Speaker 1: Like, we've had two good days of practice this week. Consistency is always the key with anything that you're doing. Again, we're preparing for a good football team and uh Stealers Uh well, coach very talented and definitely have weapons all across the board.
Speaker 2: So uh with that, I know you have a lot of questions. So I opened up the floor.
Speaker 3: What was your first order of business when you found out that Nick most Who's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be here?
Speaker 1: Uh? You know, excited number one that he's back in the building. We all know that he makes us a better football team, not just a better defense. So uh, business as usual regards for his preparation, but understand that he brings a little bit more to the game plan.
Speaker 4: What did from an energy perspective?
Speaker 3: What is he kind of brought even the short times with that?
Speaker 1: I mean, everybody's excited that he's back in the building. I mean, coaches, players, You saw the energy uh that we had on Monday when we came in and just magnified you know when he got here. So uh, once again, excited that he's back and looking forward to him being on the field.
Speaker 3: The Steelers this offseason made a big deal about trying to be more explosive offensively for for all you've seen from Picket in the preseason, have you seen that that's something.
Speaker 1: I think they living up to that. Yeah, for sure. Uh, he's pushing the ball down the field quite a bit. Definitely have weapons and uh pickings and you know, I think he is phenomenal in in everything that he does. For his catch radius, you throw the ball anywhere close to him, he's pulling it in so uh solid run game and they compliment that with play action down the field.
Speaker 4: Did they do any uh work with the team today or was it just individual stuff too? Uh?
Speaker 2: He was just individual yep?
Speaker 3: Or do you think it's a realistic stap count for him?
Speaker 2: Uh, It's it's hard to say.
Speaker 1: And I I think each player is different, and and I say that in in a uh meaningful way. He's different. So it's not really trying to put a limit on what he can do. It's just trying to get a feel and once we get into the game and then go from there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Obviously then I I in training camp hasn't kind of gone through the sore that everybody else goes through.
Speaker 3: Is that at all concerned.
Speaker 4: That you might be able to play a lot of snaps, but there might be something on the back end that he would deal with.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you always have to judge that with all your players. A guy that hasn't been here, as you stated, guys that have multiple years in the league. You're always trying to foresee things. We got a quick Thursday night game. That's things to think about, you know, for his reps on the on the front end as well. So yes, we have thought about that.
Speaker 3: Canada, how does he use his He's got three different backs, how does he use them? How does he used them in the preseason? What do you know about Canada?
Speaker 1: Uh, great coach, good offensive mind. Played them last year. I thought they do a great job uh, and and everything they're doing. You know, Harris is more uh in between the tackles, a power runner, UH, but I think he has the ability to be able to get on the outside as well. So uh, I think he does a great job in using all three of those guys. And you know, when you look at uh their game, I think is the simplicity of it from a standpoint of what they do, but the magnitude and how they do it is some somewhat complicated. So uh, they hit you inside in between the tower cause they get on the outside with uh the jet sweeps the bounce play. So we gotta do a great job of setting edges this week, say the least us.
Speaker 2: We're not practicing today.
Speaker 3: Is there any concern.
Speaker 1: About Uh No, I'm not concerned at all.
Speaker 2: I don't think he'll be ready to play, so it's not a issue with me.
Speaker 3: What about Kuponga?
Speaker 4: I mean, uh, I know that he missed today cause of a personal matter, But was the the the knee is shitsh problematic?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: In yesterrday practice at all?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Again, yeah, as you stated, it is personal, so I won't go into detail about that. I just understand and know when guys like that uh aren't here, Boat's uh uh Mooni's out.
Speaker 2: Huff is not here.
Speaker 1: It just gives us a opportunity to get other guys reps, as we've seen, and at some point in times those reps are gonna come into play rather week one, this week or week ten. So uh, I look at it as a positive sometimes.
Speaker 3: With those two safeties not practicing.
Speaker 4: How's Jay Brown and everything?
Speaker 1: I think giants getting better. I think he's becoming a little bit more comfortable in the things that we asking him to do.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think you saw that in preseason again, Uh, the transition with a lot of these rookies, just understanding how we do things and most importantly, just trying to operate under consistency because at some point in time, I hope it's no time soon they will hit that rookie wall.
Speaker 3: Have you met Melsa before he arrived.
Speaker 2: At Mini camp? Manitory mandatory mini camp.
Speaker 3: When he was here, coach Forrester was talked about the first extended drive that an offense gets in the first regular season game is as tired as as he'll see them all year because it's their you know, first real strain that a regular season game that cannot be replicated even in preseason because it's same. Is it the same for the defense?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: And I think uh Kyle does a great job in how we practice and trying to orchestrate those different looks and uh, you know there's times that we've gone, you know, ten play drives, twelve play drives, just.
Speaker 2: Trying to create that game like similarity.
Speaker 3: You pick it has gone five drives and five touchdowns in the preseason. Obviously you looked at him this preseason. But you looked at his film last year. How's he different from last.
Speaker 1: Year over when he saw the I I think he's a little bit more comfortable and uh in the offense and what they asks him to do. He makes great decisions with the ball. Again, I think they have a solid run game, which I think really takes a lot of the burden pressure off of him having to constantly push the ball down the field and go win a game.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: They create a lot of balance in what they do. Uh.
Speaker 1: I think again the play action down the field has definitely been a difference and it it jumps out at your own tape.
Speaker 2: So uh.
Speaker 1: And the receivers again they have and the pickings and Johnson I think are outstanding. Are Thank you guys, Appreciate you