Speaker 1: How's this, How's this?
Speaker 2: How's this? How's this? How's that? Do one of your trademark screams? Blake there is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we gotta take a cry break right after that. We're just gonna take a quick cry break on Mike. Don't throw the commercial.
Speaker 4: Full morning Zoo. I think we should go full morning Zoo. Guys, fuck it.
Speaker 2: I mean one of these, one of these video episodes. We should just stick to the bit the entire time. Just to you, hasn't fucking Gary Slime and Banjo? Eric? Hey bj Eric? I heard him. I heard a rumor about you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I was at Applebee's and Shanna says, you haven't paid your tab in like three weeks?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 2: All day?
Speaker 4: Wait what with me for two long fucking bullshit? No?
Speaker 2: Hey, First of all, what I say about bringing up Shawna on the show. Jesus christ My, what the fuck did I say? Bro? What the fuck are you thinking? Bring up Shawna?
Speaker 1: You can't bring up Shawna. I like my coffee with seventeen splendors in it, and don't bring up Shawna. Those are the two rules.
Speaker 4: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three, fifty seven, Episode five of Days.
Speaker 2: Production I Heart iHeart Radio. Is that right? That's right, that's the name of the company. Yep, clever name. That's the clever name, not just very very clever name.
Speaker 4: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. Okay, okay, it's Friday. I'm trying to help find Dennis Miller.
Speaker 2: Billy the face was Wild Brokaw. Friday, September twenty, twenty twenty four. Yes, it's Friday. Good news. It's also national. I don't know what National Day of Forgiveness is. I didn't even to do anything.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: I think it just means, like, hey man, it's about forgiveness. Let's skip that and let's get to National scarf Day, National corn mile hash Day.
Speaker 4: Forgive your parents for being mega supporters. I think that's what it's what they're going for there. They're like, probably.
Speaker 2: Please call us. We miss our grandkids anyway.
Speaker 4: National is arthnkle and grandparents who you can't have that Thanksgiving anymore.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I'm sorry you found his Facebook burner account. I really am. He doesn't mean half of the stuff he says. But also, National corn Beef hash Day, one of my favorite forms of Breakfast, National Crush of Canday and National Gay Men's HIV AIDS Awareness Day, September twenty seven. It's your day, there it is. My name is Jack Or O'Brien aka.
Speaker 4: He's a porn site hip poster now running in Caroline, post saw newd Africa. His opinions on Eradica, Foot to Love and Transphobe Return of Flavory is as Big Hope comments on Porno as mini soldier from a peep show in Carolina.
Speaker 2: Oh he's a.
Speaker 4: Black Nazi, black stack Nazi, black Nazi one courtesy of Redunks on the discord, Redunks, who says a great name. By the way, Capital re Capital Dunks. So it's not like just Redunks. It's an email about dunks, you know. Oh yeah, the Dunks regarding the Dunks. Yeah, read the Dunks. Could we circle back read Dunks anyway. He's been a fan of the show since day one and don't really post, but this popped in my head and I thought i'd share, and we're glad you did, Redunks. I'm thrilled to be joined as always.
Speaker 2: Buy My co host is mister Milesy. You know what it is. It's Friday. I'm the Lord of Lancashim. I'm the show gun with no gun. I'm the podcast host whose buns went toast. Okay, but now I'm on that bike and I'm getting my booty right. So shout out to everybody for tuning in. Shout out Jack for having me back again for this episode. We got a good streak going. I'm really feeling good about it. So thank you to everybody hosting that podcast. With god ass?
Speaker 4: What is god ass like? The ass of a god? Which the ass of a Greek god? And as we've talked about, the Greeks had cakes caked up they did anyways, Miles, just thinking deeply about that, just thinking.
Speaker 2: Just like how what I do to be a Greek god? What? Really?
Speaker 4: Well, just moving around, walking around enough that I had a ass that looked like a normal human ass, you know, enormally I look like mister incredible over here? We heard about what that dorso do we already know? Really tiny blow below this screen we're doing a video episode for listeners, doing a video episode, but I will you can't see my ass in the video, and that is entirely on purpose because I go full mister incredible below the ribs.
Speaker 2: What it grew. Yeah, what it grew. I go full when it grew, when it grew.
Speaker 4: Anyways, miles, Yeah, we often say we're thrilled to be joined in our third seat today. You know we're getting there on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little.
Speaker 4: He's given us the two finger salute. Oh, he's given us a little wave.
Speaker 2: He's a brilliant comedian.
Speaker 4: He's a brilliant after He's brought you comedy albums such as the Blake album, Stuffed Boy, Live from the Pandemic, and the newest special Deady Lung Legs, which you can go watch right now on YouTube on this very platform that you're watching this episode on, if you're watching the video episode. He's on the other hand, So those are all good things. On the other hand, and I don't usually go to the other hand when introducing a guest, but he is the coiner of the truly disgusting phrase plumpers to describe his legs. Yeah, and are so to be honest and ours? Yeah, I mean not much in the ass, but my legs.
Speaker 2: Do go fast.
Speaker 4: At as this sir makes a lot song doesn't say uh, please welcome the hilarious, the chaotic, the riding a recumbent bike in short shorts.
Speaker 7: Is Blake wex Line, It's Blake. Let's talk about wex Baby, Let's bring him on t d Z. Let's talk about all the plump things and all the trump things that maybe let's talk about wex Let's talk about I.
Speaker 1: Figured out how to use the discord. That was from Hugo Boss on discord, So thank you, thank you for that, friend of the show, once a friend of music came on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also you know they're also a fantastic trans ocean bounty hunter for all the Star Wars fans out there.
Speaker 1: Boss, no term is basque. So what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: A box simply took Blake. Are you doing good? How are the Eagles? They're doing all right?
Speaker 1: Uh, they're doing all right. Their their records good and they're not doing No one's doing alright in the city of Philadelphia. But yeah, they're they're doing their two and one and they're figuring it out. We'll be right back, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, all right. I just want to check it because I know that's your thing too. You host that that show, You host that show for them.
Speaker 4: Haven't even had media Day yet, and I'm already in crisis mode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so hard recording boosties. He didn't want to talk about the Sixers.
Speaker 4: He's like whatever, Yeah, so Eagles two and one, seventy six ers haven't even had media day yet.
Speaker 2: I'm already, oh.
Speaker 1: In seventy six. Yeah, that's where.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm at.
Speaker 4: I think it's a it's a tear down Blake. We they went all in for big talent this offseason, and I think we just tear it down right now, just start selling, selling the team for parts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more. Have you seen are you following the stadium thing about where they're going to put the new stadium. They're looking to get a new stadium for no reason, and they want to destroy Chinatown in Philadelphia in order to build it again. For no I mean the reason is probably think they can make money off of it. But yeah, it's a huge bummer. So that's happening. But I don't live in Philadelphia anymore. I moved, So you don't care. Yeah, that it's not going to be your tax dollars anymore. I think when it never was because you have to pay them in order for that to be something that affects you. Cool little hack I learned, and if you move, you don't have to You're you're cleared. It's like chieve it without the yeah, exactly exactly, just to clear my dress change.
Speaker 4: The other option was putting it in New Jersey, which a lot of people don't realize is a suburb of Philadelphia. So I don't care. I don't think you would have to change the name of the team, but I'm sure people in Philadelphia have their reasons.
Speaker 1: No, legally you would. You would have to change it because it's lying, you know, like in New York that it's the New Jersey Jets and the New Jersey Giants, like right, not New York they play.
Speaker 4: I think all professional sports teams should move, should play their games in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: I would love that. I would rock a New Jersey Lakers outfit.
Speaker 4: That's well blake, it's uh been good so far. Yeah, yeah, it's it's something to have you here, man, something's online. We are gonna get to know you a little bit better. The something's all mine. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better.
Speaker 2: In a moment.
Speaker 4: First, we're gonna tell the listeners a couple of the big, hard hitting news stories we're talking about today another scam experience, pop culture experience. Just hit the towers a second one, just one Bridgerton themed ball in Detroit, and that one.
Speaker 2: Just sounds like it's gonna go wrong. No disrespect to Detroit, but you're like, the Bridgerton ball in Detroit didn't go according to plan? What what's going on here? What's going on here? Feel bad for the fans, but yeah, it's it's it was quite an attempt, I must say by the organizers. We are going to just take a look.
Speaker 4: Eric Adams was indicted double LP world excited obviously, have to bring that back because this one's happening in New York. And yeah, all sorts of corruption from somebody who's like terrible person. You know, his policies have been horrible. I mean he's a former cop who has doubled down on everything you would expect from a former.
Speaker 2: He's joke mayor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and however, also some of the wildest moments just of public like I want I want to look back at too, in particular his interview from earlier this year and then at PSA he did for back in twenty eleven. Yeah, just because I don't know it's true. It's truly like some next level shit that this guy's plays.
Speaker 2: It's just a guy who has no self awareness. And that's like the best kind of politician for the purpose of this show is someone who is so hopped up on their own shit that they're like, record this. Let's say your child has a frame. That whole video is so stupid. I just want to look at this. I think we talked about it briefly when he was running for mayor, but like really letting it breathe. You're like, and this man was the mayor and in charge of the largest police sports.
Speaker 4: We're gonna look at the notebook guy Nicholas Spark's salad dressing recipe, and we're gonna look at.
Speaker 2: Ye are ye oh yeah, okay baby.
Speaker 4: So we'll talk about those things plenty more. But first, Blake, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: And don't lie.
Speaker 1: Ask and you shall receive. One thing for my search history is Jersey City Giants hat. So moved up to Jersey City, so basically New York about a week ago and I saw this cool hat and I'm like, how soon, can you wrap a place that you moved to. We'll get to that in a moment. And it turns out there's a minor league baseball team in Jersey City called the Jersey City Giants, and it's actually where Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in nineteen forty six. So okay, it's one of those things where, like it's a big baseball fan know that story. But I just thought it was in a regular baseball game, but it was like a Triple A game, which makes sense. So yeah, first, uh, Butler to play a professional this game, I think would be a really dope logo for Jesus Christ. Well that's how I'm going to actually reappropriate it. And you're stepping on this a little bit, but I am starting a church where you all have to wear a retro baseball uniforms to it, and that's where it starts. So yeah, it is going to be Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jesus Christ. Yeah, this is Jesus. And you didn't and you're looking for it now are You're gonna have to get one on Ebot's field flannels that makes all those vintage hats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where I'm going to get it. That's where I'm going to get it. So yeah, and by the way, furthest promo, if they could throw me a four percent discount, yeah, I would really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: S feel Come on, b I see all the Japanese vintage jerseys you do. I'm always I in them. I'm always in them. Holler at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, give me some wool. That's my thing. I just I'm sick of all this breathable material.
Speaker 2: We have more wool. I just want to wear a thick wool T shirt in the form of a vintage baseball.
Speaker 1: Remember how athletic and comfortable Babe Ruth looked. Yep, I found like any world class athlete.
Speaker 2: I think of thy Cobb's glistening skin and I think, Wow, that's what I want to wear. And I want to be a racist like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only thing more glistening than his skin was his cleats when he was going into second base biking after total piece of shit exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so it turns out that was where Jackie Robinson played his first professional game.
Speaker 2: You know what, do you remember the movie? It wasn't Tommy Lee Jones ty Cob in that movie, Like that game.
Speaker 1: Was a strong cat. It would be him or Clint Eastwood.
Speaker 2: I just remember I remember not knowing who ty Cob was and just seeing that movie a kid, I'm like, Yo, what the fuck is up with this guy? A fucking maniac?
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yeah, and then it's like every baseball player was that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember like that.
Speaker 4: That was a time during my childhood where every it felt like every week a new like ty Cob biography was coming out. They were like, man, this guy could hit a baseball and was also racist like the rest of America at the time.
Speaker 2: What a story.
Speaker 1: There was a period where I couldn't keep my tie Cob and my Walt Disney a tay cop story or a Walt Disney story. Yeah, who was the swastik on their back? Was it?
Speaker 2: I think that's Elsa? Right? It was Elsa?
Speaker 1: Yeah here Elsa man.
Speaker 4: Elsa has some really problematic tattoos. Oh yeah, you ever noticed how she doesn't wear shortsleeves?
Speaker 2: Yeah? White never seen her shoulder blade.
Speaker 4: She always has those gloves on. Man, So the story from Frozen is all a conspiracy theory to throw you off the scent. Why she really has to wear the gloves there's some wild tattoos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, you don't want to down there? Yeah, down there is a weird way to say that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, down there on her hands, on her hands, yes, yeah. The Jersey City logo does like also like evokes fishing. It looks like somebody has caught the Cincinnati logo with a fish hook. And you know who the ultimate fisher of the city of Cincinnati was, Guy by the name of Jesus.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Oh yeah, all right, yeah let him thank you. I have to I know. And he was a gold star guy skylight reason every time we do a video episode it ends up going in like really weird Jesus directions.
Speaker 4: That's our first episode. If people want to see, like the episode that would make my ship, right. I was you know what I was saying all this ship. I was like wanted to say Catholic and like Christian school growing up. I was like, what's what's up wonder that? Like anyway, check out the video. Yeah, it's the thought I feel like everyone's head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, of course we're all perverts.
Speaker 1: Come on now, they should blur his feet out.
Speaker 2: You think Jesus got a wiki feet?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean probably the most visible feet in the game.
Speaker 1: You know, the longest arches outside of Saint Louis. I've been saying it for years.
Speaker 2: Wow, is that because San Louis only has one arch? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, then how do you think it got there? Jesus on something?
Speaker 2: This is bullshit. No, what Jesus does have a wiki feet page? Somebody do the fucking literal lord's work and make sure he has a Wiki feet page. I mean he was.
Speaker 4: He was a foot freak, like a lot of people are like, oh my god. He was willing to watch watch Yeah, yeah, willing. He was doing them a favor. Yeah, the guy was it with my fucking mouth. Bro, I don't care.
Speaker 1: That's I'll wash your feet like I don't know you. I guess i'll eat dinner.
Speaker 2: I guess I'll clean him with my mouth, jeez, because I just want to show you how like relatable I am. Why does he keep going? Then the real Jesus, the real Jesus shows up, he goes different. What the fuck did I tell you? Get out of here? That wasn't Jesus. Guys, that's a fucking pervert who goes around sucking people's feet saying he's me.
Speaker 1: Why is no one arresting this guy. People are put to death for.
Speaker 2: Defense. No, no, no, we must forgive this young man and to demonstrate, I will wash his feet. Yeah, and that's all that.
Speaker 4: Perverts wanted the whole time. Someone, it's a parable. It's in there if you if you read close blake, what's something you think is under rated?
Speaker 1: Underrated? Cuckoo clocks? We have clock? Don't don't you there?
Speaker 2: Order the anti couner? Okay, go on, go on? Why was that?
Speaker 1: Was that a hard? Like Jesus being a foot?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Can't just go to something cute. No, I'm just gonna take the foot of.
Speaker 2: I'm like anticipating, just laughing really hard. That's I'm like, get the fuck out of here because I know you about Okay, go on, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't have to tell you what this uh what this pick makes me do?
Speaker 2: Make me go cuckoo yep.
Speaker 1: Because you're cuckoo for cuckoo clocks?
Speaker 2: Yes, thanks your problem for cocoa clocks.
Speaker 1: But by my friend Todd and I used to have a bit where it'd be like Toddy blast I don't yes, yes, it would be like did you hear about I'm about our friend Eric. Yeah, he's in really bad shape. He went cuckoo for cocoa puffs and he's so he's sick, he's completely sick. He knocks on the door in the middle of the night trying to get them. But yeah, no, I think I don't know if you noticed, most clocks don't have a bird that comes out of them. I would say fifty five percent of clocks don't have birds that come out, Yeah, but the ones the other forty five percent do And I love the fact that it kind of helps you keep track of the day and kind of takes the edge off of the eternal clock ticking towards your death off a little bit where it's like I lost another hour. But because what's the times the bird? Yeah, it's like it's really not that bad.
Speaker 2: Full of life it wait, cuckoo's for every hour? Is that how it works? Too? Like how well grandfather oh man when it hits eleven o'clock, So yeah, it is bad. You're like, it's actually cuckoo for punctuality.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is, you know stick or yeah, so assuming cuckoo for punctuality.
Speaker 1: So what so what are that bad? But yeah, no, I love them. But one o'clock two o'clock.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna rock around the clock tonight. This show is no good. We really are.
Speaker 1: We're gonna the show is a blemish.
Speaker 4: I wonder if people like didn't recognize it was bad when it was just recorded, but now that there's like a video component, like, wait, what the fuck are we listeners?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is people, this is people with brains.
Speaker 4: They're just saying nursery rhymes. Right now? What what blake is? Something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: I'll fucking tell you what's overrated. Smart homes. Smart homes. So we moved into a place that, you know, nice, like just a normal place. But the guy who lived here before, who doesn't fucking own it, just rewired the entire apartment with smart home capabilities. And I can't turn on the lights. I can't turn off the fucking lights. The shades will go up and down. I can't operate the shades. So it's it's an actual prison that I'm living in. We're also it's motion detecting, so in the middle of the night i'm groggy, I'll go to the bathroom the fucking all the lights come on in the bathroom and shut it off. Right, Yes, it's horrible. It's hard. So anyway, you just get blind by the lights and then yeah, I'm repped up like a douce. So I don't buy.
Speaker 2: A douche that used to rent this place before. Ye wait, so so what do you do? Like you need an app or something like? Is there any way to rest control from the fucking machines in any way?
Speaker 1: So I tried just pouring water all over spring water all.
Speaker 2: Over the movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is just like some blue lightning, just like a few lines of blue lights water. It also works when with Tesla's if you want to get no, actually that's not don't listen to that advice.
Speaker 2: Cyber truck not in car wash mode. I think it's it's still an issue.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but so it's that's the thing where it's it's supposed to be easy, like it's supposed to make your life easier, the smart technology, but it's actually causing more stress. So there's there's an app that we don't have access to. We have to find this guy, we have to.
Speaker 2: It's just really like to be like, hey, sorry, did you rent this place in Jersey City? Like can I have like the code?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wow, that's exactly what's happening, And it seems like we're just going to have to get new like because some advice I got is never try to do the electric in your home yourself, Like just don't it stand because you know your fucking room you're home.
Speaker 2: Gave me that advice, fucking coward.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I like small man. You had a really soft voice. No it was, but yeah, anyway, so I'm nervous. I'm definitely not going to do it. So I think we have to get like an electrician here. Just take out the things that I won't even.
Speaker 4: Do a task in my home if it in a room that has electricity in it.
Speaker 1: I agree. I have the same rule. Yes I won't. I have to have someone come in and turn the micro wave on me and.
Speaker 2: Maybe I could get electric cute it. Oh shit, I'm nervous.
Speaker 1: I also keep my head right next to the door when we when we microwave.
Speaker 2: That's just like I like to hear it cook and sizzle.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you got to listen for the popcorn to pop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you between the kernels to know exactly.
Speaker 1: Baby it's popping.
Speaker 2: Babe, your ear is really red, is it? Babe? Times as big as your other ear.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, that's that's my listener to my microwave.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 4: This one's more vibration, So that's my microwave popcorn listening here. Okay, you can't expect it to work as good as the other one. All right, let's take a quick break and come back and talk about a bridger ten themed ball.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. And we're back. We're back. It's true.
Speaker 1: We are, We're back, we are and this is yeah, this is.
Speaker 4: The theme giving Glasgow Yep, Willy Wanka Chopa Factory a little bit.
Speaker 2: A lot of a lot of uh scammy balls and fan events out there, and yeah, it's happened again. So obviously, like Bridgerton is a huge show with a ton of fans that would like love to pretend that they are in the show. I totally get the appeal, Like it has its own aesthetic and like musically, you know, bashion wise, et cetera. And so Netflix knows this and they haven't a legit event called the Queen's Ball that has like gone like traveled across the country and world like cities like in like La New York, Melbourne in Australia, and it's like a fucking full on production like set recreations. They have actual outfits from the productions that you can look at, really like a portrait, the photo booth, themed bars with bartenders dressed in period clothing, a dance show like a queen that shows up and chooses a diamond of the evening. It's like an event, and that Netflix party has tickets starting at thirty nine dollars. So I'm like, okay, that's not bad. So when people in Detroit, reasonable, yeah, when people in Detroit heard about a Bridgerton ball with tickets costing anywhere from one hundred twenty dollars to one thousand dollars, people got excited.
Speaker 4: The web miles my brain when I hear, Okay, the other one's forty dollars, this one starts at one hundred. It's gonna be three times better at minimum, at least a minimum.
Speaker 2: That is Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm such a sucker for shit like that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's that's definitely fan math for high price equels good goodness.
Speaker 1: We the website said is it made in America? Can I ask you that is the event? Because I know the shows in Britain, But is the event made in America?
Speaker 2: The event is ail. Yes, it is built for tough exactly. Okay, it's patriotic, but so the on the event website, it said, step into the enchanting world of the Regency era at the Detroit Bridgerton Themed Ball Join us.
Speaker 4: The Hygatt Regency that was the Regency era that we were.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and two, two thousand.
Speaker 2: And we know it's a bando now, but we've turned it into a whimsical event space. So it says, join us for an evening of sophistication, grace and historical charm. Experience a night like no other, filled with music, dance, and exquisite costumes. And but this event started off shaky though. The event was originally supposed to happen in late August, but at the last minute organizers had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances and people didn't get a refund. That's the first red flag for people. Okay, they rescheduled it to this last weekend, and people still shelled out the money to get in on the unique experience and paid a lot of money. Also, like people were dressed up like custom custom made outfits, doing their hair, all kinds of shit like that, and what they got was not quite what was advertised here, Like this is from a local news report about the would be fantastic event.
Speaker 8: The way that it was described is that this was going to be a Bridgerton evening. We were going to have classical music, good dinner, and there was going to be a play, and they were going to pick dime into the season. They were going to give away all of these prizes and we went in and it's going to share.
Speaker 2: Hype me in there.
Speaker 9: Organizers Uncle in the LLC have since disabled its website and turned off social media comments. I saw reaching out to the co owner, Chelsea Beard as early as five am Monday. Monday afternoon, seven News Detroit's Whitney Burnie also called.
Speaker 2: And then doorstep in someone They got no response. Okay, and yes you did have a hype man who was also like a play because they really I mean, if either.
Speaker 4: Of us ever get it's interviewed for a local like something terrible happens to us, we have to make a promise right now the other of us will go and we.
Speaker 2: Should just be normal. Yeah, exactly, And I'll just do like West Sky, I'll do West Side Gun fucking like anyway. So the event was fucking shaky. The the like the event space was empty. Uh. The food was some regular ass buffet that ran out within one hour. I put a picture here in the dock that you can see that is it is all giving like a mediocre prom. It's like a line outside like the Yeah, the food. I guess does proms have food? Maybe maybe it's like a cash bar wedding.
Speaker 1: They have food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have Blake's a.
Speaker 1: I'm a prom king.
Speaker 2: This is what I have. So this shit was like you know the they said people weren't even scanning your like tickets at the door, but there was like nothing, So randos are just walking in and eating the food that ran out within one hour. Like I said, the Netflix event had a full bar. They were promising people drinks. The only drinks they had was, I'm not joking, blue kool aid. You had to buy. That was the only beverages on sale for people. They were promised libations. Okay, they marked it up too. Apparently the woman who is playing the queen people were saying was totally out of character while basically hustling her business card to anyone that would listen. So I think you could pose and take a picture and she was like like, Okay, that's my favorite detail, just not even in characters like okay, yeah, so if you need me, this is my card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good to see you. Okay, I'm the Queen of Detroit real Estate. I'm a real here. Why don't I answer.
Speaker 2: I'm Detroit's muffler queen. You got any muffler problems, you come see me. Okay, car making too much noise here? It takes absolutely oh shut that car.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There are pictures from inside the event that have like promotions for other like events on the wall and shit, like it's supposed to be this immersive thing and it just looks like you're inside a fucking yeah bustation.
Speaker 2: My favorite part is like, so there was a main sort of dining room floor that filled up immediately, so people were relegated to the upstairs that was this It was just a fucking empty room, like yeah, bummed out people in the nicest fancy dress like sitting like on their phones, like, man, this shit was it looks like a Radison.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not a high regency, honestly, no, not even a region. The live music they were promised, okay, they had live music. It was people felt so bad for this woman. It was just this young woman on violin by herself who played They said, for like four hours straight, damn no breaks, just having to work that violin.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many times you can play, you know, Desposito on violin for people, But that's what she did. Classy though it is. I mean, look shout out to what is it that Vitamin String quartet that their entire catalog blew up because they were using their like sort of rethought up remixed current songs with like string arrangements throughout the show. They said that back right though, right, well, what if we played yellow on violin? Yeah, we had one of those of my wedding fys? Oh really? Oh yeah? Have you heard clocks on cello? Yeah? Actually it kind of goes is that that's a Cold Play song? Is that? Yeah? Cloth?
Speaker 1: Are we making fun of this? Are we saying that we like it because.
Speaker 4: I was making fun of it and also saying that I fully did it at my wedding?
Speaker 2: This shit goes hard. But like the backdrops again, this is supposed to be a like again anywhere from one hundred and twenty to one thousand dollars. You could see like they just unfrilled some plastic rows like tablecloth print, and they're like, and that's your backdrop for photos. This is this poor like lady having to serve a bunch of angry, upset people in fancy dress. The food, and then the dancing. Right, the dancing was one exotic dancer. They wheeled out the play or whatever. They wheeled out like one of those like you don't need a ceiling to put this poll up for someone to dance on. And then this is the quote unquote entertainment for the evening. I'll just play quick clip this. I don't remember this. These four people, remember you weren't looking hard enough because obviously there was string music. Okay, the royal pole dancer has arrived. Now please get out your singers, get out your shillings for this intrepid young business person. But yeah, like every other fucking scam event, the organizers are saying anything but sorry, here's your money back. This is what they said, quote, we understand that not everyone had the experience they This is like to almost like identical to the fucking Glasgow Willy Wonka one. We understand that not everyone had the experience they hope for at our most recent events Sunday Night at the Harmony Club, and for that we sincerely apologize. Our intention was to provide a magical evening, but we recognize that organizational challenges affected the enjoyment of some guests. We take full responsibility and accountability for these shortcomings. Please know that we are working diligently to address all concerns to ensure that all guests have the enjoyable experience they deserve. Your feedback is invaluable, and we truly appreciate both the positive and constructive comments shared with us. They deactivated their webs like, they took down their website, they took down fuck in everything you can, like, there's no comments, like all the comments are disabled on their Instagram account, so that's where things are, and people are basically out a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately this one. It seems like I don't know if this is funnier or sadder, which is a question I ask myself about pretty much any topic. But because a lot of these had to do these scam events were geared towards children, sure right, yeah, right, yeah, And this is one of the first ones that's geared towards adults, so like it is sadder in a way where at least you could get angry. We're like, oh my god, these people they deceive my child, and like yeah, yeah, yeah, righteous anger, yeah yeah. And that was just like, oh, I wanted to have a nice, magical evening as the princess took this away from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, as someone who is part of a few fandoms, like I totally understand the urge to do something like this, Like you know, someone is creating the world that you secretly want to live in, or not even secretly, you tell everybody about how you wish you lived on a Corellian cruiser. But people, I think this is the thing to your point, Blake, for an adult event like this, we have to be more diligent when it comes to assessing the bullshit because you start just like vague clip art and stock images from the show without anything really being there. And again they canceled the first event. I was looking on Instagram. Someone claimed in a comment they worked for the first venue, and they said the reason the first event was shut down is because the event planners did not fully pay out all the deposits they needed to actually hold the event. And I don't know if that's how true that is. But red flags you already paid once, they didn't give you a recha.
Speaker 4: The company that the company that organized it was called Uncle and Me LLC.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, I don't know why that.
Speaker 4: Gives you the sense that they're going to do a good job of putting on a Bridgerton gallop?
Speaker 2: Yeah have you ever done anything with your uncle? And it was like, okay, I remember, like helping my uncle build something wasteful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a support group for perverts, is what you would call Uncle and Me. Like, that's what that should be called. I big unc energy, huge unk energy. I got scammed recently where with stand up, which I should know better, Like this is a where I should know better. I've been doing this long enough. Where there was this a book or a un quote booker being like, hey, we're putting on this event. It's uh Keenan Thompson is presenting it and it's a talent event and I'm like, they say he's hosting it. He said he's presenting it, and it was very vague as to like who the like talent bookers were going to be there, and I'm like, all right, this thing's not costing me money, it's five minutes from my place, Like it's really no sweat off my back if this is a scam. But this seems like a scam.
Speaker 2: Fuck it, I'm going for it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Keenan Thompson is also in France for the Olympics right now, Like I know he's not coming.
Speaker 5: With this, verifiably not even on the same continent. But you're like, I'm watching him with Kevin Hart on NBC right now. I know he's not flying back for this shit. And uh yeah, it was a total ripoff, but it was funny because it didn't cost me money, whereas if it cost like one hundred and twenty bucks a thousand, but like that is so you it's doubled that book.
Speaker 2: So they booked you for this gig and you're like, I'll do it, and then you showed up and there just was no gig, or just was no Keenan.
Speaker 1: There was no Keenan. There were no talent book like you know, like agents or like you know, talent bookers. So it was just some scumbag from Atlantic City and stand up. I did stand up. I killed But it was all you know, like the organizer who fucking I killed. I committed yeah, first degree murder, and we're trying to get that down to manslaughter. No one's ever Hey listen, I have passion for everything I do, particularly crimes of And yeah, it was a thing where you know, they clearly were taking the door the money. This was the saddest part is that the audience who did pay money thought Keenan Thompson was going to be there. So there were like two hundred and fifty audience members there, and then the host in passing is like, all right, everybody, we got a great show for you tonight. You know, Keenan couldn't make it, but I think and then you just heard the whole crowd go oh.
Speaker 2: It was such did people get up right and couldn't make it?
Speaker 4: But he's still confidently and fully presents this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we we are using his name with or without his knowledge, So there's that.
Speaker 2: Please don't tag him in anything.
Speaker 1: Don't tag him.
Speaker 2: Got a bunch of season desists already. It's a it's a head. Yeah, you know what it is dealing with these stars. I'm sorry that that it didn't work out for you, but you know we're here to support you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, yeah, I think these Bridgerton things are going to be more and more calm, Like I think this is just the beginning. Like we I read an article about the ORB or whatever the fuck is, you know, the sphere in Las Vegas, and like that is part of this big like thing that whoever like advertisers and marketers, whoever like creates psychographic networks like says that is like it's the big thing that people just like want immersive experiences because our lives are bad, and so we're like they're like, yeah, the just like want to feel like they don't exist in the context of their lives. They want to feel like they are in some other world. And so I think other than the ORB, the ORB is the only one that I've like heard of that like consistently people are like, yeah, it's really weird, like you don't feel like you're on the planety at all from some people. Some people are like, yeah, it's just a weird bad motion sickness experience. But like if you go to like disney Land or Disney World, like as an adult, it does like that That's what that whole experience is about, is like immersive feeling like you're not there, and it still feels kind of to me, not to everyone. Obviously, they're like Disney adults who like love Disney, and I think that's great, but like, to me, it still feels like you're like in a bar when the lights come on, like on your childhood.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, yeah, because you don't just see many and you don't just see like goofy or whatever. You also see a guy vomiting in the corner. You know, it's you do get the whole right, Yeah, that's why it's you know, for kids, it's they don't they have tunnel vision, like they see like, oh my god, it's it's you know, I was trying to think of a celebrity equivalent for an adult. Jeff Bezos was the only. Oh my god, it's Bezos. Have you been to Amazon Land. It's one of my It's incredible.
Speaker 4: And everybody's gonna be disappointed in it because I think the the ideal that we have is like most of being like transported by an immersive experience is mostly from our childhood. I totally sympathize with it. I think like we all crave that, especially more and more in the current environment of a disintegrating empire. But I do feel like we're just going to continue to have stories where people are like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, come on in here.
Speaker 4: If you just go through that door, it's fully immersive and like you're gonna forget the world that you live in.
Speaker 2: There's there's like a sports or like a venue downtown called or not by the Sofie like in Inglewood called Cosm that's basically a half spear screen where they show sporting events now and it's like a like it's the fucking screen is oh yeah wild And they show like soccer games there and I was gonna go see Arsenal play, and like the tickets are so much money, it's unbelievable. Here Like this is I'll just give you an idea of like what these seats look like. God, Like, look at this.
Speaker 1: It's oh my god.
Speaker 2: Like so it's a full it's like two levels and you can buy like a booth has eight seats and it's like three hundred or four hundred dollars. It's a shit ton of money just to watch on like a freaky screen. But again, I think for a lot of people, especially if you like to watch sports in a new way, it's kind of worth the money. But yeah, like everything is just becoming more and more immersive, and like they pump stadium sound into there and they try and give you a feel like, hey, can't make the game, give us ninety dollars to sit down.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, it's like I could just go to the game, right, yeah, to your to your point miles, Like that's you know, Arsenal plays in London. You can't just go to the game. So there must be some people who love Yetta fans in other countries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like, hey man, you know, doing drugs is pretty cool, and you're like the real thing I've read.
Speaker 4: All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back. And we're back, and the government of the City of New York is disintegrating as we speak. Eric Adams was indicted, and before we get to that, I want to talk about Nicholas Sparks's salad dressing, like that.
Speaker 2: Kings Sparks is salad dressing the news. That was the first ever indictment of a New York mayor.
Speaker 1: But what about this, So let's not get to head let's not put the cart ahead of the horse. Yeah yeah, let's get to the notebook.
Speaker 2: Don't put the dressing in front of the bowl. Now.
Speaker 4: So this is going viral because an article pointed out that he is putting. It's from a profile of him in.
Speaker 1: Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition.
Speaker 4: So New York Times basically did a profile of him in their real estate section. And the reason people noticed it is the reporter and photographer arrived as Sparks was making himself a salad that included a dressing that one of the ingredients was sixteen packets of Splendor.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, that's why y'all were saying that earlier.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I thought you were exaggerating.
Speaker 2: No, sixteen packets, So I don't know. Have you guys had experience with Splenda? Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: So like one Splendor is the equivalent of, like they say, two packets of sugar. But I think it's way sweeter than that. It's so overpoweringly sweet. I mean it's you know, it's lab concocted to just replace sugar, like replace your memory of sugar.
Speaker 1: If my back's against the wall with like sweet and lower equals staring me, you know, like down the barrel, I will use Splendor, but I have to have it at least you know, at least it's.
Speaker 2: Like you have to just like you gotta get a little on your fingertips and blow it right it like yeah, like on your gun, Like when a cop finds like a brick of cocaine in a movie and they have to put it in there, like just put it on your gums. Yeah, yep yeah.
Speaker 4: The person writing the article about this about about this New York Times article said that it's sweeter than a can of coke, and I just have to take a little issue with your police work there.
Speaker 2: So wow, there you go, Coast.
Speaker 1: Defund journalism.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: They we might as well at this point, we might so thirty two t spoots. So they're saying, sixteen splendid packets is the equivalent of thirty two sugar packets, which again I think that's low, but we're gonna go with that. Thirty two packets of sugar is one hundred and eighty two grams of sugar. That is the equivalent of the sweetness of an entire six pack of coke, like cooked down into like black tar corn ZERU Oh, it is so fucking sweet, Like it makes sense, Like he writes the treacliest like shit that has ever come out of a fucking word processor. So it makes sense. But like, I can't imagine having something like it would just bend the laws of sweetness in your brain, like your your entire overtin window of what is like sweet. Would it would just like punch a hole through your fucking brain, Like the pleasure cortex of your brain would just have a hole in it. After eating this.
Speaker 2: Salad dress, I guess if that was sugar, you might like experience some light diabetic shock or something like that, but luckily sucralose. Yeah, that's why I can get away with eating one hundred and twenty eight or one hundred and eighty two grams of that shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, Where I feel like once it hits a certain number, it ceases to matter anymore. How much more it keeps going off where it's like, oh, I'm in one hundred and sixty degree heat or or two hundred and fifty degree heat, it's all right, well you're dead. It doesn't matter if it's that or if it's one thousand degree heat, Like it's done dead, you know. So Yeah, I feel like it doesn't even matter.
Speaker 2: This description of it is fucking my mind up, okay yeah. Quote. Earlier in the day, before a photographer and reporter arrived at his home, mister Spark spent the morning in his and it's at his kitchen's granite countertop, chopping two skinless, boneless rotisserie chickens, a few stocks of celery, and a idealia onion. He then whipped together a dressing consisting of mayonnaise, dill, pickle relish, jalapeno relish, apple, side of a salt pepper, cayenne pepper, and sixteen packets of Splendor, and.
Speaker 4: Then rendering every other ingredient completely pointless because you can't taste them anymore.
Speaker 2: Like what the fuck it said? Uh? Sparks apparently avoids carbs, explained quote. You can use real sugar, but why throws sugar in if you can use splenda. Splenda is about twice a sweedish sugar. So, according to the conversion chart of the box, sixteen packets is equivalent like you said, thirty two teaspoons of sugar.
Speaker 4: Thirty two teaspoons of sugar, which is one hundred and eighty two grams. It is not a single coke.
Speaker 2: You got sixpack?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a six who's the person put an arrow dipped in poisoned dart frog venom in the middle of the day.
Speaker 2: It's like, what is this shit doing? Man? Wow? Is this like does he have like some kind of like damage to his tongue or something. It's like.
Speaker 4: It is like it is so on point like that he would like salad dressing for him would be something that like tastes like it is being coming directly out of a uniforms ass like because he is such a just like the ship he writes is just so. It's like Christian romance is what he right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll like tastes like a thousand islands. He was like a spicy I don't like. I don't like thousand islands. I need more, I need more sit Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always put a little bit of diet coke in my thousand island dressing, just to cut it a little bit all us, just so I.
Speaker 2: Can slice an island is way too spicy.
Speaker 1: Way too Can we put a few less islands in this? I'm fine with like one, maybe a long island.
Speaker 2: Too long islands? What these are?
Speaker 1: Pacific islands that you're using?
Speaker 2: A long island dressing is just all the dressings put together. Can I get that with Long Island dressing? What's that? It's ran blue cheese, thousand Islands, Italian for whatever you got? Yeah, it all together, French, Russian, A Long Island all right?
Speaker 4: Speaking of Long Island, New York's very owns island has been indicted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, speaking.
Speaker 4: Of Long Island, close Long Island, where he probably lives. There's a great anecdote, like, so he has been accruing an amazing array of anecdotes over the course, over the course of his mayorship doing horrible things to the people of New York and the City of New York, you know, over policing the subways, getting people shot, but also just doing the wildest ship there. There's an anecdote from when he was running for mayor where they were, like they suspected he didn't actually live in New York City because he didn't, and so they staked out the place where he supposedly lived in Brooklyn for like a week, and he came there twice, and like one of the times that he came there, he like drove away on the sidewalk from his residency because there was traffic outside, so he just drove on the sidewalk.
Speaker 2: That's some gangster New York shit, the fucking Rush Hour movie. Yeah, it's just like, hey, put the siren on the roof like a fucking detective, Like all right, yeah, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 4: But I just want like some greatest hits from his time as a public figure as that time seems like it might be coming to an end. From earlier this year, there was an interview where he was asked to sum up twenty twenty three. The implication of this interview is like, you were under investigation for loads of corruption, but we're not gonna directly ask you about that. We're just gonna say it's been kind of an up and down year, so nice, So how do you give us one word to sum up twenty twenty three. Yeah, And this is what he had to say.
Speaker 2: Mister Mayor, we've come to the end of what was a very eventful twenty twenty three, Right, So when you look at them, it's like, Bro, they didn't they right before? This raid his house?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like took everyone's phones and shit, Okay, his house.
Speaker 2: In the house of people like everyone who worked for him. Totality of the year, if you had to describe it, and it's up to do in one word? What would that word be?
Speaker 6: And tell me why New York this is a place where every day you wake up the work experience everything from a plane crashing into our trade center to a person who's celebrating a new business that's open.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: This is a very very complicated city. That's why this is the greatest city on the globe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it feels like a weird stuff on bit from SNLS, Like this city has everything. A plane crashing into one of our World Clint Towers at any moment, someone's celebrating the opening of a new business.
Speaker 1: And that's it. Actually just those two things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said, nine to eleven is why New York is the greatest city on the globe. Not the resilience in the face of nine to eleven, but the fact that nine to eleven could happen here at any time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is wise.
Speaker 1: It happened into Chicago, anywhere, it happened to Philly.
Speaker 8: La.
Speaker 2: Sorry, he looked.
Speaker 4: Up, saw the second plane hit the towers that only in New York and smiled to himself.
Speaker 2: He did a yeah. Charles Dunton from Rudy Clapping Gifts, Alright, what will you think of next to New York? What motherfucker under attack? And then.
Speaker 4: And then there was his twenty eleven p s A about just how to be.
Speaker 2: A good parent.
Speaker 4: I don't want to talk too much about it before we get into it. I again, like that interview feels like an SNL sketch. This is like better than yeah, I've seen this was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is just how to check your child's room for contraband. And he's doing it in a room that looks like you're recently passed away his uncle's house. But anyway, but that's your let's just say this is your.
Speaker 1: His body's still on the floor. Uncle is decomposing slowly.
Speaker 10: You can look at a jewelry box, a jewelry box of this nature, maybe a simple jewelry box, but if you look through it closely, you don't know what your child may be hiding.
Speaker 2: For instance, a good know this isn't so good. A gun. Such a cop perspective on young people. It's like your child has a gun and is amer has gone all right, your child is an enemy combatant, yeah, who must be dealt with. But yeah, this is like a super cut. This music beat on it is really funny.
Speaker 10: Determine what's what's taking place behind a picture frame.
Speaker 2: You can find boom.
Speaker 10: You should always when your child bring in his popular knapsack, but many.
Speaker 2: His popular knapsack popular knapsack sport now.
Speaker 1: Being a popular brand different locations.
Speaker 10: Look through it to see what exactly is your child carrying in addition to a book, something simple as a crack pipe, something simple as a as a baby doll. Could be just a baby doll, but also it could be a place where you could secrete or hide drugs.
Speaker 2: He says, secrete police police adams.
Speaker 10: Run your hands over the pillows and see if you feel anything.
Speaker 6: That's unusual, like a pull like this with a button, the perfect.
Speaker 2: Don't do it.
Speaker 6: I've felt something bumpy.
Speaker 2: It's a gun. What it is? Just look a gun?
Speaker 1: It was another gun?
Speaker 2: An gun to side your bookcases.
Speaker 6: It could be more than just books. Perfect place to high a cocaine.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry your child doesn't take off your child's hat. What's underneath it?
Speaker 2: A gun?
Speaker 1: Why don't you open up your kid's shoebox? What's inside the shoe box? Three guns? Yeah, now.
Speaker 2: Open up your child, open up your child's gun. What's inside of their a gun and a crack pipe.
Speaker 1: Tell your child on airplanes coming in his mouth open wide, what's in there? Fourteen guns are in your child's mouth?
Speaker 2: Ah? This is that wayeah? I mean again, how to treat your child like this is obviously someone who has no trust even within his own family. Like, it's so revealing that if you're like this is now, like I keep a safe home, I'd like I treat my children like inmates and I'm flipping their cell doing a bunk check real quick. Yeah. Great, great, great parenting advice and so relatable because something as simple as a crack pipe, yeah, you know. And also this must be for the people who are like wealthy, because I don't know kids who have cocaine money. But again, sure they might have a fucking half o of blow in their baby doll where it's secreting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're of an age that they're playing with a baby doll. And they also have three handguns and three ounces of cocaine.
Speaker 2: Okay, I do like that.
Speaker 4: They're responsible enough not to keep the gun loaded. The ammunition is kept behind bullet by bullet. Yeah, just loose.
Speaker 2: Lucy's everywhere lose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a bullet Easter egg hunt in their bedroom.
Speaker 2: Find the Lucy's, Find the Lucy's. It's also my other favorite one though, too, is when the when he basically unveiled the trash can on New York. He's like, now we have trash cans, and like people are like, wow, holy shit, And everyone was making fun of New York. They're like, oh my god, they just discovered the trash can in New York. God bless you. But there's like this moment where he's like dapping up this like white woman who's like the sanitation commissioner, and she didn't know what time it was. You didn't have to dap her up. She didn't know what to do. But again, just a very very funny moment of him being him. Yeah, he is.
Speaker 4: Him more than anyone else that I've ever seen. He is himself.
Speaker 2: He's been playing in New York. He's putting a garbage bag in there to demonstrate how the garbage can works, now.
Speaker 1: Filled with guns.
Speaker 2: That looked like when Donald Trump shook that dog snout or was that Mike Bloomberg who shook hands with a dog snout during an event? Anyway, That's what the very uncoordinated was yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it was fine to meet you. Yeah, he like was it, didn't He like grabbed a dog's snout at an event and just like shook the dog's mouth like it was.
Speaker 1: A human thing to do. Oh man, that dog's mouth a gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you want to be mayor of New York, you cannot know how to shake anything's hand at all. Well, yeah, you don't remember this. I'm so excited for this, Like, oh, here's this dog. Hey, nice to meet you. Oh that sucks. Just grab the dog's open mouth and shake demandable. All right, there you go, you tube pal, meet you. Welcome to you two asshole. You can find anything to get too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of the great things about New York, got it?
Speaker 4: And that is one of the top three things first nine to eleven can happen any second, Shake any dog's head.
Speaker 1: A dog's head is basically a human hand, as I've read many books I've read.
Speaker 2: Also, just I mean, even though we talked about that the ship that he's on the hook for alleged to have done just like so many fucking bribes, like it'll make your head, so many bribes from like from foreign country Turkey. It was Bekistan, China, fucking everybody like, why are you doing this? Why are you even talking to these people?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because they because like you know, he getting like free trips to Turkey, like I think it was Israel, cutters, South Korea. There's the list, like what goes on and on and on, and then not to mention like the revolving door of like resignations that had happened recently only for people like the replacements for those people who who had resigned to also get into legal trouble. Yeah, really wonderful thing they have going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Blake, it's been quite the pleasure having you, quite the pleasure. Indeed, where can people find you?
Speaker 2: Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 1: People can find me at Blake Westler on alsocial media. When this comes out tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my stand up special being out, So thank you to everybody who watched it. I know a lot of Zeigang people supported that, so thank you. It's called Daddy Long Legs. It's on YouTube. And then this Sunday, I'm in Wayne, Pennsylvania. These are my stand up dates. Then I'm going to be in Minneapolis October twelfth, Brooklyn October twenty sixth Boston, November first. That Minneapolis gig is me and my friend Siamons and it's a show called both Sides, and it should be called No Sides because nothing's going to be accomplished during the show. We're tackling the big issues of the day. So yeah, come check that that out. That's a part of the ten Thousand Laughs Festival. So yeah, October twelfth in Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: And that show is presented by Prince right.
Speaker 1: That saw, Yeah, Prince p r I NTS. So we are doing a event, a Prince themed event that you're all welcome to. It's a you gotta wear purple and there's going to be a buffet and we will have I will be the stripper actually this type. So if you want to see that, yeah, you want to see these plumpers grind.
Speaker 2: Pole welcome in a one piece bathing suit designed like the artist logo that he was using it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you it's not nearly enough pieces that one piece, so I need multiple. It should be an eighteen piece to cover up these legs.
Speaker 4: Is there a work in media Blake you've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: No, yeah there is, But so there's a tweet from Anthony Moore, who's a very funny comedian at All That and More moo Art, And he was responding to a tweet someone wrote, this might be a dumb question, but why the fuck are zoo's the thing? And then he wrote, no, this is real because an elephant should not live right off Gerard Avenue. So Gerard is kind of a weird rough street at parts of Philly where the zoo is located, there's penguins in there.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous, amazing miles Where can people find you as their workimedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter and Instagram at Miles of Gray. You can find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Moles and Jack Got Mad boost Bees. You can also find me talking ninety day fans on four twenty Day fiance Is. I mean that there's so many Eric Adams tweets to look at everyone like New Yorkers are. Really it's always great when you have an entire Twitter population that is just ready to fucking unload the shit posts on someone. So I just do yourself. Hey man, that's too soon, bro. And also you're in Jersey City. Okay, let's not get it twisted.
Speaker 1: There's no corruption in Jersey, right, never heard of it. What's happening in New York?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what's going on with that one senator in New Jersey, but I never heard of a corruption scan the du Yeah. But anyway, I would implore you just just do a cursory search of Eric Adams because there is a lot of fantastic tweets and also learning more about his fuckery, because let's not forget like he was totally perpetuating this like narrative about a migrant crisis too while behind the scenes perpetuating it himself to make exacerbating it himself rather for his own political goals. Oh that's right, I forgot man, that there are people are also posting. Remember the NYPD dance team. Do you remember that when they went on the news? Ye, and like they were like like the brokest like dance team. Okay, anyway, check out those Eric Adams sweets. That's it for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a bummer that was in the running for Eric Adams clips to show. But I didn't want to have to talk people down from I.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to be depressed. Yeah, all after yeah, dancing cuts all right.
Speaker 4: A tweet I've been enjoying on the Eric Adams thing as sella Express good New York Reference Biz Underscore Socks tweeted Meanwhile, across town Samantha was dealing with an indictment of her own. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O Brian. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're at v Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikeist dot com, where we post our episode in our footnpe we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Miles My, I'm sorry I should have interrupted you, because I did find just one of the good Eric Adams to eat videos that you should watch. This is this just this is him just every time. Just listen to this. This is Eric Adams and how likable of a guy he is.
Speaker 6: Everyone knows that New York City is the Actors of America. Is the Istanbul of America, is the Keys of America, the soul of America. We are to tell athe of America. New York City is the islama Bad of America, the Zab of America. We are the Lema of America. New York City is Mexico City of America. This is the doubling of America.
Speaker 2: Yo, with the beautiful appropriate Irish sweater that that poets sweater. God bless him, bless him. You and p Didy will like fine set least. I know.
Speaker 4: That's another great image that people are sharing. Yeah, the Key to the Sam on September fifteenth, twenty twenty three, Yeah, my birthday where he's giving did he the key to the city?
Speaker 2: He did he run the city? Yes. This song that we're gonna go out on as someone who just saw Beetlejuice Beetlejuice, there's just there's this one track in it where everyone starts lip syncing it that's just kind of like, it's just I had never heard this song before, at least this version by Richard Harris before, and it's just like one of those cheesy tracks that you listen to and suddenly you're you're you're transported to a time where you know, the hair was long and there was you know, drugs flying everywhere. And I don't know if that's really something that appeals to you, but I like that image. And this is called MacArthur Park by Richard Harris. So check this one.
Speaker 4: Out, check this app all right, we will link off to that in the foot The daily'sit Geist does a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts for my heart radio, visit Yeah I Heart Radio app, Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite sh that's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll
Speaker 2: Talk to you all then Bye bye