Speaker 1: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening.
Speaker 2: You are tuned in to the Vitamin D with Dawn Day podcast and I am your host, Dawn Day get to get you excited about your life so that you can live life on purpose and for a purpose. If this is your first.
Speaker 1: Time tuning in and welcome Vitamin D.
Speaker 3: It's a point of my name.
Speaker 2: My name is Dawn and you get Vitamin D from the sun. So I'm here shed light into your life. And I do this with inspirational insights and conversations with celebrities and everyday people like you and me, Because if you want to be better and you want to do better, then you're going to have to be able to see better.
Speaker 1: So join me on this journey of living.
Speaker 2: Our best lives and understanding and realizing how you are your greatest asset. Get your vite in.
Speaker 4: Mandy right here with me and get excited about your life.
Speaker 2: Well, hello there, I know it's been a minute, right, We're getting back in the swing of things. It's kind of like that thing in life you have to just put one foot in front of the other, and then one foot front of the other, and you realize that when you go inch by inch life's ascent because we all know that when you go yard by yard, life is hard. And I'm so excited about this conversation. We've had the executive director, Pam McClay join us a couple of times to talk about the work that she's doing with her organization, Living Advantage, and how they are truly the moms and dads of Foster Youth, which is so important because when we say the children are the future, well then we have to ask ourselves, well, what are our children looking like? Because that's an indication of what our future will be like. And so with this conversation, we're going to discuss how now the organization is stepping on to a new feed and that is the opening of the Living Advantage Youth Center. So without further ado, please help me welcome. We have Katie and Summer with Living Advantage.
Speaker 3: Hey, John, thank you.
Speaker 2: With each of you, can you just briefly share who you are and what do you do with Living Advantage and we can start with you Katie.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So my name is Katie everybody, and I am the communications director.
Speaker 3: I've got many hats though in.
Speaker 5: A nonprofit you kind of work in all different parts of the organization, but with this event, it's kind of me in Summer or just taking full force making sure it happens, making sure we have the people that we want there, the speakers, all that kind of stuff all set in place, just for an enjoyable experience for the community to come out and see it.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Yes, and what about you Summer.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So I'm also working in the communication and strategic partnerships, working with some of our donors, speaking with some of the some of the people that we like to have support us, which is great. I'm just building those and I'm also just Katie's right hand woman.
Speaker 3: Yes, whatever I need, Summer does it.
Speaker 2: So for anybody that's unclear, now, I did just say that Living Advantage are the moms and dads of Foster Youth.
Speaker 1: Can you guys just go a little bit of detail of what.
Speaker 2: Living Advantage, who are, what Living Advantage is, and what you all do.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So we're actually in our thirty first year. Now.
Speaker 5: Last year we did the whole thirtieth anniversary, the big celebration, but now we're actually entering that thirty first year and it's a great time because you know, for the past thirty years we've been dealing with foster youth group homes, working with youth in the foster care system, providing them life skills, just anything they need to become successful adults. But now we're transitioning into opening a youth center. So now we're going to have a lot more services that are more in person and more hands on, community center.
Speaker 3: All that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: So it's going to be a whole new, little little phase for us in our thirty first year. But we're super excited. We're moving to Crenshaw area, so we actually for LA people.
Speaker 3: We are in the USC.
Speaker 5: Area right now, so we're working with the kids mainly it's South LA. But we're moving to a new section the city and Crunshaw, new group of youths with different problems, different needs, and so we're excited to reach that new population.
Speaker 2: Okay, so just like we can rewind a little bit, this is so awesome with this youth center opening up. What is the dire need when we talk about foster youth, what is it that they need? I think sometimes we don't understand that oftentimes these young people don't have anywhere to go. Sometimes when they're dispersed in different homes, they don't have any identification, so then that you know, puts a restriction on them from even getting employment. So therefore, how can they really move forward in life? And how are you guys helping to mend that.
Speaker 3: Bridge somewhere you want to take this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, so there I think number one, there's there's like you mentioned, there's a lack of stability and there's a lack of guidance. I think sometimes that foster youth experience. So we're here to teach them life skills, actual practical life skills to whether it's housing, employment, whether it's education. We're here to provide and kind of and give them the resources that they need to be able to make those steps to take care of themselves. And apart from that, even with the records, I mean, we kind of are there from the beginning I said. I think I mentioned earlier we had middle school to age about like twenty five. Because even once you're write, even once you've gotten you know, you're eighteen, you rather that you still you're still young, you're a child. If you kind of put back to that age and you're supposed to, it's hard when you're already at a disadvantage and you're supposed to go out and kind of make a life for yourself, they still need someone to show them the way. So that's kind of where we're living. Advantage happens, and that's again why they call them moms and dads at fosters. You know, when you have a problem, you who do you go to? You go to your parents. So now if you are not able to do that, you still need someone to give you that guidance. So we're here to help out with those practical skills.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and John, you mentioned too, the identification, and that's like a big thing that we like to do. We are programs called e lock Box and so basically a lot of people don't know this, but foster youth.
Speaker 3: Have to move a lot.
Speaker 5: I can't remember the stats, but they move a lot of times during their time in foster care. And so when they're moving from house to house, sometimes they have time to move things and pick up all their stuff. Sometimes they don't. And so when they're moving background all of their like identification documents, a lot of times they get left behind. And so we all know it's hard to get a driver's license in general is hard to get you know, you lose your birth certificate, you lose Social Security card. All of that stuff is hard to get just for a person even with you know, a privileged background, a person who has resources. Now take these kids, they don't even know how to get that situated.
Speaker 3: Where do we go? How do like, how do you even get approach.
Speaker 5: That once you once you leave that behind. And so that's where we hear at living Advantage coming in and take them by the hand and just show them exactly where they're supposed to go, which departments. You know, we have contracts with La County Probation, La County as a whole, so we're able to direct them to the areas to get those those important documents, because there are things that you probably don't think about every day, but they're real pain. I mean, you can't even get a job, you can't even really do anything without those important documents.
Speaker 6: I think the stat is like seven they move seven to twenty times on average, So it's kind of insane. And the other reason is because I'm looking at it right now, I'm like, I haven't pulled up.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh wow, it's good.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, we just think about anything where whether you're starting a new diet plan, a workout regimen, even a new job. There has to be a level of consistency. And if we're talking about building the future, like you say, what are the.
Speaker 1: Tools that young people need?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: I was talking to a friend of mine at once, and she grew up in Foster Youth and when we were first met, I would call and we would tech.
Speaker 1: And now one day I called. She was like, I don't know who this is, and I'm like, I was almost offended.
Speaker 2: I'm like, girl, like what and she said, she said, because growing up she was moved around so much, she didn't feel it was a need to save people's numbers in her phone because she'd move and she wouldn't talk.
Speaker 1: To them or see them anymore.
Speaker 2: And immediately my heart dropped, I mean because immediately that's you know, I heard bells and whistles of abandonment, rejection, and that whole idea of not being wanted. That's to me, that just takes it to another level. So, but thank goodness for organizations such as Living Advantage. You guys are opening up the Youth Center. It's taking place on Thursday, May thirtieth and opening up on Crenshaw Boulevard.
Speaker 1: And what can we expect with this.
Speaker 5: Event, Well, we can expect, so it's going to be a whole rubin cutting. That's how we're going to start it off. So we'll have like the Beverly Hills Chambers actually doing the cutting for us as members of the Chamber, and so they're helping us celebrate this milestone because after the thirtieth will be open. So it's gonna be the big scissors, the whole ribbon cutting. It's gonna be really cool. So we're gonna cut that ribbon and then we're all going to walk in upstairs. You'll get to see the different areas and it's gonna be very techy because that's what our ed Pamela, she really wants our youth to be pursuing careers in tech because that is the future. And so we're gonna have we have several different rooms in the center, so because we expect a lot of people to come, everyone's going to be kind of in different rooms. But there is a tee, there's a bunch of TVs in every room, so you're still going to be part of the action even if you're not in the main room. And yeah, well we're gonna have special guests. The Chamber Chamber, the Krinsaw Chamber of Commerce is also going to be there. That President JC Lacy is going to be speaking. We have a super cool state resolution presentation from Isaac Bryan's office, which will be awesome.
Speaker 3: He's a California representative.
Speaker 1: And then we also have dealings with a foster youth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to foster care or he that's one of his priorities.
Speaker 5: So he's yeah, very close to home. I'm super excited about this. We also have people from our Keys Dawson's office coming out, Holly Mitchell's. So yeah, it's gonna be a really really exciting ceremony. You'll get to see the center, You'll get to see all.
Speaker 3: The tech that we're incorporating.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have a gaming area, which actually Summer is kind of working on too because she's a gamer, so somewhere I don't know if you want to talk about some of.
Speaker 6: That those pieces Patty Pimola was interested in, I mean, kids love games in general, so I think she was interested in what's a way that kids can learn more about tech and in general, like even just make money off the game. We can do that now with like these East sports leagues and scholarships and their scholarships for education. So I think that's something that she wants to lean into, and I think that would be absolutely incredible. I think that would get kids, not kids, you know, they're they're teenagers, but it would get them interested too. So that's something we're looking into. And that's just fun, and that's just fun in general.
Speaker 2: That is so awesome because oftentimes, you know, I think when individuals coming up in underserved communities and just because of not having the foundation, it's always been the notion of they've been a few steps behind. But like you said, introducing this organization and these programs that you offer are giving them the leverage to actually step ahead. So a lot of the work that you've been doing outside of the youth center opening and prior to it, what's going to make the work that you do different or how is it going to enhance now that there's an actual physical location for the youth.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, I mean with our virtual services, we've always been kind of ahead of the curve, you know, Pamela Reed, she's she said, she you know, was doing virtual services even before the pandemic, even before Zoom became a thing. She's always been that kind of thinking. But we also realized that, you know, virtual doesn't work for everyone. Sometimes it's hard to connect some areas. It's just like with some of her group homes too, We've noticed it's like getting all of those kids in one room on a computer can be hard to do without, you know, with the staff problems and all that kind of stuff. So having a place that's in person is just another way to reach more youths. So you know, we have a really big reach because of virtual, but then it's also limitation as well, so we're able to gather more more of the kids you know, in the community. And also with it being it's going to be right a couple of blocks from Crunshaw High so it's very close walking distance. You know, Lamert Parks right down the street. It's a very centralized area. So a lot of kids can you know, if they're able to learn about it and we have our outreach efforts and if all that successful, they're all going to see, oh cool, I can just go down the street.
Speaker 3: Let me learn how to do some gaming with summer or you know, let me.
Speaker 5: Do these different pieces and you know, tutoring and mentorship. You know, they need cal fresh sign ups like any of that stuff. Oh wow, you just drop in, drop into the center.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow. Kids just need a place to go to.
Speaker 6: You know, it's better than just there's so many alternatives to what you could be doing, and it can you can.
Speaker 3: Get into trouble.
Speaker 6: So it's just a place where you can actually just go and there's always going to be something of value for you to either learn or to participate in one year at the Youth Center.
Speaker 2: So at the Youth Center, who's part of the staff. Are there teachers from LAUSD, are there specialized technicians? How are these being set up? And also what are the hours that the youth can go there from what time to what time? And is it seven days a week or only during the week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very good question.
Speaker 5: So our staff and we are still kind of hiring staff for that, but we are having our case managers and tutors and I think we are looking for some mental health professionals to work in the center as well. But for now it's going to be very much kind of like scheduled like right after school, having kids come by.
Speaker 3: But that is the goal to you know, get to have more staff.
Speaker 5: So that we can stay open, you know, through the weekend. We can have that seven days, but for now it's looking like it's going to be you know, after school hours, dropping in just during the week.
Speaker 2: Okay, so about in the evening now we're now we're talking about getting the staff. Well, I got a couple of things. Everything's running first and foremost. You said something, especially with this economy right now, with so many individuals looking for jobs, how can people apply and where can they find this information?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're on. We're on.
Speaker 5: Indeed, that's our main one where people can apply, but you can always call our office line. You can visit our website Living Advantage in dot org. Our phone numbers three two three seven, three one six, we're seven to one, you know it. Just just give us a call because we are looking for we want very qualified individuals.
Speaker 3: Because you know, we've had a lot of people apply.
Speaker 5: They don't have a lot of experience, they don't really have a desire to work with youth, and so I mean, we'll forego like the experience if there's like a passion behind working with youth. But we just some of the applicants. It's just been tough hiring. I know, a lot of businesses are having the same problems. Yeah, it's like you're getting all these applicants. Tons of people are applying, but just you know, the passion's not there. They're just looking for something to work at. They're not really looking for something that because when you're working with kids, you cannot have people just coming in and leaving. You really need, especially with our population with foster youth, like you were saying to on earlier, like they need stability, they need someone who's gonna be with them for all this time, because it's you know, what's the point if you know they're let down by other people throughout their journey and then us who are here to serve these youth are you know it's a different person every week kind of thing like that's that's not acceptable and that's not what we're looking for.
Speaker 1: That was powerful right there, what you said.
Speaker 2: And I do want to highlight that because I'm always trying to figure out how we can bridge opportunities, how we can highlight different experiences. And so if you are looking and you want to help out the youth, or you're looking for some extra change and you know you have a gift in that area, understand what's going to be required of you. I definitely think it's great to always offer opportunities for individuals, but it's also important to know what you're showing up to the table for and if it's serving you what you need, what you thought you were in for. Because I think that that's so important, that support and it needs to be consistent.
Speaker 1: So thank you for highlighting on that.
Speaker 2: So they can go ahead and check out the website Living Advantage dot ink dot.
Speaker 3: Org, Living Advantage inc dot org.
Speaker 2: Yes, Living Advantage Incorporated. And then also so why they can check out the website they have the job postings on Indeed, another thing, so if you're hiring this staff, how much is this going to cost?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna cost a lot.
Speaker 2: So I'm saying for if a youth wants to sign up, do you have to pay to be a partner?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is absolutely free?
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, this is free.
Speaker 2: So why wouldn't somebody come after school to this program or to this youth center?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think our biggest thing is outreach and that's what we really are. Our new case manager, her name's also Amila, actually, who's going to be heading up that Youth Center project.
Speaker 3: She's been working with.
Speaker 5: Different events, different areas, just trying to get flyers out to you just to know about it, because you know, we can have all of these things, but if nobody knows about it, then you know, what's the point. And so that's been a huge part of like living advantages. That's why we're always about outreach. We're always about you know, a lot of our supporters like, oh, we get all these emails, but it's like we need to be sending all this stuff out because there's no point in doing this stuff know one else about.
Speaker 1: It, right. I love that that.
Speaker 2: I was Actually I just hosted an event over with Crenshaw YMCA with the executive director Aaron Hall, and then also with the organization called Solo Robotics, and they had it was just the South LA Youth Showdown, and so there were teams set up where they had the prime and the majors and they were actually building robots to complete different tasks. So immediately when you guys said how you're into the whole tech space or gaming, because that is the future of everything. I want to see if it's a way that I can help introduce you guys to build that relationship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that'd be super cool because having you know, a little robotics area in the center, Yeah, that would be awesome to have.
Speaker 3: Like maybe if that group.
Speaker 5: Comes out and does you know times scheduled things and we can you know, advertise to our kids like, hey, come out today, like we're having this, you know, this building robots like something that you probably wouldn't think of normally, but that's like a career path you could choose to get them excited about it.
Speaker 6: And we're always looking for collaborations in partnerships and donors and people in the community. We it's it's a great place to be in because we are open to anyone who wants to help and there's always a way to help them.
Speaker 1: There's always a need open.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whenever someone reaches out, we're like, let's see if we can make it happen.
Speaker 3: We don't, we don't really use no around here.
Speaker 5: We're like, whatever you bring to us, we will try and make it happen. Because you know, that's that's what this is all about. It's all about a united community. There's you know, we because we think about it too.
Speaker 3: With the foster youth.
Speaker 5: There are so many different agencies, different organizations. You've got adoption agencies, got service more agencies. But it all needs to be connected because there's so many different pieces to this that you know, youth are missing out in one area and so we'll.
Speaker 3: Do a lot of referrals too.
Speaker 5: With that are other organizations that we work with because you know, that's that's the whole thing. As long as the youth reaches out to someone, then we need to make sure that all other needs are met. And so we'll work with other organizations and their collaborations just to make sure that we can make sure this kid succeeds.
Speaker 2: Right, because that's the goal, this is the end game. We had to work together.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, In case you're wondering, we're discussing the Living Advantaged Youth Center. It's opening up on May thirtieth, which is a Thursday at forty seven hundred Crenshaw Boulevard. Now, for people who are wondering, how close or how far are you from the Crenshaw Mall.
Speaker 5: Just south probably like a couple of minutes. Honestly, it's just keep get rolling down past Limmert Park before it's right before Slawson. Okay, it between Slawson and for you where that Chase Bank corner.
Speaker 2: Is what that is?
Speaker 6: But yeah, right night down the street from Bohood minutes five minutes right there, okay, let logo right.
Speaker 3: There, so green.
Speaker 1: You talking about food, I like to right right.
Speaker 3: Right next to churches chicken too. Your church's chicken on one side on the other.
Speaker 2: Twenty okay, So in case you're wondering, it's right there in the area. It's right there in the community, you know oftentimes, And that's the reason Jennifer Lashley I need to have for on vitamin D because we need to shed light more on individuals who are working towards our future, especially when we're talking about young people right well, she is the executive director of the CEO, founder of Solo Robotics, who have this thing. She says, I've been in the education system for over twenty years. I've seen how tech is the way to go. Why is it that whenever I'm involved in the STEM program, which is science, Technology, Engineering math, I never see us? And so she decided to start her organization, which was back in twenty nineteen and now she's serving over thirteen schools and so what it highlights to me is now we need to branch it over so that these young people cannot live to their advantage or if they know someone because everybody knows someone else, right, So I just have to say thank you once again. I'm wondering too. I'm just thinking of Aaron Hall with YMCA. What does that look like with you dealing with other organizations such as that. Is there a way to bridge or how you guys can work together.
Speaker 1: There's always a way. That was so poetic.
Speaker 6: I was like, Yo, we're not in this is this is this is We're not in the space of competition at all. This is this is nonprofits and we're all helping. We all have the same goals. So there is always always a way.
Speaker 2: Hey, because otherwise we would be talking about things that serve as a disadvantage, but we're living advantage. You better catch you while it's hot. I just want to say to you guys. Really, you guys just lit something inside of me, and I want to say thank you.
Speaker 1: I have I have to.
Speaker 2: I'm following up with my listeners now, but it's been a while since I've been able to just record an episode just because everything is going to going on.
Speaker 1: But having this conversation.
Speaker 2: With you this is a reminder why I do what I do, Why I think it's so important for resources. Why I'm like, we need to shed light because it's not that it's not there, we just don't know it's there. It's just like going in the room with the lights off and you can't see. Well, just flick the switch, Just create an idea. Just figure out how we can introduce somebody else to another opportunity that can serve them.
Speaker 1: And the more people that know, the more we can grow, right, right, And a lot.
Speaker 5: Of times you don't know if you don't ask, So like there's not a stupid question. You guys can give us a call and you know, we'll see if it's possible. But like there's no harm in reaching out and just seeing if that's.
Speaker 3: Something that you know that you need.
Speaker 5: And a lot of times, i mean, California gives a lot of benefits to people and so a lot of people struggling, like we can help you, We can help you.
Speaker 3: You just got a call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. So okay, you're saying, I got a call, Katie. I'm waiting for the number.
Speaker 5: Oh three two three seven three one six four seven to one, And.
Speaker 1: What about an email in case they want to send you an email.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we email is a great one too, So outreach this is a worthy outreach department.
Speaker 3: I'm super simple.
Speaker 5: So outreach at Living Advantage i nc dot org just like our website.
Speaker 3: So just Living Advantage Inc. Dot a worg. But with the outreach in the front.
Speaker 2: You got to catch it, okay, So come on out if you know a young person that can use the support, a young person that has a bright future. But again, they don't know, they don't have the lights on, they don't know what to ask, they don't know who to reach out to. Please check out Living Advantage and get introduced because on Thursday, March May thirtieth, they will be opening up the Living Advantage Youth Center. Yes, the moms and dads of Foster Youth are here to offer consistency, are here to offer support, are here to offer opportunity so that you can create the possibility. Okay, so each one teach one. Now, each one are going to reach one. So lastly, before you all head out of here, are there any last words that you want to give to encourage people to come out? On May thirtieth at forty seven hundred Crenshaw Boulevard for the opening of the Living Advantage Incorporated Youth Center.
Speaker 5: Well, it's going to be free, so I know a lot of people that really brings it in.
Speaker 3: It's a free event. There's going to be food.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know I was going to cut you off right there. That was the first thing I had to ask, because you're telling me to come over to this event. Feed miss will feed me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we're going to be doing some raffles too. We've got some stuff.
Speaker 5: From the La Clippers, some cool shirts, some bibbleheads, some full merch.
Speaker 3: That will be raffling off.
Speaker 5: We've got a John and Vinnie's gift card too, so you get some pizza if you want to get that gift card.
Speaker 3: So yeah, definitely come out for this.
Speaker 2: So not only is somebody going to be abreast about the organization, the wonderful opportunities that are going to be provided, the wonderful food that's going to get in your belly, they get telling me they can walk away and win some things, are you kidding me? On top of the networking that's going to take place of people that are going places and reaching for things, it's a win win.
Speaker 1: So then what time do they need to be there.
Speaker 3: So we recommend you come for evening part.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be an all day open house, so you can come whenever just to check out the center. Sorry's so we're starting at ten, so ten am you can come by and get some You could come to each section two.
Speaker 3: Actually want your girl, get your whole meal for the day. But yeah, we'll have some astrees in the morning.
Speaker 5: Then at lunch it's sandwiches. Yeah, we got some from Mike's Deli on Slosson. We've got them catering some sandwiches Mikes highly likely and then highly likely cafe.
Speaker 3: They're giving us some chicken sliders.
Speaker 5: And I think some like other appetizers things today.
Speaker 3: I don't even know a fancy.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 3: Aute critic as sent it free.
Speaker 6: So, oh it's a platter, you know the platters that have like the vegetables and the dipping sauces and that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like RBS.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, Yeah, so that all the nuts and fruit.
Speaker 1: But you know, you get your veggies.
Speaker 6: I'm not veg Yeah, you got the chicken slidders and you got the sandwich.
Speaker 3: You got some stuff to some veggies. Look, you got it all.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, it's just like, what do you want? We'll show up, Okay, get gets it?
Speaker 1: The evening come on.
Speaker 5: Literally and so then yeah, our evening parts starts around six thirty is when the actual ceremony is, so you want to get there a little bit early. You want to get their around six. But we're gonna have fog to chow. It is going to be having some of their appetizers. So if you've been to our event before which we host that Fogo, a lot of their appetizers are coming back.
Speaker 3: To this event.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's gonna be yeah, super cool. And then we got a couple of catering places. I think we're gonna have a taco truck come out.
Speaker 3: Are you serious? Yeah? Please for sure? Food?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute and wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: See this kind of information is very helpful for me because this is going to have me decide what outfit I'm not gonna wear, because I need to make sure that whatever I am eating, honey, that I can hold it with the outfit.
Speaker 1: I need to have room to breathe because y'all have some things to eat. I'm just saying so I'm going to be there.
Speaker 2: I'm going to invite some people out to be there, and I hope that you are able to be there, and wherever you're listening, perhaps share with somebody else if they are in the Los Angeles area. Heck if there are any part of California, honestly, because this is an event that's going to be worth traveling too.
Speaker 1: Okay, you said you need the opportunity, We'll hear me. Here are the resources.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well, thank you Katie, Thank you Summer so much for joining us on Vitamin D. Thank you for the work that you do and continuing to help support the moms and dad of Foster Youth.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you don for yeah letting us share our story, share about our big event.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, so see you guys, May Thirtie, have a good one.
Speaker 3: Take care.
Speaker 1: We don't just leave yet. I didn't even ask you.
Speaker 2: Is there another organization or person that you would like to throw the baton to to also be a guest on Vitamin D. Somebody that's doing some great work in the community, somebody that should be highlighting the community, another organization, because I would love to reach out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I would say, Doctor Theon Gordon. She is the executive director of the she Ready Foundation, and we actually are partnering with them. That's Tiffany Hattish's organization. A lot of people know her thing, but her thing is the luggage. And so with foster youth, they often move and so they sometimes don't get a suitcase, they don't have luggage.
Speaker 3: So it's thrown in a trash bag.
Speaker 5: So their organization works to provide luggage and so but we actually are doing in the Uth Center. We're gonna have a luggage in the library room in the center. So any kids that come by that, you know, we're like I'm going to be moving soon, or like I'm moving to a different group home and I don't really have anything, They're gonna have the opportunity to get luggage right there. And so Doctor Theon, she's doing great work. She's I can't I don't even know how many years she's worked in this business, but she's been doing some awesome things with our organization but also just for the foster youth population.
Speaker 3: So we work together a lot. But I'd passed up. It's onto her, all right.
Speaker 1: So doctor, how do you say your last name again, the ra theon Gordon.
Speaker 2: Theon Gordon. Okay, so doctor Gordon sounds like camp next. Okay, thank you so very much. Also, I want to encourage you that if you have any questions or if you'd like to be a guest, be sure to send an email to Vitamin D at Dawn Dai speaks dot com. Remember to tell somebody to tell somebody else that vitalin D is here and we're shedding.
Speaker 1: Light on the things that matter.
Speaker 2: Also, be sure to follow us on all social media at Vitamin D Dawn Day and of course you can follow me personally at Dawn Dai Speaks. That's Dawn Day Speaks. All right, well, it's time to get out of here. Remember we're here for a good time, not a long time. We have to make account and always remember you at your greatest ass at get
Speaker 4: Your vitam Indy right here with me and get excited about your life.