Speaker 1: The WNBA and baseball are heating up, and with tennis Slams and major golf tournaments on the horizon, you can make all your picks with all these events and more all summer long on Prize Picks, America's number one sports SAPs pick. We got soccer going on too, the entire summer of soccers on Prize Picks. All forty eight countries in every matchup, and if you rep your side during the tournament on Prize Picks, you can win a trip to the final in New York. It's the biggest tournament ever, which means there's more opportunities for you to cash in while you root for your favorite national side and global soccer stars. Download the app today and use the code Debo Joe to get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. That code is Debo Joe for fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars lineup. Prize Picks a preferred partner of the NBA. Welcome back to this episode to Debo and Joe. I'm your hot t Bow Harrison. I'm here with my co host Joe Hayden. Please make sure you're like subscribing down load where you get to show how you doing today.
Speaker 2: Joe Ah, I'm doing great, brother, deebo, I'm doing great. I missed you, my brother, honestly I did. I did, brother from another It's been too long. It's been too.
Speaker 1: Long, way too long, brother. What seventeenth seventeen eight, something like that. Oh, my goodness, brother. A lot of days, brother, A lot of days, A lot of days, and I ain't gonna lie. I took advantage of those days, you bo. I took advantage of those days.
Speaker 2: I did a couple of I golfed, I did some golf trips. I went back out to New York, Surprise, New Jersey. I went to Oak Hill, beautiful course. Ho A, hold on, hold on, you just went golfing. I know that's one of.
Speaker 1: No I'm asking you just said the hell with it. I'm gonna go back to go play on some green grass that you could get in VA.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going to go play pristine, nice courses that I haven't here.
Speaker 1: To tell me it was some charity event to it, something that was more than you just running around to some other grass.
Speaker 2: Nope, me going to a PGA tour course by my man Ben that hosted me and my brother and my boy Sean, my brother John than my boy Sewn. We all went out there and we went and had a great day. And from there, what was the score? But I shoot, yeah this, I haven't played none a lot.
Speaker 1: You see when he starts stuttering, y'all already know it was some trash.
Speaker 2: I shot really bad shot. I shot like an I shot like a ninety five. I shot like a ninety five. Okay, that's good, Almost got now, I don't not go fork how that worked? So I shot, I shot like a I shot like a fifty. I saw like a fifty forty five depot.
Speaker 1: You want to suit a hundred, that's an A, right, that's an A. That's a that's a that's terrible.
Speaker 2: You want to get closer to seventy two is the better? So I normally shoot in the high eighties. You know what I'm saying, Like eighty six, forty three on the front, forty three on the back. That's normally my score, like right around in eighty six. That's solid. This one I haven't played in a long time. So we did that. Then from there, Debot went to Jersey, ran back some more golf, went to Trout National Fire Golf Course, Mike Trout Tiger Woods Course. Okay, okay, the member guest, I.
Speaker 1: Know what you're talking about. I remember that one because I was in there. I was in design of that course. I remember that. There you go, just there we go. I just like you, just lying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just Debo played and remember guess my boy, Ross, we came in fourth place, you know, and obviously you didn't help. I did not help. I did not help. Ross played so good, but I brought the vibes. I was making sure he was good. We had the caddy. You know what I'm saying, kicking it. But Ross definitely played way better than me. I gotta get my I gotta get my swings back right, I gotta stop often.
Speaker 1: You got you got to get back into the groove of it.
Speaker 2: I got to Okay. So and then after that one, one thing after that, I went and got my brain and body scanned. I went and got my hip chat, I went and got my hips checked out what.
Speaker 1: They find out about that old Janki ass hip and that.
Speaker 2: Hip Janki debo. Where you're gonna get that done at bro. Man, listen, I ain't gonna get it done yet, because they told me. Once I get it done, I can't play back. I can't run for court basketball no more. So, Oh you gotta have it cut up. I got man, Listen, I'm gonna have to get some I'm gonna have to like, I can do some rehab and stuff, but it's not gonna get I'm not gonna start back doing my crazy windmills and stuff. I don't think so. Yeah, but with meal, what a windmill dunk?
Speaker 1: I lie used to I used to go win mill. You know you can still win mill. Don't mean you go slamm it in a ten foot basket.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about a ten foot regulation hoop debo. I was I can I could win mel. Not now, not anymore, no more, Joe. Look here, man, hey, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: We had a great time at a fan fest over there, fanatics Fest. Sorry man, I want to say fanatics fest, the whole the whole thing, fanatics Fest. That way, everybody know what we're talking about. But shout out, Stephanie mean man throwing me up on there, cam Ward, great interview. Appreciate you stopping out for us, boy, Joe. So I went and I did body work. So as soon as I left New York, I flew to LA, you know, so I could take care of my body. You went just running around Gallivanton, not taking care of the old janky ass hip you got. I went on head, went straight to LA, went to see my guy Jimmy Bluff. Got body work for about two three days straight. So boom, boom boom, about twelve hours of work, three six three, great, great great.
Speaker 2: Went from there straight to a Z. Got to a Z.
Speaker 1: Had to see my trainer, I and Danny Pep performance enhancement professionals out there in Chimpee, Arizona.
Speaker 2: Yep, you understand, get some more work in running around you hip JANKI and everything else.
Speaker 1: You want to play on golf and you can't even get your swing right like probably because that hit.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. I'm gonna get it right, though, I got I really need to start like you're saying, people, I gotta start doing the like I said, the dry needling, the thorough Hey, got to start doing it more way more often. When I stopped. That's you know what I'm saying. They like it's get that Joe, Joe, Joe, how do you think this works?
Speaker 1: You think you eat healthy for a while, then you ain't got to eat healthy for a while, and you still go stay healthy.
Speaker 2: It don't work like that, Joe. My body maintain is. And I'm five eleven and I found out I was five eleven. I told you eighty pounds.
Speaker 1: I told you wasn't no, you wasn't no six foot and you five eleven.
Speaker 2: When I went to the and I you're just saying you six.
Speaker 1: Foot Now you're saying you grew, bro, you were so you were actually five five ten something.
Speaker 2: I was five ten and seven eights at the combine, and I was trying to tell you that I grew so I knew I was.
Speaker 1: They just didn't measure it completely straight there because they was like, you know what, we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Just give you the average.
Speaker 1: We're gonna say it's five eleven because you were you were you was actually five.
Speaker 2: Ten and and and and.
Speaker 1: A little bit over half. So he said, I'm gonna just give you five eleven. What that's your doctor?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I can't even five eleven one eighty.
Speaker 1: Five eleven one eighty Yeah, listen, Joe, I'm just I'm trying. I'm trying. I'm trying to tell you, man, Now, after I got back, I ain't gonna lie. I ain't really do much or nothing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I did a little charity event. I think it was Sunday, snow that No, what's today?
Speaker 2: Today? Friday? Friday, bruh, thirty, first July.
Speaker 1: I'm tripping, So it might have been like a couple of days ago I went and did tomorrow. It was at the zoo or something, Presley Ridge. I think they do a lot of things to help families, kids, adoption, all that other stuff.
Speaker 2: Is great, great, great organization.
Speaker 1: But that's going on ahead, and see what happened with your boy over there? And well, I guess I guess it's Philly.
Speaker 2: Is it Philly? Where's your boy? Lebron go? Oh? You know where Bron went? Bron went the Philly. So but this is let me, let me let me break it down.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, I can hear you, this is the this is the the you sound a little echo, That's all.
Speaker 2: I was sad. Honestly at first initial thoughts, I wanted him to come back to Cleveland. Obviously, you know, I wanted him to come back to Cleveland because of the because of the court side seats and the connection that we have out there. I wanted us to be able to go there and be able to kick it with Broun. I wanted it. I wanted it more. Who was us? Us? Is me? You and the city of Cleveland. That's okay, That's why I say us what I wanted Braun to come back to Cleveland. I initially would just shocked and hurt because I'm like, damn, I wanted it for me selfishly.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna lie, Joe. I looked at your story. I think I might have. I think it was some tears.
Speaker 2: I was. I was. I was sad. I was sad, honestly, genuinely, just because I wanted him to come back. I knew this was probably gonna be his final time to see Broun. Just no matter what anybody says about Lebron, love him or hate him, He's eventually going to leave the league. So he said this is going to be his last decision, this gonna be his last team. I would have hoped that, just been able to go to the Cavs games in the land, knowing how much they love him and having him a chance to win the championship because they do have a mob, and he's coming for the low. He wasn't going to have to like take no other parts. Now when I see it he signed there for four million for eight million, I'm like, do he signed for vet Men? Tie for vet menh?
Speaker 1: So that's when you do That's why.
Speaker 2: But that's why Debo this this move for me is really like, that's why. I'm just like, it's it's whatever Bron wanted to do. I was happy where Bron wanted to go. Is your decision, Broun. You've been playing the league, You've done everybody justice. So why do you think because they got the squad, they have a mob, and it's not like they were already been winning championships. He wasn't have to go to the Warriors and playing with Steph Curry. Know they already won some stuff. Goes to San Antonio. Oh no, they already won. Uh he didn't go back to Miami. I thought that was gonna be one. That would have been a smooth one with Giannis, the new squad they got, but I think Philly just looking at the roster and then they got Jalen Brown. Also just the players, Tyrese Maxi, the rook the rookie DJ Joel Embiid, just Brunn and Jalen Brown and then you add in Braun and don't have to take away no pieces. So if you're just looking at that mob right there, that five, that's an unbelievable vive. I don't care what anybody's talking about. The only thing they have to worry about is Joel Embiid's health. You know what I'm saying with jelum so Joel Eenbe's health. But with this team knowing what you gotta do just make it to the playoffs. You have Joel Ebid on a real schedule where he's playing well, I don't know his schedule. ISS gonna look crazy. He might not be playing that many games half the season at max just making sure that when we get to the playoff, we get to the end. It sounds crazy, but last season was the first season he didn't get to have to come off for like a surgery or something. So I'm looking at Philly like they got a stacked mob. Tyrese Maxi is unbelievable. Jaylen Brown addition to this team, like he's one of the top ten players in the league, and with additional with Broun and knowing that Broun now doesn't have to be going crazy averaging thirty. You got so many buckets on your team, and now you could just be passing le Bron always good to pass it. Now Bron spotting up, being able to set people up. It looks crazy.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, listen, let me slow you down a little bit, because this podcast right here is going out and people are Cleveland are seeing this.
Speaker 2: Yes, and.
Speaker 1: Uh Dan Gilbert, yeah, he probably is going to see this. And right now, to me, it's sounding like you're a full fledged Philly fan.
Speaker 2: So when you try and get those court.
Speaker 1: Side seats that you've been getting blessed with, I want you to remember these words you were saying.
Speaker 2: This is this is what I am making a basketball analysis. I'm still rooting for the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Cleveland Cavaliers on my basketball squad. That's my team. I want them to do to win the championship. I think they're gonna I think they're gonna meet hope to lose if it comes down. I don't want them to have to put me in. If they put me in this situation, that's gonna be the tough situation to be in. But I woulould love to have to be in that situation to figure it out. It's Philly, and that's what you call a win win situation. For me, who do you want to win?
Speaker 1: It ain't nothing, ain't the such thing as a win win situation, Joe, Because if I ask you right now, we got Cleveland Browns and we got the Pittsburgh Stillers going against each other, and whoever win that win, I know who you want to win?
Speaker 2: You want to win it. It's impossible, Well, the Browns because they ain't winning. We need one, y'all being stingy, y'all got to no share the Well, Browns need one before y'all need another one, that's for sure. So I'm definitely gonna go with that, Joe. Now, Philly Cleveland in the Eastern Conference finals, the same way the Browns and there still is going to be in then AFC Championship. So if I'm going to watch and both, whoever plays better deserves some one, I'm room for both. Oh it's good bad Oh it's good ball, good ball.
Speaker 1: He mister mister Gilbert, Remember, he wants to see whoever plays best win. He don't want to see your Cleveland Cavaliers win that he says he's from the land of your fans. That say, joe Us Broun gets out the league.
Speaker 2: Was Broun leaves the league? We only have Broun a little bit longer. You don't want Cleveland Brown to have him leaves the league? All calves, all calves, that's the squad you're talking about.
Speaker 1: So many brown done went to what ten of them? He got three of them before him something like that. What are you talking about? That's it, Sherid Wealth what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Man? Listen, you told me we can't get one because we already got six.
Speaker 1: Cleveland need one before before before Pittsburgh getting number Huh.
Speaker 2: Talking about the Browns. See now where you're talking about the calves. Broun already went and delivered one for the Calves. So that's so why can't they get one without him? You don't want them to. You don't want to see them succeed. You see what you see what it is. I was rooting for them, brust the Knicks with all I had, and we got swept and I was still standing out there on my tam Let's go Calves, Let's go Calves.
Speaker 1: Okay, but again, as I said, Philly, Cleveland, the winner wins a championship.
Speaker 2: Who you want to win? I just want the best team to win. Man. Listen, man, y'all know what Joe is. Man. For the next two seasons, there's thirty one other team name any other team? Okay, So here, so you went brin Bron. You were Bron. So Philly, go win the championship. Right. I did not say that. I'm asking you there. It could happen. Philly, go win the championship. Man, They're gonna be They're gonna be in the Eastern Conference finals for sup Hmmm.
Speaker 1: It's is crazy, Joe, this is crazy. I ain't never seen I ain't never seen nothing like this thing in my life.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to be from the land, the city that picks you number one, You hoping and wishing against and praying against them.
Speaker 2: You ain't even got it even.
Speaker 1: You can't even stand on two toes and be like yo, not even two toes and say I would like to see Cleveland win against Bron because I'm from the Land. I went there, I was part of That's all me. Mister Gilbert, he helps me. He gives me I'm court sided. He don't pick me up and throw me in the back row. But you can't even do that.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, Debo. I can't let that sway my visual of what I've been seeing going on the calves. That's off season. We didn't make any changes and we got swept by the next Last year.
Speaker 1: I didn't say who could win. I said who would you want to win?
Speaker 2: Joe? I would want I would want who would you want to win in that situation.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, Joe, I can answer every situation. If you put the Pittsburgh Steelers in it against I don't care who it is other than Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: I want Pittsburgh. What about it? What about if? What about if?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What about if Bickler Bow was coaching the other team?
Speaker 1: Coaching the other team? Yes, he was the Titans. All right, damn right, it's still us, Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Love a man to death. It's just you know what, it's different because it's basketball too. I didn't play. I didn't I didn't play. And it's Brons, it's Broun, it's Lebron, it's my favorite player. Sue me.
Speaker 1: God, you're gonna get sued in a minute. When you go to go over there and get them tickets. You're gonna feel like the price that he's giving everybody else.
Speaker 2: I got fellow Bron fans like me that know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Who in the chat know what Joe talking about?
Speaker 2: Anybody? Anybody in chat know what you're talking about. Bro? Nobody they do? They said, no, they do, it's Bron.
Speaker 1: Then the laying Then mister Gilbert, Wow, that's what they're.
Speaker 2: Saying in there like that. Man, don't do do dang, you're putting it.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, I'm just I'm just telling you that's what they're saying. I'm not saying this. I'm saying what's being said. I'm saying what you're doing. Like they say, I can show you better than.
Speaker 2: I can tell you. You're showing me what it is. You're putting me in a sticky situation.
Speaker 1: I ain't putting you in a sticky situation. Man, I'm just I'm just putting you in That's what it is.
Speaker 2: It's not even sticky. It's not even sticky. It's not even stick it's clean and cut.
Speaker 1: You asked me about bowl the man I credit for my career. If it's no Dickular Bowl, there's no James Harrison like all that. And if they got Dicklar Bowl up against the Pittsburgh Stillness, it's the Pittsburgh still.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think you feel the same way. Okay, that's why it's still That's why it's meet with the Browns. It's gonna be. It's gonna be the Browns.
Speaker 3: DN, What what about the Calves. It's just it ain't gonna be the calvesis you ain't got you ain't got that much love for the Calves.
Speaker 2: That's that's what I was. You don't. Lebrons has a short amount of time still left to play in the league. Lebron not played a hundred years. Man, the Calves are gonna still be existing way after Lebron James is done. So for him to still be able to play for two more years, I'm gonna give him. That's my man. I'm gonna watch him. I'm embracing what he got because the cast I could be a cast thing when Lebron's coming. Kyriees came, we got Donovan Mitchell, we got James Harden. Hey, listen, listen, listen, listen. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can go ahead and root for somebody. I can want to see them do great and do good. I can hope that they do great and do good. They could do great and do good. But I don't want you to do so great and so good that you beat my.
Speaker 2: Team, Joe.
Speaker 1: I want to see you shine, but not the dispense of a loss. I'd rather see Dick Lebow go out there and shut us out and the kickoff and and punt return give up two touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Okay, but we got to win, Joe, I got I hate I Hey, hey, it's just here. Listen here, man, Let's go on here and talk about this still a thing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We reported the camp over here. What was that on Tuesday?
Speaker 2: Uh? We got three.
Speaker 1: We got three on the on the on the pup list, ol Nephew, Joey Porter, junr he on he on the public.
Speaker 2: Hey, my my man, back flared up during condition after condition.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think I know what could solve that that backflare and Jalen he Uh, I guess he had a little knee issue from mini camp. That's that's still going around. And what's that a seventh round pick?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Dante Kent dB Yeah, that's what it's looking like right now. Listen, man, I don't know. I don't know what's going on. They said this a couple of weeks on jailen, so I think he'd be all right. They're saying, it's not a big deal, just time, but little peasy. I think, you know, I think that. I think I think, you know, help us back out a little bit, if you know, if things was getting get a little better, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If you get that, get them numbers right, I think my man back might fast starts to start feeling a little better, you know.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: The big news, though, the great news we got is Braderick Jones is back, so after eight months, eight months after sustaining a shocking season ending neck injury, offensive tackle draw Bradick Jones took the field at Saint Vincen's many at Saint Vincen's camp. After that he was medically cleared for practice. I guess right now they're working him and with the two's at the left and right tackle. I guess from the last two practices that we had, and they see himfully being able to get back to a starter level.
Speaker 2: Joe. That is a great thing.
Speaker 1: But one hundred percent clear and one hundred percent It's two different things where.
Speaker 2: You it's great news, you know, great news because you never know. Like when we said when we talked about the Net and I saw though Samuel our corner, our corner, Samuel Jr. Yea, he had the same surgery and they had the same agent. So we ended up meeting with him and Sante Samue Jr. Is out there flying around, you know what I'm saying, looking good. So it's just giving me hope that, you know, Roger, he's trying. And what I realized and what I loved about his interview though Debo is he understands the realization of the business of the gun, understands that there's a reason why like it was he was in it with Danny, with with Dan Moore. You know what I'm saying, like just being able to see the league for what it is, knowing like they're not just throwing you out, but you got to show, you know what I'm saying, because anybody can get hurt at any minute, and so I'm just loving that he's being able to be back out there. He's accepted to the fact that he's not taking any hard feelings like, oh no, like why would they not accept my fifth year option. It's a business. He understands he got hurt. There's a lot of this big investment in there, so you just got to be able to go out there improve that you can still be able to play at a starting caliber. So I think his mindset just him trying to knowing that I gotta get him being three hundred pounds and he says he got to put up a couple more fifteen more pounds because he wasn't able to do anything for like three months. So just his mindset, his mental him understanding what's going on, the depth of the line, us being able to have lineman because people are going to get hurt. It's a very long season. So being able to know, like him being able to get Max reps, being able to get other guys reps in different positions, and just as chuggling along, just knowing that he had that mindset where he knows that he wants to go out there, he knows that he can start. McCarthy spoke on him like he's a starting caliber dude. But just knowing that I'm happy that he's getting cleared. He's able to get onto the field, so we're just gonna be able to watch his progreat just as he goes right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna, you know, obviously working back into it slow so he don't get no setbacks. That's the whole reason, you know, they have a little bit of a rotation going there. Also, as we talked about, I want to mess up, I'm trying not to, Hannah. Sure, that's a say Maxie, Hannah.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: They actually started to work him in with some of the first teams, so he's getting some first team reps in there too. And then basically the you know, the opening lineup for the offense was what it was, you know, through OTAs and Mini Camp. I think it's uh Troy and it's Isaac Zach, uh Mason and uh Cook on the other side. So yeah, I don't I'm trying to tell you man, I think I think it will gonna be good. I'm feeling I'm feeling real good long as he's able to work back, you know, and and it's no setbacks, you know, I feel like I feel like we're gonna be real good. I mean, I don't know, I don't know. We'll see, We'll see, We'll see another big thing I think people are talking about is I guess Mike McCarthy said it will be no live tackling like they saying like no tackling, and like listen, what y'all got to understand is you don't actually need to tackle somebody to the ground. When you say live, that means I'm rapping you down to the ground and were.
Speaker 2: Going for a goal.
Speaker 1: What we do a lot is third up, hit, wrap, release, so you break down, you hit, you wrap, your release, and you let them continue to run. You're just not taking people to the ground. They not actually not go do any like tackling of any sort.
Speaker 2: That just don't make no sense. Like, Joe, what.
Speaker 1: Did you take from it? Because they're like, yo, they're not tackling.
Speaker 2: I think it's a lot of it. Like you said too, it's the safety. They're not going to be doing the tackling to the ground because a lot of that when we would do tackling to the ground, it was the nine on sevens. It's inside people are rolling up on each other every single time that happens. So when you get into the position where it's just now thudding up, getting yourself into that position, basically if you don't you have to stop the mass for momentum. You have to be you got to put pads on pads, so there's like you're not just diving around on people's legs and trying to do that. So I think thud up and thudding thud doing thud drills is the same thing. Is making sure that you can get into that position, make sure you actually put them, make sure you stop therefore progress and then you letting them go for pursuit and all of that. So most of the time when we're saying people are doing live tackling, it's not for that long of the practice. It's a period right place, and dudes are getting hurt three four dudes in those seven plays. So it's like, how about we just really just thub people up getting to the right positions, because sometimes it's not helping us, it's more than it's hurting us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think thudding up actually gets you in a better position to be able to make more secure and tackles because now you have to get in there, you have to bend down, you have to put your head exactly where it should be in hitting rap.
Speaker 2: It's no longer let me get there and die at it.
Speaker 1: No, Like, I gotta be ready to put that force into him so I can stop his momentum and and and drive him back and then wrap up so I can secure it so he can't spin out of that tackle.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm I don't. I don't trip on that. But it was harder for the DBS because I'm like, when I see that's legs, that's what this is, what this is. When I go do my part, why shoot his legs out of Like, nah, Joe, you got to spare him up. Stop it. Boom And I'm getting embraced. I'm like, Okay, boom, Donald Still, you know what I'm saying. So it's you got to get yourself in that position for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, I guess they want that. Aaron Rodgers again, asking him, I guess. He dismissed any idea that he might decide to come back for another season.
Speaker 2: He said, no, zero debate zero.
Speaker 1: Uh. He said, I thought last year might be it, and then Mike got hired, talked to my wife and she said, you can do another year. I said, well, we'll see if it works out. And then it kind of all came together. DK was up before him, though, and DK was like, you know what, it's early in the year. You know, it's too early to make a decision. You know, he might not even get He was like, he might not even get banged up. No, he said, he said, he might not even get hit or touched, like, you know, like he might.
Speaker 4: Not get No, it ain't going no, no, no, no, no, no, no, bro, Look, he might not even get hit or touch cover DK man, stop that man talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm loving a I'm loving what A Rod is saying. No, no point for debate. This year, he was already kind of trying to figure out if he wanted to stay. So it's final Swan song. You got your coach out here, you got your receivers, y'all running back you in DK fresh. You know what I'm saying. Last year was quick. You didn't really know each other, get to know each other really well, and now let's say they rooming together again. They said, yeah, let's go, let's go, and A Rod for sure, because it's all of that off season stuff where you can do what you want to do, but it gets annoying to where everybody's like, what's everybody gonna do? It's gonna co back it's gonna stay, it's gonna go, it's gonna come, it's gonna be if you have your time. Soon as the season ends, you get the chill, you get your time to be able to make those decisions. But knowing now, like as soon as the season's over, guys like all of that, that's a lot of noise, and he was doing it for the last two years, so I can only imagine just people constantly being on your head and then just being able to be like, this is my final season. I'm about to go give it my all. I'm ready for it. Yeah, yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, I'm trying to tell you, man, listen, work worst case worst case for me thirteen four or's case for me Joe thirteenth worst case.
Speaker 2: I trying to tell you I'm not mad at the debo just because everybody's sleeping on the Steelers.
Speaker 1: For real, go on here, y'all going here sleep, slump them, slump sleep like sleeping beauty did m Prince ain't nowhere in sight.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to take you. I'm gonna cart the running, the practices, no a.
Speaker 1: No question, and let's man, let's go on up over here to your go up north a little bit man over here to Cleveland. Man. I guess y'all y'all actually, y'all quarterbacks and y'all rookies reported on a twenty third yep, and then y'all vetch reported Tuesday. So it wasn't even like a full team practice till Wednesday, Like, like why you got.
Speaker 2: Your quarterbacks up there reporting like six days early? Like Joe, what's going on?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Like? White? Quarterback is the most important position on the team, and we had some young quarterbacks, and we got a quarterback that's coming off some injuries and had some stuff to prove by making it with the big contract, and they're trying to put their best foot forward. I love it. Get in their quarterbacks. You should not leave. That's why you make sixty five million dollars a year. This is not a on season, off season job. I'm un get your ass in there. I need you to know not only what the quarterback does, you gotta know what all the linemen do. You gotta know what all the receivers do. You gotta know what the running backs do. And then the checks. You need to know all of the checks. And after you do that, now the defenses, what are they doing? How do you recognize what these checks are? It's a whole lot more that quarterbacks have to deal with than receivers, then running backs, the linemen and cornerbacks. Cover two always gonna be coup to come four gonna be cover four. Cover three is gonna be covered three. So as soon as I learn all of my jobs and be throwing blitzes and all of that stuff, but as a corner I got to still cover three. There's gonna be somebody replacing my job unless I blitz. There's only certain things that can happen. So then I start studying offense route concepts, and that's you've become so much smarter. And that's why older quarterbacks they don't have to be fast. You just gotta know what You gotta know what's going on, like you are walking out through your process information. And that's how when corners get better, you don't. The defenses don't change. They're not gonna invent like really new plays. Seven routes, post routes, slant routes, fade routes. All of the routes are the same routes. The route tree has been the route tree. So once you start learning the game, and you start learning what you got to do as a quarterback. You got to learn with the offensive line and the receivers, the running backs. You learn what the defense is doing. Why are they doing this? You start getting more comfortable, and the more comfortable you get, the slow they say, Oh, the game started slowing down for me around year three. Games starts slowing down for me around here four. The quicker, you can learn what's going on, and you got your job under control. I know what I'm doing, I know what checks I gotta make. Then you start going against the defense. Then you start making them. You start manipulating people to go to where you want them to go. So with the quarterbacks coming in, they're young, they have stuff to prove tole Monkett is like this, y'all, we don't have a We have a quarterback on the team that's making forty five million dollars a year, but we don't have a franchise quarterback in this building right now that I feel like that can prove us of the nose. What he got going on. Everything is everybody in here can be taught. You know what I'm saying. Don't think you're too smart. And you know too much. No, no, no, I mean I was under the assumption he believed he had a possible two franchise. But that's look, he's a pop possible two franchise, but haven't played like it in the last three years. Having put it on tape last season, like you coming in off of All Pro Pro Bowl, like de offensive Player of the Year season, Like no, no, no, that all y'all got to come in here and can't you can't tell me that you know something yet because what I've seen last year, what I've been looking at, ain't gonna get the job done, you know what I'm saying. So come in here six days early with the rookies and watch, let's get this install. And when we when the rest of the team come, we're gonna redo the install. Quarterback. Now, y'all just know y'all are learning it, you're not learning it.
Speaker 1: You can give you an extra six days. I understand what you're saying, Joe, to do some more evaluation.
Speaker 2: You try to blow my boys, and that's what I'm saying. We need that. I understand, Yoe. I understand. You know, I just got to give you hell. You know, I just that's just that's just that's just what I do. You know what I'm saying. I got to do a little something here and now, and it looked like y'all pupp list it. Damn, y ain't got no puppet everybody out there, everybody out there, Yeah, now that go boys out there because you know, because you know why, because you know why? Why is that Joe? Because them boys out there paying folks?
Speaker 1: Huh like that Joe Joe? That Yeah, y'all, I ain't gonna lie. So y'all trying to make it tough, you know, y'all trying to make it tough on us. Y'all't have to do that. First off, y'all gay they'll pick three year, forty eight million. We're thirty six guaranteed, okay.
Speaker 2: And then right.
Speaker 1: Before y'all gave him that, y'all ended up giving Gizell Ward.
Speaker 2: This is the problem.
Speaker 1: You gave that man two year extension for sixty two. Yeah, fifty two guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, deservedly. So we're doing the right thing. We're trying to build. We got he damn near forty Joe behind Denzel Ward is twenty nine years old. He's twenty nine years old. Has only played eight years in the league. He's basically signed that two year extension. Denzel Ward has done what I call a masterclass. The only thing that they could give a knock about Denzel Ward is his injuries. He's had some concussions, he has some soft tissues, and then during COVID he had four games that he missed for COVID. But when Denzel Award is on the football field, he's a All Pro every time. His technique, his tackling, his smarts, his ball skills. So he's been doing nothing, and you know what Denzel Ward does. He stays out the way. You don't hear anything about Denzel Ward besides him coming to work and doing his job. Only thing. It's like he might be a little injury prone, but that's you can't Some of the stuff you can't help. He had a couple of cushions and a couple of soft tissues. But when I look at Denzel, you can help a concussion. Get your next stroom man, listen, I hear you, but he got He's been out there for eight seasons. He's had five Pro Bowls, he's been All Pro three times, and he's been nothing. But he stays out the way. So he's bawling, he's staying out the way, and this is what you do. He signed a five year, one hundred million dollar contract. He's been out playing that contract. So when he gives them, when he gives him this extension, he has two years left on his deal. This is just adding two more years. So now they got Denzel for a four year ninety four million dollars. That's averaging now for the next four years at twenty three million dollars for him, and the team looks good because he gets some raise, but now they get he gets two more years of guaranteed money. He had no more guaranteed money on his last contract, and it's a bump up for him and the team's good. And he gets two more years guaranteed and then if he has two more years of non guaranteed money, making around twenty two million dollars a year. So it works out for Denzel, it works out for the Browns. You keep a amazing player that's still playing at a high level with just a two year extension, so they gonna have him until he's thirty three years old. And I'm loving it for the Browns. They did it the right way. Denzel did it the right way, and he's from straight from when I left there. They drafted Denzel Ward and he then took it and ran with it. Yeah, you're making a tough once over here man, Like that'st that was smart.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Had two more years left. Y'all could have waited till next year to do that. They just did. They did. You could y'all know what y'allout of there? And they and then so they left some They.
Speaker 1: Had some bread left on the table, now, huh the guy yeah, okay, okay, okay, Yeah, I had a visitor though, Coach Prime. Man, Coach Prime came up. Brother, I guess he was up there yesterday, and uh, he was talking.
Speaker 2: To the coach.
Speaker 1: He gave him some insight, they said, you know, gave some gave him some insight. Here's the crazy thing, man, your guy Todd Monkin. When they asked him, he was like, it was really cool. Deon Sanders, are you kidding me to get that? He's just a Door's dad. I mean, first of all, he did an unbelievable job with Door. A great kid and obviously an elite football player, hell baseball player, and then as a coach, I mean, wow, everything that he's achieved, that that was awesome. Then he went on to say he gave him a little bit of insight, but we were up against it. The general manager, Andrew Barry was next. It was next, so I had to give him up to Andrew. So there was some back and forth has to be in about Shador in terms of how he processes personal wise and I think competitive wise.
Speaker 2: He got.
Speaker 1: He got into it at the end in terms of what makes him tick, which was good. It was it was all good. But we've seen most of that, most of what he said we've been able to see.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Worry now, we haven't gotten to the games yet. That's a different animal.
Speaker 2: But at this point what.
Speaker 1: He talked about, I would have said, no, that's how we've seen it. That sounded like to me, what sounded like, do you do bo? It sounds like you don't start a quarterback. I'm just saying, hey, that's solid. Hey it sounds like she don't start and call it back. But I ain't gonna again. That's you know, you know me, that's just me. That's just me because I you know, I do what I do. But when they asked him about the you know, the quarterback competition. He said this right here. We got we got it right here. Yeah, nothing's really changed. We anticipate alternating. First of all four quarterbacks are going to compete. They all won't get equal reps. Obviously, we will alternate, just like we did in the spring. Uh, Deshaun and Shador with the ones. The easiest way for me to say that, and it still won't stop you from asking, not you particularly better? May in general is the first game, and we're gonna have to have a start of the first game, right, I mean, ultimately, I'm not gonna decide who the starter is.
Speaker 5: They decide by their play.
Speaker 2: Their play decides who the starter is. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't have any preconceived notions of how they've played in the past or how they're gonna play. I only can with my eyes. Judge and and guys got to play well around them. I think we've shored up some things up front. We've added some weapons on the perimeter, so I think that's gonna help. But they'll decide who plays. I I don't decide who plays. The players decide who plays.
Speaker 2: No, No, what you what? What you? What you? What you take from that?
Speaker 1: You know me. I like to read them between lines, you know, I don't. I just I like to read the lines. I've just read the lines there like that was just that was the lines.
Speaker 2: That was where he see.
Speaker 1: So I'm just where, where do you see? Who do you see being the starting quarterback? I'm just going off of I don't even know what happened. I know they was keeping the tracker going to who was throwing picks, who was throwing who was making completions? And your boy was leading in the pit category and was leading in the completion category and in the touchdown category. So I'm just trying to figure out where you see where you at with this?
Speaker 2: First and foremost, the first thing was when Dion Sanders arrived. I respect and love that Todd Monkin is acting like a human being like that is Deon Sanders. You know what I'm saying, is respecting his career, that it is the father of Shador. You know what I'm saying, Just not trying to act like being submissive of Deon, because that's when people like you don't have to be all impressed. But at the same time, Deon Sanders was a coach. He did coach his son, he did coach. It's a Hall of Fame football player in the hell and then was the coach of his son in college football and did good at Colorado. So just from the respect fact that, I just love the way that he was being a human being and was like, damn, that is Deon Sanders. Secondly, when he talks about both of them are going to be getting reps, I think that Shador Sanders is going to properly win the job through this, through through uh through training camp. I think that Todd Monkin is being honest where this is the thing. If it was up to the coach, then I think he wants to put the best player out there to play. If is it going to be someone that goes over his head. Is ownership going to step in and say, hey, look we're paying this man this money. And I think that he should be the first one to go out there. I don't know, you know what I'm saying. So if it's Todd Monkin saying this from a legitimate space where boom, best player is going to best best quarterback is going to take the job, We're going to have them equal reps. We're going to see what DeShawn looks like we're going to see what Uh, we're gonna see what shad Door looks like. We're going to go into preseason, and these reps are legitimately going to be what makes it happen. Uh, does he picks? Is he looking people off? Does he know how to run the offense? Who's making who's making our offense look like it's a professional offense. So I think that your Door is gonna win the job. But I don't know if there's gonna be the powers that be that might step in and be like, look he's getting that bread. We're still paying them, So I would want him to start. That's so if it's close, who do you think starts? If it's close, I would want I would want your door.
Speaker 1: I got sixty one a half dozen the other who who that's what they're looking at like that.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's gonna be close, like that just started off camp be close? Yeah, I don't. I don't think it's will be close. But if it's close for me, I'm sure I just got to go with the door.
Speaker 1: He's younger, he's gonna have more time to improve and and and learn, learning through the process. But I'm just saying just from how complimentary he was a coach Prime. I'm just like, yo, just feel like, hey, we can't we can't go no other way. The pedigree tell me I gotta go that way back.
Speaker 2: Just you know, just just from the conversation Joe, I'm I think that when Tom Munker says that, I mean definitely him respecting coach crime. But it's gonna be on the football field, I'm not. I think that's your door if it's by if it's a real competition and the coaches know and the players know, they're gonna see. There's gonna be ways when we're like this, now somebody's playing he's playing better than the other quarterback. This like we say, even I don't know where to give it. I think somebody's gonna I think she is gonna have to show that he looks winning outright outright. I would. I would Alright, that's a big bird. Alright.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, I can look and just say all right, it's done, Like right now, just looking at what I was seeing from how they were tracking all the stuff. Yeah, it a it's a no brainer, like right now, like the first few days of practice, it is a no brain unless you know, uh and unless he just you know, he got he got unless uh uh Wathington got to warm up for the first couple of days and then you know he come through.
Speaker 2: But that that ain't what his number has been showing.
Speaker 1: That ain't what he's been showing the least whatever time it was that he was healthy before he ended up get hurt.
Speaker 2: But like you said, he go let the preseason, maybe.
Speaker 1: He get into the what if he getting too the game and it just strike.
Speaker 2: Out, he just like go crazy, shud.
Speaker 1: Getting the game and he you know, he played good, but what he getting there.
Speaker 2: And he just go crazy? What what you go do?
Speaker 1: Then you only got three preseason games. Now remember he strike out on the first two. You know you ain't gonna play your starter whoever whoever you're looking at starting for for the third game because you're worried about him getting hurt.
Speaker 2: It's it's gonna be more than these games too, d BO. I'm telling you leading up to you know, a training game when it's going one best ones to situational Football's like when we got a two minute drills, like all of this practice, real practice reps, and when we leave that practice, fill in the Trader Cup and you go to that meeting room and you're watching tape, there's going to be real, what are you looking at here? Where are these balls going? So I think that there's going to be the coaches are legitimately like watching these tastes, watching all these seven on sevens, watching all of these one on ones, watching all the throws, watching the way that they manage the offense, watching the way they get in and out of the huddle, of just being like, how is this going to look? So I think if they're in a real competition, it's going to be coaches putting them in that film that we're not in. We're going to see the priests when they get to the preseason game, it's gonna be like, all right, show us what you got. But I think the coach is going to have a decision, you know what I'm saying, by second third week, by second week of training camp, by what does this do look on? That's gonna be fourteen practices, dude.
Speaker 1: I know he said going into the first preseason game, he's going to have to name and start, and I'm assuming he's saying that that would be his starter for the start of camp or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's going to be obviously, I would think so. But I don't think he gonna have one.
Speaker 1: I think he gonna be like, well, we're going to start this person this game and see how it goes, and then.
Speaker 2: We're gonna start. Oh no, No, he's not going like that.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to tell you, man, I really feel like that's what's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Man, He's not going like that. I'm just I'm just telling you, man, I gotta I got it, itch Man, I got it. Itch. I feel like I feel like that's that's just that's just I feel like, debo. Once you get a quarterback the starting job, how many games it's gonna be what like at least four five games minimum? And if you pull them after five and go for another quarterback, you can't.
Speaker 1: Put I'm saying the first preseason game, I don't think that starting quarterback is going to be a starting quarterback. I think they're gonna I think it's going to be he's going to start this one, and then so and so, and then he'll start the next one, and then so and so will rotating. I don't think they go pick one until after the second game. That's what I'm saying
Speaker 2: Well, I can feel that