Team, she said no.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing about love. It's weird and unpredictable sometimes. And you can find lots of weird love by listening to our podcast on YouTube on TikTok, Spotify's right Yeah. All of our episodes a second Date update are there at Brook and Jeffrey, Designed for your ocular pleasure.