Speaker 1: Hey, well, Mama's it's me David Bori from earlier. I'm here to tell you that I have a comedy special that I produced by myself that is out via Mypatreon, patreon dot com backslash David Bori. Go on there, sign up for the Patreon for free, buy the special for twelve dollars. It is quite frankly the best special of the year, next to Limeston's, and I stand on that.
Speaker 2: WHOA, that's a great stance to have, and thank you for mentioning. I too have a special August twentieth, it'll be available on Netflix. It's called Bad Poetry, and it's the best I could do. It's I don't know where it ranks in the scale of other specials, but it certainly is the best I could come up with and commit to. So I'd appreciate your viewership and watch David watch mine, and write us immediately afterwards and tell us how funny we are. And if you didn't feel that way, maybe shut the fuck up about it. I'd rather you talk me. I have a little dick.
Speaker 3: I mean, let me be let me real, because you don't actually know that you feel me.
Speaker 4: That's that's prove you don't.
Speaker 2: That's objective. Yeah, you get me in the right light.
Speaker 1: Baby, you gotta see it from underneath.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ain't talking enough. That's your brother perspective, chips.
Speaker 5: In your.
Speaker 1: Qualitas, racists, money.
Speaker 6: Turning stuff.
Speaker 1: I can't tell me.
Speaker 6: To stand out above the crowd, even if I gotta shut out loud till mine is the only face you see, gonna stand out.
Speaker 2: Till you notice me. There, It is there. It is. Welcome to gentiles and little mamas alike, Welcome to another phenomenal episode. And my mama told me.
Speaker 1: The podcast where we dive deep into the pockets of black conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Theories and we finally work to prove that yes, Jesus Christ is black, but black in the way that logic is black. You don't want him saying the end word. Don't nobody like that. It gets real uncomfortable. We don't even really believe it. No, you don't come on that ain't that ain't the black we were dreaming of. It just is the way of our Lord. I'm Langston Kerman.
Speaker 1: I'm dreaming, boring, that's what you look.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you what it is. Man. These are cold hard facts. It's not even up for debate. Man, I'm okay with that. You're okay with him being logic black.
Speaker 1: He's blacker than he is in most of the churches that I've been to.
Speaker 2: That's fair. He has a little ethnicity to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one spoonful of chocolate to term the whole glass of smoke brown.
Speaker 2: You know, all right, blesslie Versus Perkinson.
Speaker 1: I hear you, my man. You can't do that to be.
Speaker 4: One drop.
Speaker 2: I guess today I'm curious to know where he stands on on on the lightest skin Jesus theory. He's great. He's a he's a rapper, he's a thinker, he's a podcast You know him best from his own podcast Politics. We're so glad he's returning to the podcast. Give it up for propaganda, West West, y'all?
Speaker 4: Oh dog, oh man, you just finna get a body roll?
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: That's dangerous, just.
Speaker 1: Like a top five songs for me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, noah, for real, man, I was going to derail this whole thing with that.
Speaker 1: Any group that has twins, I mean, say what, any group that has twins? You know the whispers the two little guys were twins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot that they were twins.
Speaker 4: Forgot they were twins.
Speaker 2: The processed that first thing. But you're right, so yeah, I know a lot of groups were twins.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of twins. There's the group of the twins from Long.
Speaker 2: Beach, Boom Oh, Jagged Edge. They they were twins.
Speaker 1: I think I think Chris Cross was fraternal.
Speaker 2: I thought they were just brothers.
Speaker 4: Do you think they was related?
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: No, man, that sucks both Chris Man, I thought they were at least that sucks. That's so disappointing.
Speaker 1: No, I think Jermaine Dupre just met him in a mom.
Speaker 3: I do have theories on light skinned Jesus. Okay, go yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah they did just meeting them all. But my theory on life s getting Jesus is I believe as big as Africa is, Africa be shrinking. So in my mind, I'm like, fam, I'm like a once you cross the Sinai Peninsula, I'm like, that's still Africa.
Speaker 4: I don't care what you say, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So like I'm looking at Saudi Arabia, I'm like Yemen, Like that's Africa. You know what I'm saying, that that's Africa. You know what I'm saying, it's just Africa, you know, with some tea, and like you know in Saffron, it's Africa with saffron. You feel me so like, and I do believe I will say this to your point. It's like like I don't know if I want to have I don't know if I want to have Jesus saying the N word in the in the purpose that I feel like black cards should have special delegations. So like, because there's no way my Nigerian first generation brother could ever meet the requirements for an American Black card. But for me to look at that man and say he's somehow not a black man is upserd. So to me, I'm like, they need their own criteria where they have things that they can joke about and things they can't joke about. Just like there's stuff that we can't joke about. You feel me like I can't make no African jokes.
Speaker 2: You're saying it's Delta Premium versus Delta one kind of versus Diamond.
Speaker 3: You're still getting a free upgrade. You still can get into the lounge and the sky lounge.
Speaker 2: It's a nice experience.
Speaker 4: It's a really nice experience.
Speaker 1: But he doesn't align with your belief now, stage racking Africans, I hate it.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: They need their own delegation. I'm like, y'all rules because like I can't make no joll of rice. You know what I'm saying, Like, that's y'all's thing. I mean, it's a simple process.
Speaker 4: No, you would know.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna butcher, just like just like, do not ever attempt to make something like don't make don't make magagins, don't make the collar greens.
Speaker 1: It's all good.
Speaker 3: Like Daniel Lane, it's cool. I could cook though, I mean, I believe you. I mean, I can make ramen.
Speaker 2: But it's not a it's not a question of whether or not you are capable of it. As much as this, there should be a little bit of a separation between church and state as it as it applies to the black culture.
Speaker 4: I am going to respect our differences.
Speaker 1: Are we still talking about Jesus?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: What's the highest calling here? What's the highest authority within this blackness or religion? Which is a complicated question. I know that asking the first five minutes.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know what you're trying to play at here, Bory. Yeah, if you want to make this podcast something else, then then just go ahead and say it.
Speaker 4: I need to go ahead and do a little more research, and this the direction.
Speaker 2: All right, It is a great question. I don't know if any of us can answer that for another person. It's like, no, you're making your own choices.
Speaker 3: Sides hemicides black, We're five minutes in. Yeah, black didn't exist till the seventeen hunies anyway, So like, let's quick, damn, damn, I thought I died a little politics. That's a heavy statement, that is, yeah, I thought I stot in politics in WHOA.
Speaker 2: All right, well you want, let's derail all the good that you potentially just did with that sentence. Your conspiracy today, yes, has absolutely nothing to do with the day ask although that's not true. There's a lot of ancient beliefs inside of this conspiracy theory. You said, my mama told me always wash your chicken.
Speaker 1: Thoroughly.
Speaker 2: Absolutely tell us everything you know about Well.
Speaker 3: See, this was a you know, first of all, thank you for having me on the show. Longtime fan, one time visitor.
Speaker 4: And and the like.
Speaker 3: What I love about this show is the amount of like my father was a black panther, so I swim in conspiracy theories as a child. The problem is half of them be true, and then it's like and they be hell is serious. So I'm like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't have to. That's a generous amount, bro.
Speaker 4: Like, I'll tell you my father was a panther.
Speaker 3: He was like he was like he was at the UCLA shooting when in the sixties when and he was like, the FBI set that up. I was like, okay, dad, fam the FBI set it up. You know, so like stuff like that. You feel me now. I will say this though, I don't have a single auntie or uncle that thinks Trump's assassination was real.
Speaker 4: I don't have a single relative that believes it hasn't you know what's funny, not a single rel.
Speaker 2: It hasn't come up on the podcast yet. But I don't know what you think, Bory, what are you? You a believer that that was a real assassination attempt?
Speaker 1: Man? I hate I hate the idea of people claiming false flags just because I think it can't do a lot of harm. Yeah, that being said, right, it was just a he was just on a roof like that, Like the checks, the checks and balances that were not gone through. For that to happen feels like I have a hard time believing that secret services that lacks with security, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, it wasn't like a crazy it was. It wasn't like a trained sniper. It was a kid on a roof one hundred yards away.
Speaker 2: That's like, yeah, with no no Internet presence whatsoever. It's weird. And then the way Trump supposedly took the bullet and got up.
Speaker 1: The picture was crazy.
Speaker 2: That picture was hard.
Speaker 7: I was like hard listen ever, Like, damn it, that shit hard.
Speaker 2: I was like, whoa, maybe I should vote for him? This is cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, I thought the whole rollout was hard. When when fifty Trump on bro I.
Speaker 4: Was body many men, brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 3: The only thing crazy, The only thing I would say plays against the like the conspiracy theory.
Speaker 4: Part of it is the power of just.
Speaker 3: Being like plain oat meal, you know, like vitamin D, whole milk, white boy, that you can just walk around like nobody's gonna check him. And I believe that because he's a little nervous as white, of course nobody's looking for him. And he's got a gun. Oh we're in Pennsylvania. Everyone has a gun, you know what I'm saying. So like in my mind, I'm like I could see how all until all the way when he was on the roof, when they was like fam uh, y'all see home boys there, like he could walk freely y'all seeing this, I could I believe that, I know you want to y'all like you know this, I don't notice niggah, Hey, who know cuz like you.
Speaker 2: Know saying, is that y'all man? Because because I'm.
Speaker 1: Cool with you up there up there, I just got to with y'all.
Speaker 4: Y'all'm saying, be with y'all. But like, is who mans?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I could see how the possibility that, like, bro, I could see that happen where they were just like until it was too late to be like oh I oh.
Speaker 2: The one part that that I haven't been able to make peace with inside of it being conspiracy is the additional person dying. That's like everything else I can kind of find a way of reasoning into how all of this could be fraudulent, but that person dying is a lot harder to figure out of being like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't know maybe, but yeah, So washing chicken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as I'm saying, I couldn't even remember how we found ourselves there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these are one of many things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm grateful. Don't let that make you feel any doubt. I'm grateful we got there. But please tell me about the washing chicken.
Speaker 3: It just it seems so logical to me, Like and you open up a package and the thing is it's like, look, dude, I don't know how many hands touch this before it got into the plastic. You know, I don't I don't know that. You know, I don't know how many grossers did it.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know any of that. And then I don't know how tight this thing is sealed.
Speaker 3: And you know, we come from the age where like you know, mad Cow's disease and salmonilla and you know what I'm saying, like FDA was like recalling some stuff. You feel me, And I'm like, I'm pretty sure y'all have talked about this before. I think people under play or undervalue because we just don't think about it as much. How much Black people value not being musty like we are really value clean. You know, you're not hasty, you're not.
Speaker 4: Musty like we're very particular.
Speaker 2: You know, I would say that getting called getting called musty is maybe the worst thing that happened to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as a person, if that's your child, Like, if your child musty.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine that, Like you know what I mean, he comes home, they're calling me musty.
Speaker 2: Must Truly, I struggle to think of anything someone else could say to me that would hurt me more than musty.
Speaker 3: But yeah, nah, like because because everyone can see that and smell that you musty. So I'm like this, this is objectively we all noticed. So for us, it's like, why would that sense of like cleanliness not be a part of are we take care of our food? You wash, you wash everything else? They don't make those of you wash the greens, you wash the vegetables, you wash the fruit. Why would I not wash? Like Hell, my grandma, we used to get clean clothes before we could put it on. She washed the clean clothes or new clothes. She washed the new clothes, you know what I'm saying. So like it just I don't know. I mean, people you read and you know, people dying from like the chicken juice on the counter. You feel me like and it's gross. It's gross, like just and what's it gonna hurt?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Okay, so maybe it don't do nothing?
Speaker 2: Okay, right, you know, Okay, So so here's where the question. I think it's a little complicated, Bory. We've talked about this a little bit in the past. When we say wash, What do y'all mean by wash?
Speaker 1: I'm not running underwater. Maybe soak it for a little bit and then empty it out and then you can start cooking. Because I've seen soap online, I think that is ill.
Speaker 4: Go bring that up.
Speaker 1: I see some that's that's that's crazy soaping. And again I've.
Speaker 2: Seen soaping, chicken, soaping, vegetables.
Speaker 1: All all kinds.
Speaker 2: Now, we've done literal dish washing liquid on third on chicken and ship.
Speaker 1: I don't even like using that on my hands, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's too rough for your hands. It's definitely too rough for your for your gizzards.
Speaker 3: Now we've done we've done the bacon, soda and water like you know, we've done that for like the fruits, you know what I'm saying, But not for the not for the chicken. For the chicken, it's just running on some cold water like rint it off. So I guess we say watch we mean rented off.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're you're both specifically imagining a rinsing action rents, you talk about washing.
Speaker 1: Rints, and then possibly it's soak for a little bit.
Speaker 2: And when you're soaking, is this just soaking in water? Yea, soaking water while you're doing other stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I do think we like because so there's like there's levels to this blackness. It's like I lived in a part of l A that was like, you know, east side of South Central. So it's like the borderlands between like the black and Latino neighborhoods. So depending on which little me market we went to, how hood or not hood that spot is you could make a judgment as to like how long you know what I'm saying, Like store, you you already know what I'm talking about. Like right there, I have balon. There was a spout right there, I have fifty.
Speaker 1: I was like.
Speaker 3: This and should not cost this little like it should cost more than this.
Speaker 2: We're gonna to eat this Thursday. It's gonna take a long soaker.
Speaker 1: We might as well rested overnight. Not even waters, just apple white n white vinegar.
Speaker 7: It's kind of cooking it like a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yea, this chicken savice at this point because this, Yeah, I don't so my mom at least watches all meats. Yeah, so that was gonna be and we we should go to break in a second, but that was gonna be. My follow up question is is this because it is how you were raised to do it? Or was this some ship that y'all both found independently, Like, yeah, I'm washing my chicken because.
Speaker 4: I just washed my mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, same, But like if she's making like stew or something like that with like beef chunks or I'll be real, goat sometimes that shit's just standing in a bowl for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeahmell, go can smell like goat, gotta smell. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So like and and you know, we you know, when the chitlin's come in the house, it's like it's gotta smell. You gotta clean this stuff thoroughly. It seems to be all in the same bucket.
Speaker 2: To me, I've never met a black person who didn't wash their chicken and meats in general, and so it is fascinating and that they're probably out there right there probably are black people who ain't. We ain't doing that, and so it's it's crazy what look at, look at how diverse we truly are. Some of us wash our chicken and some don't. Baby, I was watching the high jump for the Olympics and there was a Grease, a man from Grease, and he had micro braids, and he had a silly name, and he probably don't wash his chicken, but he probably wasn't good at the high jump.
Speaker 4: I killed it.
Speaker 1: I thought foreigners all watch their chicken. I thought of that as being like an American white people think not washing, but.
Speaker 2: Strictly in America that we're the only ones that aren't doing it.
Speaker 1: That's what I That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: Chicken that are washing our chicken. You're saying Americans are the only ones that don't wash their.
Speaker 2: Chicken, that white people in America ones that do not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I thought. That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's so many that's that's such a metaphor because I'm like, y'all, don't wash your legs, you don't use wash blucks? Is that is this an American white Like? Why was y'all why y'all like that dirty people saying that right and then bragging about it, like wash my hair like I wash my hair like once a month. I don't have to wash my legs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't hide it or a nothing.
Speaker 1: It's like if you don't wash your legs, there's a part of you you don't wash. You get in there and you don't finish the job.
Speaker 4: It's covered in skin, covered in skin, Like do you wash your pr like part of the same.
Speaker 2: Yes. If the drip down theory is true, the most stink is on your legs, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You alo think that the runoff cleans it, then you also understand that the most dirt is at your feet.
Speaker 4: Were all the dirt is.
Speaker 3: It's the collective totality of your top half is all own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think your armpits are musty? Your ankles?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, we need to take a break. We're gonna be back with more propaganda more.
Speaker 1: Ma Mama told.
Speaker 2: Me we're calling upon you because we have we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great. We love it so much.
Speaker 1: Just sleek, it's sexy.
Speaker 2: Come on, you want to tell them what we have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat, an alien dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a koofie on it since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say proud little Mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to my Mama told me dot merch table dot com. It's a brand new name, but it's the same old merch and we would love for you to get some if you haven't got it already, and we want you to have all the sweet stuff, so get it.
Speaker 1: We are back and we are over nine thousand talking about washing chicken.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you watch you watch your mom washed chicken. You wash chicken. Let's imagine a world where you find yourself raising children who do not wash chicken, who somehow come to you and say, Dad, it's not for me. I'm not a chicken washer. How do you feel? How do you make peace with that? Well, I'm not eating their chicken. So there's that, and there's.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: My wife is first gen Mexican Southern Mexico, Afro Mexican. Yeah, so a lot of their culture, Yeah, from the sticks, you know what I'm saying. So they practice their practice of cooking is a little bit different than mine. That being said, she washes her chicken also, so my question would be, I don't know where you got this from.
Speaker 4: When you leave, you could cook however you want. Yeah, but that's for me in my house.
Speaker 2: Hello, you're gonna wash that chicken?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so my you know, she's ultimately part of the diaspora, you know, Acapolcos, Lakeport, you know, so she's granddaddy black as hell, you know. But either way, they wash their chicken. So it would be like, I don't know where you Yeah, I don't know where you got this from. And when you move out, you can cook your chicken whatever you want, but ask for me in my house, you know what I'm saying, Like, we gonna we washed our chicken.
Speaker 1: It's a crazy person thing to not wash me Like, it's crazy to me that this is even the fact that there's a contingent of people who don't do it. It's me that's the shit that makes you say, Like, what are you talking about? You just take it out and just raw.
Speaker 4: You just and you know what, yes, not only do they not do it, they insist that it's worse to wash it.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're saying that because my research and you know, I like to do a little research on this show my research, and I want to be clear, it is not my argument. It is just the argument that the that the work is making. But they said that according to Drexel University, in collaboration with the Partnership for Food Safety Education and New Mexico State University, they said that in fact, you are not supposed to wash your chicken. It is substantially less healthy than washing your chicken.
Speaker 1: Is give me a.
Speaker 2: Reason, Okay, they do have a reason. They say that The main I am They say, the main issue is that washing raw chicken actually causes the bacteria. Rinsing as you all are describing it specifically, causes the bacteria to spread throughout your your kitchen. Instead of cleaning it from the meat, It like spreads across the chicken, it spreads across your counters, the splash zones in general all then become contaminated with bacteria.
Speaker 1: And sound what it saying about soaking.
Speaker 2: I think everything that I read implies that soaking does not remove any bacteria from it, It only causes it to like sit there.
Speaker 4: So let me get this.
Speaker 1: Special university though, what is that? Like a conference that's not even a big ten school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm like I was gonna say, first of all, let me echo my my grandma, like they don't know what they talking about.
Speaker 4: My grandma will say about anything. But I'm a little perplexed.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying is there is bacteria and it's better for me to leave it because it might splash onto the sink.
Speaker 4: Why't I just wash the sink after I'm done?
Speaker 1: Good point? So good point. Let's go.
Speaker 2: What they suggest is one of the main problems of this splash zone that's being described as something that they call cross contamination. It means that when you wash your chicken, you are then causing this splash zone where you may eventually put some of your vegetables, where you may put a clean plate, not expecting it to be in this sort of salmonella contaminated area, and thus the salmonilla spreads on things that you didn't expect it to spread on, now, sporks, whatever it might be.
Speaker 1: But I think my point here, at least my point here with that is but I'm about to eat the shit. I'm gonna eat the shit.
Speaker 4: You're telling me it's better.
Speaker 1: On other shit, but you want me to eat it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. So just ekay. So you're saying, I don't scare if you went to a school founded by a basketball player.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't again know why they don't think that at least some bacteria is being washed off by rinsing the chicken and sort of managing your splash zone. But the main argument is the possibility of it being a more of a spreading of contamination than one that actually removes it.
Speaker 3: Still lost, still lost, because I'm like, so you're saying just to consume it, like the chicken has bacteria, and they're these professional recommendation is just eat it, just eat it dirty.
Speaker 2: Well cook off is yes, okay, So that part I can answer to. So they do say that the bacteria will not survive at a temperature over one hundred and sixty five degrees and so that if you are cooking your chicken properly inside and out, and they suggest you use a meat thermometer to measure the inside of chicken so that you know for sure that it is cooked all the way through. Then there no bacteria will survive, and there's no chance of you getting or far less chance I assume they can't say no chance, but far far less chance of you getting salmonella or any other sort of food born illness.
Speaker 4: Yad's fair enough.
Speaker 2: Okay, You guys seem like you're starting to maybe change your mind.
Speaker 4: You know, because you're saying you still to wash my chicken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but that's what I'm asking. It seems like you are both like conceding that you're making a mistake and then being like, but I ain't about to pretty much, I ain't about to not wash my chicken.
Speaker 4: That's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: You know, how much washed chicken I've had in my life seems to be going good for me.
Speaker 4: I've never had any sort of numbc bug from my own chicken.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, true, Okay, do you wash your chicken? I do wash my chicken. I rarely cook. I'll say I forgot about it. Not the cook in the household. My wife does most of it. In the times that I do, I wash the meat largely because I too come from lineage of black women who told me that's what you're supposed to do. But I've never felt passionate about it as much as felt like I was meant to be doing that because it's the only reasonable way. So I've never thought this hard about, like, yes, it has to be done, No, it shouldn't be done. Whatever. Here's where I think this gets complicated. For me, at least it got complicated. I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Washing the chicken spreads the bacteria. I can get with that. That makes sense to me. Water ain't never killed stink once by itself. It needs an assistant. They say you're not supposed to soap and water. They're very clear about that. Toxic chemicals replacing bacteria. It does not solve the problem. They also say vinegar and lime, lemon juice some people use, or salt water makes no difference. They say that largely is just making your bacteria have like a lemon zest.
Speaker 1: More than that's the thing. They don't want to flavor of their bacteria.
Speaker 4: They want they boiled. They boil bacteria.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they wanted to get sick. It's gonna taste like Lowryes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with a head of vinegar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe a splash of Tito Tony's who knows, you know on the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is this David's world famous vodka chicken. This is no good, no, no Tito, but Tony. I use Tony's on all kinds of shit. So so you you are not meant to wash it. You're not meant to wash it with any like special ingredients. Now here's where they get interesting is that they also suggest is that there is no need to wash your chicken, as according to the FDA regulations, the chicken has already been washed and expected several times before this packaged and sent out. And that's where I start going, get the fuck out of it.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, I thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Times bro.
Speaker 1: They don't even cut the corners, right, they but they watched it.
Speaker 3: I still gotta come in there and cut the corner. I still got to peel the skin. There's still so much work by the time it gets to my plate. Yeah, or to my pot. You're hitting on the topic that I want y'all on my show about, which is like, did y'all see the Pew research report that said that over eighty percent of black people believe the government's conspiring against them.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that, but that sounds right, yes, And.
Speaker 3: They're saying that there is a collective feeling among black people that all organizations inside the government are conspiring against us. So when you tell me black people who wash their chicken or the FBA, oh we already watched the baby, don't worry about it, I'm like, see, see, yeah, see that.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Also, you have to take in the context with that study that the government has conspired against black right, It's like, it's not like, that's what problem born of nothing? Yeah, yeah, I believe it because it happens that.
Speaker 2: Twenty percent of people who don't are fucking weirdo stupid people, Like, what the fuck is wrong with you? They don't need the governments trying to kill you.
Speaker 3: That's exactly why I want it's all on the show because I was like, my problem with my problem with the report.
Speaker 4: Is that's what I was thinking of that.
Speaker 2: That's like, yeah, no, you're tripping, but no, yeah, it's the FDA somehow wanting me to believe that they they've done the right thing. Is nuts. It's it's completely insane. Moreover, its suggesting that this chicken don't get dropped on the floor, and they don't just like pick it up and package like they're talking about that.
Speaker 3: You know that that man, that that man changes his gloves every time or even wears him in the first place, every time a new chicken coming to the thing.
Speaker 4: That man is not changing his gloves in a dead animal. Fact, he's working at den.
Speaker 1: Come on, he's covered in blood.
Speaker 2: He watches murder all day long, just just mammals.
Speaker 1: He smokes cigarettes in those gloves. He smokes a cigarette. It goes back.
Speaker 2: He's gotten used to the screams of chickens in the night.
Speaker 4: And you know, you don't even spell it. No, what you talking about? Come home?
Speaker 2: You don't even have me to thorough wash. And then you think there's an FDA official standing next to him writing down whether or not he did a good job. Get out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the wash? You mean?
Speaker 4: He hoses it down, They hit it with the hose, so they just rinse it.
Speaker 2: That's nuts.
Speaker 1: Wow. And and also why would they need to watch it if it didn't need to be washed, if it was clean, why do they got to wash it four times?
Speaker 2: So that's okay? Let's be clear. They're watching it because they say that they're removing the skin that was there. Yeah, they're doing so, there's a lot more on it by the time it gets to them in his organ I like that, You're like, no, pier a chicken. That's the way it's meant to be.
Speaker 1: No, I slaughtered a whole chicken. I killed I killed tons of chickens. I'm familiar with the chicken killing process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never I've never slaughtered anything.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna kill you some animals. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I got it me man, I'm a city boy dog. I shot prairie dogs a few times and really fell bad. And they was like they just like that wasn't for food. True, that wasn't for food though, right. No, I have been out of a out in a farm in Honduras picking some coffee. That's another thing I'm into. And but the dude that was running it like introduced us to the lamb. We was gonna eat tonight or the next day. I was like, bro, don't introduce me. But he introduced me to the lamb. And I gotta tell you what, my nigga, that was the most delicious baity. I taco I've ever had in my life. I was like, this is incredible. I ain't gonna I don't want to know what I'm not that again, Bro, I taste that food's personality.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bushy.
Speaker 3: I appreciate your sacrifice. Pair really well with this corona. But either way, I didn't see the slaughter. I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm just not buying that that dis government facility or organization is really stepping up and doing the right thing. It's citizens that feels great.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I don't believe that in any way.
Speaker 2: Right, And so that I think and maybe this, this is a good way for us to go into the break that I think leaves us with a big question of whether or not we trust the the science that says that this chicken is spreading lots of bacteria, or for trusting the government to have done enough by us to just presume that we don't have to intervene in some kind of way.
Speaker 4: Word, I still believe.
Speaker 3: I still thoroughly and wholeheartedly believe that you got to do something like at some point it's like, look, bro, you know, if you you ask it, you're asking too much of me to trust so many things that I have no control or say over, like I can trust myself that you know what I mean? And if and if I still get sick because I don't spread salmonila across my table.
Speaker 4: Okay, stupid me, But like I did that right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna clean unprocessed foods just period I trust the process, right, like I get it back of flaming hots. I know that's clean unprocessed food. I'm washing all of it. I'm washing all of it.
Speaker 2: This red number five is clean. It's clean, it's clean. Ain't no contaminations in these?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you used to clean things? Chemicals?
Speaker 3: It's already Yeah, this is like I'm already eating. I'm already eating the periodic table, so like is what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's real.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think I think it's too it's too much to ask for me to trust everybody involved in the chicken just off the grip. We're gonna take one more break. We're gonna be back with more propaganda, and we're gonna keep talking about this, talking about this chicken washing. And I got I got a nice surprise for y'all with the chicken washing when we come back more.
Speaker 8: Ma.
Speaker 2: Mama told me we're calling upon you because we have we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great. We love it so much.
Speaker 1: Just sleek, it's sexy.
Speaker 2: Come on, you want to tell them what we have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat, an alien dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a coofie on it since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say proud little Mama, which is.
Speaker 2: Who you are. Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to my mama told me dot merch table dot com. It's a brand new name, but it's the same old merch and we would love for you to get if you haven't got it already, and we want you to have all the sweet stuff, so get it.
Speaker 1: With the big We are back discussing whether or not you trust the government or your own goddamn water supply. Damn, I don't trust the government. I like, I understand the points that you've made. This entire thing. I've listened to them. I still am going to watch me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's fair. I think that's fair. And and we got a surprise over the break. We learned from our producer Olivia that she doesn't wash her chicken. She does not, she admitted to us to our faces.
Speaker 4: It was Olivia.
Speaker 1: It was dark days over here at headquarters.
Speaker 2: She told her she didn't wash her chicken. And then and then David and I both chatted privately.
Speaker 4: Re evaluated a few things.
Speaker 2: He talked about a few things outside of the group chats.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 4: Every since that day, I was looking at her different.
Speaker 1: That's actually what he was talking about in that song.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: It was like, I don't know washing chicken. I'm fuck you the man. You can't come in the house if you're not watching.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, what look? I was, go look it all ties in. What's the other thing?
Speaker 3: All of my mama sold us you can't eat at everybody's house, like you can't eat it everybody you know. So like that, there go your proof. It's like, I love everything about you, but I think I ordered some postman damn.
Speaker 1: Said, do you still I still have some friends where I'm not like trying to stuff you know what I mean if they're like, like, I'll come over way before dinner, but after lunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're staying out.
Speaker 1: Of my mouth.
Speaker 4: You want me to bring something? I saw good, I'll bring something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I think I'm just gonna eat potatoes style of the day. Good, bro.
Speaker 1: Honest, that seems like a brutal existence when you meet people who's just like, damn, your whole house can't cook, nobody in here, nobody in here.
Speaker 2: Or it's like or is that or is that freeing?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like is that kind of nice where you just like you don't even know what good is?
Speaker 4: So you it makes no difference to you. That's the other thing that I worry about.
Speaker 3: I'm like, none of y'all can taste this, like nobody, none of y'all can tell that this is awful.
Speaker 1: It's you. You almost hope that they can't, Yeah, because it's what it can.
Speaker 2: Then that's that's a bad that's a sadder existence.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I have two personal stories around that one. Oh please, okay, so again borderlands that I grew up in the First like overnight sleepover at a friend's house. That wasn't you know, a cousin, you know what I mean. Was two of the most pivotal experiences, you know, in all of our neighborhoods. You know, there's always like a one or two, like white families that just didn't leave during white flight. They just happened to stay, you know, so they were there, right. So I spent the night over at homy house and the next morning was just like, do you want some toast? And she brought out wonderbread and I was like, I had never seen. It's like, yo, and you already know the rules because yo, Mama gave you the same rules when you ask somebody house, you got it.
Speaker 4: You gotta eat what they give, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I froze.
Speaker 4: But I was like, what, I don't know? They eat this like it was just so like why do y'all eat this?
Speaker 2: Like you know?
Speaker 4: So but you know, and I watched my friend like scrunch it together and just eat it like this, and I was like, what the fuck? What is he doing?
Speaker 3: Later on, during lunch, this is the one that did it, she was like, do you want a hot dog? And in my head I heard hot link, you know, so I thought, and I was like yeah, And then she went and got a pot in boiled.
Speaker 1: Water and I was like, it in that water.
Speaker 3: I was like.
Speaker 2: What is she doing?
Speaker 3: Like y'all like you gotta you know, put yourself in third grade how you can hide your confusion when you're watching, Like the hell.
Speaker 4: Is she doing?
Speaker 3: And then she threw the thing in there and then put the soggy hot dog and I was like did she is it cooked?
Speaker 2: Like I think I.
Speaker 4: Specifically remember asking is it done? She was like yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like.
Speaker 4: She just gave me a raw hot Like I just had never seen. This is how y'all live, you know. It almost was like I want you guys to come over and let us show you this is how you do this.
Speaker 3: You want to want to burn a link for him and like like, bro, you don't have to live like this, Like why.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man?
Speaker 4: That was Those are two very pivotal moments in my life.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm sorry that, uh that you had to go through that. I'm glad that you saw the other side of it. Yes, and we pray that you know you'll find your piece as a life continues forward.
Speaker 1: Amen, Listen. I had a friend like that in my high school live down the street because we moved to a small town high school mostly white people. And then she would admit, it's so crazy because on paper it was a good meal. Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Like she'd be like, we're having xxxx and X if you're read, the whole thing tasted like nothing. Yeah, nothing tasted like anything. And gravy tasted like the peas tasted like the meat.
Speaker 4: Dry, we dry, warm and warm and cold, just flatty pass.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was crazy, David, are you enjoying your dry?
Speaker 1: And I went over there multiple times and it was just every the breakfast tasted like, the lunch tasted like the dinner.
Speaker 4: Brought treble, nothing, just it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Elevator music of meals.
Speaker 2: That's man, you both are survivors.
Speaker 3: And and I will say this though you yes, I will say this though it prepares you for when you grow up, you get to travel, you grow across the world.
Speaker 4: You're already like, Okay, I know everywhere is different.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna learn new things, be willing to try some stuff and can have like a genuine like openness that because I was like, oh, I was prepared for this. I know to keep my expectations at a certain level and then let myself be surprised.
Speaker 1: Some of those Europeans got bad food. I'm just saying it, just awful food, just English.
Speaker 2: Don't go.
Speaker 4: Cut that shit out.
Speaker 1: You're eating beans and tomatoes for breakfast.
Speaker 2: That you put beans on bread?
Speaker 1: What do you? What are you doing?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 1: Would you do that for? You don't even understand the technologies. You don't understand either technology.
Speaker 3: What's that about the beans? Is they look like baked beans? Like you look down at You're like, all this might slap and then you're like, like you said flat eq, there's no yep and not even there, there's no what what why?
Speaker 4: You tricked me? Yeah? I don't get it. Also, in their defense, don't nothing grow there, so that's probably why.
Speaker 1: They got fish.
Speaker 4: They do got fish.
Speaker 2: Look the beans alone, the bread alone, we can figure something out. The beans and bread combined.
Speaker 1: That's on you.
Speaker 2: That's like a character flaw inside of you that you were like, I'm gonna make these together, you know what I mean? Like I get it. Every place ain't got the same ship. There's certain things that out of other countries that I'm like, that's not for me. But I understand how you can get there beans on toast. Yea kill yourself?
Speaker 1: Whose idea was that?
Speaker 2: That's nuts?
Speaker 1: Whose idea was?
Speaker 4: And y'all wasn't starving, Like you colonized the planet. Y'all wasn't starving. Y'all could have ate whatever you wanted.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing that colonized the planet for spice. They hit that spice trade and went craziest they did. They found out there was curry in Asia, and now everything's.
Speaker 3: Fucked initiation to make their food better. Then, like, I don't understand you crashed on the planet.
Speaker 1: Because they were very white about it. They're like, well, enjoy it over here, don't bring it back home.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, that's just my Look, that's just my looking spice. I don't I sprinkle that on my porch every morning.
Speaker 4: That's the grain. Hilarious.
Speaker 2: This keeps up the rats at bay.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: Apparently they eat it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: What this paprika, this thedor this is my body?
Speaker 4: That way I could that way I could shower one last month.
Speaker 2: This uh, maybe will be the best way for us to end. They actually, as part of the part of the the article that I read, it sends you to a place called fightback dot org, where the Partnership for Food Safety Education actually has created a series of videos explaining to people why you should not wash your chicken. And I thought it would be really fun if we watched one of those videos together so we could all enjoy it. Absolutely, It's only a minute long, and I think we'll get a good, nice kick out of everything happening in one of these videos.
Speaker 1: I bet I hate the host.
Speaker 4: I'm already very frustrated.
Speaker 2: Whoever, whatever you think it is, it's different, okay o, which I'm excited about. I think you're gonna you're gonna find that it's real different than you think.
Speaker 8: Let's explore meals are prepared, drinks are poured and spilled, and there's always plenty to clean and wash. However, rinsing raw poultry contaminates your kitchen with harmful bacteria like Salmonella. Bacteria is aerosolized with water when you rinse your chicken, which means that bacteria can travel beyond what you can see. When you can keep bacteria from spreading, you make the kitchen and as clean as possible. This is especially important for the high risk members of our family loved ones who are younger and older, or those with poor immune systems. If they get a food born illness, they're more likely to be hospitalized or become very ill. Don't rinse your chicken, don't cross contaminate, keep raw juice and chicken away from other foods and kitchen items, and cook thoroughly.
Speaker 4: And deeply.
Speaker 1: I will say I was worried it was gonna be some kind of a don't wash your chicken rap. So wow that this is a step up from what I had.
Speaker 4: That was the furthest thing.
Speaker 3: I am glad it was an animation like that removed a lot of the ankst that I was going to have about this, because I.
Speaker 1: Was like, they.
Speaker 2: Put they drew black and brown people for that whole thing they did.
Speaker 1: They would not.
Speaker 2: Non not one non nigga in that video. They were like, we know, we know we're talking to We're not about to play with you.
Speaker 1: You know how all those little black girls pouring glasses of milk out there, You know how how that's a common.
Speaker 4: Thing, black black girls drinking glasses of milk.
Speaker 2: It's a classic thing in a black household. Do you wake up in the morning a little black baby with barrets pouring herself a toll glass of milk. Nobody's yelling at her or telling her she's allergic. She's just drinking the milk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every single one of us is lactos and tolerant. Nobody is drinking milk at our house. A glass of milk that is that's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's risky behavior for sure. Yeah. I I The video itself is not nearly as an offensive I don't know, exactly defensive. It just is so funny to me that they were like, we're not even gonna play around and put white people in this ship. They knew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did it as tasteful as they possibly could and try to give the visuals of like you see.
Speaker 7: All the ship on all your ship okay, yeah, damn baby's baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just furious, like what else can we tell y'all.
Speaker 2: I will also say that the three other videos sort of follow a similar tone, although there is one where they tried to be funny and it's not fun I'm not gonna pretend like it's funny, but they did try to flip the races, so it's the black person telling the white person not to worry about the gou and it's like, oh, y'all got pushback after that first video. I see what happened here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you called us all niggers, and then you got you got a little bit of pushback, so you yeah, a little whoopsie days see Oh the white man likes to watch his She was.
Speaker 3: Like, no, yeah, Jane, Yeah, Janie that's from marketing. Walked by and saw the screen and was like uh.
Speaker 2: She says she won't quit, but she is upset.
Speaker 4: I noticed all y'all's drawings that these little black kids.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Janie, we support.
Speaker 4: You, appreciate that doing a large work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we appreciate your contribution.
Speaker 2: So if I if I could wrap this thing up, I think what it sounds like is everyone's in agreement that the science is probably correct, but none of us are in agreement that the government is doing right enough by us to not take some extra steps, even if those extra steps happen to be leading to our own demise.
Speaker 4: The exact things they asked us not to do, the steps we're so.
Speaker 1: I'm calling my shot. No chickens taking me out. That's not how I I'm not gonna.
Speaker 4: Die by chicken, not dying by chicken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, facts, I think we should name that the episode I'm not Dying by Chicken. I'm not dying by Chicken.
Speaker 1: Also, for the record, there are no at risk members of my household. I'm not raising victims.
Speaker 4: Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, at risk of what?
Speaker 2: All right? At risk ones we leave in the wilderness somewhere. If they come back, then they can be a champion.
Speaker 1: Hard life.
Speaker 2: Oh man, all right, prop, you want to tell the people where they can find you? Man, you got going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nah, I appreciate y'all. Yeah, prop hip hop dot com.
Speaker 3: I host a party in Long Beach called real Ones every first Sunday Day party for us grown folks with good knees or with not so good neees, so you could be.
Speaker 4: Home by eight. That's what you need. Yeah, the politics were prop Man.
Speaker 3: I essentially believe that if you grew up any way or around the culture that I'm sure both of these gentlemen grew up in, you understand politics more than you think. And if you to kind of tap into your knowledge of like how to survive the neighborhoods we grew up in, then you're actually again very well equipped to understand and discern the times So that's what I do. I just talk weekly about what's going on in our politics and just you know, remind us that we're smarter than we're given credit for.
Speaker 4: So that's what the politics were.
Speaker 3: PROP every Wednesday, super fun, you know, crack jokes, talk about hood stuff and it's good time.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, follow prop and check out the podcast to do your work on the fucking Come on, it's not making us remind you of shit. God damn got it.
Speaker 1: Not even what this is for.
Speaker 2: It's not even was for Bory for mind these motherfuckers, man.
Speaker 1: I remind you again. Cool Guy Jokes eighty seven on Instagram, Patreon, dot com, backslash David Bory Birth of a Nation with the g MY special available for purchase. It's going crazy. Everybody loves it. I haven't received one negative content comment that I've that's great shared with anyone.
Speaker 2: So funny, top to bottom, hilarious. I immediately paid for it and enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Every moment of it.
Speaker 2: It's so fucking funny.
Speaker 1: If you want to see me make front of a Frenchman who doesn't deserve it.
Speaker 2: Buddy, Nobody in your audience deserved it. Everybody everybody was being so cool. And supportive, and you lashed out at each and every individual there.
Speaker 1: It was, it was.
Speaker 2: It's phenomenal. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you want to hear what Legsy is talking about, go to patreon dot com, backslash, David gbo r I E.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it, And as always, you can follow me at Langston Kerrman on all social media platforms and watch my special August twentieth on Netflix. It's called bad Poetry. It's gonna be It's gonna be a time baby. And if you want to send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories, If you want to tell us the secret solution for getting chicken absolutely clean without contaminating our bodies, send it all to my Mama pod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you by the merch like subscribe, rate, review.
Speaker 1: Remix.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye, bitch.
Speaker 4: Something's going on?
Speaker 2: Can I smell yo?
Speaker 1: Big?
Speaker 2: My Mama Told Me is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Greet It and hosted by Langston, co hosted by David Borie. Executive produced by Will Farrell, Han Soni and Olivia Aguilon, co produced by Bee Wayne, edited and engineered by Justin Kopfon.
Speaker 2: Music by Nick Chambers.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Dogon Kreega.
Speaker 2: You can now watch episodes of My Mama Told Me on YouTube. Follow at my Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel