Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's just you. Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy I'm back for Gilmore Girls Gazette. I missed you last week. We already talked about this about missing tires, but I really did miss breaking down the headline. So I'm happy I'm back.
Speaker 2: But may I said, you sound better right now, but if.
Speaker 1: It's probably because they just blew the crap out of my nose.
Speaker 2: So first of all, because right before the show, we actually jumped on a phone call and immediately I was like, oh, no, like, you don't sound good, should we not? You know, do you need to take it off like whatever? And she's like, no, no, I got it. And then I come on the screen and daniel just has a giant roll toile it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's been the month of just being sick.
Speaker 2: It's awful because when you're pregnant, are you more susceptible? Yes?
Speaker 3: And the worst part of it all is you can't take ni quill or day quill or like outside of tailanil, you got nothing and no advil.
Speaker 2: Right, it's only Thailand.
Speaker 1: All, It's only Thailand all which.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I need me some advil works way better than Taylan.
Speaker 1: I don't care who's listening and disagrees with me that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, look, I think there's certain things that tailanol probably works for, but I don't know, because it havil feels like it gets that inflammation down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a headache. It really targets the headache on advil, do you take the tail And all the thing is is that nothing hurts like it.
Speaker 3: I don't have body aches, I don't have a headache. So the last time I was sick, I had all of that. So I was taking.
Speaker 1: Knows covid I think so too every eight hours.
Speaker 3: And then this one is more just like I've been traveling a lot lately. And then we did a big road trip this past weekend for Father's Day, boy, and.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so you know what we should shop.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you did this with Easton, so forgive me if this is a repeat. Happy Father's Day, Milo, Happy Father's Day, Happy Father's.
Speaker 1: Day, Scott, God do we see? Yes, Happy Father's Day, and to all the other dads.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Scott will like me sharing this, but I got the iconic picture of Scott playing tennis yesterday. Uh huh at the club uh huh. And I go, this is so Richard Gilmore of you. But that was my response, So hopefully he doesn't care that I'm telling that. Sorry, And he looked like good. Scott looked like he was a good tennis player out there.
Speaker 1: Does Jared pad Lucy have kids?
Speaker 2: Yes, like a bunch of Happy.
Speaker 1: Father's Day, Jared padi Lucky?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wait did we? Who's the one? Who did we? Who did I miss that? You said?
Speaker 1: I said, my hello, Chad Scott, Oh my.
Speaker 2: Low, my love. First Father's Day? I think, what is Milo's first Father's Day?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm Happy Father's Day.
Speaker 2: I'm sure ed Herman has kids. So happy Father's Day to Richard Gilmour Goots is a father. Happy Father's Day to Lauren Graham's father.
Speaker 1: And by the way, and the likes of Plothill's father, Happy Father's Day time.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you, I'm so upset about something, and I get it because people will be like, you give spoilers, right, So I get it. People are gonna say that. So I'm working so hard to avoid the hand with hands.
Speaker 1: Okay, you saw.
Speaker 2: It because I'm rewatching everything that's right for the last season, so I'm only on season three, like I'm cranking through it. And unfortunately, like a couple nights, like last night, I stayed up till three in the morning because I was doing emails and watching it, and I'm like, oh, no, it's three am. I have to go to bed, Like this is at three am? You go, this is uncommon for everybody, right, right, I have to do. So in my rewatch of The Handmaid Sale, I've been sort of like who is Commander Winslow? And like who killed Commander Winslow? Like I'll I was refreshed my memory of information and like things that I think I missed the first time. Right, So somehow it says, you know how Google offers questions, Yeah, you know what I'm talking about, Like you ask a question, and then there's like a bunch more questions and it says what happened to Commander Blaine? And I don't know what made me do it? But I was like, oh, I guess I'll just click.
Speaker 1: That while I'm here, And I told you the spoiler.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know the answer to this spoiler. So I'm not going to tell it really doesn't tell me much, but I feel like you were very affected.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes you are, to the point where I'm like, I actually think I said out loud, Oh no, why did I see that? Why did I do that? Because I don't want to g a spoiler?
Speaker 1: Do I say this?
Speaker 2: He's not going to say anything more. I'm just watch the Google fingers guys, because sometimes it can just lead you to a path that you're like, like, you know the other one that I'm having a hard time with right now, and I'm not alone. Our friend Kendall's feeling the same thing. Did you see the story about Wi Prince William's friend who swallowed a bee and died?
Speaker 3: I cannot And we're really going off on a tangent. I never used to be scared of bees until I've seen so many stories recently about people dying from getting stung by bees.
Speaker 2: I saw a giant black wasp. I think it's called wasp. I sume, I don't know. My brain just said that.
Speaker 1: There's a big black bumble bees.
Speaker 2: That's what it was. Then it was a big black bumblebee. I'm used to like the cute yellow Yeah. No, the cute yellow ones and I just ran inside. I just ran inside after because I'm like that guy. Now, do I want People Magazine when they report those stories to give me context? F y, this guy had a non allergy to Be's and didn't have his zeppie pen. Do you know what I'm saying? Like? Yeah? Or did he just die because he swallowed a bee? Right? I don't know People Magazine.
Speaker 3: You know, People Magazine has been doing that lately where they do a lot of these lifestyle stories.
Speaker 2: Do you know why why we all click on them?
Speaker 1: I know I'd like that. I clicked on the Oh god, we're really really going off.
Speaker 3: I clicked on the Real Housewives executive that child that died obvious.
Speaker 2: So did I so?
Speaker 3: And they don't tell you how, And You're like, I need to know how did she have pre because.
Speaker 2: They're just because look, I love People Magazine. I'm not dogging People Magazine. Magazine's obviously genius. Because Danielle, how many other stories did we both clicked on? I know we both clicked on this be and we both clicked on this other thing. I immediately clicked on it, and then this is the thing.
Speaker 3: It's not good for our bodies no, and also being so that flies a lot. The recent plane crash you know in India was terrifying. But then I clicked on this story where they say the one guy survived was in eleven A. And then twenty seven years later, this guy survived a plane crash in Thailand and was one of the only people that survived on the plane, and he also was in eleven A, And so I'm like, I guess I'm only sitting in eleven a.
Speaker 1: It's just like the God, it's just crazy. It's a crazy world, first of all.
Speaker 2: And this is so bad for our nervous systems because here's what I learned. It's not like our brain. Our our nervous system doesn't speak English, right, so our nervous system isn't like I'm reading this be story and it's just about a b Instead, your nervous system is reading a story that's making your body go I'm terrified, right right, It can't like differentiate like the odds of a bee, really of that happening is low. Maybe we're just gonna get hit by meteor so we don't really have to worry about it. But your body is like feeling the stress of it. I mean, I can feel this side of my neck right now, just like.
Speaker 3: I know, you know what is good for the nervous system. I'm gonna get us back on track. Here is box breathing girls.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, that's fine. I'm just gonna do a little.
Speaker 1: And I'll get into our first headline.
Speaker 2: I want to know. Let me give you one thing, really fast, really fast in I can't really breathe on my nose right now. Oh yeahs for those looks pretty, they can still for you into the nose. Then take one more quick, short one. Okay, actually all right, shoulders go down a little bit. I'm not gonna lie that that actually.
Speaker 1: Works for those that can breathe through their nose, for those that can't.
Speaker 2: For mouth breathers out there a great story.
Speaker 3: So there's this, uh like a trending post I guess on on social right now, and it has ai images of Gilmore Girls actors.
Speaker 1: You obviously can't see this.
Speaker 2: I love the baby.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no, there are adults.
Speaker 3: Don't look at your rundown because I want I want to, and it matches them.
Speaker 2: You know, I was starting to look.
Speaker 1: I know, I see your.
Speaker 3: Eyes and it matches them to their brand names, and I love this, so like, for example, this one's not on here, so I will I will say, like, who is Gucci.
Speaker 1: From Gilmour Emily? Oh, but it's not one, so.
Speaker 2: Okay, so give it to see if I can guess. This is fun? Okay, good, good, good good?
Speaker 1: So who is Dior?
Speaker 3: Or I can do the opposite and tell you the name of the character and you tell me what brand name.
Speaker 1: We'll do it that way.
Speaker 2: That's too hard. Give me the brand.
Speaker 1: It's better this way, trust me, it's better this way.
Speaker 2: It will there's a thousand brands. I'm not gonna be able to be like Louis Vuitton. Like, I don't think it'll be as fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, I don't want to ruin your game.
Speaker 2: Try it, but I'm just gonna be like crap.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then who is Dior? I'll give you hit with with each of the brand.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let me do it one, let me guess and then give me the hint.
Speaker 3: Okay, that is incorrect, but you are on the right track of it being one of the three Gilmore girls.
Speaker 1: Door rory Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Next up.
Speaker 3: If you don't get this one, getting You're really really gonna not be a Gilmore Girls fan, Levi's Vintage.
Speaker 2: Levi's Vintage, My love m M.
Speaker 1: It is one of the boyfriends, though, Dean, Yes, deed is so Levi.
Speaker 2: This is not as good as that.
Speaker 1: That's why you should go the opposite way.
Speaker 2: I think, Okay, fine, try it, try it, try the opposite Give.
Speaker 3: Me Richard Gilmore. What is Richard Gilmore American brand?
Speaker 2: Brooks Brothers.
Speaker 3: See, oh my god, this is I could have done this and no like not Ralph Lauren, Ralph.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, fine, fine, fine, fine good.
Speaker 3: Laura I Gilmore a brand like door, very classy but whimsical.
Speaker 2: Laura Ashley, this is not you, guys. This is not a good game. Danielle. I like, so, I love that you love it. I love that you love it. But I want to know if people listening love it, because let.
Speaker 1: Me let me read off the rest of them.
Speaker 3: So paris Alexander McQueen, spot On Lane, Vivian Westwood love it.
Speaker 2: Is like Skulls. No, this is not Alexy.
Speaker 3: No, Alexander McQueen is like very forward, like very It's not Skulls.
Speaker 2: Danielle, I'm so sorry I have multiplay. Let me keep going it.
Speaker 3: Jess is Saint Laurent, which is on point with the leather jackets. Suki is Machino, which is sun spot on, Michelle's Valenciaga spot on, and Emily miss Chanelle. I was gonna say baton for Emily, but Chanelle she's got it.
Speaker 2: This is not a good game. Oh go to the game. I love that you love it. People listening, lease weigh in. It's not a good game.
Speaker 1: Jess is very spot on, not.
Speaker 2: Correct at all. He's not even a designer guy.
Speaker 1: The game is matching a designer with a character.
Speaker 3: Saint Laurent is all about leather jackets and like white teas and black like that.
Speaker 2: Is Ess a love it, haater, You're such a no I love that you love it. It makes me so happy how much joy you are getting from it. This is not one of my favorite favor We're gonna post it on our Instagram. Yeah, post on it. I think you do need a visual who created it?
Speaker 4: So we give them credit the Instagram handle c r E A I t I O N ninety ninety great can c r E A T I O N creation?
Speaker 1: And it's not a creation? C R E A I T I O.
Speaker 2: N Okay, can the guy who does the babies do Gilmour Girls? The guy the real good one.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that the babies one.
Speaker 1: I know those are super cute.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, So Warner Brothers posted some Gilmore Girls trivia, so I'm gonna quiz you great.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? We haven't done this in a while, so.
Speaker 2: But here's what I can tell you. Unfortunately, I saw this post too, so I'm gonna know the things. But here's what I can tell you, guys. I'm really excited about the trivial pursuit for Gilmore Girls. That's what it came from. It's promoting the trivial pursuit. It looks am it right, it looks fun like we're definitely having a game night.
Speaker 1: We've done some of these already.
Speaker 2: On I do it for the people listening.
Speaker 3: Okay, So question number one, where did Rory and Dean have their first kiss?
Speaker 2: Dose's market. I had forgotten this but then immediately came back. And the thing that was so genius about the instagram is that showed the clip like well done. Girl's Instagram Warner Brothers, you rock.
Speaker 3: Why does Laura Lai get thrown out of Luke's talking on the phone which Gilmore Girl's actress hated coffee and realize.
Speaker 2: I know this Alexis Blodel. I think she put coke in the cups.
Speaker 1: Yeah she did. That's we talked about that. What is the name of bout Bett's cat in season one?
Speaker 4: Cmon?
Speaker 1: Obviouslymen?
Speaker 3: Obviously? What is the population of stars hollow? This is the one that always dumps everyone nine and seventy three.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something? Not a plug? This is genuinely not a plug. This is like, I'm not doing this because someone's making me guess what I did this weekend watched the Gilmour Girls Marathon on Start TV.
Speaker 3: I knew you were gonna say, yeah, I did literally eighty four on direct TV.
Speaker 2: I've been watching start TV just totally. I swear I never knew it was there. I always started my scrolling at two four to two, so now if you have direct TV, I started at eighty four. Then I jumped to two four two and there was a full Gilmore Girl's marathon going on.
Speaker 1: Cu cute que cute.
Speaker 2: Loved it. Way to go Start TV. I also watched The Closer the other day, just saying, do.
Speaker 1: You want to hit this?
Speaker 2: Rachel Brosnahan, Sure do, Okay, So did you watch the Jake jillen Hall presumed innocent.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I'm sorry I didn't.
Speaker 2: It was actually really good and I did not see it coming totally who the murderer was, and then I did not see the ending coming. But Rachel Brosnahan is going to star in season two of the series, and it's a JJ Abrams David Kelly. So you know David Kelly, David Kelly, he's Ali mcpheil, he's married to Michelle Pfeiffer. He made like the Practice a million amazing shows. And then obviously Jj Abrams, who kind of went the Star Wars route or Star Trek or both or whatever, but he was ALIAS. He's lost. So this guy is a genius at TV and they make this thing together. Brosnahan, the reason we're doing the story is she's obviously missus Masel marvelous and she's gonna star and uh, I'm feeling great about it. Oh and Jake Jillenhall will stay on as executive producer and Rachel will also be an execut producer. I'm gonna say great casting on this. Yeah, nice job.
Speaker 1: Jake Jillenhall is just great in general.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to watch Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane The New Superman coming in July. I've got three movies on my list. Still have to go see Mission Impossible, which I keep putting on my list and then like something goes wrong every day, like I'm just gonna go solo and watch it. Luckily, we have a movie theater in my little town, which is like crazy. I can't walk to it, but I can almost walk to it. Then I'm gonna see Jurassic.
Speaker 1: The New Joy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that should be good thousand percent in You're such a Jurassic freak. I'm such a huge fan. And I literally can't remember if I told you this. I just didn't know that they were even making another one. I thought when we had the last one. I think it was like in the twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two era, twenty twenty one, maybe maybe twenty two, I don't know whatever, sir. During COVID, I thought that was the end of the series because it kind of ends. There's no more Pratt. It had like Jeff Goldbloom, all the ogs came back, so I thought, this is the end of my Jurassic experience, and I'm sad about it. And suddenly, out of nowhere, one day, I see something on my Instagram about Jurassic Park, a new one, and I thought, it's just one of those faky things. Have you ever seen those? Like yeah, thecular too, I am legend too, and you're like, there's gonna be and then you realize it's like somebody made it. It's fake.
Speaker 1: Also with AI just recently, you just never know what's real ever, oh, one hundred percent correct, Like we're all it's all this crazy.
Speaker 2: But I see this thing and I'm like, what, Like this must be fake, but I'm gonna watch it anyway. It's totally real and it stars Scarlett Johansson, and like I go, I go either way on Scarlett Johansson and guess what I'm in. I'm totally in, and I think it has a couple other people I like too, so I am so eviolent. And then I did a deep dive and it's supposed to be like darker than ever, like it's gonna be so good.
Speaker 1: We have one more, one more, headl what we have one more? We only have one more. But it's a goodie. It's a good one.
Speaker 3: Speaking of calendar and putting things on your calendar to do. Uh, there are a few chances to see Kelly Bishop in person in nine and we should, we should shout her out and give her, you know, give our people the inside.
Speaker 2: If you're in East Hampton? Now is East Hampton the Hampton's that like the Sex and the City girls go to? Or is that?
Speaker 1: That is a great question that I do not know.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's West Hampton.
Speaker 1: There is, there is, there is, and then there's mon talk.
Speaker 2: I wish Emma was on because she's I know, we sound.
Speaker 1: Very very geographically challenged right now.
Speaker 2: We are. I've only been to New York one time in my whole life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been a bunch, but I've never been to the Hampton. So this is actually a great question I wish I knew the answer to.
Speaker 2: I wish Emma was on our producer Emma and lives in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shoot, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Let's go see Emily Gilmore aka Kelly Bishop to talk about her memoir The Third Gilmore Girl to the East Hampton Librries Author Night, which is even cooler that it's at the library.
Speaker 1: I know. I agree on Saturday, August ninth.
Speaker 2: If I found out you Emily Gilmore was gonna be in my town and I lived in a little town like East Hampton, which I do, I would.
Speaker 1: Walk on over.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that thousand percent. I'd be like, I am so in.
Speaker 1: Maybe we make Edma go, oh my god, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yes, August ninth, Yeah, we'll book signed.
Speaker 1: Maybe she can tell all that.
Speaker 2: Okay, send Jackie. Can you send Emma note and see if she's available August ninth to go see and if not, we'll send someone else. We got some people in New York now fair feels like a good Shelby project. If not, Emma, are they go together?
Speaker 1: And they can go together? That's cute. Then Kelly Bishop Jhona mckent. How do you say this name? Donald mketchney, Donald mc kechnee.
Speaker 2: That's from the chorus line. Oh, that's right, Kelly Bishop was in a chorus line.
Speaker 3: So they're reuniting to celebrate the Court a chorus Line fiftieth anniversary The County will take place on Sunday, July twenty seventh at Broadway's Schubert Theater, So another New York.
Speaker 2: A lot of things happening in New York. Now, I'm not gonna make Emma or Shelby go to this one because I'd rather them go to the Gilmore Girls sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Now they're still working hard, pushing A twelve even though it's been canceled. I think they're going for an Emmy, which I don't know if they're going to get it, but maybe they are.
Speaker 1: Can you get an Emmy if your show's canceled totally because you finished your season?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: File that under things I didn't know.
Speaker 2: File file things.
Speaker 3: I think Kelly at Paley Center at a Paley Center panel talks about bun Heads.
Speaker 1: And she's that there was another actress.
Speaker 2: They talked about Butnheads, And I thought what was interesting is we learned why the thing I thought was interesting about this. We learned why Kelly Bishop was not in every episode. Her husband had cancer at the time.
Speaker 3: And I feel awful because we were watching Bunheads were like, why isn't she here?
Speaker 1: Why isn't she here?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah, but like we knew it was something we weren't mean about it. I find it interesting to know that now that and she's so grateful to Amy Sherman Palladino, who you know, wanted her and she sort of said, don't use me. I'm not gonna be able to do it all I want to do it. The fact that that just felt like a great relationship to me. Yeah, that Amy Sherman Palladino has with Kelly Bishop and Lauren Graham. But it was interesting to now we know why she wasn't in every episode or why the scene. We now have the answer. And I thought that that was interesting why.
Speaker 1: Her character went. Where did they go?
Speaker 2: They went?
Speaker 1: She went on a trip with that guy.
Speaker 2: You know she would be at that random pool like clearly shooting it by you know they. I bet you that was at her own house. I bet they said, we'll spring cameras over and we'll shoot at your house. Okay, all right, let me do a trivia question for you. Okay, what does Luke tell Laura I that he's wearing after spending one night and.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to repeat your question.
Speaker 2: Okay. This is one of my favorite episodes because it's so funny, it's so different. What does Luke tell Laurela that he's wearing after spending the night at Nicole's. You're not gonna get it maybe, but it's gonna come back to you the second I say it, because it.
Speaker 1: Was is it like a coat or something? What is it?
Speaker 3: Someone else's thought, Oh my god, this fucks.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, that's such a funny episode.
Speaker 1: That is funny episodes?
Speaker 2: Is that one where he hits the car? No, doesn't he go? I need to rewatch that episode because it's so good. What artwork does Rory portray in the Festival of Living Art. It's like a Shakespeare something something something, the portrait of a young girl named Oh boy, my eyes and teya. I've got to carry my glasses everywhere I go now.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Literally, the print on this has shrunk since we said, what does Lorlai deliver to her parents' house in the middle of the night? Oh yeah, ouch, Rory's belongings. Why doesn't missus Kim want Dave to take Lane to the prom? He's not Korean?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I thought it was the Bible thing like, because he's right.
Speaker 2: But remember when he read the whole body?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, I forever Dave Dgalski and that's the news was fun. That's the news.
Speaker 1: That's news.
Speaker 3: We'll see you for Parenthood this week on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at i Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.