Speaker 1: Ridiculous crime. It's a production of iHeartRadio E.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 2: Oh man, look at you, I know, look at me. Got a question for you? Do you yeah? I do? You want to know what it is? Do you know what ridiculous?
Speaker 3: I do know it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: That's not my question. Now my question. Did you know it's ridiculous?
Speaker 3: I do know it's ridiculous, and I have I have a quick question for you. What's the best wedding you ever went to?
Speaker 2: Best wedding I ever went to? Okay, this is like a trick question, like other than your own, right, that's like, that's the thing wedding? Okay, I went to one in a church in Carmel that was really cool. It was the Mission Carmel Church and was cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, what was the reception?
Speaker 2: Like? I kin was young? I cut out. I was like I don't want to, I don't want it. It was like it was nice.
Speaker 3: It sounds like it was super nice.
Speaker 2: And that's why I was like, I'm out of here. Deuces?
Speaker 3: Did they have did they serve chicken tenders there?
Speaker 2: I do not believe they did, Elizabeth. I left before all of the dinner courses were served. But I do not think there's chicken.
Speaker 3: I think a good wedding should just be like a good party. Yes, I like that, like a wedding reception should it be?
Speaker 2: The weddings usually an indication of the marriage. And so this couple big show did not last.
Speaker 3: You're right, it is. It is an indication. And I think it's you got to do what's you You gotta be genuine and so you know, you got to throw a good party for reception. And July twenty first five special day. Okay, it's National Chicken Tender Day. And I'm going to guess there are a lot of couples out there who are like, honey.
Speaker 2: Are you being paid for this?
Speaker 3: Stop it? We got to get married on a special day, like what's some day with a lot of meaning for us? National Chicken Tender Day?
Speaker 2: Of course, Chicken tendys tends.
Speaker 3: And so you think about, okay, where should we get married? That's the other question. All right, we know the date Chicken Nash Chicken t first. How about big racle.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good to be hot?
Speaker 3: Vegas is yeah, exactly, July Vegas. So July twenty first, Vegas, and you're gonna like Okay, let's go to the iconic Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel.
Speaker 2: Why not. It sounds like there's some kind of Elvis angle. I love that.
Speaker 3: And then the big like it's really important, like who's your officiant?
Speaker 2: Oh right is maker?
Speaker 3: Break right?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 3: You got a good efficiant that's solid.
Speaker 2: It's the captain of the of the wedding.
Speaker 3: Yes, what about this? There's this guy, Manny Mayo, mister Mayo, Manny Mayo. He's like the perfect one. You know why, because Manny Mayo is the Hellman's Mayonnaise mascot. I'm showing you this picture right.
Speaker 2: Now that looks scary.
Speaker 3: This is the whole thing basically. Okay, So Hellman's Mayonnaise Sin City Wedding giveaway, so you can enter to win to get married on National Chicken Tender Day because they're promoting their new Chicken Tender dipline. Oh god, we so many people sent this to us like this has just had like alarms going off and they picked up the Elizabeth batphone. Yeah. So you can get married in the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel. It's officiated by Manny Mayo. The reception features a chicken tender tower and all these chicken tender dips, a professional photographer, and then a five thousand dollars stipend to cover travel costs. So that says entrance must be twenty one years or older and must be engaged or in a series relationship ready to tie it off. So you can't just grab a buddy and be like, listen this, we're doing this. You have until June twentieth to enter. So anyway, yeah, anyone out there who wants to get married by a jar mayo.
Speaker 2: That's the standing offer there.
Speaker 3: It is this summer boom done and who there?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Then you know what that's that is?
Speaker 2: Ps. Why you know they replaced the name for chicken tenders like in my lifetime because at one point they were often referred to as chicken fingers. Yeah, chicken fingers, which is one of the worst names for food you could ever think of, chicken fingers. It's one, chickens don't have fingers, and then two, why would you want to need a chicken You ever see fingers?
Speaker 3: Chicken feet? Like in the supermarket they call them chicken paws?
Speaker 2: Do they I've only ever seen them like in China Town. So they don't have it in English.
Speaker 3: You don't go to Walmart enough, my friend.
Speaker 5: No, I do not.
Speaker 2: They won't let me not after they lost time.
Speaker 3: I'm a connoisseur. I can tell you, like what's a good Walmart and what's like a.
Speaker 2: Subpart that's your time in the South.
Speaker 3: I did. I did my time, and now I'm an expert. Now you know American Canyon a really.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll keep that. Let me take a note American Canyon.
Speaker 3: Do you want to ever get married by a Mayo? Jar tried it in the Walmart parking lot? American came here.
Speaker 2: There's space plenty of parking. Frank Rbs, I got a fun one for you today. It's like a lazy Susan of crime. Yeah, you gave it a spin and to see what's on offer. When the spinning wheel stops. Celebrity beefs that lead to catching hands. Oh yeah, well it's not what you think because it's like sliced alone and Princess Die. They fought Steven Seagal versus pants, rotier gear, rootier gear, catching an elbow to the face and everyone's like, yeah, I get it. Shaia wants to fight Tom hardy. Oh, that's like the old. Lastly, there's that one famous beef that led to the greatest art of the twenty first century. Ready, I am daddy, Let's go. This is Ridiculous Crime a podcast. I'm at absurd and outrageous capers, heists and cons. It's always ninety nine percent murder free and it's one hundred percent ridiculous. Jeez oh, Elizabeth, where is the beef? The celebrity beef? I've got it here. Why are they so fun and always so ridiculous? Do you have any favorite celebrity beefs? Ever? Like you know, I'll give you a moment to think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need a lot of moments.
Speaker 2: Eddie van Halen versus Fred Durst of Limp Biscuit.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. Didn't that involve like a tank?
Speaker 2: He drove. Eddie van Halen drove a tank across Los Angeles to get his guitar back that he had loaned Fred Durst. That's the level of celebrity beef that I want in my life.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't really. You know, fifty beefs with a lot of people, and he's very petty, he's very good at it and he's usually pretty truthful.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's usually right.
Speaker 3: He's like dicey and real in his own life. Yes, sure, aren't we all aren't we? We're all problematic in one way or another.
Speaker 2: Vitamin water, money, just f around and find out.
Speaker 3: But I like how he'll just start, He'll just start something. Well, I mean, then you know my favorite beef.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite beef?
Speaker 3: Kendrick lamar Oh and Aubrey and Aubrey. That that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to go right to though.
Speaker 3: Do you when those when they were dropping the songs, like how exciting that was?
Speaker 2: You would text me like within minutes it.
Speaker 3: Would come out and you'd have to like listen and listen, and you're just like I would. My jaw would drop.
Speaker 2: The poetry levels are incredible, like the layers upon layers. And then the man deserves his pulitz.
Speaker 3: He's a genius.
Speaker 2: So today I've got tales of celebrity beefs that obviously border on the criminal, because that's what we do. We got fistfights, elbows, the face, heated battles.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: My favorite, though, is Steven Sagall versus Pants. So let's start with dessert. Elizabeth, do you know that Stephen Sagall was once humbled and the most fantastic way possible.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Before I tell you that story, we need to cover a little backstory. We've discussed Steven Sagall before. How could we not? The man is a walking poem of ridiculousness. I told you that one time, how he was involved in a sheriff's raid down Americopa County, Arizona, where he and a tank tag team to house and that turned into a whole debacle. Well, I got at least two other Stephen Sagall debacles for you today. Now, Steven Sagall himself needs really no backstory. I don't think he is Steven Sagal, But this story requires just a little history. Elizabeth, I want you to now meet our fighters. Okay, First we have John Leguizamo. He's fun, right him now. Anyway, when he was first starting out, he was in a movie called Executive Decision. You're familiar with this film?
Speaker 3: Vague It sounds vaguely familiar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a vague film and it came out in nineteen ninety six. As you can probably tell by the title, it was a largely forgettable nineties action thriller. In fact, it was a product of super producer Joel Silver, the guy who did Like the Batman. Now the cast is some of our favorites. There's Law and Orders bead.
Speaker 3: Wong I Love I Know.
Speaker 2: Stabas Sergeant Louis Young US Army Special Forces. And there's Joe Morton ak Eli Pope from Scandal. He plays First Sergeant Campbell Cappie Matheny this Army Special Forces. There's also Halle Berry as Jean the flight attendant, Poor Hallie. And the big star was Kurt Russell as doctor David Grant, assultant for US Army Intelligence. Then there's the other big star, Steven Sagall as Lieutenant Colonel Austin Travis.
Speaker 3: He's all Texas, Texas.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you caught that. Now you can tell by his name. He's a cowboy who's a loose cannon bit of a maverick. It's all there now, I th're under this a mix of a young actor named John Leguizamo as Captain Carlos ak Rat Lopez, Oh boy tough right, also the nineties right, also from the US Army Special Forces. Now the plot doesn't matter, it really does not, But there's nerve gas on a plane that terrors planned to detonate over Washington, d C. When that happened, right, and there's only one man who can save the world, Steven Segal, Elizabeth in the name of journalism. I didn't watch the movie, but I did watch the trailer, and it featured great lines, like in an age when terrorism knows no boundaries and the level of threat knows no limit.
Speaker 3: Wait, this is ninety six. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Cut to Kurt Russell saying to the President, Sir, I don't think this is about hostages, Elizabeth. It was not about hostages. No, it was about nerve gas. It was a passenger plane carrying a load of hijack nerve gas. It's basically a flying mass destruction device before nine to eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but luckily this is triggering.
Speaker 2: Back to the narrative when global response is routine and advanced technology can accomplish miracles, a life or death decision for hundreds of hostages in a plane or forty million civilians on the ground will come down to a choice between doing the unthinkable and the impossible. Elizabeth, will give you a week. Makes no sense. When I was writing it out, I'm like, am I missing.
Speaker 3: A line, and I have to go back and in the beginning is weird Silicon Valley ass like tech solutions.
Speaker 2: When you go back and you actually read the phrases that they're together.
Speaker 3: It's the choice. You're making a choice between.
Speaker 2: The unthinkable and the impossible, and one of those is Steven sig I don't.
Speaker 3: Even know that. I don't know where they're going with this.
Speaker 2: Warner Brothers invites you these days David's astlof runs Warner Brothers into the ground.
Speaker 3: In the nineties, get paid.
Speaker 2: Things weren't much better, apparently, because apparently Warner Brothers in doing the research on this, I was reading about it and I found this one juicy fact. Warner Brothers traded the script for Forrest Gump for the script for Executive Decision because Steven Sagal wanted to star in it.
Speaker 3: Wait stop it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they thought Forrest Gump was like, you know, that's a long shot where his executive decision, that's fire him.
Speaker 3: What if they needed to fill a film for Sagall's contract and.
Speaker 2: He was Forrest Gum, that would be incredible. Steven is Forrest Gus kicking aster history all slow.
Speaker 3: With like the like Schill Act exactly.
Speaker 2: Pulled back all type. So steven Sagall movies, they came out just prior to this one, the ones that came out prior he was on a run, and then he had one that did not do well and then another. So now he's got a two bad movie slide and this movie you got to come out and it's in production. So Wonderful is like, oh no. The be Ingcounters decide, well, you need to juice up executive decision, so they bring in Kurt Russell as a top draw and a major co star because he can't carry a movie by himself. He's insulted by that. Stevensall is like, why would you do that? So apparently his ego bristled. I mean, it hit him like a Judo chop. So what does he do? Being steven Sagall, he takes that on everyone around him.
Speaker 3: Ka Kiyak exactly, the.
Speaker 2: Cast, the crew, pretty much anyone on the set of that movie. And I remind you the cast list, Hallie Barry, Kurt Russell, bea d Wong, Joe Morton, Oliver Platt who I didn't mention before, John Leguizambo. True right, they all had to suffer through like five weeks of Steve.
Speaker 3: Wall right on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at his pissy pants worse unacceptable.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the other well, I'll give you an example. This is from John Leguizambo at the official cast rehearsals like they haven't started shooting yet. The directors there, B D Wong, is there, Joe Morton, Oliver Platt, th all there right, Yeah, in walked steven Sagal and he says to everyone in the room, I'm in command. What I saying is law.
Speaker 3: That's just open command.
Speaker 2: Aside from that, that's his opening line.
Speaker 3: I'm in command.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in command.
Speaker 3: What I say is That's how he introduces him.
Speaker 2: He establishes the tone and temper for the film with that, no further delay. Let's get ready.
Speaker 4: This part of me at the Tony Award winning Broadway actor start more than one films, the man who can play anything, mister Jo. And in this corner we have a therapeutic oil salesman, actor, writer, musician, volunteer, Shriff's deputy and martial arts master star of more than fifty films, The man who made mumble acting a thing, Mister Stevens a gold wait.
Speaker 3: Is he like a Russian citizen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're like, yeah, defected and put and give him citizenship. And he goes over there. He gives like martial arts to get.
Speaker 3: Its slow suspicions where he he kind.
Speaker 2: Of like stumble washing arounds.
Speaker 3: Around the people run into him and thrown down, and then he wears. He wears like very what's his name, Andre Leon tally Tan they have tans. Yeah, he's very like eastern end of Russia is in his.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, completely very loose. He's he's all about the flow, Elizabeth. Yeah. Now as our fighters step inside the ring, the two fighters will size each other up. Steven sagall is not known for his panther leg quickness, so expect a lumbering presence from him today. Now, John Leguizamo, he can move like a spider monkey on a coke binch. He's got the speed, he's got. The agility question is is can he get inside? Steven Sagah has got the height and the reach. Let's see what the opening move is. Okay, Steven Seagal is lumbering around, as we said, that's to be expected. John Leguizamo is sizing him up, and he looks ready to Yes, here comes a first strike, Elizabeth, it's a yes. John Leguizamo is laughing in his face in a mocking tone. He's scoffing at the self, serious Sagal. That's gonna be a wounding blow. Oh, the big man does not like that. Look at his face. You have no. Here's Segall's response. His hand shoots forward. Oh he makes contact. Oh that looks painful. John Leguizamo's just shoved across the film set with some kind of kung fu chop. Legazambo is not gonna be getting up anytime soon. Oh, kids, let's even get a word from the actor. Mister, mister leg Guzambo, how are you feeling? Can you tell us what happened at this point? Elizabeth? The actor looks up.
Speaker 3: From their Bike's all right? When he walks in and introduces him.
Speaker 2: No, no, this is I'm just describing. If this is the imagined moment, I'm just describing for you, that's their entire fight. He laughed in his face, and all of a sudden, Steven Sagall decides I'm gonna go full martial artists on you and throws them across the room. Here's how mister leg Ozamo. Can we tell us anything about what happened. The actor looks up and says, so I started laughing, and he slammed me with like an aketo elbow against a brick wall, knocked all the air out of me. I dropped to the ground. All I could say was why why there? You're having elizabeth An artists recreation of the fight between Steve Sagal and jogging leg Gizambo. But I don't want you to think that Sigal got the last laugh in that. According to Legizambo, quote, on the days when we shot the scene when he died, I showed up so early. I wanted to see him die. It was like a fantasy. So he did and he got to enjoy that. Catharsis now recently very.
Speaker 3: Alert by the way that he dies in the movie.
Speaker 2: He said in an interview that he based his character in the movie The Menu on Steven Sagal. Miss John leg was over and I guess the character is this terrible person because leg was. Amo added that Sagal was the perfect fit as the model for the character because quote, he's kind of a horrible human.
Speaker 3: So this goes around assaulting people exactly.
Speaker 2: It's similar to George Clooney and David Russell were like decades later, he's still using him as like the high or low water mark in this case. Now, remember I said Steven Sagall versus his pants at the top. Yes, he says, Well, there's this guy named Jean LaBelle. Okay, he was a badass. He was. He was a real judo master, and he was also a legit buddy of Bruce Lee. He was a stunt coordinator, worked with Bruce Lee when Bruce Lee was in Hollywood back like on the Green Hornet. Now he's this legit martial arts instructor, total stunt coordinator. The studios love him, total pro works in Hollywood forever. Right this point, it's nineteen ninety one, Steven Sagall is coming up. He's at this point make his name. LaBelle was working as a stunt coordinator on Sigal's like big first hit out for Justice. Okay, yeah, which, if you don't know, is this nineties action film right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, so you can probably tell from the meaningless title it's an action film. So at the time, LaBelle fifty eight years old. He doesn't like bullies, he doesn't like braggarts, blowhards and bs artists.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Coincidentally, Steven Sagal is all of those. So Steven Sagal had this standing boast at the time apparently that he was I'm immune to choke holds, like he would.
Speaker 3: Tell out there, because someone's gonna come.
Speaker 2: And correct the record completely. He would tell, well, you know, like all martial artists like train a lot, he trained, he claimed enough that he could, I am immune to being choked out.
Speaker 3: He you know what, I'd be like, let me give it a shot.
Speaker 2: That's what Gean LeBell was thinking.
Speaker 3: So and then I come up behind with a garrot.
Speaker 2: He didn't go as far as you now. Monday, on the film set, Steven Sagal was like bad mouthing a stunt man for like apparently I guess he did practicing a choke holt or something and he wasn't doing it very well. And Sigal is mistreating the guys. So this badass stunt coordinator, Jean Lebel, stands up for his stunt man, and I'm guessing LeBell, you know, criticize the choke hold the Cigal was applying, and Seagall's like, well, it wouldn't be a problem for me. I just remember I'm immune to choke hold because you know, Segall's like, you know, basically defending the fact of how he's abusing the staff or the crew, you know, and so Labelle's like, you can't be doing that, not on my set. He's like, oh yeah, well, I guess he's just not immune to choke O. Maybe he should train more. Like he's just being a jerk, right, He's being about cigall jerk where he's just like, just like, I can slow my heart rate down, so it's not a problem for me, you know, like that kind of stuff you would think I'm dead. You can basically imagine if he's like the one kid when you were ten who would say like the wildest stuff and you just knew he was lying, but you didn't want to challenge him because then he would literally probably do something to hurt himself. Right. He's like, so you're saying, I couldn't joke you out anyway. Sagall is like, uh, you know, he basically tells LeBell like, you know, mind your own business. Labelle's like, man, I've heard you talk and I could choke you out, Like you think you could choke me out. I'm immune. So la Bell's like, I could choke you out, and he's like, no, I'm not good, I'm immune. Don't they get into it? And apparently at some point seems Sagull's like, yeah, let's get into position go and he lets him put the squeeze on him. Three two one, Steven Sagall's head laws he goes out right because Label's yeah, no joke. And apparently while he's out, he soils himself and I'm talking like he filled both the front and the back of his jeans. Yeah, karate gee whatever he was wearing. So before he passed away, Jean Lebel spoke with the MMA journalist Ariel Helwani, right, and this guy wanted to get the story from him because he would never tell the story. He wouldn't, so finally he gets LaBelle to tell the story and he's like, all right, well we had a little altercation or difference of opinion. There were thirty stuntmen and cameramen that were watching. Sometimes Steven has a tendency to cheese off to the wrong people. You can get hurt doing that. So he's just like classic tough guy, right, but what does he mean by that? Exactly? The guy presses him. La Bell goes well, if a guy soils himself, you can't criticize. And because if they just had a nice big dinner an hour before, you might just have a tendency to do that. So he basically can you know, it confirms that he made him crap out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you filled his palazzo pants now.
Speaker 2: Also, right before he finishes his story, he says, at one point, you know, he's talking about like why he doesn't tell the story and like why Steven Stigall shouldn't talk so much, and he uses his pure dojo wisdom. He's like, closed mouth, don't catch any foot. Oh, I'm adding that to the mantra for Burnett. Hey Burnett, remember closed mouth, don't catch any foot. Anyway, on that note, let me close my mouth. We'll take or break, listen to some ads, chill out, and be back in.
Speaker 5: Two and too.
Speaker 2: Hey Elizabeth, we're back. You ready for round two of celebrity beefs?
Speaker 3: I sure am now for.
Speaker 2: This next one. I have an equally strange pairing of in this case men, both egotists. One is a lover not a fighter, a reported pacifist, a Buddhist and the Dali Lama's best buddy in Hollywood. Yeah, there is Sevester Saloon. So any guesses on who the other stars in this The next Fighter are undercard?
Speaker 3: Who's the tolly Lama pal? Richard Gear?
Speaker 2: Yes, the next Fighting or cards a wild one producer?
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 4: In this corner we have the American Jiggelow himself the officer or was he the gentleman who knows the john though to her pretty woman, mister Richard Gear. And in this corner, Elizabeth, we have the Italian stallion Tango.
Speaker 2: Was he Cash?
Speaker 4: He's the brother of Frank. He's the one with the first blood energy, the man who has a knife named after his character Rambo. That's right, Rocky Balbo himself.
Speaker 2: Now, if you can believe it now that we got these two guys into our metaphysical ring, Yes, they get into it right. But before they were famous, oh before they were matinee idols. Back when they were both young up and comers looking for their big break, trying to catch time on film. They were both in a film called The Lords of Flatbush. Oh yeah, you know that in nineteen seventy four films set in nineteen fifty eight Brooklyn. It's a story about a group of black leather clad greasers with their slick back hair. One of them is Fonsie, but he's playing different character. Hey, wrinklers in it. Richard Gear and Sylvester Sloan are in it, But that all changed because of the story I'm about to tell you, because Richard Gear was not in it when the film was done. The story goes on the set of Lords of Flatbush. Stallone used to clock Richard Gear doing his best like cock of the walk parade around the set and it bothered Stallone. Right, he had like a real inferiority complex when he was a young man, and it just he just triggered it hit all the buttons, like just put his hands on the keyboard of Stallone. So Richard Gear, he knew he was a pretty boy with good hair, and he acted like it. And so Stloone burns with envy. So I found Stallone's versions of this story. So Stallone was once he did at Ama on the old fan site. Ain't it cool news?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: And I found that he tells the story of how he has his beef with Richard Gear began and now take it away, Sylvester Stallone. He would stride around his oversized motorcycle jacket like. He was the baddest night at the round table. One day, during an improv, he grabbed me simulate the fight scene. Guys look carried away. I told him that Joe fashioned lighting up, but he was completely in character, impossible to deal with. So this is the beginning. They're already budding, had young actors, right, but you have to understand they're on a film together, so they were guaranteed way more interactions when they weren't on in front of the camera. Then came the Coney Island incident. That's what I'm calling it, Island incident. Back to stallone and his ain't a cool news reporting on his own past. We were rehearsing Coney Island and it was lunch time, and so we decided to take a break. And the only place that was warm was in the back seat of a Toyota. I was eating the hot dog and he climbs in with half a chicken and covered in mustard, with grease nearly dripping out of an aluminum wrapper.
Speaker 3: Wait, he got a half chicken.
Speaker 2: Yes, Richard Gear climbs into the back of a Toyota with half of a chicken covered in mustard. I thought you would now already seen it. In the back of that same Toyota slide, Stalone is eating like what I'm imagining is a Nathan's famous hot dog. So with that imagewelling mind, back to Stallone's story and Richard Gear and his greasy mustard coated half a chicken. I said, that thing is gonna drip all over the place, and he said, yeah, I don't worry about it. I said, if it gets on my pant, you're gonna know about it. He proceeds to bite into the chicken and a small greasy river of mustard lands on my thigh. I opened them in the side of the head and basically pushed them out of the car.
Speaker 3: So and then they're all piled into a car. Totally greasy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the back of a Toyota.
Speaker 3: Lords of Flats in the seventies.
Speaker 2: No one had Toyota in the seventies.
Speaker 3: No Lords of Flat bushes. It was like you see it. I saw it at Blockbuster, like on the shelf, like that looks cool, and then you get it like I wasted it.
Speaker 2: That's why I've never had wasted at that thought. Also, I love it in this moment, so thatst just stones like my clothing, my pan mysla.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's up, tough guys like.
Speaker 2: You gotta get out of Toyota. It was it a sedan, I imagine, like a Toyota celica, one of those.
Speaker 3: Inten They climbed into the bed of a pickup.
Speaker 2: There you go. I don't think it'd be warm. But they're right up in blankets together looking at the stars.
Speaker 3: With one of the cats over.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, but at this point, now that's creepier. It is creepier put them in the back of a truck. So the film has a problem because two of their leads do not like each other. And you can't have battling stars, or you can if you if your director's good at it, like a Hitchcock or somebody like that. But if also it's a problem because they're the lesser names on the marquee. You don't want that kind of distraction. I do not I did not know. I could not tell you.
Speaker 3: It doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: So at this point, Stallone well back to story. He tells the story. The director had to make a choice. One of us had to go, one of us had to stay. Richard was given this walking papers and to this day seriously disliked me. He even thinks I'm the individual responsible for the Durbil ruma not true, that's the rumor. Well, well, Rocky, Rocky, let him up. You're killing Rocky.
Speaker 3: Come on, respect for adult professionals who can't pull it together and just you know, we all have to work with people can't stand. But it's like, you know, I've had jobs where it's just like, oh my god, if I hear this person talk one more time, But you do your job and like to be like, oh, it's him or me, it's not your project.
Speaker 2: Well you're not. Sylvester Stallone, Yes, thank god. But by the way, I wasn't going to bring it up. But since he did, he ends with the big whammy, the Richard Gear Durable story. And if you don't know where that is, you can look it up. But I've never considered this before. But now that he brought it up, do you think that Sylvester Stallone started the.
Speaker 3: Durable rumor if he said it like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because here he is, decades later, no one's brought it up, and he's bringing it up like a little more life.
Speaker 3: How amazing are those kind of rumors that spread pre internet?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh yeah, everybody knew that. Everyone heard that because it was the elements were so amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like, how did we all know that? How did the word get around?
Speaker 2: It's just the elements. One person tells another person, it's a story that's going to hit it in as long as one person hears it, they're going to tell people, and then they tell two people. It's literally one of those like, I.
Speaker 3: Think I think it was sl I think he's freaky.
Speaker 2: If this was the Mafia, he's the rat.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, fast forward two decades to the nineteen nineties. Now they've both become stars, and their stars are fading and they're trying to reclaim their stars and they both have movies doing well in the nineties, so they're on their second wave of stardom. Elton John is hosting a party at his home for Jeffrey Katzenberg, who is still with Disney at this point. Party, I thought, so, it's part of the that you'd like to start. I love you have part of the schmoozing of what and boozing that goes on in a Hollywood film promotional tour in the nineties, is you have a party at Elton John. So it's nineteen ninety four and Disney had the Lion King out, just roaring across film screens worldwide. Everybody you know it. So Elton John throws a party in London, right, I guess half of everybody is there because also there that night is Richard Gear and you guessed it, Sly the low. Oh my god, Elton John doesn't know not to invite the two of them.
Speaker 3: Well, and he you know, he's really hitting the A list.
Speaker 2: They still hate each other, by the way. Also at the party is a newly single and looking to mingle, Princess Diana of Wales. We'll leave it to Sir Elton to tell the story straight away. Richie Gear and Diana seemed very taken with each other. Now at this point, Richard Gear has married and divorced Cindy Crawford, and Princess Diana had done the same to Prince Charles, now King Charles. Apparently they were both feeling little thirsty, or as you would say, she was warm for his form and he was aching. He was aching for her bacon. I'd just made that one up for you. A for her bacon doesn't make sense anyway, as the rest of the US chatted, I couldn't help notice a strange atmosphere in the room, judging by the kinds of looks he kept shooting them. Diana and Richie Gear's newly blossoming friendship was not going down with Sylvester Stallone at all.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 2: I think he may have turned up to the party with the express intention of picking Diana up, only to find his plans for the evening ruined.
Speaker 3: Sylvester he was going to pull Princess.
Speaker 2: Doe at Elton John's house in London, and then he got there and Richard Gear, his old nemesis, he's too captain good hair.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I could see Richard Gear happening, but like Sylvester Stallone, like Stan, you're Lane my manly, No, you're no Dodie.
Speaker 2: So we got Elton John now clocking sad boy Stallone as he's losing the princess had pretty boy good hair, I mean Richard Gear. Now, what happens next will likely not surprise you. Cut to the dinner service portion of this London dinner party. Everyone is seated for dinner. Elton notices that there are two prominent seats empty, Sylvester Stallone and richerd Gear. Where where could they be? Elizabeth? So Elton John calls for his husband, David Furnish, Yeah, sends him out to investigate. David good look, and in no time he finds the two eighties matinee idols outside. They're both squaring up to each other, apparently about to settle their differences over Diana by having a fistfight.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they've literally done that. You will take this outide, I'm going to have a duel over the lad lady. So Elton John's husband breaks up the fist fight between Richard Gear and s Lester Stallone, so mactor Sir Elton. After dinner, Diana and Richard Gear resumed their position together in front of the fire, and Sylvester's stormed off her so in his retreat, though Sly apparently had enough time to stop and tell Elton that he quote never would have come if he knew Prince Effin Charming was gonna be there. Oh my god, I don't know why that story delights me so much.
Speaker 3: It's incredible.
Speaker 2: This it's a simple tale, a fist fight, but somehow reveals how ridiculous our world is. Yeah, what brings me to my favorite beef of the bunch. In this corner, Producer, if you don't mind. In this corner, we.
Speaker 7: Have the bean of Shi's existence, the venom man Denham, the one time rapper turn Hollywood actor turned dog dad.
Speaker 6: This daughter.
Speaker 2: We have the man who's more than meets the eye, the.
Speaker 4: Artist not in residence, the angriest man in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Shine, you told the story of Willie Carter Sharp, the moonshine running Prohibition era getaway driver.
Speaker 3: I certainly did.
Speaker 2: Femme fatale, all around badass.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Well. Tom Hardy and Shia La Booth starred in a movie about her family, well her gang, right, the twenty twelve film Lawless Yeah, based on the book The Wettest County in the World. Yes, about Prohibition era backwoods gangster brothers. Yea, the BonDurant family. In the film they play the BonDurant Brothers. A great movie.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And well, during the production of that movie, apparently there were tensions amongst these very taught actors.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The two notably intense like everybody else, These are probably the most intense working actors other than Danielda Lewis and a couple others.
Speaker 3: Sure, and you know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, one day they get into a bit of a tussle. And here's how Tom Hardy tells the tale. I got knocked out by Shia Labuff actually in wedd Is County, apparently, and the apparently is there for effect. He lets the statement sink in that one Shia Labouf knocked him out, and two he's unaware of it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, because Tom Hardy knows how ridiculous that must sound. Yeah, exactly, And there's something he knows that you don't know. And after the appropriate pause, and because he's a good storyteller, Tom Hardy picks his story back up and as the missing details, saying, how quote it was behind the scenes, No, he did, he knocked me out, sparko. How cold. He's a bad, bad boy he is. He's quite intimidating as well. He's a scary dude. So some folks might hear that and think he's kidding, he's joshing around. But I know what he knows. I learned without the benefit of having to be punched by Shia Labuff. Elizabeth, you want to know what Tom Hardy and I.
Speaker 3: Know about Shile I do.
Speaker 2: He's a legitimate LA gang banger.
Speaker 3: He's a gang banger for real, No, for real, they no jokes.
Speaker 2: Is full on jumped in never jumped Doug gang member from back when he was a kid actor and coming up on Disney shows. He was also poor, living in a mostly Mexican neighborhood right by the east side by Dodger Stadium. He joined a gang and he used to do all that slap boxing and fighting thirteen. He can throw hands. He is a well trained street kid.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Shy is also a live wire as a person. If you leave that aside, he's troubled. You put that together, sparky guy. He's like that old timer at the bar you do not want to fight. That's him right, Like an Irish boxer, a bare knuckle boxer. Anyway, back to the story, is Tom Hardy tells it, He just attacked me. He was drinking moonshine. I was wearing a cardigan and it went down. I woke up in peanuts.
Speaker 3: Arms wearing a card again.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Peanut is his personal trainer who was keeping him in shape for the movie. And so when his personal trainer sees Shy Labouth knock out Tom Hardy. According to Tom Hardy, Peanut was concerned for me. I was like, what was that? He was lightning fast and he said that was Shaya And I said, can we go home now? No, We've got still three weeks to finish.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you asked the director Jim Hillcote, he tells a much different story. I found an ama on your favorite site. Read it. He said that Shia did not knock out Tom Hardy or has he answered the question quote, No, that's not true. But there was definitely a fight between them. It escalated the point where they had to both be restrained. But I was very pleased to hear it didn't go that way because I would hate to see the outcome. Oh god right. Yeah. So lastly, we have the man who threw the hands, Shia.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He tells two versions because he's like the Bob Dylan of acting. You ain't gonna get the same story twice. So the first version, which he told Indy Wire, was quote, yeah, that's a bunch of We used to wrestle all the time, and Tom Hardy is a big person, especially then he's getting ready to play Baine. So there's more to the story than that, because this was the first version he told. But In the second version, there's way more detail, like stripped down, show the world everything sort of detail. According to he had just finished to work out at his house, on his on set house, and then Tom Hardy swings by with his trainer from the gym and he comes bounding into Shia's place, but Shi is already occupied. He's in bed with his girlfriend songs clothing, Tom Hardy do not care. Tom Hardy's like, I rock with no clothing. So anyway, this is how Shia tells the story on the Wings and Hot Sauce Show, Hot Ones.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, quote we used to.
Speaker 2: We tell each other all the time, but it just so happened that this one week, my girlfriend was in town and he runs into the room and this girl I was with at the time was terrified. She covered up, she ran into the kitchen and he picked me up and I didn't have nothing on. So now I'm naked on his shoulder and we're in the hallway. We're wrestling around. I'm like Peanut, Peanut is filming at all, And I'm like, Peanut, you can't be filming this shit. And then we're like wrestling. I got upset about it because he got the better of me, but I'm in some like some weird twisty naked position. We're here, Am I over here? And I'm like, oh, dude not And he wound up engine over to the stairs. We're like like the stairs of the balcony were he fell downstairs and he wound up hurting his back. And so for the rest of the shoot he told everybody I knocked him out. That wasn't the case. We're having some sort of cuty wrestling match, some sort of cutie wrestling.
Speaker 3: Match, and he was wearing a card again exactly.
Speaker 2: So there's the story apparently told all the ways. There's the cubest version of this story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we have we have a crime of like I got knocked out.
Speaker 2: I got knocked out by surprise and walking up by my trainer another one. I surprised him while he was like infilegro delecto breaking entry and breaking entering, and I had Peanut filming it.
Speaker 3: Peanut, and then Peanut, what's happening with you?
Speaker 2: Peanut?
Speaker 3: You're making it weird, like how did you get into this? So there you go, Elizabeth, Peanut, Why are you so easily manipulated?
Speaker 2: Yes, maybe if if Tom Hardy was gonna jump off a bridge, Peanut, would you jump off the bridge? I don't know those film it.
Speaker 3: If I'm hanging with Tom Hardy's like filming every I'm gonna film, film this.
Speaker 2: I make sure to film everything.
Speaker 3: I love that job. It's just like, hey, you know you gotta stay above ground and paid.
Speaker 2: That's true. Those are for Hollywood interactions, Elizabeth, as much of the truth of their supposed rivalry and fistfight as I think we're gonna learn unless Peanut releases the tapes. Oh yeah, Peanut, So let's take another break and after these messages, we'll be back with the best of the bunch.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: I saved the best for last.
Speaker 3: I did too, did you?
Speaker 2: That's where I look.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: This next one takes place at the met Galla. It was a decade ago, a more innocent time. The year was twenty fourteen yea, and this next mad scene went down in an elevator. Okay, before our last tale, is I present to you when a Beef Royale Jay Z versus Solange Knowles.
Speaker 3: I love this so much.
Speaker 2: Before we dive in, you know the fullness of the story, correct, You know all the gritty and gossipy details pretty much. Well, we'll get to the albums and related songs later, but for now, let's start with the interested parties. As you know, jay Z and Beyonce were married at the time and remained married to this day. Cilange Knowles is Beyonce's younger sister and remains her younger sister to this day. Yes, at no point did she become her older sister.
Speaker 3: So that's pretty good achievement.
Speaker 2: Dude, my sister passed me up. Now she's my little big sister. I'm like, God, this is so terrible and I'm the little big brother now. As you also know, Anna Wintour is the grand Dome of the Met Gala. She comes up with the theme for the year. It's the guest list of stars, celebrities, glitterati, blah blah blah. It's her party evening this evening twenty fourteen. It's a charming affair. Rihanna was there all white. Naomi Campbell was there, also in all white. Tom Brady and Giselle Bunchin were there in matching black. Her and Ballanciaga. Yeah. The theme for the year the Met was Charles James Courtier and for men, it was white tie. Very simple theme that year, now, which is why David Beckham wore a white dinner jacket tuxedo while Victoria Beckham wore matching white as The Cut reported quote, Victoria Beckham wears dressed by Victoria Beckham. David Beckham wears shoes by Christian lebutin so but I'm sure I was saying that wrong. Anyway, I just love Victoria Beckham wears dressed by Victoria Beckham.
Speaker 3: Following the dress It's like as if she was like sewing it herself workshop.
Speaker 2: Her handmade dress had of curtains, so following the dress code. Jay Z also wore a white jacket dinner coat tuxedo. Right, so he's looking like Rick from Casa Blanca Beyonce war Javon. She with a veil like very nineteen twenties, very early thirties. Look, you know. Anyway, things didn't get spicy at the met gala proper. Instead, it was at the after party. There you go. That is where all the drama is lurking. At the after party. Solange apparently was already in a sour mood that night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if her heels were killing her after a long night or what. But from what I gleaned from the gossip sites and the subreddits, yeah, Solange was walking around in the after party with a sour face, pissed off, and she bumps into the designer Rachel Roy Okay, I think Rachel roy came up to her. That's kind of what I've read. Yeah, this is notable for two reasons. One, Rachel roy is the ex wife of jay Z's former business partner.
Speaker 3: Dame Dash Oh right, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And two, rumor has it she is Becky with the good hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So at this point, Hello Bey.
Speaker 2: The alleged Becky with the good hair stops Solange andols at the party. They have some exchange. Rachel roy says something jacked up, something that hits. It's like vinegar and her glass of milk, and Solange makes our face extrema walks off, but she's not done being mad because it's provocations. But she is in fact far from being done. At this point, Solange is like hell to the no to this after party, right. She goes up to find her big sister, Beyonce, so she can tell her that Rachel Royd just had the gall to come up and get in my face and say to me, and she tells her we are noping out of this after party right now. My point is Solange heated right redlining. They go turbine. She finds Beyonce, I'm guessing with one look, her big sister's like okay, and then gave her security the sign like start exit plan B. Right. So now they are ready to pop, and Beyonce tells her security people, you know they coordinated. Jay Z is notified Beyonce and Solangenole's head for the exits together in one group, right, So she got Beyonce, jay Z, Solange security team head for the exits. Guided by their bodyguards, they come to an elevator. Solange is holding herself back with all of her might from whatever Rachel Roy just told her. She knows her big sister needs her to not make a scene at the met gala, both for herself but mostly for Beyonce. But she's a sensitive soul. Elizabeth.
Speaker 3: She's like one of those impossibly cool people, Like there's like a handful totally where it's like she's so cool in the sense of like so out there the original Yeah, yeah, York's one three thousand, You're just like I can't. I don't. I don't even know what atmosphere you're in, but you're.
Speaker 2: Just Lauren Hill's kind of.
Speaker 3: There and possibly cool. Yeah, anyway, she's just so anyway.
Speaker 2: So she's also super duper protective of her big sister. She's like a little sister extreme to the like, I'll get violent, I will tear her faces. So anyway, at this point, Solons and Knowles is rocking around like a bear in an airplane bathroom, right, and she can barely contain herself, nor can the bathroom contain her. She knows the volume of her rage is going to get just like like you church cathedrals couldn't hold it once she lets it out, no telling what will happen. She knows this about herself. She's trying to get to that elevator. Nobody else knows this. The elevator arrives right, doors open. Solange is the first to step into this tiny box right. She's holding a clutch purse. Jay Z follows her, and then Beyonce's trailing after. Jay Z security like one of their primary large bodied bodyguards. He steps into there and he's hold the door for Beyonce, so he's got his back to the inside of the elevator. He's looking out watching her approach. And now this is a small hotel elevator, it's not like a big thing. And the doors close once Beyonce steps in. Now no one can see them right when Beyonce is about to step in, But just before the doors close, Solange can't help herself and starts getting in jay Z's face. So people see the beginnings of a scene, and then the door's closed. Ultimate mystery. But once there's no longer any worries of making a scene, Now Solange is able to let it out in order to tell you what happens when Solange goes boom. Elizabeth, I need you to close your eyes and I'd like you to a picture. It's been a long night for you, Elizabeth. Three weeks ago you were in Indio, California, there for a surprise performance by your boss, Beyonce at her sister Solange's headliners said at Coachella, that was no fun for you. The backstage was barely secure. Seemed like anyone everyone in their dog walker could get a pass backstage. Keeping Beyonce safe from the nutters is a full time job. But when you're adding close exposure to folks at a place like Coachella. It's like you're a secret service for the President, only more important because you're protecting Beyonce. Now tonight, the gig has been a stranger. New York is always a challenge for bodyguards. There's so much having to go down to the street to leave, unlike say La, where it's a car built culture and the resulting parking lots built underneath the buildings provide far less exposure for the stars. The ins and outs are much easier from a security perspective, which has been a little easier than say Coachella. That's because an a Whim Tour runs a tight shit along with her husband Jay Z, as well as her sister Solange, are in Manhattan to hit on a Win Tour's annual fashion mega event and met gala. You knew that meant a long night for you and your sore dogs. It has been exactly that. Now your fallen arches are aching. You cannot wait to get home and take off these brand new dress shoes. But the first you have to endure this afterparty. That's where you are now at the Standard hotel. Thankfully, Beyonce has just given you the signal to clear an exit path. You and your team do exactly that, crisp clear, just as you practice. Now she's stepping into the elevator, following her husband, Jay Z and her sister Solange. You hold the door open for Beyonce, just like you practice. Your head has turned so you don't exactly see how it starts. You just hear it. Before the elevator doors can fully closed, Solange must spin around on her heels, and she gets in Jay's face, and she hear her ask is it true? Is it true? He has no idea what she's talking about her, So it seems because Jass, is what true? You heard me?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Troy Aikman looking sob this is a problem for you. You know what Beyonce would want you to do, So you do that. You start furiously tapping the closed door button. The doors do not react quickly enough because Solange has gone full mask off. She's dropped any pretense at proper behavior. She gets right in her brother in law's face and yells, spittle hitting his face. Did you do it? Jay's like, do what?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: What you hear Solange say? As you turn back, finally, still hoping these damn elevator doors will close. Solange ain't waiting for anything. She throws a right She tries to hit jay Z in the face with her tasteful beaded clutch, but Jay is too street to get caught sleeping like that. He's also quick to raise a hand and block it, so Solange pulls back for a second blow. The elevator doors are just about to close. Tay blocks it again. The doors closed, Solange ain't done. She pulls back, and this time Jay isn't quick enough to block it. Her right hand connects with his famous face. Meanwhile, you don't know what to do. It's hold so wrong, so fast, you never expect the threat to come from inside the family. After a moment of hesitation, you reach around and surround the lounge with your arms, and you hold her back from going full Muhammed Ali on Hove's face. But she's still not done, and she's got two other limbs you have not restrained, so she uses those limbs. You feel her squirm as she sets up, and then Kiah, she kicks jay Z. He catches her foot. She kicks them again. You realize you're gonna need to fully separate them, so you pull the lune back further. She senses it, and she takes another swipe at jay Z with her right foot before she's out of range. She misses. You are impressed. Her commitment to hurting him is remarkable. You elbow the emergency stop button and pause the elevator between the floor somewhere between the twelve, eleventh and twelfth floors. You hope that your quick thinking will keep this fight from becoming headline news tomorrow. And then you look up and you see it the surveillance camera in the corner of the elevator. You sigh to yourself, so much for your quick thinking. They're a professional now. What you don't realize at the time is that you just witness an event that will lead to not one, but two albums, not one but two tours, as well as the incredible visual album Lemonade that establishes Beyonce as the pre eminent multi media artist or her generation. That's all it comes for. Now, they need to get out of this building without making more of a scene. It's decided that while the three exit the met Gala after party together, the husband and wife do not leave together in the same car. Beyonce and Solange are escorted to one car. Security takes jay Z to a different car. Oh yeah, I read everything I could find on this one. At this point, what it happened was Rachel Roy alleged to be the woman that jay Z slept with, cheating on his wife Beyonce. She came up to Beyonce's sister and said in her face that she essentially was the one, and like, maybe I'm going to be You're gonna be the ex sister in law or something to this effect, intimating that jay Z and her had known each other in the biblical sense clan did not let her finish all of her thought before she told her where she should go. It's spun around, right, So this provokes Solange and then she immediately confronts jay Z is this true, which then leads to the squabble up because he denies it and she knows he's lying. Next, Beyonce and jay Z then have a convo about his alleged infidelity. Jay Z's first impulse is to lie, right, he denies it. Yeah, he does that for a while, but lying to Beyonce ain't easy. No, the truth is gonna come out, is it?
Speaker 5: Did?
Speaker 2: Jay Z admits he did, in fact have an affair. Beyonce is shot heartbroken. She's faced with a difficult decision. Can she forgive his Troy Aikmanflikan face and or does she even want to fight for her marriage? She answers those two questions and others, and it leads to the greatest work of art of the twenty first century, her visual album Lemonade. I know you love it as much as I do, prisked more than I do. I don't know, so, but I got to ask, what's your favorite track or video or lyric or turn a phrase anything from Lemonade that just jumps to mind.
Speaker 3: It's the whole thing. It's it is so genius. Yes, it's a beautiful, genius album. But the visual it's.
Speaker 2: The New Orleans stuff like the cock car and then the little boy in front of and so everything, the big hat and the nodding. I mean, like the moment so z he you know, at this point, you know he knows he's wrong. Everybody knows he's wrong. Becauade.
Speaker 3: It's such a great journey to the narrative of it.
Speaker 2: It's a master work. I mean it literally is a master work. And she like talks about like her decision to forgive and her restoration of herself and like like she has to like be honest with herself and like, you know, her dream is gone, her fantasies are gone, her illusions are gone. Now she has to be you know, real with her love.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So after all this and all the claim and and love she gets for what Lemonade is, jay Z goes to the lab with pen and a pad and then he starts scratching out layer. He comes back with his album four forty four.
Speaker 3: Which is a fantastic out also very good album. Right, it's also like notes from My Therapy.
Speaker 2: Well, he's got that one song Killed jay Z. Yes, what a great title. He essentially admits his infidelity in that, and he tried to make Beyonce believe him over her sister. Yeah, and how both of those acts were very wrong, both trying belonging to her and trying to split her from her sister. Essentially, yes, or as he rhymed it, you egg Selange on no one all along all you had to say I was wrong in case that was too subtle. He also had another song on the album called I Apologize Often Woman Eyed. I don't deserve you.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: But you know, in that moment, you don't be subtle, like write your message in the sky, write a song and record a whole album about it.
Speaker 3: You want to.
Speaker 2: Hold on to Beyonce once again, he's able to keep Beyonce from leaving him. And because of his infidelity. And in the end, it wasn't jay Z versus Salange, it was jay Z versus jay Z. Yeah, he was the rival he made along the way.
Speaker 3: As for Beyonce, what if he would have pressed charges against her.
Speaker 2: Fun, Yeah, totally that would have been really like the whole legal assault on her.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: As for Beyonce, Lemonade is considered, as I said, we both said, no Bs one of the greatest works of art of the modern era and I'm not I'm not kidding. Rolling Stone ranked the best album of this century. Yeah, and the thirty second album of all time of all the albums ever recorded. The album won Grammys, that won MTV Video Music Awards, it won a Peabody Award. Yeah, right, all because so Launch stayed true and because jay Z tried to lie but had to come clean. And Beyonce how she turned her pain and grief and confusion and her restoration into art. That's why we call her the Queen. So there you go. And also she still wasn't done because in case Jay Z or anyone else needed a reminder. On her song Cozy off of her album Renaissance, Beyonce sag the lyrics confident. Damn. She lethal might have suggest you don't with my ci because she comfortable. And that's where we leave this one, Elizabeth, it's Beyonce getting the last word. I got to ask you, what's a ridiculous take away here?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. You know, these the egos involved are so severe, you know, like I think that's none of them are able to kind of let go of the ego. Even Richard gear Mister.
Speaker 2: You know, I never believed that Buddhist stuff. Nothing about what he does seems very Buddhist, hanging out with the Dalai Lama, No.
Speaker 3: Exactly, but you know, I just I'm still really hung up on sliced alone, thinking he had a chance with princess.
Speaker 2: Princess, like you like, it's ridiculous. You know, I once met him. That's why my my my spot on accurate accents, They're like, wearon was did you guys get sta loan for this. Well, it's because I met him.
Speaker 3: So I met him too.
Speaker 2: Did you like when you actually I met his kid?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like thirteen, and she's you know where, We're on the ski lift in Park City, Utah. Nice And I sat next to him and then stallone not almost knocked my brother over coming down the.
Speaker 2: Very that's very stallone the hill.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got to talk paint in colors with him for an hour walking around and he was just inventing colors. He's like, I think this room should be a we were we were painting his office for his production and I was in my house painting days. Elizabeth.
Speaker 3: Wow, anyway, profile I know.
Speaker 2: Right, just name dropping over here. So yeah, and then there's more to that story, but I will not tell it.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: You in the moon for a talkback? Yes, you can wash away please? Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I went get hey, guys. I was just listening to the saga of Chewy the Mespipe Raccoon, and Elizabeth had mentioned that maybe they'll make a movie about a raccoon like Cocaine Bear.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: They actually did. It's in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: It was called Crack Coon, And I tried looking up IMDb notes about it. There was not much there, sorry, but I thought that that was ridiculous and you guys could totally go check it out if you need something to do. That is one ridiculous krackcoon.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is because those little trash pandas deserve that kind of treatment.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, thank you for that. Yes well.
Speaker 2: As always you can find us online of Ridiculous Crime on the social media's and we now have our account Ridiculous Crime Pod on YouTube all one phrase, and we have our website ridiculous Crime dot com also one phrase. I think we just won a Kleio Award for best advertising in Europe. Oh nice, very exciting. Cool and uh we love your talkback, so please go to the iHeart app download it and leave a talk back, you know, and maybe hear your voice on care and we can go yeah man. But you can also keep it old school if you like. You can email us if you want at ridiculous Crime at gmail dot com. We like those two, but please start it out. Da producer d thank you for listening and we will catch you next crime. Ridiculous Crime is hosted by Elizabeth Dutton and Zarin Brunette, produced and edited by Solange Knowles sparring partner and jay Z's secret ghostwriter for his greeting cards dayksdu and starring Annaly's Rutgers as Judith. Research is by Shia Lubouf's Worst Nightmare, Marissa Brown. Our theme song is by Thomas We Do This for You the People, Lee and Travis was that supposed to be? Bame? Okay Dutton. The host wardrobe provided by Body five hundred. Guest hair and makeup by Sparkleshot and mister Andre. Executive producers are Ben Honey Boy is an underrated movie, Bowling and Noel. Jay Z should have known better, but thankfully we got Lemonade.
Speaker 5: Brown.
Speaker 3: Reds. Crime Say It one more time, weus cry.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous Crime is a production of iHeartRadio. Four more podcasts from my heart Radio. Visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.