Speaker 1: Guess who just got back today. They're Frooklyn Balls that had been away. They both have so much to see. You know. Their name is a Brodian Skerer. The Boys as Boys. Fuck, that's right, it's Brooklyn Boys, episode number three forty nine. We're coming at.
Speaker 2: You eighties DJ now coming at you, coming at you, your radio dive.
Speaker 1: We're knocking them up so we can wait?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: We're stacking them up so we can knock them down? Ten songs in a row, Row row row row row your boat station that reaches the beaches, that rules the rules, the station that reaches the teachers and rules the schools.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all those great eighties and nineties to see when our radio station is see one hundred used to do that stuff, all all that.
Speaker 2: My favorite though, was lock the alliteration nope, lock it in from Rochelle Park to New Rochelle No and lock.
Speaker 1: It in and jerk your knob off. It was ripped the knob off. Jerk your knob off. Yeah, I thought it was ripped the knob off. They had both.
Speaker 2: Versions, the Merrick to mod talk.
Speaker 3: You know, well we're back and as I said on Slice time, if you haven't heard it, or you haven't get it a chance.
Speaker 1: Let's do it yet. Please do this, I promise you.
Speaker 2: This was Scary's last vacation for the summer of twenty twenty five. That's right, the summer twenty twenty five is over. So now the countdown begins, twenty nine days till my next vacation. I can't make this do it. I don't know how I do it?
Speaker 1: How you do it? Twenty nine days?
Speaker 3: By the way, so we haven't podcasted in a while, and we sit down. We did slice time yesterday. I'm not really sure what the problem was.
Speaker 2: But when we start to test the equipment, Scary says to me, your MIC's coming in hot, meaning it's too loud.
Speaker 3: It's hurting his ears. I said, well, that's not possible. I haven't touched it since yesterday or two days ago. But we did slice time because we'll get you lower it. So I lowered it and he goes a little bit more. So I lower a little more and he says that's better, much better. So slices. I need you because I'm worried now that my voice is too low. So it's not let me know. What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna I'm gonna turn my microphone up back a little No, don't do that. Hold on to what it was when he said a little bit better. Now, how's that scary?
Speaker 1: That's way too loud. You're blowing people's besdrums at all. Right now, I'm going to put it back to the way it was when I first sat down. Okay, and now tell me how I sound. Do I sound loud in the story, it's still loud, very loud. Still you were go back to I I hold on all right? Is that better? Now? Talk to me, Scary Jones Brooklyn Boys podcast. That sounds better? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Now I want to establish something with you, Slices, God's honest truth, Scary.
Speaker 2: How long have you been working in radio. Let's see, I've been working in radio now for thirty years. There, David Brody, Okay, now, Slices, I would like you to leave a talk back using the heart radio. I pushed the microphone button and let me know if you heard me distorted or too loud or too soft during that time.
Speaker 1: Now, let's not okay Brody, No, I'm gone somewhere with this. Okay, Okay, what's going on here? All right?
Speaker 2: The reason I'm asking the slices to give me their feedback is that before the podcast and just now, I did not touch my volume once.
Speaker 1: I did not lower it a little. I did not lower it a lot.
Speaker 2: But the power of suggestions scary thought I lowered it and it sound a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Thought i'd lowered it a lot. Changed. You must be talking to a different volume volume before that. I didn't. Nope, I didn't touch the volume before him.
Speaker 2: Further ay the volume, No, slices, you will, you will be able to verify that my.
Speaker 1: Volume never changed. Listen.
Speaker 2: I would rather not use our talk back system to clog it up with twenty five to thirty people saying.
Speaker 1: The same thing.
Speaker 2: I want everyone to know that you're that you're that you're a fraud, and that you did not hear a different not a fraud. Mentally, I convinced you that, ah the magic of David Brody. I convinced you that I changed the volume and I never touched the Yeah, no, bool, right, Listen, doesn't matter. Can we get Can we get to some content.
Speaker 1: Rather than talking about the volume of the fucking microphone? That was content?
Speaker 2: Because I pranked your ass and you're so yde it sounded it sounded different. Never touched the dial. Okay on my machine here pissed now getting these fucking text messages? This is these Those are the random text messages that they try and get you to respond back. Here's one, Yeah, two, I got too this week. I want to read all on on Saturday at six thirty eight pm. Hi have you been here before? I decided not to answer, and now here we are tonight, just now, Hi, have you been here before? So this person is trying this twice with me, and I'm not gonna answer them, not gonna.
Speaker 1: Guess the answer is yes because you've heard it before. No, but I'm not gonna give them this satisfaction. What do they want out of me? I don't need this.
Speaker 2: I don't need this in my life, these generic phishing texts or I don't know what they're looking. They want me to respond because they want to see if it's a real number. That's what it is anyway, all right? So yeah, well I got one. It was just a YouTube link. Now it's probably safe, but they want me to watch something on YouTube.
Speaker 1: We'll go click that, Bro're not gonna do it. Click it. And then this one says, Hi, David, is this you? Ah?
Speaker 2: I don't know who that is, but they know your name, So I would respond to that. One respond back to.
Speaker 1: This, one says this one says can we chat briefly? No, no, we cannot.
Speaker 2: This one says, hey, thought of you, great financial opportunity call me.
Speaker 1: No, all right, No, I'm not gonna do that. So David is this you? I think that one is legit.
Speaker 2: Oh David, is this you? Yeah, because they are because they would have said.
Speaker 3: David Brody, is this you, and they would say it's Mike or whatever.
Speaker 2: You could be missing out on that job opportunity of a lifetime just saying oh, yeah, I want to get hired by the people at that wanted to offer you the job at Costco a few weeks ago. People, what are you doing with your Yeah? Yeah, Like what are you doing not working there? You should have already gotten the job. By the way, the international Yankee hat theory to this to this day, it holds true no matter where you go. I was away, I was in Santropez, and I went to Sicily and I saw a ton of Yankee hats, and of course we had to approach some people wearing the Yankee hats and be like, hey, how about those Yankees. They had no clue, no clue be outside of the States, the Yankee logo just for a fashion statement. They don't know what it is. Some of these people didn't even know that it was a baseball team, let alone. Hey how about our judge last night?
Speaker 1: It was crazy. I'm here in America.
Speaker 3: Half the people walking around with the Yankee hats they were as a fashion statement.
Speaker 1: They're not Yankee fans. Yeah, these are people from overseas that don't even speak English.
Speaker 3: But anyway, it's a global brand, whether we hate them or not. Not the people the Yankees.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I did you know?
Speaker 2: Again, not to get too in the weeds or too granular about about where I went, but I mean, why.
Speaker 1: Were you in the weeds? What kind of shit don't tell you was staying at I was staying. I stateded a pretty cool hotel in both places.
Speaker 2: Everybody saw your hotel on social media. There's nothing you did we didn't see.
Speaker 1: Well you didn't see. You didn't either.
Speaker 2: The whole Pete Davidson thing. You didn't see that. We talked about it on the Big Show. They just they destroyed me for it so Pete david Well, Pete Davidson was having lunch right next to me with his uh, his pregnant girlfriend in Sicily. So he was also he was staying at my hotel, the hotel that I was at. Yeah, so he I I went to go sit down and it was literally we see it right next to him. And you know, I made the case that well, had I gone up to him and said hello, that he would have at least acknowledged or knew about me or Z one hundred or the very least elvis or Z one hundred, right, because I.
Speaker 1: Think that's fair. He grew up in the area, in New York area.
Speaker 2: So I brought this to the morning show and they all like laughed at me. They said, he doesn't know who we are, he doesn't know the station, he doesn't know anything. He grew up, he's he listened to hip hop his whole life. He listened to the hot hip hop stations. He's friends with Charlemagne down the hall. And I'm like, yeah, but that doesn't mean that he's not self aware that that he's not you know that they didn't know that we existed. I mean, we were here for thirty years. And and he's thirty one or whatever.
Speaker 1: How well, he definitely aware of our existence, right, he's aware of one hundred. Look at the people who.
Speaker 3: Are from Staten Island, the famous people, the famous comedians, the practical jokers grew up listening to us. Colin Jos and his brother grew up listening to us. Because we've they've confirmed that, because Garrett knows them. Lady Gaga, Staten Island grew up listening to us. Lady Gaga grew up in Manhattan. You're thinking of Christine.
Speaker 2: Lady Gaga was also in Staten Island at one point before. I believe that's the case. Yeah, before she went to n YU, just saying she lived in Manhattan.
Speaker 1: The horrible of Manhattan. All right, either way, the point is, you have to be a state area. I could say any you have.
Speaker 2: To be oblivious. Yes, I guarantee. Pete Davidson knew you guys were. Of course, Jonas Brothers. The first time I'm at Jonas Brothers, like, oh my god, you're David Brodie grew up listening to you, Halse, I'm like, no, No.
Speaker 1: Charlie was two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: Charlie pooth All from the area, the cast of Glee, half of them from New York. They were like, oh my god, you know what's her name? Anyway, I got crushed. I got crushed by the whole morning show because they're like, don't flatter yourself, and I'm like, I'm not trying to make myself bigger than I I'm just a regular normal person here. And yeah, but just because he grew up blistening for the hip hop station, doesn't doesn't know That doesn't mean that he doesn't know who we are, Like he has to. Logic would dictate that he knows.
Speaker 1: He's aware of us. That's all a fan of us. That's fine. Never acknowledge that that you know what we know us.
Speaker 3: I know we never listened to the hip hop stations in New York growing up or when I you know, as I got older, I still know who all the DJs were.
Speaker 1: Of course, anyway you hear let me see them on billboards.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Please come on now so i'll have you know what you did. I did not know. That's where I was going with this. I did not say hello, did not even take out my phone, because you.
Speaker 1: Should have said hi, hey, even if you said hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: Where the patrols were trolling all the Papa was following them around. If you take a look, there's so many pictures of them from when they were in Greece.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of days before. In fact, his girlfriend showed her Elsie showed her baby.
Speaker 2: Bump and she put it on social media. So and yes, she was showing her baby bump. At lunch he had. He had a Nick's shirt, a T shirt on and a Yankee hat.
Speaker 1: I bet you he knows about the Yankees.
Speaker 2: I bet you he does, and sunglasses and I'm like, oh, I'm like, dude, it's Pete.
Speaker 1: I would have been my girlfriend. Hey man, he didn't look at it.
Speaker 2: I would have said hi, yeah, well yeah, because it wasn't like you were at a restaurant Manhattan, You're you're in Italy.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, they were a guy from Brooklyn, from a New York radio station sitting next to you.
Speaker 1: Oh. For that reason, that gives me the license to go up. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: You know what, maybe one of these days he's gonna have a book out, or not likely a book, but something he wants to promote, and he might would have come on the morning show, right, well, that that's nice and all, but I thought I would leave them alone because they're alone on vacation. They just want to be by themselves. They do not want interruptions. So I certainly didn't take out my phone because everyone's a picture. It didn't happen.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, picks. Don't take a candid shot of the guy eating lunch or whatever. No, no, but you absolutely could have said, hello, hey, listen, hey Pete. I'm a New York radio guy from Brooklyn. Just want to say hi, Oh really what radio station?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Yeah's a human being? Had yet? When was your polite? Had it? It? Just the opportunity didn't lend itself. I mean him and his girl.
Speaker 2: They just got up and he and yeah they cut out of there.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it was it.
Speaker 3: Was nice to see, Okay, if you were sitting next to a Slice in Italy and a Slice one of our listeners was like, hey, scary, I just want to say I love the show.
Speaker 1: Of course coming up?
Speaker 2: Well, would you be like Papa, I got too much top? You know, I welcome it, but I I don't get bothered at Badger at the level that he does. I mean, this is yeah, but Pete's not a Pete's not a pizza celebrity. But Pete's first of all, Pete's not like an elitist Hollywood type. He's a guy who made it big, who's on SNL. He's a New York kid.
Speaker 3: He would have been cool with it. Yeah, he bought a Staten Island ferry with Colin Joe's. He's a New York guy.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 3: He would have definitely knows who you are. And I would hope you would have mentioned the podcast to him.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would have.
Speaker 2: I would have seen with who you want to be the Brooking Boys Podcast? How you do exactly?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: He would he would have come on the podcast. You should have tried to book him on the podcast. He would he would be to get Pete Davidson. We had sebast men of scalo on. You know, we've had big name comments. It would have been awesome that talked to him for a minute. Buddy, Oh well, hey, Pete hosted the Brooking Boys podcast co host.
Speaker 1: Uh love to have you on the moment has passed. Sorry slices. If you know Pete david tell him we said we want to on podcast, The Brook Glynn Boys Podcast. We will be right back, Skirit.
Speaker 3: I called a company yesterday and I never had this option before, and I wanted your opinion and slices if you have an opinion on this and a reason, not just a yes or no, but a reason. And I ran this by a friend of mine today and he had a very strong opinion against mine, and I'll tell you what he said. But so I called the company and they said, all of our customer service agents are busy.
Speaker 1: We'll be with you momentarily.
Speaker 3: Press one if you'd like to hear hold music while you wait, Press two if you would like silence.
Speaker 1: I chose silence.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's wrong with that? Have you ever first of all, have you ever heard that before?
Speaker 1: Had an eye? I never had the option. No, okay, do you like that option? No?
Speaker 2: I want the hold music to know that I haven't been disconnected. Okay, that's what my friend said, That's what paper men you said today lunch. Yeah, you need you need the music there to know that there's some life on the other end of the phone, because if it's just complete silence, you might be tricking yourself into thinking you're on hold.
Speaker 1: When you've just been sent to an abyss.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll tell you why I chose no music. Rest of all, I was watching television and I didn't want the distraction in my ear. Second of all, have you ever been on hold with music and it's like, you know, it's the same three songs every time, hold on, hold on, and then it goes.
Speaker 2: And you're like, and then it goes and it stops. You go, you're gonna pick up and then he goes, of course continuing. It goes for like a minute and thirteen seconds again, and he goes and you go, oh.
Speaker 1: Here it is.
Speaker 2: It starts off freagain. Right, it's false. I don't want that false. I don't want the false hope because then I go hello, right back in right right. I'd rather have silence and not have to deal with it.
Speaker 3: So I chose solad. But I've never heard that before. We had an option. I love that they gave me an opt. I like the there's the one that they a lot of companies used.
Speaker 1: It starts with you know, yeah, you don't know what to I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but after like twelve minutes on hold, you want to rip your ears off. And then there's no option to like silence the music. I would like if I said, at any time, you can push too to silence the music, then I'd be okay with it. But I chose silence and scary. I don't know how long I was on hold, maybe eight nine minutes. It was the most relaxing whole time. There was no repetitive music, there was no like music, there was no start and stop right it was. It was fantastic. I loved it all right. Now the company I called I'm gonna I'm gonna. I'm not gonna say the name of the company, but it's the company I used to host my website.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Right when I got that website, it was one hundred and nineteen dollars for two years. Last year it went up to one hundred and fifty five dollars for two yearsoom it went up again this week? How much did it go up too, scary? From one hundred and fifty five one hundred and sixty one, two hundred and three. What So, when I finally got the guy in hold from you named the country. I have no idea where he lives, I said, well, I don't understand Bangladesh.
Speaker 2: Why did you raise my rate twenty five percent for the same website that, by the way, I designed. Well, you get the security and you get the uh wow, you know I don't want the security.
Speaker 1: That's right there. I said, how how did you How can you guys?
Speaker 2: I go, how can you raise my my rates twenty five percent? You know what he said to me? I didn't raise your rates. I just said, I'm just to customer service. I said, no, I go, well, it's terrible customer service to raise my rates. Customer service didn't raise your rates. The company did.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Getting getting caught up talking, I said, is that mister Michael Oppenheimer on the other end, Yeah, I said, it's the company and the service they provide to the consumer to raise my rate without warning. Because I'm on autopay yep, twenty five percent is outrageous.
Speaker 1: Why did they raise the rates? What more am I getting? He said, Well, they raise your rates because that's now the going price. They're talking in circles.
Speaker 2: It's almost like they had that answer to the definition of ball is a ball? Well, the price went up because that's now the market price. What you're gonna tell me that tariffs are affecting the website, like, what's your excuse?
Speaker 1: No, they don't have an answer for you. So they're getting So I said, what's the introductory price? One nineteen.
Speaker 3: So you're saying, if I shut down my website and then resign up at one nineteen and then put everything back together, I can do that. Well yeah, but you have to shut down your website and then rebuild it. So I said, well, they got you there. I get all the graic codes to call it codes. It'll take me an hour. Well that's up to you. I can't tell you what to do. But the only way you can do it.
Speaker 2: Is if you can't see your account and rebuild your account with new account.
Speaker 1: So I said, so.
Speaker 2: You're saying I can get it for one nineteen, Well probably not now, because you told me what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Wow, I was, oh, great, Now, gonna wait a week till I forge. He forgets me and I have to read.
Speaker 2: So imagine that in the span of two years to double my rate for a website that was like, oh, sign up for this website. They and it's the plus. They figure you're not gonna go anywhere. They got you trapped because all your stuff is saved on their server. So you know, well I can just cancel my domain with them and hopefully they're not pricks about it where they lock my domain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, what are you gonna do? You have something because I wanted to talk to you about updates?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have a few things.
Speaker 2: Actually, go ahead home and hit me with something. So this is something that this is such a brody moment. And I don't know what you would have done in this case, but uh, I think you do.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I was in Santrope, right, and santro Pey a very festive place known.
Speaker 1: For coincidentally, I was in New Jersey as well, I said, santro pe Yeah, I know. Is there a Sanchope New Jersey? I was there? Was I would have gone there? Yeah, no, I was in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Well, well, San sancho Pe is known for having you know, a liner like you know, the time between dinner and lunch and dinner and what Lennar Lennard turns into these uh turn ups so so not turn up like like the vegetable vegetable Like It'll start like nice and calm. You get a lot of like Mediterranean food and stuff and you order these you know, kebabs or fish, you know, all all your favorites, Brody, all the fucking greens, and you know, you know, like like like you know, all the all the the fresh catch of the day.
Speaker 1: And you're having like a fun time and it's like nice and lively, and you're you're eating kind of like an beach clubby situation with like a lot of bamboo and wood and around you and canopies.
Speaker 2: And stuff, and it's just off the beach and is a DJ like you know, spinning, and all of a sudden, the music gets louder.
Speaker 1: And now you're an hour in.
Speaker 2: Now now you've finished your meal, but now the music's getting louder, and now people are taking their what's on their table, and from this, you know, dinner turns to dessert, turns to maybe some a bottle on your table, and people going crazy and people going nuts. So we were we just didn't want to get to that point, right. We were like we got to get out of here.
Speaker 1: These clubs, these beach clubs close down around eight, nine o'clock anyway, but it was like seven o'clock and we're like, listen, we've had our fun, We've had our fill. The music's getting louder. We get it. We're grooving at the table. Where's my check? Well, you were grooving at the table. It was dancing. Yeah, you dance at the table. You dance in place, you kind of dance. You aren't drinking, though, because your friend you were.
Speaker 2: I was drinking by the glass. My buddy Danny was not. He but that's neither here. That's neither here.
Speaker 1: Danny connections, that's neither here nor there. When you call.
Speaker 2: So now we're like, uh, let's let's get the bill. Where's the where's the waiter?
Speaker 1: Brody? Where do you think the waiter was the waiters? He's probably getting drunk by the DJ.
Speaker 2: The waiter was dancing on the table and doing a show for another table.
Speaker 1: That's what I think. He's that drunk. He's pauling.
Speaker 2: So I had asked him. I said, hey, all right, you know you do the little scribble.
Speaker 1: Sign the air, you know, you know you in the air, Yeah for the check? Yeah check? Please sign my check? Or you do yeah sign?
Speaker 2: You do the check sign? Right, So he saw it. He goes he goes, oh okay, all right, yeah. Five minutes goes by. I'm like, where's this guy? I look dude is dancing on the table, So I'm like, there's his shirt on or off?
Speaker 1: I had no shirt's on. But the thing is, are you a waiter? Are you're a performer? Like? What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Apparently when a certain song comes on, all the waiters and waitresses stop what they're doing and they start clapping and they have like this coordinated dance and they jump on the chairs and they you know, they do napkin shaking bullshit, and they do all kinds of stuff. But if you think about it, these people are the service couldn't be worse. I mean, what if you really need something, or what if your food is ready in the back and the waitress is like dancing on a chair because they have this moment where that song came on and they're all coordinated doing this dance. Meanwhile, your food's back there getting cold, I asked the waiter. I then went over to him on the chair and he was stating again he was dancing on the table. He was doing one of these coordinated dances and they're like, hey, buddy, check check please, and he.
Speaker 1: Goes, yeay, I got you, I got you. So I walk away. It took me about twenty minutes to get my fucking check. I've never seen people so eager to keep you there and not take your money. But apparently when you go to these beach clubs, you don't really have a waiter. You know, the waiter is an afterthought. You know, they know your service is kind of secondary. Watch me dance first. It was just like the priorities are screwed up, but a very fastie.
Speaker 2: I mean it was about no wait. Waited like twenty minutes for them to process it. He had to come over, he had to go in the back, he got to get the card machine and then bring the machine over. And it was like, oh, but he didn't want to do that. He was happy dancing. He was just dancing on the tables. I just thought it was funny because it's you don't really see that here. You don't wear two hats like either you Now, I do get it. Like some of these restaurants when they do the happy birthday thing, they all have to stop what they're doing and go wish one table a happy birthday and do that little happy birthday song.
Speaker 1: That's one thing, But these people have.
Speaker 2: Coordinated dances where they're like dancing for like five or ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh, remember you've been at Johnny Rockets. I don't know if they still do it, but Johnny Rockets used to do that choreographed.
Speaker 2: Like choreograph yeah right exactly, and the lights would flicker and all that shit. But I just thought it was very funny, Like what what would Brody do? Would you like push the guy off the table and be like, I want my fucking check. You want to get out of here. Let's say I had to get somewhere. Let's say we would go on to a show, or we had plans right at some point. But if you have nothing else to do but sit there and drink, then I get Yeah, I fine. Besides you last night check slices back me up here, Scary was grooving at the table.
Speaker 1: I was grooving on a sunny afternoons on a sun Yeah. Nice reference.
Speaker 3: Uh, I would say, in that environment, you just you're laid back.
Speaker 1: You're on vacation. You just you just wait it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, But the guy should have like a tap and pay on his belt, so you just walk over, and that it would be a great invention, the tap and pay the belt, just go belt, walk over and go hey, yeah, boo, yeah, yeah, tap, gotta get out, don't miss a movie to keep going. Then he turns around while he's dancing on his back and says, tip a mount with scary and verdie. Okay, So I want to talk to you about updates that are fucking my life up.
Speaker 3: I don't like change like you don't say I know. So I use an email app called blue Mail. Blue Mail up until recently was fantastic. It's free. There's a pay version, but it's free.
Speaker 2: And you can use all kinds of mail on it, Gmail, Aol, yeahoo, all kinds of mail, pop mail, or whatever kind of mail you have, all different formats of mail.
Speaker 3: It's terrific and I've been using it Scary maybe ten years. So when you use an app for ten years, when you open it and you want to do something, your fingers already know where to go. Sure, oh block domain reply all.
Speaker 2: Reply is, everything's right there, search email, go to folders. Everything's great like a machine boom. And when you use email a lot, which you know we all some of us still do you use the Apple lot It's one of my most used apps. Well, yesterday it auto updated and they decided to take the buttons from the bottom.
Speaker 1: Put them on the top. Take some of the buttons, put them on the bottom. Uh. The way to switch from one email account to another used to be at the top, Now it's at the bottom. Right, So that this totally fucked up your entire day.
Speaker 2: I see, because now your your fingers are going one place and it's calling another command up. You know, because any app you use slie, it's like typing. It's like if if if they move the ASDF and your left hand somewhere else on the keyboard, you'd be like, what the fuck.
Speaker 3: That's what they did. They moved the quarity to the other side of the keyboard. You can't move the quarity. Yeah, it's not better, it's not more functional. It's not like the most commonly used buttons are now at the bottom so that you can, you know, use one hand to no, no no.
Speaker 1: It's mayhem and random. And if you go on the if you go on the that's the morning show on the Breeze and the Jersey may Hen random in the morning, I hear they're married.
Speaker 2: May they were, then turn it to total mayn yeah, which is which is random for them because you know they were. They didn't plan anything.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I'm like, it's got Maybe this is a glitch. I don't know.
Speaker 2: So I go to the Google Play Store and I look at the reviews of the new update.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 3: People are being brutal one star, one star. I hate this change of back. People are hating it, and I'm wondering do they care about the current users or do they figure new users will just download it and be like, oh, this is what it is.
Speaker 2: I think they give zero fox about the old listeners and they figure like, all right, they'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: And by the way, not everyone's a listener. I understand what you're saying. You're in radio. I mean, I mean, I mean yeah, I meant users. Did I say listeners? Wow?
Speaker 3: There was no like a slow rollout. There was no like, hey, it's a beta test. It's horrific and it's ruining ruin.
Speaker 1: I email them.
Speaker 2: I emailed the customer support. I said, you've ruined my week.
Speaker 3: So so so I'm not done yet, but slices leave us talk back.
Speaker 1: What has been updated that has ruined ruined everything for you? Ruin you ruin it?
Speaker 3: Okay, So this afternoon, Scary says to me around four o'clock. What TI I'm going to do the podcast? I said, well, let's do it around six thirty a couple hours. I want to take a quick nap. Yeah, so he said, all right, great.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Earlier today, I'm in the I'm in the bathroom and I tell a Alexa to play a radio station for me, and she says, would you like early access to Alexa Plus? I'm sorry, if I set your devices off, I go early Access. Yeah, she goes early free early access. So I said, wait a minute, is there going to be a charge eventually? No, but early access is free for Prime members, which I'm a pro Amazon Prime member. I said, Oh, what do I get? I get AI easier communication, more fluid conversation. If the blue light stays on, you don't have to keep saying her name. You can just keep talking all these features. It'll recommend new streaming movies. So I opt in, and I have to I have to set it up, answer a bunch of questions, what sports do you like?
Speaker 1: What kind of movies do you like? TV shows?
Speaker 3: If esthe comes on Amazon Prime, they think I would like, She'll recommend it. I'm like, this is terrific. And the voice, the voices are all great for the for the women. Would you like to hear the men's voices? I go yeah. Now, the first guy, he was definitely ah urban. You could tell he was a black voice, which is fine. I was like, Oh, that's got a really nice and you call him can you see?
Speaker 1: No man? That's my point. You would call him my man. That's what I was getting at. Thank you.
Speaker 3: The next guy sounds a little effeminatee. The third guy sounds He says, this is the smooth voice, and I go, no, one's smooth. And the fourth guy is like, this is your clear voice. Like, so you got anybody with a New York accent.
Speaker 2: We have accents from all over, we have four American accents, but not New York. I'm like, ah fuck, I would like it. Like I was like, hey, what's the fucking weather?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I take the first female voice, which she's like one of them was like, I'm your best I'm the librarian who's also your best friend.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, that's a suit.
Speaker 2: What about the voice that says nothing beats a jet two holiday? Yeah, that's not an option, but I like that. So I picked my voice and I set up and I'm like Wow, this is really good. Right, So I go that was this afternoon. After I speak to you, I'm like, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Take a nap.
Speaker 2: So I say, hey, uh, name what I call it, what I call the I call my ziggy yep ziggy and I and I say hey, in case anyone else does, uh, set an alarm for five pm to my van Halen playlist. I want to hear van Halen when I wake up, right, and it says five forty alarm to this is van Halen. Now whatever it says this is, it's a pot. It's a somebody's playlist from Spotify, right, a generic one.
Speaker 1: It's not mine, not yours. Yeah, So I'm like, no, no, cancel it. Alarm.
Speaker 3: I want you to play the playlist, my personal van Halen playlist on my Spotify account. Alarm set this is van Halen. No, it's not what it sounds like. Alexa plus needs some help. I think, should not out of it. Not ready for prime time here Bertie.
Speaker 2: So then I say, okay, this isn't working. Please play my TNT playlist, which is an eighties metal band.
Speaker 1: I was just checking this.
Speaker 3: I like him and I'm friends with the singer and I go, please, alarm set to my TNT playlist, alarm set to I Tell Stories or something like that. I go, no, no, that's not no T no t A CDC coming at you. Everything I tried. They played something that sounded. So there's a band called the Alarm.
Speaker 2: I was like, set the alarm to my the alarm playlist, right forget alarm.
Speaker 1: Set alarm set to my heart will go on? No.
Speaker 3: So so that I go, all right, ALEXA plus, how do I how do I go back to the old software?
Speaker 1: And it says all you have to do is say.
Speaker 3: Uh, go back to restart original Like okay, so this says, oh, if you'd like to restart, just go in the app.
Speaker 1: I go no, no. So anyway, it took me like twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: I go back. Now, by the way, this is my nap time. I get back to the old software and I say, okay, this is great. And I say, I go, hello, now it's not the one of the voices I chose. Yeah, now it's one of the old voices and not the one I chose. And I say, would you please set my alarm for my van Halen playlist?
Speaker 1: Yepe, not happening. Nope, no, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so so I guess tomorrow of the story here is, uh, don't upgrade to the Alexa Plus if they ask me to do it. Well, I don't upgrade your blue mail and don't upgrade ever. Don't upgrade any software, don't upgrade anything.
Speaker 1: Keep everything you are so you are such a curmudgeon. You are No you sound you know how you sound like you're seventy eight years old right now?
Speaker 2: You sound like my father. You sound like my father. I swear I hate to say that, brody, but you hold on. Aren't you the guy that agrees you never buy a car in its first model year. No, I go right for it. No, because they have to work the kinks out. Everyone knows that when when they.
Speaker 1: Redesign a car completely, you don't buy the first year. Probably know that, all right.
Speaker 2: You gotta get the kiss out. So get the kinks out and then update it. Don't update now, playing get don't let out now playing the kings You my dad? That's you are my dad, My dad like your dad. Your dad would not offer by the way he hits me out. I know why your cousin call mine doesn't know how to use anything, doesn't update anything because everything's old school.
Speaker 3: Listen, I have the I have. I update my phone after it's been out six months. I update all my technology. I just don't like updates the day they let release EMP date.
Speaker 2: All right, you've made your point. No, because my whole home system is you're not something else. Bro your life.
Speaker 1: Don't go on. I am something else. You you you are? You know you're the one.
Speaker 3: Who thinks I lowered and raise the volume of microphone when I didn't.
Speaker 1: Well, it certainly sounded like it.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: My father hits me the other.
Speaker 2: Day and he's like, belt does freaking Verizon bill. It's bothering me all of a sudden, it says said it was one hundred and seventy seven dollars, And I thought I got it cleared up. And then then I tried to call them back and they won't speak to me because they're looking for a pin, a pin.
Speaker 1: Number, Brody's favorite pin number. They're looking for my pin, Anthony. What's my pin number? Anthony? Anthony? I said, Dad, please, I said, listen to me.
Speaker 2: I said, you set up a pin when you have when you you know, in the very beginning, it's somewhere open up the app, I said, First of all, why are you even talking to a live human. Why don't you just dial six one one or open up them for my Verizon app, Verizon files, whatever the hell it is. I said, you can get all the stuff done there, and then you don't have to worry about a pin.
Speaker 1: Oh, Anthony, I don't know. They said. They said that to an email address. I don't even use that email address anymore, so some old AOL address.
Speaker 2: So now he's got to reset the pin. He's got to find his way into his old email address. It's like one thing begot, the next beget. It's just one problem after the next, I said, Dad, I said, listen, next time, I said, he goes, they're telling me I got to go to the mall, to the Verizon store, oh the person, in order to change the freaking pin. So now that now the case.
Speaker 1: He's got no access to this fucking pin. I don't know how to help him. My sister was trying, but he might have to hit the reset button on his account completely take his phone away, just take his phone away, right, But that's what you sound like. That's what I'm saying. Now, tell you sound like you sound it like my dad.
Speaker 3: Listen he screwed up his own life by forgetting his pin and his password.
Speaker 1: Alexa, sorry, whoops. The Echo my Echo show.
Speaker 2: And the entire Echo by the way for a later time that maybe next episode. I'll tell you what happened when I called customer service, because after I told them that my entire all six of my devices were doing the same thing, he says, did you try rebooting them?
Speaker 3: I said, that was the first thing I said to you when I called. I said, I rebooted all my devices, I said, And he goes, well, give me the serial number.
Speaker 2: I go, of all six devices. I go, it's not the devices, it's just software. Your updates screwed me, screwed me over. Well, did you try? Go yes, And I told him all the things I did, and he goes, did you try that? He goes, You're gonna do a factory reset.
Speaker 1: I go, no, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing a factory reset. I'm not doing that. Yes, Well, did John plugging it?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Did I not tell you I unplugged the beginning of the call. Okay, we got we got a factory reset this podcast. Seriously, we pull the plug. We'll be back in three minutes.
Speaker 2: We do a Factory Boys podcast. All right, we have that out of our system. Can I tell you what grinds my gears? Yes, and then I'll talk about pickleball. I got some fun, You got pickleball. I'm still on vacation in Sanchope. I can't stand it when people approach the DJ at like a professional like beach club or a club or a bar, and make requests. When people go up and make requests, it's like these people are hired to do this, they know what they're doing. Leave it to the professionals. First of all, there's a great chance to gonna play your fucking song anyway, because they know they playing what's popular.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna request something popular.
Speaker 2: If it's not that, it's gonna be something that is a completely different genre of music then and they're not on that vibe, so they're not gonna play it.
Speaker 1: So don't make suggestions. Don't tell the DJ how to do their job. Now, now, hold on, if you're at a I get it, you're at a wedding, you're at sweet sixteen, a bar, mitzvah. The DJ's hired for the for the for the family, and I pee, And people want to make requests. It's a little bit more. It's let me let me stop here right there.
Speaker 2: If you're at a wedding or a bar Mitzvah or a Sweet sixteen or a Kingston Year or whatever, and you're not the family that hired the DJ, you don't get to make requests, okay. You don't get to go to the DJ and be like, hey, I want to hear uh, you know the new whatever, the new dual A Liipa song. What if the bar Mitzvah boy hates Dualipa. If they wanted to play du A Liipa, they play Dualipa. They got a setlist, they got games, they want to play. Shit to do you get to go up? You're right, You're right, Hey, I want to you know what I want to hear the carpenters uh from nineteen seventy four. No go sit the funck down. It's not your wedding, right, So, okay, But the people who paid for the DJ in that case, I.
Speaker 1: Think you have a little bit of leeway to make your requests the DJ. Still. Yeah, a lot of DJs.
Speaker 2: You're calling up a radio station requesting a song like you think you programmed the radio station better than the people that.
Speaker 1: Worked there, right.
Speaker 2: And so to see these these these beach clubs that have thousands of people at them and they're they're playing their song and they're getting into a groove. There's that word again, groove and you grew no grooving and groove. Grooving and a groove in two different things. Okay, but they're ain't a groove. Let just get out the way, move, bitch, get out the way.
Speaker 1: Get out the way, bitch, get out the way. Yeah, don't there we go.
Speaker 2: Don't start requesting songs because it's it's selfish number one. Number two, it's condescending to make it look like that you know better than the DJ about the playlist and you know whatever, and and three you're fucking everybody else over if they God forbid, decide to go with your request. But these DJs are like shake their head like yeah, okay, I'll play that whatever. They turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to it. So so that was that was all one of my observations in the clerbs, in the beach clerbs.
Speaker 1: The linter, the linter clerbs.
Speaker 2: He just said, move, bitch, get out the way. Yeah, who is the the rapper who yells.
Speaker 1: Make some noise? Who is that? DMX is it? Yeah? I think it is right. Yeah, So I want to I want to play a clip a fat Man's scoop. Fat man scoop does make some noise. I think you're right, yeah, fat Man scoop. I think that's more likely. DMX is well.
Speaker 2: So at City Field where the Mets play yea, they constantly play the clip make some noise?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: But Keith Hernandez, legendary New York Met player and announcer, huh he here that here's the clip.
Speaker 1: Here we go, see if you can hear the full volume. Scary. A couple of quality starts the last two days. Someone's yelling. What you say? Okay, you heard that? You heard the background noise? A couple of quality starts the last two days.
Speaker 2: Someone's yelling, he said, Oh, someone's yelling. Someone's yelling. Somebody screamed out and makes some noise. Oh, Keith, this is why we love him.
Speaker 1: He's a national treasure, isn't he. Yeah? So, so I want to know if you would have the balls to do this.
Speaker 2: Brody, it's you're a prankster, so I feel like you you might have done this back in the day.
Speaker 1: But one of the things that.
Speaker 2: I sit I saw at said litter clubs at the in santro Pez was people of all ages there. Okay, I didn't feel old because people in Europe, for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: They age differently. They do they age gracefully.
Speaker 2: There were so many beautiful people, men and women, and people in their fifties, sixties, seventies.
Speaker 1: There were guys in their seventies partying with their wives and their family and they were hanging out and they all were well tanned, they had beautiful skin because they just eat better, they live better. They don't work as much as we do.
Speaker 2: They have less stress on them, less mileage, all the stuff that I stand for in life, they actually live. And they are not afraid to come out at these linnar parties and to hang out at these beach clubs and you know, and chill and party. So this one guy was there, got gray haired dude in his early seventies, but he was with it. He brought his two beautiful Sydney sweeny looking daughters to the club.
Speaker 1: To party with him. Oh great jeans, great jeans, beautiful I mean, beautiful blonde bombshells. But they were young, like nineteen twenty two whatever, they were young.
Speaker 2: But okay, now let me for a second. You were with Dan. I was with Danny, right, we had gotten into a conversation. Were with Robin. If you were with Robin, would you have even noticed them or would you like? What would you have done? No? What we I wouldn't have known the dynamic. I would have been like, man, this is a lucky guy with these two hot chicks. That's what I would have thought. But because we got into a conversation with the guy, because Danny can't, Danny talks to everybody.
Speaker 1: He'll talk he'll talk to like, uh, he'll talk to any.
Speaker 2: Guy who has two hot daughters. Yeah, no, but anybody, no, everybody. We always get into conversations. But so it comes to find out early on, like oh yeah, right away, Yeah, I'm here with my two daughters. He's my two daughters, all right. So then we go back to doing.
Speaker 1: What we're doing.
Speaker 2: Brody, we watched and I was like, give us our popcorn. We watched as guy after guy after guy comes up to talk to the girls. Now keep in mind the father is also keeping his distance, like he's kind of like doing his own.
Speaker 1: Thing and he's not always like next to them, so so these it was just so.
Speaker 2: Funny to watch these guys come up to these trying to kick it to these girls, and then you just I'm like, uh, it comes another one. Oh look at this, look at this, and then then like you could clearly say, see that, she pointed over, Oh, we're here with our dad, and the guy like about face, see you later.
Speaker 1: It was so funny.
Speaker 3: Are you sure it was their dad and not some rich guy that they hooked up with?
Speaker 2: That would have been a plot twist, right, But then then then then we're the ones the joke's on us. But my question is, would you have ever done that with you know, bringing your daughters to a club, no, and hanging out with them? First of all, what's the dynamic there where? Why would daughters want to hang out with their dad at a club that I didn't understand?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I would tell you that my daughters would absolutely not want to hang out me in a club. Okay, However, like I took them the jingle Ball and we were backstage like in that environment, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's different a club.
Speaker 3: They would want to go to a club without me? Now if they were underage but you could go in with a parent like an adult, right then they would want me to get them in. But then they were like, oh no, no if I were of age, and in fact, I think they I don't think there was an age to be here.
Speaker 1: Quite honestly, it might have been eighteen, but no one was getting carded. Yeah, you and you wouldn't party with your daughters.
Speaker 2: I want to know, first of all, if what the dynamic isn't part dude, Okay, I want to know. I want to hear from I want to hear from the slices. I don't care about the fucking volume on the microphone.
Speaker 1: I want to hear talk backs about partying with your parents or do you party with your kids?
Speaker 2: And what the deal is there? What does that look like? How does a night out in a bar or a club? I mean, I'm not talking about restaurants and dinner or special occasion parties and weddings, talking about just for the fuck of it in the club, in the club, going out in the club. I mean, do you guys play off each other? Do you pretend you're someone else and you're not related? Does your dad buy you drinks to help it to enable her to help you get drunk. But I guess he's at the end of the day, he knows. They're saying, there, you partied with your father. He was smoking pot with your dad's That was fun.
Speaker 1: That was the first though. It took me fifty years to do that. Think about that for a second. I don't think about it. I know you know, but but yeah, I mean, at least if you party with your dad, I mean, the dad knows that you're under his watchful eye and you're safe. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's a great way to go, but but I wouldn't have the like, I wouldn't want to look if like some guy who's like trying to talk to my daughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't handle that. That's the part I right way.
Speaker 2: What would your response be if you my daughter they're doing shots out of her belly button?
Speaker 1: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: You don't want to see that, you wouldn't, right, No, this is a super cool dad, you know, and and the family.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't.
Speaker 3: You know, kids look like Cindy Sweeney. You have to be a little use to listen. My kids are all very attractive, I have to say. But you're telling you're on Cindy Sweeney level or Sidney Sweeney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta lock them up in the house.
Speaker 2: These are no, these are two like blondes, like like straight out blonde hair, blue.
Speaker 1: Eyes kind of And I don't even know what country there are. My kids are blonde hair and blue whye.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know where they were from. You wouldn't describe them as Cindy Sweeney. But you know, I don't want to keep talking about my kids. Listen, uh, if I had the girls you're talking about as my kids in this scenario, no, I would not go to clubs with them.
Speaker 3: They certainly wouldn't go to clubs with me, So I'm not sure about that dynamic. So yeah, I'd love to hear slices if you would go out, you know, if dad's and their kids. I don't want to hear like cool moms and hang out with their kids. Everybody does that.
Speaker 1: Sometimes a mom and daughter will hang out. I've seen that's fine, mom and daughter.
Speaker 3: Mom's young looking, and you're like, oh, you guys, sisters, I'm talking about your dad, Dad dad.
Speaker 1: It's a different story.
Speaker 2: By the way, I didn't ask people to leave talkbacks about the volume.
Speaker 1: Of the microphone.
Speaker 3: I asked if they could tell if there was a difference, because I fooled you. That's what I wanted to leave talkbacks about.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: You were talking about this guy partying with an older guy. He looked, he looked good. First age, How old did you say the guy was early seventies. Yeah, he had gray hair for sure. Okay, let's talk about someone who's probably in their eighties.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was in a doctor's appointment before the weekend, so about a week ago, and I'm sitting in the corner of the waiting room and the chairs along the left wall, so perpendicular to me, about seven chairs away is an older woman, I want to say, in her eighties, maybe with a kids.
Speaker 1: You're not a flip phone.
Speaker 3: And she keeps making phone calls and talking like the entire waiting room is not full of people.
Speaker 1: Ah oh, So I.
Speaker 2: Talked to her and about planning a party, and he's gonna we're gonna have seventeen people and everyone's gonna bring their own food.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and so she's planning a party complete for everybody in the room. Right then she hangs.
Speaker 3: Out and I'm like, okay, good, okay, good, she hangs up My good. Then she gets back on the phone because she's waiting for her Get this, I couldn't tell. She's waiting for somebody. She's not the patient I lay to find out. Then she makes another call, Dolores. Yeah, so I checked out my daughter's new apartment. It's got a balcony. It's a very nice balcony, but not big enough to entertain.
Speaker 2: So if we're gonna have the party at her place, we can't set up a table or anything on the balcony. It's not big enough, and it's loud, scary, the phone calls going on for like fifteen minutes. I'm in a doctor's office. Yeah, okay, I just want peace and quiet. Everyone's turning around giving her looks, not getting a hint. There's a napkin on the little table next to me. So I have a pen in my hand because I had to fill out the clipboard. You know, give you clipboard and you have to fill out all the questions right right, And I was a new patient at this particular doctor. So I take the pen and I write please whisper on a napkin, big letters, and I hold it up to where if she turns her head. She can see it. At some point, after about a minute two, she turns her head. She looks right at the napkin. It says please whisper, and I guess she couldn't read it because she's old, and she goes back to talk. So anyway, Yeah, Mikey's coming to loud. Scary now, you're saying to yourself.
Speaker 3: I think David is exaggerating. You think, yeah, she.
Speaker 2: Was probably not, But no, no, no, I want you to remember scary at least twenty feet away in a crowded doctor's waiting room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, scary, here it is, and scary. I was twenty feet away from that woman.
Speaker 2: That's that's freaking crazy, dude, that's the whole doctor's office. And to listen to her, Yeah, planning her birthday party or party with Ken and whoever else was coming.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what we do around here.
Speaker 2: We're loud talkers and we don't care who's around us or who hears us.
Speaker 1: You know, that was pretty apparent when I was in Europe. I thought about it.
Speaker 2: I said, you know what, now, I know why other countries hate us, because there were people. There was so many great people there that were super pleasant. And doing themselves at all these places. And anytime some of them from America was around with a you know, a table of people, they were the loudest people in the room easily.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, so now I am starting to understand it because we have no couth, we have no manners, awful bedside manner and.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, people people always like American you know, listen, I love the fact that we're loud and boisterous and you can spot us and we're animated.
Speaker 2: But we know how you have to learn how to curtail you're you know, you're talking and I don't know, I just ridiculous anyway. Yeah, no, it struck me the wrong way several times, and I'm like, oh my god, we are an embarrassment to ourselves.
Speaker 1: We are well, we're a laughing stock of the world.
Speaker 2: Good thing you didn't bother, Pete Davidson. But listen, just to follow up. You know why that woman was at the doctor's office, why she was waiting for scary, She was waiting for her mother. This old lady comes out older than that woman and she's like Janice. Her name wasn't Janis, but I was Janie. They said I'm fine, let's go home loud and she's like, okay, Mom, I feel like there's an ketch in there.
Speaker 1: It must be like living together. Is an SNL sketch in there somewhere? Oh my god, you could, you know?
Speaker 2: It would be great, like either Kristen Wig or Kate McKinnon. But just being on the phone like so anyway, yeah, like oblivious to the fact. You're like, I guess they don't hear themselves being that loud. Yeah, that's exactly it.
Speaker 1: They don't. Maybe they're just deaf.
Speaker 2: But I was hoping like her daughter came out and was like, Mom, you're so loud. But no, her either it's her oldest sister or her mother came out and was like, louder than she was. So listen to how loud you and I are. Can you imagine when we get like old, how loud we're going to be. I can't imagine it. Oh oh, oh, Brodie, I can't forget that.
Speaker 1: I cannot forget You're gonna tell me why you missed work on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's a whole the story. That's a whole podcast episode by itself. Ah.
Speaker 1: I thought that was gonna be a Big Finish. No, no, no, no, the Big Finish is right here. Okay, then you'll have to tell us next episode free set for us. You're asking, you shall receive. Okay.
Speaker 2: I've been getting messages from the sender for for a week now saying like, did you get it?
Speaker 1: Did you get it? I'm like, no, it's scary as on vacation. We got free ship. Yeah, is it weird because I was told it's weird. Well, I don't know. It's two packages.
Speaker 2: Us. Uh, let's see who this is from. Yeah, we do free ship here, so it's from it's from Reggie here. No, no, the package wasn't from Reggie.
Speaker 1: And then somebody else. So Reggie here sent us something. Oh no, yeah, we got two packages, both of them from Reggie. I'll look at that. So I guess in this one we have Reggie's Reggie wrote a couple of books. I guess she wrote books and she was published. So she wrote a book called Sebastian Tales from a Balinese by Reggie Maltz. Right here, I'm holding it up to the scabe. Okay, that's Twitter, that's her Twitter name. And then Stanley Tales from a Balinese by Reggie Maltz. So Reggie has two paperback books. Uh, these so these books are going looks like they're going to Gandhi and Danielle. So so that's for Gandhi and Danielle. So she packaged them together. And then in that same envelope, I got a rock she she gave us. Look at this, Brody, the Brooklyn Boys painted. Oh so we have this one here, the No Sleep Till Brooklyn and the the Brooklyn Boys. Now, hold on a second. I didn't even open this one. Reggie sent us something else. What's in here? I'm opening it as we speak live on the podcast. Oh what is this? I don't know what this is, Brody, this is a shock collar. I'm holding it up. What is that? Oh that's the okay? Yeah, and then there's more stuff in here. Yeah, it's from Reggie. That's that's where I got the email from. Yep. Yeah, but what is it? But what are these? What am I looking at? I don't know what these are? No, she didn't say, did I try? I'm trying to understand that it looks like monopoly pieces, like a house some other things. I don't know. Well, anyway, thank you, Reggie. This is very interesting definitely what it is. I don't know the little trinkets, and I certainly don't like trinkets, and I don't know what this is. Is this like a like a shot collar? What is that? Brody? What do you make of that? That looks like a shot collar? Which is the kind of thing Reggie would send? A second?
Speaker 2: Halt of that? One?
Speaker 1: Is a sex collar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of confused, but anyway, thank you Reggie for answering the call.
Speaker 1: Because the booking boys we love to get free stuff for us. Oh no, wait a minute, wait a minute, what's that there, Brody? For us?
Speaker 2: We're trying to figure this out. What exactly are these things that Reggie is sending us? I understand the painted rock, the two books, one of them is for Danielle, one of them for Gandhi.
Speaker 1: She's but this, this, this sex collar thing is is kind of scaring me a little bit. Okay, hold on a second. What are you trying to do, Brodie? You're putting together a puzzle over there? What's happening? No, no, no, I'm looking at I'm looking at hold on live on the podcast. Reggie.
Speaker 2: It's Reggie, she said, Okay, I sent you guys, something. It got delivered, she said, free blank for us. Don't worry. It's totally weird stuff. I'll say the second one arrived. I can't wait for you to see the weird stuff. Yeah, but we can't even identify it. We don't know what it is. There are these little like hard to describe little trinkets the size of like like the houses you get in monopoly in the hotels when you buy a house and a hotel, but they're made of like metal and I you know. And then this other thing with a strap and what looks like a shock collar or a sex collar.
Speaker 1: Is looks like it's been used before. I don't know what that is. But uh, thank you for the painted Brooklyn Boys rocks.
Speaker 2: I got a rock. You got a rock too. I like the all right, thanks Reggie. Hey, this is disturbing. This just in Mike Tyson and he and uh and and Floyd Mayweather are gonna fight.
Speaker 1: You see that one? No, yeah, they're fighting.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be an exhibition match, isn't. Isn't Mike like ten years old older than Floyd. Floyd's like forty eight. Mike is like what in his late fifties? Is that something you want to watch to see these two guys go at it. No, I would never watch that. That's no interest to me. You don't want to watch these two geriatrics go at it with each other. I mean, what happened the last time Mike Tyson fought, I mean with people worried about him.
Speaker 1: He fought Jake Paul right and lost. I don't remember. You don't follow this world, No, I don't. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I know it's not Marvel, and it's it. You know, it's not It's not the sports I follow. It's not pickleball. It's not pickleball.
Speaker 3: By the way, there's a great article, Henry, I'll send it to you. There's a great article in the New York Post yesterday, I think, or maybe today. It was yesterday, and it talks about how pickleball fastest growing sport in America and one of the fastest growing sports in the world, that it's become a cult, almost a drug addiction for some people. That injuries to people who are playing now are skyrocketing. Orthopedis to making a fortune, and when they tell the average person what their injury is and tell them not to play, the response Orthopedis are getting is I'm gonna play anyway, And that's what I did. I'm playing anyway even though I have a torn meniscus in my knee.
Speaker 2: And so what they're saying is pickleball is so addictive that people they referred to us as pseudo athletes, which I find offensive, don't not pickaball.
Speaker 1: It's a real sport.
Speaker 3: It's just people who are not in their twenties, are a little older are still athletes. They're just not like, you know, like superstar athletes. Anyway, point is the article is great looking up New York Post pickleball, that it's a cult and that people have to play every day, every minute, And I cannot agree more.
Speaker 1: And I have a couple of pickleball stories. Can I throw those? All? Right? So, uh, scary?
Speaker 2: How would you handle this? Somebody bent down to tie their shoelace. A guy, but he bent down facing the wall with his ass facing the other team, of which I was on the other team. Wouldn't you tie your shoelace when you're ass facing the wall?
Speaker 1: You should? Yeah? But yeah, what was the big He was walking away.
Speaker 3: From the net, he noticed his shoe was untied and immediately bent over to tie his shoelace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was a teammates. Yeah, yeah, I would. I would face the wall. Just okay.
Speaker 3: Etiquette, etiquette, okay, speaking of etiquette, my second of three pickleball stories was a guy playing the other night.
Speaker 1: I had never seen him before.
Speaker 3: And you know, when you wear athletic shorts, where is the logo normally scary like the Nike swash, the Adidas shorts ex.
Speaker 1: Usually on the like the side pant, the side of the of the of the shorts somewhere or right.
Speaker 2: Would you say normally will you normally would see it? Now I'm gonna say you be like, yeah, on the lower like the bottom of the left leg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, right, That's what I'm saying, yes, so, and then usually there's strings in the front.
Speaker 2: Right now, if you saw a guy waiting to go on the court, waiting for someone to lose, and the logo was on the back of his right thigh and you could see the strings hanging out from the back of his shirt, I can only assume that he put his pants on backwards. That is correct, sir. Now, because they're athletic shorts, they don't really have usually have a fly, and they know it's not like they're not really a problem.
Speaker 1: There's also not really a shape to them. I mean they're kind of flowing. For the pockets.
Speaker 2: If you've got pockets, you'd put the ball in your pocket, like the extra ball, right, you might put your hands in your pockets. But this guy obviously does not use his pockets because they'd be backwards. Now, this is a grown man with his pants on backwards. Do you say something now, like, hey, man, your flies open?
Speaker 1: You'd say that. No, you say, excuse me, your pants are on backwards? Or is that? To what do you do? You let it be?
Speaker 2: You just let it be, brodie sometimes just laughing silence, laugh in silence and ignore.
Speaker 1: What did you do? Did you have to get involved? Slices? Slices? What would you do?
Speaker 2: The third option is to tell everyone you know, would pick a ball and point it out, And that's what I did. Hey, look at the guy in the blue shorts. They're on backwards. That's what I did, because that was funnier. You're telling me you wouldn't do that. You would just keep your mouth shut, not tell anybody. No, I might tell a couple of people, all right, So you're right, yeah, maybe I would. But I wouldn't tell the person whose pants who had the pants on backwards. You might offend them because you never know. Yeah, so I told everybody else there you go right now, here's my last pickleball story because it pissed me off.
Speaker 1: Yep. So there's a guy that we play pickleball with. He's deaf.
Speaker 3: He reads lips, so he's been kind enough to teach me sign language of counting above five. So you don't hold up like like, if you want to give the score, you don't hold up a five and a one. You got a paddle in your hand, so you make a six, which is taking your thumb and touching it to your first finger.
Speaker 1: To your pinky.
Speaker 3: Right, I think it's your pinky, your pinky, and then seven is your second finger next to your pinky. Eight is your middle finger, and nine is your index finger. Okay, yep, okay, So now forget all that. Just know the fact that I'm playing with a guy who happens to be deaf, but he reads lips and he talks, but he doesn't usually talk because it sounds a little different because he's deaf.
Speaker 1: Sure, so he usually reads.
Speaker 2: Lips, talks a little bit, and communicates the numbers with sign language. So he's on my right and I'm on the left, and our opponents is someone I've played with before and a guy I've never met before, big guy never. I don't know who he is, but earlier in the night I played with him and we won. Then I played against him because as you as a team, you win, you split. And then I beat him and that was like an hour ago.
Speaker 3: Later in the night, I'm now playing against him again because we beat somebody and he came on the court. Okay, I'm playing with the deaf guy, doesn't matter his name is, and he's my opponent. Is this guy I don't know, but I played with him now twice. I won with him and I beat him. So the ball gets hit. He hits the ball all the way to my right, and I'm gonna call the deaf guy Mike. For the sake of this, IM gonna call him the deaf guy. Mike runs all the way to the right and the ball goes out. The ball lands out just out, just over the line, and Mike doesn't speak, so I yell out. As a partner, you're allowed to do that, and it's encouraged because Mike is running full speed looking at the ball. I'm looking at the ground, so I see it's out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the guy across from me, we'll call him, uh, we'll call him Hector. Hector says, whoa, whoa, wo you can't call it out. Mike has to call it out. I said, what are you talking about? The ball was out and and Mike is now with his hands going pointing it was out. He agrees with me it was out. So I go, what are you talking about. You always can help you your partner out. And he says, I don't trust you to me. I said, what he said, you made a few calls earlier in the night that were questionable.
Speaker 1: So I said, are you saying I lied and I cheated.
Speaker 2: Take it as every way you want, but you made a couple of calls earlier that I definitely disagreed with. Now, in pick a ball, if your opponent calls it in or out, that's it. There's no arguing, right you can you can be like I saw it. It's out.
Speaker 1: Okay. So so I said, dude, I don't even know you. I play you five nights a week.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows. I said, I'm better than you. I don't need the cheat to beat you. You said that, yeah, he says, hey, man, I'm just calling it like it is. I said, I I got no problem.
Speaker 1: Go let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's finish the game. I'll try not to cheat the rest of the way. He says, oh, that's good.
Speaker 2: So the game continues, and now he's on his left of the court, my right, his left, diagonally across from me, and a ball his opponent. Same play happens, and now the ball is out across the court from him, and he yells out and I said, oh, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, Hector, you don't get to call that ball out because you established the rule that if you're on the other side of the court, you don't get to call it. Your partner gets to call it. You don't get to call out. And the partner, who was a friend of mine, says, now that was in like, oh, I guess you were cheating, Hector. So the game continues, we win, and everybody comes to the net to touch paddles. He goes, hey, man, no hard feelings, it's just pickle ball. I said, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, no hard feelings.
Speaker 1: What what are you being a dick for?
Speaker 2: Brodie I'll be it slices. Am I supposed to accept this apology? Accuse me of cheating and be like, yeah, a dick takes a dick take the high road. What do you do to take the high road?
Speaker 1: I beat him? Okay? Is that all that matters in your life? Yes?
Speaker 2: Pickle ball is a just winning o sportsmanship, and to accuse someone you don't know cheating is not good sportsman.
Speaker 1: This is toxic masculinity at its finest. Not from this guy. Yeah, look at you. You are something else. You are what. You're a piece of shit. You're a piece of ship. You're a piece of shit. Oh, you're a bigger piece of shit. You see what I'm saying. You're You're why Europeans hate Americans. You're you know what? If I was Pete Davidson, I wouldn't have talked to you. By the way, if Brody was playing a bunch of kindergarteners, he would he would whip them just to show him. He show them he was.
Speaker 2: This guy accused me of cheap I'm helping out my partner who doesn't speak.
Speaker 1: What am I supposed to do? It looked from ten feet away, it looked like it.
Speaker 2: Was Okay, it's just pickleball, and my partner was deaf, not blind.
Speaker 1: No, it was out all. No hard feelings, no hard feelings.
Speaker 2: No hard feelings. You know what you want to beat me? Beat me, no hard feelings. You call me a cheater, go after yourself?
Speaker 1: Wow? All right? Nice is if someone called you a cheater, would you say no hard feelings and shake their hand? Be like no, no, well you wouldn't. I feel I feel a damn voice. I feel like I have to save my.
Speaker 2: Story for next week. Why I didn't get home in time. But it's a doozy.
Speaker 1: Buddy, gave you shit on the Big show.
Speaker 2: Because Scary always times his flights like three hours before he's got to get to work.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that. That's every second of his vacation.
Speaker 2: But just know that my direct flight from Sicily to New York landed us in Dublin because of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Scary took another vacation, and he took an extra day on his vacation because he was he needed a vacation.
Speaker 1: From his Vie didn't take the extra day. We'll talk about it next time. All right. I gotta get out of here. I'm going to Nashville for the weekend, going to see nine Inch Nails tomorrow with my Brooklyn boy friends.
Speaker 2: That's right, six of us from Brooklyn, the Brooklyn Boys. The Brooklyn Boys were including baldfreak Ronnie. We're gonna be hanging out in Nashville all weekend, so basically everyone you know from Brooklyn but me pretty much, you're not coming. You know what, you have a head like a hole, dark as your soul, black as your salt.
Speaker 1: So I count wait nine ex down. What's his real name? Trent Resnor, Dick
Speaker 2: Boys Boys