Speaker 1: What do you call two guys that were there when this happened? Back to return at Spurlock, Michael Spurlock of the Chymo. He's to the twenty He's of the twenty five parlor.
Speaker 2: Thirty to the forty yard line.
Speaker 1: We could see history fifty forty come the thirty yard.
Speaker 3: My Michael run, Michael run, Michael run. Such stops Tampa Bay.
Speaker 1: There you go, and that shotgun sends we receivers left. Here's the staff of the glitcher has picked up. Brady Unity caught ball ups.
Speaker 3: He has the record at the eleven yard line.
Speaker 1: Mike Evans becomes the first NFL player in LEA history to record a thousand yards of more of this first seventh seasons.
Speaker 3: That want to throw by Brady. Congratulations Mike Evans, who can forget.
Speaker 1: Again looking gains up the hats the other side, Terry Books thirty touchdown Tampa Bay.
Speaker 3: Derek Books the most.
Speaker 4: Paria a player in the National Football League.
Speaker 1: There it is Dot Daggers in where are you gonna win the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Here's the snap. Mahomes running to his right. Lookout he may run my home director now battle in seven picked up for the ins on Fox gotta be the chief. We're the chapters of the world that we still have.
Speaker 2: I'm minute thirty three to Goo.
Speaker 1: That's it for Casey Box.
Speaker 3: All the Super Bowl champs they can't stop the clock. We call them the Salty Dogs.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to the Very Cheerful Salty Dogs Podcast.
Speaker 3: Very cheerful. I'm Scott Smith, I'm Jeff Ryan. Aren't you cheerful? I'm grateful, grateful oyes. I'm just happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that that Sunday.
Speaker 3: Really well, I'll be happier on Sunday, coming Sunday.
Speaker 2: But you wouldn't even be necessarily in position to be happy, you know. So this is a podcast about mostly about Buccaneers football. It is tend to digress from time to time. Ever, just to bear with.
Speaker 3: Us there it doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: We do have a special guest with us right here, right now, we do. It's the Ducks.
Speaker 3: Dear duck im version quack quack. Oh, come on, you better than that.
Speaker 2: We don't have the duck weight. We wish we had the dug with like that.
Speaker 3: You hear that?
Speaker 2: What your duck impression?
Speaker 3: No? Can you hear this?
Speaker 2: No sound effect or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm hitting a sound effect and is it a duck. No, it's a drum roll. It's a drummer. Put them bump because you brought the duck up and I made a comment that a lot of mileage on that duck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's gonna it's probably gonna get old.
Speaker 3: Yeah before it's over. Yeah, you can usually usually, well that's what happens. Though.
Speaker 2: You could tell immediately where I was in the presspect. You know, you're in the radio booth and you had things you had to keep everybody focused on. Yeah, but you could tell from everybody around me and all the endlist, Microsoft teams, chains and so on, that this was gonna be uh, this is gonna go viral? Well, you knew immediately, Oh.
Speaker 3: No question. And I will say this. It's on Instagram the radio call and they have the duck showing and then they have us in the booth showing above it. It's really well done. So it's Buccaneers Instagram. Go see it. You can see. It is actually one of our better calls really, because Gene is setting up for the punt, Dave goes there's a duck on the field, and then Gene just goes into the whole thing, and we did not miss the block punt at all. We didn't even though the TV. Even though the TV did, we stayed right with it all the way as it was great and it was well done well. The duck was cute.
Speaker 2: If anybody, I can't believe, I can't imagine anybody that would listen to this podcast doesn't know what we're talking about. But just in case, just in case, the game in the third quarter of the game on Sunday against Carolina, a duck that I didn't know this at first, but if I had kind of been above the stadium and three times, I guess it got tired and needed a place to sit for a while, so it landed on the field right.
Speaker 3: Todd said that he came to watch the game and he couldn't get a seat, so he just grabbed the field.
Speaker 2: He was closer to the north end zone and the punt was going on from the south end zone and then the punk got blocked, So that just added to the whole thing. Is like the duck brought us all this luck. And then a couple of people very gently helped get it off the field and out of the stadium, mostly UH, a guy anchor anchor.
Speaker 3: I can't think of his last name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, right, watch it if you can find the clip of him on Good Morning Football. It was really funny, well done. It was very funny. And him sitting there in his resplendent bullet and I'm not making fun of him. He has entered into mullet cou.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah no. What's also interesting about all of that is in the mic miked up segment of the Bucks, Trey Palmer is talking to Mike Evans about standing there and looking over and seeing the duck. It's really again well done. If you go to it's funny, that would be I don't know. We have so many different things where we put.
Speaker 2: I don't think miked up will be up yet, but no I did. I saw it well, it'd be on Buccaneer's socket.
Speaker 3: Then yeah, okay, because sometimes I get confused where miked up goes and where Instagram stuff goes, and then try to put it on everything where TikTok stuff goes. I there's a lot of places to find that stuff. YouTube correct, so the app, Yeah, it's well done, though it is. It is very fun. What do you need more? You make it just a little lower for me or do you are you having a hard time to hear Hello? Hello? Okay, it's going in and out there we go. That's good? Is that better? Yeah? Let me plug this a little tighter.
Speaker 2: There for you. I was just afraid that I wasn't actually oh yeah, you're all recorded, and that this would be a very strange podcast where you were like talking to just me yourself, but that'd be about ducks and things. Yeah, So that the duck was fun, and then it was really funny afterwards when obviously ducky, but it was funny because early on in the game, Bucky Irving was already getting Bucky chance. Yeah, and and then the duck landing and people got into that and they started chanting Ducky, which was very very funny. And then in the postgame press conference they brought Bucky up to the podium, uh and he they they asked him about that. He said, well, to me, it's just a sign that the Oregon Ducks are gonna win the national championship. There are the ducks.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 2: How good was all that together?
Speaker 3: It was? It was actually great. Jane called him Ducky Irving the duck when he was out there all during the same time, not later on, like after you thought about it. Huh, it was all immediate, So it was. It was one of those it's it was a fun thing. It is a fun thing. Yeah, I've never seen. Someone asked me, have I ever seen? And I've seen a lot of stuff in thirty some years of football, but I've not seen a duck on the field before.
Speaker 2: It's the latest celebrity animal running around the fields. Like, didn't the Angels have a squirrel for a while?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: My Cardinals had something for a while, but I can't remember what it was. It's just it has to happen naturally and then hopefully, hopefully did all the humor isn't wrung out of it.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought Dave said it best too. He and Dave Moore made a comment during the broadcast, is it was a good thing that punt was blocked because that duck would have been killed?
Speaker 2: I don't even want to think about that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, if you're running down there and there, I mean, seriously, the guy wouldn't think twice it would It would fly away if all these yeah, oh well they tried to move it and he did.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it wasn't it was.
Speaker 3: It was fearful.
Speaker 2: Five people running down and he did move too, and then he he was going towards the sideline. Then the reverse course went right through that guy's legs. Yeah, running back, But I thought was funny.
Speaker 3: On Trey Palmer made a comment that he looked over and saw the duck and he didn't overreact to it because they do so many different things in stadiums now.
Speaker 2: He just thought it was part of the new stuff, that it's part of our entertainment.
Speaker 3: Well, we get a lot of that now.
Speaker 2: So they came over from what's that park right there? A Lopez Park right next to the stadium, right across the street.
Speaker 3: That could very well be that's it. So it kind of anyways, it quacked me up.
Speaker 2: There was also oh god, jo hey, this is where this goes in.
Speaker 3: You can't hear it. You'll have to you'll have to listen to your own podcast. Just put it on my bill, all right, Oh that's in my cap. Wow you are.
Speaker 2: You are a very good family thing, is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, you and your sister. That's very good. Wow. We could have put you on the air and used all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I could keep going but I won't. People might flock.
Speaker 3: Away from the podcast if I did.
Speaker 2: Wow, yes, anyway, you got more in you. But no, there are there are games. There was a game as well, and it went really, really well.
Speaker 3: It was all four facets finally showed up. What's the fourth one? Coaching? Oh yeah, you didn't mean to.
Speaker 2: Say that it was a complete that Mike or Todd Bowles.
Speaker 3: Didn't all three fast. I'm sorry. I was thinking offense, defense, special teams. It's like the sixth sense. Yes, the fourth facet is the fans were in. That's what it was, the fans all four.
Speaker 2: Yes, uh, the fans now will be known as the fourth facet.
Speaker 3: As as Todd says, you know, you got to give him something to cheer about, and they certainly did well.
Speaker 2: It was good because it was a think think about the New Orleans game right in New Orleans really came out just firing on all cylinders and opened up a big lead, and then the second quarter went haywire and we were actually losing at halftime, and then they had to like turn it on again in the second half. There wasn't really any lull this time.
Speaker 3: That's what I meant, all four, meaning we played for all four quarters. I hadn't done that before. Yeah, it took me a while to recoup, but I made it and made it work.
Speaker 2: So, Uh, the Buccaneers scored on each of their first five drives, which is awesome.
Speaker 3: Uh, they scored.
Speaker 2: They were a little disappointed they didn't get the ball into the in zone on the second and third right, but still they kept going. Got up big. Now, Bryce Young did hit a couple of plays a big place, and yeah, a couple of downfield plays that Todd was mad about being coverage bus.
Speaker 3: And I heard what he said to TJ. It was great, and I probably said, well, this is this at halftime. At halftime, going off the field, we get a couple of questions with coach, and you know it's in the moment, so you're no filter, no filter at all. And so as we're going across, you know, hey, you were scoring, yeah, blah blah blah. And then defensively you've gave up a couple of big plays. What needs to be better in the second in the second half, and Todd replied that the Dbs need to get their head out of their asses, And uh, honestly, I really truly liked that answer because it was such an honest answer. What made me laugh even more was in the press conference after the game that was brought up of what you know during that time, TJ asked the question that the person set it up, getting their heads out of their asses. What happened? And and Todd said, I think it's it's obvious.
Speaker 2: They said, I think it's kind of what was wordy used, it either speaks for itself. Yeah, it speaks for itself. They pulled it out. They pulled it out.
Speaker 3: That was the quote that was great. So it was one of those games where it just seemed that that no matter what happened, there was something funny coming out of it.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, it's easy to laugh when you're steaming towards forty to fourteen country.
Speaker 3: And they did shut them out in the second half, so apparently they just in New Orleans games. Yeah, so apparently they He did what they told him to do. It was great.
Speaker 2: So the only drive that the the last drive of the second half was really the only drive that failed for the Bucks. Out of nine, he scored on seven of them. The last one was just kneeling at the end to kill the clock. But they had driven into scoring range there too, So if there was more time, Bucks was scored an eight of their nine drives probably, and then you know, you can't really be mad about one drive. I think there was maybe a sack and a penalty on it, so it was it was a they had dug a bit of a hole, so you know, you can't complain about it. Just one networking.
Speaker 3: When I see this, it it kind of I don't know, it kind of scares me in a good way. Is whenever there's a really great game, the next game doesn't go as well. And you know, you come off that Charger game and you're like wow, and then you misfired during the Dallas game. But then you come back and I realized that Carolina didn't have all their weapons and Carolina is in a rebuilding mode. But you really did dominate that game, and that's what you expected to happen and that's what did happen. So now does that carry over to this next week coming up with the Saints.
Speaker 2: Just to rewind a little bit, I opened up the postgame quotes style. Yeah, And first of all, you know, if you've ever seen one of these, they always have in uh parentheses.
Speaker 3: I liked how you did that with your hands. I drew a huge parentheses.
Speaker 2: To make sure I I got the word parentheses, and I'm like, wait, is that what that respect? And I thought that wasn't the right word.
Speaker 3: It is though it is.
Speaker 2: It's not quotations, and they you know, so the reader understands what the topic is this one. And the way they wrote it was on his halftime comments that the defensive backs needed to get their heads out of their rear ears.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they that's that's the communication department being very nice.
Speaker 2: And the word we were looking for that Todd said was self explanatory.
Speaker 3: Oh there it was. It was self explanatory. They pulled him out. That's great.
Speaker 2: So Bucky Irving, we've kind of brought him up, so let's talk about him, all right. He started the game but sort of shot. Yeah, so I don't think we necessarily have a change on the depth chart to talk about. It was the first time he'd started a game in which Rashot also played. He started the New Orleans game when Rosa was out. But if you take the fact that he started Alongsider shot and he got the carry on that first play, and then Rashad came out of the game. I don't know if it was next player. A couple of days later and Bucky got like the first six carries of the game for us. So it was really the first time other than the Saints game, where the coaching staff where Todd and Liam Cohen decided that they're going to try to get him out there and get him going right away. So it was it was a little bit of a change, right. It's a little bit of an evolution of how the backfield has gone, and it's kind of been a gradual thing all season and to the point where now Bucky is clearly your featured back. Rashod had I think eight carries and Bucky had twenty.
Speaker 3: And he's still Rashod still an important part of.
Speaker 2: Shot shot at a nice game, he had like thirty yards on eight carries, so and he's obviously they trust him in pass protection too, and we're gonna need him. But I mean, Bucky's kind of been your most dynamic back of this season, and that's kind of what Todd said. He said, Rashot's playing well, but Bucky's just playing better, and he's he's the one that's turning these you know, a couple couple plays a game into big plays. I mean he had on two straight plays he had a thirty four yeard run in a forty two yard catch and run, and he finished the game with one hundred and eleven yards after contact.
Speaker 3: Which is pretty phenomenal and the best he's.
Speaker 2: Been doing that all year. But that was his highest total one hundred and ninety total yards from scrimmage. He cracked a thousand yards rushing, first running back since Doug Martin in twenty fifteen. It's almost a decade ago to do that, and the first rookie to do it since Doug Martin in twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: What amazes me with Bucky In college, you see guys stop and juke guys out, and when you see that in college, you go, Okay, it's college. I don't know how that's going to really work in the NFL, and you see a lot of times it doesn't. You know, you can't be trying to fake a guy out for whatever reason. He can stop and turn better than I've ever seen anyone else do that except for Barry Sanders. It's always except for Barry Sanders. It's all. I mean, you don't even have to say that.
Speaker 2: Well, you do, but I just don't don't want us to acused of getting out over our No.
Speaker 3: No, no. But what I'm saying is, if you watch him run and you watch him make people miss, the first person hitting him does not get him down.
Speaker 2: First person that'supposed to him doesn't always hit him because he's gone all of a sudden. He If you think about the thirty four yard run, you know that kind of sweep to the right. I think it was probably a gap play with pollers. Another thing that has really helped him. And it's funny because we've said this before, but I'll repeat it. He was just this type of runner in college, and he was a good pass gescher, so he had done it all. He had the tape, but the the issues were his speed because I think he only ran like a four or five five, and the fact he's not that big of a guy. And so that's why the Buccaneers were able to get him in the fourth round.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna bring that up.
Speaker 2: If he had, you know, run a four to three and was, you know, twenty pounds bigger or a couple of inches taller, he probably would have been a late first round pick.
Speaker 3: And we wouldn't have got Yeah, he doesn't have that overdrive speed, but what he has does pretty well.
Speaker 2: But the reason I brought that up again is because on that that run to the right. You after watching the replays afterwards and when they showed the angle from the end zone, I realize that's what they're talking about when they say that he kind of hides like in the as the plays developing, as you're watching it from the end zone on the replay, you don't see him behind those moving offensive linemen and tight ends. You don't you don't see him. He's not in the picture. And and then all of a sudden, boom, he comes out behind them into the into the hole. And I really believe that there's something to the fact that the defenders are having a hard time finding where he is right before he makes that big acceleration into the hole right, and I, you know, I think that's works. So size was part of the reason he dropped the fourth round, But in a way, on some places it's kind of working to his advantage, and he's his size has not led to him being overwhelmed or because you see him breaking tack too. It's not just mistackles. He breaks tackles sometimes and maybe it's only a three yard run, but he's not just being leveled at the line of scrimmage by big defenders, right, So really.
Speaker 3: And you got to give credit to the again to Jason Lighten and staff finding people like that and going, Okay, we don't care what anybody else is saying, we see this, we're going to look. We think we're right.
Speaker 2: Well, we took him in the fourth round, though it's only we took him in the first round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's and it seems now all of a sudden, everybody has got to have a running back again, because remember people were kind of like saying, ah, you know, you really don't need to spend a lot for running but you really don't need and all of a sudden, now running backs are back in favor.
Speaker 2: I think both of those things can be true, though that what you're kind of talking about is the fact that over the last ten or fifteen years, the running back the market running backs has declined, you know, to the part where for some years it was hard for any of them to get a big second contract. And that's because they tend to other more so than other positions, tend to wear down quicker and have shorter careers, and also the fact that you can occasionally, mean more than occasionally, just find a guy like Bucky Irving in the fourth round. But I do think there was a bit of a correction this year for those veteran backs that are really good. You know, Saquon Barkley. The Eagles decided to pay him, and if it weren't for some of these great quarterbacks, he might be the MVP this year. Ye who else got There was a couple others I can't remember now, but there's a couple of other running backs that got new contracts and they all see, well, Derrek Henry, Derrick Henry, and balk.
Speaker 3: Goes to another team and it's worked.
Speaker 2: It works, It's worth very much worth the money as a proved Joe Mixon in Houston.
Speaker 3: But would would would some of these guys be as good if they stayed with their own team?
Speaker 2: No, one probably wouldn't have had good of a year and with the Giants, but he still was good and everybody knew how talented he was. He was like the second pick in the draft a few years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Giants.
Speaker 2: But you can see what I mean in that the Giants and they may regret it now, especially if he gets the record while playing against them this weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh jeez, you know.
Speaker 2: That's going to happen, and then we'll all see the clip of the the owner's side. Oh you know, I'm I sure hope he doesn't. Yeah, I'm gonna regret it if he goes, if he goes to the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But then also, the Giants drafted Tyrone Tracy and he's not Saquon Barkley, but he's been perfectly serviceable as a you know, productive lead back. So it can happen both ways. I mean, but this particular year, the import of running backs has worked out very well. Josh Jacobs for the Packers and Aaron Jones from the Packers goes to the Vikings and they're all have worked out.
Speaker 3: And where it's going to be a big thing if having a good running back is when, if, and when the Buccaneers have to go up into cold weather. Yeah, well that run game be very helpful. Is that possible?
Speaker 2: So right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Would it not be?
Speaker 2: I'm just want to lay it all out right now. You know, let's just this is not guaranteed, and I but if the Bucks win, they're in and they're probably the four seed unless the Rams lose to Seattle, in which case the Bucks would be the three.
Speaker 3: Seed because of our common opponents, no conference record, conference record.
Speaker 2: Okay, but uh, if they're if they're the four seed. If the Bucks are the four seed, they're going to either get Minnesota or Detroit, which everyone doesn't win that division, be at home against Minnesota and Detroit.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And green Bay is most likely to be the seventh seed because where are we talking about cold green Bay? And because Detroit's dome, Minnesota's a dome, Rams is LA and so it's just green Bay or Washington Eagles. Oh Eagles, okay, up having a yeah, but not in the first round, no, you would. Yeah, that's in fact, if you're the three seed and you win, then you're probably going to Philly.
Speaker 3: There you go, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 2: Hey, we like going to Philly in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: I like it. You know, listen, if we I don't care where it is, if we go. If you win a playoff game, but you got to go play another playoff game, it doesn't matter where. Just go.
Speaker 2: So this is a this sheet.
Speaker 3: See the sheet. Oh gosh, it's color coded. So it's got a lot of numbers on it. They're making my hair hurt.
Speaker 2: What is that I'm telling you, I'm trying to tell you what you're talking about. Her hair hurt.
Speaker 3: Well, because i'm looking at your sheet, I'm going to show it to you in a second. Okay, did you make this? No, I didn't make it.
Speaker 2: The NFL made it. Oh, there a little logo right there. Okay. So there are six games that factor into the NFC playoff field in the last week. Of course, five of the spots are already decided because Detroit's locked in. Detroitter Minnesota will be the one seed, Lilly is locked in the two seed. The Rams will be either three or four they won their division. The loser of Detroit Minnesota will be the five seed.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: Washington wins and they will be the six seed. They have already locked up a wild card spot. Andy has already locked up a wild card spot and will be either six or seven. So there are six games. There are sixty four possibilities of how these six games could turn out.
Speaker 3: You know this is just for six games right now.
Speaker 2: These are the six games. Yeah, I see them, and there are sixty four possible combinations of the results and you can choose anyone you want and see.
Speaker 3: The NFC nuts field. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: You can do the same thing on the ESPN playff machine.
Speaker 3: Muy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to take all the time to like, yeah, all right, right, this is a grid that shows us.
Speaker 3: So so can the average person get this grid?
Speaker 2: I would think so because it's from the NFL.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I got it from Michael Pahannock.
Speaker 3: Oh okay. I was just wondering if it was like, uh, internal NFL stuff or whether it was.
Speaker 2: I would go on the NFL dot com and look, I mean, it is very very cool resource.
Speaker 3: Because you're seeing now Detroit and Minnesota could be number one. Philadelphia they're always going to be number two no matter what. No one gets to be number two. Number three is Tampa Bay or the number four Tampa Bay or the Rams number five or the Falcons or the Falcons. Minnesota could be five, and which crazy is Detroit can be one? Soakad Minnesota. But after this Sunday's game, one's going to be one and one's going to be five.
Speaker 2: It is amazing to me that there's a team that's right now fourteen and two and yeah, is going to be going on the road.
Speaker 3: That's that's incorrect. That's the other thing people are going to get all jacked up about is why does I know every time? I don't, I know why because it's divisions. But I'm saying everybody gets cranked up over that.
Speaker 2: They do they like that. Why does fourteen and three Minnesota in a row, well ten and seven or even possibly nine and eight right Atlanta or the Bucks get down?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: That argument is never works for me. I don't care.
Speaker 3: To me, that's not a problem.
Speaker 2: This is the way the system is. And you get rewarded for winning your division, correct, period, and that is your reward. And I would say the same thing if it was working against the Buck right, correct. So I mean we had to go play Super Bowl years it wasn't Washington seven and nine, yep, and we had to go up there. We had to go play there, and I don't think we complained. We didn't think it was unfair. They won their division.
Speaker 3: That's we didn't. That's why they have it broken out. I hope they never changed. If that was the case, you would have no divisions. You would just have sixteen teams like like back in Yeah, yeah, America actual one. However, many of that's that was before that was before you had playoffs and anything. It was just Penning number yeah, number one and number one. That's the World Series.
Speaker 2: That's that's the way it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh, which suck because you could be out of it in like May, like you'd be the Royals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you just give you just give all your good players to the Yankees. Royals were like the Yankees farm team. Isn't that where they.
Speaker 3: Got Reggie Jackson? No? Well, man, he come from Oakland and that.
Speaker 2: Was later than I'm talking about. I'm talking more like the fifties, forties and fifties. Isn't there where they got Marris Well?
Speaker 3: The Royals didn't come in till the sixties. Kansas City Royals. They used to be the Kansas City Athletics, and then the Athletics moved to Oakland and then the Royals came. I want to say that sometime in the sixties and mid sixties.
Speaker 2: Because I could have sworn Roger Merris played for the Royals.
Speaker 3: Uh he played. I know he played for the Yankees and the Cardinals, did he not?
Speaker 2: I don't think it was the car I'm going to be embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Well, it was like it was like Missouri, right, here's.
Speaker 2: A franchise on Well, Kansas City's in Missouri. Yeah, well the Royals have been around since sixty one.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, ste thank you, pretty good. Uh So Roger Marris, I think Roger Marris was with the Yankees and the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: I thought he was somewhere before the Yankees maybe, and now I'm afraid it's the Cardinals and the Uh Okay, he was with the Kansas City Athletics. Okay, there you go in fifty eight to fifty nine. He had been with Cleveland prior to that.
Speaker 3: But did he not also go to the Cardinals at one time at the very.
Speaker 2: End of his Yeah, okay, I didn't know that. I just didn't think it was with the Cardinals before the Yankees. Cardinals before the Yankees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a big to do when when you know when team because teams hadn't moved, I mean, uh, fifty eight fifty nine, I think it was the Dodgers and and the Giants moved out west and then it was like ten years and you know, a team hadn't moved, and that was a big deal in teams. I noticed that is it like a fade.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's just cut out for a moment, all right, but you weren't touching anything.
Speaker 3: Now it's fine, all right.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Uh.
Speaker 3: See how we kind of digress where I don't know how we got get there. Oh, because of all the combinations and how there's divisions and why there shouldn't be divisions.
Speaker 2: And okay, so so the fans, Oh that's right. The six games that matter, uh this coming week in our Minnesota, Detroit, New Orleans of Tampa Bay, Carolina, Atlanta, Seattle at the Rams, Washington and Dallas, and Chicago at Green Bay. And all those games except for the Rams game are at one o'clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well that's because the Rams are on the West coast.
Speaker 2: Right the only reason. I mean, they take great pains too. If there's two teams still vying for the division title, they want to make sure they're playing at the same time. So if the Buccaneers, if the Falcons were at one and the Bucks were at four, and the Falcons lost, we would clinch and we could go, well, let's.
Speaker 3: Get some of our starters. Yeah, yeah, our starters.
Speaker 2: So I'll read those. You give me, you give me you tell me who wins each one of these games, Okay, Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Detroit, Minnesota, Okay, New.
Speaker 2: Orleans at Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay, Carolina at Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, but I think CAROLINEA is gonna winow.
Speaker 2: Wow Wow, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Seattle at the Rams.
Speaker 3: Well, I kind of want Seattle to win because I want the Bucks to be Who do you think is going to win? Rams? Uh?
Speaker 2: So you said Minnesota, Tampa Bay, carolind the Rams, uh, Washington and Dallas, Washington, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Rams, Washington, and then Chicago, Green.
Speaker 3: Bay, Oh, Green Bay. All right?
Speaker 2: If those six happened that way, it would be Minnesota one, Philly two, Rams three, Bucks four, Detroit five, Washington six, and Green Bay seven. Okay, and we would be at home against Detroit, who the Buccaneers have beaten this year. Sure, and I have so many injuries.
Speaker 3: Well that has been that that has become a rivalry game, you know, so extent because well there's this so much on it, you know, I mean, they beat us in the playoffs and we beat them in the second week of of the season.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure two games makes a rivalry well now, my now, my sound's cutting out. Well, your equipment ain't great today.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I'll tell you what it was.
Speaker 2: Did you leave it out in the rain.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I touched something and I can't figure out what I touched. Sometime again, earlier, I was trying to work on a system and I must have touched it. So it's like a mixed minus or something. But it's it's very confused.
Speaker 2: Just make sure it's it's working when I when I'm about to say something funny, I just.
Speaker 3: Hope it keeps you. Oh, I figured out why you didn't hear the drum thing. I think I figured that out. Let me try this now. Yeah, okay, there you go. So but you just didn't have a I did.
Speaker 2: You don't have a duck sound?
Speaker 3: You need to add, don't. I don't like that. Oh that's when you say something not funny. That was called crickets. Yeah. See, I was trying to load. I wanted to load some things in here so I could play them when we talk, and somehow I messed up this whole thing and saw.
Speaker 4: I just got so frustrated yesterday with it. I just said, three, your hands up in the air. I did, I said, just stalked away. We'll just deal with it in the offseason. I'll figure out all these really cool things and we.
Speaker 3: Can go from Oh.
Speaker 2: By the way, Baker Mayfield is the NFC Offensive Player of the Week for the second time in the last three weeks and the sixth time in his career. He tied Brad Johnson with three of those as a buck, which is the most for a quarterback in history. He had one last year if you recall the perfect game in Green Bay, but two of the last three, dude, I know. So he goes in this game, he goes twenty seven of thirty two for three hundred and fifty nine yards, five touchdowns, no interceptions, one hundred and fifty three passer rating. And you know, the immediate and obvious note I used it to everybody used it is that he had as many touchdowns as in completions in that game. Wow, which is incredible.
Speaker 3: He had his many touchdowns in that game as he threw in completions, five of as the Cleveland quarterback who they spent all that money on had in a season this season.
Speaker 2: Five That's more than Trent Dilfer had in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Five. How manny Trent yet four? I think four?
Speaker 2: It was like it was his first full season as a starter. So you know, by nineteen ninety seven he made the Pro Bowl. So I'm not trying to you know, no, I know, it is just how he started on Trent Dilfer. No, it's just a fact, right that. So he was drafted in ninety four, only started a couple of games, but he started all sixteen in nineteen ninety five and through four interceptions and four touchdowns and eighteen interceptions in sixteen. That has a lot to do with not only Trent, but the whole offense back then.
Speaker 3: There's it was. It was a mess.
Speaker 2: It was a The passing game was a mess. We could run the ball a little bit. Yeah, that wasn't great anyway. That we don't even digress into that. What I thought the most interesting stat coming out of that game for Baker was that all five of his touchdowns came against Blitzes. He was you're out again, No, I'm here, you're out for a moment. I saw your lips moving near the words.
Speaker 3: I was throwing my voice and you didn't catch it.
Speaker 2: You threw it the other direction. That's why I didn't hear it. He completed all twelve of the passes on which he was blitzed.
Speaker 3: It's pretty great. It's awesome. Uh yeah, so it helped go ahead, No, you go well, I was just gonna say, yeah, he was picking up the blitz and which made me think about we had five sacks this game. Yeah, and that was good to see. During Todd's radio show, he made a comment about Shaq Barrett has been signed. Is it a coincidence that all of a sudden we have five sacks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They all wanted to look good in front of the sack king.
Speaker 3: They wanted to keep Are they that? Or they wanted to keep your job? So there's that too.
Speaker 2: It'll be interesting to see if and if he plays this week. Obviously he wasn't going to play one day after signing.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: If he apparently is actually in pretty good shape, has been working out a lot, be interesting to see if he's got any kind of spark left.
Speaker 3: He could be the kind of guy that you put him in those situations, you know, maybe twelve plays that you know you really need something special to happen. I mean, I could see that happening kind of ease him in this game, limited number of plays to get kind of in football shape and then be ready if we make that playoff run. Yeah, it would be cool.
Speaker 2: But anyway, all five sacks, like you said, all five, we have to get back to Baker by the way. Okay, all five by five different players. But what was noteworthy is that those five players were all members of the defensive front. It wasn't from blitzing. It wasn't a dB or a cornerback. It wasn't Todd having to dial up some crazy blitzes to get pressure. Yeah, yeah, I got one. Kaleidjah got one, Anthony Nelson got one.
Speaker 3: Did Logan Hall have one?
Speaker 2: I think Logan Hall had one.
Speaker 3: Brus and braswell, and he and he was so Braswell was so close a number of times, and he finally got it, the.
Speaker 2: One where he got the sack and the strip. I watch, I just happened to see him. I watch him on both of those plays, the one right before it and that one, and they looked almost identical. The way he took on the tackle, the way he got around him a little bit on the edge and powered through. They this they looked like an instant replay of each other, except he just got there just in time on the second one. First one, maybe the maybe the ball was held just a little too long. So thanks for the coverage, but sure, Yeah, those are good. It's good to see some production from him. And when you think about that game, think about the rookies. Bucky has one hundred nine yards for scrimmage. Yeah, Jalen McMillan catches two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Boy, he's hot, all of a sudden six and four.
Speaker 2: Graham Barton, I haven't seen grades, but I gotta believe if you have five hundred and fifty one.
Speaker 3: Yards, you're doing something right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh braswell with the sack Devin Culp the tight end, he gets his first shot to play and and you had a nice game. He was drafted even though like he caught I think eighteen passes in his last season at Washington, so you're like, what's going on here? But they liked his He's fast for a tight end, he's still big. He's big and he's athletic, and so they thought he could make some explosive plays. And his first two catchers were twenty six and seventeen yards, So it's kind of proof of concept right there. Anyway, that's a lot. Oh, I didn't mean Tyke Smith. I can't remember any specific big plays, but he played like ninety five percent snaps in the slot. So it was a lot of contributions from your rookies. And if Todd Bowles was with us in this conversation, he would say, well, they're not rookies anymore. No, by the end of your first year, you're not really a rookie.
Speaker 3: No. But the fact of the matter is how much they've had to play. I think it's accelerated their talents, or at least it has shown their team. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, absolutely, throw them into the fire and they go through some lumps, probably, but for the end.
Speaker 3: Which gets you excited for not only this year, but a few years down the road because you have all these guys underneath rookie contracts and you can afford to have them.
Speaker 2: So have you heard recent Just just last night, I think it was I heard talk of people saying, shouldn't Sam Donald be included in the MVP conversation?
Speaker 3: I would think I would say so.
Speaker 2: And and one person in particular, I think this was on a podcast, said, set aside any preconceived notion you have for Sam Donald and and and just look at what he's done and you're out again and he and just don't think about the fact that you think he was a bust and this is a fluke. Just look at what he's done this year. So let me read you these numbers here, seventy one point seven percent completion rate, four and seventy nine yards passing, thirty nine touchdowns, a passer rating of one oh seven point six. I mean, should that get Sam Donald in the MVP conversation?
Speaker 3: I would I would say, yes, Well.
Speaker 2: Those aren't Sam Donald's numbers. Whose are they Baker Mayfield? Of course they are Baker Mayfield. The thirty nine touchdowns should have thrown you off. Baker is I'm not saying Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 3: Is the end? Would it be because of wins and losses?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but we are. It's we're probably gonna make there's a good chance we make the playoffs, and you know, and we'll be a division winner. So I don't think that would ding Baker too much. Baker has a better passer rating than Donald, more yards than Donald, more touchdowns than Donald, a better completion percentage than Donald, and Sam Donald's been great. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 3: I think I think you would have a better argument if it was last year, because Baker did so well last year that it's you kind of because he did so well and then got a big contract where Donald is was a backup, backup the third basically.
Speaker 2: Then call him the comeback player of the Year.
Speaker 3: No, I like what you're saying.
Speaker 2: The only point I'm trying to make is I don't think anybody seriously thinks Sam Donald's MVP. It's it seems like it's been Josh Allens the lou for a while.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Lamar Jackson's coming on so strong that there could be some split vote there, but I would imagine it'll be one of those two. But if you're gonna start talking and saying forget about what your preconceived notions were of Sam Darnold and just look at what he's done, then you have to do the same thing with Baker.
Speaker 3: You have to.
Speaker 2: And Baker's numbers are actually better than Sam Donald's. And you said we'll look at the win lost record, Well, just by the numbers. Look at Minnesot's defense. Minnisot's defense has been very good. The Bucks defense, and partially because of injuries, has really been up and down. It was pretty good this past week. It wasn't great in Dallas. It's had some good games. Has had to work through a lot of injuries, especially in the secondary, and that's.
Speaker 3: Not easy gig play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've had that at times. We've had third down issues. Not last week. So and I can't keep us on one train. I mean, it's like every time we come to a fourk in the track because I go another way. But I just wanted to say real quick that the Buccaneers run defense is back to being the best in the league. It's not the best in the league. It's not number one right now because it didn't you know, we were kind of languishing in the middle. But the last three games and really overall since coming out of the by but the last three games, the Buccaneers have given up less than forty rushing yards to three straight teams. That's only been done one other time by Baltimore in something like two thousand and six. I mean, that's pretty impressive, very impressive. So the run defense has been fantastic. Anyway, going back Baker Mayfield, maybe you know, Baker Mayfield has done this with out Chris Godwin for the better part of the season and has done it with guys you wouldn't have expected at the beginning of the season, like Ryan Miller he had some catches in the last game, or Kim Jarrett, Devin Culp, Payne Durham. These are not household names. No Sterling Shepard before he got hurt. You know, Minnesota right off the bat starts with Justin Jefferson, probably the best receiver in the league, Dan Adison, who's really good, and TJ. Hockinson. I mean, that's where you're starting, be sure.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: I maybe you could say, and I probably would, that our offensive line is better than theirs. I think that's one of the hidden secrets of the NFL, because people reflexively and for good reasons, say Detroit has the best offensive line, and Philadelphia has a great offensive line, and the Chargers have are the makings the beginnings of great offensive line. I don't hear that about the Bucks much, but I think the Bucks offensive line is probably top five, if not top three, in the NFL right now.
Speaker 3: It has certainly improved over the last year.
Speaker 2: You're getting all pro level play from Tristan Morrison left Tuckle.
Speaker 3: You're getting which, by the way, whenever they throw a flag on Tristan, I just want to say, you don't believe put that in your pocket. There's no way he did that Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: Level play from everybody I've heard from on the inside, from Luke Ketticky massively improved play in his second year, from Cody Mauk at right guard, and the rookie center Graham Barton already looks like one of the better centers in the league. And Ben Bredeson has been good as well. But the rest of those guys are all homegrown, and I just think it's probably and maybe it's good, you know, stay under the radar as much as possible. And I thought the Bucks offensive line is having any.
Speaker 3: Proper to the coach. The offensive line coaches that Vin. They came in this year, and whenever the old linemen are talking, they're always talking about how they like the different schemes. Yeah, there's different you know, polls, there's they it's it's just not I don't know if it was vanilla before or not, but however it's being taught or changed, they like how it the way it is great.
Speaker 2: I don't know what we did the year before Canalis, but under Canals we did mostly mid and wide zone, and I would say the majority of our plays now, our gap scheme plays, which is like the one I was describing with Bucky Irving before. It often has a pulling guard and it really kind of defines the running lane for the running back. In mid and wide zone, you have to decide when to cut up field. You're kind of going to horizontal and then you know the linemen are moving and it's zone blocking. The where the gap stuff, I think is what has produced are most of our big plays. They they tend to for Bucky. They tend to create a pretty good lane for him that he hits really fast and often though there's gonna be a one free defender in that lane, and that's the guy that Bucky has to make miss to get the explosive plays, and he's very So it's really the scheme has worked out and it's been multiple as Liam Cohen said it would be when he got here in the off season. He says, we're gonna do a lot of different things. We're not just gonna be a zone team. We're not just gonna be a gap screen team or a duo team. We're gonna use a lot and apparently I'm not an expert on this, but in the Dallas game, which we I also had good rushing yards, it was a lot more of man to man blocking, which I think has something to do with the presence of Michael Parsons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what are the comments that I kept hearing after this game and it's and it's been kind of a pattern throughout this season, is how much fun this offense is to watch. Yeah, no matter what, no matter how the outcome of the game is, it's a fun team to watch.
Speaker 2: I think my favorite part about it is my favorite thing that a play caller does is continue to build on what you've done before and do something that looks on something you've put on tape before, but it turns out to be something different. I think Liam from a game to game basis, is masterful at that that That's.
Speaker 3: What the old line guys were saying, is that it looks you there's you look at it and you think it's going to be this play and Okay, we're ready to go, and there's a different variation to it, and it's and it's and it's working and you have to be on your toes. It's it's making defenses try to figure out what you're doing, and they're now guessing what they think it is rather than they know what it is.
Speaker 2: I love it when it plays on a tendency that you you have had and that the defense will truly have picked up on. And my example would be the first Mike Evans touchdown.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: I loved that play call. I loved the play design. It was clearly meant to look like his patented fade where he takes just a couple steps in the end zone and then it cuts out and Baker lobs it, tries to get over the defender and he catches it by the silent. He comes up and takes a little jab step out and if I were the defender, one hundred percent would have thought I got to.
Speaker 3: Stop his fade.
Speaker 2: But then he cuts back diagonally towards the middle in the back of the end zone and gets wide open because of what that defender was expecting. I loved that call, and I think I've seen that kind of thing from Liam Cohen a lot.
Speaker 3: This season of Mike Evans. We haven't even talked. I know, we haven't even got into Mike, which is kind of crazy where that's how much happened in that game. Well, that's what I'm saying, which is crazy because you always start a buccaneer game and you say Mike Evan, Yes, I mean, that's just what you do. And we haven't even where forty four minutes are now forty five minutes into this podcast, and we did not bring Mike Evans up until now, and so should we talk about him now? I think this is a good time to bring it up. We got eighty four yards.
Speaker 2: And he's eighty five more yards to get to one thousand.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: I know it wouldn't have been the sporting thing to do, but when we were up so big in the fourth quarter, I was thinking throw. I was just like, just throw every past to Mike. Just throw them, throw them little quick hitches and you know, maybe you get five yards, maybe he spins out of a tackle and gets fifteen, but every little bit'll help heading until it now.
Speaker 3: There is definitely a respect factor going on between Todd and Dave Canalis, and I will say my thinking is the game is totally out of control. We bring in our some backups and Dave Canalis tip of the hat, buddy, you did not call timeouts. I have seen it so many times where the coach is calling timeouts and you're going, this game really can't win your why are you calling? All you're doing is what are you doing? And so props to Dave Canalis of saying, you guys kicked us no timeouts.
Speaker 2: When we got that ball back for the last time after they failed on fourth down. It was eleven straight run plays if you count the three kneel downs at the end, and you could have kicked a field goal to score there. Yeah, because another touchdown would have tied our most points in the game ever from that Rams game nineteen.
Speaker 3: I think. Yeah. But see that's what that's the part. I like. That's the sportsmanship. I like where you get to that point and say.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I was just hoping that it would happen like accidentally accidentally. No no, no, no, no, that we get a touchdown, that we get another touch on like they're trying, they're selling out to stop Shan and Tucker and he.
Speaker 3: Breaks I see, I see, I see, it's a run play. It's it's just breaks free. They might as well go to well, sure, yeah, if that's the case, then you do. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think we could have looked classy throwing the ball five straight times to Mike.
Speaker 3: And Mike would not want the record that way. I don't know about that really.
Speaker 2: If I were Mike, I'd take it. Nobody's going to remember five years from now that in the second to last game of the eleventh season in that street.
Speaker 3: But everybody remembers Michael Strahan getting the record breaking, That's true. Everybody remembers Brett Favre flopping like a fish, which he did.
Speaker 2: He did, didn't somebody, Well, somebody got mad. Oh, oh, it was guessing, right, didn't guess? No, see Farv recently and yell at him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was his record.
Speaker 2: So Mark Gestino of the Jets had the record until Michael Strahan broke it. And on the very last one in Green Bay, it really Brett Favre takes the ball and starts running towards around the end and as Michael Strand's coming up, he just slides to a stop so that all Michael has to do is touch him, and it's considered a sack. And uh, you know, I don't know if he'll ever admit that he did that on purpose. I don't know if he has, but it was pretty clear.
Speaker 3: So that's why I don't think Mike would want that. That is a little bit different. Well, no, I understand that.
Speaker 2: The oppositions not trying to help you get there, And no, that would be cool if you know, they call a time out and Dave Canos comes over to Todd and says, just strot to Micro, let him run the rest of the way.
Speaker 3: We're going to give you one play, but it has to be to Mic.
Speaker 2: Now, that would probably not be good for Dave Canals's job.
Speaker 3: Todd was talking about, you know, everyone's aware, and Todd Todd Bowles was talking about it on his radio show about everybody aware Mike Evans, but they can't just focus their game plan on that, and would they like to see Mike get it? Yes, But more importantly, they want to win the game, so they're going to call the plays that they think that they can score touchdowns with and to win the game.
Speaker 2: The only thing I would say is so needs eighty five right, let's say.
Speaker 3: Well that's what you say. Yes, I don't, I don't it is I was trying to figure out the math before.
Speaker 2: But he has nine hundred and fifteen, so he needs eighty five more Okay, Just there's no way anybody's listening doesn't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, just he has clarify. I always remember that because you know the answer, your audience may not know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but our audience pretty presumably would all be pretty big bucks fans, right, Okay. Mike Evans, drafted in twenty fourteen, has surpassed one thousand receiving yards in each of his first ten seasons, which is already a record by a long shot, because the previous was six for most such seasons to begin a player's career, and Jerry Rice has the most overall at fourteen. But Jerry Rice also has the most in a row at any point in the career at eleven. So Mike would tie Jerry Rice for the most consecutive thousand year receiving seasons in NFL history, which.
Speaker 3: Is really cool, very cool.
Speaker 2: That would be great, and everybody wants him to get him what. I agree with what you're saying and what coach said. It can't be the primary goal, but what if it was. It's the fourth quarter and cross your fingers, knocking on wood. We're beaten New Orleans by double digits at this point, which would be great, and I say, he just throw to Mic. Yeah, and he's got seventy six yards and he needs a Now you make a point of calling a play or two for him, right, Well, it's.
Speaker 3: Kind of like Tom Brady making sure that Gronk got his million dollar bonus on a catch. Right, Remember that he made sure he made sure he got it.
Speaker 2: So remember the one where Mike caught the pass to put him over a thousand. But I got hurt on the play, or maybe it was got hurt on the next player or something, and had and it was against the land I think, And he missed the second half but.
Speaker 3: Still had the records. He had just gotten it. Yeah, I was. I kind of thought he was going to have a big game against the Panthers. I think that had the score not gotten so far ahead, he probably he probably would have had more catches. But at that point, what are you going to do? You just kind of go with it. So now we're down to the last game of the season. Eighty five yards and if he's going to be counting.
Speaker 2: And he extended his record streak of eleven straight seasons to start a career with sixty plus catches, he has now at one hundred and five touchdown receptions, which is getting him close. He's in ninth place all time, and he's getting close to Tony Gonzalez in eighth place.
Speaker 3: Uhw Yeah, it's I.
Speaker 2: Mean it's funny if you look at our all time receiving chart and you see you look down the touchdown comb you see Mike with one o five. I think the next three players on the list add up to about one oh five. I mean, he's so far He's lapped the field like three times.
Speaker 3: Wow. I you know what Mike's been around. I mean we've been with Mike since he's been here, of course obviously, but what he does is just so much. It's I don't want to say it's not impressive, because it's very very impressive, but it is so Mike like that you you kind of get immune to it. Yeah, I mean he makes this almost had that one handed catch.
Speaker 2: I know he well, what happened is he was turning around, didn't know the ball was already on the way, and so all he could do was get one hand out there, and.
Speaker 3: He did a great job of almost getting it, which would have been awesome.
Speaker 2: You know, I have two plays that I want to talk about.
Speaker 3: Mike.
Speaker 2: So on the one drive that didn't work near the end of the first half, it's like third and nineteen or something like that. Baker's under duress, he's scrambling, he's scrambling forward, and he knows he needs to get rid of the ball pretty quick, and so he sees Devin Colp kind of open in front of him and gets it to him real quick. And then Devin's tackle three yards shorts, so we have to punt. Mike Evans was so open on them play it wasn't even funny. And it's not Baker's fault.
Speaker 3: He had to get rid of all.
Speaker 2: Had he managed a glimpse, Mike, he could have just lobbed it. It would have been about a twenty yard pass. I think Mike go's sixty yards. There's nobody in the picture. He's all I don't know how he gets all alone like that. He's all alone. And so if that had happened, he'd have like fifty more yards right now. Wow, I'm not blaming Baker. No, no, I'm not saying you should have seen him, had seen.
Speaker 3: You know they're looking at that tape and you know they're rasing them. You know, hit me what you missed.
Speaker 2: And then on Payne Durham's thirty one yard catch that on the first drive that set up Mike's touchdown, did you see the freaking personnel formation on that play. Let me describe who was on the field.
Speaker 3: Let's see who's on the field.
Speaker 2: I mean the offensive lineman in the quarterback, but the five other guys split out in the backfield. It didn't mean split out in the backfield was Jaylen McMillan, Jayleen mill Is behind Baker in the backfield split out wide to the left was uh Rashod White. In the slot to the left was Devin was Coke Keeft and out wide to the right was Devin Culp and Payne Durham was in line was the in line tied end and he's the one who there getting the ball. What a crazy combination player. If you look at that, there's no way the defense Stills was coming at that point. There you go, and they probably because they saw so you know how it works when when you have coaches that are designated to watch the other team substituting players, and if they throw in this package of players and this man receivers, then you counter with this package right. So the Buccaneers, I just said, they had three tight ends on the field, and so that's probably gonna the other team is likely to do it, and they're not. They come into the huddle, right, they're information the other team is going to probably counter with a bigger formation and not an extra dB or anything. And and then you come out of this with one tight end who never catches the ball out in the slot, another one who's just had his first couple careers or hasn't had yet his first couple of career receptions out wide, a wide receiver in the backfield, and a running back split out wide. I mean, that's crazy, That's what we were talking about. They don't There's so many combinations he's got going and definitely using all the personnel, which I think thing makes which is fun because it makes everyone realize that they have to do their job. They're not you know, they're just not there.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. It's not the same guys over and over again. So if you're a backup, you you better be prepared because you could go in at any time. And I like that. I think that's what's making this team fun.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things that are making fun, you know what. It was actually pretty enjoyable too. In that game is weirdly like in the first quarter, we kept getting unexpectedly good news from the referees. Yeah, like there'd be a flag thrown and in this scenario where you think it's gonna be like holding, right, and then they come and go, it's hands the face on defensive or then there is no foul on the play because it was a run. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always I always when they throw the flag and then they say there was no foul, I always go, why did you throw it? And then I guess because they may not have seen the reason why, Yeah, it's not a penalty.
Speaker 2: One of the other refs doesn't wait because the second one is talking about there was a little swing past a Bucky, but the pass actually went backward, so that's technically a pitch and it's it's a run.
Speaker 3: Right, And Baker was Baker was He was up at the referee going.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was no, Yeah, he was telling him something. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that's what he was, but that's what he was telling him.
Speaker 2: And and so what they would have called I think it was a defensive holding or downfield. You can't get that if it's a running play. So it was offensive holding, offensive holding, yeah, or illegal content right because somebody was already blocking downfield. I think it was Ryan Miller was already blocking down field. But you can do that on a running play. So that was pretty good. There was like four times when the refs when a flag was shown and I thought it was gonna be bad news for us, and then it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a much cleaner game. How many penalties did we have the whole game? I thought it was okay, so and they had four and the Dallas game we had a lot more than five, I believe. Yeah, So that's the good news of cleaning that up and that, you know, that seems to be the story line of this year is if the Buccaneers don't beat themselves, they have a good chance of beating anybody. And Todd's been preaching that all season long. Self inflicted wounds, you know, off sides holding, where you're backing up ten yards, it's hard to keep getting first downs. It kills the drives. So that was that's a that's a plus.
Speaker 2: I liked when we when we got knocked back by a sack and a penalty, because you're just talking about that, right, like one holding penalty often ends up killing.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah.
Speaker 2: But we had a holding penalty and a sack and we're in second and twenty eight and Baker converted it on two throws. One of them was Jadevian Clowney jumped off side and the flag landed and Baker knew he had a free play, so we decided to rip it downfield and he hit Ryan Miller for like twenty three yards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, deaths. Yeah that you don't have a whole lot of third down and twenty three plays in your book, So.
Speaker 2: No, it was it was second and twenty eight. Yeah, and then twenty three yard play allowed them to put him in good position to convert. And we converted ten of our fourteen third downs in that game, and really ten to thirteen because the third the last one was just a kneel down that happened to be a third down.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That was a good game all the way across the board. And now now it's Yeah, since the bye week, it's just felt like and it has been playoff week, playoff week, playoff week. You got one more game to go ahead and secure the NFC South. What's at our fifth one fourth? One fourth in a row, fourth in a row.
Speaker 2: It would be kind of cool if we did it with a win over New Orleans because before these potential four in a row for us, they had won the previous four. Remember last year down to Carolina, same exact situation. New Orleans was playing Atlanta and we were playing Carolina. And if we lost in New Orleans one and New Orleans did end up winning pretty big, they would have won the division and we barely escaped with that nine to zero win, Right, So don't take anything for granted, and let me throw out this not so great note. Saints. On one hand, they're coming in here, a lot of guys got hurt. I kind of limp it in, right, But well, I'll get.
Speaker 3: To the buttons coming back or a possibility that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not where I was going with that. But Alvin Kamara and Chris l Lovey both want to play. Tomorrow's missed the last three or four of the grun injury and come and Lobby's been out since a kind of scary concussion, yeah, seven games ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Carr could come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I would bet he doesn't but could be wrong. But they've lost four of their five since they came out of their bye week, and they have not scored more. Their scores are fourteen, fourteen, nineteen zero and ten. I mean, you can't really blame I haven't even got to the note I'm trying to get to yet, but it's hard to blame him when they're missing Derek Carr, Rashid Shaheed, Taysom Hill, Chris o'lave one other I can't oh, and Alvin Kamara.
Speaker 3: And by the way, they did a head coaching change early in the season, so that doesn't That never helps the team.
Speaker 2: Out, usually helps you for one or two weeks. I don't you know they won their first game under Rizzy the first two.
Speaker 3: I never understand why you get why you decide to move on a coach during the season. I I don't understand why just let it. I mean, are you getting a head start on talking to somebody.
Speaker 2: No, you can if it's a guy that's not currently a head coach, like example.
Speaker 3: But okay, so the Jets got rid of a head coach, rams or Saints moved on from their head coach, Chicago moved on from their head coach. There's been no high no one's hired.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they're not going to hire till after the season.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But they could still talk to some people if they're not currently head coaches, like Pete Carroll, like Rabel. But I don't think that's the main reason. Most of the time. I think it's you know, it's just the you know you're not you're going to fire the coach at the end of the year, and just things have turned so bad. Well, I mean, we need something to maybe give this team a new direction. Like the Saints. I mean, I think that Dennis Allen had lost that locker room.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, well then that's the gates. Then I gets.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's always the right move, but I don't think it's necessarily a terrible move anyway. That what I'm trying to get to is you look at a Saints team that's kind of limp it to the end, largely because of injuries, and you think, okay, well, that's a game the Bucks should win. You want to hear the stats, you want to hear the scores of the last five games of the last six times I should say that the Saints have come to Raymond James Dace.
Speaker 3: I think they're five and one right now at Raymond James Stadium.
Speaker 2: In the last six years of five and one trying to go there.
Speaker 3: I want to read you the scores.
Speaker 2: Which of the last the last six times that New Orleans has come to Raymond James steem and remember most of that time the Bucks have been pretty good. Yeah, So the last six going in reverse chronological order. So starting in twenty twenty three, Saints win twenty three to thirteen. That's our only loss in the last five weeks of that season, by the way, right all right. In twenty twenty two, the Bucks did win, but only seventeen to sixteen. In twenty twenty one, Bucks lose nine to zero, and that was a really good Bucks team.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty, Bucks lose thirty eight to three. That's the Super Bowl winning team. In twenty nineteen, Bucks lose thirty four to seventeen. In twenty eighteen, Bucks lose twenty eight to fourteen. Those are the last six times that the Saints have come to Raymond James.
Speaker 3: Daum, that's not good.
Speaker 2: You have a one win and it was a one point win and most of the others were blowouts, wow, or just embarrassing games like that nine to NONHS.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's a division rivalry game, so you just shoot it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't take anything for granted. This would be my main point.
Speaker 3: Here, which is really crazy because right now I looked at it yesterday. We were discussing this in the communication department. Right now, the bucks I think are fourteen point favorites, which is kind of scary. That's that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't understand that line at all. I don't know much about betting.
Speaker 3: Well I don't either, But I'm just saying is that I always kind of look at that just for curiosity sakes, but for whatever reason, let me see what it is today, see if I can find it.
Speaker 2: Do you want to hear the pun that my sister just sent me on It's her husband's name, Mike, she says, Ever since Mike and I got our waterbed, it feels like we are drifting apart.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's pretty good. That's hope they ride the wave. Let's see right now. Oh, thirteen point favorites right now, that's too high. I think it is too Yeah, I think it is too.
Speaker 2: We were only like eight and a half point favorite Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Atlanta is eight points favored over over the Panthers, So Panthers are going to give me a big upset? There. You did say you have been saying that. I don't know why I feel that way?
Speaker 2: How have your feelings gone this season?
Speaker 3: Not? Well?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Rams are or rather the Seahawks are favored in alright, I'm yeah, they're Seahawks are favored? Are five point favorites? Really over the Rams?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: What Yeah, it's some of the flattle minus five so that can't be right. Well, I'm looking at it.
Speaker 2: It's at l A too, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do they know any change?
Speaker 2: You're reading that wrong?
Speaker 3: Well, if you're if if if, if your team is a minus minus five, that means yeah you you you're favored by five, you're favored by five? Yeah, and if we I haven't.
Speaker 2: The only reason I look at batting lines each week is that that's one of the things included in my long game preview. So I hadn't looked at it yet, so I always always end.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's crazy as the Ravens are seventeen and a half point favorites over the Browns. That one makes sense to me. You say that you're gonna go Yeah, that's about right.
Speaker 2: So you were talking to Atlanta, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well Atlanta is uh no Rams Rams, Yeah, the Rams.
Speaker 2: Well this one says Seattle by three. Why do they think the Rams are gonna.
Speaker 3: Potentially say starters?
Speaker 2: Maybe they they could be either the three or the four seed. So they're already in and they can't win. That's what it is to lose.
Speaker 3: The division, right, and this is it. You're hitting the nail on the head because the Chiefs over the Broncos. Right now, Denver is nine and a half point favorites against the Chiefs. Wow, that's because the Chiefs are the number one seed, locked it up and they're probably gonna sit everybody. Wow. I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: I know I kind of wish I could gamble on games because it feels like easy money.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, yeah, I mean that's kind of I mean, seriously, that is that. I find it interesting when you get into the last week.
Speaker 2: You know, I wonder, I wonder if these lines change dramatically at the end of the week, because there could be more information and if the Rams said we're playing our stars. The Lions played all their starters if if the Rams, if McVeigh comes out at the end of the week, it says we're going to play all our starters.
Speaker 3: The line changes with the money, but they.
Speaker 2: Also if there's something big shift, like if if Patrick Mahomes you know, broke his leg gets sorry to share that speak the world during during practice one week the Vegas who I don't know who, the book makers, they would they would immediately move that line. But you're right, yes, if there's a lot of betting on one side, then that the money, which means.
Speaker 3: The house sets the house sets the line. The money moves a lot.
Speaker 2: See this is a good reason. I mean it's good that I can't.
Speaker 3: No, I don't either.
Speaker 2: I would be I think I would be terrible at it. I think it's confusing, Yes, but it sounds like if you wanted to bet the Rams, you should do it now right, Uh, while you have that three point or wherever you're looking at five this one, this one's a Seattle by three.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and it also depends on what this is where it gets crazy too. It also depends on what sports book you're okay, right, you know, all the different ones.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking on the CBS Sports I don't know which.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which one. I was looking at ESPN. But you know, you can go to draft.
Speaker 2: Looks like they use something called sports line. I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there are tons of them. They're everywhere. It's just the world we live right now. All right, you got more on that cheet of paper.
Speaker 2: I mean, how long have we gone?
Speaker 3: An hour and seven minutes, So we need to wrap up pretty soon, right well, up to you what you got we you know you've got and stuff. I'm not I'm not cutting you off. You know, people want to know, Scott. I.
Speaker 2: I have just various notes here that we maybe haven't hit yet.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 2: I have continued to not watch Chase's field goals. Remember I was talking about that a week or two ago. There's no good reason for it. He makes them, all right, But I a couple of weeks ago, I just I just started getting uneasy because I'm thinking, I guess it's just the thought that he's got to miss eventually, and I hope it's not at a key moment he doesn't have to miss eventually. By the way, I don't think he's missed from inside fifty this year. Yes, I'm not going. We decided before we could talk about the kicker during the week, just not during the game. And it hasn't messed anything up yet, you and I. Yes, uh so I so I've just decided. Now since I'm not watching, he keeps making them, I have to I have to keep not watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: So now I'm doing it for superstitious reasons.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but in case it works, you know, don't watch. So what do you do? Put your head down, turn around?
Speaker 2: No, I just look away.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just look away.
Speaker 2: I mean the couple of weeks ago in Los Angeles, I was kind of shielding my eyes and then you just listen. It's easy at home because they'll set off the cannons. Even if the crowd doesn't have a big sure reaction, they'll set off the cannons.
Speaker 3: So then you know, yeah, yeah, you can you anymore? You just don't know.
Speaker 2: But I think I have a new favorite trick play that's not a not a crazy trick play.
Speaker 3: But one that choosed not relatively often.
Speaker 2: But you know it right away what it is because I used to say you should run the flea flicker a couple times a year because it usually works. I feel like the flea flicker is hardly working anymore. I think it's fooling anybody. The hooking ladder. Did you see Detroit hooking ladder?
Speaker 3: No? I heard. It was crazy, It was crazy, was fantastic. Was at the end of the game, I remember, But it was a big touchdown. I remember that.
Speaker 2: If anybody doesn't know what the hooker and ladder is one pass catcher, I think this might have been a tight end in this case runs that's the hook part. He runs like a hook route, which is just run up a little bit and turn around and come back right and uh, and he catches the ball. But the timing is another receiver. In this case, the very fast James and Williams is cutting across the field and as soon as the guy who caught the ball first catches it, he then pitches it back to that in the first quarter running in front of him. Yes, it was well played, and that's a pretty famous uh. I think there was a hook a famous hooking ladder in that Miami was a Miami Raiders game. That's really famous for him.
Speaker 3: I always when I when I hear hook and ladder. I always think about it. It's near the end of the game. It's at the end of the game and you're trying to it's the last play of the game. That's when you when you said it that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's not much subterfuge for the people expecting you to do something weird then.
Speaker 3: But I did watch that. That was really well played.
Speaker 2: Now that's my new play that I wish we would use, all right, like once or twice this season.
Speaker 3: If I see Land going in the yeah, if you can room, I'll bring it up. Hey, if you haven't thought about this.
Speaker 2: I think we've seen that. He's got plenty of plays in his playbook. I don't think he needs anymore.
Speaker 3: Hey, you got a napkin, let me show you something here. We uh.
Speaker 2: We are now at fifty conversion rate on third downsand offense, which is phenmenal. It's tied with the Chiefs for the best. It's kind of cool. It's exactly one hundred two hundred unless we have a absolutely disastrous game in that regard. Next Sunday, we're going to break the team record for that. We also had forty one minutes and eleven seconds time of possession in that win over Carolina.
Speaker 3: That was time of possession was crazy. That whole game that's in starting in the first quarter, it was nuts.
Speaker 2: That's what happens when you're when you're drive scoring drives are seventy yards, seventy five yards, forty five yards, eighty one yards, sixty four yards, ninety four yards, and eighty five yards. Just that's when you one sustained drive.
Speaker 3: After another, that's when you know things are going your way.
Speaker 2: And because of that, the Buccaneers are now at the season time of possession is thirty one minutes and fifty nine seconds, so just under thirty two minutes, and that ranks tiede for second. And that's to me, that's the result of this running game, you know, because you and you have these sustained drives, because you're you're and also because I just mentioned our third down percentage. To me, what's important is the is the medium range third downs where we're excelling this year. If you're talking one to three, you expect to make almost all those, and if you're talking eight to ten, history is suggests you're not gonna have a very rate. It's the ones, the ones in the middle. I think that swing the balance and it's like when you need four to six yards, And that's where I think we've been.
Speaker 3: Really good this year. The numbers and again and again.
Speaker 2: That's uh that goes obviously to Baker, but also the Liam Cohen. Yeah, I'm actually going to tell you the numbers. In this last game. We were four for four in the four to six range in the season, where sixty two point seven percent success rate in the four to six range, which is almost as good as our one to three. That's that's really, really, really.
Speaker 3: Good, which falls back into the offensive line playing well, playing play calling going well, Baker may execution, Baker playing well, all of those things coming together at the right time.
Speaker 2: Since it's you know, we haven't even we haven't even oh one other thing. Did they take away the part of the rule on past interference where the ball is uncatchable because there was a playing in the game last night where the ball was easily twenty.
Speaker 3: Yards past everybody. No, I don't think it's been taken away. Nobody recalls it anymore.
Speaker 2: Nobody ever invokes the passes uncutchable, and sometimes we complain when it goes against us. Come on that wasn't catchable, but the accounter argument would be, well, it looked like it wasn't uncutchable because the interference kept the receiver.
Speaker 3: From from getting spot he was supposed to be there.
Speaker 2: Not on this one, dude, this ball landed like twenty yards past where the thing happened. I'm like, how is that pastor interference? How is that that's not catchable in any universe?
Speaker 3: Right? And you're you're looking at it as a fan asking that question, not as as one of your team. It wasn't your team there. So speaking of night games, I mean, so we win our game, when did we talk about night games? Just now?
Speaker 2: I said, last night's game? Oh okay, but it was Saturday night after we got home from our big win and we're watching at Land in Washington.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I did you stay up?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, me too. I liked well because it was our season on the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked that Todd went to bed and so did Bucky.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but they both get up very early in the morning.
Speaker 3: But the other side of the coin we had when when Todd said that, a few people were like, well, you know it is And I'm thinking, you know, I kind of like that because he's not worried about a game he can't control. He's worried about his team.
Speaker 2: So well, I knew I couldn't control it, but I wanted to know what happened to you.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah. Well my thinking was I was going to go to bed, and I got to the half and I was like, oh, yeah, maybe I'll go to bed. And then I thought, well, you know, I'll wait to the third quarter. And I'm glad I didn't because I ended up on the on the phone with Gene because a flight delays out of Tampa and he couldn't catch his connection and tell Ahassie. So I was rebooking flights and some other stuff. So I'm sitting there going, thank god, I didn't go to bed, but I stayed up and watched that game, and then when Washington scored, I'm going perfect. You know, I was disappointed they didn't get the touchdown. They got the field goal, so I said, seven, Okay, what's the odds of Atlanta marching down when they tied on fourth down? Yeah, and they got that touchdown. I was like, now I'm going to go to bed angry and I and that was the whole reason. I was thinking about going to bed without knowing because I would sleep good. But then at the end when they did kick the field gold, when they showed that camera shot, did you think.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for you to be done? Because that's what I wanted to talk about that. Did you see that? I saw a video somewhere of a gathering of Atlanta fans.
Speaker 3: At a bar. Yeah, I heard about that. And they didn't they.
Speaker 2: Didn't realize it didn't go in. They're all screaming and jumping up and down. It took like a good ten seconds for them to realize the ball didn't go in. So when I was watching, they were showing the end, the view from behind the end zone, and he kicks it. I'm like, well that's good. Yeah, it was dead on and then it just like a dying quail. It's just like a duck, like like a duck.
Speaker 3: It was a dead duck. Duck, yeah, wounded duck, like a wounded duck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it landed. It lands on the ends, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Holy cow, that's our that's our duck. Luck going.
Speaker 2: And Rahiem took some heat for his not calling a time out shortly before that, which could have given them a chance to get.
Speaker 3: A little closer or fumble the ball or off.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I know, I'm just aking heat for it. And he has said in retrospect maybe I should have. I mean, I like when coaches say that.
Speaker 3: Sure. Well, he also didn't go for two to win the game.
Speaker 2: Which is also understandable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we but Todd took heat for not going for to win a game. That's true. So anyway, Yeah, that game, I I'm not kidding. I'm glad.
Speaker 2: Giselle was in the bathroom and talking to our niece, whose husband is a Giant Bucks fan, and I screamed so much during that game that I gave myself a headache. And Gesel told me this morning, She's like, yeah, I was talking to Andrew and I said, our things going in your house. He was probably screaming at the TV too.
Speaker 3: Is the Christmas tree still up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We did?
Speaker 2: We we We did have have a Carolina one that we had made. Do you got a New Orleans I don't yet, but we'll try to rectify that.
Speaker 3: Okay, just all gonna make one.
Speaker 2: I think we can get a little helmet and take it off of one of them, and you know. Yeah, yeah, so that's the plan. Okay, hasn't she did? She got it done against Carolina.
Speaker 3: Right, let's see how long you leave your tree up? For longer than we should Okay, out of laziness.
Speaker 2: Part of the problem is we didn't put it up until like two days before Christmas.
Speaker 3: I want to get you. I'm all about that anyway, So that's fine.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's still the holidays. I mean, I can getting criticized on like January fifth, but yeah, not January.
Speaker 3: Well, actually, I think uh is it the Greek huh Callen is the seventh of January, the Epiphany. I believe it's in on the which is considered part of the holiday tradition. I did. I am trying to remember. But anyways, it is New Year's Eve. So do you do you have any resolutions table that? Because we have a question from a fan. Oh okay, well listen, we're at one twenty all right, so maybe we should just go do questions. And I don't know if we're going to really get a player now because we're so long into this.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see. All I have an idea of something i'd like. The last thing I'll say is then in my radio camera Johnson was active again for the first time in a long time. Yes, And in my radio interview with your guys before the game, I suggested that he could get like the end around that they'd been giving a star on a shepherd and.
Speaker 3: Look at you knowing your players all right, So you.
Speaker 2: Want to have a fans question.
Speaker 3: Let's do fan question you want. I'm trying to get to them. Oh okay, I thought you had it lit up there.
Speaker 2: So last Tuesday would have been Christmas Eve? Anything after that. Yeah, we got this one from Eileen. Okay, now the same Eileen Figueroa who always signs her thing Grandma and Liam Ohlas salty dogs. I hope both are doing well.
Speaker 3: What a game.
Speaker 2: My grandson Liam and I were so excited about the win and the commander's winning last night. Just to confirm, did Colpe get a fine for throwing the ball?
Speaker 3: She means into the standards stands.
Speaker 2: I guess it's okay to hand over the ball, but not to throw it.
Speaker 3: That was our thoughts.
Speaker 2: Also the duck that was so funny and it brought us good luck. Jeff. We live in Tampa. We live very close to the stadium. So close we can hear the cannons going off. By the way, I'm with the group that wants salty dogs merchandise hopefully for twenty twenty five. Happy new Year to both, and May twenty twenty five be full of blessings for both. Thank you, Thank you, Ellen, Same to you and Liam.
Speaker 3: Goalie.
Speaker 2: You don't get fined for throwing the ball and stands?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Yeah you did. No, I don't think you get fined. I think you get charged for the ball.
Speaker 2: I know you can hand it to somebody. I thought you got fined for them.
Speaker 3: Oh really, I've not heard it.
Speaker 2: Well, let's find out and.
Speaker 3: Next next week we'll have to look into that. But I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm officially saying I think you do. And you're officially saying you think you who would know that equipment? Guys?
Speaker 3: You think you want to ask? Yeah, you keep going, I'm going to out text him and ask him.
Speaker 2: But the bigger part of that is the Bucks had to find a way to get that back.
Speaker 3: Yes, Tim DROCKI comes to the rescue. I think I think wasn't Baker involved in it? Two? Baker was started the negotiation or do you know what they ended up giving him. I don't know, I do not know, but that was the other thing. Todd said that Tim Giroki has his finger on everything here, which I thought was very funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, next question, Hold on, I got a shoot off a quick email.
Speaker 3: Oh, I am texting, uh our equipment. You're texting and basically saying, do players get fine for throwing the ball in the stands? So? I mean that's a good that is actually a good question. Uh. I always just thought they had to pay for the ball.
Speaker 2: I I thought it was always that you had that you got fined. They don't want you throwing the balls into the stands.
Speaker 3: Because they're afraid someone will get hurt. I could belability that could be part of it. All right.
Speaker 2: So the next one is from Colton Phipps. Efficient Remember he was the guy who emailed us like three weeks in a row and dubbed himself in the official Idaho Buccaneers ambassador. Uh huh, and also really likes it when you tell me, all right, go ahead because you want me to move on.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: But then some other dude from Idaho has been emailing us lately, so he says, dogs, let's all join together this holiday season and say grace one last time for our Lord and Savior Jayden Daniels. He says, Sarquaz, I'm flowing heavy this morning. I can't believe it's all lining perfectly, lining up perfectly for our boys to make it to the playoffs again this year. My dream this year is to see Chris Godwin come back for the Super Bowl. Long way to go, but if Alexander keeps up with marking his schedule, we got a shot. I haven't heard from Alexander in a while, No, we have not.
Speaker 3: But I did see Chris yesterday. Talk to him Godwin. Yes, wow, spirits, I actually had that and he was walking and that was great. There's no cane no, so I said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would think if there's any chance of being him being ready in a month, he would need to be walking, right.
Speaker 3: And I saw what But that's what I'm saying. I saw him and as as I walked by the training room and I went, oh, there's Chris, and then he came out and I said, oh, and there's Chris walking and he started this laugh. I said, that's a good thing. He said, yes, that's as far as that conversation. But he looked good.
Speaker 2: Colton continues by saying that trunk Oregon fan that made it onto the field Sunday was insane.
Speaker 3: That's kind of finn. I got that.
Speaker 2: I get the reference. I thought the NFL doesn't highlight when a streaker run streaker runs or flies onto the field, lol. Gene, Yeah, because the duck didn't have any clothes on. No, we did, doctor, We picture the Bucksters, Yes we did.
Speaker 3: Gene.
Speaker 2: Deckerhoff's call of the blocked punt was by far my favorite moment from the game.
Speaker 3: Iron with you you already talked about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish he would do the TV broadcast one time. That's not really how it works. But it can turn the sound down.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you can the way it is now with TVs, you can turn the sound down and you know, you hit your DVR live record and then stop it. And then you can sync the radio too, because the radio it is going to.
Speaker 2: Be because that's he's a or. I wish there was an option to swap the audio for the radio broadcast.
Speaker 3: You just kind of have to. Yeah, you have to play with it. Turn your radio station off, your app off the app or it no matter anywhere. If you do use your desktop buccaneers dot com desktop. You can stream the whole time.
Speaker 2: After another Idaho guy wrote in, I thought I should start writing in again so I don't lose the title. And that's official Idaho Buccaneers Ambassador Colton Phipps.
Speaker 3: All right, wait wait wait wait wait wait, I got an answer for I got an answer bred it's always really good. Yes, fine, Ah, I win. NFL reasons it caused a disturbance, someone could get hurt.
Speaker 2: All right, So there you love it when I'm right, I do.
Speaker 3: I do. But he didn't know if he got charged for the ball. So I asked him for both, and he doesn't know that.
Speaker 2: Wait, that would park the part I would think you would do.
Speaker 3: No, he just said, I said what I did. Do players get fine for throwing the ball in the stands or just charge for the ball? Fine? NFL reason it causes disturbance, someone gets hurt. Oh, but he didn't answer. He didn't say maybe that parts. Do they have to pay for the ball? I'm going to ask him to anyway.
Speaker 2: Brian Smith, who's written in some several times in recent weeks, says, what's up, Salty dogs, go bucks? Awesome game, and I love that Atlanta lost. Now all we got to do is win next week, which we should, and the division is ours.
Speaker 3: Love Bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh and I loved the lucky duck. They should bring the duck out on the field for every point and put a little jersey on it. Lol, have a happy new Year.
Speaker 3: Put a little leash on it. And no, they don't have to pay for the ball. Okay, they just get fined.
Speaker 2: So you were wrong both ways. You couldn't have been more wrong.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, if you're gonna do something, be consistent at it. So I am consistent, consistent, consistently wrong in this aspect.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that was it from Brian, But then he immediately sent a second one. I almost forgot my son that was excited about you reading my email is only nine.
Speaker 3: Oh well, then that's more important because what was his son's name? Again? Do we know? I don't know if he told us, I don't know. Uh, that's a great age. Being nine, you understand sports. You're all involved. He still listen to what dad tells you to do. Bomb. Also, those are important things. We don't have an age to do it.
Speaker 2: Well for the name, yeah from one of the previous emails.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's okay. Well, we'll just do a show, all right, go ahead, would just shout out to him, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: His name's probably Bucky, Okay, Daniel, his name is probably it is now he probably renamed him, Uh, Daniel de Maria. That's the Dan from Palm Harbor. I just realized I have not set our email address, which I should say at the beginning of every show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you don't. So if.
Speaker 2: You're still with us and you don't already know, you can email us at Salty Dogs at Buccaneers dot NFL dot com, and we wish you would. We like reading these emails. We try to read every single one of them if we can, if there's time. So far we've done most of them. I think, uh, you can, as Brian just did. He didn't even have a question. He just wanted to tell us a few things. You can complain. You can shoot us trivia and try to stump us or ask a question. And Daniel here says a hoy, salty Dog's only one word to describe yesterday. Yeah, so we're talking about the time. Tod Bowley, I think feels great to be back in first place in the South and control our own Destiny defense played a fantastic second half. Bucky the offense and everyone on the team played a great game. I love watching a special team's touchdown. You don't see them that much anymore. Sixty minutes away from a fourth straight MC South title, my two quick questions are, do you guys believe in New Year's resolutions? And do you guys set any goals?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: Hope you guys have a great, happy New Years. I look forward to writing again in twenty twenty five. Sincerely from your biggest fan in Palm Harbor, Florida, Daniel de Mario, also known to stand the Man Go bucks ps. Please let's get some salty dog merchandise with both your faces and the duck.
Speaker 3: Just won't go away. Well.
Speaker 2: I believe in resolutions, that they exist. I believe that people do them. Is that what you mean?
Speaker 3: I think you mean to believe? Do we believe in doing them? Oh?
Speaker 2: I it just depends on the year. If I'm going to do one yet, I haven't thought of it.
Speaker 3: You. Uh, it's probably it's the same one every year, and I never get it right. I just try to be a better person.
Speaker 2: You're going in the wrong direction every year.
Speaker 3: I try though, I really really try to have more patience all that type of stuff, but it just somehow doesn't work. But that's okay. Yeah, health happiness, you know that type of stuff. Twenty twenty five. It's weird to hear twenty twenty five because just like Y two K seemed like yesterday and gosh, it's I know, crazy, that is absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: You've got you got nine and a half more hours to say twenty.
Speaker 3: Twenty Yeah, well I won't be up, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: So maybe you have six more hours.
Speaker 3: Do you stay up for the New Year? You stay up late?
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm prettyusually awake at midnight.
Speaker 3: Well usually I'm awake because I don't know when it became a tradition here in Florida that on New Year's it's so many fireworks. I just don't get that. But that's the new thing.
Speaker 2: They were going off last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they always do. They go off the day before, the day after the day. Yeah, I don't I'm with you on that. That's not sorry. I never really understand that of spending that kind of money for fireworks.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of cheap fireworks. Well, if you if you're out there, and you like shooting off fireworks in New Year's.
Speaker 3: Then that you're right. Why, yeah, well it's better than shooting off a gun up in the air, so I guess if you could, if you break it down to that, you're you're good to go.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, that's it, Jeff, that's it.
Speaker 3: I'm very good. Well, Happy New Year, see you next year. Since you did, thanks for listening. I should have said thanks for quacking.