Speaker 1: Hi everyone, I'm Rachel Zoe and you're listening to Climbing in Heels for your weekly dose of glamour, inspiration and of course fun. This week is another monumental episode of Climbing in Heels as we welcome our second ever male guest, the TikTok Sensation Jake Shane. I met Jake a few months ago and we instantly connected his massive, massive success with both social media and his amazing podcast. Therarapus are clearly just the beginning of what will be a very long career in the entertainment industry. Without further ado, the adorable, hilarious Jake Shane. So, I'm very excited to have you, and I'm very excited to sort of hear all about you and how you became you because you're very young, and I weirdly think we have a lot of common interest. I know you love horoscopes and signs and the whole thing, which is one of my greatest obsessions.
Speaker 2: Oh good, So you'll be able to tell me about it, because I like, I'm like obsessed, but like I don't know, and like I it's like a bit that I don't know anything.
Speaker 3: Like on my latest podcast episode.
Speaker 2: I told someone they were with cancer and they were a Gemini.
Speaker 3: Like it was just embarrassing. What are you? I'm a scorpio.
Speaker 1: Scorpio, we shouldn't even be talking.
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 1: I'm a Virgo?
Speaker 3: Wait? I love virgos? Is that not normal?
Speaker 1: No? It is. I think you guys love us. I think we struggle with you. But it's okay, okay, God I care for it. But I'm also here to I'm also here to say that, like I'm really down to like love a Scorpio like I'm because I feel like I can be changed, you know what I mean, Like I can't be that judgy. But again, I'm a virgo, so we are really freaking judgy.
Speaker 2: Well it makes it better. My rising's Gemini and my moon is Gemini. So I come off as a Gemini a lot of the past.
Speaker 1: So maybe that's why I don't know that I click with a scorpio off the bat. You know, a hello, like we did?
Speaker 3: You know right? We said we clicked.
Speaker 1: We collicked at hello like it was a hug, and it was with Cade who we love.
Speaker 3: Yes, love love love.
Speaker 1: So I needed to understand. Okay, So born and raised where.
Speaker 2: I was born in La Okay, and then I'm so it's not totally new, no, But I moved when I was two years old to so now Okay Fair and then I kind of bopped around New York a little, and then where I really like settled was the suburbs Westchester when I was six years old to I think eleven years old for twelve, I want to say eleven or twelve, and then I moved to Washington Heights in New York City because it was like hard to be getting the suburbs. And then my mom was also like, get me the fuck out of here. He moved to Washington Heights and I lived in Washington Heights from seventh grade. So when I was twelve to like twenty, I went to college at USC, so I moved to Lakay.
Speaker 1: So you've really had in New York LA thing.
Speaker 2: But during COVID, like I was twenty, and I like was in Washington Heights at the time because everyone went home and I was like, I can't be here, and so I went back to my college apartment in LA and like that's kind of when I really consider like done because we sold our place there and my parents live now out here with me and like, oh okay, yeah, we all moved out here.
Speaker 1: That's so fun. So you're super close with your parents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love them. They grab me, but I love them.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't. I live for my parents, but there's literally no one that can drive me more crazy than my parents. I think that's the job. I think it's like we're no.
Speaker 3: They know how to get like, they know how to like me, they know how to like poke like it's a trigger.
Speaker 1: That's where triggers came from. Your parents.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will say my mom has is never she's always excited about what I do. But she was just actually excited today because she always watched your show with me as a gim.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: That makes me so happy. So did you when you were a kid watching me? Were you like that bitch is crazy?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I actually didn't think you were crazy at all because my mom, Because I like, I based.
Speaker 1: Does your mom love fashion?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she loved fashion and she didn't think you were crazy like she loved you and like I didn't think you were like I kind of just based my opinion off what she thought, right, Okay, I was like, okay.
Speaker 1: Well my mom as good as a good son does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, I never thought you were crazy. I thought the show was great reality television.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 2: I really like describe myself as like I was like a reality TV kid, Like that's what I was watching, and I was watching me one, I was watching MTV, I was watching Bravo, I was watching E Like.
Speaker 3: I was like very into reality television.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it surprises your doesn't, because I did a show. I have never seen another reality like I I could barely watch my show.
Speaker 3: To ever wear like housewives anything.
Speaker 2: I are you just so like I can't like it reminds you too much of like your experience that I think I know too much.
Speaker 1: But I'll be very honest with you. I've pretty much winged my entire life, if that makes sense, and I just kind of went with it. And I think when I started my show, everyone you know, when I was working on it, you know, I remember the head of Bravo was like, what are your favorite shows? And I was like, don't watch any. It was like when I wrote my books, what are your favorite books? Don't have any? So it was right. So I think it was just sort of like I'm just going to wing this. And then I think it was hard enough for me to do the show, so I think it was sort of like when I'm not doing this, I'm not also watching other shows. I also don't love to be influenced in that way too. It's a little bit like when I had my clothing line, I didn't really love to look at other people's because you don't want to even be subconsciously sort of I've swayed into something, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: So it like it's like an anxiety thing. I think it is. It's like it like makes me anxious.
Speaker 2: It's like I don't want to bioccidentally like copy something like subconsciously, and then yeah, it's an anxiety thing.
Speaker 3: I totally get that.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to you about that. So I'm glad you brought that up. So I have really come to terms and I am very open about the fact that I feel that in a weird way, my anxiety has always been my superpower. I kind of really have. I don't really think I've ever considered my anxiety. I sort of make fun of myself about it, and I don't mean to belittle it. I don't mean to use it as a as like an adjective. I guess is what I'm saying. But I think I consider myself to be like an anxious person, but I don't necessarily look at it as a negative. I've kind of always looked at it as it's a little bit of my fire, it's a little bit of my motivator. It's a little bit of the thing that like wakes me up in the morning and wants me to be better at something. I think that's how I've always used it. But I know that you're very open about anxiety and mental health in general, so I want to talk to you about that. So have you been this way like your whole life where you.
Speaker 3: Yes, my entire my entire life, Well, like I'm.
Speaker 1: Are you open about it me too?
Speaker 2: So anxiety kind of comes with the territory. Is kind of what my parents always told.
Speaker 1: Me, which is why I never viewed as anxiety. I was like, this is just who we.
Speaker 3: Are, and I.
Speaker 2: I just remember like always being anxious as a kid. I have really about OCD, so that like my anxiety, I view it kind of like if I didn't have that, I wouldn't be motivated. I wouldn't be like good at like like I don't know, like what I do exactly. I mean I wouldn't be good at like hosting or being passionate, like.
Speaker 1: It's part of your personality. It's it's like you're fast, you move, you think a lot, you overthink a lot.
Speaker 3: There's just no getting rid of it. So like what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to be like you know, I'm on meds and it'll subdue it, but there's no getting rid of it. So I'm not going to sit here and be like it's the worst thing in the world because it's here, so like I might as well.
Speaker 3: Just it's like, have you seen the movie Inside Out Too?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Not yet?
Speaker 1: Oh? Wait what now? What's the one out now?
Speaker 3: Inside Out Too?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, I haven't seen it. I've seen the first one. Okay, So the trips.
Speaker 2: They introduce anxiety, and like the interesting of the movie is like kind of about the regulation of emotions and how every emotion is needed in some capacity, and like anxiety is needed in some capacity, and like anxiety doesn't mean like it doesn't have ill intentions, it's just too much of it becomes a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I agree, And I it's funny because I remember when I lived in New York, in my in my like heyday of the best years of my actual life pre children, and people used to be like, are you on drugs? And I'm like, no, not, like at that point, I wasn't even barely drinking caffeine, and I just it's like this excitement. It's like an excitement. But it also to your point, I think it's sort of like you are or you aren't, and you manage it or you don't. And it's how much you embrace it and cope with it and manage it. And I think, to your point, use it to help you use it as fuel, right, I think if you mentally look at it as fuel in many ways, then you can embrace it as a positive rather than something that you're scary and overwhelming.
Speaker 2: You know, you just need to know that once you know that, like what it's projecting isn't real, which isn't right. Very hard, it's not possible for me yet. Sorry, there's a garbage truck.
Speaker 3: A child.
Speaker 1: You are twenty four, You have so much more to cope with that, Like this is going to get easier for you in many ways.
Speaker 2: I've realized that like working out helps it, and yeah, doing something creative helps it, Like I'm kind of narcissistic, so talking about myself helps it.
Speaker 3: Like just being honest, Like, by the way.
Speaker 1: I always be honest. I love you more for that, and also that's how you became you to being honest.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I remember. When this all kind of happened, I was kind of like like, I'm just like I've once you accept the fact that, like, well, I don't know, not everyone's transparent, but I would consider myself to be a pretty transparent person. Like everyone, even if I'm not being transparent, can see right through me and I can see what I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: Once I accepted that, like life got so much easier.
Speaker 1: You know, you've obviously had so much success and at a very young age. I mean I feel like you probably just graduated like two years ago, right, yeah, two years ago. You're like like last month, Oh my god, Like do you have this massive success pretty quickly? Right for being yourself? And I mean, what is that? What does that feel like? And was it intentional? You know, because like did you come out of school and be like this is what I'm doing or did this just kind of like you're just rolling with it?
Speaker 2: I was I thought I was going to work in music for the rest of my life. I had I was an intern at a record label since I was a junior or the summer of COVID so end of my sophomore year, and I kept that and then I took a break my senior year because I had done it for a year, like my entire junior year, and they were like, okay, like finish college and come back and we can see if there's a full time position for you. And I like made this like octopus account in the meantime, just like to keep me busy. Like it was like funny, like it was just a joke. I was in college, my octopus.
Speaker 1: Like I have to understand that I used octopus as a like I'll be like, oh, he's like an octopus, like too much personal space, and like.
Speaker 2: It was like it was my boogie. It was my bougie snack, like I ate it. Like I would go out to like Draconi's West Hollywood and get like girl octopus and like.
Speaker 1: They have the best girl octopus there. I don't even like girl octopus.
Speaker 2: And there's then you need to get it from Angelini palists as well, because that one took over for me.
Speaker 3: At least in my mind, they have had a bite of that one.
Speaker 1: I know that's yeah, lemon, I want but I'll have a bite of someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but maybe we'll go and we'll order it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I would do that. I would absolutely share a girl doctopus with you.
Speaker 3: Yes, please, I would be honored.
Speaker 2: But I that I graduated, I was working full time at the record label. I was an assistant to this guy named Zach and he just like always like like when you have someone around you that like lets you be your full self, like you kind of unlock your full potential.
Speaker 3: So like he never judge.
Speaker 2: Me, like every joke I made, like even if I wasn't being intentionally funny, he thought was funny and like egged me on and encouraged it. It was just a really happy, happy time. I was probably like the happiest time of my life. Like I was like making tiktoks on the side, but I was like doing my job during the day, like it like didn't like it felt it was just like it felt like very like Okay, as long as my job is good, like we're good, I can make these tiktoks. But like nothing I didn't think anything of it, and he always made this joke kind of like if anything ever happens, I'll manage you. And then something did happen, like over the course of one week, and I like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It wasn't even like a question like well, are you going to do it?
Speaker 2: Like it just was kind of like we were kind of like we both knew like okay, like we both felt like, all right, well it's happening, like you're gonna you're gonna manage me now, and it was kind of like kis met and it was like the perfect person to meet at the perfect time, and like I couldn't imagine like doing it with like any other people around me.
Speaker 1: I love that, see, And you couldn't You couldn't have wouldn't have couldn't have ever planned that.
Speaker 2: No, it was it was just like I thought I had a plan, Like I was like, this is like, oh you like maybe I'll reach one hundred thousand followers by the end of the year, right, and then like a million in a week. And I was like, and Zach always believes in me, Like he's always like, you're gonna get to a million, Like you're He's like always like putting these like end goals for me, right, Well, that's not gonna happen, right, But he literally said, like, you're gonna get to a million by the end of the year, and I was like, Zach, that's not true.
Speaker 3: But he just let the best.
Speaker 1: That's so it's it's I mean, I think what I could try to tell you at twenty four is you sometimes just have to let life happen because as an anxious person, you're going to overthink it to the point of no return. And it's like, I think you're already seeing this success, and I think it's sort of like it's good for you to stay very real about it and be like that's not going to happen and keep yourself in check. But I think it's great to have people around you that are your like cheerleaders, that are there for the journey. And you know, I think it's great. It's I think that's fantastic. And by the way, I'm launching my TikTok soon and oh my god, I might need some mentoring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you need any help, TikTok is like my I would. I pride myself and being pretty good at it.
Speaker 1: So that's great. Because I pride myself and really sucking at it. I have not launched it.
Speaker 3: It's like a language. Once you learn it, you kind of like can get with it.
Speaker 2: Like it's it's really just like a language, Like it's like doing like du a lingo every day, like you kind of like have to do your TikTok. Like I did not get it at all. I remember like like watching like very confusing, very confusing. I remember watching like the Charlie Demilio's and everyone and being like, uh huh fuck are they editing these?
Speaker 3: How are they doing it?
Speaker 2: I don't want to just and I remember my best friend Brett and I were always like so confused.
Speaker 3: We're like, how do we do this?
Speaker 2: Once you get this, like it used to take us four hours out at one TikTok on don't you get this one pets done?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Yeah, I'm literally gonna need the one oh one tutoring of this because you know, people keep going, why aren't you on TikTok? I always hear your voice on TikTok, your things from your show on TikTok, and like it's like a whole new because I can instagram till you know, I'm purple, like it's that's that's my first language. But now to your point.
Speaker 3: I need another one.
Speaker 1: I do, I really do. Okay, So tell me about your pod because it has a cult following and I want to know how you got the name and like why and what the obsession with octopus in this bougie kind of life and I just I need I get you because I speak you. I get it, like I totally get it.
Speaker 2: Kind of became this thing like my friends always called octopus puss like it was just the thing. It was like it just was a thing, and that's like what I named the account.
Speaker 1: And then like does your mother love that it's called puss?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she thought it was. She thought it was funny, and she like she loved it. She's like my like I have two boys, I do it like yeah, like but she.
Speaker 2: It's just like everything kind of became play on puss. And it was like I had this Instagram story called tell me What's Wrong, and it would just I would give very blunt advice. So when I'm thinking about making a podcast, I was like, Okay, well I want to do that, and then we could do like therapy. And then I was like, oh, Therapust. Like it was very quick, like one two quick, and like it just kind of hot. I remember the room I was. I was in my old office, like I was. I was there because my now manager. I was just with him, and like I was sitting in like one of the rooms with like my old co workers, and I was like, oh, therapus, And that's kind of how it happened. And then it just kind of like I didn't really know what I was doing at first. I was so scared. I was like, oh my god, like what is the point, Like I feel like I shouldn't be doing this. And then the pussies who are the people that follow me really just like showed up for me, and like my friend showed up for me. Everyone who I needed to show up for me really showed up for me. And so in return, I was like, I'm going to show up tenfold and like I'm going to make this my entire personality.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of like how it kind of came to be.
Speaker 1: And you wake up excited every single day to do it all.
Speaker 2: Yes, I haven't been filming lately. I just filmed the season finale. We're ending the season next week. Forty two episodes and or we call them sessions because it's therapy.
Speaker 3: And then I'm going to take it on tour in October and yeah, that's a coat point.
Speaker 1: That's so much fun. Okay, what scares you? Like, what is your biggest challenge in this new life of yours? Because now it's been probably what like two years a year that you've really been at a year and a half, I mean really new, So you must have a lot of you.
Speaker 2: Know, looking like an idiot. That's always been like my number one fear, like look just embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a fear of yours.
Speaker 2: Weirdly it is, it's like I don't want to show like I don't want to show up, and like number one, have no one care?
Speaker 3: I think, like no one care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, you like look at him, like so what he's doing is so embarrassing, He's so embarrassing. I think it's just like I'm just so scared of being embarrassed at all times, and like, I think that's why I try to embarrass myself.
Speaker 3: I think that's kind of like a crux of comedy.
Speaker 2: Like you know, it's I'm going to embarrass myself before you can embarrass me, So I think that's.
Speaker 1: I'm going to break up with you before you break up with you.
Speaker 2: So it's like a lot of my humor is very self deprecating because I'm like, oh no, no, no, no, Like if you think you're gonna do this, like I'm going to do it, but like ten times, so you can't.
Speaker 3: Even say anything.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting. I actually think we're freakishly similar in a lot of ways. Well, it's funny because when I was growing in my career, I think when I was coming in my career, people would be like, what are you so afraid of? And I'm like, because it was never my intention to be in the public eye. I think I never had an expectation for people to show up for me. And I remember when I was younger and I used to have birthday parties every year. I was always like, nobody's going to come, Like, nobody's going to come. And if you ask my team, they would say, what's the thing that people don't know about Rachel? And they'd be like, they would tell you that she like she thinks no one's coming to anything that she ever does still today, So I so understand what you mean.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 1: And I remember when I was doing my show sort of like why does anyone want to watch this? Like why does it? You know what I mean? And that's a hard thing. And I think, I think for you, the greatest thing about TikTok is this so instant, right, Like it's so immediate, Like you're not like filming a movie that no one's showing up to watch.
Speaker 3: You know, it's less an ana curse because like gifted.
Speaker 1: To this like immediate feed of course.
Speaker 2: So like sometimes when things take time to grow as they do, like Zach will have to tell me, like you like like I remember, like for the podcast, he was so like you, nothing's goopen until maybe a year or two of you doing this, So just plan on you doing this for a year or two then it'll start to go. And I was just I was like, so that's not going to cut it in my book. Like I'm like, that's not going to happen, Like I'm going to full throttle this and like we're making I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Make it happen, right, But and look what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so I'm so excited. I mean, I'm so excited to tour because that's like the number one reason why I.
Speaker 3: Did the podcast.
Speaker 2: It's like to have like a live show that I can like or like that that's going to be fun.
Speaker 1: Well that's interesting because I actually was thinking it was like, you're such this big personality and you're so obviously entertaining. I mean, do you have you ever in your life thought like I want to be live, Like I want to do stand up Like I actually I.
Speaker 2: Used to take stand up. I took stand up classes for a few months.
Speaker 1: When I was It's scary. That's like my worst fear. Like I can't even karayoke, that's like my actual worst namer.
Speaker 2: It is the scariest thing in the world. I do the Gotham you know, the Gotham Comedy Club in Chelsea.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: I was seventh grade, so that was fun and I remember being like, oh, I like this, but then like high school happened and I'm too embarrassed to do anything.
Speaker 3: Everything's fucking embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Everything you like lose yourself and just like the worst time, it's the worst. And so I'm happy that like I'm I've found this myself again and like I'm able to be like, no, this is what I want to do, and it really is just who you surround yourself with, honestly.
Speaker 1: It really is. I mean, Okay, so I know this seems like a logical question coming from me, but I'm curious, Like do you like fashion, like meaning like would you ever want to do anything in the world of fashion or is that like terrifying to you? In zero interest?
Speaker 2: Like that is like the epitome of like cool for me, So like yeah, like of course I would love to do anything in fashion, Like are you kidding? Like my mom like took me to a fashion show once when I was like eight years old. I were like one, do you remember it was? When's the Funny's lamb collection?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I was probably there.
Speaker 2: I have a iould show you a photo of me. I was very little. I was like I was in a hoodie. It was ridiculous. But I love fashion. I used to pay like my mom loves fashion and I don't. I'm not a very fashionable person, but I I love it. I think it's so cool. Like I went to like one fashion show last year. I went to the Tommy Hill figure show and it was like, oh yeah, experience in my life. He's the best, who's the sweetest human ever.
Speaker 3: It's awesome and like.
Speaker 1: My greatest mentor in my life, in my in.
Speaker 3: My career, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He gave me my first big break when I was twenty four, twenty.
Speaker 3: Are you here? What were you doing?
Speaker 1: He gave me the biggest job of my life. I had just gone freelance. I'd been working for a magazine. I was your age. And he called me into his office because I knew his brother Andy, and I had been pulling Denham from his brother. He was doing like a j Lo Denham collection. His brother Andy and Tommy called me into his office and I was so nervous. I'd had no idea what was happening. And he basically gave me a two week massive ad campaign for his main collection, for the Younger collection. The first week was shot in Austin with like ten major celebrities, and the second week was out here in LA at the Griffith Observatory with like literally thirty male and female supermodels of the time. And I led the entire thing. And I looked at him like, why are you giving me this job? Like I can't. I don't know that I can do this, and he was like, yes, you can. I know you can and I didn't even know him. It was It was the most terrifying experience of my life. But I did it, and I had like four hundred panic attacks on the job, right, Like I did it and it got.
Speaker 3: You're ready, Yes, that's amazing. Yeah, but I yeah.
Speaker 1: So would you go back to fashion Week? Like I feel like you have to hit fashion Week?
Speaker 2: Yes, of course if I'm invited, of course I always. But I'm like so not inherently a fashionable person, but like that's why, that's why I want. I just I feel so hollywood to me, it feels so cool. It feels so like I don't know, I remember like I used to remember like love, like thinking it was the coolest thing in the world when I was a kid. So yeah, I mean yeah, of course, Like I would die to go back to fashion Week, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Something tells me you are going to have a lot of invites to fashion Week and you're going to take your mom as your day.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my mom would die. She would die, you would die.
Speaker 2: She would just be like on her phone taking photos the whole time, like thinking it was the coolest thing in the world.
Speaker 1: That's my forecast for you. I feel like there's weeks and mom as your date. I just I see it. You were actually you were born in two thousand nine, ninety nine nine, Okay, so like two thousand, probably like two thousand to two thousand and probably five. Before I moved out to La it was twenty four to seven. Backstreet Brittany in Sync, Jessica Enrique literally like music videos, album covers.
Speaker 3: Touring, crazy as the time seemed.
Speaker 1: It was more than it seemed. It was the craziest. I would have like one hundred rocks of clothes, like for the guy, I mean Prada adult in this one, and I needed like I would have fifty racks because each guy needed like five changes and they needed Like it was the craziest. I'm pretty sure I didn't sleep for eleven years.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But it was fun and it was boot Camp and it was the best, and it was the music industry was, you know, at the height of pop culture. Just being that I was shooting covers of Rolling Stone, I mean it was it was really really really fun. It was really crazy and really fun and just you know, it's funny. I think about it now and people ask me about it, and I remember it like in real time, like right, that happened.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I was in Monaco with Britney Spears when she ripped her skirt because it was too long and just tore it. And then I ripped her t shirt because she wanted it cropped.
Speaker 3: You know that kind of thing you would do stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I would put her in cature and then she would literally like go into the dressing room, come out and like it was cropped, and I was like, that's sure. I just I think, yeah, I did. I died, Like I literally died. I've died one hundred and twenty deaths.
Speaker 3: In yeahh right.
Speaker 1: For sure. Okay, So tell me hopes and dreams beyond today, Like what in your mind is like the next or do you just try to live present? But knowing you for the last hour, I'm thinking you don't live in the present and you're constantly thinking about the next thing. I mean, I've never lived in the present, so I'm working on that still.
Speaker 3: Ever, it's just who I am.
Speaker 2: I try, but it's like I really want to get into acting.
Speaker 3: That's like a dream of mine, and I want to.
Speaker 2: Kind of turn therapist into like late night for gen Z. I feel like there's no late Night for gen Z. I feel like it's kind of like, you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know people like my parents that watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I like I want I think late night is such a cool concept. It's so American, and it's so it's been around forever, Like I would hate to see it go away, So like I would love I would love to like kind of like turn therapist into a late night virgin.
Speaker 1: Like the new James Corden kind of like but yeah, yeah, not the day's old. But you know what I mean. Yes, But I have a question, So does then that live on television or does in your mind? Would that live on television or in some kind.
Speaker 2: Of other I think I would it would live on streamers in a live sense, so it would bet I would like understand time the week and then you could watch it after as well.
Speaker 1: Genius, I love it, I'd watch it.
Speaker 3: That's my idea.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's manifest that.
Speaker 3: I know I'm trying. I'm really trying to manifest.
Speaker 2: Like my ideal dream would be like Netflix Live three times a week, late night musical guest talent fits Jake Shane Late Night Live.
Speaker 1: I see this for you. I see this for you. Not only do I see it for you, but I actually see you like as the next Like Dave Letterman, You're going to be doing it until you're eighty.
Speaker 3: Oh like I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: That's the thing is, like I never want to snap entertaining like I always just like I'll always want to.
Speaker 3: It doesn't feel like work. Ever.
Speaker 1: We like to do this with all of our guests. Rachel's going to give you a little rapid round of question and then I'm gonna let you go. And it doesn't break. It doesn't. You don't have to answer in like one word or anything. You can elaborate if you need to, you can do it. It's just get to know you a little bit. I obviously already know the first answer Instagram or TikTok.
Speaker 3: You know it depends on the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair. Day one star sign you would never or date a Leo fair a scorpio, and a Leo would like implode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: The food item you can't live without, which I think I know.
Speaker 3: It's octopus, but it's also white rice.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Okay, Okay, that's fair. I don't think my son could live without very rays, Netflix and chill or dance on.
Speaker 3: Tables, Dance on tables.
Speaker 1: I knew that I tout in my mind. I answered the question and ask myself if you were arrested, what would it be.
Speaker 2: For god, Like, if it was two years ago, would probably be like doing something drunk and stupid in college.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 2: Probably like like drunken disorderly, Like I don't like, That's what I would imagine.
Speaker 1: Okay, favorite beauty product I use.
Speaker 2: Like Line's lip mask I like yeah, And I like like my road face wash yeah good, yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: And I like my drunk Elephant Bronzer.
Speaker 1: So good, so good. I love that one. Okay, who's your.
Speaker 3: Here, Taylor Swift? I'm not even watching here?
Speaker 1: Everyone's fucking hero? Okay, favorite TikToker, Favorite TikToker.
Speaker 2: It's a good question, trying to think of who I who I religiously watch. My favorite TikToker is probably my best friends. I like watching what they have to pose, like Brad Cuie all that.
Speaker 1: Because you're invested in it too. Okay, New York or La La favorite TV show.
Speaker 3: Of all time?
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 3: Girls on HBO.
Speaker 1: Okay nineteen eighty nine or Torture Poets Department nineteen eighty nine. Oh my god, you're the cutest. I endore you, Jake. I'm so happy we met.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy.
Speaker 1: This was so fun, so much fun. I can't wait to be your best friend, and I can't wait taking out. And I'm terrified to launch TikTok. So you're going to have to help make it.
Speaker 3: Don't don't be I will help you. That is a.
Speaker 1: Whole new world, and you know us people with anxiety. That is hard, very changes, that is hard. All right, I'm sending you I most love to have a beautiful week. I hope I see you soon.
Speaker 3: Yes, I will see you soon. Thank you for having me so.
Speaker 1: Hi to your mom.
Speaker 3: I will, I will, I will.
Speaker 2: I hope you have a wonderful brap autumn you too, YouTube will make sure of it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Jake for being on the pod. You are such a star at such a young age, and I honestly love the most your humor and transparency. I just laughed this entire episode. We had so much fun, and you know, he taught me a lot. I feel like I am ready to embrace the very scary world of TikTok, and I'm hoping that Jake will be my new friend and hold my hand through it, because it will be a whole new world for me. So thank you so much to everyone for listening to Climbing and Heels. If you haven't already, please subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, the iHeart app, or wherever you get your podcasts. You don't miss a single episode this season, and be sure to follow me on Instagram at at Rachel Zoe and the show at Climbing in Hills pod for the latest episodes and updates. I will talk to you soon. Here's something wild. I don't know if this surprises your doesn't, because I did a show I have never seen another real like I could barely watch my show
Speaker 3: Never like housewives anything,