Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong in show, Katty Armstrong and Jettie and no Hee.
Speaker 2: Arms even from the studio, ce say a senior a dimly lit room.
Speaker 1: Where do you put them?
Speaker 3: The bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound?
Speaker 1: And hey all, yeah, we're getting close to Christmas today. We're under the tutelage of our general manager. Drug boats. There were three more taken out in last twenty four hours or something like that. Kirk Blue, Kirk Blue, come up, Kirk Bluie.
Speaker 3: Did we get them all at the first shot or did we have to all find a couple of people clinging to balsa wood and make sure they got the old double tap rights?
Speaker 1: Not clear in this account. Story seems to have gone away?
Speaker 3: Is that story?
Speaker 1: Over All?
Speaker 3: Stories go away in like three days, no matter how enormous they are, because there are so many stories, too many stories, especially if a celebrity gets killed. Oh yeah, apparently government needs to strictly limit how many things happen. I'm interested in the whole Rob Reiner thing, just you know, it's interesting, but it's amazing.
Speaker 1: The news coverage.
Speaker 3: It's getting last All the newscasts I took in last night had the top three stories in the exact opposite order of importance to the world. In my mind, yeah, I would agree, but you know, you know, as you know, I was born annoyed and will die annoyed. But I've tried not to be annoyed by this. I've tried to understand it.
Speaker 1: What is it? What is it about the average human being?
Speaker 3: Because all of us tend to assume that everybody else's head works more or less like ours, But it's not true. The longer you live, the more people you know, the more experience is you have, the more you know that.
Speaker 1: To be.
Speaker 3: Evidently, the fondness for his work, the horror of a murder within a family, of the feeling of a personal connection because you laughed at some of his absolutely wonderful movies, don't.
Speaker 1: I don't quite get it, but I'm working on it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like you mentioned yesterday during the show, the New York Post had eight stories going at the same time, and that's similar today, all on the Rob Reiner thing and his son. Yeah, the topic of I mean, because this is an ongoing problem. This is probably the part of the whole homeless street person thing, the ongoing conversation about what you do with drug addicts that can't or won't get their acts together.
Speaker 1: We that, I mean that that's right there with that family. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean, you know, and that really gets to the hole. Well, they need rehab. Okay, Well Rob Reiner's got more money than but Jesus and the kid went to rehab fifteen times, right, some people.
Speaker 1: Is there an answer to that? I don't know that there is, Yeah, other than lock people up.
Speaker 3: The pope breaking keep locking them up. If they keep breaking the law, keep locking them up. It's probably the only hope a guy like that had for the repercussions to become so severe that he thought, I can't live like this, and and somehow something clicks.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a tough one, but I mean, I'm thinking about back to the greater theme, although I'm more than happy to talk about that if well, I don't know, if like Keith Richards's troubled kid killed him, or one of my musical heroes who had brought me so much joy through my life, I would think, oh my god, that's terrible. But I wouldn't need to hear unending details about it. I'd figure that's a family horror, a story of drug addiction, blah blah blah. But people seem to have a great thirst for it. I guess I don't know at the angle of Trump's unbelievable truth social post.
Speaker 1: Blaming Rob Reiner being stabbed.
Speaker 3: To death on his politics, Yeah, yeah, it's horrible.
Speaker 1: It's horrible. It's it's bizarre. I don't know. You can go back ten years.
Speaker 3: The first one Trump did, the very first time, he went so far out of bounds of anything anybody'd ever seen, and a lot of people thought, oh, okay, well he's done, and he was the opposite of done obviously, when he said about John McCain, I prefer people who don't get captured.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is so outrageously awful.
Speaker 3: I mean that, and you can't really it's yeah, the oturgeousness and the stupidity of it, you can't. You can't really top that. So I feel like I've been in that zone for a decade now. I mean, that's the sort of thing the guy's gonna say, Yeah, it's it's inexplicable. Yeah, it's it's a way to look at life. Man, if you if you become an enemy of that guy, he has no uh, there's no gray zone. You were just an enemy, no matter what happens to you. Stupid and outrageous, stupid, agous. A lot of my favorite columnists and politicians, including many many Republicans and conservatives, condemning harshly the truth social post from Donald Trump about the killing.
Speaker 1: How could you not? I mean, I don't know what do you even say about that?
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, his Justice Department is doing heroic work against dewokism, for instance, in our corporations, our institutions. It's fantastic, It's wonderful. People could call it paying the Trump tax. You just have to put up with his doing crap like that. I wish it weren't true, but I wish I had a money. I had a minor Twitter spat before I realized there's no point getting into Twitter spats with people of you know that whole thing. Yeah, just incredible. Trump does things that are just outrageously awful. I mean, no human beings should do. He said, what kind of a precedent to that? What sort of a what's the example? What sort of example does that set for anyone to act like that. On the other hand, I still am so happy he's president as opposed to Kamala. It's not even close.
Speaker 1: It's not even close, which is an indictment of our system, or our primary or our immortal souls or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know. I'm just glad it's almost Christmas. The other two big stories that fall behind the Rob Reiner murder, even though they're more important, the Brown shooting Brown University, I don't think that's got any greater significance at all, and it just gets lumped into the whole angry, crazy people go out and shoot people thing.
Speaker 1: I suspect, so we'll have to see what it was. But I would bet you're right.
Speaker 3: The thing in Australia is such a big deal. And like I was listening to NPR today and they're still making a gun story about what they can do with the gun laws in Australia. Okay, you can tweak the gun laws all you want, and we still have rampant immigration among fundamentalist Muslims who want to change the countries they're going to.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty big deal.
Speaker 3: And in Australia, like Britain, like France, like the United States. The Jewish people are begging the authorities saying, listen, you yourself are reporting on this skyrocketing increase in anti Semitic attacks.
Speaker 1: It is building to something horrific. You need to be aware of this. You need to be serious about it, you.
Speaker 3: Need to condemn it, and you need to look hard for where it's coming from and what these people are trying to do. In Australia, they were crying out for that for months and the authorities were like, we don't want to inflame in conflicts here, so we're just going to solt peddle it. And there's one brilliant, troubling piece was entitled, now do you believe us? Yeah? And I suppose you always got to throw in the caveat because it's absolutely true, tons and tons and tons of Muslims around the world don't believe in killing Jews like that. The guy that bravely tackled one of the shooters, also a Muslim from Syria or wherever, tackled the guy and pointed the gun in his face. He didn't want to kill Jews. He's horrified by the whole thing, right, But there's a man of hero. But there's enough that do want to kill Jews and want to want you to not get free speech, and want your wife not to be able to walk around uncovered, and et cetera, et cetera. There's a lot of people like that. I wish I had kept a great piece of thinking. I'm trying to remember who it even was who was explaining and this was Gosh post nine to eleven, that the never ending caveats and disclaimers, and we make them too about you know, there are plenty of Muslims who are fine folks, and we're not talking about them, he said. The moderate Muslim is irrelevant to the discussion because everybody knows it. And so let's focus on those who hold the attitudes we're talking about. We're talking about Islamists. And if you are a devout Muslim, you want Islam installed as a political system. Not a sincere Muslim, but a literalist Muslim, a fundamentalist Muslim. That's what you want, There's no question. So let's just talk about that. These guys had isis flags in their truck, and that is the worst of the worst. That makes the I think Palestine should have a state should be a state is you know, Holy Cow, you joined isis Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of another thing I brought up the other day that when Islam hit the modern world and a lot of its precepts, you know, never ending conquest, pro slavery, murdering anybody who did not convert, that sort of thing, when those fundamentals ran up against the modern world, they had to have their Protestant moment, as it was called, where a certain chunk of Islam went with, all right, it's a personal faith, it's in the heart, get right with Allah. This kind of you know, akin to some of the Old Testament stuff that a Jew or a Christian might think, Yeah, yeah, I'm not going to smite any hits heights because they're wearing a red dress or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm obviously conflating several things.
Speaker 3: But a lot of people went in that direction, and a lot of people went with no, no, no, no no, like a fundamentalist Christian might.
Speaker 1: Every word of our Holy Book.
Speaker 3: Is the literal truth, and we must follow it to the letter, which, in the case of the Islam is foaked with blood and conquest and punishment for unbelievers. And so it's that section that we need to worry about. Fine, the good folks, Hey, God bless you. I hope you have a long and happy life, and I'm happy to have you as a neighbor in America. But as fundamentalists, that's the problem, man. That's gun loss, gun laws, gun laws, gun laws.
Speaker 1: It's just a gun guns say. Let's start to show officially.
Speaker 3: Then, I want to do a quick update on where we are on the raising money for scouting. We've met a good night, good day as people are listening to the podcast across the country. We'll do that a little bit. But let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this it is Tuesday, December sixteenth, only Cow. It's getting close the year twenty twenty five. We're armstrong and getting we approve of this program. Let's begin then officially. According to f SEC rules and regulations, here we go. The show starts at mark.
Speaker 1: So I think we're getting close.
Speaker 3: In particular, we're getting close with the Americans and the Ukrainians and the Europeans.
Speaker 2: Those three entities have been getting together over the last couple of days.
Speaker 1: And have come to agreements.
Speaker 3: Actually listen to that interview former ambassador or something or other that we've I think we've actually even had on our show before. He said, does the Americans say we're ninety percent there? Do the Russians agree to anything?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: That's what I don't get. Are they I will be delighted to find out I'm wrong. I don't believe that. Yeah, well we do not believe what he said. We'll talk more about that coming up. Gladys. I wondered if you could take your little spindley arms and do a drum roll for us.
Speaker 1: Did you do that? It's nice, tight role, so you can make fun of our arms all you want. That's a good drum roll. Dang right it is.
Speaker 3: And we are currently at with a goal of one hundred thousand dollars this week thirty seven dollars, thirty five thousand dollars, making sure kids who want to be in scouting and can't afford to get that fabulous experience love it. Thanks for your contributions, and we'll talk more about that and what I've seen scouting do for kids a little bit later.
Speaker 1: We got Katie's headlines on the way. I hope you can stay here arm strong Hetty, what did.
Speaker 3: We decide was the minimum you have to donate to get your funny name mentioned for donating.
Speaker 1: The Scouts five bucks. Very modest.
Speaker 3: It's a part of our affordability program. But it's just I don't I want you to donate five dollars and we read your funny name, so it's got to be at least twenty five dollars.
Speaker 1: But we did get.
Speaker 3: Forty bucks from the bear who wouldn't stop it. Love those Scouts we got in particularly donated fifty bucks, and thank you mister Pendicular in particularly, and thank you two hundred dollars from very very stupid babies. If you want to donate, you just go to Armstrong and getty dot com. We made it very very easy right up there at the top of the page.
Speaker 1: You can donate. Yes, indeed. Hohe so much going on as usual, probably too much. It's wearing me out. Let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Dream Katie, and we do have.
Speaker 4: Rob Reiner at the top of all the news sources, so we'll start with that. ABC director Rob Reiner and wife Michelle stabbed to death, son.
Speaker 1: Arrested for murder. Fox News Rob.
Speaker 4: Reiner's son, Nick's long struggle with addiction comes into focus after his parents' deaths and from TMZ, Rob Reiner and son Nick had a heated argument at Conan O'Brien's Christmas party before the murder.
Speaker 3: Conan O'Brien has a legendary Christmas party. I've picked up on that from listening to many celebrity podcasts over the years. It's like the big blowout for all your cool celebrities every year. Anyway, at the party the other night, father and son getting a big argument, and a couple hours later, son comes back and kills mom and dad. Katie, you have you're known for an earthy, common sense approach to life. Uh, why do you think the fascination Is it just that he was a big celebrity.
Speaker 1: Why the fascination with the murder?
Speaker 4: I think it's the celebrity aspect and everybody knows who he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what I think. I don't know.
Speaker 4: NBC fear and frustration set in as search for Brown University gunman continues.
Speaker 1: I heard him describing him today.
Speaker 3: He's a fat guy with a duck walk and bad posture.
Speaker 1: I found is not helping. It's gonna shoot more.
Speaker 4: People Chimney associated Press. Trump pledges retaliation after three Americans are killed in Syria attack that the US blames on ISIS.
Speaker 3: I hope, So, I hope we bomb the crap out of some Isis people somewhere.
Speaker 4: From Breitbart, more than one third of Americans are planning to spend more than one thousand dollars on holiday gifts.
Speaker 3: Well, with what cost things cost? Now, have you got much of a family at all?
Speaker 1: How you'd stay under one thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: From the Wall Street You're just spend two hundred dollars if you go to the grocery store.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just it's a it's a round number and an impressive number. But it's like I stopped saying I've got my million dollar idea. So what you got a million dollar idea?
Speaker 1: Please? Right?
Speaker 3: I did that, And remember I did the inflation calculator the other day. A million dollars is what half that? In a two thousand? Just in two thousand, the year two thousand, right, And it was like a quarter million in the late eighties or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. From the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 4: When mom takes over your dating profile, your subtitle is burned out singles are letting family members take over their profiles on apps like bumble and hinge Wow.
Speaker 1: Hey, try something different. MoMA can't land a gal? Why don't you take the reins? Is it that?
Speaker 3: Or is mom saying why don't you have a I need a grandchild like gets involved in your bumble to try to figure out to get your life.
Speaker 4: Setie finds cell sized robots consent, decide, and move without any outside control.
Speaker 1: Cell sized yep wow.
Speaker 4: And finally from the Babylon b After being charged with multiple felonies, former Michigan coach forced to move to the NFL.
Speaker 3: Huh, I get it. Send me that article about the cell sized robots. I mean you add that with the cockroaches with backpack packs that you can steer around.
Speaker 1: We got it. It's a troubling time to be alive.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, I've been telling I've been telling you about these microdrones forever. They'll fly into a cloud as a cloud, ind your lungs, and then explode.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: The maker of the robot vacuum Rumba, said today that it has filed for bankruptcy. Apparently, the whole company got themselves into a corner and couldn't get out.
Speaker 3: I only used the first generation room but and it was next to worthless.
Speaker 1: So you have claimed that it's got better over the years. It did.
Speaker 3: It did, although I stopped using it a couple of years ago. I mean, I keep thinking I should go back to it and then reprogram it and all, but I just haven't. I was thinking about that with tech this morning because I was having trouble with my Tesla, and like the reason I like Tesla and Apple is it almost always does what it's supposed to do and I don't have to like figuring out thing out. I don't want any tech where I gotta figure something out. If I have to figure something out, it ain't worth it to me. I just wanted to work the way it's supposed to work, and very few tech things do. Uh No, Rumbo is that way for me. It's like, Okay, if I pick up absolutely everything and set everything in exactly the right spot, it can do its job.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna do that, So yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 3: I haven't used the new new ones and that sort of technology is just leapt forward. Like I know in the world the golf automated moors are huge, absolutely huge. I don't doubt that it'll get there. I'm sure. I'm absolutely certain it will, but I don't know if it's there yet. Yeah, rooms with a lot going on, chairs and toys of everything.
Speaker 1: You got kids and dogs.
Speaker 3: It's just I haven't speaking of tech is at best Buy. I tweeted out a picture this yesterday. I tried on the latest generation of the ray band glasses that have the tech in them, although I haven't tried the ones that have the screen in them yet. You have to set up an appointment to do that. They won't let you just try that out on your own. You have to make an appointment and do like a twenty minute they show you how they work.
Speaker 1: Thing. So there's the glasses we've talked about before.
Speaker 3: Our agent uses them all the time, and there's a new generation out that supposed to be better. You can answer the phone that, you can listen to music, you can variety of things with your glasses on, your sunglasses on, or your eyeglasses on.
Speaker 1: If you get the prescription.
Speaker 3: But then there's the new one that's got the got a little screen in there that people looking at you can't see. But you can see it's in one of the lenses, and like you can read your texts, and you can have directions on there, like if you're walking down the street, and various things like that.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Based on the reviews that I've seen, they're eight hundred bucks just kind of pricey. But I'll bet the idea with these smart glasses is that you won't carry your phone. It's going to be the getting away from the phone. You don't carry it anymore. Nobody says we're there yet on those, but I'll bet that is where we're headed. You're gonna wear some sort of glasses. You're not going to carry a phone. It's all gonna be in your glasses. And that'll be within a couple of years. Yeah, I'm hoping to leave tech behind and move to the woods. Like even stuff to make face of old with Walden Pond and such.
Speaker 1: Even stuff that makes your life easier.
Speaker 3: I don't want to if it, like I said, if it doesn't work to way it's supposed to work, first try, I ain't doing it. I don't want harder. I don't want my life to get more complicated. I don't want to get into a manual. I don't have to be on the line.
Speaker 1: With the with the it.
Speaker 3: It's just got to work immediately, like most Apple stuff does, like the TESTA stuff does. But but if it makes your life easier, I'm pro you know. Yeah, I'm not exactly, but I have the luxury of being in the part of my life since my kids are grown, of seeking simplicity, whereas you don't really have that luxury with your kids and their lives and the rest of it.
Speaker 1: So I know, your life is pretty simple.
Speaker 3: If you're sitting there with your glasses on and a text comes in and you tap your fingers together and say, and you just read it, then you respond to it, don't have to get out your phone, don't have to do anything.
Speaker 1: It seems pretty simple. You're dancing to the tune of your screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow. Are you going to give it out texting? Are you going to go full Walden Pond? No, I'm just going to give up being plugged in all the time. I'm going to be doing what I'm doing and not dividing my attention with technology. But this would be the same amount of texting you're doing now in an easier manner without getting in my doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, am I doing a bad job of explaining myself, Katie? Do you think or what? No? No, I think you're fine.
Speaker 4: I think that the point of trying this, trying to get you away from your phone is crap because you're just putting your phone on your face.
Speaker 3: Well right, And my point is all of that s is going to be over there and I'm not going to be paying any attention to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mountain man, more or less, and you'll be.
Speaker 3: I'm absolutely convinced that is the route to better mental health and happiness.
Speaker 1: Whittling and writing poetry would be the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a poetry about whittling. Yes, the once was a man who could whittle.
Speaker 1: Right, don't don't get me started.
Speaker 3: Let's see spittle George Kittle, little little theos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm trying to avoid the obvious.
Speaker 3: H oh oh, breaking breaking not exactly news. This is what everybody's going to be talking about. It just broke in the New York Times minutes ago. Susie Wiles, the White House Chief of Staff, evidently sat down for eleven interviews with either Peter Baker or the New York Times or him and his team and the quote unquote highlights. The things she went ahead and said are unfreaking believable given the fact that she's still in the gig. This is like they've been out of office two years and she writes her book, mister Trump has an alcoholics personality.
Speaker 1: Didn't I say that just a week ago? You did?
Speaker 3: He's an untreated alcoholic. I've thought that for years. Ah, could he give the nickel version for folks who because he doesn't drink, he's never drank, his brother drank himself to death. Those of us in the world of alcoholism, most of us don't believe the drinking has very little to do with being an alcoholic. It's a it's one of the many symptoms of being an alcoholic.
Speaker 1: You're either are or you aren't.
Speaker 3: And it's got to do with the way your brain works, in the way you look at the world and your relationship to it. Fair Enough, Okay, And he and since he's got since he's got it in his family and his brother drank himself to death, it makes it fairly likely he certainly has an obsessive Well, I don't know how you and I don't know much about that concept, so I'll let you choose the words, but anyway, so she said that Vice President J. D. Vans has quote been a conspiracy theorist for a decade, and his conversion from Trump critic ally was based not on principle, but was sort of political because as he's running for the Senate. Elon Musk is quote an avowed ketamine user who's an odd, odd duck whose actions were not always rational and left her aghast Russell t Vaught, the budget director is a right wing absolute zealot. Attorney General Pam Bondi completely whiffed in handling the Epstein files, among other quotes.
Speaker 1: This is very, very long, but.
Speaker 3: This is like when one of those tell all books comes out and everybody goes to the index immediately to see if they're mentioned in it, and then Washington goes wild over it for a couple of.
Speaker 1: Weeks or whatever. So far, she's in the gig right now.
Speaker 3: So far those all sound incredibly accurate. Most of them are negative, except I don't think the one on Elon is negative. Yes, he's an on duck. I'm glad he's an on duck. He's doing all kinds of things because he's a nod duck. Yeah, let's see sheerage mister Trump not to pardon the most violent riders from jan six, but which he did. Anyway, I agree with her on that she unsuccessfully tried to get him to delay his major tariffs because of huge disagreements among his advisors. She said the administration needs to quote look harder at deportations to prevent mistakes. But she did not complain about being overruled, and at various points she got on board with the eventual decisions. There have been a couple of times where I've been out voted, she said. And if there's a tie, he wins. Sounds like the you know, description of the job she has. Sure, anyway, they'll be buzzing about this all day, certainly in all week. Yeah, it's interesting that she said that about her boss. Though about Donald Yeah, Oh my gosh, I'm reminded that she grew up with an alcoholic father, the great sportscaster Pat Summer All. Oh did did Pat summerl get sober at some point? Or was he drinking clear up to the end? I remember late in his career. You remember the infamous Super Bowl clip? Yeah, Michael, do we still have that? That was just being old though, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: I have to look at and.
Speaker 3: There are games where people believe he was drunk though where he sounded drunk. Well, hey, you're watching a football game. You have a couple of beers through the math. Even most your viewers are drunk. We're all drunk together. You're gonna be a judge put on a row, right huh. Anyway, that's enough of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: I want to tell you a little bit where we are in the Ukraine Russia peace steal thingy. The latest from the New York Times can tell you about that. Right after this more good news from Omaha Steaks. Man, you need to get on board.
Speaker 1: What a great.
Speaker 3: Gift, A gift you can eat. Oh yeah, and it's so delicious, it's so high quality. Trust us when we say we would not tell you steaks were good unless they're good, really really good. We're both steak freaks. Omaha Steaks quality is terrific. I've never been disappointed with the quality either Steaks, Burgers or Franks for that matter. And they have even more nap. Yeah, so you want to shop Omaha steaks dot com. Plus our listeners get an extra thirty five dollars off with the code Armstrong at checkout.
Speaker 1: So now it's a particularly good time.
Speaker 3: Particularly moss In particularly Omaha Staks offers unrivaled quality and variety. Everybody's back by their one hundred percent guarantee. And again it's the perfect gift for somebody who doesn't need stuff.
Speaker 1: I give it every year to the people I care about.
Speaker 3: Honesty, goodness, stay big on gourmet gifts and more holiday favorites with Omaha Steaks. Visit Omaha Steaks dot com get an extra thirty five bucks off by using the code armstrong at checkout terms. Apply sea site for details. It's Omaha Steaks dot Com. Use that code armstrong when you check out.
Speaker 1: So according to New.
Speaker 3: York Times, the negotiations that went on all weekend and then including yesterday, with Zelensky, European leaders and even Trump getting on the phone at various times to get involved in the meeting, the United States, Ukraine, and Europe have agreed on a NATO like guarantee for the security of Ukraine.
Speaker 1: That is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this isn't bigger news, two US officials said yesterday as they tried to come up with a peace proposal that would deter future aggression and still satisfied Russia. Now they haven't agreed on the whole land things. Lensky doesn't want to give up some chunks of land. Trump says, look, they're going to take the land eventually. Anyway, you should give it up. I don't know how they're gonna work that out, But to me, the bigger thing is we're involved in a security guarantee, like we'll go to war with Russia.
Speaker 1: If they invade again. We're just gonna have that on paper at something that's got to be a Senate ratified treaty, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: The United States, Ukraine, and Europe have agreed on a NATO lak. I have no idea. I don't know enough about that. But many European countries have said they will put troops in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know that we're going to put troops in there.
Speaker 3: But if we're before signed on to some sort of agreement that if Russia comes back again, we're in Wow. Where does an agreement end and a treaty begin and Senate ratification become necessary?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: President's Lensky, I'd want to look into that, make sure it's an agreement that holds. Yeah, agreed, of course we might be you know, true, the Euros might be saying we'll throw troops in and we're just saying, yeah, well, absolutely, give you all the arms and whatever.
Speaker 1: But I suppose it could be.
Speaker 3: For instance, France, Germany and Great Britain are going to have troops in Ukraine, and if they were attacked, I suppose our NATO guarantee kicks in at that point. Maybe I mean German NAT lots of NATO troops are being attacked. Yeah, yeah, well yeah, it's funny. I don't think I printed it, but one of our beloved listeners, one of you clever folks, said, NATO just needs to invade Ukraine under some idiotic pretext with the Zelenski's permission, have troops all over the place and then say yeah, yeah, we invaded better you did, it's ours now and wait for.
Speaker 1: The dust to settle. Wow, what an interesting idea.
Speaker 3: NATO invades Ukraine, takes Kiev using my finger quotes right, but lets them just operate as they've been operating. But and instead of fighting tooth and nail, the Ukrainians would say, yeah, you need to go to the stop sign and take a left, and that's where they would help. And Naty would just say, this is NATO territory, well right, or our troops are here. Attack on one is an attack on all, so you got to stop attacking. Wow, I don't know where this is going. Pretty interesting though. We got mail bag coming up and lots of stuff stay here. So raising money for the Scouts this week. Gonna do a big pitch next hour. I'll explain what I've seen with my own eyeballs in terms of.
Speaker 1: Young men in particularly.
Speaker 3: That's just been my experience with the boys of what it has done for their maturity and leadership skills and everything.
Speaker 1: It's just mind blowing to me. And we're raising money this week.
Speaker 3: If you want to donate now before you even hear the spiel, you can go to Armstrong in getty dot com. We've made it super easy. We're trying to raise one hundred thousand dollars this week. More on that later. Here's your freedom loving quota of the Day from the Great Tennessee Williams, founder of the State of Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Not really. Uh.
Speaker 3: If you want to really make people angry, you can do two things, obtain happiness or tell the truth. I went on a big Tennessee Williams kick a couple of years ago. Took in everything you'd ever done and fascinating dude. And of course, uh street car name Desire is his deal. Yeah, yeah, best known, his greatest hit. Mailbag drops a note mail bag at Armstrong you getty dot com. There it is, Billy and Marina del Rey just thought of a simple solution to the Russia Ukraine were Ukraine problem, NATO or the EU should just invade Ukraine over some silly issue. Ukraine then surrenders to NATO or the EU. NATO, EU then refuses to remove whatever military stuff they brought into Ukraine.
Speaker 1: You're a thing. You're an innovator, Billy. I like the aggressiveness of it.
Speaker 3: So far, everything with Russia has been like backfooted shrinking, hoping they won't go further, and that.
Speaker 1: Has not worked over the last decade. Somebody needs to say it. Blah blah blah YadA, YadA YadA. World War three. Ryan from Houston writes, I don't need a troll president to a president Trump wrote about Rob Ryaner's undefendable Yeah, there's tons of TDS and if Trump died by whatever manner, there would be champagne popping from coast to coast. But that doesn't make Trump the good guy here. You know what's wild.
Speaker 3: This is obvious, but I didn't think about it until they pointed it out on one of those news shows I was watching this morning.
Speaker 1: The guy got shot.
Speaker 3: The whole You know, everything's changed. Trump's got a different outlook on life since he got shot. Apparently not he got shot. He's been on the other end of political violence, and he's still willing to say stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm done with the troll president. Hope that soon we can have a president of the United States. But I'm more likely to win the power ball tomorrow. While Marshall Phillips does his tenth push up in Jack says something nice about Dominic. That's Ryan from Houston. He asked, Jack, smart glasses just another step to old fancy Jack. That's been Ryan's theme of late old simple Jack is old fancy Jack. But on the Trump thing, so, I mean, I don't quite get the Yeah, like I said, going back to his comment on John McCain, he says awful, horrible things. I think there's something wrong with his personality. Yes, and I would rather he was president than the alternative. The alternative we were giving we're given, we weren't given Ron de Santis as a choice. Yeah, right, so true, BHJ writes on the ausse hero, still trying to figure out how he's able to close the distance on the shooters so quickly while carrying such a huge set.
Speaker 1: Of balls between its legs.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is frank talk, but a tribute to the man's incredible courage.
Speaker 1: Good for you, sir, well done. You're a real hero.
Speaker 3: JB and Florida says, I don't know how you can do what you do day after day, five days a week. If I get overwhelmed by any of the topics you're discussing, I can just turn off the radio. But you guys have to keep trudging through the never ending bad news from around the world. He goes into the older you get, the less tolerance you have for the daily drama, and then he suggests that we just do Monday through Thursday and have Michael play best of shows on Friday. I'm sure your listeners would rather have you four days a week than not at all due to burnout.
Speaker 1: You're a very perceptive person. JB.
Speaker 3: That's the old nineteen eighties Johnny Carson schedule that he did later in his career. I think actually he took a Monday's end, Fridays off. He worked at the grueling three day work week. Yeah, I don't mind telling people. I lobbied that this contract that we're working on right now, we do a three hour show and not a four hour show. It's a lot, and burnout is not a well, it's a real thing. But I was persuaded we don't have to talk about all the nastiness of the world though nobody makes sense.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's just no.
Speaker 3: It's well. As David Letterman said many many, many years ago, and it made an impression on both of us. He set I've been doing this for fourteen years. You can do that math. And I still feel like there's a page of the directions missing. Anyway I can relate. We don't have time for this. But Tom, who was a National Guardsman, was extremely offended by our conversation about the National guard. I think there may have been a bit of a misinterpretation.
Speaker 1: Tom.
Speaker 3: What we were trying to say is we don't think most people think of the National Guard in terms of foreign deployment.
Speaker 1: Well, my brother was in the Guard for years.
Speaker 3: Tell me what the guy was angry about, because I'm more than willing to stand up for the Guard, having had a family member who did it for a long time. Yeah, and we don't have time in thirty seconds to lay it out then respond.
Speaker 1: To it, but we can. We absolutely can because it's a good topic. Let's see.
Speaker 3: And then Mike from Petaluma, interviewing a bunch of folks for the company Company hiring manager Season Eagle Scout says, Oh, interesting, guy got the job. Tell your boys this story for what it's worth. Yeah, that's a good one. We are raising money for scouting. We'll explain that in hour two. If you don't get our two or miss a second, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: It's easy to find
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty.