Speaker 1: Strap on the boots and scrape up the knuckles.
Speaker 2: Hold ahead, he got jacked.
Speaker 3: This is the Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert.
Speaker 4: Harry's gonna score touchdown. Slim to the ground by Buddha Baker. Like a torpedo, he keeps flying into the backfield.
Speaker 3: The Rage is brought to you by santan Ford and Gilbert right on the Price right on the corner of the Santan two O two Freeway in val Vista Seek your Ticket to Great Seats, and by Arizona Cardinals Podcast. Visit Azycardinals dot Com, slash Podcast, The Red Seas, Rising Up, Jumperizing Vision, Flurry Rage, Take it over.
Speaker 1: Here's Paul CALVICI.
Speaker 5: I'm ready.
Speaker 6: I'm one hundred percent ready. I'm telling you I'm ready. And Ron Wookley, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Get any better than that.
Speaker 7: Leash your darn toot. We will do it live, Wolf and on location.
Speaker 6: I'll write the intro. Remember the bill, O'Reilly rant. I'll write the intro and we'll do it live, and we'll do it in front of the Bird Gang right here, a live audience. As the Big Red Rage rolls again, does it not here at the top golf swing suite inside He River Resorts in Casino, Wild Horse Pass, Paul calvec Ron, Wolfley, and.
Speaker 5: A very special guest.
Speaker 6: We're gonna get to here momentarily, but first wolf we want to make sure you're ready to go. I see your dinner plate. You've already had dinner served here. So that's a good indicator, early indicator.
Speaker 2: That's right, Paul. I didn't dig into it right now. You know you cannot dive into it right now. You gotta wait for the break. Of course, that thing's gonna be gone during the break. I just want everybody to know that. Man, it's good to see you all out here. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: It is real and it is spectacular.
Speaker 1: Is it not?
Speaker 6: The Big Red Rage and our very special guest here to kick off this season in front of a live audience.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: How about the Cardinals leading tackler. How about a guy who just passed four hundred career tackles, a guy who's a team captain, a guy who's been identified as getting among the most respect in that locker room. Everybody, please help us welcome kay Zier White to the Big Red Rage.
Speaker 5: Was that by Santan ford O.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks for having me. I appreciate you, guys. Thank you.
Speaker 6: First off, is there a conspiracy here Wolf, something happened behind the scenes where the first guest we book is a West Virginia guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's I know, I don't know if well, listen, I did not book him. I can tell you that much. But he's definitely one of my favorite players. And it's not just because of the West Virginia West by God Virginia, as we like to say, right there, don't don't make me signifights on release, We'll go to break. It's also because he was coached at a junior college by my first NFL roommate, Mark Dudah. Mark Dudah, who was a defensive tackle for the Saint Louis Cardinals, came out here played in Phoenix. As a matter of fact, with the Phoenix Cardinals all the way back in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 1: Mark Dudah. So we got a connection, guys, this small world.
Speaker 2: Indeed, tell me about Mark Duty, your memories of him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, he's just a real inceensed guy. He's just a great person.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: He gave me a second chance at life. That's how I like to look at it because you know, coming out of high school, I couldn't get you know, any offers because I was slacking in school and not taking it serious. So you know, me and all my brothers, he gave us a second chance at life. We always say, we, you know, still keep in contact with him. You know, he changed our lives.
Speaker 6: And guess what back in March when you signed it's an unrestricted free agent. We had Mark Dudah on the show on the Big Red Rage. A little bit later, we'll get into that in depth. We'll hear from your former junior college coach and Wolfe's roommate during training camp. We'll get into all that. See, we're the original Thursday night football. That's the way we like that. Okay, all right, forget this whole Niners Giants game going on, but you see the Giants and what are you thinking of after that game in Week two?
Speaker 8: You know, it's definitely frustrating because I feel like in the first half, we came out, you know, blazing on all cylinders, you know, defensively, special teams and offensively.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're playing, you know, very well.
Speaker 8: And I just think we relaxed a little bit, and you know, they came out in the second half and you know, punched us in the mouth, and uh, you know, got to win over it. So it definitely a little you know, frustrating because as two weeks in a row, we felt like we just let it slip, you know.
Speaker 2: You know, first of all, just to hear you say that, it warms my heart as a former player to come out and say, hey, listen, we may have relaxed a little bit in that second half because we were dominating the first half. I know there's a lot of people who will not understand that. I'm not one of them, because I will understand how that happens because you're a human being, Right, That's how that happens. Right, You go out there and you're pounding the other team and you feel very, very confident. Nobody made a conscious decision to go out and say, let's relax, guys, we're okay, We're gonna be fine. Nobody ever makes that a decision, a conscious decision. But that happens because you're a human being. From time to time, I love the accountability. You have to speak the truth after you lose, and that's what you're.
Speaker 1: Doing right now. It's really important to you, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for sure, man, I feel like that's just the only way you keep growing and keep getting better.
Speaker 2: That's accountability times ten. And it started with your coach for sure, all right.
Speaker 5: And that's a great segue, he goes.
Speaker 6: Here's Jonathan Gannon describing that game, talking to the media after the thirty one twenty eight.
Speaker 9: Loss tailor two halfs and we got a coach and play better. You know, in the second half we had a lead and we lost the lead and didn't do enough to win a game. All three phases goes into that, and complomary football goes into that, and our guys know what, we got to get done and improve that quickly if we think we're going to close out Lee's and get some wins here.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't have to tell you, but the rookies and I think in the locker room are finding out that more than half the NFL games are one score games. You have to figure out a way to win those close games. You gotta finish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta finish.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean start, yeah, you gotta start good and you know, finish.
Speaker 6: And to me, and this is my theory, did the Cardinals, relax, take their foot off the gas.
Speaker 5: Okay, but I think the Giants at.
Speaker 6: Twenty eight to seven said, you know what, we're going to the forty nine ers next on Thursday night. And like the urgency in that Giant sideline went through the roof because they were staring zero to three, starving in the face.
Speaker 1: Definitely, man, for sure. You know, you just felt it out there.
Speaker 8: It was like we're playing a totally different team in the second half.
Speaker 1: You know, I sip my hat offs on. You know, they came out, you know, beat us.
Speaker 2: So kay's here, you're you're the guy. You're the bike linebacker. Of course that makes a lot of the calls. You may all the calls, as far as I'm concerned, correct, correct, Yeah, it's okay. Really smart guy here, Okay, really smart guy that is sitting here. He makes all the checks, all the calls. How different were the calls in the checks in the second half than the first half.
Speaker 8: I'm going to say it was much different. You know, they were just trying to speed the pace up and stuff. They try to just go hurry up and you know, kind of get us out of whack a little bit. But I want to say the calls are that different or anything. You know, we we pretty much stick to the script for.
Speaker 1: A lot of times. It's about execution, isn't it. For sure? Going out there and doing your job for sure.
Speaker 6: Well, and if you're looking for one stat according to Nick rollis your defensive coordinator and the head coach, they had zero explosives in the first half.
Speaker 5: They had like nine nine to the second half.
Speaker 6: Right, that was crazy. Yeah, And of course a lot of that just getting to the quarterback. And once you guys did Daniel Jones, I don't know if he ran the forty at the combine.
Speaker 5: He's quicker than he looks.
Speaker 1: Maybe a lot faster than he looks. Sure he was pulling away from guys. Yeah, long strider, Yeah, he definitely has speak.
Speaker 5: I was impressed by that.
Speaker 6: In fact, you know, Calvic consulting here at the poly Pigskin Division, May I surmise that maybe the Cardinals should get Josh Dobbs out running a little bit. One of the all time great SEC dual threat quarterbacks as well. I'd love to see him. We saw what he did on a twenty three or touchdown roll. We'll get into that.
Speaker 5: In fact, here's Dobbs, and just look what he's learned.
Speaker 6: He's in year seven, what he's learned, and what has to happen now coming off a loss like that.
Speaker 10: Got stick together figure out ways to continue to get better. He continued to dig into our playbooks, dig into our preparation, finding ways to improve our bodies so that we're able to come out and get the job done next Sunday, give.
Speaker 5: Us a quick word on your quarterback.
Speaker 6: Because he's never made three starts in a row in his NFL career. He got two starts his first two starts. Ever, at the end of last season, he vowed after Week one of Washington there would be a big improvement, in his words, quote a huge jump he did. He went up twenty points in his passer rating. What do you see at him those first two weeks and even this week in practice?
Speaker 8: I just think he's real, like calm to me, like even if things get chaotic, I never really see him flinch.
Speaker 1: It just looks like he's been there before.
Speaker 8: I mean, I would have never known he only started two games if you didn't say that.
Speaker 1: He just seem, you know, real prepared. I always see him.
Speaker 8: I always see him in there early and late you could just tell he's a true pro.
Speaker 2: Talk a little bit about the defensive line, because how much of an impact do you think that had on the second half when Carlos Watkins went out of that game.
Speaker 1: Of course, you already were missing Lucky Fotu and LJ. Collier.
Speaker 2: You're already missing those guys right now injury. You're banged up right there. There's a relative inexperience out there as well. Dante Stills, of course, our West Virginia guy. Yes, he's out there, you know, but he's a rookie. He's finding his way. How much of that really had an impact on that defense? And how you guys played in the second half?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, you know, we had guys, sir, But we don't never want to use that as an excuse but reason. Yeah, but you know, we try to look at it as next man, you know up mentality and just keep trying to keep you know, pushing forward and uh just putting our you know, best foot forward.
Speaker 5: What's it what's it like to tackle Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he a great player.
Speaker 8: I've been playing against him since high school from the same area, so wow, he's a great player. You know, he definitely a challenge. Uh, you know, every time I play against him all you know, I like the battle for sure.
Speaker 2: So when you say from the same area, what I mean, same town or it's.
Speaker 8: Down like ten minutes from my same same conference in football all through high.
Speaker 5: School, it's just Pennsylvania.
Speaker 8: Where Yeah, Pennsylvania, Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, So I mean you're on a first name basis when you're trash talking Saquon across the line, this bit you.
Speaker 1: Respect, that's my dog. Yeah, we're cool. We're cool with each other.
Speaker 6: Of course, a lot of people know Kaizer White. Just when everyone's like, okay, welcome Kaizier. He gave a nice welcome to Sam Howell early in the Washington game Week one, and I was on that sideline and that hit reverberated in more ways than one.
Speaker 5: I can't tell you how many guys said.
Speaker 6: That set the tone for the rest of that game in a lot of ways, for the Cardinals identity on defense.
Speaker 5: Just take us through that play and that big hit on the Washington quarterback.
Speaker 8: You know he just started scrambling, and you know he's young, you know, his first start. You know, I just wanted to slow him down a little bit. Put a guy, you know, just put a good lick on him a little bit, just to you know, try to set the tone early.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you don't have fine for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so I know, I don't want to make light of it, okay, but it might.
Speaker 6: Have been money well invested in some ways and the identity this defense. Maybe it showed up on film. I know the Giants cited it going into that game. But how tough is it to tackle a quarterback in today's NFL?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Sorry, because I feel like you just got to go up there and you kind of got to think about how you're going to hit him, and it kind of handicap you.
Speaker 1: I want to say, slow you down a lot.
Speaker 8: You know, you hit him too low penalty, you hit you are penalty, You hit him up high penalty, right, and then if you don't hit him, they'll just like two years ago when I was with the Chargers, you know, let up on a quarterback and he scored. Uh it's the guy that Broncos quarterbacks years younger guy he's with Jul jew Luck.
Speaker 2: Yeah score. So wow, I got to learn my lessons. Don't get me started. Yeah, don't get me started. I'm sorry, man, It just honestly, right now, the way they protect quarterbacks, they've gone overboard.
Speaker 1: They have in my opinion.
Speaker 6: Well, and look, Josh Shabbs Jack stopped the free safety at the goal line, right, but you can't tell me that free safety is out.
Speaker 1: They thought he was gonna slide.
Speaker 5: Is he gonna slide? Is he gonna No, he's not gonna slide. Now it's too late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had a dis event. You got a disavente Hey.
Speaker 6: Episode sixty four of the Day Pash Podcast featuring former quarterback ESPN College Football and US Craig McElroy, available now wherever you get your podcasts on Twitter at pash pod. We continue, we'll talk more about this old West Virginia thing, exactly how you went from a receiver in dB in high school to an NFL middle linebacker. I want that answer on the Big Red Rage with Kaiser White, brought to you by Santan Ford in Gilbert.
Speaker 2: Kaiser White, just up the temple for everybody out on this shield right now between the White Lions.
Speaker 5: What are you going to do about A message has been sent?
Speaker 1: What is that message? David?
Speaker 4: That messages we will fight you and Kaiser White's a thumber.
Speaker 1: He has been all over the field and he is a physical guy as well.
Speaker 4: Kaizer White boy turned on the Jets to get to the quarterback. Yeah, Kaiser White and run him flying in there at the end is Kaizer White.
Speaker 1: It's a culture of physicality, is what this is about.
Speaker 4: He's a very physical player and one of the reasons why the Cardinals wanted to bring him over when Jonathan Gannon.
Speaker 5: Got the job. What a big play by Kaizier White.
Speaker 2: Kaiser White getting off and awful lot of blocks right now and making tackles, hit and sacked by Kaiser Kaizer White, Manhunter track in back, Kaizer White.
Speaker 6: Ash and Wolf on the Arizona Cardinals Radio Network. Two games into this season. Let's see nine tackles a team I against Washington. Seven tackles in a sack against the Giants. Cardinals starting middle linebacker Kaizer White is our guest. It is the Big Red Rage presented by Santanford and Gilbert Live from the Top Golf Swing Suite inside Hila River Resorts and Casino, Wild Horse Pass, Paul kelvc Ron Wolfley.
Speaker 5: So let's see Wolf here.
Speaker 6: If you're gonna go ahead and you're searching for a mic linebacker. You want to check the box of speed sideline to sideline. Gotta have speed, Paul, Okay, thumper, as Dave Pash said, right there, not that Dave would know anything about that thumper okay.
Speaker 2: Also known as a dirt liquor. PAULM I see somebody that is low to the ground and will hit.
Speaker 6: You and then able to wear the green dot and called the defense and make all the checks.
Speaker 5: All right, smart high IQ.
Speaker 6: So okay, I guess those of the three boxes, Kaizier you need to check for your job description.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, yeah, definitely. Man.
Speaker 2: You know not only that too, I would say leader. Have you always been a leader?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I would assume so, but just a lead by example guy. I don't really like to do too much talk. And then I talk when when I need to. But you know, I never wanted to beat those guys, one of those guys that just talk and don't you know, I have it show up on the field. So I'll just you know, I try to lead by example.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, like, can you give us an instance as to how bad happens, how that actually happens?
Speaker 1: Your leadership is it out on the field.
Speaker 8: Typically, yeah, out on the field, but you know you practice field. Me is just trying to do things the right way. And for like younger guys, when they see you doing things the right way, they just gonna follow you.
Speaker 6: Well, Victor dmukage, right, he is having a great start right this season. He met the media on Monday. I'm quoting now talking about Kaizer White quote he came to OTAs making plays, had to pick his first practice. Well respected guys know he takes the game seriously. I'm guessing if you want to play for Jonathan Gannon and Nick Rowlis, because you know them very well from your Philly you know season last year, you better take the game seriously to play god.
Speaker 1: It take it serious. So you're gonna be up out here for sure.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just gonna surmise.
Speaker 1: You tell me.
Speaker 5: There were certain players who stayed, and there are certain players who win.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 5: The guys who stayed are ultra serious about the game, are they not?
Speaker 1: Definitely? Definitely, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: So leadership comes in a lot of different forms and many many times it's not just what you say out on the field. Most of the time, as you've already said it's more about doing out on the field first. You have to do before you can say what the best leaders do and then say, for sure, the best leaders do first, and then they say, but they also aren't afraid to walk up on a teammate and say, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, like, what are you doing? Okay? Holding each they're accountable. How much of that do you do? Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I do that, you know when I need to. And you know, I feel like you got to know who you're doing it to as well, because some people might not react to it well. So you know, I feel like you just got to know your teammates and know you know how to bring out the best in them.
Speaker 6: Who are some of the good leaders when you were younger? You were a fourth round pick twenty eighteen by the Chargers. Who were some of the leaders on that team?
Speaker 8: You respond, Thomas Davis, uh Casey Hayward. He was probably one of the best guys I've been around, for sure. And then in Philly last year, Brandon Graham. Yeah, definitely a great leader. Well, Miss Davis. Thomas Davis, Yeah, I played with Carolina. He was the fastest lineback on the team two year, fifteen or whatever it was for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I played. He was a great leader. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: He is one of the greatest weak side great player in the history in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I agree with you. You could do it all right with you? After three A cl every man, Thomas, Yeah, yeah, wow. All right.
Speaker 6: Well here's your defensive coordinator, Nick Rowlis, who played himself some inside linebacker at the University of Minnesota. Just on the growth of Kaizer White.
Speaker 11: He's taken a step as a leader in Philly. It was a very veteran group and he was you know, it was his first year there. He was new to it, so he didn't necessarily step into a leadership role. I feel like he's done that. He's always been a high energy, violent dude on the field that can run. It's just cool seeing him in the green dot, seeing him as a captain and a guy that's that's leading the charge. You know, I got a soft spot for Kaizier. You know, he's a really good teammate.
Speaker 5: And I love that about him. Right.
Speaker 6: So, James Connor, once upon a time was recruited as a defensive lineman defensive ended Pitt and now he's an.
Speaker 5: NFL running back. You were a high school receiver and quarner corner, yeah, and.
Speaker 6: Now you're an NFL middle linebacker. Just just take us through your evolution. Maybe maybe did you have a lake Gross Spurf, like what's going on?
Speaker 1: Definitely had a great lake Gross.
Speaker 8: I always been like the smallest on my team, like growing up my whole life. My dad was the same way. When he left for college, he was five five, came back after a year with six three. So, like, I was real frustrated in high school, Like my freshman year, I was probably like I want to say, five three maybe, And I was frustrated when him, like dad, you know all my brothers was tall. My little sister she was taller than me, So I was real frustrated. He was just like, you know, your time gonna come and you're gonna grow. And then going into my senior year, I started getting taller, so I started, you know, sprouting up and filling out more.
Speaker 2: You know for me though, guys here, you know, just that transformation. It's not just the physicality. It's not just your frame and how much you grew and how much bigger you got, things of that nature.
Speaker 1: That's a mentality shit.
Speaker 2: For sure, when you're going from wide receiver in corner to mike linebacker. And for me right now, this is just me and I know you know it. You're probably gonna know this people that are listening. Right, full back and like linebacker the toughest positions.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just saying right now, the topest position on the field. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Now they don't meet as often as they once did left position, but you know, I mean talk about how do you go from being a wide receiver to a like linebacker mentality wise?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got it. I'll come from a big family and you know, I'm one to seven and I'm the youngest boy. So uh, my dad and my brothers, they was always real rough and tough with me, so like we couldn't be no punks in our house. But I feel like that that helped me out a lot, you know what I mean. So yeah, I feel like that that really helped me.
Speaker 6: Well, your older brother, Kevin White was a top ten draft pick as a receiver, right right, and then you have another brother who played college ball.
Speaker 8: Yeah right, we played three out of four years together, Karan White.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, okay, So so this is all like, this is your life, guys, you're white because in March we had on your junior college coach Mark Dude once again, Wolf your former teammate.
Speaker 1: My teammate.
Speaker 2: He was my roommate on the road of course, whatever we travel, my rookie year, Mark Dudah one of my best friends even to this day right now, love Mark Dudah. But he was my he was my roommate. Man, w we would travel. Do you have roommates anymore when you go on the road. Maybe the rookies, maybe the rookies. Okay, yeah, it's in his contract, let me tell you. And it was across the NFL too. It was across the NFL where everybody had a room.
Speaker 1: My rookie year, I had a roommate and stuff.
Speaker 6: Okay, you go, okay, all right, So I'm going to screw up the name. So the name of the college. Mark Dudah has been the head coach at for thirty years and recently earned his two hundredth win.
Speaker 5: What's the name, Lackawana, Lackawanna. Here's Mark Dudah on Kayzer White.
Speaker 6: This is really our first introduction to the Cardinals starting middle linebacker Way back in March.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's always been super enthusiastic. You'll call him on the phone and the son of the go pick the thing up and start talking about the game, like rafted games over Like that guy. I'm like, oh, here we go. He should have been born in like nineteen sixty one or something. You know that kind of you'll love him. I mean, he'll never have a day where he doesn't want to play.
Speaker 1: That's all just the way the kid is.
Speaker 12: You never have to tell the kid. Y'll come on, let's get it going.
Speaker 5: You're love of the game.
Speaker 1: Still there, Yeah, still there. It ain't never leave ing man.
Speaker 5: And he's not kidding, like you pick up the phone, you'll talk ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he not kidding.
Speaker 8: But he helped that too though, Like just being at Lakwana, he enforces that.
Speaker 1: How did he help you though do that? How did he help you make that adjustment? He had like a real strict policy. You know, we had mandatory breakfast.
Speaker 8: You miss that, you're gonna be up at five o'clock the next day running suicide. You late the practice, He's gonna discipline you. You know you don't have a what too? What was it maybe a three to zero or two seven and three zero g PA, You're not going to be on the team because you know, he, like I said, he give us another chance at life to you know, make our dreams come true to go Division one.
Speaker 1: So he was real.
Speaker 8: He made sure he disciplined this the right way at uh, you know, Lackawana, and I feel.
Speaker 1: Like he turned you know, boys to men. Man.
Speaker 2: I love hearing that, or really to itself. It's so so many stories. Football, of course, loves the wretched. I always say this loves the down trodden, loves the hungry that you want you put a mouthguard in a helmet on somebody that is hungry to go out and perform, and this game will love you, you know.
Speaker 1: And to me.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that it's also a very disciplined game. Isn't it part of who you are? Definitely there's a discipline. So how is j G when it comes to being disciplined with you guys, you know.
Speaker 1: We just all hold each other accountable.
Speaker 8: And the thing I like about JG and Rales is, uh, you know, they hold their themselves accountable as well. You know, before they call anybody else out, they call themselves out first in front of everybody. So I feel like, uh, maybe guys on the team maybe weren't used to that, you know, at different places they've been that. So I feel like they know they could trust, like these group of coaches that we got, because you know, you don't really see too many coaches doing nothing now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a lot of people like to point fingers and uh, you know JG and uh Rileis. You know, even since last year when I met him, they've been the same way. They called themselves out first before they start point fingers out.
Speaker 1: Ah. God.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So you mentioned your dream of getting a D one scholarship when he went to Lakawana eighteen nineteen year old Kaizier White. Could you have ever realistically dreamed of an NFL career at that point?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I did, not to sound cocky, but that's all I missed my own real life.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I didn't want to donne us my whole life. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But when you finished collegeball, you were a safety, so were you kind of considered a tweiner?
Speaker 5: Did you have to show the NFL you could play linebacker?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean when I got drafted, Uh, Tom te LESCo called me from the charters the GM over there, and he was like, yeah, we want you to play linebacker. And I remember my brother keV, he was right by me. I mute at the fun I'm like, I'm back at that. Yeah, you know what I mean. But I'm like, man, let's let's do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I really wanted to play safety in the NFL, though. I think I could be a strong safety.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so yeah, no doubt. Yeah, wait, you still want to place I like linebacker?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah.
Speaker 8: When I was coming out, that's what I was likewounds when I was coming out.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Im Becker sounded kind of crazy to me at first.
Speaker 5: By the way, did you guys win or lose the backyard brawl?
Speaker 1: By the way, Oh we won? Yeah we won.
Speaker 5: Really West Virginia one. Huh, Mortgage, did you text Wolf? Did you text?
Speaker 1: Fits? Let him have it? He actually texted me in the middle of it. I'm just saying, that's good. That's how classy he is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's cool, that's good. You're right, Wolf, that's that's true.
Speaker 6: You know, you know you were just about to taste you know, text him, Hey, taste that fits. And then he was used class here in the absolutely check in with you. Okay, hey, single game tickets on sale now. Got Azycardinals dot com slash buy tickets to secure your seats today. Well, speaking of safety, we'll talk about Buddha Baker. We'll get into that when we come back. It is the Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert. We are alive at the top Golf Swing Suite inside of Her Resorts in Casino. Wild horse pass Connor off the left side, got a crease thirty thirty five, forty Connor forty five and Bindley putting down a bounds in the forty seven gives to Connor up right tackle for the twenty cutback left side fifteen to.
Speaker 4: Ten spins out of a tackle there, throw an arm tackle at the five and down at the floor twenty one yard game. James Connor calling for the crowd to celebrate his physicality.
Speaker 1: E five folds Fum said.
Speaker 4: James Corner gave the Connor off the left side and into the end zone for the first offensive tuckdown of twenty twenty three for the Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Flat shovel, flat face, handed off to James Connor. Let him find the light and that's what he did.
Speaker 6: Great stuff, fashion wolf, great call there James Conner Great Game twenty three carries one hundred and six yards nearly five yards of carry. And I tell you, you know you're in the NFL when a guy the size and the brutality of James Connor is running the full fall. That's when you realize, Okay, yeah, we'll let those guys go between the white lines. It is the Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert. We are at the top golf swing Suite inside the Evil River Resorts and Casino Wild Horse Pass our special guest kay Zra White, middle linebacker.
Speaker 5: Or the Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 6: And I tell you what was amazing to me about Connor? And you hear this from a lot of guys, and you tell me true or false? Is that how many times late in second halfs of games? There are plenty of players who will turn it down for sure. Yeah, wearing a defense down can be.
Speaker 5: Very real, can it?
Speaker 1: Definitely? Man?
Speaker 5: And how do you know?
Speaker 6: How do you know when you're watching an opposing defense and Connor's doing his stuff?
Speaker 5: Can you just see it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know they turn it down. Hits jogging.
Speaker 8: You know you can tell they don't really, you know, want to keep tackling twenty four to seven.
Speaker 6: I'm not getting off this block. Oh boy, I'm getting blocked here. I can't get to the running back.
Speaker 1: So you definitely said, yeah, how what is it like.
Speaker 2: Though, guys there honestly to tackle because I know when you first started playing football, the rule of the helmet wasn't nearly as obvious as it is now. It just seems to be in your face literally where you can't hit a guy with your helmet right now. How how much of an adjustment has it been for you from when you first started playing tackle football to now tackling somebody in the National Football League.
Speaker 8: It's got to be night and day. Yeah, no, definitely, man. I feel like when I first started playing, everybody was out there just tackling recklessly and with the head and stuff, no penalties. But now it's like, you know, you get fined, you got a little.
Speaker 1: Thinking about it.
Speaker 2: When you're actually trying to tackle somebody, you're thinking about where you don't want to you don't want to think about it.
Speaker 1: I want to slow you down.
Speaker 8: But also you bet start thinking about it, you're gonna keep losing your money.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, there is thet I guess So.
Speaker 6: The other memory I have that James Connor in this game being on the sideline is after Josh Dobbs touchdown run twenty three yards and he jack stamps the pre safety at the goal line and Connor, I think he was the only guy more excited than Josh Dobbs. He was all animated on the sideline and he's yelling and pointing at his helmet saying, it's a mindset. It is, it's a mindset. What explaining that different? What does that mean when he says those words.
Speaker 8: It's just some everything you know, as a mindset of if you go out there and feel like you're you're gonna play a good game and you're a great player, you're gonna play like that. But you know if you go out there and not really confident in yourself on the field, that's gonna show as well. So you know, I feel like you are what you think. So I think with James just you know, saying that, you could tell this was like a different.
Speaker 1: Josh compared to the week one. You know, he got there late.
Speaker 8: You know, that's tough to go out there and start on Sunday against a great defense and watch it'son you know play at a high level. And I still think he did a great job for the short notice, but you could see that it was a big difference from week one and week two from him, and I think it's just all mindset.
Speaker 2: Can you put into words for people that are listening right now what that actually does for a football team when you got a guy that goes out there and trucks somebody out on the field.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I think he set the tone for sure. Just seeing that's like, wow, you know a quarterback. You don't really see quarterbacks trying to run people over, so you know, to run over to safety and also score and you know, spike the ball as a defense, we're it's going to get on the field.
Speaker 2: For me, Paul, the most demoralizing thing that could happen to a football team is the other team lines up and runs the ball right down your throat.
Speaker 1: That to me, in the game of football.
Speaker 2: When we talk about mindset, when we talk about mentality, and you talk about physicality, you talk about we're trying to build this culture right now, when a team can line up and run the ball right down your throat ad nauseum, it's the most demoralizing thing that can happen to.
Speaker 1: You in a game.
Speaker 2: It really is, and it's something that I think James Connor has the ability to do for sure because of the fact that he will truck a guy.
Speaker 1: For sure. You talk about how bad is it's a real element. It's you know, yeah, mono e mono.
Speaker 8: Like you said, if somebody's just you know, running the ball thirty times, you know, during the game and you can't stop him, it's kind of like demoralizing as a defense. Yeah, So, like you said, I definitely think James is capable of doing that every week for sure.
Speaker 6: I can't tell you how many times I've seen the defense come off the bench when a running back for the Cardinals will truck someone, and then when that quarterback does it, they just go bananas. So Number two most frustrating might be you tell me, when you get an athletic quarterback who's really hard to contain. Yeah, what's that like? Because a lot of teams have that sort of athlete a quarterback.
Speaker 8: It just brings, you know, another dimension to the game that you gotta you know, worry about, Like you know, if you're playing Daniel Jones, Lamar Jackson and Jalen hurts somebody like that. He definitely got a key for HM where they can eat you up on the ground.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: Those quarterbacks you just mentioned right there, who's the toughest tackle, who's the tough.
Speaker 1: Dalen hurts something? Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I tell you I wouldn't mind seeing Josh Dobbs run it more. He's one of the all time great duel threat quarterbacks in SEC history.
Speaker 5: He's right up there with the Luminaries in his career. He can really run. And then of course the Cardinals have.
Speaker 6: QB one K one, Yeah, who might be the most athletic quarterback he is in the league.
Speaker 5: And I bring that up because.
Speaker 6: Kyler, well, Wolf alerted this us to it because Wolf's all over TikTok so so Wolf saw that the TikTok video of Kyler's workout, okay, and and on the workout he put the words, look, I've never missed the game like this, I mentioning to get back, you learn a lot about yourself. And we had a chance to ask zach Ertz about that, because the two of them rehab together a lot in the offseason about just how they helped each other in the process.
Speaker 13: Right, And we're here every day we saw each other, We pushed each other, we supported each other.
Speaker 5: No one else saw that.
Speaker 13: But at the same time, it's the price that you have to pay to get back to being great.
Speaker 1: It's not easy.
Speaker 13: It's not what you want to do by any means. It's not what you sign up for when you play football to deal with these long term injuries.
Speaker 1: But it's part of the game.
Speaker 13: And I was lucky to have him in my corner and throughout the entire rehab process, and I hope he feels the same.
Speaker 5: How curious, How intrigued are you to eventually play with Kyler Murray?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, I'm very intrigued.
Speaker 8: You know, he'd been beating up on me since I've been playing against him, you know, in college and stuff like that, because he went to Oklahoma, so you know, both in the Big twelve. So I'm definitely intrigued to see what he did.
Speaker 2: So, you know, coming off a serious injury, of course, that always is going to mess with you.
Speaker 1: There's there's no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: I would say, just any kind of injury, you have to be even if you go out there and roll an ankle, you have to be sure mentally once you back out on the field that it's not going to roll again. You have to have You ever dealt with that kind of mindset and injuries. What worst injury that you had?
Speaker 8: Oh, I messed my moniscus up and tore a PCL. Okay, and I did that at Lakawana, So like that was like a did you get surgery? I didn't get. There's the thing PCL. You just kind of let a hill on the holl. But it was still messing with me. When I got to West Virginia, I had to wear like a big a CL brace and stuff like that. So I just had to get over to like the middle. Uh, you know, the hurdle of it. Yeah, for sure. And then I was like dragging my leg because I had to brace and I wasn't used to using that. So yeah, but once I got over that, I was back to myself.
Speaker 6: And of course, another perennial pro bowler that you're without right now Buddha Baker. He's got the hamstring injury. He's gonna be going for at least the next four games. Just quantify the loss of Buddha to this defense.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, that's a huge loss. You know, he's the leader on this defense. He's been here for what seven years? Pro Bowl guy, one of the best afeties in the game. You know, a relentless guy. You know, great leader, great player, you know, even better person. So you know, it's definitely a big loss.
Speaker 6: What have you admired about his game in a few months you've been with the team, What have you admired about just watching him play?
Speaker 8: Because like, when I stand by him, he seemed like a real little guy, and then you know he put the pads on and stuff like that. He's just fearless, relentless anybody, he don't care how big or small. So yeah, that's what I really admire about him.
Speaker 1: It's one of the things I loved the moves to.
Speaker 2: I mean, we had defensive coordinators here that would call it running into the darkness, would run the darkness. I love that. That's who he is. There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: He's from Seattle. What was it two years ago?
Speaker 6: Three years ago he knocked out to Seattle running backs in the same game. I Mean, it's like, where where does he get this ability? He's definitely for sure, he is fearless, for sure. In fact, I'm not so sure. In the second half of that game last week at boot us out there, maybe just maybe there's a bit of a different outcome.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about that. We'll talk about the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: What's coming the Cardinals way, and it's a team you know very well based on last year. Right single game tickets on sale now at Azycardinals dot com, slash buy tickets to secure your seats. Today we continue kai Zer White starting Mike linebacker for the Arizona Cardinals. It is the Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert live from the Top Golf Swing Suite inside Hemu River Resorts and Casino.
Speaker 5: Wild Horse pass.
Speaker 4: Fresh dot in the gun back is on his left snap, goes back, look into his left looking looking checks it down.
Speaker 1: Ferguson the one.
Speaker 4: Blaine Drugger the pilot, touchdown first and goal at the one, straight eye formation play fake looking.
Speaker 5: Right left throws at the ends.
Speaker 1: Dot com.
Speaker 4: This is the first professional catch and touchdown for Luke scoon Maker.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 6: The Cowboys Radio Network Brad Sham there Dak Prescott thirty one to thirty eight, two fifty five, two touchdowns, no picks, a passer rating a one to twelve plus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty efficient. In a win against the Jets.
Speaker 6: Cowboys are two and zero and they are up next at State from Stadium on Sunday, we are talking to Kaizier White about all that and more on the Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert and we are live at the top Golf Swing Suite inside He lou River Resorts and Casino Wild Horse Pass. So, all right, we all see the Cowboys. We can't help but see the Cowboys. They get all the national media attention. Okay, ad nauseum. But what do you see on film with this offense? Because really the defense is beginning most of the headlines. Yeah, yeah, what do you see in this Cowboys offense?
Speaker 8: You know, I think Dak Prescott is doing a really good job, you know with the offense. I feel like Tony Polard is playing really well. And you know, they got a great receiver in Ceedee Lamb. So I feel like they got a real, you know, explosive offense and I'm looking forward to the challenge.
Speaker 2: Boy, there are so many things I want to ask you about the offense right now, but I'm gonna start with their offensive line. Okay, Tyron Smith, of course, yes, exactly, Zach Martin, this is still a very good offensive line right now.
Speaker 1: Would you agree with that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I definitely, Yeah, I definitely agree. You know, they're gritty, you know, like you said, they got two Hall of Famers on that offensive line.
Speaker 1: They're very well coached and they just play the game and right way. Do they use a lot of power scheme or is it more zone scheme? What do you use a little bit a little bit of both.
Speaker 8: I feel like the Cowboys they always just want to, you know, play mono a mono football, and you know, I feel like they take their pros. You know, we're better than you, bigger, stronger than you, and uh, you know, I feel like they play like real real football man.
Speaker 2: Do you think they run more vertically than they do horizontally?
Speaker 8: I think they mix it up. They mix it up. They're gonna do a lot of different things for scheme, Yeah, zone stretches, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like they got a good mix of everything. Do they ever go to back? Yeah? Yeah they do? Here and okay, get a full back in there? Is that what you're saying? No, heir and there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might be a tight end actually lined up, by the way, Paul It tries me crazy.
Speaker 1: It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Well, the reason being is because they don't really block like a full they don't.
Speaker 1: And you know this, you know what I'm talking about. They go with no more man, that's right.
Speaker 2: They go in there tight ends, folks, when they run a nice how I'm just telling you right now, they're they're playing Patty Cake for the ball.
Speaker 1: Spark full back is gonna go in there?
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, see I got to step in here at some point, guys here, because Paul, it's the true half the teams in the league don't even carry a full back today.
Speaker 1: Okay, this the wolf.
Speaker 5: Half the players in the Hall of Fame would be full backs.
Speaker 2: By the way, Paul, there are eighteen teams that actually have a full back listing on the roster.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about here.
Speaker 6: Here's you know, I like to talk about the silacious Okay, the sensational with the Dallas Cowboys. Do you hear Jerry Jones went on his radio show and he took a shot at Mike mc carthy because Tony Pollard in a blowout game, got ten.
Speaker 5: Touches in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I didn't even hear that.
Speaker 6: So Jerry Jones went on the air and said, I don't know why we're wearing out our running back in the fourth corner.
Speaker 1: And so there's still the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Okay, they still So with all that going on, here's your defensive coordinator, Nick rawlis just on facing quarterback Dak Prescott.
Speaker 11: Dak can beat you, drop him back, he can beat you throwing quick game, he can beat you play action, boot getting out of the pocket, throwing in the pocket, throwing on time, not on time, extending plays like That's hard to defend when people are not one dimensional is pick your poison, what do you want to take away? And whatever you end up taking away, you better do a good job with the other things and winning your point of attack one on one. So Dak is well rounded. He's playing really efficient right now.
Speaker 6: So there's Nick Rowlis, your defensive coordinator. And you're not going to say it, but I will. I mean, Dak Prescott can be really good or he can be really the opposite. Here's a guy who led the NFL in interceptions last year and he did it in only twelve game. So you know, what do you have to do against Dak Prescott? To what degree is he a threat to get out of the pocket like a Daniel Jones. What are the keys here? I think he'll surprise you with his feet.
Speaker 8: I definitely think he can get out of the pocket like a Daniel Jones. I feel like he's a I feel like he's a good quarterback man. I know he get a lot of screwtiney, but I feel like he's a good quarterback. I know he you know, threw a lot of interceptions last year. Hopefully he could give us a lot this Sunday. But yeah, I feel like he's a good quarterback man. I went throw no shade at him.
Speaker 2: What do you think about their third down offense so much of the time situational? Yeah, offensive defense is so important. How do they look on third down?
Speaker 1: I think they look good.
Speaker 8: I feel like they got a lot of good pieces on the offensive vent and I feel like overall they're just a well, you know, rounded team.
Speaker 6: And then you have Michaeh Parsons. I know he doesn't play on the opposite side of the ball, but here's a guy who I mean, he's leading the NFL in several categories. All the analytics are all about Michaeh Parsons. He's never been more confident. They asked him after you had a bigger game against the Jets, right after the game on the field NFL network, when don't you know you're gonna take over the game? And his answer was on camera Monday. So he comes in and, uh, they'll.
Speaker 1: Move him anywhere.
Speaker 6: How unique is that in the NFL. They'll take a guy and they'll literally put him anywhere in the front seven.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I think he, like you said, uh, you know, he's a jack all trades. He could do everything, specially talent. And you know, I know a lot of people that know him and they say a lot of good things about him.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he's definitely a great player.
Speaker 2: You know, that's so difficult I think about it right now. There's a lot of people that look at Michael Parsons and they say he's he's the next Lawrence Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what dad is. Do you remember LT?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, seriously, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, I can tell you right now, Lawrence Taylor was the greatest football player that ever played.
Speaker 1: That's just my opinion, right.
Speaker 2: Aaron Donald closing the game, Well, you know, Aaron Donald is really really good. There's no doubt about that he's excellent, but LT changed the game. Yeah, so he changed the game complete how offensive coordinators blocked, the slide protection of the offensive line, and what you had to do to actually play.
Speaker 1: You couldn't block LT with a running back, you could not do it.
Speaker 2: He dominated his era when he played, and he's still I think could step into the NFL tite right now, dominate right now.
Speaker 1: Michaeh.
Speaker 2: Parsons is a different body type though, for sure, he's a different cat for all together. Man, So he does remind me a lot because I do think there's gonna be a lot of teams that are going to look for a Michaeh. Parsons type coming out of college. Oh, he's a Micah Parsons. Where it was find the next del team, find the next LT.
Speaker 1: We have to do that.
Speaker 2: I think the NFL is going to be saying, find the next Micah Parsons.
Speaker 6: The thing is, it took him thirty years to find the next LTE and Michael Parsons, you know, It's what This whole start of the season is like a reunion tour for you, NFC East.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy, I mean, like going.
Speaker 5: Against these these teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I like it.
Speaker 8: I love the NSC east Man for like, that's a great uh you know conference, and yeah, man.
Speaker 1: It's dope for you know, play against us.
Speaker 6: You still have beef with some of the other guys across the last scriptge from last year. I ain't gonna say that.
Speaker 1: Uh you know.
Speaker 8: I definitely learned to hate, you know, the cowboys as being a pelly last year.
Speaker 1: And my parents, my dad and my brother's.
Speaker 6: The cowboys man, So I did give me a little little little as you.
Speaker 2: Know, everybody hates the cowboys with the star on their helmet.
Speaker 1: For sure. It did make a nice target though.
Speaker 6: Definitely, well, that's a great way to end it. There's no doubt on your hatred for the Cowboys. That's a great way to Kaiser White.
Speaker 1: We really sure thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: I really enjoyed it, and I tell you we can't say enough thanks to our partners here Heealo River Resorts and Casinos for being such great hosts. Let's hear it from them. Everybody come see him right here yourself at wild Horse past the third Gang. Thanks for showing up. This has been the Big Red Rage presented by by Santan Ford and Gilbert we are Santanford.
Speaker 3: Y'all, You've been listening to the Big Red Rage, presented by santan Ford and Gilbert right on the Price, right on the corner of the Santan two to two Freeway in val Vista. The Rage is brought to you by seat Geek your ticket to Great Seats, and by Arizona Cardinals Podcast. Visit azcardinals dot com slash podcast. This has been an exclusive presentation of the Arizona Cardinals football Club.