Speaker 1: Welcome on and all to the hemb A Territory Podcast. My name is Sheellan Coleman. Hope, wherever you are and wherever you are listening, hopefully you're a Bif that or all. If you're a member of Braves Country, then you were a few days ago. The remedy for losing a few disappointing games in a row is being able to win a couple of good games in a row, especially in a twenty four to forty eight hour period, and that's what the Braves did tonight. Didn't look like it would be that way at first, but the Bats came alive, a five to four victory just ended with ricell Iglesias getting Luis Garcia to fly out, and as always here to break it all down. That plus some trade and scuttle butt. One of the best when it comes to breaking down the Braves. Friend your Friend podcast partner one and only, Steven Tolberth, Hello, Stephen.
Speaker 2: I think your intro gets all right. Your introduction for me gets longer. I like to think that you're adding a single word every time you know that prank where like you move somebody's desk like one inch every time they go to the bathroom, and so by at the end of the day, it's like ten feet away. I think that's what you're doing with the intro. I think you're adding a word every time.
Speaker 1: I start giving you a new nickname each week. Like I think I may do that one of the best when it comes, and I'm gonna stick with the literation, right like one of the best when it comes to bring to the eyes. I think it's one to go to good. But people don't care for that. They'll pick up on it in time. They're here for Tobert's takes. And there's plenty to take away from tonight's game, both before and deering, and why don't we just like the Braves, let's mix it up. Engineered by Fastena. So before we get to game action itself, Steven, the first talking point is who was not on the field tonight at least in the starting lineup, and that was one Austin Riley. I think that it makes a lot of sense, you know, Riley. I'm gonna get your take on it and then and then I have my own take as well. But definitely a note. While it is a noteworthy development, it certainly seemed warranted after the past couple of games in New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Scott and Brad talked about it on their show last night. I think Scott even said he wouldn't be surprised if if Riley sat today tonight's game, and that's the second what happened. Debon was in at third. You know, there's levels too bad, and there's there's versions of bad that you can kind of live with and just kind of help a guy, you know, maybe just fight his way through. But Riley was so bad in that New York series. I think he had like ten have like ten strikeouts in one three game series, which is like damn near impossible, quite honestly, and like very uncompetitive. It's not even the kind of strikeouts where like you work the count and like you get it to three to two and the guy has to throw seven pitches and at the very least you're like building up a pitch count not even know it's like one, two, three, go back to the dugout. Very uncompetitive. You know, I don't know what they're gonna do. I really don't. I would not be surprised, like if you told me right now that there's gonna be playoff games where Austin Riley sits, it wouldn't stun me, Like if they go get another bat somewhere and they can like live with not getting a ton of production from third base. I don't think they're gonna go get another third baseman because Austin makes too much money to go get another like long term answer, but yeah, that's where we are, Like he's just not good enough. And I tweeted it out the other day, like I would bat him ninth. If he's gonna be in there, he needs to be batting ninth. And I wouldn't be surprised in late game situations, especially if there's a ridy on the mound where Austin gets pitch hint for with like Dom Smith coming up, you know, with a better platoonity man. Like, that's just where we are, Like we have to start treating Austin like the hitter he is and not the hitter he was. And that's just the reality. And it sucks. I know there's a lot of fans out there that love Austin, but like, that's just where we are right now. He's there are very few hitters on the team I would rather see up there less than Austin. Riley in a big situation. And that's just you know, I'm just being honest, and you know I kind of understood what was doing tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: And the other thing that I'll say is this is that it's it's obviously it's frustrating to see him striking out like he is. It always just seems like it's that slider away and he's just not making the adjustment to be able to put better at bats together. But what's even more frustrating is is that when he puts the ball in the bat right now, he's hitting the ball hard, but I think like a ninety six average exit velosty over the past seven to ten games. But it doesn't matter at the level that he's striking out. He's set a new franchise record for the most strikeouts in a single month of July. And like you said, it's great when he puts the ball in play, but if ninety percent of the time it's uncompetitive at bats, it it doesn't matter when you're putting the ball in play. And the other way to your point about we need to treat Austin Riley for who he is now rather than who he was. I think that he's in that same grouping now when it comes to a Hasan Kim or a Sean Murphy or you know, Yustremsky tonight hit a two run homer. That was great to see. But the point that I'm getting at is that we could talk about trades all day, but the Brays aren't going to be able to go out and get two or three offensive players. They just have too much needs on the pitching side. If this Braves team is going to win the World Series, they're likely going to have to get production from an unexpected source that's being paid a lot of money. And so when we're talking about, hey, Riley may not play playoff games, he may be pinch hit for if, for instance, has Song Kim. I'm not expecting this, But if Hassong Kim comes back and he's hitting the ball well and Austin continues to struggle, You've got an alternative there. You could put de Bond at short and Hassan Kim at third. Again, I'm not expecting that, But the main point that I'm getting at is is that, yes, the Braves should have no reservations at this point in time, and especially as things get more on the line. To if Austin Riley is still struggling, you've got to go with the more trustworthy option. And at some point in time that may be during a playoff game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again I said this during the New York series, Like, I don't blame WLT, Like I know it probably pisses Austin off, but I bet there's a part of Austin that understands it too. Like it's professional sports, like you have to produce or you don't. You're not just just because you have the contract doesn't mean you're just guaranteed to be given the opportunity to fail over and over and over. At some point they're gonna try something else. And again, Austin's got this long term money. There's no real long term answer here. The long term answer is they gotta hope Austin figures it out at some point, but in the short term, they don't have to play him right now. Like they could also go grab some sort of infield er at the deadline if like an outfielder doesn't produce itself, like they could go grab somebody who can play the infield a little bit to give them Austin Riley hasan Kim insurance like they certainly could do that. So yeah, I mean, it's just a tough situation. The Braves really need offense right now. The offense is kind of struggling coming into the game. They had a good game, which we're about to talk about, but yeah, I get it. I completely understand what Walt's doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the end of the day, you know, we talk about allegiances this time of year. You know, teams that are looking to sell players, their allegiance is for them to get the best return, so they don't have an allegiance of who they prefer to trade to. The Braves allegiance right now with this core, with how good this season has been record wise, at least so far, is to make the best decisions what pushed you in the best position to win against quality opponents, and right now, in a lot of situations, that's not going with Austin Riley. So if tough decisions need to be made, winning is what should determine what decision is made. But I will tell you what's going to help with winning, and that's Ronald Accuna Junior getting back to form, and we saw it tonight, stepped back and absolutely loud out I felt for I felt for Drake and and Ronald and Matt in that first inning because they were they went bananas and didn't have anything to show for it despite the Nationals hitting home runs. But then Acuna drove the ball out to right center field, same way we've discussed with Austin Riley, many of the Brave's right handed hitters, when they're driving the ball like that to write center field, it's a good sign. And you can kind of see glimpses of Ronald acuon you locking in if he gets on the heater. That's the difference making aspect of this team. That really puts him up there with anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've talked I've talked about this before about with Ronald. You can a lot of times you can tell by the way Ronald takes pitches how locked in he is. And in that very first of bat he got behind O two and then Irvin threw three straight fastballs off the plate and got to a three to two count. But Ronald took all of them with ease, like he he didn't lunge. He wasn't like early. It was very comfortable takes. And then the next pitch Irban threw over the plate he hit like one hundred and nine miles. Now, now it was a line out, but he barreled it. The next time up, he hits one four hundred and thirty feet to center field for a homer. He takes a walk, like you can tell the way Ronald takes pitches. Even that lasted bat where he struck out, it wasn't a strike. It was a pitch off the plate that he took that the umpire called a strike. But like by that take, I can tell he's locked in. And so that's what they I mean, Baldwin, Ronald, and Olsen all being locked in at once is something we really haven't seen this year. I mean, just all of them on the field, something we haven't seen a ton of. But that's the version of this team that can be really scary and really dominant on the offense side of the ball. And I saw a lot of good at bats tonight from all those guys. I know, you know, it was frustrating early because everything wasn't out, But you hit the ball the way they hit the ball tonight, you're gonna score a lot of runs. So I was encouraged by the offense to night and it's of course it starts with Acunya.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Now on the flip side of things, you know, of course Grant Holmes was on the mound and he wouldn't full on anybody tonight, whether it's Dylan Lyle. I believe you know, Dayalan Lyle.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I got Lyle. I'm just going to start saying three versions of everybody's name and hoping I'll get one of them right. The point I'm getting at is that he was absolutely on point when Dylan Lee through that middle middle fastball to Lyle when he was down three to one the count. I was like, oh gosh, here we go again. But thankfully he popped it up. But the point that I'm getting at is Grant Holmes once again kind of proved the point that that that we are to the point that when the Braves go out and get their starting pitcher. And I'm speaking as if this is going to happen, because I'm very confident that it is naturally. Grant homes spot in the rotation is the one that needs to be replaced, and you just simply need to shift Grant Holmes to the bullpen. I know that many and Brave's country realize this, but I want to make sure that we drive this point home. Grant Holmes has a value spot on this roster as a reliever, especially as a multi eating guy to keep it maybe a playoff game close, or as a sixth inning guy. He can get the job done as a reliever. But I think that his spot is the most natural spot. So if we do once we do at a starting pitcher, that starting pitcher takes over his spot and then Grant Holmes goes to the bullpen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that that is a sound argument. I will say this. There are a number of Braves rotation spots that I can make the argument need to be the one that gets replaced after sale. It's a lot of question marks. You know, Elder Perez Lopez, you know Holmes are the four right now, I probably would lean to agreeing with you. I think Holmes is the one that I would remove, Yeah, because I think he would be the best weapon of the bullpen.
Speaker 1: He's just a reliever.
Speaker 2: Like he's a reliever. He had the problem with Grant like long term, is that his fastball is one of the most hit able pitches in baseball, and that's his problem for like three years now or two years. I guess, like when he throws that, when he has to throw that fastball over the plate, it gets annihilated. And when he gets ahead with a slider and the curveball and the breaking stuff, the fastball can survive. The problem is like if you don't have a good if you don't have like a pitchable fastball, it's really hard to be a starting pitcher. It's really hard to get fifteen outs in a game or six or you know, eighteen outs if you can't throw your fastball like consistently, and Grant can't because it gets it just gets annihilated. And the you know, for as many hard hit balls as the Braves said, the Nationals had just as many against Grant homes. So it's just more it's kind of the perfect game for the Braves. They won the game, the offense showed up, and it was more evidence that they need a starter, Like that's kind of how I want to win games right now, where everything is pointing towards Alex saying, hey, yeah, we won this game, but still very clearly need a starting pitcher, a really good starting pitcher. So yeah, I mean, it was just kind of more evidence the Grand Grant as a reliever, and he's been a reliever for like two years and they just haven't been able to do it because they don't have enough starting pitching. Hopefully that changes in the next few days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that it is a you know, maybe the biggest factor in how good the Braves have done this year is, like I mentioned at the start of the year, more often than not, as the game goes along, the Braves are going to have the offensive as well as the bullpen advantage. And that is, you know, represented by the fact that they have the best late game run differential in baseball. I don't know how successful that is in the postseason. I can tell you it's definitely not as successful as it is in the regular season. So you can't sit here and go with the same remedy or the same source of success being you get down two or three runs early and then plan to come back against quality bullpens. That's just not going to happen. So they need to be able to go get a few arms to potentially be able to put them in a better position. More on that in just a moment. After we hear about the wonderful folks at fasten.
Speaker 2: All, fasten All Industrial Supplies, Innovative Solutions. Want to learn more, visit fescmal dot com.
Speaker 4: Todd Father, you're hitting some games this summer.
Speaker 1: What's the deal, of course?
Speaker 3: And it's real simple, Scottie Braun, You know how it is. You go to seat Geek and you can find any deal you want in any section you want, even if the game sold out. Go to seat Geek and you'll find something that you love, affordable for your family that you can enjoy anywhere, anytime, at any ballpark and stadium you want enjoy it. It's the best opportunity to go see a beautiful game.
Speaker 4: Of baseball, and that's the thing that you can be so last minute. Sea Geek is the official ticket marketplace of Major League Baseball. They have you covered for all of your baseball ticket needs the entire summer. They also have over seventy thousand events on sea gek that includes concerts, festivals, all kinds of sporting events.
Speaker 1: So go check it out right now.
Speaker 4: FTFAM the code is Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at sea Geek. That's ten percent off with promo code territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app, and then the code automatically is added to your accounts and you can use it later.
Speaker 1: So Stephen, obviously we're one day closer to the trade deadline. Many expect the Braves are going to be one of the most active teams, and we're starting to get rumblings. The Scott Coleman, you know, mentioned that, you know, I believe it was Buster only who said that. You know, the past twenty four hours talks have gotten, you know, going like crazy. Jeff Passing mentioned that Friday would be when things start to happen, so you know, maybe maybe we'll start to see some action. But when it comes to the Braves, one thing that has developed in my mind over the past couple of days is, as badly as I want tark schoobl I can understand and probably agree with, it may not be the best usage of the Braves' assets to just put it into one source. Like, don't get me wrong, I think that the move that moves the needle the most for the Braves to make a World Series run would be getting Schooble. And they absolutely see if they can get it done. But as much as his team needs a quality number two starter, I think that they definitely needed to add at least two arms that they feel could get through a playoff lineup at least one time. And one of those needs to be a left hander. With how much the other nationally contenders struggle more against left handers than right handers. So that's the takeaway that I have. Instead of maybe trying to overpay and go all out for just a clear quality number two starter, still try to get that, but I would also see if there is especially a left hander out there, even if he's had a bad year, that maybe you could feel you could improve that could be a multiple inning guy, maybe a starter to the rest of the regular season, but a multiple inning guy in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's all about cost, and that's the thing. That's the thing we just we're never gonna know. We have no idea what Detroit is gonna ask for. I mean, well, we'll have somewhat of a sense by whatever he eventually gets traded for, you can kind of make a one to one comparison for your system. Doesn't work exactly like that because teams view players differently. It's not just you know, it's not just a linear you know, comparison like that. It doesn't work like that. But we don't know what the cost is gonna be. So in that, you know, if you look anytime we talk about school on this show, if you look in the comments, it's all the Braves shouldn't give up the farm system for two months of you know, Terrek Scoogle. First of all, the Braves are not going to give up the farm system for two months. They're not gonna give the farm sist for two months of anybody. And Detroit is not going to get somebody's entire farm system for two months. Like, what you get is all based on the value of the player, and it doesn't matter how good the player is. If you're a two month rental, that value is capped and you're only gonna get so much. Like at some point every team in baseball will just say no and they'll just have to keep them. So I'm not worried about the Braves giving up the farm. What you can reasonably worried about is whatever you give Detroit to get schooble, could you use that those resources to potentially get multiple things on the market and be a better use of those resources, which I think what you're talking about, so, and that's perfectly reasonable. The problem is we just don't know those details. What I would say is the price that Schooble is going to demand or the Tigers are going to demand for school is commiserate with the level of talent you're adding to the team, because like, if you do it, let's just say hypothetically, the Braves meet the price, Schooble and Sale are now the one two punch for this team. Now, you probably don't have to go get a second starter because those two guys are so good that you could probably piece together like Game three with Diddy or Fintes and Grant Holmes, nobody pitching more than one time through the order. Ronaldo Lopez, like, you have enough guys who could probably get through one time of the order where you're not having to go get two guys. However, if you go get like a Trevor Rodgers instead of a schoobl then you probably are gonna won a second pitcher along with him. You see what I'm saying, Like, it's it's it's it's all relative. So and and you know, the variable we just don't know is cost. And you know, I was watching the broadcast tonight like everybody else was. First of all, Carl Ravach being on ESPN was why did you see that Carl ravtchs was calling games for esp I thought he got I thought he got laid off.
Speaker 1: Huge fan of Carl Ravitch by the way, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love like a big part of my childhood, like baseball tonight was a huge part of my childhood. But but I was watching the game tonight and I saw that same report by Buster that said the volume of calls picked up tremendously in the last twenty four hours, and he actually said he expects a whole wave of trades to happen potentially tomorrow, and then a second wave to happen on Monday. I think teams have finally I think one thing you've seen is I do think teams have finally declared like we're buying, we're selling, we're standing PA. I think at least Alex now knows who is all available. I don't think it's drastically gonna change. I really hope teams aren't making decisions like this based on like a three game sample, Like if you're still unsure that whether or not you should be buying or selling you shouldn't be buying. Is the easiest way to see, because you're if you're not. If you don't know your team is good, by now, they're not good. So I would hope, and baseball is filled with really a ton of really smart people. I doubt, very seriously, like the difference between going one and two or two and one is really gonna change somebody's entire direction of their franchise. Like I think most teams know what they're doing, and I think Alex probably knows by now what most teams are doing. And so it would not surprise me at all to see like starting like at any point right now it's it's nine pm Central as we're recording this, anytime in the next like twenty four to thirty six hours, like a whole rash of trades happening, would not surprise me at all.
Speaker 1: To throw some more names in there that could potentially put a package together, give me a couple of different scenarios. I think that if the Braves are serious about going to get Tark Schoogle, the duo that you start out with is going to be a J. Smith Shauber, because he I think I think he would stand out to the Tigers against other teams, young pitchers who could be immediate contributors but still have upside, potentially top of the rotation upside. He would be involved. We also know Tigers have scouted the Braves' farm system. Again girl Vitic mentioned that they seem to heavily scout Alex Ladiz. He would be involved as well. So that would be the duo that you would start off your package with, probably to get school and the Braves are going to have to add a very very good third prospect to beat other duos that other teams have. Other teams are going to have stronger duos. So that's kind of the package that you're going to put together for Schooble. But instead of going that route, what about the other Tiger pitcher, Casey Mice and maybe a start package with Lodis. But but you get to keep a J. Smith Shauber, right, and so now you have the setup of pil mize a J. Smith Shaffer Because I think that many would mention that if all the pictures the Braves have right now, your Game two starter could be a J. Smith Shaufer of who you have internally, right, now, so you don't go Schooble, you go Mice, you get him, you get to keep a J. Smith Shauber, and then you go out and maybe get that other multiple inning left handed guy or Robbie Ray would be someone. I'm sure there are others that are out there, but that's kind of the point that I'm getting at. I do think that the Braves do trade with the Tigers. Lodis is gone, and it's nothing against Lodise. He's there's a reason why the Tigers would want him. But again, going back to points that we made weeks ago, you're trading from a group of shortstops. You still have John Heel among others that are there as well. So just laying out different scenarios and if the cross just gets too much for Schooble at some point, you just want to be able to pivot to where you can feel more needs and maybe get even more depth in the starting rotation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, one reason I don't go into specific packages is again we have we like in my opinion, AG's miss schev would make sense for Detroit, Like if I was Detroit, that's one. Especially if they're doing the thing where they want to trade Schooble but still try to kind of compete and have like MLB ready pitching. Then Ages mischev makes a lot of sense to me. For all, I know, Detroit might like Detroit might not like Ages Mitchell at all. I don't know. They might be scared off by the fact that he literally just got and came back from Tommy Johnson, Like you know, that might knock him down enough. You know, wrongs on their list where he's he's out, and maybe Owen Murphy's the guy, or maybe j R. Richie's the guy, or maybe that's the thing is just every team views every other team's prospects differently, So anytime people send me trade packages, I typically ignore it just because there's no way to know. What I will say is one thing that has developed in and they put a graphic on the on the broadcast tonight. There are quite a few like decent pictures available, Like I think they had a graphic tonight with they had like sixteen different names on it, and it's all the names that you've heard us talk about a ton I The good thing is it's not Schooble or Bust because I think the Dodgers are gonna get Trek's Schooble. And I've said that. I said that like back in April, if you remember, I was talking about it, like I thought my biggest fear was Detroit sucking and the Dodgers getting Tread Schooble. I think that's exactly what.
Speaker 1: You don't have to repeat it, you don't have to ruin the ship.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Dodgers. Just I think that Dodgers Baseball America released their Top one hundred. I think the Dodgers had ten guys on their top one hundred or something something. Yeah, like something absurd like that, Like not only the Dodgers' best team in baseball, they're the best farm system in baseball. So like, if the Dodgers want Scoopy, they're gonna get it. Let's just be clear about that. So the good news is for the Atlanta is it's not Schooble or bust. And like you said earlier, you could make the very rational argument that a better use of resources is to use what it would take to get Schooble and go get multiple things with those players. So I just want to see a really good number two starter added to this roster. It doesn't have to be schoobl It's not like I'm I don't need to. It's not to read school or or nothing for me. There's plenty of good pictures. Trevor Rodgers a good picture, Kevin Goalsman's a good picture. We'll see if Toronto would deal with Alex you know, Casey Mayes is a good picture. Apparently Hunter Green is available from the Reds. That's what Buster was talking about tonight. You know, you gotta be careful with injury stuff. The Braves have already had enough injury stuff, so you got to be careful there. But like there's some interesting arms. Foster Griven for the Nationals apparently can be moved if they can't agree to an extension, and they have not been able to agree to extension to this point. Like they're decent pitchers out there. So I'm confident that there's enough inventory. And I didn't even mention that the Angels guys who've been your favorite for most of the years, So there's inventory out there. The Braves have a good farm system. The Braves have a lot of money to spend, Like even if the Dodgers get school, the Braves still have a very very very good shot of getting a very good starting pitcher to go along with Chris Sale. And that's you know, I think they need a right handed bat as well. But that's the big item on the to do list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and of course the other item on the to do list. You know, we could talk about, you know, relievers, and I know that Alex wants to add that type of believer. Sure that you'll pick someone off of the scrap heap's talk about the offense. This offense needs on of the bat. They definitely definitely do. But I think that you're starting to be able to see some categories of what you need to choose from. Right. You've got the on base percentage sources like Elaine Thomas or a Taylor Ward, but in their cases, both of them are past thirty. They're both their power numbers have gone down.
Speaker 3: Quite a bit.
Speaker 1: You've got the potential power sources like a Joe Adell or a Helio Ramos. Both of them are controllable. They're walk rates or Michael Harris level. So you know, it's kind of kind of frustrating. An interesting end that I like is j McCarthy of Colorado. I think he has decent numbers outside of Colorado. But he also is someone who very much is a contact speed guy who may have a bit of you know, defensive upside, who could play any of the defensive positions. But I think that he's a good situational hitter. Would you put emphasis here?
Speaker 2: Is he not left handed?
Speaker 1: But well, I know that they want right handed hitters, but hey, at this point, I'll take a lefty that maybe can handle lefties, okay. And he's someone also that doesn't come with a monster contract like a Jung so Lee I believe out of San Francisco. So, Steve and I pose this question to you, regardless of right hand or left hand. You know that's one aspect that you factor in for a hitter. What's the number one offensive skill you think that a hitter target needs to have for this brave lineup? Is it on base skills? Is it power? Is it defensive versatility? What is the number one aspect of a position player addition that you're looking for? I think I know the answer, but I'm asking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I I would always rather have Well, let me rephrase, when you already have Akunya and Baldwin on the team, who are both extremely high on base guys and Olsen, who's always a high walk rate guy. Give me power, give me guys, I can hit the ball of the ballpark, because it's just the easiest way to win the postseason. You know, Like Joe Adell has got like a one seventy WRC plus against left handed pitching this year. It's a you know, I'm not gonna say it's a ton of homers. I think he's got like seventeen homers this year, but that's probably on pace for like twenty five thirty for the season. So like, yeah, he's not great. He doesn't walk a lot, he's he's been very bad. He gets right handed pitching. Like it's a it's a very specific need, and he's he is he would be covering a very very specific part of the club. But it's a part of the club that I think needs to be covered because right now it's Eli White and not a lot else, quite honestly, and you know, that's what I would look for, even you know, there's probably a bunch of you know, the thing that we don't know is like some of these fringe teams, if they're gonna sell, I think there were actually gonna see Sean is a couple of teams who might buy and sell. I've heard a lot of like teams being you know, they're being strategy about, like, Okay, we're not gonna win this year, so we're gonna sell off some rentals, but we also maybe buy, which means there might be guys available that you don't think are available, Like you know, what Alex, Is there anything in the numbers that the Braves like about, like a George Springer? Again, it would take the Blue Jays actually being willing to trade with Alex, which we don't know, but you know, guys who've hit for power in the past. I don't know, we'll see. I do think the right handed outfield market is probably a little light in terms of supply, and I think there are a number teams out there that are actually looking for right handed power. It's been a weird thing in baseball this year where like lefties are thriving and right handed hitters are not. I don't know really why that's been happening, but you know, like I heard like the Marlins might be be willing to trade some of their right handed hitters some of like some of the really good right handed hitters you know, I'm fascinating to what the Phillies do, Like the Phillies a fallen off planet earth.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Don Mattingly made some weird comments about Bryce Harper, like to the media a couple of days ago. They were like, good lord, dude, that's where we're going. We're calling out our one of our best players publicly. So hey see it. Yeah really, it's it's a heartbreaking situation in Philadelphia right now. But yeah, it's gonna be just fascinating to see what teams do. That's what I That's what we really don't know is who's who is fully available, because I think there's gonna be some surprising names moved, quite honestly, And I think it's gonna be some surprising teams that maybe buy and sell. But yeah, I mean, you know, really good starter, a right handed hitter preferably for me, who can hit for some power. You know, there's been this stuff about Robert Suarez not being really ready and taking a lot longer to get ready than they maybe hoped it would from this injury. Maybe a reliever is in the is in the cards as well. It usually is for Alex quite honestly, So we'll see Yeah.
Speaker 1: The one thing that what I'll in with is this when it comes to Alex and Thopless is now. I know that there was that quote unquote one n L executive who said that he felt Alex was kind of going to play it by a ear and wait till the last second like he did in twenty one and so on and so forth. But one thing that I'll say to Alex is this, if you have the chance to get your guy waitting tomorrow, like, don't wait until try to see the price drop. If there's a guy that you prefer be willing to pay the price, don't go. You know absolutely, you know overpriced, but you've got the prospect death. This means that you can go get your guy when you want. And getting him now or getting him early not necessarily allows for you over the next couple of days to use him, but it guarantees that you get him, and that means that you're going to have him in the fold to be able to create the biggest difference for you that you can get. So go get your guy. That's that's the one thing that I'll end with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's I mean, I hope everybody's got notifications turned on because literally any second we can get the uh the blue box from the team or the Jeff Passing tweet or the Ken Rosenthal tweet like and it's all go. So this is certainly emergency podcast season. Obviously there's this is a not emergency. This is a normal podcast after a win. But don't be surprised at all. And it might happen at one am, like it did a couple of years ago when they got Hore Soilaire and Luke Jackson. So yeah, I have notifications turned on because this is the time of year where stuff.
Speaker 1: Happens, absolutely and we're gonna be here to cover it all for you. To be honest with you, I don't want to cover another Hora Silaire acquisition. Go go, go, go get difference makers, get them. Let' let let it, let's get it done. His name is Stephen Tolbert. You can find him at Beat Underscore, Outliers on Twitter, slash x. My name is Sean Coman. You can buy me at Stat's s a c get out see a favorite movie. But have those notifications on. So much fun coming up over the next few days and we'll have you covered until next time. Hey, and a praise want to continue to win by screwing run. That'll do them some good, as will until next time, Go braves, We'll talk to you again soon. Here and a Territory parts